Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-14-2017, 04:16 AM   #7001
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hi ladies! The weeks just fly by! It was a long week- Mom has bronchitis again..... (every 2 months like clockwork). My daughter Katie came home last night, to visit- but actually to be a care companion so we could go out.... We told Mom at dinner that friends invited us to a little festival to listen to a band and catch up. She decided not to join us- we were going to be outside and it was going to be a late night.

Caterpillar update- Ray took the plant outside for some sun and a wasp flew up and ate one of them.....ahhhhhhhhh- that is a scream! So the plant is back in the house, and we are seeing two caterpillars that are bigger and a baby one now .... The largest is about an inch, the smallest, about a cm.

Hmmm Maggie, I did not check GedMatch- will have to look into that. Even though fast moving, your class sounds very interesting, and you are making some fun discoveries! Your dinner sounds interesting! I love an Asian salad : ) And the cake- could you taste avocado at all knowing it is in there?

Maxine be safe in the frost and cold! I see on IG that you have been busy in your craftroom!

Barb will be back in town tomorrow- safe travels! Jeanette, the other world traveler will be back mid week I think. Hope the trip has some element of fun and not all work......all work and no play and all..... : )

Kelly- a couple of days until your fun family trip! Did you get out in the hot, hot, hot weather to the theme park?

Waving hi to Darlene and Lynn!

And hi to Kel and Kristi as well- and hope I did not miss anyone.

Shelly
Yikes on the wasp eating the caterpillar. I've seen that happen and once even saved a catty from a wasp. If I see on in my yard, I smash it up! They are relentless. Good luck with the rest of them. You can make a makeshift hutch with a tomato cage and some tulle. Just make sure there are no openings where the wasps can get through.

That is what is so good about this cake, there is no avocado taste. You would never know unless you knew! My kids didn't have a clue until I told them.

Hope your mom gets well soon. She needs to be careful it doesn't go into pneumonia.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-14-2017, 06:48 AM   #7002
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Ladies. It is good to be home......... This morning is "cutting the grass time" and this afternoon is stamping time!

Great to see more posts by Maxine--I hope the rain is helping your garden.

Shelly--I hope you have a good week and that your mom is starting to feel better.

Maggie--you are one busy lady with your classes. It all sounds so interesting! I bought one of the DNA kits from Amazon before we left for vacation so the box is ready to be opened soon.

Kelly is now enjoying a wonderful vacation in Orlando!

Jeanette is busy with her meetings I am sure!
Old 08-14-2017, 05:23 PM   #7003
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies. It is good to be home......... This morning is "cutting the grass time" and this afternoon is stamping time!

Great to see more posts by Maxine--I hope the rain is helping your garden.

Shelly--I hope you have a good week and that your mom is starting to feel better.

Maggie--you are one busy lady with your classes. It all sounds so interesting! I bought one of the DNA kits from Amazon before we left for vacation so the box is ready to be opened soon.

Kelly is now enjoying a wonderful vacation in Orlando!

Jeanette is busy with her meetings I am sure!
Won't do a lot of good sitting on the shelf Barb! Open it up! My GF at work got her kit over the weekend and she did the test today at work and sent it off to Ancestry. Can't wait until she gets the results back. We are looking for her birth father. I sure hope that something turns up.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:39 PM   #7004
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kelly is here but leaving in the wee hours of the morning! I wish you all a great week - I'll be back on Monday! Be good and sending hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:50 PM   #7005
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Kelly is here but leaving in the wee hours of the morning! I wish you all a great week - I'll be back on Monday! Be good and sending hugs!
Have a fabulous time and a safe trip Kelly.
Save
Old 08-15-2017, 06:16 AM   #7006
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! I did not get into the stamp room yesterday as there were too many things to do around the house and outside to catch up after being gone 10 days. BUT--I am heading there as soon as I am done checking in on SCS! I have a few cards to make so I am on a mission!
Old 08-16-2017, 07:01 AM   #7007
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I am home for a wee bit now - and am glad to be able to pop into SCS again. I've missed all of you! I am a bit frazzled so please forgive me but I'm not going to try to catch up in the thread. Just let me know if I've missed something important, okay?

My mom fell the second day of our trip and broke her hip. She was hospitalized; surgery on day 3 of the trip. I still had to be at those meetings so I left and went to the meetings the past two days. My mom is now in Acute Rehab (3 hours from her home) which is challenging. My sister will take my dad to see her again in a few days - she's not allowed visitors except for a few evening hours, which is challenging. But she is in good hands and we do believe this is the best place for her to be at this time. They anticipate she'll go home the end of next week... and I'm planning to go help out a bit when she gets home.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 08-16-2017, 08:10 AM   #7008
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies. I had an early morning meeting and I am home for a bit before heading to get my hair cut. Great to see a post from Jeanette and I am sending healing wishes and prayers for her mom. I completed a set of swap cards yesterday along with three other cards. I have a few more on my list to complete this afternoon!
Old 08-16-2017, 08:05 PM   #7009
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

So sorry about your mom Jeanette- Yikes! I will pray for her speedy recovery.

Oh Barb, it sounds like you hit the ground running!

Maxine- glad you got your pruning done and prep for trip is underway- so exciting!

We have nothing new to report. I made cards for my Mom's day care today- which they really enjoyed. I taught ESL today, stayed up late to finish my teaching plan and she forgot I was coming, so had to leave 45 minutes after I got there. Oh well. Ran to Costco with Katie after lunch at Chipolte
- she always sweet talks me into spending $$$ on her- which I do not regret, LOL I have not had a membership there for a long time, so was looking all around at what I did not need....LOL

Caterpillars- one is bigger than the other- looked like he was going to eat the other smaller one yesterday...I even separated them at one point. The larger one left the plant today....I found it up in the tract of the blinds- so hoping it makes its chrysalis there. We are like two 10 yr olds with a science project.....LOL

We started watercolor class again on Monday- I have to say, the color mixing (acrylic) class really has helped me alot-with colors anyway. One of the nurses I used to work with in ICU that has also retired is also in the class- she said there is a group of retired nurses that meets monthly for breakfast- going to add my name to the list.

Once I get the beaks on my birds done, I will post a pic : )

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:29 AM   #7010
Mad Swapper

Hi girls - final packing about to be done and then I will be away in about 6-7 hours... I have put on my blog that I am taking a sabbatical from blogging as I don't want to advertise that I am away.

Sorry to hear your Mother injured herself Jeanette - will be praying for her.

Waving to everyone else - I had better go and get some sleep before SIL pinks me up about 2:20 a.m.!! Will keep an eye on the thread via my phone, but may not say much.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:35 AM   #7011

Thanks so much for your kind words, Barb, Shelly, and Maxine... and Maxine, have a GREAT time while away! We will miss you!

It's been a sleepless night here - I've been awake since 3:20... finally gave up and got up. I'll be wanting a nap before this day is over.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-17-2017, 05:44 AM   #7012
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends. I am heading to Schaumburg Illinois early tomorrow morning to go to the Scrapbook Expo. I have not been to that one before and I have heard the vendor hall is huge--I hope my credit card can keep up as I am sure there are many items that I need!!! I am also taking a workshop and then will head home tomorrow night. Have a wonderful day!
Old 08-17-2017, 06:15 PM   #7013
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

I spent the day cleaning up a bit- the kitchen especially! he counter is where everyone throws stuff!

My piano teacher stopped by- she has a very full schedule- just back from Arizona to bury her dad, so I made her dinner- meatloaf : ) She had such a hectic day, she picked it up so I did not have to try to catch her....

One of the caterpillars made a chrysalis this AM, the other one is not too far behind.....

I had a fear the bigger one was going to eat the smaller one, it kept stalking it and meeting it head to head, getting aggressive at times. So, I moved the smaller one and then the bigger one did it one more time, then left the other alone. After a bit, it disappeared from the plant.....

Found it on the blind header- so will be about 10 days- hope it makes it! The other got huge today- so it will be following soon to chrysalis!

My hubby got tickets for a Cubs game tomorrow- oh Yeah! The day before the air show- they have practice fly by's, so you see planes flying in formation over Wrigley field while the game is going on.

Jeanette- I would never survive on little sleep! Have you always had insomnia?

Maxine- have a fab trip!!!

Barb- cannot wait to hear about your class and shopping and credit card burning up in Schaumberg!!!

Shelly
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:25 AM   #7014

Barb, I hope you and your credit card to okay today. Enjoy!

Oh, Shelly! I love the photos! It's going to be such fun for you to be able watch them transform!!! Not really ilife-time insomnia, I guess (I just tend to wake up early now and can't go back to sleep.) - but I don't require a lot of sleep so that's good.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:53 PM   #7015
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

I am home for a wee bit now - and am glad to be able to pop into SCS again. I've missed all of you! I am a bit frazzled so please forgive me but I'm not going to try to catch up in the thread. Just let me know if I've missed something important, okay?

My mom fell the second day of our trip and broke her hip. She was hospitalized; surgery on day 3 of the trip. I still had to be at those meetings so I left and went to the meetings the past two days. My mom is now in Acute Rehab (3 hours from her home) which is challenging. My sister will take my dad to see her again in a few days - she's not allowed visitors except for a few evening hours, which is challenging. But she is in good hands and we do believe this is the best place for her to be at this time. They anticipate she'll go home the end of next week... and I'm planning to go help out a bit when she gets home.

So sorry about your mom Jeanette. That can be so scary for an elderly person. I am so careful about that especially after I fell last year and fractured my arm. It's still not 100% and probably never will be. I guess with not having a lot of visitors, the patients can concentrate on their therapy and getting well. I hope she will be able to go home next week and good of you to go help out awhile.
Save
Old 08-18-2017, 03:59 PM   #7016
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

So sorry about your mom Jeanette- Yikes! I will pray for her speedy recovery.

Oh Barb, it sounds like you hit the ground running!

Maxine- glad you got your pruning done and prep for trip is underway- so exciting!

We have nothing new to report. I made cards for my Mom's day care today- which they really enjoyed. I taught ESL today, stayed up late to finish my teaching plan and she forgot I was coming, so had to leave 45 minutes after I got there. Oh well. Ran to Costco with Katie after lunch at Chipolte
- she always sweet talks me into spending $$$ on her- which I do not regret, LOL I have not had a membership there for a long time, so was looking all around at what I did not need....LOL

Caterpillars- one is bigger than the other- looked like he was going to eat the other smaller one yesterday...I even separated them at one point. The larger one left the plant today....I found it up in the tract of the blinds- so hoping it makes its chrysalis there. We are like two 10 yr olds with a science project.....LOL

We started watercolor class again on Monday- I have to say, the color mixing (acrylic) class really has helped me alot-with colors anyway. One of the nurses I used to work with in ICU that has also retired is also in the class- she said there is a group of retired nurses that meets monthly for breakfast- going to add my name to the list.

Once I get the beaks on my birds done, I will post a pic : )

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
LOL! You do get sucked into all the caterpillar drama once you start. I have finally seen a couple butterflies flying around my plants. The landscaper who came today said she thought that maybe the freeze we had in January may have delayed them coming North this season. I have seen that I had a caterpillar since once of my stalks of Milkweed has been stripped of leaves. Today I saw 2 small baby caterpillars on my giant milkweed plant. Not sure if I should move them or not. I have one potted milkweed plant that I could put in the hutch but I don't really want to get all into it this season. I may just let them go and see if they survive.

I always thought it would be fun to take painting classes, but I have no talent for it. I have 2 that my mother did that I cherish. It's so neat that you can do that with your mom.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:01 PM   #7017
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Friends. I am heading to Schaumburg Illinois early tomorrow morning to go to the Scrapbook Expo. I have not been to that one before and I have heard the vendor hall is huge--I hope my credit card can keep up as I am sure there are many items that I need!!! I am also taking a workshop and then will head home tomorrow night. Have a wonderful day!
Hope you had a great time today Barb. What did you get?????? I know you got something!

I'm going to the CKC Convention here in H Town next weekend. I'm so excited to go. I signed up for sooooooo many classes. In fact 3 are double. Signed up for 2 at the same time because I wanted to take both, but will go by one of each of the double ones and get the class packets to take home.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:04 PM   #7018
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I spent the day cleaning up a bit- the kitchen especially! he counter is where everyone throws stuff!

My piano teacher stopped by- she has a very full schedule- just back from Arizona to bury her dad, so I made her dinner- meatloaf : ) She had such a hectic day, she picked it up so I did not have to try to catch her....

One of the caterpillars made a chrysalis this AM, the other one is not too far behind.....

I had a fear the bigger one was going to eat the smaller one, it kept stalking it and meeting it head to head, getting aggressive at times. So, I moved the smaller one and then the bigger one did it one more time, then left the other alone. After a bit, it disappeared from the plant.....

Found it on the blind header- so will be about 10 days- hope it makes it! The other got huge today- so it will be following soon to chrysalis!

My hubby got tickets for a Cubs game tomorrow- oh Yeah! The day before the air show- they have practice fly by's, so you see planes flying in formation over Wrigley field while the game is going on.

Jeanette- I would never survive on little sleep! Have you always had insomnia?

Maxine- have a fab trip!!!

Barb- cannot wait to hear about your class and shopping and credit card burning up in Schaumberg!!!

Shelly
Oh, I love it Shelly! Can't wait to see them become a butterfly.

Have fun at the Cubs game.
Save
Old 08-18-2017, 04:05 PM   #7019
Quacker Stamper

I survived another week of classes and reports. I came out with a A for the Forensic Module. Pretty good since I couldn't figure out the DNA stuff. I really need to work on that. Then turned in my Repository Visit Report and got a 98 on that. She didn't tell me what the 2 points were taken off for. I'm now working on my last, yes LAST report for this course. It ends on the 28th. I've got a lot of it already done, so if I can finish it up over the weekend, I'll have a week with not a lot to do. There is only one more discussion to take part in also. Maybe I'll actually have some time to spend in my craft room.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:06 PM   #7020
Quacker Stamper

I took off work early today. I had a landscaper coming to look over my yard and flower beds and see what it would cost to clean them out and fix them up. She will send me a quote on that. Then we'll see about maintenance.

Since I was going to be home today, I also scheduled the garage door people to come out. My door has been making a ton of noise for the last several weeks. Turns out it was there was a big piece of metal on both sides of my garage handing down that was catching on the door when it lifted or lowered. He fixed that and while he was here, I had him replace the springs and the rollers on the door. It's now good for a very long time.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:09 PM   #7021
Quacker Stamper

Just because I've not been stamping much doesn't mean I haven't been shopping for some things. Placed an order with Heartfelt Creations. I'm really looking forward to taking some of their classes next weekend. I also ordered from Graphic 45. I get a project sheet from them every month and decided to order some of the items to make them. One paper pad was out, but they offered to make me one from single sheets and it was $1 less.

I also got the Holiday catty from SU today and I love so many of the things in there. I really do need to get started on Christmas cards.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:44 AM   #7022

Thank you, Maggie... my mom is doing pretty well. My dad and sister are there now - visiting yesterday and today. We also found out they are going to keep her two full weeks, so I'm home a bit longer than I expected.

Congrats on the grades... and for the class almost to an end.

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:12 AM   #7023
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Change of plans here!

Thursday night, mom fell forward in her room, face planted the floor! She is on a blood thinner, so watching her very closely! I am not sure if she had an arrhythmia or passed out or just slipped. So, I stayed home yesterday and Ray took a neighbor to the Cubs game.

Today, my younger sis is supposed to stop by at noonish. Not sure what the day holds for me yet... maybe a nap.

Caterpillar # 2 is now a chrysalis: ). Yes Maggie, so easy to get sucked in!

Yeah Maggie for finishing your class.

Jeanette, glad your mom is IP for 2 weeks- it is all about insurance... hope her care is excellent and her recovery speedy!

Off to shower before Kathleen gets up!

Shelly
Old 08-20-2017, 07:31 AM   #7024
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Change of plans here!

Thursday night, mom fell forward in her room, face planted the floor! She is on a blood thinner, so watching her very closely! I am not sure if she had an arrhythmia or passed out or just slipped. So, I stayed home yesterday and Ray took a neighbor to the Cubs game.

Today, my younger sis is supposed to stop by at noonish. Not sure what the day holds for me yet... maybe a nap.

Caterpillar # 2 is now a chrysalis: ). Yes Maggie, so easy to get sucked in!

Yeah Maggie for finishing your class.

Jeanette, glad your mom is IP for 2 weeks- it is all about insurance... hope her care is excellent and her recovery speedy!

Off to shower before Kathleen gets up!

Shelly
Oh, sorry about your mom's fall Shelly. Is she okay? Sorry you had to miss the Cubs game.

Yeah for your butterflies. I looked at my giant milkweed this morning and didn't see the 2 little ones that I saw the other day, so I'm thinking that a predator got them. I did see another Monarch flying around my yard yesterday afternoon. I think that these are Monarchs that are on their way down to Mexico for the winter. It's the journey South instead of the journey North. Not sure why they didn't stop on their way up.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:26 AM   #7025
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! I hope everyone had a good weekend and that you have sunshine and no clouds for the eclipse today! We are to be overcast, so I will probably not see much. My Friday at the stamp show was great. The class I took was at 5:00, called Happy Hour with Queen & Co. No beverages, but fun shaker cards! The vendor hall was sure crowded all day--but especially at 9 for the early bird specials. One scrapbook booth had a line of more than 50 people at one point I think............ I did get a some new things--a couple of stamps, some dies, cardstock and DSP. I am not sure I need any of it, but I have it now! I get to play all day in the stamp room, Yay for me! I hope you have a great Monday too!
Old 08-21-2017, 07:07 AM   #7026

Shelly, I am so sorry to hear of your mom's tumble... praying she is doing okay. I know you are watching her carefully and will make sure she gets the best care.

Maggie, that's too bad about the predators.

Barb, it sounds like you enjoyed the Expo and have some souvenirs from it, too.

I've been hanging out with DH and started washing the bedding already... slow start to my Monday, hence my delay in getting to SCS. Oh, and Brock looked quite handsome heading off to work today in his new shirt. DH buys Brock's clothes... and typically has chosen polo shirts to go with his bibbed overalls. This last week he bought him a few button shirts instead. I like that look much better! But of course, the best looking part of all is my handsome Brock in the shirt/bibbed overalls.

Ready or not, the eclipse is coming. (Yep, I'm one of those who didn't buy any of the special glasses.) We are to get 98% totality here... but it is to be overcast, so like Barb, I'm not sure what we'll see. An hour south of us is 100% and they are expecting MASSES of people. One town was estimating 80,000 people would show up. Yikes!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-22-2017, 04:30 AM   #7027

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:02 AM   #7028
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies-Happy Tuesday!!!! Did you enjoy the eclipse yesterday? It was too cloudy here to see anything, but it sure was eerie outside during that time. I spent the day in the craft room and will again today.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:12 AM   #7029

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-23-2017, 05:34 AM   #7030
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends!
I hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Old 08-23-2017, 05:47 AM   #7031

Smoochy!!!!!!!!!! It's been so long since we've seen you!

Thanks Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:59 AM   #7032

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-24-2017, 05:40 AM   #7033
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends--I hope you had a Happy Hump Day yesterday and are getting ready for a Fabulous Friday. But, in the meantime, have a Terrific Thursday!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:24 AM   #7034

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-25-2017, 06:44 AM   #7035
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends!
Happy Friday--I hope you have a Fantastic One!

Old 08-25-2017, 05:52 PM   #7036
Quacker Stamper

Looks like Barb and Jeanette have been holding down the fort all by themselves! Thanks ladies.

I had a busy week at work and at home. I needed to get my class project done and submitted before the weekend and the CKC Convention. I did finally get it submitted Wednesday night.

Then I had to get ready for CKC. I left work at 11:30 on Thursday to get home and gather my things together for Thursday night. That was such a fun time; long, but fun. The class started at 3 and went til 9 and I still need to finish it up with the decorating. We MADE a box, just MADE a box and then decorated it. It has dividers inside with little box drawers. So cute.

So disappointed though with some of the vendors. Found out Thursday night by email that Heartfelt Creations was going home that night after traveling to the show. That was 4 of my classes canceled. Then 3 other vendors pulled out that I had classes with. I ended up with only 5 classes today. One was 2 hours long and it still needs to be finished. I was really sad that Nicole Petersen left also. I really wanted to take that Bible Journalling class. I also lost a chipboard book and a mixed media card class. I did do a mixed media class where with decorated a 12 x 12 acrylic binder with mixed media. That still needs to be completed. It is a big project. I liked working with the acrylic. Even with the canceled classes, I really enjoyed what I was able to attend. Everyone was so friendly and the presenters especially, so nice.

So now I have the whole weekend to play. They have canceled our church meetings because of the possibility of widespread flooding from all the rain. We may have to build an ark by the end of next week.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:34 AM   #7037

Happy Saturday to all my Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, Barb and I do our best.

SaveSave

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-26-2017, 06:37 AM   #7038
Quacker Stamper

LOL, Jeanette. Yes you do.

Lucky for us Harvey did not hit us last night. Rainy days to come though. It's going to be a jammies weekend for me.

Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:52 AM   #7039
SCS RAK Coordinator

Stay safe Maggie--and have fun playing indoors!
Old 08-26-2017, 07:37 AM   #7040
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello to all!

We have had a zippy week- flew by!

We have one caterpillar beginning to turn brown at the bottom- should be a butterfly soon! Caterpillar #3 has left the plant and we are keeping an eye on where it is. It should be a chrysalis soon- usually w/in 24 hours of leaving!

Mom had to go in for a CT scan- even though she is fine, and I got yelled at by a nurse in the Coumadin clinic..... I do know better. My sister told me I have to go to the ER anytime Mom falls or gets hurt for legal reasons..... but still glad she did not go- they would have kept her up all night and she would have been admitted to the hospital.

We missed watercolor class- they painted chickens : ) We may paint tomorrow if we can.

I have a baby shower today, then a couple we have known for many many years- both turned 60 this year, so their kids are throwing a huge party for them. The kids all live out of state, and are in town for the baby shower, so today was a perfect choice of days. Mom is going to come with us.

Mom is still congested and a bit wheezy in the chest, but sounds a bit better today. I have been giving her nebulizer treatments and the works...hoping it resolves.... Ragweed is coming out in bloom, so keeping my fingers crossed!

My sister came down and stayed overnight Wednesday night, we went to Chicago and had dinner with Katie, then saw Hamilton. It was really, really good! We have waited for months to see it. Dinner was at a Cuban restaurant. We stopped on the way to the subway and Ray got ice cream.

I need to make a couple of cards, so have to run! I should have made them yesterday- we did not do much...!

Waving hello to everyone!

Shelly