Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-12-2017, 05:47 AM   #6881
Swapper of the Month March 2013

so sad... so so sad!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #6882
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

YAY - today's the day! Little man calls in from camp on his alloted phone call, 3 minutes tops! LOL! He's having a blast, says the smuggled messages and photos from a very nice camp leader! Will have to buy him some beers after this Today they are up in Tennessee white water rafting - gaaaaah! Tomorrow is zip lining and rock climbing later on a 'real mountain side' - not too happy about that

We've got Maggie in class and doing well, on the mend and better - yay! Maxine always with her faithful smiles and kind words, Kel showed up - hi!, Jeanette blogging like crazy, Barb on another trip (I really want to be Barb when I grow up! She travels all the time and does fun things when she's home!) ............ what a fun bunch!

Waving!
DT:  The Project Bin
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:01 PM   #6883
Mad Swapper

Hi everyone - just to let you know we have so far today had a frost, followed by rain, sleet and snow today!! Think I will be staying close to the heater as it is not supposed to be getting much better all day . I may pop out to the studio and put the heater out there if I get really enthused!!

Enjoy the warmth y'all!! Slowly waving from a freezing down under....
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:32 AM   #6884

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Kelly, I'm sure little man will love the mountain climbing... and will have awesome tales to tell you!

Maxien, yikes! Your weather is all over the place. I hope you stayed warm and safe!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:28 AM   #6885

Well, today is the day - the last day DD is here. I'm sure going to miss her... and yes, I'll cry a bucket when I make the airport run tomorrow. It has been such a joy having her here for the past 5 weeks or so.

There won't be much time for giving into my sadness in her going, though...... I fly to the Dominican Republic on Monday... so there is packing to do, and a check list to peruse to make sure I have everything ready here at home for DH and Brock to survive 8 days without me.

Oh, and did I mention, I have about 12 blog posts that need to be typed up and scheduled? The photos are there read and waiting for the words.

Hmmmm... so much to do, so little time.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn, mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:43 AM   #6886
Gabfest Goddess

Hello everyone. Jeanette: too bad DD has to leave. hopefully your mission trip will distract you. It's hard to say goodbye.

Brrrrrrr...it IS July, right? Cold & rainy again today. Yesterday and today we wont even make it to 70 degrees. Sheesh! But I like saving on my electric bill with no AC running.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:50 PM   #6887
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Evening Ladies. It has been a busy few days so I have not checked SCS much. The golf outing on Wednesday was great--a bit hot, but no rain. As I posted that day, we had 5 inches of rain overnight and another 2 inches between 6:30-9:00 that morning before we left! There was no more during the day, so that was good. There was 11 inches in Burlington, just south of here and there is lots of flooding along the Fox River. I helped at a friends rummage sale that I also had some items in all day yesterday and this morning, so it has been a busy few days. We have no plans for the weekend, other than a hike in the park and picking up the rummage items tomorrow afternoon. Have a fantastic weekend!
Old 07-15-2017, 03:49 AM   #6888

Thank you, Darlene! Wow! That is cool for this time of year!

Barb, your weekend sounds relaxing!

Well, this is the day. I'll be leaving in just a few short hours to take my DD to the airport for her flight back to Alaska. Flood warning in Lambert Airport Region. The tears will be plentiful enough to cause seawater flooding, which is quite unusual for the central United States. Then when I get home, I'll dry up those tears and kick into packing mode myself, as I leave extremely early Monday morning to go back to Lambert Airport, this time to catch my own flight to the Dominican Republic. So... this is it (well, most likely it is)... the last post you'll see from me until at least the 25th of the month.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-15-2017, 10:31 PM   #6889
Mad Swapper

Must be the weekend - there are no posts - It's sunday evening here and the past two days have been busy for me too - Friday was bleak and cold again, but yesterday and today have been hard frosts ( -2 oC) followed by sunny days - I can live with that!!

I had my Granddaughter have a sleepover on Friday night - she was fine and we spent part of the evening colouring together!! Saturday morning I took her to a cafe and she had a 'fluffy' and I had a coffee and we both ate cake !!

I made a quick card yesterday afternoon for a friend who is really ill with the 'flu, and as she is the lady whom I got Tinker from she loved that is was a cat one - made with a stamp set the Kelly sent me!! I have had it up on IG, but I have not blogged it yet.

This morning was church, and then I got four cards finished this afternoon - two were part done, one of the others was planned and the image stamped, and the fourth one was 'from scratch' I was pleased with the outcome of all of them.

Waving bye from an increasingly chilly evening Down Under, and I think we get showers again tomorrow....
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:33 PM   #6890
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Checking in on a quite Sunday afternoon! We had a very bust week last week. I happy it is over! My Mom did well at my sisters, but came home tired and has not been sleeping that great. She is asleep on the couch now as I type!

I have been keeping up on the thread by e-mails, but I cannot reply, nor can I see the graphics. I changed my password today, so hoping that will work! Success- I just posted a reply on another thread from the phone. I can tell you, my posts will be way shorter now- so hard to type on the phone!

Maxine- saw pics on IG of your Granddaughter- how fun!!!

Barb- hoping the weather and the sale were Great!

Jeanette- hope the trip is successful and lots of prayers for you as well!
Glad you had time to spend with your daughter : )

Darlene- I was thinking of complaining the other day as it was Hot and Humid, then I remembered how Maxine was talking about frost and I decided it was better than freezing cold and I kept my mouth shut! LOL Hope the sun comes out for you!

Kelly- prayers for you- hope you improve quickly!

Waving hi to Kel and nice to see you here!

Hi to anyone else I missed!

Shelly
Old 07-16-2017, 05:49 PM   #6891
Watercolor Wizard

hugs everyone, and happy sunday hope you're staying warm or cool wherever you are... it's been ridiculously hot and humid here in hawaii so we've been running our AC nonstop but thank goodness for PV so our electric bill doesn't jump up that much.

busy cleaning the house to make space for people to come install doors and one last set of windows from an install we did back in february!! they had ordered the wrong window size and so we had to wait for it to come in but they told us 6 weeks. more like just short of 6 months!! but whatever, it'll finally be done tomorrow!

off to get back to cleaning and then do a bit of homework. have a wonderful week friends
Old 07-17-2017, 05:47 AM   #6892
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Monday! I hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Old 07-17-2017, 11:00 PM   #6893
Mad Swapper

Tuesday almost down and dusted - did not go to plan - started with a friend arriving in tears due to a bereavement in the (extended family), and then she ordered 4 cards, and as I also needed a sympathy card, I have spent the afternoon in the studio. I have got them all done to the point of assembly, which I can do by electric light this evening.

Then part way through I got a ring from my daughter, can I have the grandson for Thursday afternoon evening - various reasons, but bang went any plans I may have had, hence why I worked really hard on the cards today. !!

Praying for Jeanette as she is away

Barb it sounds as though you are as busy as ever and enjoying life

Great to see you again Kel - no doubt you will be glad toe see the last of the windows done and in!!

Kelly I hope the 'little man' and you have survived camp

Shelly you really are a saint the way you are caring for your mother - you are officially in what's known as the 'sandwich' phase of life where you have demands on you from both the older and younger generations... not the easiest place to be!

Maggie I hope your weekend has gone well and you and refreshed ready for the start of the working week.

Waving to you all from down under
Old 07-17-2017, 11:02 PM   #6894
Mad Swapper

Hi to Darlene and Lynn and Kristie too - how dare I forget you!! - and then I couldn't go in and edit my post.. Don't know what SCS is up to.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:17 AM   #6895
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I get to/have to spend the day in the stamp room today. I have a couple of cards that need to be posted to my blog this week and they are not even a thought yet........................
Old 07-18-2017, 12:07 PM   #6896
Mad Swapper

Oh Barb what a hard day you have!! 😀
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:55 AM   #6897
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Hump Day!

I do have hard days Maxine--but someone has to do it!
Old 07-19-2017, 07:37 AM   #6898
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

ROFL Maxine and Barb! I'm actually jealous ............... I want to stamp!

Won't get into the Dr stuff because it aggravates me ....... saw another one yesterday and the result was the same, I dunno - not my area, referring you yet again :/

We went out yesterday to the local ceramics place and made pottery - my crew. The guys stayed home ......... we are in operation cheer up, and it was a riot. We got to mold and fire up the kiln (sp?) paint and it will be glazed. The daughters each painted puppies and seahorses and fall pumpkins and what did I make ....... a coffee mug with flip flops on it, ROFL!! They look at me like seriously. What? I wanted to be practical! Even if it's not drink-out-able, I can add it to my craft desk and make it look fly with pencils or something. LOL!!!

Waving to everyone!
Old 07-19-2017, 10:15 PM   #6899
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Checking in before bed- yep-almost midnight. I like to watch Jimmy Kimmel and then Nightline before I go to bed. Tonight I am hearing about gross persecution of homosexual folks in a region of Russia- it was quite violent- Yikes! Aweful! Then, a segment about OJ's parole...... My husband loves to watch OJ stories- I am not sure why.....

I hope someone can put their finger on the right treatment for you Kelly- how frustrating! How fun to paint with the girls. I miss having the girls here to do fun activities like that- and LOVE that you made a coffee mug-LOL.

Barb, I hope you made it through your rough day and were able to accomplish much!

Maxine- I sure hope you are staying warm with your heater, and that you got those cards done!

Kel- we had windows done in the whole house back a few years- it was quite a mess- dust. I did not expect that- but so worth it! Bet your summer is fun- have seen a couple of fun pics at the beach and such with the kids. That baby is growing so fast!

I am working on getting the bags and bags of stuff we moved from my brothers put away in my Mom's room....lots of stuff! I took a bag to a resale shop today and dropped by church with a few things too.

Next, I ran over to the Animal Shelter to see if they would take meds for fleas/ticks- Parastar I think it is called- we had 2 unopened so they took those, but would not take any opened pkg's. I snuck in the back and looked at the dogs they had for adoption. I was not moved to bring any of them home- one tugged a bit at my heartstrings, but not enough...... They had way more cats than dogs- it was a bit of a shock.

I have been having trouble with a sister of Mom's. She is a bit 'off' and decided to move herself into assisted living. Dear heavens, she is off her rocker- I give up and just will not talk to her....will pray for her......

More sorting tomorrow- there are stamps calling my name on my desk- I hope to get into the craft room tomorrow.

LOL, when we went to Va., mom was at my sisters. e had an extra day, so we (read Ray) moved her furniture out of the room she is in and moved in a dresser that is hers and a bookcase. She has no clue. I am going to sell the bedroom set- it has 3 dressers- 2 with hutches and a twin headboard and a nightstand. One of the hutches is in my workroom..... so more sorting. It will be great to get it done!

Waving hello to all- have a great week. We are HOT and very humid here.
Shelly
Old 07-20-2017, 07:39 AM   #6900
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Thursday! I have been able to spend some time the last few days in the stamp room and I feel like I am getting ahead! I hope you are having a good week!

Shelly has sure been busy!
Old 07-21-2017, 05:09 PM   #6901
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Friday, ya'll!
Old 07-21-2017, 05:52 PM   #6902
Mad Swapper

Just to make you envious Kelly, it's Saturday here 😳😳😳. I have been making lace, not cards this morning.
This afternoon will be cat patting, hen penning (DIL and son are away overnight) , soup delivering to a friend who is under the weather, and dessert making for dinner for 9 at DD's tonight....
Old 07-21-2017, 06:18 PM   #6903
Mad Swapper

This what I am up too....
Old 07-21-2017, 06:21 PM   #6904
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my - Maxine! You are Multi talented !! Making lace?! I'm intrigued!

Enjoy your Saturday - dessert and soup ...you are a sweetie <3
Old 07-22-2017, 09:09 AM   #6905
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Maxine- how cool is that! I love the look of your bobbin lace- how long does it take to do an inch?

Just stopping in to see what is news! : )

If I did graphics, that would be a huge smile with gleeming teeth!

We sorted almost all of mom's belongings. I went and bought alot of storage containers- way too many- hehehe I guess I thought the job was bigger than it was! We went through some of her jewelry- may have to get some of it appraised.

Mom went with my sister to have dinner with my Aunt- all went well- clapping hand graphic here!!! We went to a friends where there were 6 couples- all but one have boys the same age as Chris. One friend has amyloidosis of his heart- he was told 3 years ago he had 3-6 mos to live..... Makes all of our problems seem minute.

So, one of the pieces of furniture in my work room is from the set that we replaced in mom's room.... So, I had to clean off the dresser/hutch , get it out and clean of a shelf from the basement to replace it with. Now, I have 3 big bins full of 'stuff' to put back and sort out.

Oh- my Milkweed (5 plants total) have 3 caterpillars! My husband is so excited about it! And, we have our first cherry tomato today! Life is good!

I am off now, making a card today for a blog hop tomorrow : ) Create with TLC. I intended to get it done before today- but busy week!

Hope you all have a great weekend to all!!!

Shelly
Old 07-22-2017, 11:02 AM   #6906
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Saturday, everyone!
Old 07-22-2017, 07:17 PM   #6907
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Evening Ladies! I had a golf outing yesterday which was a fund raiser for breast cancer research in honor of a friend who passed away 2 years ago. It was a great day, a bit warm and we did get rained on the last four holes--and we did raise a lot of $$$! We went to a family reunion for roomie's family this afternoon and are headed to a baseball game tomorrow in Madison with the Humane Society. Monday is a funeral for the mom of a good friend--so a busy few days, as usual................
Old 07-23-2017, 07:34 PM   #6908
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy SONday!
Old 07-23-2017, 08:20 PM   #6909
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

YAY - today's the day! Little man calls in from camp on his alloted phone call, 3 minutes tops! LOL! He's having a blast, says the smuggled messages and photos from a very nice camp leader! Will have to buy him some beers after this Today they are up in Tennessee white water rafting - gaaaaah! Tomorrow is zip lining and rock climbing later on a 'real mountain side' - not too happy about that

We've got Maggie in class and doing well, on the mend and better - yay! Maxine always with her faithful smiles and kind words, Kel showed up - hi!, Jeanette blogging like crazy, Barb on another trip (I really want to be Barb when I grow up! She travels all the time and does fun things when she's home!) ............ what a fun bunch!

Waving!
Did Little Man make it home safely from him camping experience? I bet he had a blast. Sounds like he was doing all the fun things that boys like to do.

Yes, class is still going on. Got a B+ on my citations report. Was hoping to do a little better on that, but they are really hard. Just turned in my latest report on Friday. I really liked how it went although when I was reading it tonight to a friend I found one glaring mistake and one little bitty comma that I left out. I know our facilitators will zero in on both of those. All in all I think it turned out pretty well.

I have been feeling much better and got back out to walking at lunchtime 3 days last week. If the weather holds up, I'll get to go more times this week although I do need to make a trip to DSW to take back 2 pairs of shoes that I ordered that don't fit right.
Save
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 07-23-2017, 08:21 PM   #6910
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi everyone - just to let you know we have so far today had a frost, followed by rain, sleet and snow today!! Think I will be staying close to the heater as it is not supposed to be getting much better all day . I may pop out to the studio and put the heater out there if I get really enthused!!

Enjoy the warmth y'all!! Slowly waving from a freezing down under....
Maxine, I feel for you. I don't look forward to the Winter coming here either.
Save
Old 07-23-2017, 08:22 PM   #6911
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello everyone. Jeanette: too bad DD has to leave. hopefully your mission trip will distract you. It's hard to say goodbye.

Brrrrrrr...it IS July, right? Cold & rainy again today. Yesterday and today we wont even make it to 70 degrees. Sheesh! But I like saving on my electric bill with no AC running.
Wow! The weather is really crazy all over the country. Yes, not having to run the A/C is good as long as you don't have to have the heater on instead.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:26 PM   #6912
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Must be the weekend - there are no posts - It's sunday evening here and the past two days have been busy for me too - Friday was bleak and cold again, but yesterday and today have been hard frosts ( -2 oC) followed by sunny days - I can live with that!!

I had my Granddaughter have a sleepover on Friday night - she was fine and we spent part of the evening colouring together!! Saturday morning I took her to a cafe and she had a 'fluffy' and I had a coffee and we both ate cake !!

I made a quick card yesterday afternoon for a friend who is really ill with the 'flu, and as she is the lady whom I got Tinker from she loved that is was a cat one - made with a stamp set the Kelly sent me!! I have had it up on IG, but I have not blogged it yet.

This morning was church, and then I got four cards finished this afternoon - two were part done, one of the others was planned and the image stamped, and the fourth one was 'from scratch' I was pleased with the outcome of all of them.

Waving bye from an increasingly chilly evening Down Under, and I think we get showers again tomorrow....
Sounds like you had a really nice weekend Maxine. I hope your friend is feeling better. Glad you got out and were able to make a few cards.
Save
Old 07-23-2017, 08:28 PM   #6913
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
hugs everyone, and happy sunday hope you're staying warm or cool wherever you are... it's been ridiculously hot and humid here in hawaii so we've been running our AC nonstop but thank goodness for PV so our electric bill doesn't jump up that much.

busy cleaning the house to make space for people to come install doors and one last set of windows from an install we did back in february!! they had ordered the wrong window size and so we had to wait for it to come in but they told us 6 weeks. more like just short of 6 months!! but whatever, it'll finally be done tomorrow!

off to get back to cleaning and then do a bit of homework. have a wonderful week friends
I have balanced billing with my electric, so it stays pretty much the same most of the year with maybe a $10/$20 variance up and down.

I had new windows put in my house a few years ago and it really has made a big difference.
Save
Old 07-23-2017, 08:34 PM   #6914
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Tuesday almost down and dusted - did not go to plan - started with a friend arriving in tears due to a bereavement in the (extended family), and then she ordered 4 cards, and as I also needed a sympathy card, I have spent the afternoon in the studio. I have got them all done to the point of assembly, which I can do by electric light this evening.

Then part way through I got a ring from my daughter, can I have the grandson for Thursday afternoon evening - various reasons, but bang went any plans I may have had, hence why I worked really hard on the cards today. !!

Praying for Jeanette as she is away

Barb it sounds as though you are as busy as ever and enjoying life

Great to see you again Kel - no doubt you will be glad toe see the last of the windows done and in!!

Kelly I hope the 'little man' and you have survived camp
Shelly you really are a saint the way you are caring for your mother - you are officially in what's known as the 'sandwich' phase of life where you have demands on you from both the older and younger generations... not the easiest place to be!

Maggie I hope your weekend has gone well and you and refreshed ready for the start of the working week.

Waving to you all from down under
Sorry your plans got interrupted, but so nice of you to be a listening ear for your friend and then have her order some cards from you - fabulous!

Last weekend was great. On Saturday I went to see a B-17 Bomber airplane. One of the men from church belongs to a sort of club that takes care of planes and this is one. It is still operational and even has all the accessories on it - ammunition and bombs. It was very interesting and we got to go inside it although it was very cramped and hot in there. I didn't stay inside too long. The kids that were there had a great time with it. It was in for maintenance which was why we got to go see it.

Sunday I went to my DD's for dinner and after we watched Jurassic World! It was quite intense, but the ending of it made it all worthwhile! If you haven't ever seen it, I recommend it and just remember to watch for the ending.
Save
Old 07-23-2017, 08:38 PM   #6915
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

This what I am up too....
Wow! That looks very intricate and involved Maxine. What will it turn out to be?
Save
Old 07-23-2017, 08:41 PM   #6916
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Maxine- how cool is that! I love the look of your bobbin lace- how long does it take to do an inch?

Just stopping in to see what is news! : )

If I did graphics, that would be a huge smile with gleeming teeth!

We sorted almost all of mom's belongings. I went and bought alot of storage containers- way too many- hehehe I guess I thought the job was bigger than it was! We went through some of her jewelry- may have to get some of it appraised.

Mom went with my sister to have dinner with my Aunt- all went well- clapping hand graphic here!!! We went to a friends where there were 6 couples- all but one have boys the same age as Chris. One friend has amyloidosis of his heart- he was told 3 years ago he had 3-6 mos to live..... Makes all of our problems seem minute.

So, one of the pieces of furniture in my work room is from the set that we replaced in mom's room.... So, I had to clean off the dresser/hutch , get it out and clean of a shelf from the basement to replace it with. Now, I have 3 big bins full of 'stuff' to put back and sort out.

Oh- my Milkweed (5 plants total) have 3 caterpillars! My husband is so excited about it! And, we have our first cherry tomato today! Life is good!

I am off now, making a card today for a blog hop tomorrow : ) Create with TLC. I intended to get it done before today- but busy week!

Hope you all have a great weekend to all!!!

Shelly
Wow! WTG on the Milkweed and caterpillars. I sure hope they make butterflies for you. I still have some beautiful Milkweeds as does my sis and no caterpillars! It's actually okay since I don't have the time to take care of them this year. I hope to get back more involved next season.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:49 PM   #6917
Quacker Stamper

Yesterday I ran my errands early because my DGD and I had tickets to go see Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone at the Houston Symphony. They show the movie and the orchestra plays along the soundtrack. It was really neat and we loved the movie again! People would clap and cheer or boo and hiss at the characters. You were supposed to do that. I thought that the conductor was British with his accent, but it turns out he's Australian!

Today was a quiet day. Got some laundry done and church of course. Then had writer's group tonight.
I was the only one who showed up so the leader and I had a nice chat. I read her my paper that I turned in the other night about my 7th great grandmother. She gave me an assignment which I hope I can work on this next month in between class lessons.

Our next Unit starts on Wednesday and I hope to get some cardmaking done tomorrow night. I have 2 appointments on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, so not much will get done then.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:41 AM   #6918
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yep, it's Monday!

Maggie - how intriguing to see a show with the orchestra! I bet that was a wonderfully uplifting experience!

Yes, little man is home and we heard all about his adventures for days - he had SO much fun! The only part that was bad, he says, was the food :*( Even the leaders said it was really bad - almost inedible, lol. He did get his care packages and had lots of snacks - plus they were so busy, they didn't notice. He looks taller and thinner!

Tomorrow he goes on an exclusive merit badge day trip about mining and geology - 2 counties up. We leave at 5 am!

Waving to all!
Old 07-24-2017, 07:54 PM   #6919
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello from cool Illinois! We had a wild storm, rain and booming thunder yesterday. Many people had power outages, we were lucky- lights flickered and that was it..... It rained for about 1 1/2 hours. (We are about an hour away from the bad flooding in Illinois by the Fox River).

I spent last evening moving stuff upstairs to my craft room from the basement- and got most of it put away - 'cept for some loose stamps that do not have a family or a place to go..... How on earth do you decide what stamps to get rid of and which to keep? Uggg!!!

The cleaning ladies came today, so spent the day picking up, and went to a doc appt. I have mild sleep apnea, so I am needing a mouth guard. I sure hope it will make me feel more energetic : )

Tomorrow, have an allergy appt, then, getting into my craft room! I need to be creative for the fun of it, but have a couple of (Asian) swaps that need to get done and in the mail. Adding later- I just realized we have painting class 1-3:30...Oh well, no cards for me- maybe tomorrow night?

Kelly- eeks- 5 AM is quite early! Your little guy sounds like he is in an awesome Boy Scout group!!!

Maggie- that movie sounds so cool, with an orchestra and all! After the big storm, looks like we lost a caterpillar in the storm : (

Barb- still going 240! So, did you keep up with the golfing? in the rain? We watched the end of the Brittish open yesterday- wowza! An American- just 23 yrs old won.

Happy Stamping and inking to all!!!

Shelly

Last edited by mcschmidty; 07-24-2017 at 10:08 PM..
Old 07-25-2017, 05:03 AM   #6920

Remember me? I'm home again.

I'm so far behind that I won't read to catch up in the thread (I'm sorry!).... but know that I missed hanging out here every day while I was gone.

If I missed anything important, please let me know. Thanks!

Find Me on Instagram