Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-29-2017, 09:37 PM   #6841
Mad Swapper

Oh Shelly - I feel for you loosing your beloved Peanut - he will be sorely missed.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and a great visit with Stephi.

Hugs from Down Under..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:38 AM   #6842
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--Happy Friday and the start to a loooonnnnng weekend! I have a couple of errands today and then hostess club this afternoon--YAY! I hope you have a Fabulous Friday!
Old 06-30-2017, 06:58 AM   #6843
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

TGIF friends!

Shelly - big hugs! Sorry to hear about Peanut ANd have a great time at your reunion!

Waving to everyone!

We're heading out for the day, back late tonight ~ enjoy your day!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 07-01-2017, 04:28 AM   #6844
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Can you believe it? It's July!

Last night we heard fireworks going on.
Some people like to celebrate early.

I didn't show up here on SCS yesterday. DD and I decided (kind of spur of the moment the night before) that we would go to the city for a day of shopping... and Chipotle... and Starbucks. We had a GREAT time!

A threat, Barb? Surely you jest. *giggling

Shelly, I am so sorry about Peanut. Such sadness. I did have to smile though when you told about your mom's response to the smoked chicken comment. How funny! The "cow visit" isn't until the week after next. UGH! I'm sure I'll have a story to tell.

Maxine, it's good to see you!

Kelly, I hope you had a great day out and about!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mcschmidty and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:18 AM   #6845
Gabfest Goddess

Morning everyone & hello to our Dear Maxine, not sure if it's tomorrow yet where you are?? LOL

Tinker sounds like quite the entertainer! I am really glad that you have him with you. Isn't that the way with triggers? Mine are getting farther apart, but when they start it can be hard for me to turn the day around. I imagine it's similar for you. How nice that you had a family dinner!

Shelly, enjoy the family reunion today & travel safely.

Maggie, are you feeling any better? Boy it's been a rough couple of weeks for you.

We had pretty strong thunder and lightning last night, powerful storms. Even the broadcasters were saying "Wicked line of thunderstorms heading our way..." Thankfully I wasn't driving in it.

Jeanette, your day of shopping and Chipoltle and SBs sounds deeee-lightful

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 07-02-2017, 08:44 AM   #6846
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, I'm still alive!
Shelly, I was so sorry to read about Peanut. Hang on to those memories now.

Still here but not really. I haven't blogged in a while and seem to be so much happier right now. I was just miserable trying to keep up with it all and then feeling guilty if I didn't. It got to the point where if I didn't have at least one card to post for the week, I'd just throw something together not even liking it - just so I'd have something to post. Not a good deal at all. No fun....and not a reason to blog either.

I did finally figure out a little bit of Instagram though. Took about 2 days of watching videos and just playing with it all and goodness.....this is so much easier for me right now. Snap a picture, put it on there, and I'm done. My camera is older than dirt so not the best pictures in the world, but I just don't worry about it. At least I'll have some sort of a record of what I make. I still have a lot to learn on it but maybe someday I will, and then again, maybe not. It is what it is I guess.

Hope everyone is doing ok.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:07 PM   #6847
Mad Swapper

Yay, Lynn is in the house - awesome to see you here!! I had spotted you on IG and must admit I liked the work you are putting up there. Keep it up.
I got a couple of cards done yesterday, one of them using a piece from my nail polish marbling session on Friday. So glad I worked outside when I was playing with that technique !!
Waving to you all from down under
Old 07-02-2017, 08:38 PM   #6848
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello and happy 4th weekend!

We had a family reunion yesterday, and it was lovely. We have seen each other at funerals this year x's 2, so nice to see everyone for a nicer occasion! We had good weather and a fun couple of games for everyone to play.

My Mom is in the middle in Orange. She is 88 next week, one sis is 85, and the other 81. One Aunt is late 70's.
Mom went home with my sister for a week, and we are going to Virginia to visit Stephanie- leaving tomorrow : )

Hi Lynn- I see you are on Instagram- I am new to it as well, and it is much easier than the blog!!! I still like the blog though....and SCS when I have time.

Maxine- you are so creative lately! I love seeing all of your posts on Instagram- and the kitty pics too!

I have a doc appt tomorrow with a sleep doc- I have mild sleep apnea- we'll see what he recommends. I know loosing weight will be one thing. I have gained a bit of weight this past year, so it will be good if I can get that moving along.

I will try to check in while I am gone. Otherwise, will be back late Friday nite.

Shelly
Old 07-03-2017, 04:04 AM   #6849

Yes, Darlene, it was a great day! You are in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))

Lynn, it is so good to see you! I'm glad you've found what makes you happy. That's so important!

Maxine, you always do the most creative things. Nail polish marbling included.

Shelly, what a fabulous family photo... a real treasure! Enjoy your time away visiting Stephanie!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-03-2017, 06:51 AM   #6850
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Monday! Our weekend has been great--weather wise and fun! We had 26 people here for the party yesterday and had a few drops of rain around 1:00. It threatened rain the majority of the day, but nothing more happened and it was sunny and warm. Aben and Kathy brought up a slip-n-slide and some of us used that on Saturday and Sunday--Fun Times! I have a couple of errands today and maybe some stamping time later.
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:08 PM   #6851
Quacker Stamper

Hi everyone! Happy Monday. Sorry it's been awhile since last post. It's been a busy week as usual trying to get my project done to be turned in tomorrow. I usually try to comment each post, but there have been so many. You guys sure do get chatty sometimes.

Maxine, continued prayers for you and your family as well as for you and your family Darlene. Last Thursday the DD of an old friend who used to live here in H Town many years ago contacted me about the son of another family that used to attend church here also many years ago. They believe that he accidentally overdosed and passed away. He was a little younger than my DD's. So tragic. He had been having some tough times, but they say that he was getting himself together and was in a good place so they don't think this was intentional. Still so hard to lose a child at any age. The other sad part is that the father has an inoperable and untreatable brain tumor so it is just a matter of time before he passes over also. Please keep them in your prayers.

Darlene, I am doing better healthwise - still have the lingering cough, but that's to be expected down here. With our high humidity, it's hard to kick these things quickly. Thanks your all your good vibes and wishes for better health. I do appreciate it.

Maxine, our cherry times must be at opposites. Ours is about now. The fresh ones are in the stores and I just love them. I grab a handful out of the bag at night and just devour them. I do love a good cherry pie too, fresh or from the can, but then again, I love a good pie. I don't think there is a flavor that I don't like. Glad that Tinker is keeping you entertained.

My car is still at the body shop and probably won't get done until the end of the week. I called the shop last Thursday to check on it and talked to the owner. He said that he had to call State Farm to come back out and reassess the damage - there were a few things that they missed and a couple that they thought could be repaired that need to be replaced. I just got an email today from the insurance company that they had gone to look at it and adjusted the estimate. I called the body shop today and they told me all the different things that they found wrong. It was confusing because the estimate I got today didn't add up right. Come to find out that there were 2 supplements done today because the inspector forgot to add something in that needed to be done so the estimate I got was Supplemental 2 and I never got Supplemental 1. Anyway, the body shop explained it all to me and said that the insurance company should send the additional money directly to them.

Shelly, your mom is a hoot! It's so good that she can still be fun loving while dealing with such hard issues. So sorry to hear about Pepper. I know that is difficult time for the family too. I've lost too many furry babies and it never gets any easier. Saw your family reunion photos on FB. Looks like you all had a great time. What a large family get together. Have a fun time with Stephi. Sorry to hear that she's struggling right now. I'll keep her in my prayers. Hope everything goes well with your sleep doctor tomorrow. I went through a sleep test many years ago because I was having trouble sleeping. That was back when I was going through chemo and it was messing with my sleep habits. He put me on 2 different sleep aids. One to take when I went to bed and the other when I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep. That all cleared up once I was off the chemo.

Barb, glad that the party was successful and everyone had a good time and NO RAIN! We haven't had any for a few days here either although a couple times we were supposed to get some. It sure has been hot and humid though. Glad you had time to get inky. I hope I have some time tomorrow but I do need to get my craft room cleaned up and organized. Got some new products in that need to be put away.

Jeanette, glad you were able to get away for the day. Did you take Brock along with you on your spur of the moment outing?

Hi Lynn, so great to see you posting here. I can understand about blogging. It does take some time and some days I get my cards posted, but don't enter any challenges because it takes so much time which I have little of these days. I'm signed up on Instagram and see things that a few people post that I follow, but I've never posted anything of my own on there.

Kelly did you come back from your Friday outing???? Hope you're having a good weekend.

Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:08 PM   #6852
Quacker Stamper

I was busy on Saturday. Went to the grocery store first thing in the morning - took me an hour and a half. I was getting things for dinner on Sunday - the kids were coming over. It was a celebration for my DD's birthday which was on Saturday. Had lunch when I got home from shopping and then started in on cleaning the house. What a mess it had gotten in to. I hadn't done any real cleaning since May when I started school. I've been so busy with the class work and assignments. It took me until after 6 to get everything done that needed doing. I can't start and not stop every so often to take a break since I've got this bad low back problem. Dinner turned out well. I made Vegan Spinach lasagna and it turned out really good. I used tofu and vegan cheese along with chopped spinach for the filling along with garden vegetable pasta sauce and mixed in veggie crumbles, just as if it were crumbled hamburger meat. It made a huge dish of it so we had dinner last night, they took some home for today and I still had 3 slices for leftovers for me. I also made cake for dessert of course and had Soy Delicious dark chocolate truffle ice cream along with it. I hadn't tried that one before and it was really yummy. Everyone was happy. My DD is on a "no sugar" diet right now too so that is another issue that I need to deal with for dinners. I hope she doesn't stay on that one for too long. Since it was her birthday, she did eat a small piece of the cake, but passed on the ice cream. No matter - more for me.
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:17 AM   #6853

And a Happy Tuesday to all of my Stamp Addict Friends!

Barb, it sure sounds like you have a good time!

Maggie, wow... lots going on in your life. I am glad you're feeling better other than the lingering cough. No, Brock stayed with his dad... the outing was just DD and me.

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:44 PM   #6854
Quacker Stamper

Quiet day here. Didn't hear anything from the extended family about any goings on today so just staying at home. Worked on finishing up my class project this morning and got it submitted. Started to work on the next week's lessons. Not fun. Got laundry done, cleaned up the kitchen and litter boxes and now going to spend some time in my craft room.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:58 AM   #6855

I hope you all had an enjoyable and safe holiday!

Maggie, you sure accomplished a lot yesterday. I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy the holiday with those you love, though.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-05-2017, 07:11 AM   #6856
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Wednesday that feels like a Monday! I have a haircut this morning and then time in the stamp room later. I am prepping for a small shoebox swap next Monday at Sarah's studio while she in in Thailand for her SU trip. She called it "while the cats away, the mice will play, shoebox swap! There are five of us going and we are each making two different cards for the shoebox and will come home with 8 new cards--YAY!

I hope you have a fantastic day!
Old 07-06-2017, 04:34 AM   #6857

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-06-2017, 05:23 AM   #6858
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I had a great time in my craft room yesterday and completed both cards and the kits for our shoebox swap next Monday. One is on my blog today if you want to check it out. It is to be hot here today so I am going to cut the grass this morning. I also want to get some things together for our friends rummage sale next weekend that I will be helping with--stamping and household things are on the list!

Have a Terrific Thursday!
Old 07-06-2017, 07:05 PM   #6859
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello!!!

We enjoyed the 4th in Fairfax, it rained quite a bit, but the rain held off for about an hour around the time of the fireworks, so they were a Go! We walked instead of taking the shuttle, so got lots of steps in : )

Yesterday, we went to Shenandoah National Park. Again, cloudy and raining on and off. We had fun anyway, hiked a bit..... watched out for bears, bit did not see any.

Today, we took the Metra into DC and saw the Iwo Jima memorial and walked the Mount Vernon trail. We will head home tomorrow PM. I am not sure what is on the agenda tomorrow before we fo to the airport.

Barb- the shoebox swap sounds so cool!

Maggie- how long before the class is over? I loved doing family research- it will be great when you are retired to have something to do.

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Old 07-07-2017, 12:52 AM   #6860
Mad Swapper

Hi all - I am still in the land of the living - half frozen as we have had a series of overcast and rainy days an low temperatures! I will survive though.

I had a haircut this afternoon and now am feeling light headed, and as I walked home from the hairdressers the breeze around my ears was noticeably cooler than when I went around there!

Kelly - where are you - too much holiday and not enough visits to SB's for you to cope with??

I have been busy sewing these past few days - making pump bags for the hospice - they are bags they pop electronic medicine pumps into so the patient can carry the pumps more easily and they don't look quite so conspicuous... The hospice nurse was saying they are always running short of them, so this is a thanks you to them.

Good to hear you had a good few days away with your daughters, both Jeanette and Shelly.

Barb that shoe box exchange sounds fun. - hope you have enjoyed your inky time today

Waving hi and bye from Down Under
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:29 AM   #6861

Barb, can we all come along to your shoebox swap? It sounds so fun!

Shelly, there is so much to see in that area... and it sounds like you're seeing quite a bit. Enjoy the time you're there with Stephi, and be careful heading home!

Maxine, I got a haircut yesterday, too... and I think Barb got one the day before. It must be the time for haircuts. LOL! I think your "thank you" project for Hospice is so thoughtful... and so like you. You always do the kindest things! (If I lived close enough to make the mailing of them feasible, I'd ask how to make these bags, and I'd help replenish their stock, too.)

Hmmmmmm... I sure hope Kelly didn't have a close encounter with a gator.

And Maggie... perhaps she's swamped with assignments.

Waving to everyone!!!

Things have been busy here at our house. We're still enjoying our DD's visit!!! Her BF is flying in today and will be here a week. Then next Saturday DD and her BF are leaving to fly back to Alaska. Two days after that, I fly to the Dominican Republic on my mission trip.

Oh and did I mention, my DH leaves today for a week at our association's Children's Camp? He's not looking forward to it - it is probably his least favorite part of his job. He doesn't camp. He doesn't do heat well (no AC), and he frets that someone will get hurt or something, so it's pretty stressful for him.

In the midst of all this activity, I'm trying to get all of my Design Team stuff made and blog posts scheduled for during the time I'll be gone.

Yep. It's pretty busy around here. LOL! But all good stuff.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-07-2017, 05:52 AM   #6862
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends. Happy Friday! I have some grocery shopping to do today as we have some friends coming for supper tonight. Our friends from Colorado are in Wisconsin for a family reunion and we are hosting them along with four others tonight. It is also a bit of a "planning session" for a backpacking trip the end of July in Colorado for 4 of them--me, not one of that number! They are going to be on the Colorado Trail for 6-7 nights. I am flying out the end of their week and we will spend some time sightseeing for another 8 days.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!
Old 07-07-2017, 06:57 AM   #6863
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Went to bed checkin in here and waking up doing the same- wow- lots of early AM activity here! Good Morning : )

Maxine how nice and thoughtful of you to sew for the hospice. I have to say, I sew bags for a domestic abuse shelter (they put toiletries in them), and it can be expensive! I try to buy fabric and ribbons on sale, but only get 3 bags a yard so it adds up quickly. Also, try to use fabric little kids would like-especially boys.

Barb- no hiking for you? I would be all over a trip like that! I love the great outdoors : ) So, what will you do after the trip? (Besides hear all about the hike, LOL)

Jeanette- you are so organized! Enjoy your daughter and her BF- is he from Alaska? I hope your hubby survives the great outdoors. I am no longer a fan of camping, mostly because of my back and neck..... and I sweat like no other! LOL I think a trip to the Dominican Republic or any mission trip sounds so awesome!!! Bless you and all those who share love around the globe!!! I bet there is some sweating that goes along with that climate in July too........ (Do I sound like a big baby???)

I wish I could stay longer- Stephi is really busy with her school work. She is working for a few hours this AM, and then we will have lunch together and then head out for the airport. As Jeanette says, there is so much to do here- I will be back!

Waving Hello to all : )

Have a great day
Shelly
Old 07-08-2017, 05:31 AM   #6864

Good Morning Stamp Addicts!

Barb, I think your trip to Colorado sounds fabulous... and no, I wouldn't want to hike!

Shelly, that's the way it should be... hanging out with us first thing in the morning and before heading to bed at night. Oh, please don't fret about sweating. Truly! (I don't mean to be gross here, so forgive me if this is TMI). I do not sweat. No matter how hot I get, my body just doesn't. (I do sometimes get a wee bit clammy, but not sweaty). So, I am prone to overheating way too much. To the point of near heat stroke. It's actually quite scary and debilitating. It can put me in bed for a day. My DH, on the other hand, sweats enough for both of us..... and a whole army of other people, too. LOL!

And yes, he is fretting BIG time about me going to the Dominican in the middle of summer. EEK! I am pretty stubborn though (NO COMMENT, Barb) and go when God says go, even if DH has reservations about it. LOL! I keep telling him I'll be fine.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:54 AM   #6865
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

I hope you all had an enjoyable and safe holiday!

Maggie, you sure accomplished a lot yesterday. I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy the holiday with those you love, though.
No problem. I had too much to do around here anyway and enjoyed watching 2 fireworks shows on TV. I still have 2 more that I recorded that I haven't watched yet.
Save
Old 07-08-2017, 10:56 AM   #6866
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning--Happy Wednesday that feels like a Monday! I have a haircut this morning and then time in the stamp room later. I am prepping for a small shoebox swap next Monday at Sarah's studio while she in in Thailand for her SU trip. She called it "while the cats away, the mice will play, shoebox swap! There are five of us going and we are each making two different cards for the shoebox and will come home with 8 new cards--YAY!

I hope you have a fantastic day!
Sounds like fun times Barb.

Since I was home from work on Monday, I called my lady to see if she was working. I got in to see her at 11 and got some color and a cut. She asked me how much to cut off and I said, well I'll tell you 1/2 inch, but I know you'll cut off more than that. We had a little chat about hair. She told me mine was doing well - not thinning out like a lot do when they get older. Also, something that I didn't realize - your hair grows about an inch a year, so depending on how long your hair is (mine is about 4 inches), that means my ends are 4 years old.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:02 AM   #6867
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello!!!

We enjoyed the 4th in Fairfax, it rained quite a bit, but the rain held off for about an hour around the time of the fireworks, so they were a Go! We walked instead of taking the shuttle, so got lots of steps in : )

Yesterday, we went to Shenandoah National Park. Again, cloudy and raining on and off. We had fun anyway, hiked a bit..... watched out for bears, bit did not see any.

Today, we took the Metra into DC and saw the Iwo Jima memorial and walked the Mount Vernon trail. We will head home tomorrow PM. I am not sure what is on the agenda tomorrow before we fo to the airport.

Barb- the shoebox swap sounds so cool!

Maggie- how long before the class is over? I loved doing family research- it will be great when you are retired to have something to do.

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Sounds like you are having a nice vacation. All that hiking and the rain isn't slowing you down.

Class is over the end of August. I am considering going forward though to get an Associate's Degree in Family History Research. It will take 3 years, but would be really good. The only drawback is that it is required to attend a meeting every Thursday night the first year (3 semesters Sept - July). I think I might be able to skip one or two if needed. The price is right though - only $69 per credit hour.

Retirement is still up in the air.
I finally had my yearly review with our Office Manager on Wednesday. She does like to chat. We spent most of the time talking about her family history. It is pretty interesting. Her sister is doing most of the research, but they've done their DNA stuff too. We have a Unit coming up in August about that. Can't wait to get into it.

Of course when we were talking about my review, she did ask me if I had any future plans yet. I told her it was in the back of my mind, but I hadn't really made any decisions yet. I did casually mention that it would be great to work 5 hours a day and she responded back that my boss might go for that!!!! What!!!! That was interesting that she would even consider that and think that my boss would also.

Old 07-08-2017, 11:07 AM   #6868
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Barb, can we all come along to your shoebox swap? It sounds so fun!

Shelly, there is so much to see in that area... and it sounds like you're seeing quite a bit. Enjoy the time you're there with Stephi, and be careful heading home!

Maxine, I got a haircut yesterday, too... and I think Barb got one the day before. It must be the time for haircuts. LOL! I think your "thank you" project for Hospice is so thoughtful... and so like you. You always do the kindest things! (If I lived close enough to make the mailing of them feasible, I'd ask how to make these bags, and I'd help replenish their stock, too.)

Hmmmmmm... I sure hope Kelly didn't have a close encounter with a gator.

And Maggie... perhaps she's swamped with assignments.

Waving to everyone!!!

Things have been busy here at our house. We're still enjoying our DD's visit!!! Her BF is flying in today and will be here a week. Then next Saturday DD and her BF are leaving to fly back to Alaska. Two days after that, I fly to the Dominican Republic on my mission trip.

Oh and did I mention, my DH leaves today for a week at our association's Children's Camp? He's not looking forward to it - it is probably his least favorite part of his job. He doesn't camp. He doesn't do heat well (no AC), and he frets that someone will get hurt or something, so it's pretty stressful for him.

In the midst of all this activity, I'm trying to get all of my Design Team stuff made and blog posts scheduled for during the time I'll be gone.

Yep. It's pretty busy around here. LOL! But all good stuff.

Yes, Jeanette, class work keeps me pretty busy in the evenings and I even can squeeze in some time at work to work on writing my reports.

Well, it was nice to have only 3 days of work this week, and they were busy, but kind of easy too. Glad to have my boss doing some work that trickles down to me. I've also had a little bit of time to work on my next class project that is due on the 12th. It's all about writing source citations which I am learning about and not very good at yet. I still have to look up either online on in my book how to do them. I just bought a new book that I hope will make it easier.
Sounds like busy times for you guys. Hope you enjoy this week coming up with DD and her BF.

I'm with your DH. I hate camping too! I have been in the distant past when I was involved in Girl Scouts, but we never did it as a family. Do not like the heat or the bugs or not having a comfy bed to sleep in. No thanks. I'll pass.

Save
Old 07-08-2017, 11:10 AM   #6869
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Friends. Happy Friday! I have some grocery shopping to do today as we have some friends coming for supper tonight. Our friends from Colorado are in Wisconsin for a family reunion and we are hosting them along with four others tonight. It is also a bit of a "planning session" for a backpacking trip the end of July in Colorado for 4 of them--me, not one of that number! They are going to be on the Colorado Trail for 6-7 nights. I am flying out the end of their week and we will spend some time sightseeing for another 8 days.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!
You guys sure do a lot of traveling! Fun times.

Went up to Best Buy this morning before tackling the grocery store. When I got home last night, my computer battery said I only had 20% of time left and it wasn't charging. Not sure what the problem was so I just turned it off. Well, it seems that the computer and charger are okay. He said it could have been the outlet in the power strip that went bad, so I came home and plugged it into a different slot and it's working fine - Charges up to 73% now.

I have friends coming for dinner tomorrow night, so I had to get things for dinner. I'm going to make a dish of tortellini with pasta sauce and meatballs with salad, rolls, and dessert. Kind of easy to put together.

I've got to work on my class report since I lost computer time last night.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:07 PM   #6870
Watercolor Wizard

hi friends! just when i think things are slowing down something else happens and i get busier than ever. lol. but i miss you guys and i'm thinking of you guys often

busy busy... full time job, full time (and then some) school on top of everything else. this is my last week of teaching summer school though so then i go back to no students and just working in my office instead of having to deal with 30 high school kids!! definitely looking forward to that.

will make my rounds on the blogs since i'm way overdue, but it won't happen until this weekend at the earliest... i just have to make it through this week haha!

hugs everyone!!!
Old 07-10-2017, 04:43 AM   #6871

I hope your weekend was FABULOUS!

Maggie, I am glad you didn't mind the quiet holiday experience. I sometimes find being home and relaxing to be the best way to celebrate. Other times, I want to be in the crowd, having fun.

Kel, it's good to see you!

Do you like Unity Stamps? Or FREE stamps??? If so, please be sure to stop by my blog today (and every day this week)... leave a comment for a chance to be the winner of 25 random stamps from Unity. Two winners will be randomly chosen from those who comment on my blog. Yep... I'm pretty excited to be a Growing in Unity Gal this week!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-10-2017, 05:21 AM   #6872
Quacker Stamper

Kel, so glad to see you posting here again. Missed you. I don't know how you do it with working fulltime, school fulltime, teaching and then all the DT's that you are on. I'm struggling with just one class, work and my low key DT"s and swaps that I do.

I'll try to get by your blog today Jeanette. Sounds fun.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:41 AM   #6873
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends! Happy Monday! I am off to our shoebox swap this morning at Sarah's--While the Cats Away, the Mice will Play! There will be five of us and we each prepped two cards, so we'll each make 8 cards.

Great to see a post from Kel.

Maggie and Jeanette are very busy! I will check out Jeanette's blog this week for sure!
Old 07-10-2017, 05:51 AM   #6874

Hi Maggie and Barb... THANKS!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:26 PM   #6875
Mad Swapper

Yay - Kel is in the house - waving frantically before she disappears again.
Ooohh Jeanette is a Unity girl - I will call by your blog!!
Barb enjoy your mice play with the shoes box!! 😃😂😃
Maggie - I don't even work and can't figure out how Kel does all she does and still makes cards.
Kelly must be still waiting at the gate, or is that at SB's for her little man to get home...
Kristie shows up on Instagram daily but not here - and she is showing her cards there.... Waving to her in case she pops in here while my back is turned.
Shelly it's always good to see you here - how did you Mum go at your sister's place when you visited Stephie?
Better get up and going..... Waving to you all from Down Under.
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:55 AM   #6876

Maxine, it's so good to see you! You are always so faithful to stop by my blog and comment, you needed no nudge to do that. Thank you for always saying the sweetest things, too!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-11-2017, 07:11 AM   #6877
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends--Happy Tuesday! I did have fun yesterday at the shoebox swap--we made 8 cute cards and had a nice time too. I get to spend some time in the stamp room today again--good to be retired!
Old 07-11-2017, 09:47 AM   #6878
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends! Keep trying to get here and for one reason or another, 100 things get done first. Hmmm doesn't life know i need to craft and visit friends all day?!

Hugs all around!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 07-12-2017, 05:31 AM   #6879

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-12-2017, 05:41 AM   #6880
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Wednesday. There will be no Smoochy this morning as we had over 5 inches of rain overnight and I am sure the arid animal is soaked! We have a golf outing today in Wis. Dells and I am sure it is going to be a bit warm and humid!

I am not sure I will be here tomorrow morning as I am heading out of the house early to help some friends at their rummage sale, so I hope you have a great couple of days!