In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2014, 09:31 AM   #641
Proud Fan Club Member
 
mcschmidty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 5,166
Default

Maxine- sorry you got the stomach bug- nothing worse! And, hope hubby feels better soon as well!

Oh I must have read the post wrong- thought Jeanette WAS still going to Thailand- I imagine it will be interesting over there- so much corruption- they needed a change, just hope it goes smoothly...... without innocent civilians getting injured!

Lynn- the Cricut I had was alot of work- mostly because it would not cut really small parts of designs-and it was so frustrating for me! The Cameo is a breeze.....cuts like butter! Learning the software can be a little tricky, but there are TONS of video's on You Tube, and SVG's are fun- kind of like digital images- you can resize them to any size you would like them to be : ) However, I do not think dies will EVER go out- there are tons of people who do not want to get into the electronic cutting machine scene.

I am feeling about 85 yrs old today- woke up all stiff....going to get in a hot shower and then make a DT card- also going to look at tables for the back porch today. We have one, but it only fits 4 people, and we are having more than that over here tomorrow......

Wishing everyone a FABULOUS Memorial Day Weekend!

Shelly
__________________
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
Visit My Instagram HERE DT for  Jan's Digital Stamps
mcschmidty is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #642
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,969
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Better go and feed the troops

OH too funny, I say this same thing!! I guess it's part of my military upbringing Funny, the other night I said to a lady who asked if all 4 kids were my kids (like maybe they were nieces/nephews or something) and I said Yes -- I like to tell people I didn't have 4 kids, I had a litter - LOL!!!

Max and Shel, I'm sorry you are both going thru that yucky stuff and hope that the allergies/germs/bugs clear out! WHen my dd17 had bronchial pneumonia, it took MONTHS to clear up. We had to cancel a ski trip to CO because she couldn't be in the cold weather and get her better

Waving hi to all as I take a break - reorganizing and cleaning up the Cabana and feel like I'm getting nowhere!

My dd19 is going to build a garden - green house. We went to Lowe's today to get the wood and things she needed - researched and plans drawn out. The girl's crazy, lol. It's hot as blazes out here 24/7 but she's going for it ~ bought all the soil and seedlings and is outside digging the ground up! I helped as long as I could but it was just WAY too hot!

We're hitting the beach tomorrow - I hope ya'll have some great plans, too!

Hugs!
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:45 PM   #643
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Afternoon all - we are home again, with our bugs - thankfully my nose did not stream too much as I was driving!! Got to look on the bright side! DH is responding to the meds (again, and thankfully)

We have a polar blast hitting and are forecast for -2oC over night - Brrrrrrrrr.

Kelly I hope it is not too hot for your daughter's garden - sounds as though she is one determined young lady working in that heat.

I sure do hope that they don't kill off the dies in favour of the cutting machines!! That is my only comment.

DOTW - yup, sometimes I just wish some of the blogs / manufacturers would take on some lesser known mortals - some of the designers seem to turn out the same old same old 'look'. Same with challenges - some challenges always seen to pick only the "multi-layers and loads of flowers" type of designers and winners.

If you are feeling 85 with your muscle aches Shelly, I must be about 105 as my stomach muscles are still complaining about the other nights 'work out' and now my inter-costallars are whining too, from all the sneezing!
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:44 AM   #644
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,910
Default

Hello all, Happy Memorial Day to all in the States! Happy Monday to the rest!

Maxine, sorry to hear that you and hubby are battling the crud. Here's hoping that you both get better quickly. Brrrrr....keep warm!

Shelly, I echo your experience with my Cricut. Plus extremely difficult to get intricate cuts off the adhesive mat w/o damage. Grrrr. So it collects dust. It's too bad, because I was really excited to get it.

I need to go back several pages to catch up...what's everyone up to?

My Board Retreat went really well. We landed on some great ideas for new products & services to offer the members in the next 12-36 months and are getting busy with research, pricing etc. Just what we need to do, so I'm thankful. This meeting took a lot out of me, we're short handed so it was a bit rough to prepare for. I just couldn't get my energy back until Sunday it seemed. Showing my age!

ok, off to read the past pages here & try to get up to speed.
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:49 AM   #645
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,910
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Thank you Maxine. Yes it was my GF that I visited when she was at the Hospice.
Maggie, so very sorry to learn of the loss of your dear friend. May your memories bring you comfort.
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:10 AM   #646
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,910
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyK.View Post
Hi everyone!

I am so sorry for being MIA these past two weeks. After doing my copic classes on Mother's Day weekend I just had to relax. I think the primary reason is that my craft room is such a mess - really a disaster. It looks like a tornado went through it - and it has been that way for awhile.
Every time I went in I just did not have the inspiration to create, so I just ended up walking out - not wanting to deal with the mess. But I really miss crafting.

And here is my true confession - I purchased a Silhouette Cameo at Christmas - I've been wanting one for awhile and the price was good. Well, it has sat in the box in a corner of my craft room since then. Why - because I did not have a clear space to put it!
Finally I had a long talk with myself and started cleaning. I am not done yet, but I have made significant progress. I can see the floor (!!!) - although it does need a good vacuuming. My computer desk is cleaned up. My work table is about a clean as it is going to be - I have lots of room instead of one small area that is cleared out. I figure I still have about a week to go before the room is really cleaned up but I am taking it a day at a time.
The good news - I was able to take my Silhouette out of the box and get it hooked up! I've read about so many people having problems with it and was a bit afraid. I watched a GinaK video on how to set it up - best 30 minutes I ever spent. And was kicking myself about why I did not set this cool machine up sooner. Of course the set up was not without some hiccups. The software included in the box was out of date and would not load. But a simple look on the Silhouette site for the latest version fixed that problem. I even cut out two items last night!!! I can see why people love this machine. I am hoping to get rid of a bunch of my dies and punches.

Anyway - I wanted to check in and let you know I am still here!! Once I finish the rest of the cleaning I will be back.
I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
Oh my, Nancy! I could have wrote exactly this about my combined office/craft room. It's a disaster!

My office desk is microscopic and the monitor & keyboard take up most of it. So I often end up with piles of paper on the floor. I know just what is in each stack too. Ugh it is bad. My craft side of the room is not any better.

This room really needs a make over. Thanks for inspiring me to start! Keep going on yours too!
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:15 AM   #647
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,910
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Hi Kristie, I'm sorry you've injured yourself again. Do we need to send a protective layer of bubble wrap or something?

Maggie, so glad you made it to your hotel with little difficulty. Enjoy your weekend!

Maxine, awwwww... that's too bad that the little ones have colds. Try to stay healthy. I think the trip to Thailand is not going to be troubled by the situation there... since we aren't going to Bangkok. I still have some busy work to do, but it's coming along, so I'm not worried - yet. Thanks for asking!
I was thinking of you and your trip when I heard this news. Glad to hear that you don't anticipate any problems. Will still be saying a few prayers for you and your group though.
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:38 AM   #648
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,910
Default

So here's my stupid little tale & a few lessons learned

Never, EVER try to do a refinance because of pending divorce when ALL experienced staff are gone & you are left with a new hire of 60 days. Oh, and having the closing date be 2 days prior to your Board retreat is a really bad idea too. LOL
Of course there were problems with lining up the soon-to-be ex's signatures on his part of the papers...which meant that my signing date & time could not be set (there's a certain amount of time between signings that can not be exceeded). Trying to deal with all of this before the next payment which is due June 1st. Oh, and yes, property taxes out of escrow just happen to pay out soon...so many variables.
So all week (even during the board meeting) I'm getting voice mail and texts from the title company, my attorney, the lending officer, the notaries, etc. No stress.

Weds night while out to dinner with my board, my son texts me that his company has issued a pay decrease, and that they can't afford to stay in their apartment if fiance goes back to school, so can they come back here to live. Of course they can...but it will take some major rearranging of how I am using the house. ...And there is the safety of my birds because their little dog, although adorable and beloved - HUNTS my birds. I decide not to think about that until I get home.

Thurs. night I get home, they come over and we talk logistics, schedules, how it would work, etc. They are very concerned about their dog and my birds. I tell them that we can solve that but need to consider all other aspects first to see if it's feasible. They lived here 2 years ago and it was workable, except that's how we know that their dog hunts my birds.

Friday, after the closing on the loan, I start to truly think about my birds and the danger to them, and the only way to keep them safe is to diminish their lives - i.e. caged. I can't bear the thought. It is equivalent to condemning a dog or cat to complete crate living.

In tears I call my friend where they live when I am away (you've heard me refer to her place as The Spa, LOL She is the Bird Whisperer!) She knows my birds, my house and their set ups here. Thanks to her I now have a plan for how to rearrange things and keep my birds safe and happy. The kids also are willing to restrict their dog sometimes so that all pets can be safe.

What an emotionally draining week it was! Thanks for "listening" and letting me get this off my chest. Today I think that I am going to treat myself to some music and making some cards for swap commitments. ...That is...assuming that I can clear off my crafting counter enough

Maggie & Barb, safe travels back home!
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn, mschoener and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:55 AM   #649
Insane Embellisher
 
ksmile1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in my craft room
Posts: 808
Default

Darlene - I'm glad you were able to get the loan closed. Sorry you had such a stressful time getting it done though! Good luck with your new living arrangements. I hope you are able to destress and craft today!

Maxine - Hope you and your hubby are feeling better by now.

Lynn & Shelly - Sorry to hear you ladies have been in pain too. I hope you are both feeling better today.

Kelly & Nancy - how are the craft rooms coming along? Last Monday while I watched the Bachelorette, I sat on the floor and filed cardstock lol. What a pain! I have all my SU and MFT cardstocks in filing boxes and when I am done using it, I just stick the leftovers on top and I had a huge pile of CS. Now I am trying to just put it away when I am done. It keeps my room cleaner and the paper from getting wrecked.

Maggie - I hope you enjoyed your copic classes! How fun to learn how to airbrush!

Hello to everyone that I missed

My hand is feeling much better. It finally healed enough that it stopped hurting when I washed my hands. Allergies are on the upswing finally. I spent most of yesterday doing housework and scrapped a bit. Today I will work on more chores and finish up a layout and make at least one card. I also need to work on my next Disney recap
__________________
~Kristie~
My Blog: My Paper Life
ksmile1978 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:23 PM   #650
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Well we survived the babysitting yesterday but DH has gone down with another chest infection today, after I spent most of the night in a most inelegant position over the loo - I picked up a tummy bug, we suspect last Wednesday, as on Thursday the other DGS had a tummy upset - oh the joys.

I have had a banana and that seems to be sitting o.k.
So sorry that DH has another chest infection. He seems to get that very often. Sorry about the tummy issues. Hope you are feeling better today.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #651
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Maggie, so very sorry to learn of the loss of your dear friend. May your memories bring you comfort.
Thank you Darlene.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #652
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
So here's my stupid little tale & a few lessons learned

Never, EVER try to do a refinance because of pending divorce when ALL experienced staff are gone & you are left with a new hire of 60 days. Oh, and having the closing date be 2 days prior to your Board retreat is a really bad idea too. LOL
Of course there were problems with lining up the soon-to-be ex's signatures on his part of the papers...which meant that my signing date & time could not be set (there's a certain amount of time between signings that can not be exceeded). Trying to deal with all of this before the next payment which is due June 1st. Oh, and yes, property taxes out of escrow just happen to pay out soon...so many variables.
So all week (even during the board meeting) I'm getting voice mail and texts from the title company, my attorney, the lending officer, the notaries, etc. No stress.

Weds night while out to dinner with my board, my son texts me that his company has issued a pay decrease, and that they can't afford to stay in their apartment if fiance goes back to school, so can they come back here to live. Of course they can...but it will take some major rearranging of how I am using the house. ...And there is the safety of my birds because their little dog, although adorable and beloved - HUNTS my birds. I decide not to think about that until I get home.

Thurs. night I get home, they come over and we talk logistics, schedules, how it would work, etc. They are very concerned about their dog and my birds. I tell them that we can solve that but need to consider all other aspects first to see if it's feasible. They lived here 2 years ago and it was workable, except that's how we know that their dog hunts my birds.

Friday, after the closing on the loan, I start to truly think about my birds and the danger to them, and the only way to keep them safe is to diminish their lives - i.e. caged. I can't bear the thought. It is equivalent to condemning a dog or cat to complete crate living.

In tears I call my friend where they live when I am away (you've heard me refer to her place as The Spa, LOL She is the Bird Whisperer!) She knows my birds, my house and their set ups here. Thanks to her I now have a plan for how to rearrange things and keep my birds safe and happy. The kids also are willing to restrict their dog sometimes so that all pets can be safe.

What an emotionally draining week it was! Thanks for "listening" and letting me get this off my chest. Today I think that I am going to treat myself to some music and making some cards for swap commitments. ...That is...assuming that I can clear off my crafting counter enough

Maggie & Barb, safe travels back home!
Glad that you were able to work out all the logistics for DS to come home to live with his fiance and dog. Sorry that he's having financial issues, but I hope that will only be temporary. Will he stay with the same company or look around for another job for more $$? How long do they think they'll have to be there at your house?
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:51 PM   #653
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,969
Default

Aw, Darlene -- God is faithful and ever present ... I know he is already at hand working on your situation! You are so calm in the way you describe things - I do hope that you are able to find some solace in all the upheaval. The kids being home will work out, no doubt -- including the wee doggie. Hopefully you won't have to cage the birds .... sounds like he/she will need some little toys and lots of milkbones!

Welcome Home, Maggie - if you are home ♥

Maxine, bless your heart -- I'm sorry to hear about dh and hope for a recovery and you both get some much needed rest!

We are nearly done with dd's garden. It was her idea for about 2 months and it's been quite frustrating, but she's determined! South FLorida is not meant for digging - lol. Too much Coral Rock - the main reason why there are not basements here. Impossible to dig! She has a huge spaced dug up - ahem,, yours truly helped with about half - blisters to go with! I even had gloves on! Ouch Her bff came over today to give me a little break and get some cards done and helped her built and hammer the box ~ I think it's about 20' x 30'. We bought all the wood yesterday and dh went and found the right nails. Looks good so far but oh my, it was SO SO HOT!! Tomorrow we plant ♥

My son has his last week of school - YAY! Award ceremony is Wednesday followed by their water party - looking forward to that. Then my dd's finish next week but they have their huge chorus banquet on Sunday which is always fun, too.

I'm SO looking forward to Summer!

Hi Kristi and Nancy! Kristi, I am diggin' your Disney pages! Nancy, you sound like me with the Cabana - I have to walk away sometimes but today I got it back in order! I can't create when it's in such disarray - it's chaotic for my mind, lol!

Welcome home Barb if you are back -- Jeanette, woot - I'm sure you are up to your eyeballs in planning and trip work! How are you feeling Shelly and Lynn?

I hope I didn't miss anybody! I'm sleep deprived *grin* And have to be up in like ....4 hours! Off to bed for me

x0x0
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:57 AM   #654
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Hi there

Darlene - what a week you have had - sl glad there are some positive outcomes for you all.

Kelly - I am so glad you will be able to slow down soon - for your sake

Lynn I hope your shoulder is on the mend - sounds nasty .

Kristie - glad to hear your hand is healing

Nancy - looking forward to seeing your new creations from you tidy craft area.

Shelly - Hope your aches and pains are gone now .

Jeanette - hope the preparations are going smoothly.

Barb - I trust your trip has gone/is going well.

Maggie - your weekend away sounds fabulous - looking forward to seeing the results

I am feeling much better - and thankfully DH is responding to the meds too. Maggie he has messed his lungs from smoking, and these frequent infections are unfortunately part of the results
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:53 AM   #655
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!




*gasp! You all had me scared there for a minute. I thought someone had canceled my trip while I was gone. LOL! Then I realized if someone had, there was no way you would know it before it did. Nope... trip is still on. I'm not worried. We ARE going to Thailand, but not to Bangkok. I think my statement that we won't be going to Bangkok is what started this rumor. But we never planned to go to Bangkok.

Maxine, I'm sorry you and DH and others were/are sick. Not fun at all! HUGS!!!

Darlene, oh my goodness... there is entirely too much stress in your life. Hang in there.

Kelly, sorry about the blisters. Hopefully your DD19's garden will be worth it!

Hi Kristie, Maggie, Lynn... and everybody else, too!!!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:34 AM   #656
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Aw, Darlene -- God is faithful and ever present ... I know he is already at hand working on your situation! You are so calm in the way you describe things - I do hope that you are able to find some solace in all the upheaval. The kids being home will work out, no doubt -- including the wee doggie. Hopefully you won't have to cage the birds .... sounds like he/she will need some little toys and lots of milkbones!

Welcome Home, Maggie - if you are home ♥

Maxine, bless your heart -- I'm sorry to hear about dh and hope for a recovery and you both get some much needed rest!

We are nearly done with dd's garden. It was her idea for about 2 months and it's been quite frustrating, but she's determined! South FLorida is not meant for digging - lol. Too much Coral Rock - the main reason why there are not basements here. Impossible to dig! She has a huge spaced dug up - ahem,, yours truly helped with about half - blisters to go with! I even had gloves on! Ouch Her bff came over today to give me a little break and get some cards done and helped her built and hammer the box ~ I think it's about 20' x 30'. We bought all the wood yesterday and dh went and found the right nails. Looks good so far but oh my, it was SO SO HOT!! Tomorrow we plant ♥

My son has his last week of school - YAY! Award ceremony is Wednesday followed by their water party - looking forward to that. Then my dd's finish next week but they have their huge chorus banquet on Sunday which is always fun, too.

I'm SO looking forward to Summer!

Hi Kristi and Nancy! Kristi, I am diggin' your Disney pages! Nancy, you sound like me with the Cabana - I have to walk away sometimes but today I got it back in order! I can't create when it's in such disarray - it's chaotic for my mind, lol!

Welcome home Barb if you are back -- Jeanette, woot - I'm sure you are up to your eyeballs in planning and trip work! How are you feeling Shelly and Lynn?

I hope I didn't miss anybody! I'm sleep deprived *grin* And have to be up in like ....4 hours! Off to bed for me

x0x0
LOL! Yes, I'm home. Got home late Sunday afternoon. It was a great weekend, and I felt so rejuvenated from the trip even though the 4 1/2 hour drive there and back was tiring.

After all the work, I hope the garden works out okay. It's great to have yummy home grown vegetables, especially tomatoes and cucumbers. What is your DD planning to plant in hers?

Plans for the summer? Do the kids have activities they do throughout the summer?
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:36 AM   #657
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi there

Darlene - what a week you have had - sl glad there are some positive outcomes for you all.

Kelly - I am so glad you will be able to slow down soon - for your sake

Lynn I hope your shoulder is on the mend - sounds nasty .

Kristie - glad to hear your hand is healing

Nancy - looking forward to seeing your new creations from you tidy craft area.

Shelly - Hope your aches and pains are gone now .

Jeanette - hope the preparations are going smoothly.

Barb - I trust your trip has gone/is going well.

Maggie - your weekend away sounds fabulous - looking forward to seeing the results

I am feeling much better - and thankfully DH is responding to the meds too. Maggie he has messed his lungs from smoking, and these frequent infections are unfortunately part of the results
Oh, so sorry about that. I hope that he has finally quit. I used to be a smoker, but quit back around 1980 and haven't touched another one since. Unfortunately, my dad passed from emphesyma (sp?) and asbestosis. He was a smoker also and he worked at Westinghouse on large turbines that they used to put asbestos covers on so a lot of the workers got asbestosis from working there and not being protected.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:37 AM   #658
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Ugh! We had rain most all day yesterday. It was hard until last night. I feel for those that had outside plans for the holiday. Me, I was inside after I ran my errands in the morning. Glad I did that. This morning it was downpouring again right before I had to leave for work, but it had slacked off by the time I hit the road so even though it was raining, it wasn't hard. We're supposed to have rain all week through Sunday. No walking at the mall for me this week and I'm glad I don't have anywhere to go in the evenings this week.

__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:40 AM   #659
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,969
Default

Maxine! Slow down - oh please send me the directions on how to do that! LOL! I'm afraid I don't know how!

Glad you are safe and sound and HOME, Mag! Ahem - MARGARET *grin* The kids actually have theater camp for a few weeks, and of course, we have a week of VBS and I'll be able to work on some upcoming missions retreat organization, etc. Other than that, I doubt we will do much -- including Disney, etc which we always do. Our annual passes expired and we haven't renewed them (yet) but I'm hopeful.

I'm actually about to renew my son's fishing license this week as he wants to hang out and fish - sounds good to me! My dh is working like 80 hours a week - waaaah! and I don't think he'll be able to do a lot with us this summer so beach, pool, fishing, chillin, enjoying the peace and quiet sounds good to me! ♥

HI Jeanette! I caught that about the trip and didn't say anything, lol - I just figured I read something wrong (again!) so I knew you'd let us in on your plans. I have good friends that have family in Venezuela and it's just pitiful to see all that madness going on.

Good morning, all! Heading to the classroom in 30 minutes -- came home to help dd get her soil unloaded from her truck - hopefully in what ... 30 to 40 days we get fresh veggies? LOL!!

Hugs!!
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:32 AM   #660
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,736
Default

Good Morning---yes, it is still morning for another hour here in SE Wisconsin! We had a long, but successful weekend as we are readying a relative's house to be put on the market and for an auction of many, many, many items in mid-August. Great weather and we even got some rain when we stopped at the grocery store a mile from our house last night on the way home. I am trying to catch up this morning and finally have gotten to SCS and can post my greetings and hopes you each had a wonderful weekend too!

I will spend some time in the stamp room this afternoon too..............
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:32 AM   #661
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,736
Default

Virtual Hugs and Big Smiles to all of you!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #662
Proud Fan Club Member
 
mcschmidty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 5,166
Default Hello!

Happy Tuesday- hoping everyone had a fab 3 day weekend!

Jeanette- Oh I misunderstood something- good your trip is still on! Cool : )
The Government is so corrupt - the country and city people are divided on the issue, but something needed to happen in Thailand!

Barb- I think getting ready for a sale- although ALOT of work- would be fun. My only issue would be if there is older stuff and it is musty- SOoooo bad for my allergies! Glad it was a productive weekend, and hope you got some stamping done this afternoon.... : )

Maxine- glad you are feeling better and that hubby is coming along with his breathing. It is getting nice here, and is so wild to think about you having such cold weather!

Maggie- so glad you had a fun time with the Copic class- and hope you got something done 'indoors' yesterday.

Kelley- loving the Snarky Riley sentiments. Glad you are having so much end of the year fun with the kids, then some time for summer, swimming and family! So cool DD is putting together such a huge garden- all by herself too...(well, not really- glad she is getting help ). You'll have to remember to tell us how it turns out in a month or so.

Darlene- glad you are patient! If I was in meetings and my cell was going off, I would have trouble keeping my patience. I have to say awesome that your friend could help you with alternatives to how to keep your birds safe with the dog (and the kids) in the home. Glad you had some time for creativity ...or for yourself...yesterday!

Kristie- glad the allergies are improving! I do the exact same thing with my cardstocks- I have them in a file in a Tupperware and when I use then, toss them on top- then have to spend time filing them later. I have a couple tubs of retired colors too- so try to at least put them on top of the correct Tupperware.

We had friends over yesterday for a cook-out. Ray was stressing over the patio table not being big enough, and sent me out to look for another. I did not like the ones he did (cheapo) and the ones I liked were too expensive -in my opinion.....so he was anxious, but it was humid, and then it rained at the time we were eating, so we ate inside at the kitchen table (God is good).

It only rained for ~ 5 minutes total and took some of the humidity out of the air. We had a blast with our friends- but then we watched the Blackhawks (hockey) game- too bad they lost....again. It did not deflate my mood though.

Allergies much improved- thanks for all of the well wishes. I am still in PT for my neck- still have tingling fingers...... : (

I am working an extra day tomorrow so I do not have to use my PTO for Memorial Day, then again on Thursday. After work on Thursday, heading to my sis' for a couple of graduations- 2 nephews (same family). For the weekend, we'll see if we heard to Ky or not- parents 59th Wedding Anniversary!

Waving hi to everyone!
Shelly
__________________
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
Visit My Instagram HERE DT for  Jan's Digital Stamps
mcschmidty is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #663
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

Checking in! We WERE watching the Spurs - but they're getting beat so bad we finally had to just turn it off. Oh well..............

Shelly, hope y'all have fun at the graduations this coming weekend and maybe get to see your parents too! Glad you're feeling better now.

Kelly, I'm LOVING the Riley sentiments! Too funny. In fact......I ordered a couple of things from Joanns one day last week when they're were having a good sale and got three of the sentiments. I'm thinking I need all of them now! LOL! You'll have to post a picture of the garden! Is it a raised bed type one?

Maxine, hope you and your husband are starting to get over all the crud. Know how frustrating all that is.

Nancy, how's the craft room coming? Of course you can always come do mine when you're finished with yours too! LOL!

Darlene, hope you were able to get in the craft room and just relax a bit after such a stressful week. Glad you found someplace for the birds too.

Jeanette, I must be losing it........I thought you'd said you weren't getting to take the trip! If you're going please stay safe!

Kristie, glad you're feeling better too and the hand is healing. Things like that really slow us down.

Barb, that sounds like what we call an Estate Sale down here. Yes, I'm sure it's a ton of work too. I've been to several Estate Sales and they're just sad to me when I think that everything used to belong to the people and now it's all being sold. I kid my daughter and tell her when I die, she'll probably just take all my things and throw them on the side of the road! LOL! She DOES have strict instructions though to find someone that can use all my card making things. LOL!

Maggie, so glad you made it back from Dallas ok. Sounds like your trip was good too. We got some much needed rain yesterday too. NICE!

Guess I'd better get ready to hit the bed around here. If I missed anyone....sorry! Getting sleepy!
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:27 AM   #664
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!




Today is the day! Today IS the day!!! I'm thinking positive - surely Barb won't let me down!!! Smoochy, I need you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Please, Barb!)


So good to read the chatting. I'm so busy right now that I only seem to make it to the threads in the morning, which means I have catch up here in the "Addicts" thread... cuz we chat more than some of the other threads.

Tee Hee! Shelly & Lynn, I think the confusion with my trip was because I said I wasn't going to Bangkok. Our destination in Thailand is Chiang Mai... never intended to go to Bangkok, which is good. Because if that had been our location, the meeting might have been canceled. I feel safe going to Chiang Mai. My parents, on the other hand, are VERY worried about me going.

Kelly, I think it's so fun that you and your DS go fishing. Me? Nope, not gonna happen. LOL! I used to go fishing with my dad until I got old enough that he said I would have to start putting the worm on the hook myself. EEEEeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!! Never went fishing again.

Waving at all the rest of you! And sending Virtual Hugs!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:55 AM   #666
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,736
Default

Lynn--it is an estate-auction sale. We just got the link to the auction website--I will post in a few days so you all can see what it looks like!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:57 AM   #667
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,736
Default

For the lady who asked nicely!

barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty and Forest Ranger like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:39 AM   #668
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... THANK YOU, Barb! I needed that today more than you could possibly know!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:51 AM   #669
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Maxine! Slow down - oh please send me the directions on how to do that! LOL! I'm afraid I don't know how!

Glad you are safe and sound and HOME, Mag! Ahem - MARGARET *grin* The kids actually have theater camp for a few weeks, and of course, we have a week of VBS and I'll be able to work on some upcoming missions retreat organization, etc. Other than that, I doubt we will do much -- including Disney, etc which we always do. Our annual passes expired and we haven't renewed them (yet) but I'm hopeful.

I'm actually about to renew my son's fishing license this week as he wants to hang out and fish - sounds good to me! My dh is working like 80 hours a week - waaaah! and I don't think he'll be able to do a lot with us this summer so beach, pool, fishing, chillin, enjoying the peace and quiet sounds good to me! ♥

HI Jeanette! I caught that about the trip and didn't say anything, lol - I just figured I read something wrong (again!) so I knew you'd let us in on your plans. I have good friends that have family in Venezuela and it's just pitiful to see all that madness going on.

Good morning, all! Heading to the classroom in 30 minutes -- came home to help dd get her soil unloaded from her truck - hopefully in what ... 30 to 40 days we get fresh veggies? LOL!!

Hugs!!
Sounds like a good Summer - busy, but not so hectic as when school is in.

Can't wait to see photos of the garden. Wish I lived closer so I could benefit from that.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:59 AM   #670
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Happy Tuesday- hoping everyone had a fab 3 day weekend!

Jeanette- Oh I misunderstood something- good your trip is still on! Cool : )
The Government is so corrupt - the country and city people are divided on the issue, but something needed to happen in Thailand!

Barb- I think getting ready for a sale- although ALOT of work- would be fun. My only issue would be if there is older stuff and it is musty- SOoooo bad for my allergies! Glad it was a productive weekend, and hope you got some stamping done this afternoon.... : )

Maxine- glad you are feeling better and that hubby is coming along with his breathing. It is getting nice here, and is so wild to think about you having such cold weather!

Maggie- so glad you had a fun time with the Copic class- and hope you got something done 'indoors' yesterday.

Kelley- loving the Snarky Riley sentiments. Glad you are having so much end of the year fun with the kids, then some time for summer, swimming and family! So cool DD is putting together such a huge garden- all by herself too...(well, not really- glad she is getting help ). You'll have to remember to tell us how it turns out in a month or so.

Darlene- glad you are patient! If I was in meetings and my cell was going off, I would have trouble keeping my patience. I have to say awesome that your friend could help you with alternatives to how to keep your birds safe with the dog (and the kids) in the home. Glad you had some time for creativity ...or for yourself...yesterday!

Kristie- glad the allergies are improving! I do the exact same thing with my cardstocks- I have them in a file in a Tupperware and when I use then, toss them on top- then have to spend time filing them later. I have a couple tubs of retired colors too- so try to at least put them on top of the correct Tupperware.

We had friends over yesterday for a cook-out. Ray was stressing over the patio table not being big enough, and sent me out to look for another. I did not like the ones he did (cheapo) and the ones I liked were too expensive -in my opinion.....so he was anxious, but it was humid, and then it rained at the time we were eating, so we ate inside at the kitchen table (God is good).

It only rained for ~ 5 minutes total and took some of the humidity out of the air. We had a blast with our friends- but then we watched the Blackhawks (hockey) game- too bad they lost....again. It did not deflate my mood though.

Allergies much improved- thanks for all of the well wishes. I am still in PT for my neck- still have tingling fingers...... : (

I am working an extra day tomorrow so I do not have to use my PTO for Memorial Day, then again on Thursday. After work on Thursday, heading to my sis' for a couple of graduations- 2 nephews (same family). For the weekend, we'll see if we heard to Ky or not- parents 59th Wedding Anniversary!

Waving hi to everyone!
Shelly
Where were you shopping for your outdoor furniture? Did you finally find something or did you give up for now? Glad you were still able to have fun with your friends.

Have fun at the graduations. Congrats to your parents on their 59th anniversary. That's great that they've been together so long.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:02 AM   #671
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!




Today is the day! Today IS the day!!! I'm thinking positive - surely Barb won't let me down!!! Smoochy, I need you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Please, Barb!)


So good to read the chatting. I'm so busy right now that I only seem to make it to the threads in the morning, which means I have catch up here in the "Addicts" thread... cuz we chat more than some of the other threads.

Tee Hee! Shelly & Lynn, I think the confusion with my trip was because I said I wasn't going to Bangkok. Our destination in Thailand is Chiang Mai... never intended to go to Bangkok, which is good. Because if that had been our location, the meeting might have been canceled. I feel safe going to Chiang Mai. My parents, on the other hand, are VERY worried about me going.

Kelly, I think it's so fun that you and your DS go fishing. Me? Nope, not gonna happen. LOL! I used to go fishing with my dad until I got old enough that he said I would have to start putting the worm on the hook myself. EEEEeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!! Never went fishing again.

Waving at all the rest of you! And sending Virtual Hugs!
I used to love going fishing with my dad. Lucky for me he would always put worms on and take fish off. I could bait my own hook if we were using squid because it was dead and didn't wiggle. I do miss those outings and would love to do it again.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:04 AM   #672
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

I'm home with a sore throat today. I felt it coming on yesterday afternoon but I'm glad that it didn't get as bad as it usually does feeling like my throat is being cut with slivers of glass. I just had some breakfast and now going to go gargle and have some sage tea.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:10 AM   #673
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

Maggie, I'm sorry you're sick. Being home is not a good thing when it's due to illness.

I sort of feel your pain. I've had a sore throat (runny nose, headache and eye pain, too) for a couple of days now - mine is due to allergies. This time of year does it every time. But this will pass in due time for me. Hopefully yours won't last long at all!!!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:21 PM   #674
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

Somewhat of a discussion of the week..............

Do y'all use digital papers much? I know it zaps the stuff for the printer but just wondering.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #675
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Maggie, I'm sorry you're sick. Being home is not a good thing when it's due to illness.

I sort of feel your pain. I've had a sore throat (runny nose, headache and eye pain, too) for a couple of days now - mine is due to allergies. This time of year does it every time. But this will pass in due time for me. Hopefully yours won't last long at all!!!
Thanks Jeanette. No, it isn't. I have a slight fever, but hopefully it will be over by tomorrow. I did go in my stamp room for a little bit and worked on a card.

Sorry that you've been sick also. Hope you feel better. I'm not sure what this is from.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:27 PM   #676
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Somewhat of a discussion of the week..............

Do y'all use digital papers much? I know it zaps the stuff for the printer but just wondering.
I've used them, but not a lot. I just get them when I don't have something else to use. So far it seems to be working out okay.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #677
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Not often because of the costs - and sometimes I find they turn out a different shade to what I have expected.
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:08 AM   #678
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,910
Default

Hello friends!

Hmmm, I'm trying to get a sore throat also...but I refuse, LOL. Not allowed. Hope Jeanette & Maggie don't have theirs for long.

Barb: would love to see pics of the Estate Sale, sounds like loads of work though.

Crazy weather here. On Monday it made me wish that the window AC's were in. It was hot and humid. Tuesday & Wednesday I actually turned the heat on for about 10 minutes. And last night it got down to 38 degrees!!! Sheesh.

Kristie: how's the hand? Sure hope that it's better by now.

Fishing: grew up fishing in WA state. My dad & uncles were such jokers! The first fish I caught, was told that I wouldn't be considered a REAL fisherman unless I bit the head off of the trout. They stopped me just in time, laughing like crazy! I was either 4 or 5 at the time. Then they gave me my first pocket knife (still have it too!) and showed me how to clean the fish. So my "ewwwww factor" was a bit higher than Jeanette's, LOL.
Also learned how to clean clams about the same age. It really was a great childhood, lots of outdoor fun.

Digital Papers: haven't tried them at all. Wondered whether the colors would really come through the way I expected. Plus, I don't know what type of paper to use, what would stand up to that much ink, you know what I mean? What type of papers do any of you use with the Digital Papers?

Off to the office grind now...So glad it's a short week, Thursday already! Woo hoo!
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:03 AM   #680
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!





My internet has been challenging; it doesn't seem to like SCS yesterday or today. I could go other places online but it kept freezing up when I'd try to come to SCS. The same thing this morning. UGH! Anybody else having problems - or is it just me?



OH MY! Eeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!! Darlene, there is NO WAY I could do that! EEK!!!

Lynn, nope, I don't use them.......... I have TONS of DP and have no need to print my own.

Maggie, sorry you're not feeling better. (Me either, in fact I'm much worse than I was. I hope mine is gone before my trip - I leave for my journey to Thailand 2 weeks from today!)

Maxine, how are things down in your part of the world today?

Barb, cute cow!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off