Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-25-2017, 05:37 AM   #6681
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-25-2017, 06:42 AM   #6682
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Darn it! I missed ice cream! Barb, ya didn't tell me ........ at least I got my Starbucks this am, so I'm halfway good

Between drop offs, picks ups, appointments, school(s), activities, scouts, and my house (ha! Any visitors NOW will be getting a surprise that my signature clean house looks like a typhoon hit!), I'm ready for summer. Like today.

I am feeling Maggie's pain on the lawn guy! I went to an appt with dd yesterday and came home and he moved over my daughter's/boyfriend's entire garden.
the. whole. thing. He said he forgot it was there - what part: The entire garden or the FENCE AROUND IT?!! ugh. She actually laughed it off and said it will grow back - between her classroom, internship, field hours and last semester, she said she hasn't had the dedication time for it. But still . I like taking her bunny out there and watching him hop around to his delight! And mine. And getting herbs and peppers and cucumbers and what not was pretty cool!

Waving to everyone and hope you are all well!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:11 AM   #6683
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I'm dashing through the threads quickly this morning... before heading to the kitchen to make some goodies for our guests to enjoy while they're here.

My DS and his GF arrive today... so you'll most likely not see me again until Tuesday!
Have a GREAT weekend!!!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mschoener likes this post.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:13 AM   #6684

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Darn it! I missed ice cream! Barb, ya didn't tell me ........ at least I got my Starbucks this am, so I'm halfway good

Between drop offs, picks ups, appointments, school(s), activities, scouts, and my house (ha! Any visitors NOW will be getting a surprise that my signature clean house looks like a typhoon hit!), I'm ready for summer. Like today.

I am feeling Maggie's pain on the lawn guy! I went to an appt with dd yesterday and came home and he moved over my daughter's/boyfriend's entire garden.
the. whole. thing. He said he forgot it was there - what part: The entire garden or the FENCE AROUND IT?!! ugh. She actually laughed it off and said it will grow back - between her classroom, internship, field hours and last semester, she said she hasn't had the dedication time for it. But still . I like taking her bunny out there and watching him hop around to his delight! And mine. And getting herbs and peppers and cucumbers and what not was pretty cool!

Kelly, I read this three times... thinking... what's this portable garden your DD has? Then it clicked... lawn guy.... garden... seriously? The guy MOWED over her entire garden? How tragic! I'd be devastated!!!

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:00 AM   #6685
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Friday!
I too am not sure how much I will be online this weekend,
so I wanted to post this wish today!
I hope it is Wonderful and Enjoyable Weekend!

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:00 AM   #6686
Pearl-ExPert

Popping in once again mainly to let everyone know I'm disappearing. For a while......forever.....no idea!

Trying to keep up with my blog and commenting and all that I found that I couldn't do it anymore. I was forcing myself to hurry up and get a card made so I'd at least have something on my blog for the week. I was making myself miserable and felt like my cards were showing that misery. Then trying to comment like I'd always done.....goodness! Not possible anymore.

As a result of that decision I feel better and am actually making some cards I really like now. No one sees them except me (or who they go to) but that's ok too. I figure it's about time I started pleasing myself a little and doing some other things I enjoy.

I'm not saying I won't pop in here ever so often but it probably will only be seldom. Love all you ladies dearly and wouldn't trade anything for our friendship.
mschoener, Kiwime and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:46 PM   #6687
Mad Swapper

Awww Lynn - I will miss you and your humour, but I can understand what you are saying. Be assured you will be welcomed with open arms no matter when you call in. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:31 AM   #6688
Gabfest Goddess

Hello ladies! Lynn, from my head to your Words! I think I should follow your example. I feel so guilty about not being active here or visiting everyone's blogs. Making cards only provides an escape if it's not a chore for me. If I sit down and have no idea where it will lead, if that makes any sense.

I think that I should back away and give someone else a chance to be a part of this wonderful group. You are all truly remarkable and your friendships have carried me through!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 05-28-2017, 04:32 AM   #6689
Gabfest Goddess

Maxine, how are you? I think of you so often each day and prayers continue.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #6690
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies.

Lynn-I am a bit sad to read your post, but I truly understand. Pop in whenever you can.

Darlene--no one is replacing you in my opinion. This is a nice thread to stop in when anyone can and say hello. I was one of the later joiners and it seemed to be a thread to showcase blog posts and cards. Now, I think it is a nice place to stop and chat as well as to see how everyone is doing.

To All-I sure hope my comments what this thread is about will not offend anyone. I too try to stop in to see your blogs when I can, though I am sure I too miss some wonderful cards. I too plan to stay as long as this thread is active, in whatever aspect of the word "active" is!

Virtual Hugs to All!
Old 05-28-2017, 02:12 PM   #6691
Mad Swapper

I am doing ok - most of the time, but things have come crashing the past couple of days ... family really can only do so much, and when things get messy I prefer to be alone - I don't do messy well in public!!

I have had a couple of card commissions over the past weeks and one in particular took me a good 8 hours - it was the equivalent of 4 cards in one!! Will blog it sometime.

I am looking at getting a 4 month old kitten - will be visiting him this afternoon to see if we like each other

Darlene and Lynn - just pop in when you can, and to hang with the blogging and card making if it does not bring you joy - you bring joy when you pop in here, and we would hate to miss out on that.

Hugs to you all from down under
Old 05-29-2017, 06:14 AM   #6692
Gabfest Goddess

Maxine, I'very heard several metaphors for the grieving process, as you have (or will) too. The best ones for me have the ebb & flow as the main point. Hang on to that right now when it's so strong. It will ebb, leaving you exhausted but that's the nature of it.
Eventually I am getting to a point where I can see it coming & remember that it will only last a while, then abate. And I am finding that the tidal waves are less frequent.

I pray that the same holds true for you.

I also do messy in private, which has proven difficult since my son & DIL live with me.

The best that I can also offer is to COMPLETELY IGNORE anyone who tells you anything bordering on where you are at in the grieving process vs how much time has gone by. They are blessed in their ignorance of deep loss and mean no harm. Where ever you are at, at any point in time, is EXACTLY right for you. Period.

Remember us when it's messy and fight the feelings of isolation. We are here for you.
{{Mentally Hugging You}}

The kitten sounds like such a good companion for you now! I hope it works out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
I am doing ok - most of the time, but things have come crashing the past couple of days ... family really can only do so much, and when things get messy I prefer to be alone - I don't do messy well in public!!

I have had a couple of card commissions over the past weeks and one in particular took me a good 8 hours - it was the equivalent of 4 cards in one!! Will blog it sometime.

I am looking at getting a 4 month old kitten - will be visiting him this afternoon to see if we like each other

Darlene and Lynn - just pop in when you can, and to hang with the blogging and card making if it does not bring you joy - you bring joy when you pop in here, and we would hate to miss out on that.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:20 AM   #6693
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

That is tragic Kelly. At least what he mowed here were weeds. Glad that your dd has a sense of humor about it.
Save
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 05-29-2017, 06:23 AM   #6694
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Popping in once again mainly to let everyone know I'm disappearing. For a while......forever.....no idea!

Trying to keep up with my blog and commenting and all that I found that I couldn't do it anymore. I was forcing myself to hurry up and get a card made so I'd at least have something on my blog for the week. I was making myself miserable and felt like my cards were showing that misery. Then trying to comment like I'd always done.....goodness! Not possible anymore.

As a result of that decision I feel better and am actually making some cards I really like now. No one sees them except me (or who they go to) but that's ok too. I figure it's about time I started pleasing myself a little and doing some other things I enjoy.

I'm not saying I won't pop in here ever so often but it probably will only be seldom. Love all you ladies dearly and wouldn't trade anything for our friendship.
Lynn, sorry to hear that you won't be around much and not blogging. I love going to your blog every week (or so ) to see what you've been up to. I hope you'll reconsider at some point and continue to let us see what you're doing. It doesn't have to be on a regular basis. You are right though; you have to be happy in what you are doing. That is the most important thing. Just know that I'm thinking of you and wish you the best.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:25 AM   #6695
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello ladies! Lynn, from my head to your Words! I think I should follow your example. I feel so guilty about not being active here or visiting everyone's blogs. Making cards only provides an escape if it's not a chore for me. If I sit down and have no idea where it will lead, if that makes any sense.

I think that I should back away and give someone else a chance to be a part of this wonderful group. You are all truly remarkable and your friendships have carried me through!
Sorry to hear this Darlene. Do you realize that no one else is going to take your place. I do hope that you you continue to pop in when you can.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:25 AM   #6696
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Maggie, how are you?

I agree with you, what a complete fool to mow over a fenced garden!! I am not sure I could laugh it off. Good grief!

Old 05-29-2017, 06:28 AM   #6697
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Sorry to hear this Darlene. Do you realize that no one else is going to take your place. I do hope that you you continue to pop in when you can.
Sweet Maggie, you are a gift! I will stay if not being active with blogging isn't bothering any of you. Who knows, maybe this summer that will come back too.

mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:29 AM   #6698
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post

Sorry that you've had some trying times lately Maxine. That I guess is to be expected. You have to take some time to grieve. You can't be all happy faced all the time even for family.

Wow! That sounds like some card. Can't wait to see it.

Oh, a kitten - I hope you guys like each other. Certainly don't want one like my little Terror Petunia~ Although I am trying to teach her to let me pet her a little bit. If I distract her with one hand, I can pet her a few times with the other for a bit. I just want her to get used to my touching her.

Save
Old 05-29-2017, 06:35 AM   #6699
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Sweet Maggie, you are a gift! I will stay if not being active with blogging isn't bothering any of you. Who knows, maybe this summer that will come back too.
Doesn't bother me a bit. I try to get around to everyone's blog on Sundays, but sometimes life gets in the way and it doesn't happen, (like yesterday) not because I don't want to, but something else draws me away.

This online course I"m taking is really very time consuming with all the reading and writing reports and research. I submitted my Census Report paper on Saturday and waiting now for my grade. I think I did pretty well, but one never knows. My next report is not due until June 18, but it's going to take some work. I have to go to a Genealogical Repository and look at an original manuscript; figure out a question pertaining to it, and then research it out to answer the question and write a report. GAds!
Save
Old 05-29-2017, 06:45 AM   #6700
Gabfest Goddess

Sounds like a LOT of work, Maggie! You certainly are dedicated.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:09 AM   #6701
Quacker Stamper

I had a little bit of excitement on Friday. While I was out doing my walking at lunchtime, my sister and my daughter were trying to reach me. My house alarm went off and the security alarm people were calling them because they could not get in touch with me. Well, they only called my home and of course I wasn't there. They never called my cell phone which when I called them, they swore they did, but I not no missed call on my cell phone from them. Luckily, I returned one of my sis's phone calls and found out what happened. My niece's husband was at my house. He's the one who usually takes care of it when I'm gone, but he didn't have the code or the password with him and of course didn't remember what it was. I was able to tell my sister and she passed it on to him, so that the security alarm people would cancel the police dispatch to my house.

I was really annoyed with the security people and need to write a letter to them to let them know of what happened and make sure we are all on the same page as to who gets called when. They have always called my cell phone number first in the past. And when I called them and got their automated message service, I got put on hold!!!!!! I want to talk to a real person.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:10 AM   #6702
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Sounds like a LOT of work, Maggie! You certainly are dedicated.
It is a lot of work Darlene, but hopefully will turn into a job after I retire next year.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:12 AM   #6703
Quacker Stamper

Yesterday was HS graduation party for my DGS and Great Nephew. He is the last of my grands to graduate HS, so now I have 3 grands in college. It was a nice time - lots of food and family and friends. I made my fresh broccoli salad to take and it was just about gone when we were packing up. My DD mentioned how good it was and I asked her if she wanted the leftovers. Of course she did, so she took it in the bowl I had brought since there wasn't any containers to transfer it to. The cousin of the dad of my great nephew loved it and wanted the recipe, so I got that sent off to my niece this morning so she could send it to her.

Here are a couple of photos from yesterday. One with my grandson. He's the tall blond one and the other is my great nephew.

Attached Thumbnails [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/blogging-groups-f290/327568d1496066398t-2017-christian-grad.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/blogging-groups-f290/327569d1496066423t-2017-josh-me.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-29-2017, 07:24 AM   #6704
Gabfest Goddess

Great pics Maggie! Sounds like a wonderful day of celebrating the milestone!

Old 05-29-2017, 07:30 AM   #6705
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Great pics Maggie! Sounds like a wonderful day of celebrating the milestone!
It was a nice time. Funny thing is that a lady friend of my sister's was there and as I was sitting chatting with my sis and other family at one table, she and her DH were sitting at the next table over about 5 feet away from me. She called to me and asked if I remembered her and told me her name. I knew her name, but for the life of my had no recollection of her at all although I kind of tried to cover that and acted like I did. Turns out I think she was in the GS's with my sis and was one of the leaders to my nieces. I did go over and sit at her table later and chat with her and her DH. They were very nice, but I certainly wouldn't have picked her out in a crowd.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:10 AM   #6706

Awwwww... I leave for four days (at home but busy with company) and come back to such sadness.

Lynn, please know we love YOU! It's not the cards, the blog posts, etc... it's you! So pop in and chat even if you don't want to show us (and the world) what you're working on.

Maxine, my heart is heavy as I read your posts. The messy days/moments are such a challenge... and no one can really help you through them. We can love you from afar and pray for you... including praying that those close to you geographically will know exactly when you need them to be present but also that they will know when you need some isolation. (((HUGS)))

Darlene, your words to Maxine brought tears to my eyes. Such wisdom, born from great heartache. Love you so much and hurt for you!

Maggie, I love the photos! Congrats to the graduate!

Barb, thank you for your words of encouragement... no offense taken. (Now... if you don't bring Smoochy here tomorrow... THEN I just might be offended.)

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn, mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:46 AM   #6707
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! I hope you had a great weekend--we sure did! We had good weather all weekend so a lot of time was spent outside. All of our flower pots and baskets--a total of 41!!!-are now out of the greenhouse, on the deck, hanging on the railing, sitting by the steps and garage, etc. It is so great to look out and see color--mainly purple and yellow. This week will be a busy week to get ready for a two week vacation in Washington State as we leave early Saturday morning. Rebecca has a conference in Seattle for 4 days and then we head to Bainbridge Island, across the sound, for four nights to visit a former pastor. Then, back to Seattle, renting a car and head south to Long Beach, WA to stay in a B&B for two nights. Then, back home on Friday, the 16th, ready for a stamping day at Camp Stamp-in-Oga. Yes, a whirlwind of three weeks coming my way!
Old 05-30-2017, 05:51 AM   #6708
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning (or good evening to Maxine) everyone. Another chilly & rainy day here. I refuse to turn the heat back on, opting for sweaters, etc.A fairly productive weekend for me:
1. Made a few new cards (working ahead for my Mom's Birthday and Father's Day in June)
2. Got about half of my large perennial garden trimmed & weeded. Have hired a crew to come to finish what I can't get done myself and spread new bark mulch. Waiting for dry days so they can come. I have a LOT of bug bites...
3. Cooked ahead for the week so it will be easier at night.
4. Decided to take the plunge and replace the decking boards (wood) with composite. Ordered materials & they should be delivered today.
5. Also have someone coming today to replace my dryer hose and clean it all out.

Not too shabby!

Old 05-30-2017, 05:52 AM   #6709
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies! I hope you had a great weekend--we sure did! We had good weather all weekend so a lot of time was spent outside. All of our flower pots and baskets--a total of 41!!!-are now out of the greenhouse, on the deck, hanging on the railing, sitting by the steps and garage, etc. It is so great to look out and see color--mainly purple and yellow. This week will be a busy week to get ready for a two week vacation in Washington State as we leave early Saturday morning. Rebecca has a conference in Seattle for 4 days and then we head to Bainbridge Island, across the sound, for four nights to visit a former pastor. Then, back to Seattle, renting a car and head south to Long Beach, WA to stay in a B&B for two nights. Then, back home on Friday, the 16th, ready for a stamping day at Camp Stamp-in-Oga. Yes, a whirlwind of three weeks coming my way!
Insanely fun!!

Old 05-30-2017, 05:57 AM   #6710
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maggie--that is quite a story about your alarm. And, you are quite busy with your class. Great graduation pictures too! We have two great-nephews graduating high school this year, but will not be home for either party. Dang!

Maxine--still thinking of you often and sending you hugs!

Lynn--I do hope you stop in once in awhile.

Darlene--it sounds like you had a productive weekend and are making some needed improvements to your house. We are debating what to do with our deck. We had a guy come and give us an estimate for sanding and sealing the wood again. We would love to do a composite one but it would be way too expensive, even with Menards materials!
Old 05-30-2017, 06:03 AM   #6711
Gabfest Goddess

Barb, it is really $$ - but my deck is only 16'x12' - 26 16 ft boards, plus railings so I considered it...thought & thought...eventually I took the plunge. Hoping that I can benefit from no more staining, etc. and adding to resale value in a couple of years.

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:05 AM   #6712
SCS RAK Coordinator

Exactly--resale value is important too!

Quote:

Barb, it is really $$ - but my deck is only 16'x12' - 26 16 ft boards, plus railings so I considered it...thought & thought...eventually I took the plunge. Hoping that I can benefit from no more staining, etc. and adding to resale value in a couple of years.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:04 AM   #6713
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, dears! Well darn - just when I'm about to have the summer off and free time, you are all leaving me! I guess I could just hang out and talk to myself - I do that a lot anyway, LOL!

Happy post Memorial day! We spent hours at the cemetery putting over 1,000 flags for the veterans. Some of them were from WW1, Korean War, etc. A somber moment - but coming from a military family and being the sister of an active duty Army officer - it was existentially moving. We learned later that it was a record breaking 98* and they were there - for hours.

Maxine - your new fur baby is a gem! I hope you enjoy the process of naming said kitty ♥ I think that is one of the sweetest companions. Maggie would agree!

Lynn - my friend - no goodbyes, just see ya here and there! I understand that it's hard to juggle but hope you find your happiness and serenity in the quiet. I'm a regular at your blog - so you will always have at least one reader, tee hee!

To all - hi, hello! Love ya!

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 05-30-2017 at 08:08 AM..
Old 05-30-2017, 08:55 AM   #6714

LOL! It's Dumbo the Dog.

Hi Kelly!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-31-2017, 03:44 AM   #6715

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-31-2017, 05:52 AM   #6716
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Wednesday!

Old 05-31-2017, 06:09 AM   #6717

SMOOCHY!!! I {heart} Smoochy! Thanks Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-31-2017, 07:30 AM   #6718
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Wednesday!

Maxine - does kitty have a name yet? I bet you are loving the new fur baby already ♥

Taking dd to a specialist this afternoon - 3rd one! Let's hope THIS is THE ONE!
*fingers crossed, prayers said!*

Have a great day, friends!
barbaralynn, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:35 PM   #6719
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Hi everyone!

Midweek check in- I read back on the thread- and I swore I had stopped in and posted, but my post is not there! must have gone poof and I did not catch it.

What a weekend! We spent Sunday at a Birthday party (1 1/2 hrs away) for my nephews boy- he turned 2. He is just adorable and is the light of my sis' eye, and my mother as well!

After dinner, we headed to Chicago and went to a Neil Diamond concert. That was a gift from hubby for Christmas. He heard on the radio any woman would love it, so he got it. Great seats too. It was fun.

Next AM, headed to Abe Lincoln. It is a National cemetery and about an hour away. The ceremony was 2 hours long- did not have a clue it was that long. But, it was just beautiful! There were volunteers that put flags out on the 40 something thousand grave sites- it looked amazing.

The family that sat in front of us had on tee shirts that had ' Freedom isn't Free' on the back- I asked them where they got them- their son was killed in Afghanistan in 2014- friendly fire..... Their town had a big rally and made the shirts. One of the speakers was talking about how that one brave person, that amazing brave person always steps up He told a story about a convoy in Iraq where the first vehicle hit an IED, then a guy from the 2nd jeep jumped out and saved the men in jeep one- which had turned upside down. The brave soldier was shot in the leg and stilled worked to free the men in the 1st jeep and later was killed in a gun fight later (that same day). The soldier that was speaking was one of the people in jeep #1. (chills ran down my spine). Amazing! He was mid 30's I am guessing.

Looks like a busy weekend was had by all!

Maxine- please post a pic of the kitty if that works out and let us know its name! And, wow- I want to see your all day card! Big Hugs and continued prayers!

Lynn- I do hope you will pop in when you can- will sure miss you around here : )

Barb- have a fab trip! I am with Kelly- it is going to be quiet around here!

Jeanette- glad your weekend with family was great!

Maggie- glad you got the code to the alarm people before the cops/firetrucks and all came out! Congrats on all of the graduations!

Darlene- wow- you really got alot done! Way to go!!! I bet you will really enjoy having meals made in advance too!

Kelly- so awesome of your son and the boys to brave the heat to put out all of the flags!

Off to bed- I have stayed up too late again! LOL

Shelly
Old 06-01-2017, 01:39 AM   #6720
Mad Swapper

Hi there - the four day card will be up soon, but I have just put a couple of pictures of Tinker up on the blog, and I will try and get one here - he really is a little tinker at times. Unfortunately he has not been well socialised so is very timid around others as yet - ok with me now, but it took over 24 hours before he would let me pick him up - he loves being rubbed, but not cuddled - yet!