Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-06-2017, 05:11 AM   #6601
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Maxine, my heartfelt prayers and love go out to you. My heart hurts for you. I pray that God's comfort and mercy is with you during this time. Love you
DT:  The Project Bin
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-06-2017, 07:52 AM   #6602
Quacker Stamper

Oh so very sorry Maxine. My heart goes out to you with hugs and prayers at this difficult time. I know how much you will miss him, but he in a much better place welcomed back to his Heavenly home and finally out of all the pain and discomfort he has been suffering from for so long. It is good to know that you will be together again one day and he will welcome you with open arms at that time.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 05-06-2017, 12:54 PM   #6603
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
He's still here - but only just.... talk about stubborn..... or is that just strong willed???
I'm sure he just didn't want to leave you.
Save
Old 05-06-2017, 12:55 PM   #6604
Quacker Stamper

I had a busy week both at work (for a change) and at home.

I only got to walk on Tuesday. Monday was my regular chiro appointment. Wednesday was WW and we also learned that my boss's SIL passed away. She was also the wife of my primary care doctor. The 2 men are brothers. It's been a really hard time on the family. She was much loved by them all. I have only gotten to meet her twice at their home. She was 85 and in very bad health. She had a near death experience about 5 years ago and her DH brought her back. She was mostly bedridden and he did everything for her. They were married over 60 years.

Thursday I had lunch with a GF that I used to work with.

Last night I had a GF over. She used to live here, but moved to Arkansas a number of years ago. She still has some children who live here and the DD that does, is having some severe health issues. She came to help her out for 2 months. They are waiting for a new medicine that has just been approved which is the only medicine for this condition that there is and it is way expensive. Hopefully the insurance company will approve it since there isn't anything else. She brought dinner for us and we just sat and ate and talked and talked. I hate that she's so far away, but glad that she comes back every so often.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:56 PM   #6605
Quacker Stamper

Friday I had an ENT appointment. About a month ago I started getting this flaky stuff in my left ear. I could scratch it out, but then it would come back again. I was putting off going to see about it because I didn't know which doctor to go to about it. Then on Tuesday when I woke up my right ear was all congested and I couldn't hear out of it. I called an made an appointment. By Friday that was doing better. I started taking my Zyrtec also in the morning and that cleared up. I figured it was just allergies, but it did get me in there to see about the left ear. While I was there they did the whole hearing test thing which I haven't had done since I was a kid. I didn't know that they were going to do that though, but I'm glad they did. I do have a slight hearing loss in both ears which we figure is just from aging. It sure is heck getting old. Anyway he said that I have eczema in my ear!!!! Who gets eczema in their ear??? Very weird. He prescribed a cream to use. Just put a little on a Q-tip twice a day for 10 days and see if that works to get rid of it.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:56 PM   #6606
Quacker Stamper

Went to the grocery store this morning. I was out of a lot of stuff.

I went a did a little work outside. I'm trying to decide about this yard guy. I think I may tell him that I"m going to cut him back to $30 a month since he doesn't seem to be taking very good care of my flower beds with keeping them weeded. I'm thinking that I'll go out and weed the back ones. There are a few milkweed coming up in 2 different places, so I want to dig them up and put them in the milkweed patch. I also need to turn my sprinkler system back on soon. I've had it turned off for a few months now since we've been getting so much rain. I also want to put some some of that black sheeting that will keep the weeds from coming up before I plant anything. I tried calling the yard guy today to find out when he would be available to plant, but no answer.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:26 PM   #6607
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, I"m so sorry to read this. You have your family with you and hope that comforts you. Hugs
Old 05-08-2017, 06:33 AM   #6608
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

I am just getting to this thread now to see the news from Maxine. So sorry to hear. Big hugs and many prayers are heading your way!
Old 05-08-2017, 06:34 AM   #6609
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy Monday and Good Morning. We had a busy weekend. We went out to dinner at one of our favorite places Friday night, called Wine Maniacs. Saturday morning we went on a hike at the state park early in the morning and then at 10:00, we did the cancer walk with 7 friends. We all went out for lunch and then roomie and I headed to Illinois to help family with moving many items from a basement and garage to a dumpster, with a few items saved to the house next door. Yes, they own both houses, with one not lived in for many years, but still full of stuff! We are trying to get it empty so it can be sold--probably a total gut for the buyer! We worked for a few hours yesterday morning and headed home around 1. I was able to cut the grass when we got home and we had another night of a hard freeze over night. I am glad our trays of plants are safe in the greenhouse!

I am off to stamp class this morning and then a run to Costco. I hope you too have a great day!

Last edited by barbaralynn; 05-08-2017 at 06:49 AM..
mschoener likes this post.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:38 PM   #6610
Quacker Stamper

You sure had a busy weekend Barb. Are you finding anything worth salvaging in that house that you are helping to clean out?

Busy day at work today. I had to cancel my chiro appointment. We had a pair of siblings coming at 10 to sign their estate documents. They called to say they would be there between 10 and 11. My appt is at 11 and I usually leave about 11:10. I knew that I wouldn't make it so I rescheduled for next Monday. As it turned out I had to call them at 11:15 to see where they were. He told me they would be there by 11:30 and actually got to our office about 11:40 or so. He told the receptionist when they were waiting that they were late because they forgot!!!!!! Do you think that they apologized to any of us for that lapse in memory? Of course not. They are both a couple of flakes.

My boss said his brother is having a really hard time with the lose of his DW. I can only imagine.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:55 PM   #6611
SCS RAK Coordinator

they rented the largest dumpster and it was full by early Sunday morning. We started a "free" pile of some things along side the road and a number of people stopped to check it out. The dad is/was a woodworker and has lots and lots of wood, along with other tools and accessories. And every Woodworker magazine since mid 60's! and much more.........................
Old 05-09-2017, 05:51 AM   #6612
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Tuesday. I have no plans today, other than spending the entire day in my stamp room! Yay for me! I too hope you have a Terrific Tuesday!
Old 05-09-2017, 01:33 PM   #6613
Mad Swapper

I am hanging out to get back into the studio, but I have family staying, the lounge looks like a florist shop and there seems to be endless details to be seen to - and a haircut for me today....
Old 05-09-2017, 02:28 PM   #6614
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I am hanging out to get back into the studio, but I have family staying, the lounge looks like a florist shop and there seems to be endless details to be seen to - and a haircut for me today....
Hugs and prayers Maxine. I'm sure there will be many things that have to be done in the coming days. When will you be having the service for you DH?
Old 05-09-2017, 05:45 PM   #6615
Mad Swapper

The service is on Friday afternoon... that will be challenging
Old 05-09-2017, 06:52 PM   #6616
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maxine--continued prayers to all of you.......................
Old 05-09-2017, 07:30 PM   #6617
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I'm sure it will be Maxine. I hope that you can feel all the love and hugs and prayers that are being sent your way as you travel through this tragic time because you are going "through" it, you won't let it stop you from moving forward. I know it will take time to process and grieve.
Save
Old 05-10-2017, 05:39 AM   #6618
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Hump Day Wednesday! I hope you have a Wonderful and Delightful Day!
Old 05-10-2017, 06:48 AM   #6619
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hugs and many prayers for Maxine - my heart is with you.

It's been whirlwind busy here - from appointments to mishaps to just too many irons in the fire ........ I won't bore you with details so I'll just send my love to all ♥
Old 05-10-2017, 08:16 AM   #6620
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Maxine, please know that we will be lifting you up in prayers often that day (which I guess for us will be Thursday, since we're so many hours behind???)
The closest that I think I ever got to an actual panic attack was before Amanda's funeral. It was strange, I didn't know for sure what was happening...But I got through it. Lean on others, literally and figuratively. That's how they can help, and they want to help.

May His peace and strength be yours.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:20 AM   #6621
Gabfest Goddess

Morning friends. feeling pretty proud of myself. I picked back up a card that I was trying to make in 2015 for my sister's birthday. I got only a little done, it was using new dies & stamps to make flowers, varnish with this paint, etc. to make the flowers.I set it aside, thinking that I'd tackle it the following weekend...BAM! Life had other plans.
So I dug it all out last weekend, watched You Tube tutorials to remember how to do it & actually finished it. Now here's the important part: I ACTUALLY MAILED IT LOL
I wrote to her that it's either 2 yrs late or 1 month early hahahaha

Also mailed my Mom her M'S Day card too. They won't believe they're from me since they aren't late!

Old 05-11-2017, 05:35 AM   #6622
SCS RAK Coordinator

Darlene--did you take a picture of the card you made for your sister?
Old 05-11-2017, 05:35 AM   #6623
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Thursday! Yesterday was a good day in the stamp room, as I finished up one swap, made a challenge card and started on another swap. Jasper is to go home tonight so it will be a bit calmer around here, even though he is a great dog! I hope you too have a terrific day!
Old 05-11-2017, 06:21 AM   #6624
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts...

Maxine, you're in my prayers! Please take care of yourself and do what you need to do. If sneaking away to your happy spot (studio) for a little while is the therapy you need, your family/loved ones will understand. We all grieve differently... but my experience is we need to allow ourselves to grieve our own way. (((HUGE HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 05-12-2017, 05:01 AM   #6625

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

How's everybody doing today? Any plans? I need to work on some things here at the house (I'm still trying to catch up on things after being gone for a few days)... and we have a repairman coming (I hope) to look at our ice maker. (Have I ever mentioned how much I hate ice cube trays and how thankful I am for the person who invented the ice maker?!?!?)

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-12-2017, 07:21 AM   #6626
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Friday and Happy Mother's Day Weekend! Roomie just headed out of town for the weekend to attend the retirement party for her best friend in NW Wisconsin. I did not go as I have a quilt class tomorrow that I had signed up for a few months ago. I did take a beginning quilt last spring but I have not stitched one thing so I need to jump start or a kick in my butt! So--I really, really wanted to take this class. It was actually canceled at the sewing store as I was the only one signed up for this specific quilt, so the instructor graciously is allowing me to come to her home tomorrow morning for a private class to make the quilt. It is a lap quilt, so pretty small and all of the parts are cut with the AccuCut, so that part will go quick. I am excited as I have a few other projects I have purchased in the past year that I want to do. I have hostess club today--fun stamping!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:57 AM   #6627
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

My prayers are still with Maxine and know that you are thought of, all the way from Miami. I've been thinking of you and praying diligently.

Darlene - I second that, did you photograph your years long card? It sounds beautiful and from the heart!

I won't be back until Monday - too much going on here and too many places to be. we've been at appointments galore and school functions are wrapping up and then there is boy scouts and vbs training this upcoming week ... and PROM. Then graduation! Yikes.

So let me wish you all an early but heartfelt wish to all the mommies and grandmas and aunties, etc ........

Happy Mother's Day ♥

mschoener and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:25 AM   #6628
Mad Swapper

I'm back - still alive after a rough few days - the weather was atrocious yesterday, wind and heavy rain as the remnants of an ex-tropical cyclone gave us a wash!! Some said it was appropriate for an (ex) plumber!! It was so bad we had the committal at the end of the church service, and the internment was brief and we were all huddling under umbrellas, some of which got turned inside out! But it was a good day in some ways with 150 at the service - that is a big service for here!

Glad to see that you have all behaved while I have been away, and kept yourselves busy and out of mischief

Hugs from Down Under
mcschmidty, mschoener and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:34 AM   #6629

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts.

Maxine, it is so good to see a post from you. I love the "down under" gal in our group! And am praying for you! I am glad to hear that so many came to the service. (Not surprised, since I know you and your DH have to be well-loved.) Take care. (((HUGS)))

Kelly, your Mother's Day graphic is pretty! I hope your weekend (and Mother's Day) include some spoiling from that clan of yours!

Barb, enjoy your quilt class. We'll look forward to pictures.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-13-2017, 05:19 AM   #6630
Gabfest Goddess

Morning everyone.

Maxine, I had to have a little smile when reading about the plumbing connection and the weather during Hubby's service. Daily prayers continue, as Jeanette and others have said, you are well loved here (and elsewhere I am sure!)

Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:25 AM   #6631
Gabfest Goddess

Unfortunately I did not take any pics of the cards. Hmmm, maybe I'll just have to make another one or two. They are time consuming (making the flowers) but they turn out SO NICE (in my opinion) that it's satisfying.

Old 05-13-2017, 05:30 AM   #6632
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I too am happy to see such a sweet post from Maxine. I sure have been thinking about you and your entire family these past days. Quick story--when my dad was being laid to rest at the cemetery, we heard a motor that sounded like a chainsaw. My dad was not too handy at times and had a couple of "incidents" with his chainsaw-a few stitches and more stitches. Our family giggled a bit at it however we realized it was someone making a hole in the ice for fishing. But we all knew it sounds just like a chainsaw!

I am off to quilt class in a bit and I know I will have fun!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:56 PM   #6633
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Maxine- you have been in prayers- and I will continue same. I hope you are getting rest : )

I have sad news- my Uncle died today- I have mentioned him in the past, he had leukemia. He was my favorite Uncle : ) I have not told my mother yet- may not tell her until the day we are leaving for the wake. It is about 3 1/2 hours, and we will be overnight one night.

She is going in and out of talking about her childhood in the middle of a current story. Telling me we grew up in her home town and making stories go from current to old and back. I am not sure if that is progression of dementia or not..... Anyway......

We will host my brother and SIL, and my sister Annie and her crew tomorrow- we will be 11 or 12. we were going to do a brunch, but at $50.00 a pop, when sis' crew decided to come- cost was ridiculous not to just buy food and do it here......

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all of you!

I sure hope things calm down to where I am popping in more regularly! Whew!!!

Shelly
Old 05-14-2017, 08:47 AM   #6634
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I'm back - still alive after a rough few days - the weather was atrocious yesterday, wind and heavy rain as the remnants of an ex-tropical cyclone gave us a wash!! Some said it was appropriate for an (ex) plumber!! It was so bad we had the committal at the end of the church service, and the internment was brief and we were all huddling under umbrellas, some of which got turned inside out! But it was a good day in some ways with 150 at the service - that is a big service for here!

Glad to see that you have all behaved while I have been away, and kept yourselves busy and out of mischief

Hugs from Down Under
How heartwarming for you and your family that so many came to pay their respects and express their sympathy to you. Sorry about the terrible weather, but you were all kept safe.

Hugs and prayers.
Save
Old 05-14-2017, 08:52 AM   #6635
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Maxine- you have been in prayers- and I will continue same. I hope you are getting rest : )

I have sad news- my Uncle died today- I have mentioned him in the past, he had leukemia. He was my favorite Uncle : ) I have not told my mother yet- may not tell her until the day we are leaving for the wake. It is about 3 1/2 hours, and we will be overnight one night.

She is going in and out of talking about her childhood in the middle of a current story. Telling me we grew up in her home town and making stories go from current to old and back. I am not sure if that is progression of dementia or not..... Anyway......

We will host my brother and SIL, and my sister Annie and her crew tomorrow- we will be 11 or 12. we were going to do a brunch, but at $50.00 a pop, when sis' crew decided to come- cost was ridiculous not to just buy food and do it here......

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all of you!

I sure hope things calm down to where I am popping in more regularly! Whew!!!

Shelly
So very sorry or the loss of your favorite uncle Shelly. My sincere condolences to all of your family.

Sorry too about the progression of your mother's illness. Dimentia patients do live more in the past than in the present, so she will be remembering things that happened more long ago than remembering something that just happened. I'm sure you do your best to keep her going.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:53 AM   #6636
Quacker Stamper

Happy Mother's Day to all of you.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:53 AM   #6637
Quacker Stamper

I had a really busy day yesterday and I'm paying for it. Started out at 9 at my church to help clean. We don't have a cleaning service come in every week. Instead some of the members go every Saturday morning and do that. I ended up cleaning the kitchen and then all the glass windows in the 2 foyers inside and outside. That is 4 doors (double) and 5 single windows about 7' feet tall. I could just reach the tops of the windows.

After I got home I worked out in the backyard weeding out the flower beds that the yard man is supposed to do. I wanted to put some of that black sheeting down before I plant, but I didn't get that far. I am sore from shoulders down to feet.

I also had my repair guy back again to install the new faucet and the florescent light fixtures in my workroom in the garage. He and his helper got there about 12:30 (late) and were there until 6:30 getting that faucet installed. There were a few hiccups. He had to go to the store 2x to get a part. Not sure why it wasn't all in the box, but there was one that was a male coupling instead of a female. Beats me. Just glad that it's all done and working. He also brought his air compressor and used it on my water filter tank. The pressure had gotten very low and I wasn't getting much water out of the tank. Now it's back to normal. He is still working on my table leaf. The color that says it's dark walnut isn't so he's going to get something hopefully darker to match the original a little better.

Church today and then going over to my DD's house for dinner. The grands are doing the cooking. I did hear from my other DD in Calif last night. She called and we had a nice chat. I'm blessed.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:21 AM   #6638

Good Morning Stamp Addicts!

Darlene, yes, I think you should make more cards... just because it's fun.

Barb, I hope you enjoyed quilt class and had a great weekend, too!

Shelly, I am so sorry for your family's loss. (((Hugs)))

Maggie, I think I'd be totally exhausted after all you did. I hope you rested well last night!

Maxine... sending lots of extra hugs to you!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:56 AM   #6639
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies. I hope you had a great weekend and a wonderful Mother's Day. My weekend was good too. The quilt class was very nice and I finished all of the strips for the lap quilt. Now I just need to sew them together in the next few days. I will then head back to the quilt studio for help with the border. I think/know I will visit Kristi's studio in the future as she has an open sewing time every other Tuesday for five hours. She has a perfect place for her studio as she bought a foreclosed child care building a couple of years ago. She has a large classroom, big room for a retail area, a full kitchen, 3 bathrooms and a another room with her own projects and her long arm machine. Plus, there are two more rooms she is turning into bedrooms to be able to host retreats.

I spent most of the day yesterday outside as it was a beautiful weather day! And, we are to have sunshine and warm temps for the rest of the week too! I hope you have a Marvelous Monday!!
Old 05-15-2017, 06:24 AM   #6640

Hi Barb... sounds like you had a great weekend!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.