Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-20-2017, 04:16 AM   #6521
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
That sounds wonderful Maggie

We are hoping to get home tomorrow, but DH has developed a chest infection.... we will have to wait and see if we get anywhere.

I am a bit blue tonight so won't stay here and infect you wonderful ladies

Sending love from down under
Maxine, I'm so sorry that DH has had a slight set back. I hope that they can get the infection under control. Sending big HUGS!
Save
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-20-2017, 04:31 AM   #6522
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maxine, please don't feel you need to duck and hide when you're blue. We are here for you... embracing you in a great big (((GROUP HUG)))... because that's what friends do for each other. I'm praying for you and your DH.

Maggie, you can have my share of all the eggs... unless they are in a cookie. Then I want to eat my own share. (I'm glad the kitties found somewhere else to play.)

Shelly, those "canvases" look fabulous. What a fun project! (I can see doing a similar craft project with children at Bible School, etc.) I will pray your procedure goes well!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mschoener likes this post.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:51 AM   #6523
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Shelly--those canvas projects look wonderful. I think doing a tree for each of the four seasons would be sweet!

Maxine--stop in when you can, whatever color you are!

Maggie--I hope your gardens are doing well.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:51 AM   #6524
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I am home all day today and I have a swap to organize and sort so I hope then to get them postal today too! We had a storm roll through overnight so I am not able to cut the grass today--first time and that is OK with me! I hope you have a productive day. I probably will not be online tomorrow as I am heading out early to get to the show by 8:00--so I hope you have a Fantastic Friday too!
Old 04-21-2017, 04:38 AM   #6525

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-22-2017, 04:41 AM   #6526

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-22-2017, 07:29 AM   #6527
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Happy Saturday ladies!!!

Maxine- sending bug HUGS! Keeping you and hubby in prayers. Never fear stopping by- please do- that is what friends are for!!! Hoping the chest infection is under control quickly. How far are you from home distance wise?

Barb- have a great time at the show- hope you see lots of great new stamps and new stamping ideas!

Jeanette- yes- the faux canvas would be fun for VBS! And, you can hang them on the wall as is, or add yarn or twine across the back too. The folks made them up pretty easily, so maybe painting on them a bit or having the kids cut out shapes for theirs would make the project last a bit longer : ) They all turn out uniquely even though all of the pieces are the same!
LOL, I am allergic to eggs, but do eat cookies and cake : )

Maggie- humm- I will have to try that recipe- no raisins for sweetness.....
it sounds good though.

Anyone watching the eagle came in DC? The eagles are getting so big! DCeaglecam.org is the link

Well, the allergies have arrived, so I am sitting inside looking out at the plants that need dividing- hosta's.... it is easier to do when they are little... but... We are also having a blast watching the squirrels tring to get food from the bird feedrers : ) One feeder has a baffle, and the other had a weight sensitive perch, and if too much weight gets on the perch, the motor kicks in and twirls. So, we watch squirrels try to outsmart the motor all day! Sometimes, they take a little joy ride just because it makes seed come out of the feeder and land below....... We also have a pair of robins that live in the bushes in the backyard, and various other birds- 2 kinds of woodpeckers, chickadee's, finches, blackbirds, and sparrows. We saw a hawk Thursday, and the backyard was very quiet while it was perched up high taking in any motion.

I saw a hummingbird flit by where we usually have the feeder by the kitchen window 2 days in a row, so we got out the feeders- no hummingbird has come back yet. Last summer, we had 2 hummers fighting over the feeder. It did not get vicious, just one chasing the other away. I just love how beautiful and graceful and small they are! They come about every 20 minutes to the feeder when they are around.

One other thing I saw that I am going to try is putting a slingy on the pole of the feeder- the squirrels climb up and when they get to the slinky it stretches out and they go to down to the bottom of the pole. hahaha I have to try it! The brown squirrels will probably give up, not sure about the gray ones- they are really athletic compared to the brown ones!

Epidural went fine- I took it easy Thursday, and yesterday made up for it cleaning and doing laundry. Took mom to daycare for 4 hours and last night we went to watch a local singing group called Beyond Glee. That was great! They sang American classics.

I signed Mom and I up for a watercolor class at the Art League on Thursday mornings. It is Beginner and Intermediate levels, so I am hoping it will challenge both of us. Mom has been painting with acrylics and her color choices are interesting. She was such a fab artist- dementia is affecting her depth perception a touch as well . I cannot blame my coloring on dementia or anything- I will have to think up a good a good excuse.......hehehe

I hope you all have a fab weekend! Waving hello to all : )

Shelly
Old 04-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #6528
Pearl-ExPert

Popping in here and all is ok.

Maxine, so sorry about the infection but maybe they can get that under control fairly quick so you can head on home. Thinking of you!

Didn't try to try and catch up but all is well. My daughter came for a few days last weekend and we got to go shopping - and shopping and shopping. She wore out this old lady. We had a good time though. Nothing exciting around here so that makes everything so much easier on me.

I did purchase some Oxide distress inks the other day and so have been trying to see what those would do. They blend so much nicer. Has anyone else tried them yet?
mschoener and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:04 PM   #6529
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon Ladies! The stamp show was good--but there was nothing "new and exciting" that I saw. Gina K demoed the laminator and foils, so I got a few images as I picked up the laminator a month or so ago--now I just need to use it! I did get a few stamps and some other bargains. The class I took was for masculine cards and we got a stamp set and dies for future use.

I did get the grass cut today--first time and it sure looks nice. I also replanted some more flower plants in the greenhouse. We also met some friends from out of town at the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate her birthday--and shared a piece of Tiramisu cheesecake--YUM!

I hope you are having a great weekend!
Old 04-23-2017, 02:19 AM   #6530
Mad Swapper

Hi to my precious online buddies

We got home from the hospice (about an hour away) on Friday afternoon, settled in, and I was not concerned about DH as the oral antibiotics seemed to have kicked in o.k. overnight Thursday... yesterday was another story though and at 7:20 p.m. I called the ambulance and he was admitted to the local hospital - thankfully that is only 5 minutes away - I don't usually call the ambulance, but he was barely able to breath and was in quite a bit of pain.

Thankfully today he is vastly improved - I called up to the hospital in the morning, then as my DD was going up to see him, and his brother, I went to church. He was so good that in the afternoon after his IV meds, they unhooked him and let him home for a couple of hours!! Oh the joys!

Shelly it was great to read all your news - hope your painting classes go well

Lynn it was great to see you here and know that you had a great weekend, albeit exhausting, with your DD.

Jeanette I hope you can have a restful weekend - you are such a busy lady

Kelly it's always wonderful to read your posts - hope your camping is going well (I think I recall you going somewhere this weekend)

Barb those shows sound wonderful - I won't be getting to ours this year

Maggie you certainly sound a busy lady - it's good to hear you have found a great handyman for all those outside jobs and the inside maintenance.

Waving to Darlene, Kristie and Kel

Hugs to you all from down under
Old 04-23-2017, 07:26 AM   #6531
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. I had a busy day around the house yesterday, nothing big, just all the little things that have to get done. I did go to Home Depot and Lowe's to return things that I bought last weekend for the handyman that they ended up not needing. They had all their own painting supplies, so they all went back including a gallon of white paint.

Made a stop at Bed Bath & Beyond to get a new set of sheets and ran into a GF from church so we chatted a little. We were both out running errands. She had a good idea for these taller mattresses. She has a feather mattress on top of her regular mattress but if she puts on a regular fitted sheet over the whole thing it smooshes down the feather mattress, so she has 2 fitted sheets - one of the bottom regular mattress and then one that she tucks around the feather one. Smart.

Worked more on unmounting stamps. I did find out that most of the SU stamps do not have to be microwaved; I was able to pull them off the blocks with no problem. I wish I had figured that out when I first started.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:35 AM   #6532
Quacker Stamper

Maxine, so glad to hear that DH was able to be home for a short time anyway. I hope that he continues to improve from the chest infection and will be able to stay home for a time.

Barb, glad that you enjoyed the stamp show, and great that you saved a ton of money since there wasn't a lot you wanted to purchase!

Jeanette, did you do anything for Earth Day? I did go out and pull some weeds out of the front flower bed. I need to call my yard man tomorrow and see when he can come do my planting and finish cleaning out the beds and getting all the weeds out of the bed around the tree.

Lynn, good to hear from you. Sounds like a fun shopping trip. I actually hate going shopping. I do all mine online from stores in my area so if I have to return something, I can go and return at the store. I have not heard of Oxide distress ink. Who makes those?

Kelly, How did DH's birthday go? How did you all celebrate?

Kristie, I saw your new profile picture on FB. You look fabulous!

Kel, how did your interview go? You also do look fabulous.

Darlene, waving Hi and hope things are well with you too.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:20 PM   #6533
Mad Swapper

ARGH - just to complicate things I broke a tooth Thursday before Easter and have only just been able to get to the dentist today with all that is going on - I figured it would have to come out, and I was right - 25 minutes and 2 dentists later it was out.... not a happy camper as it was most stubborn

Waving to you all from a sunny down under
Old 04-24-2017, 04:35 AM   #6534

This pup isn't happy that it's Monday...
shucks, you might not be either.
I guess we'll have to make the best of it.

Maxine, oh my! A tooth issue was not what you needed on top of everything else. I'm sorry! I am glad that you and your DH are home again, though...

Maggie, I did not do anything for Earth Day, I'm sorry. I do not play in dirt. LOL! That's what I tell my DH any time he thinks I should help with yard work. Seriously though, my allergies would not tolerate that, and I like to stay healthy. Breathing is kind of important to me.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:13 AM   #6535
SCS RAK Coordinator

Yes, it is another Monday--but it is sunny here, so it is tolerable! I have card class this morning and then I need to spend time in the stamp room to put things away from the stamp show and crop. I have two swaps to mail and then I need to work on a couple of challenge cards!

Have a Marvelous Monday!
Old 04-24-2017, 06:26 AM   #6536
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning!

Lookie! Lookie! http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...e-t617532.html

I was surprised and super excited to spy that I am the Featured Stamper this week! Oh my stars!! I was gone (all weekend, came home to shower, sleep!) and saw that late yesterday and about fell over! What an incredible honor

Maxine - continued hugs and prayers. That happened to my dh last week - twice! Poor man was in agonizing pain.

Hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 04-24-2017, 06:30 AM   #6537

Hi Kelly... CONGRATS!!!

Find Me on Instagram

MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:31 AM   #6538

Hi Barb... have fun today!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-24-2017, 09:44 AM   #6539
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you
Old 04-24-2017, 12:50 PM   #6540
Mad Swapper

Congratulations Kelly - great news.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:08 AM   #6541

Did you know it is only 8 short months until Christmas!?!?!?!?

Yep, I'm Christmas CraZy!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-25-2017, 05:52 AM   #6542
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends! I hope you have a Terrific Tuesday. Those in the east, please be safe!
Old 04-26-2017, 05:48 AM   #6543

Friends, I'm leaving VERY early tomorrow morning for our state's Annual Women's Conference. Set up is tomorrow and the conference the next two days. So this is the last day I'll be on SCS this week. I hope the rest of your week will be fabulous... and your weekend will be, too!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-26-2017, 06:32 AM   #6544
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Hump Day! I hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Old 04-27-2017, 05:51 AM   #6545
Gabfest Goddess

Hello all, just skimmed through briefly - Maxine, prayers from NH continue. Love & many, many {{{Cyber Hugs}}} to you and hubby. A broken tooth on top of everything else??? Really??? Oh my...

Kelly - CONGRATS!! That is so cool and well deserved too!

Jeanette - enjoy your trip!

Maggie, I've been admiring your butterflies and orchids that I've seen you post. I need to educate myself. I have 2 orchids that were given to me during the Amanda months, they bloomed a long time after her funeral. Now they look healthy but no sign of any blooms.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 04-27-2017, 06:00 AM   #6546
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies. The sunny and warm days we have had recently has been replaced by clouds and rain and cooler weather that is to stay into next week--YUCK! I have a boatload of errands to do this morning and then we are heading to a local dinner theatre to see South Pacific tonight. I hope you have a Terrific Thursday!
Old 04-27-2017, 07:36 AM   #6547
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI friends! Busy day ahead and just enough time to wave and say thank you and wish you all a lovely day! ♥
Old 04-28-2017, 06:23 AM   #6548
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends--Happy Friday! We have a bit of sun this morning but it is not supposed to last too long. The musical South Pacific was great last night--wonderful voices and a great story that still fits today! I plan to spend some time in the stamp room today--and I hope you have a great one too!
Old 04-28-2017, 11:11 AM   #6549
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

ARGH - just to complicate things I broke a tooth Thursday before Easter and have only just been able to get to the dentist today with all that is going on - I figured it would have to come out, and I was right - 25 minutes and 2 dentists later it was out.... not a happy camper as it was most stubborn

Waving to you all from a sunny down under
So sorry about the dentist thing Maxine. You just can't catch a break. It's always something. I hope you're feeling better.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:12 AM   #6550
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Good Morning!

Lookie! Lookie! http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...e-t617532.html

I was surprised and super excited to spy that I am the Featured Stamper this week! Oh my stars!! I was gone (all weekend, came home to shower, sleep!) and saw that late yesterday and about fell over! What an incredible honor

Maxine - continued hugs and prayers. That happened to my dh last week - twice! Poor man was in agonizing pain.

Hugs!
Congrats Kelly! Well deserved honor.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:13 AM   #6551
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Did you know it is only 8 short months until Christmas!?!?!?!?

Yep, I'm Christmas CraZy!

Many thanks for that tidbit of information Jeanette! YIKES!
Old 04-28-2017, 11:18 AM   #6552
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello all, just skimmed through briefly - Maxine, prayers from NH continue. Love & many, many {{{Cyber Hugs}}} to you and hubby. A broken tooth on top of everything else??? Really??? Oh my...

Kelly - CONGRATS!! That is so cool and well deserved too!

Jeanette - enjoy your trip!

Maggie, I've been admiring your butterflies and orchids that I've seen you post. I need to educate myself. I have 2 orchids that were given to me during the Amanda months, they bloomed a long time after her funeral. Now they look healthy but no sign of any blooms.
Thanks Darlene. My DD in CA told me one time that she didn't know she could rebloom orchids and after they bloomed she always threw them away! Yikes! I do feed mine periodically. After the flowers are gone, the stem usually will dry up and get wooden like. Then I cut the stem back to the bottom and just let it rest (continue to water when it dries out) and after awhile it will put out another stem with more flowers. Mine sit on my windowsill at work with light coming from the East.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:19 AM   #6553
Quacker Stamper

I am hoping to get a little bit done outside tomorrow, and I should spray my lawn too as long as there aren't any flowers in my flower beds to infect any caterpillars or butterflies if I ever get any this year. I am so behind with things. I need to call my yard man about some things he needs to do yet. Tomorrow I'll be working on the inside getting it all cleaned up for the kids to come over on Sunday. I was supposed to go to a church event with some friends, but I had to bag off tomorrow. We are going tonight though so I'll be leaving the office about 3:30 so I can get home and take care of the kitties and get a bite to eat before I leave. A GF is picking me up at 5 PM.

I worked last night on 3 cards that I had to get done. One for a Challenge your Stash event I'm in every month and then 2 DT cards. I got them done. the CYS one was hard because it was supposed to be about Super Heroes, but I found a digital image I had gotten some time ago free from Dover Publishing and it was perfect.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:20 PM   #6554
Mad Swapper

I am still in the land if the living - life here in the mornings is a bit like Paddington Station.... first the woman who comes in to help DH shower, then the District Nurse to refill his meds in the pump, and once a week another woman who cleans the house for me. And quite often the Rural Hospice Nurse calls in too. Never mind the frequent family visits.

We are back down to the two of us now after DH's son left to return to Australia yesterday. It was wonderful to have him here.

I did get out to the studio this afternoon as I have a family birthday party tomorrow with the two older grandchildren celebrating their seventh birthdays, and I needed cards for them. I cheated with one and got a lego picture off Google images and printed that out for the main part of the card!!

I do follow the thread, and it's great to know you are all doing well.

Love and hugs from Down Under
Old 04-29-2017, 06:51 AM   #6555
Gabfest Goddess

So nice to get an update from You! I know how hectic it must be, everyone coming and going, all of those different schedules to keep track of.

How are YOU doing?? Is your mother & tooth feeling better?

Quote:

I am still in the land if the living - life here in the mornings is a bit like Paddington Station.... first the woman who comes in to help DH shower, then the District Nurse to refill his meds in the pump, and once a week another woman who cleans the house for me. And quite often the Rural Hospice Nurse calls in too. Never mind the frequent family visits.

We are back down to the two of us now after DH's son left to return to Australia yesterday. It was wonderful to have him here.

I did get out to the studio this afternoon as I have a family birthday party tomorrow with the two older grandchildren celebrating their seventh birthdays, and I needed cards for them. I cheated with one and got a lego picture off Google images and printed that out for the main part of the card!!

I do follow the thread, and it's great to know you are all doing well.

Love and hugs from Down Under

Old 04-29-2017, 06:53 AM   #6556
Gabfest Goddess

Dang auto correct on this tablet! I try to watch out for it, but it still trips me up .

That was supposed to be *mouth* not mother. Gads!

Old 04-29-2017, 03:33 PM   #6557
Mad Swapper

Thanks for the auto correct smile Darlene - I had wondered about the mother there

My mouth is still sore, but healing well. I think the pain is because it was so stubborn in coming out.

I am doing ok most of the time, but I do have my moments of frustration, anger and overwhelming sadness - all of which is within the realms of 'normal' in my situation.... at least that's what I tell myself .

Off to make sprinkle sandwiches aka Fairy Bread

Hugs from a very wet down under
Old 04-30-2017, 07:55 AM   #6558
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving hello from soggy Illinois!

We have had another busy week- I keep on on the thread on phone but my talent in typing on the phone is not too proficient, so here I am on the computer on a lazy Sunday AM.

My sister took mom yesterday, and we both had busy days- I had one of those preventative screenings early AM, went to a bridal shower, then fell asleep..... (meds are still kicking my derrier)...then dinner with friends. I slept all night too! 11PM-8:30AM Either pain or sleep......

The watercoloring class- mostly was just demo's and tracing out an image to watercolor. I had to ask all questions, eg how do you set up your palate- he puts 8 colors in a palate, then mixes colors from them in 8 more palates. He is a just do it and learn kind of teacher..... He has a beginner and intermediate project- so far the beginner projects look do-able, the intermediate scenes- look way out of my realm!

Maxine - continued prayers for you and your husband.

Waving hello to everyone else- have to go get ready for church!

Shelly
ksmile1978 likes this post.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:54 PM   #6559
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Popping in here and all is ok.

Maxine, so sorry about the infection but maybe they can get that under control fairly quick so you can head on home. Thinking of you!

Didn't try to try and catch up but all is well. My daughter came for a few days last weekend and we got to go shopping - and shopping and shopping. She wore out this old lady. We had a good time though. Nothing exciting around here so that makes everything so much easier on me.

I did purchase some Oxide distress inks the other day and so have been trying to see what those would do. They blend so much nicer. Has anyone else tried them yet?
I bought a few of the inks to try but haven't gotten around to it yet. Glad to hear they blend well!

Happy to hear your daughter visited and that you had a good time with her
Old 04-30-2017, 07:57 PM   #6560
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post

Kristie, I saw your new profile picture on FB. You look fabulous!

Thank you, Maggie. I ended up using that picture everywhere as my new profile lol. I have never gotten such a strong reaction to a picture of me before. I am involved in a style challenge that ends soon. It has been a fun adventure of going a bit outside my comfort zone and trying different clothing that I normally wouldn't wear. I now have lots of new favorite pieces in my closet and on my jewelry stands.
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.