Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-13-2017, 04:41 AM   #6481
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Here to say...

to all my Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, it sure sounds like that situation (the mediation case) is a mess. I hope thing work out okay... not sure what okay is, you understand, but still hoping.

Leaving a trail of (((HUGS))) and Merriment

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:43 AM   #6482
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 04-13-2017, 07:23 AM   #6483
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Just stopping in to say hello!

We are heading to the beach today for some R & R as it's still Spring Break. Dd18 JUST got up and now we'll wait on her to put on a full face of make up and 'the right outfit' - my poor son pulls on whatever, brushes his teeth and is out the door in 2 minutes! Looks like I have time for a 2nd cup of coffee after all ............

I have my book, my chairs packed, cooler is ready with sandwiches and drinks and chips, so i wish you all a lovely day - bbl!

Sharing sunshine and hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #6484
Mad Swapper

We have some post (anticlimatic) cyclone sunshine . Brief heavy rain and a few puffs of wind here, and similar at home... DS took is family away for the weekend hoping to drive 'out' of the weather, but drove into it instead... all good though and they got there safely.

Life at the hospice is amazing - not only is DH well cared for, but so am I. If I could just get a good nights sleep, i would be on top of the world

Enjoy your break Kelly - and thank you all for the prayers and love!!
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:41 AM   #6485

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maxine, I'm glad you are able to check in with us... and to hear you are doing okay. I've been praying... will add to the prayers that you'll be able to get some sleep. (((HUGS)))

Kelly, how was the beach? (You forgot to take me with you, BTW)

Barb, was your day good?

Waving to everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:37 AM   #6486
SCS RAK Coordinator

Have a Blessed Good Friday!
Old 04-14-2017, 06:39 AM   #6487

Sweet graphic, Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-14-2017, 07:16 AM   #6488
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

The beach was wonderful - except I realized I forgot something important - Jeanette! Next time

Maxine - continued prayers going out to you!

Waving to everyone ♥
Old 04-14-2017, 09:58 AM   #6489
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Happy Good Friday to all!!!

We are just back from a whirlwind couple of days. We traveled to a funeral- my cousin-age 43- died in a house fire. A cigarette not put out properly started a couch on fire in the living room, and cousin passed out in upstairs bedroom dies of smoke inhalation. He is the 1st of our generation to pass. It was surreal to see my cousins planning and putting together a funeral. I do not look forward to that day at any age!!!

Then we traveled from there to St Louis to see my Uncle- mom's youngest brother. He has leukemia that did not respond to chemo, so is in a clinical trial at Barnes hospital in St Louis. We had a great visit with him and my Aunt! Always my favorite Uncle- he was in good spirits as was my Aunt.

My Mother is smashed today- got up for b-fast, then slept on the couch for a few hours....

I hope everyone has a Blessed day- I did read up on the thread- waving hello to all

Special prayers and hugs to Maxine- Glad you are well cared for at Hospice- and will throw in an extra prayer for sleep for you!

Shelly
Old 04-15-2017, 04:31 AM   #6490

Since I don't get on SCS on Sundays
(and I figure a lot of you won't be here tomorrow because of the holiday)
I'm going to share my Easter greeting today...

Shucks, Kelly... and I waited by the door for you to get me, too.

Shelly, I am so sorry to hear of your family's loss and uncle's condition, too. Lots of hugs and prayers heading your way.

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:29 AM   #6491
SCS RAK Coordinator

Old 04-16-2017, 06:30 AM   #6492
SCS RAK Coordinator

Shelly--sorry to hear of your loss. Sending hugs and prayers!
Old 04-16-2017, 04:19 PM   #6493
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Here to say...

to all my Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, it sure sounds like that situation (the mediation case) is a mess. I hope thing work out okay... not sure what okay is, you understand, but still hoping.

Okay will be when the parents get their little baby boy back home where he belongs. This is just not right.
Save
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 04-16-2017, 04:26 PM   #6494
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Happy Good Friday to all!!!

We are just back from a whirlwind couple of days. We traveled to a funeral- my cousin-age 43- died in a house fire. A cigarette not put out properly started a couch on fire in the living room, and cousin passed out in upstairs bedroom dies of smoke inhalation. He is the 1st of our generation to pass. It was surreal to see my cousins planning and putting together a funeral. I do not look forward to that day at any age!!!

Then we traveled from there to St Louis to see my Uncle- mom's youngest brother. He has leukemia that did not respond to chemo, so is in a clinical trial at Barnes hospital in St Louis. We had a great visit with him and my Aunt! Always my favorite Uncle- he was in good spirits as was my Aunt.

My Mother is smashed today- got up for b-fast, then slept on the couch for a few hours....

I hope everyone has a Blessed day- I did read up on the thread- waving hello to all

Special prayers and hugs to Maxine- Glad you are well cared for at Hospice- and will throw in an extra prayer for sleep for you!

Shelly
So sorry about your uncles. That's terrible about the house fire. We had one of our attorneys about 2 years ago die also in a house fire. It was a cabin I think in Arkansas, not really sure of it's location. She and her SO raised small horses there and she had gone up and taken their 2 dogs also. Not sure what set the house on fire, but they think that she had BBQ'd dinner and somehow didn't put the coals completely out and somehow it caught the house on fire. They found her and the dogs by the front door, I guess overcome by the smoke before they could get out. So sad.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:31 PM   #6495
Quacker Stamper

The 3-day weekend has been nice. It's been busy though. I started out on Friday getting my hair trimmed. Then I had a couple errands to run to get things for when the handyman came on Saturday. Turns out I could have saved some time. He didn't need some of the stuff I got for painting - had his own stuff. So now I get to take it back for a refund including a gallon of paint. Then I made my grocery run since I knew I'd be stuck in the house most of Saturday, which I was.

Mike got to my house about 9:30 with his helper John. I guess we got about 1/2 of it all done. JOhn painted the bathroom (2 coats so had to let it dry between coats); He also replaced the shade in the storage room that Petunia had destroyed. It wasn't until after it was up and went to open it later that I realized that it wasn't the same shade I had before. The other one was a down from time top or up from the bottom and this one is just up from the bottom. I think I may call Penney's on Monday and see about getting it replaced with the right kind that I ordered. I even had given her the SKU number from the old one and it was still the wrong shade. Mike worked on painted the little patch in the kitchen that had to be done. He had to mud it first so that took some time letting it dry. That's when they left to go get something to eat. They were gone for awhile. I put the ceiling fan on to get it dried quicker. He also checked out my florescent lights for out in my workroom. Turns out that the fixtures are not working so I need to replace those. I could not get a kitchen faucet at either Home Depot or Lowe's that will fit my kitchen sink so I had to order that. I ended up getting a chrome one instead of the Bronze. The bronze one like the one I have was $390!!!!!!! I am not going to pay that much for another faucet. As it it, the one that I did buy was $199. I think that's crazy for a faucet. He did take the dining table leaf along with him. He will refinish that. I have a clothes tree also that I want repaired and refinished. Two of the dowels are broken off. He is going to check to see if a friend of his has a lathe that will be able to make those and then he'll be able to fix it and refinish it also. When he comes to replace the faucet, he's also going to bring his air compressor to charge up my under sink water filter. After all that gets done, I hope things will stay fixed for awhile.

While they were working, I was fixing the underside of my sofa and loveseat. The kitties had town up that thin black material that they use. I had gone to Joann's last week and bought some muslin that I use. I tacked it on the frame and I had just enough tacks to do both of them!
Old 04-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #6496
Quacker Stamper

I missed out on Easter celebration at my sis's. If you ask my DD, she will say that it was my own fault. They knew I was going to be late because of our church schedule and when I got there, there was no place to park. My sis has a big extended family with 4 children, and grandchildren plus all the extra people that go to these events. Since there wasn't anywhere to park, I just turned around and came home. Really I wasn't all that upset about it I guess except for the confetti eggs that I bought. Had a text from my DD about 4 PM asking if I was still coming. We went back and forth with a few things and then I just didn't respond. I have some things I need to finish up before it's back to work tomorrow. Oh, I did make a great broccoli salad. Too bad that they won't get any. It was the first time I made it and it turned out great!
Old 04-17-2017, 03:35 AM   #6497

Barb, your graphic is very pretty!

Maggie, I'm glad you weren't too disappointed about Easter at Sis's ... sort of sad, though. And sad, too, about the situation with work. It has to be hard when you see situations like that and wish the child could just go home. Your handymen sure seemed to get a lot done. Sounds like you'll be in good shape soon.

So, how did everyone else's Easter go? I hope you had a great day!

Mine/ours was kind of quiet. We had sunrise service at one church (at the park - where Brock's ducks joined us for worship), followed by breakfast. Then we scurried off to another church, where DH preached. We were at the local Chinese restaurant for lunch. Then mid-afternoon DH and Brock went to the movies and I stayed home and played with my toys.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-17-2017, 05:45 AM   #6498
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great Easter weekend. We worked outside most of the day Saturday and I feel like we accomplished quite a bit! Yesterday, we had a brunch with roomie's family and then went to the Mitchell Domes in Milwaukee. The are three large glass domes--one tropical plants, one arid plants and the third is the show dome, which was filled with spring flowers. We also went for a hike in the state forest as it was still a beautiful day to enjoy the outdoors!

We have a rummage sale at our church in two weeks, so I will be spending a few mornings helping to set up and price items. I hope you have a great day--even as a Monday!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:23 AM   #6499
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning ~ happy post Easter

Maggie - you are so wonderful my friend! Each of your posts are so animated - I feel like I'm there with you (and your kitties and work guys and house calls!) I had kitties for years (pre-marriage) and know the tearing up they can do! I'm glad you got the muslim and fixed it, though I'm sure they don't like your taking away their faulous hiding spots - LOL. I'm sorry you weren't able to find parking - and you are the 2nd person I've heard talking about the confetti eggs!

My oldest dd/bf and little man dyed eggs yesterday and now I have 40 hard boiled eggs in my fridge that i need to do something asap. while I'm the only one who eats them (they just like DYING them), I can't eat 40! Maybe one, total. I hate to toss them, but everywhere I have called (including wild life centers, the zoo, etc where they feed them as treats) have all said they can't take it.

Continued hugs for Maxine.

Hugs for everybody!
Old 04-17-2017, 01:26 PM   #6500
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Good Morning ~ happy post Easter

Maggie - you are so wonderful my friend! Each of your posts are so animated - I feel like I'm there with you (and your kitties and work guys and house calls!) I had kitties for years (pre-marriage) and know the tearing up they can do! I'm glad you got the muslim and fixed it, though I'm sure they don't like your taking away their faulous hiding spots - LOL. I'm sorry you weren't able to find parking - and you are the 2nd person I've heard talking about the confetti eggs!

My oldest dd/bf and little man dyed eggs yesterday and now I have 40 hard boiled eggs in my fridge that i need to do something asap. while I'm the only one who eats them (they just like DYING them), I can't eat 40! Maybe one, total. I hate to toss them, but everywhere I have called (including wild life centers, the zoo, etc where they feed them as treats) have all said they can't take it.

Continued hugs for Maxine.

Hugs for everybody!
Wow! That's a lot of eggs. Do you have one of those food savers. I buy hard boiled eggs at the store. Yea, I know it's not that hard to boil them, but mine never come out good, so I just buy them. They come 6 to a bag and they last a long time. I bet you could store some of yours for awhile anyway. I love eggs. Why can't they take them? Is it because they don't really know where they come from?
Old 04-17-2017, 06:26 PM   #6501
Mad Swapper

Hello from a beautiful Autumnal day - clear skies and sunshine. DH is in a recliner in the sun and snoozing. He turned a corner last Saturday evening and has improved enough that I think we may even get home for a while!! Was doubting that last week!

I have been keeping up with the thread but not commenting...

Hugs to you all from down under
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:20 PM   #6502
SCS RAK Coordinator

Great news Maxine!
Old 04-17-2017, 10:50 PM   #6503
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Sounds like a great Easter was had my many!

We stayed home except for going to church Mom was a bit overwhelmed with all of the events of the past week. She has got into quite the mood....who is managing her money (she does not like being managed), etc..... she was worried about her taxes, then other things popped up. We go over things again and again. She does remember many things, but not all, and she can never tell you what she ate for lunch 2 hours later!

Sunday night, after praying with her, I fell asleep in her bed- she woke up having a bad dream and screaming at 3AM! I was so glad I was right there. Well, apparently, I did not make the bed to her liking- tonight she asked me who was in her room and messed up her bed...LOL (Dementia patients also have a little paranoia as well- so- who was in my room is what they think). Oh, the dear Lord is watching over us- sad as it is.... I did get her calmed down a bit tonight and even got her to laugh a bit.

Maxine- continued prayers for your hubby and your family. Sounds like the hospice there is outstanding! I will ask God to give your hubby comfort and peace- and the energy to enjoy the family and kids while at home.

Kelly- that is alot of HB eggs! Does your church have the name of a family that is in need- you could make egg salad for them or something? Yikes!

BArb- sounds like a fab weekend!

Jeanette- I would have loved Chinese Sunday, except we were on a sodium count. We are shocked how much sodium is in everything! With mom not eating over 2000 mg, we also try to eat what she has- and when we get to eat out or have something yummy- WOW- we can really taste the salt now. But, Chinese, Yum!

Maggie- you went all of the way there and left? Did you really not want to go anyway? Mmmm I love Broccoli salad : ) Wow, sounds like your worker got a ton done! Awesome for you.

I am signing off- time for bed! I have piano early : )

Shelly
Old 04-18-2017, 03:51 AM   #6504

Maxine, it's good to see you! I'd been wondering how things were going - and praying more and more through the silence. But I'm now glad to hear that your DH is doing a bit better. I'm sure a trip home sounds wonderful for both of you! HUGS!

Shelly, oh what a blessing you are to your mom (even if she doesn't recognize it). I'm sure it is exhausting and yet you are giving her loving care even when you are exhausted. I, continue to keep you in my prayers - I know a little of what you're going through as we had similarities with my MIL (who I went and stayed with for short periods of time to give some relief/help to my FIL). Many hugs, my friend! And a shoulder if you ever need a shoulder to cry on. And... about your comment on my blog post.... I cried for your DIL, her friend, and others impacted.

Kelly, I would have NO reservations about tossing the eggs! The only thing an egg is good for is if it is in a cookie, cake, etc.... and you can't put hardboiled eggs in them. That would be gross.

Maggie, so Kelly's comment got me to thinking. How have the kitties responded to the muslim barring their fun?

Barb, sounds like you had a good weekend. YAY!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-18-2017, 06:04 AM   #6505
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:41 AM   #6506
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday, Shelly!

OH Maxine! your news made me smile! I'm glad that dh is possibly well enough to be in the comforts of your own home - Im' sure it makes the resting easier. Either way, you are loved and prayed for!

Waving to all!
Old 04-18-2017, 08:51 AM   #6507

Shucks... I missed the party?

Here's my wish for your birthday, Shelly...

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-18-2017, 06:54 PM   #6508
Insane Embellisher

Maxine - sending prayers and love to you and DH.

Shelly - I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Prayers and hugs to you all as well.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:51 AM   #6509

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-19-2017, 05:42 AM   #6510
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Hump Day! I am off to church this morning to help with the rummage sale set up. It is not for another 10 days, but already most of the tables--like 30 of them--are already getting full! We sell everything except adult clothing--only clothes under age 8. Everything has a colored sticker for prices--50 cents to $5--and then a special area with some things priced higher. The sale is 9-noon and then from 12-2, everything is half price. At 2:00, we have a Salvation Army truck come and they load up anything that is left. The money raised this year goes to our sister church in Milwaukee along with a project for orphans in Cambodia.

I have a lunch with my former superintendent and a humane society meeting tonight--yes, another busy day! Tomorrow I have no plans, so I get to spend it in the stamp room--getting ready for Friday. I am attending the Scrapbook Expo in Milwaukee and staying into the evening, cropping with friends. I am taking one class and I am sure I will do some shopping too...........................

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:50 AM   #6511

Barb, you are busy busy BUSY! Sounds like good stuff going on, though. Enjoy! (of course, I would have ENJOYed today more had you shared Smoochy with us)

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:48 AM   #6512
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I want to be Barb when I grow up! She's fun and gets to go everywhere!! LOL!

Morning, ladies!

Maggie - I'm not sure what the story with the egg refusal is - they only said it wasn't acceptable, maybe because it's from a home - or they don't know the real age of the item, how old it is, etc ;( Sad. Our macaw, turns out, wasn't so crazy (kinda funny if you think about it, offering a hard boiled egg to a bird! eek!) Supposedly they are a real treat, but she wanted no part of it! The local monkey jungle as well ~ the little monkeys LOVE HB eggs .... but they said no. Live and learn!

Dh's birthday is today - so much to do! So I'll wave and share sunshine!
barbaralynn, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:52 AM   #6513

Kelly, I hope your DH has a fantastic birthday!

Funny about the eggs!

Find Me on Instagram

Kiwime likes this post.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #6514
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies! Happy Hump Day! I am off to church this morning to help with the rummage sale set up. It is not for another 10 days, but already most of the tables--like 30 of them--are already getting full! We sell everything except adult clothing--only clothes under age 8. Everything has a colored sticker for prices--50 cents to $5--and then a special area with some things priced higher. The sale is 9-noon and then from 12-2, everything is half price. At 2:00, we have a Salvation Army truck come and they load up anything that is left. The money raised this year goes to our sister church in Milwaukee along with a project for orphans in Cambodia.

I have a lunch with my former superintendent and a humane society meeting tonight--yes, another busy day! Tomorrow I have no plans, so I get to spend it in the stamp room--getting ready for Friday. I am attending the Scrapbook Expo in Milwaukee and staying into the evening, cropping with friends. I am taking one class and I am sure I will do some shopping too...........................

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
I have a ton of stuff in my garage that I'd love to have a garage sale, but so far I haven't gone through it to price anything AND I need to find someone to come to my house and be here with me.

Have fun at the Scrapbook Expo! That should be a lot of fun. I've been talking with some blogging friends about getting together again this year. I think it will be in September. At least I hope it all works out.
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:44 AM   #6515
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hello from a beautiful Autumnal day - clear skies and sunshine. DH is in a recliner in the sun and snoozing. He turned a corner last Saturday evening and has improved enough that I think we may even get home for a while!! Was doubting that last week!

I have been keeping up with the thread but not commenting...

Hugs to you all from down under
Maxine, sending hugs and blessings to you. I do hope that you guys are able to go home and be where you are more comfortable. Keeping fingers crossed too.
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:52 AM   #6516
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Sounds like a great Easter was had my many!

We stayed home except for going to church Mom was a bit overwhelmed with all of the events of the past week. She has got into quite the mood....who is managing her money (she does not like being managed), etc..... she was worried about her taxes, then other things popped up. We go over things again and again. She does remember many things, but not all, and she can never tell you what she ate for lunch 2 hours later!

Sunday night, after praying with her, I fell asleep in her bed- she woke up having a bad dream and screaming at 3AM! I was so glad I was right there. Well, apparently, I did not make the bed to her liking- tonight she asked me who was in her room and messed up her bed...LOL (Dementia patients also have a little paranoia as well- so- who was in my room is what they think). Oh, the dear Lord is watching over us- sad as it is.... I did get her calmed down a bit tonight and even got her to laugh a bit.

Maxine- continued prayers for your hubby and your family. Sounds like the hospice there is outstanding! I will ask God to give your hubby comfort and peace- and the energy to enjoy the family and kids while at home.

Kelly- that is alot of HB eggs! Does your church have the name of a family that is in need- you could make egg salad for them or something? Yikes!

BArb- sounds like a fab weekend!

Jeanette- I would have loved Chinese Sunday, except we were on a sodium count. We are shocked how much sodium is in everything! With mom not eating over 2000 mg, we also try to eat what she has- and when we get to eat out or have something yummy- WOW- we can really taste the salt now. But, Chinese, Yum!

Maggie- you went all of the way there and left? Did you really not want to go anyway? Mmmm I love Broccoli salad : ) Wow, sounds like your worker got a ton done! Awesome for you.

I am signing off- time for bed! I have piano early : )

Shelly
Sending up prayers for you too Shelly. I know this time with your mom is bittersweet. It's so nice to be able to have her there with you, but so sad to see her decline each day. She does seem to be still aware of a lot of things though and able to play with you in your creative endeavors. It's fun to have a playmate.

Well, all the way is not very far. My sis lives about 5 minutes from my house. I left because there was no place for me to park. She lives on a 4-lane street and there is no street parking, so I really didn't have much of a choice. Yes, I did want to spend time with my family, but I'm kind of used to not also. Not sure if you guys know my back story, but my sister and I were married to brothers. Yep! I divorced mine when my youngest was 10. It was not pleasant and he blamed me for the whole thing. Won't get into the blame game, but not only did I lose him, but also the extended family including my sister. We didn't speak to each other for a couple of years until I finally made the effort to get back together with her. The funny part is that her DH was very kind to me all this time, and if I had a household issue and he could help, he would. So, all these years still after he's actually been gone for about 5 years now, I was never invited to any of the "Schoener" gatherings. It was hard being cut off from my sister and his sisters that I was friends with back then.

This was a really good broccoli salad recipe with the mustard sauce and pecans in it. I've been eating on it all week and it's still great.
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:54 AM   #6517
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Maxine, it's good to see you! I'd been wondering how things were going - and praying more and more through the silence. But I'm now glad to hear that your DH is doing a bit better. I'm sure a trip home sounds wonderful for both of you! HUGS!

Shelly, oh what a blessing you are to your mom (even if she doesn't recognize it). I'm sure it is exhausting and yet you are giving her loving care even when you are exhausted. I, continue to keep you in my prayers - I know a little of what you're going through as we had similarities with my MIL (who I went and stayed with for short periods of time to give some relief/help to my FIL). Many hugs, my friend! And a shoulder if you ever need a shoulder to cry on. And... about your comment on my blog post.... I cried for your DIL, her friend, and others impacted.

Kelly, I would have NO reservations about tossing the eggs! The only thing an egg is good for is if it is in a cookie, cake, etc.... and you can't put hardboiled eggs in them. That would be gross.

Maggie, so Kelly's comment got me to thinking. How have the kitties responded to the muslim barring their fun?

Barb, sounds like you had a good weekend. YAY!

Hahaha on your eggs comment Jeanette. I on the other hand LOVE eggs anyway you cook em.

Well, I guess they are finding other places to hide. I haven't seen them go under the couch or loveseat trying to get into there again, so all is well. Petunia likes to get behind my computer desk.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:26 PM   #6518
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Maggie, families can be so complex! My cousins (the family that had the brother die in the fire), they have sisters married to brothers. Their mother and sister were also married to brothers.

Would love to see your recipe for Broccoli salad- sounds interesting.

Thanks for Birthday wishes . And, for wekk wishes with current life situation. I hope I do not sound like I am complaining! I know it is a blessing!

Today, I made some faux canvas' for my Mom's Day Care. I try to do one craft a month. It was an interesting situation as I stayed and helped. LOL, the men went straight for the canvas and created without instructions...... some of the clients needed help.

I put double sided tape behind all of the flowers and stems of the flowers the bird and the clouds. The staff painted all of the box bottoms white, thankfully!

One of the staff thought it was so fun she suggested a year round canvas- in summer do a summer themed canvas, then Fall, then Winter.....

I have epidural #5 tomorrow- please pray (for God's will), but trying to avoid surgery.

Shelly
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:48 PM   #6519
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, families can be so complex! My cousins (the family that had the brother die in the fire), they have sisters married to brothers. Their mother and sister were also married to brothers.

Would love to see your recipe for Broccoli salad- sounds interesting.

Thanks for Birthday wishes . And, for wekk wishes with current life situation. I hope I do not sound like I am complaining! I know it is a blessing!

Today, I made some faux canvas' for my Mom's Day Care. I try to do one craft a month. It was an interesting situation as I stayed and helped. LOL, the men went straight for the canvas and created without instructions...... some of the clients needed help.

I put double sided tape behind all of the flowers and stems of the flowers the bird and the clouds. The staff painted all of the box bottoms white, thankfully!

One of the staff thought it was so fun she suggested a year round canvas- in summer do a summer themed canvas, then Fall, then Winter.....

I have epidural #5 tomorrow- please pray (for God's will), but trying to avoid surgery.

Shelly
Good luck with the epidural tomorrow. I hope that it is helping you. Will send up prayers for you.

The canvases are fabulous! That would be fun to do a set of seasons.

Here is the recipe. I just posted it over on my Wednesday Weight Watchers Facebook page.

FRESH BROCCOLI SALAD (4-6 Servings)
Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 lemon zested
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp kosher salt
Pinch ground black pepper
cu olive oil
1 lb. broccoli, rinsed, trimmed & sliced thinly with food processor
6 oz. cherry or grape tomatoes (halved)
3 oz. coarsely chopped, toasted pecans or hazelnuts
2 Tbsp. fresh Basil leaves (optional) I didnt use them

1. Whisk together vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. While whisking, gradually add olive oil and whisk until combined. Add broccoli and toss to coat. Cover and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour to meld flavors.

Stir in tomatoes, nuts, and basil. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.

6 Smart Points per serving.
Save
Old 04-20-2017, 12:13 AM   #6520
Mad Swapper

That sounds wonderful Maggie

We are hoping to get home tomorrow, but DH has developed a chest infection.... we will have to wait and see if we get anywhere.

I am a bit blue tonight so won't stay here and infect you wonderful ladies

Sending love from down under