Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-29-2017, 07:06 AM   #6401
Quacker Stamper

Happy Belated Birthday Kelly!

Sorry I missed posting yesterday and your card is in the mail.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:07 AM   #6402
Quacker Stamper

Saw on the news this morning about the storms hitting up in North Texas. Hope all of you are okay. Those storms are supposed to hit us today, soon although you wouldn't know it to look outside, sun is still shining, but it will be bad later on. Not sure if I'll make it to WW today or not - depends on the weather. I hate to miss a meeting because of the support and information that you get. My home teacher was over Sunday evening and his doctor told him to go on Weight Watchers, so we talked about that. I told him about my experience so far this year with what I am doing.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:08 AM   #6403
Quacker Stamper

Sorry to be MIA, just busy with stuff that needed doing. I did go out to the movies last night with a lady friend and a friend of hers. We saw The Shack! Powerful movie. I had read the book a long time ago, so was looking forward to seeing the show.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:23 AM   #6404
Swapper of the Month March 2013

I think this is it, Maggie...

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...-cut-dies.html

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 03-30-2017, 02:41 AM   #6405

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Well... I woke up VERY early this morning (2:30) and tried and tried to go back to sleep. Nope! Didn't happen. I'm wondering what time will be a good time for a nap today.

Friends, I'm leaving in the wee early hours of the morning tomorrow to drive to Chicago (7-8 hours north of me) to set up and lead our last VBS Workshop. I won't get home until very VERY late on Saturday (this year I won't be able to go see my son in WI as DH has things he needs me here to tend to)... so... you know what's coming... I'll see you Monday morning (unless I pop in here again later today).

Have a fabulous weekend!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-30-2017, 05:50 AM   #6406
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Ladies! It is a yucky outside this morning--that is about the only word to describe the wind and rain and cold! One errand to do today, so most the day can be spend looking out from the inside! Have a Terrific Thursday!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:22 PM   #6407
Mad Swapper

Hi Girls - thought I would pop in and do more than just read the thread.

Life here has had it's moments this week, but has settled now - but I have had to delay my trip to Australia as after this weeks crisis DH was too scared to let me go. I have 12 months to re-book (for about $80) or loose my fare altogether (over $800)!! Do hope I can get there....

Safe travels Jeanette - you certainly are one busy lady - I always track my petrol consumption, and I get about 14 kilometers to the litre, especially on the open road - don't know how that translates to MPG...

Shelly you are wonderful to care for your mother - it is draining to see a loved one 'fade' like that - I think it is the drugs, but DH's short term memory is now terrible.

Barb I hope the weather clears soon - we are also getting unsettled weather, but it's still quite warm - the weeds are growing as though it is spring not autumn!!

Maggie it's always great to see you here - well done on the weight loss - keep it up. You certainly are busy with family - it's good to have them close .

Kelly I hope you get enough SB's to keep you going - you certainly are another busy lady - I am enjoying seeing your cards of late, and well done on doing all 30 days of colouring - I bombed out big time - maybe next time around...

Kel and Kristie I trust your worlds are rocking along without too may crises.

Waving to you from down under, where the sun has just come out - and daylight savings finishes this Saturday night!!
Old 03-30-2017, 05:01 PM   #6408
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hugs to you Maxine!
Old 03-31-2017, 06:33 AM   #6409
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope the start to your weekend is a good one!
Old 03-31-2017, 01:35 PM   #6410
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
I get a message there that there are no dies.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:36 PM   #6411
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Well... I woke up VERY early this morning (2:30) and tried and tried to go back to sleep. Nope! Didn't happen. I'm wondering what time will be a good time for a nap today.

Friends, I'm leaving in the wee early hours of the morning tomorrow to drive to Chicago (7-8 hours north of me) to set up and lead our last VBS Workshop. I won't get home until very VERY late on Saturday (this year I won't be able to go see my son in WI as DH has things he needs me here to tend to)... so... you know what's coming... I'll see you Monday morning (unless I pop in here again later today).

Have a fabulous weekend!

Hope you have a safe journey there and back. Sorry you'll miss seeing your son.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:43 PM   #6412
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi Girls - thought I would pop in and do more than just read the thread.

Life here has had it's moments this week, but has settled now - but I have had to delay my trip to Australia as after this weeks crisis DH was too scared to let me go. I have 12 months to re-book (for about $80) or loose my fare altogether (over $800)!! Do hope I can get there....

Safe travels Jeanette - you certainly are one busy lady - I always track my petrol consumption, and I get about 14 kilometers to the litre, especially on the open road - don't know how that translates to MPG...

Shelly you are wonderful to care for your mother - it is draining to see a loved one 'fade' like that - I think it is the drugs, but DH's short term memory is now terrible.

Barb I hope the weather clears soon - we are also getting unsettled weather, but it's still quite warm - the weeds are growing as though it is spring not autumn!!

Maggie it's always great to see you here - well done on the weight loss - keep it up. You certainly are busy with family - it's good to have them close .

Kelly I hope you get enough SB's to keep you going - you certainly are another busy lady - I am enjoying seeing your cards of late, and well done on doing all 30 days of colouring - I bombed out big time - maybe next time around...

Kel and Kristie I trust your worlds are rocking along without too may crises.

Waving to you from down under, where the sun has just come out - and daylight savings finishes this Saturday night!!
Sorry that you can't get over to Australia Maxine. Do you have more familyi over there? I hope you don't lose your reservation.

Last night I was on the computer listening to a Webinar about how to put together a Research Plan for ancestor searching. It was free and good information. There were supposed to be some handouts to get, but I didn't and sent an email to one of the Directors, but haven't had any response.

Not many plans this weekend. I think I may go by the store and the pet store on my way home tonight to pick up a few things and then I'll have the weekend to myself. Really looking forward to that. I may get a little more yard work done tomorrow morning. I still haven't heard anything from my yard man about finishing up the back yard, so I may do some of that, clean out the gardenia bush bed and trim the grapefruit trees. The roses also have to be done. I will be calling him again to find out what is going on and why he hasn't been back to do this stuff.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:04 AM   #6413
Gabfest Goddess

Hello from snowy NH. about 10 inches where it hasn't drifted - ugh. Heavy & wet. Still coming down.

Maxine, prayers, love & moral support for you as you travel this hard road that life has laid out for you.

Getting ready to make some cards - this will be the 3rd Saturday in a row that I have managed to find creative juices & be productive - woo hoo!!

I did my tax return this morning. Have been dreading it "what if I owe, etc." Turns out to be just fine! Would be getting a good sized refund, but IRS will keep it as I am paying my Ex's unpaid income tax debt as part of the divorce order. So, it will reduce that balance at least.

Peace, love & hugs to all of you!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 04-01-2017, 02:13 PM   #6414
Pearl-ExPert

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please say it isn't so! Yikes! It's suppose to be spring - not winter! Hope this is the last one for you for a long while though.

Storms are headed our way I'm afraid. Just hate those things where it's pitch dark outside and you can't see what's going to hit.......of course, it's not fun in the day either when you can see the mess!

Maxine, so sorry about your trip but I understand totally. Hopefully you can get there before you end up losing that air fare.

All is ok here - and no, Jeanette, I'm still not hiding anything. LOL! It's just ok. Could be better of course - but could also be a whole lot worse!!! So, I'm just trying to be thankful for an "ok".
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:39 PM   #6415
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello!!! I have been trying to keep up on digest....ya'll have such interesting lives! It is fun to hear all of your stories! Camping and traveling (or driving) and gardening- oh my! hehehehe

My sis offered to come for the weekend as her hubby was out of town. She was supposed to go as well, but could not because of her retinal tear.... They had booked a Yoga retreat a while back in Machu Picchu, and so her hubby went with her son (instead of her) and she came to my house. I stayed home Friday nite and visited, we went to a fish fry....then headed to Chicago on Saturday. We went to the Garfield Conservatory- beautiful but not in a great neighborhood. We snuck over to Chinatown, then checked into hotel. Our fun then started- we are so exciting, we fell asleep! LOL Next, went to eat with our daughter in the city. Came back watched a movie and drank a little wine, then hit the sack.... AM we got up, hit the hot tub, went to church and then walked all over Millennium Park.

We got home about 3:30. We visited with my sis who made salmon for Mom and Brussel sprouts (yum). After she left, Mom was starving , so I made her dinner (again).
Instead of watching the CMA's, we watched sports..... Cubs opener- they lost!

I am struggling to keep my eyes open, so will sign off- but will stop in tomorrow!

Shelly
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:26 AM   #6416

I had a GREAT weekend... the last VBS Training of the year went very well! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend, too!

Maxine, I'm so sorry about the crisis - whatever it was it must have been bad to scare your DH so. (((HUGS))) I love the you track your consumption. My DH does that too, which is easy, since Hot Sauce does it for us, we just have to look. I rarely look - because I figure it is what it is and I can't do anything about it anyway. This time I was curious because I make that trip often - and I've noticed the last few times I've made it I've had more gas left in the tank when I get home than I did the first few trips there with Hot Sauce.

Maggie, that is so strange about the problems you have with the link... because I saw (and purchased) dies from there. hmmm.... not sure what's happening.

Darlene, yikes! That's a lot of snow! I hope you're doing okay and staying in. So glad the taxes weren't bad. Would be nice to keep it, but I guess Uncle Sam says no.

Lynn, I hope you didn't have any trouble with the storms! Scary stuff happening, for sure! And that bus wreck in your state, too. So sad! I know a woman whose sister was one of the fatalities. Heartbreaking!

Shelly, that's awesome that your sister came and stayed with your mom so you and DH could get away - and Sleep!

Barb, you were a woman of few words while I was gone, did you just miss me too much???

Waving to everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:50 AM   #6417
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning! Two sick kids here As dad would have said "It's always something!"
(and what I said last week when I got my 3rd flat tire of the year! UGH!)

Sounds like everyone is doing well, continued prayers especially for Maxine and Shelly's mom.

Waving gently, as it's Monday ..........
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 04-03-2017, 05:57 AM   #6418
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! We too had a nice weekend as the weather was nice and we finally saw the sun too!!!!! We worked outside for a bit both days and had a dinner/dance fundraiser Saturday night with our church family for an orphanage in Cambodia. Our organist adopted a girl more than 10 years ago from there and we have been supporting them for a number of years. We are also dog sitting this week. I have a number of errands today, and it is rainy one. Have a Marvelous Monday!
Old 04-03-2017, 04:45 PM   #6419
Quacker Stamper

Popping on to say hi! Low and behold! The yard man cometh! Yes he did and he trimmed the grapefruit trees, the rose bushes, and the gardenia bush and cleaned up the weeds and stuff I pulled over the weekend and left on the ground. Uhh. . . what about the lawn??????? No, he didn't mow. Maybe he'll come back on Wednesday which is his regular day for mowing.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:48 PM   #6420
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Good Morning! Two sick kids here As dad would have said "It's always something!"
(and what I said last week when I got my 3rd flat tire of the year! UGH!)

Sounds like everyone is doing well, continued prayers especially for Maxine and Shelly's mom.

Waving gently, as it's Monday ..........
Sorry about the sick kids. I hope that it doesn't last too long and that you don't end up getting whatever they have. Too bad about the flat tire too. Glad that my car tells me when the air pressure goes low so I can have it looked at. I remember years ago when I bought my first car. It was a Toyota Tercel (a lemon). That thing used to get flat tires all the time. I had to be extra careful on the roads because the least little bump could cause it to blow out.
Save
Old 04-03-2017, 04:51 PM   #6421
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello!!! I have been trying to keep up on digest....ya'll have such interesting lives! It is fun to hear all of your stories! Camping and traveling (or driving) and gardening- oh my! hehehehe

My sis offered to come for the weekend as her hubby was out of town. She was supposed to go as well, but could not because of her retinal tear.... They had booked a Yoga retreat a while back in Machu Picchu, and so her hubby went with her son (instead of her) and she came to my house. I stayed home Friday nite and visited, we went to a fish fry....then headed to Chicago on Saturday. We went to the Garfield Conservatory- beautiful but not in a great neighborhood. We snuck over to Chinatown, then checked into hotel. Our fun then started- we are so exciting, we fell asleep! LOL Next, went to eat with our daughter in the city. Came back watched a movie and drank a little wine, then hit the sack.... AM we got up, hit the hot tub, went to church and then walked all over Millennium Park.

We got home about 3:30. We visited with my sis who made salmon for Mom and Brussel sprouts (yum). After she left, Mom was starving , so I made her dinner (again).
Instead of watching the CMA's, we watched sports..... Cubs opener- they lost!

I am struggling to keep my eyes open, so will sign off- but will stop in tomorrow!

Shelly
Glad you were able to get away for the weekend. I love your sis! I also love salmon and brussel sprouts. Not a lot of people do, at least not in my family. I guess sometimes your mom forgets that she's already eaten, but hey, at this stage of life, she ought to be allowed to eat whatever and whenever she wants!
Old 04-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #6422
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I had a GREAT weekend... the last VBS Training of the year went very well! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend, too!

Maxine, I'm so sorry about the crisis - whatever it was it must have been bad to scare your DH so. (((HUGS))) I love the you track your consumption. My DH does that too, which is easy, since Hot Sauce does it for us, we just have to look. I rarely look - because I figure it is what it is and I can't do anything about it anyway. This time I was curious because I make that trip often - and I've noticed the last few times I've made it I've had more gas left in the tank when I get home than I did the first few trips there with Hot Sauce.

Maggie, that is so strange about the problems you have with the link... because I saw (and purchased) dies from there. hmmm.... not sure what's happening.

Darlene, yikes! That's a lot of snow! I hope you're doing okay and staying in. So glad the taxes weren't bad. Would be nice to keep it, but I guess Uncle Sam says no.

Lynn, I hope you didn't have any trouble with the storms! Scary stuff happening, for sure! And that bus wreck in your state, too. So sad! I know a woman whose sister was one of the fatalities. Heartbreaking!

Shelly, that's awesome that your sister came and stayed with your mom so you and DH could get away - and Sleep!

Barb, you were a woman of few words while I was gone, did you just miss me too much???

Waving to everyone else!

Glad you had a great weekend.

Not sure what's with the website either, but it comes up with women's clothes every time.
Save
Old 04-03-2017, 04:59 PM   #6423
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please say it isn't so! Yikes! It's suppose to be spring - not winter! Hope this is the last one for you for a long while though.

Storms are headed our way I'm afraid. Just hate those things where it's pitch dark outside and you can't see what's going to hit.......of course, it's not fun in the day either when you can see the mess!

Maxine, so sorry about your trip but I understand totally. Hopefully you can get there before you end up losing that air fare.

All is ok here - and no, Jeanette, I'm still not hiding anything. LOL! It's just ok. Could be better of course - but could also be a whole lot worse!!! So, I'm just trying to be thankful for an "ok".
Our storms that we were supposed to have yesterday were a bust. We have a little rain early Sunday morning, then had thunderstorm and tornado warnings in the afternoon up until about 2:30 but nothing ever came close to us.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #6424
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, that's great about the yardman showing up finally! We finally got a guy to do ours....YEA! I don't have to do it at least for this year anyway. It was really a chore sometime and especially when I needed to be in the house too.

Shelly, your "exciting" time sounds like so much fun. LOL! Glad you had a little break though and did have fun on the weekend adventure.

The storms may have missed you Maggie but they sure got us! Tons of rain but no idea how much since the wind (they said up to 60 MPH) blew over the rain gauge. Just so much wind and rain. Thankfully though we didn't have the tornadoes. Suppose to have another round of this next week again too. Groan!

Jeanette, that accident you're talking about was only about 45 minutes from us. So very sad! It's a very winding and hilly road but no matter. From what we heard in one report, the young man driving the truck that hit the bus, was texting! Just horribly sad.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:33 PM   #6425
Mad Swapper

Please pray - Just back from the Dr's and we have some serious decisions to make regarding DH - he is going downhill much faster than we ever thought he would.
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:46 PM   #6426
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, I'm so sorry to hear this. Thinking of you and sending prayers.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:21 AM   #6427

'Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maxine, I am so sorry - those tough decisions are never good to deal with and the timing on this just stinks. I'm praying for you!!! and your DH and all of you who love him... as well as the medical team!

Lynn, that is so tragic about the accident - I had not heard about the texting. I feel so bad for him; he must be distraught, assuming his medical condition allows him to think/process. I've heard he's in critical condition. I also feel for the lone surviver of the church van. How horrible it must be to know you are the only one to have survived.

Maggie, that's sure strange... I guess you could buy some clothes.

Barb, your church fundraiser was a blessing, I'm sure! How awesome!

Kelly, ugh and (((hugs)))... praying the kiddos are feeling better and no more flat tires!

Leaving a trail of (((HUGS))) and Merriment

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:08 AM   #6428
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends! I hope you had a good Monday and an even better Tuesday! My day will be spent organizing and swapping the Music Swap cards and maybe taking them to the Post Office too. It is another rainy day, so a good one to stay in!
Old 04-04-2017, 06:09 AM   #6429
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maxine--sending prayers to your family in the difficult decisions that are to be made.

Maggie--that is good news that your yard man finally came!

Lynn--stay safe in the storms.

Jeanette--I would love to join you for soup!

Shelly--I love both salmon and Brussel sprouts! We order salmon direct from Alaska by the 50# box! Copper River Red is the best!

Kelly--can you send some sunshine my way?

Last edited by barbaralynn; 04-04-2017 at 06:29 AM..
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:48 AM   #6430

I'm going to the small city today - I kind of wish I weren't, since it's to rain here all day and I don't like shopping in the rain - but I already told SU demo I would be there for card class today and I also need to get some things in town that I can't get here locally... so off I'll go.

Have a GREAT day!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-05-2017, 06:39 AM   #6431
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Hump Day!

With all of the rain we have had lately, it seems that I have found a frog for hump day instead of a camel. Oh Well--it still brings a greeting to your Wednesday!
Old 04-05-2017, 07:42 AM   #6432
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Im awake - got my 'Bux and will head to the school soon to help out. The middle schoolers are putting on a playwriting show - they write/act/cast/choreograph/direct/etc ............ I'm in charge of concession stand .. so anyone needs snacks, hit me up!

Oh Maxine. Many prayers heading your way ~ thinking of you and sending lots of love.

Jeanette - enjoy your card class. Be sure to show us what you make. I'm glad it's sunshine here (yes, Barb - I will share with you and those that need it!)

I. do. not. like. driving. in. the. rain!

Waving to all!
Old 04-05-2017, 12:44 PM   #6433
Mad Swapper

Hi girls,
I am joining in the rain-fest down here, as we have had the remants of ex-tropical cyclone Debbi raining on us for the past two days...
DH had to go to the local ED yesterday to be rehydrated, but seems to be able to drink a bit better today... Waiting to hear from the big hospital to see when he can have a J-Peg placed (for direct to stomach fluids/nutrition) as swallowing is becoming problematic...
No crafting for me apart from the occasional colouring the past few days
Old 04-05-2017, 03:05 PM   #6434

Cute frog, Barb... but I like Smoochy better!

Kelly, I should have stopped by the concession stand... you would have given me good deal, right?

Maxine, sending lots of hugs and prayers your way... sounds like you've had a rough time lately.

I'm home...the day was good... though VERY wet. And the tornado warning sirens started blaring as soon as I pulled in our garage. All clear in that regard now, though still rainy.

Find Me on Instagram

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 04-05-2017 at 03:14 PM..
Old 04-06-2017, 04:46 AM   #6435

Just dropping by to say...

to all of my Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-06-2017, 07:09 AM   #6436
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies. I see the sun--yes, it is finally here!!!!!! I have a card class today at a friend's house and then some time in the stamp room. Our friends came home from the trip south 2 days early to pick up their dogs as the weather was to be horrible. They went to the Masters and watched the practice round on Tuesday. That was the only day the sun was shining as they canceled it Monday and Wednesday! When the forecast was for golf-ball sized hail and they took a new--2 day old--vehicle on the trip, they decided to head home. That was a long road trip for one day of watching golf.

Have a Terrific Thursday!!!
Old 04-06-2017, 07:09 AM   #6437
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maxine--sending you lots and lots of hugs and prayers!
Old 04-06-2017, 07:09 AM   #6438

Hi Barb... in the sunshine!

Yikes, I'd get my car out of there, too!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-06-2017, 10:01 AM   #6439
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good afternoon, girls!

I survived concession stands! Barely! Made nearly $600.00 in sales!!! The other lady didn't show up - another mom did her best to step in for a few minutes but had to leave to see the show and my line of customers grew as long as one at opening day at a theme park ride! Whew! But I smiled and told jokes and slung candies and drinks back and forth and realized ............................... I'm glad that' not my job!

Yep, J - woulda given you a great deal! And put you to work! LOL!

Maxine - cyclone?! I must turn on the news more. It's been so depressing - so much hurt and terror in the world, I just kept it off. Stay safe - and good thing your dh is holding strong. He has a good woman by his side ♥

Tornado sirens?!!!!!!!! Golf ball size hail? Goodness! Glad everyone is a-okay.

Sharing sunshine and hugs!
mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:21 PM   #6440
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Maggie, that's great about the yardman showing up finally! We finally got a guy to do ours....YEA! I don't have to do it at least for this year anyway. It was really a chore sometime and especially when I needed to be in the house too.

Shelly, your "exciting" time sounds like so much fun. LOL! Glad you had a little break though and did have fun on the weekend adventure.

The storms may have missed you Maggie but they sure got us! Tons of rain but no idea how much since the wind (they said up to 60 MPH) blew over the rain gauge. Just so much wind and rain. Thankfully though we didn't have the tornadoes. Suppose to have another round of this next week again too. Groan!

Jeanette, that accident you're talking about was only about 45 minutes from us. So very sad! It's a very winding and hilly road but no matter. From what we heard in one report, the young man driving the truck that hit the bus, was texting! Just horribly sad.
Sorry about the storms hitting you. We did have a lot of the wind here. It's beautiful here today, but the temps were in the high 40's overnight, so a brisk chlly day. I did get out and go across the street to do my walking. I'll be able to do it again tomorrow, but we get rain the early part of next week again!