Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-13-2017, 10:34 AM   #6321
Mad Swapper

Sorry to be a bit of a Monday bug here but I have DH back in hospital with stent problems - well that is what I am hoping it is.... The alternative doesn't bear thinking about. Not sure what is happening as yet as we arrived late yesterday. I am staying with the same stamping friend as last time.
Hugs and waves all around from down under.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-13-2017, 10:41 AM   #6322
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Maxine - prayers ascending! Please know that we are wrapping you in prayer and hope right along with you that the stent is just what dh needs. He's lucky to have you ♥

Maggie - your. marker. collection! Do you do play dates?! What a fun room you have - the adventurer in me wants to peek in all those bins and see what's behind door #3! (okay, dating myself .......... grew up on The Price is Right and Let's Make a Deal!

You may have already seen it, but I can finally let the cat out of the bag ........... I am Miss March - and I didn't have to put on a bikini or pose on a calendar! (good thing, I promise.) I'm a guest designer this month ♥ *huge smile*

https://sandcastlestamper.blogspot.c...-designer.html

Sharing hugs and sunshine!
DT:  The Project Bin
ksmile1978 likes this post.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:48 PM   #6323
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Maxine! I'm so sad to read this. Hope they can discover what the problem is quick and get it resolved. Hang in there! We'll all be saying a prayer for you.

Maggie, I LOVE that holder for the Raskog cart! I have one of the carts but where did you find the holder for the Copics? I've got to get something as mine are a mess and it's too hard to even find them anymore. I have them in the top of the cart but they're just there and that's all I can say. A wreck. I've tried everything! I don't have half as many as you though so if the holder takes up the whole top shelf of the cart like it appears, I really need another solution I guess. How does everyone else store their Copics???

Shelly, my son had excema on his hands when he was a child and it made him so miserable. The doctor said what it was, to be sure and keep his hands washed and clean - but don't get the excema wet! DUH!!!!!!!!! LOL!

All is well here I suppose. Still getting up every morning anyway. Still doing the PT exercises at home with weights now. Not fun but do it. Had an ingrown toenail taken care of last week and they had to take about a fourth of the entire nail top to bottom. I won't go into it all but let me tell you.........if you ever have one either get the procedure done early and don't put it off for several months like I did - or just shoot yourself in the foot and be done with it. LOL! So, with tendonitis in the right foot and this gigantic bandage on the toe on the left foot I'm hobbling around like I'm about 180 years old. Life WILL get better though..............
Old 03-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #6324
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, YAY! I'm so happy to see your gorgeous Raskog! Did you get that insert at Ikea? FUN!!!

Darlene, I hope the snow storm isn't too bad. Did you get to play a while this weekend?

Shelly, my heart hurts for you and your family - I'm sure the weekend had its sad moments, though you did seem to have some family time, too. That's good

Maxine, you are such a good cheerleader! YAY! Congrats to Maggie!

Waving to everyone else!

My weekend was FABULOUS! I hope yours was, too. The Children's Ministry Day event was a huge success! I was so excited to be a part of that!

Now, it's time for a new week. This week is our third of four VBS Workshops... so I'll be gone Friday/Saturday... and I have two meetings today. That means I have a lot to do in a short week's time. :roll eyes:

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
No, Jeanette it didn't come from IKEA. If so, I would have had to put it together myself. Here is a link to TJ & Things. https://www.etsy.com/shop/TJandThings
Save
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 03-13-2017, 04:15 PM   #6325
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Sorry to be a bit of a Monday bug here but I have DH back in hospital with stent problems - well that is what I am hoping it is.... The alternative doesn't bear thinking about. Not sure what is happening as yet as we arrived late yesterday. I am staying with the same stamping friend as last time.
Hugs and waves all around from down under.
So sorry Maxine to hear that DH's issues have him back in the hospital. I hope that they can figure it out so he can go home soon.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:18 PM   #6326
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Maxine - prayers ascending! Please know that we are wrapping you in prayer and hope right along with you that the stent is just what dh needs. He's lucky to have you ♥

Maggie - your. marker. collection! Do you do play dates?! What a fun room you have - the adventurer in me wants to peek in all those bins and see what's behind door #3! (okay, dating myself .......... grew up on The Price is Right and Let's Make a Deal!

You may have already seen it, but I can finally let the cat out of the bag ........... I am Miss March - and I didn't have to put on a bikini or pose on a calendar! (good thing, I promise.) I'm a guest designer this month ♥ *huge smile*

https://sandcastlestamper.blogspot.c...-designer.html

Sharing hugs and sunshine!
I would love for any of you to come play in my room.

Congrats on the DT position for March. I did see on your blog. I'm sure it will be a fun time.
Save
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #6327
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Oh Maxine! I'm so sad to read this. Hope they can discover what the problem is quick and get it resolved. Hang in there! We'll all be saying a prayer for you.

Maggie, I LOVE that holder for the Raskog cart! I have one of the carts but where did you find the holder for the Copics? I've got to get something as mine are a mess and it's too hard to even find them anymore. I have them in the top of the cart but they're just there and that's all I can say. A wreck. I've tried everything! I don't have half as many as you though so if the holder takes up the whole top shelf of the cart like it appears, I really need another solution I guess. How does everyone else store their Copics???

Shelly, my son had excema on his hands when he was a child and it made him so miserable. The doctor said what it was, to be sure and keep his hands washed and clean - but don't get the excema wet! DUH!!!!!!!!! LOL!

All is well here I suppose. Still getting up every morning anyway. Still doing the PT exercises at home with weights now. Not fun but do it. Had an ingrown toenail taken care of last week and they had to take about a fourth of the entire nail top to bottom. I won't go into it all but let me tell you.........if you ever have one either get the procedure done early and don't put it off for several months like I did - or just shoot yourself in the foot and be done with it. LOL! So, with tendonitis in the right foot and this gigantic bandage on the toe on the left foot I'm hobbling around like I'm about 180 years old. Life WILL get better though..............
Found the Copic holder on Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/shop/TJandThings

I keep little pots on my second shelf for all my pencils and my Wink of Stellas. I had room for one Copic plastic container for the other 3 gray collections. I love it. It does take up the whole top shelf.

I, too, have eczema. I'm sensitive to glycerin. Mostly I get it on my legs here and there. I have found out that if I put Eucerin cream on it right after my shower before toweling off, that it helps the itch and helps dry it out. G figure.

Yikes sorry about the toe. Mine bothers me sometimes, but I keep it cut so it doesn't get too long and stuck.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #6328
Quacker Stamper

Wish I could stay home and play in my stamp room, but I need to go help one of our families in church with some family history stuff.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:31 PM   #6329
Insane Embellisher

Hi everyone,

Trying to skim and catch up again.

We could use a few prayers here. Every time I went to post about this, I'd have to walk away from the computer. My DH has been having issues with his eyes since the fall due to his Type 1 diabetes. He started getting shots and laser treatments to stop the bleeding and prevent future bleeding. He hasn't been able to see out of his right eye well since mid-January and today had surgery to fix that. Surgery went very well, however they had to put a gas bubble in his eye to prevent the retina from detaching in a few spots. He has to keep his face down and tonight sleep on his right side. He is finding it very difficult to keep his head down.

We are expecting a blizzard tomorrow - anywhere from a foot to two feet along with crazy winds. So no follow up appointment tomorrow. The doctor will call us and I have to play nurse, take the bandage off and put 4 different drops in his eye - not sure how many times a day yet. Then Wednesday I can take him for a follow up, assuming we can get out. My mom and stepdad are going to come down and help me dig out. Mom is off this week so she sat with me at the hospital today. We were there from 10-3:30. I am so fortunate they are only up the street to help out.

Maxine - praying the doctors can get your DH fixed up with his stent. Hugs!
Old 03-13-2017, 06:38 PM   #6330
Pearl-ExPert

Kristi! Thinking of you too now. Prayers sent!

Also, stay safe with that blizzard coming. So hard me me to even imagine a blizzard at all.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:44 PM   #6331
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Kristi! Thinking of you too now. Prayers sent!

Also, stay safe with that blizzard coming. So hard me me to even imagine a blizzard at all.
Thank you, Lynn!
Old 03-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #6332
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi everyone,

Trying to skim and catch up again.

We could use a few prayers here. Every time I went to post about this, I'd have to walk away from the computer. My DH has been having issues with his eyes since the fall due to his Type 1 diabetes. He started getting shots and laser treatments to stop the bleeding and prevent future bleeding. He hasn't been able to see out of his right eye well since mid-January and today had surgery to fix that. Surgery went very well, however they had to put a gas bubble in his eye to prevent the retina from detaching in a few spots. He has to keep his face down and tonight sleep on his right side. He is finding it very difficult to keep his head down.

We are expecting a blizzard tomorrow - anywhere from a foot to two feet along with crazy winds. So no follow up appointment tomorrow. The doctor will call us and I have to play nurse, take the bandage off and put 4 different drops in his eye - not sure how many times a day yet. Then Wednesday I can take him for a follow up, assuming we can get out. My mom and stepdad are going to come down and help me dig out. Mom is off this week so she sat with me at the hospital today. We were there from 10-3:30. I am so fortunate they are only up the street to help out.

Maxine - praying the doctors can get your DH fixed up with his stent. Hugs!
Kristi, so sorry to hear about your DH. Another blogging friend just posted yesterday that her sister had this, only she had to lay on her left side for 10-14 days! And she was only allowed to get up for 5 minutes I think every 2 hours. That's crazy! How do you eat or use the restroom in 5 minutes?? I hope that he has a quick recovery and all will be well for him. Saying prayers.

Sorry about the terrible weather too. It's a little chilly here, but at least no snow!

Old 03-13-2017, 07:53 PM   #6333
Mad Swapper

Hi - the endoscopy has been delayed until tomorrow - DH is not a happy camper!! I am just chugging along as I know hospitals are a law unto themselves 😃
mschoener likes this post.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:08 AM   #6334
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Yesterday was a very l-o-n-g day...
so it sure seems like it should be later than Tuesday.

Maxine, I am sorry to hear that DH is in the hospital where his patience is being tested. I know you being there with him brings him some peace/comfort. I'm praying for both of you!

Lynn, oh my! That must have been a horrible situation with your toe. Makes me hurt just to think about it. PLEASE take care of yourself! (((HUGS)))

Kristie, that sounds scary about your DH... praying that he can do what he needs to do and that healing will be complete! Yikes! The timing though... right before such a storm. I'm glad you have help!

Maggie, I've seen that Copic holder on etsy... it looks fabulous in your cart! My Copics are in the top bin of my Raskog, in 12 little metal cups, divided by color family. That works for me - and was cheap. I don't suppose I'll be changing my storage any time soon.

Kelly, woo hoo! Congratulations!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 03-14-2017, 05:17 AM   #6335
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Friends. We got about 6 inches of snow here but amounts varied around us as along the lake, they got over a foot. It snowed all day yesterday--many times very light and other times, quite heavy. I did not leave the house nor do I plan to today as I canceled a lunch date with my former Superintendent. I hope you have a good one!
Old 03-14-2017, 05:18 AM   #6336
SCS RAK Coordinator

I am sending gentle hugs and prayers to Maxine, Kristie and Lynn--and their families too! I hope we hear good news from all of you....................
mschoener, Forest Ranger and Kiwime like this post.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:30 AM   #6337

I am going to be gone Friday/Saturday and I have a lot of DT cards to make (plus I'm in the middle of that 30-Day Coloring Challenge). I still have a lot to do. EEK! Time is running out. If you need me, I'll be in my Working Studio today.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-15-2017, 07:17 AM   #6338
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning - dashing through on this chilly Miami day (50* here - days ago it was 89* - go figure!) Hiliarious to see all the jackets and scarves at the schools. Lightweights! LOL!

Hugs and prayers for Maxine and Kristie's dhs!

Lynn - had one of those - in fact, walking around Spain! We were on vacation for 2 weeks and I about DID want to shoot myself in the foot! Dh managed to find me a spanish hospital and whatever that Dr did, by 2 days later I was like nothing had happened ... Bless. his. heart.

Bouncing between getting DT/GDT cards made, finishing my 30 Day coloring challenge image stamping to have those ready, getting 25ish kits together for the end of the month *gasp*, still tackling this house after our LOVELY indoor pool remodel, and the upcoming drama show events at school volunteering - whew!

Got my 'Bux bright and early this morning so I'm ready!
Old 03-15-2017, 07:25 AM   #6339

Kelly, your a wonder woman!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-15-2017, 10:41 AM   #6340
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon Friends! I had an early morning Humane Society meeting and then I had some errands--clothes returns and grocery shopping. I am running through the threads and then I am heading to the stamp room to finish one last swap that is due on the 20th. I also need to swap out the WS/PB Animal cards to be able to send those on their way tomorrow. Have a Fantastic Day!
Old 03-15-2017, 11:29 AM   #6341
Mad Swapper

We. Are. HOME!!?!
Nothing to report other than we go back next Thursday for the endoscopy - it's been booked in. Long story short - the best option. Meantime it's fluids only for DH. I had to rehydrate him, and now to keep him hydrated... I had hoped to do the 30 colouring challenge this time around -yeah right 😁😂😁
mcschmidty, mschoener and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #6342

Welcome home, Maxine and DH!

I hope your afternoon is fun, Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-15-2017, 04:58 PM   #6343
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
We. Are. HOME!!?!
Nothing to report other than we go back next Thursday for the endoscopy - it's been booked in. Long story short - the best option. Meantime it's fluids only for DH. I had to rehydrate him, and now to keep him hydrated... I had hoped to do the 30 colouring challenge this time around -yeah right 😁😂😁
Glad you got to come home Maxine. Sending up prayers that all goes well next week.
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:10 PM   #6344
SCS RAK Coordinator

Glad you are home Maxine and I too continue to pray for both of you!
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:44 AM   #6345

I'm going to be gone the next two days
so thought I'd go ahead and say

and YES! I am ready for kite-flying weather
not that I'll be flying a kite, you understand,
I just want that kind of weather.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-16-2017, 05:26 AM   #6346
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends! Happy Thursday! I did accomplish a lot the past week as I had 11 sets of swap cards due between the 18th and 20th--four of them had 10 cards--and they are all done--ready to go to the post office today! After my treadmill time this morning, I will organize, record and swap out the animal WS/PB cards to mail today too. I have another early morning meeting tomorrow morning, so I will not be on SCS until later in the afternoon. Have a great day!
Old 03-16-2017, 05:29 AM   #6347

WOW! Barb is Super Woman!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-17-2017, 06:58 AM   #6348
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

We got a PROM DRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It only took 7 hours - two counties - 100+ miles - massive points on the fit bit - TWO Starbucks and some tears (mine) later but my mini me found THE dress! She looked absolutely beautiful and even though it's daughter #3 and not my first rodeo, it's touching and sweet. Hard to see them grow up! You can see my traditional picture on Facebook but she didn't want to reveal THE dress just yet

Maxine, happy that you are home! That's the best place and receovery is so much more comfortable! Keep coloring, friend! It's therapeutic it's just about the process - if you skip a day, keep going!

We have a jam packed weekend, but we WILL be heading to see Beauty and the Beast, too! I'm going with my daughter ~ same daughter as above, LOL. It's actually the 8th grade drama play this month (my son is in 6th, but we support the cast in other grades) so it's good to see it acted as well as the on screen Hollywood version.

I have managed to color, color, color for the 30 Day challenge but not much else so I have GOT to squeeze in some card making sometime soon! I keep them tucked into a box - it's already half full - as I color for the day and then one day they will be a card I'm in NO rush .... that's not the point Plus, I have to figure out a birthday card for my dd22's bf - his bday/party is Sunday and I'm clueless as to what to do for his card!

So, I'm behind and will catch up on blogs - this weekend is massively packed but I need to get so much done so here's a hug and here's to not getting pinched!

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 03-17-2017 at 07:08 AM..
Old 03-17-2017, 06:07 PM   #6349
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

We got a PROM DRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It only took 7 hours - two counties - 100+ miles - massive points on the fit bit - TWO Starbucks and some tears (mine) later but my mini me found THE dress! She looked absolutely beautiful and even though it's daughter #3 and not my first rodeo, it's touching and sweet. Hard to see them grow up! You can see my traditional picture on Facebook but she didn't want to reveal THE dress just yet

Maxine, happy that you are home! That's the best place and receovery is so much more comfortable! Keep coloring, friend! It's therapeutic it's just about the process - if you skip a day, keep going!

We have a jam packed weekend, but we WILL be heading to see Beauty and the Beast, too! I'm going with my daughter ~ same daughter as above, LOL. It's actually the 8th grade drama play this month (my son is in 6th, but we support the cast in other grades) so it's good to see it acted as well as the on screen Hollywood version.

I have managed to color, color, color for the 30 Day challenge but not much else so I have GOT to squeeze in some card making sometime soon! I keep them tucked into a box - it's already half full - as I color for the day and then one day they will be a card I'm in NO rush .... that's not the point Plus, I have to figure out a birthday card for my dd22's bf - his bday/party is Sunday and I'm clueless as to what to do for his card!

So, I'm behind and will catch up on blogs - this weekend is massively packed but I need to get so much done so here's a hug and here's to not getting pinched!
Oh, the memories - shopping with my teenage girls! Talk about tears. Glad that she was able to find the perfect one.

I don't know how you can just color and not put it on a card. I usually have to know what dp I'm going to use or what colors before I can color my image.

Tomorrow I go to pick up the appraisal on my coins. From what they have told me, the appraisal will not be more than my insurance deductible, so no reimbursement from them, but I will be able to take a credit for the loss on my income tax. Not the same, but something anyway. I'm anxious to see what the appraisal looks like.

I'm planning to do some work in my flower beds, like ripping out all the dead plants and flowers that got frozen months ago. I'm a little annoyed that my yard man hasn't cleaned them out yet. I pay him extra every month to do this. I'm planning to give him a call too.

Sunday I have dinner at my DD's. The rest of the time, work in my stamp room. Still working on unmounting and organizing.
SaveSave
Old 03-18-2017, 10:45 AM   #6350
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon. I had a long day yesterday, after staying up late Thursday night to watch the Badgers win in the NCAA tournament. I was out of the house by 6:30 yesterday morning and drove through some rain and heavy traffic for a meeting. After the meeting, I then stopped by a new retreat location--less than 6 months old--that my demo Sarah has rented for three days, along with some other stampers. It is beautiful and Sarah has booked it for next February already as the month of March is very busy for some of her "regular" stampers who would like to come--me included! I am coming down with a cold, so I stayed home from our monthly church card gathering last night. Today, I am watching basketball all day-night, as the women's and men's college tournament is going on along with the state boys high school championships. Sitting on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket, and chillin''!
Old 03-18-2017, 06:17 PM   #6351
Quacker Stamper

Looks like the CONGRATULATIONS are for Maxine this time! You're a winner over at the Colour Crazy Craft challenge.!

Way to go MAXINE!
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:52 PM   #6352
Mad Swapper

Thanks for letting me know Maggie - being out of circulation and then behind on things I am missing some of the challenge results!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:36 AM   #6353
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Afternoon. I had a long day yesterday, after staying up late Thursday night to watch the Badgers win in the NCAA tournament. I was out of the house by 6:30 yesterday morning and drove through some rain and heavy traffic for a meeting. After the meeting, I then stopped by a new retreat location--less than 6 months old--that my demo Sarah has rented for three days, along with some other stampers. It is beautiful and Sarah has booked it for next February already as the month of March is very busy for some of her "regular" stampers who would like to come--me included! I am coming down with a cold, so I stayed home from our monthly church card gathering last night. Today, I am watching basketball all day-night, as the women's and men's college tournament is going on along with the state boys high school championships. Sitting on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket, and chillin''!
Sorry about the cold. Hope you are feeling better. What fun to go on a stamping retreat. I always enjoyed the ones that I went on. Where is the new place? We always had a hard time finding places. Hope to meet up with some stampers this year.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:37 AM   #6354
Quacker Stamper

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in H Town. I started out at the US Coins place to get my appraisal for the stolen coins. It is not more than the deductible on my house but I will be able to use it as a loss on my income tax, which I have to finish up now that I have this information. I'm not really surprised because a lot of the coins were ones that I purchased that are only worth face value.

I did spend some time outside cleaning up about 1/2 of the old pots of milkweed that got frozen this winter. I also called my yard man to find out when he was going to come clean out the flower beds. This is something that he's supposed to be doing when he comes twice a month. He told me he had me scheduled for Monday. I don't know if he did before I called, but at least he does now. I still have more work to do and hope I can get it done next Saturday. I also was able to get the hutch cleaned out and ready for this year.

I have dinner over at DD's house tonight.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:54 AM   #6355
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Sunday. My cold is still here and I am really coughing, so I stayed home from church as we were to be at a table for a coffee grower we support during an indoor farmer's market this morning for 4 hours. I did not think I was up to it, nor did I want to cough in front of everyone else........ The Wisconsin Badgers had the upset of the day yesterday, taking down #1 Villanova! They are now onto the Sweet 16--four years in a row and that is a record! No plans today--just hoping to get better. I did get a z-pack prescription yesterday morning from my doctor and I know that is helping!
Old 03-19-2017, 08:55 AM   #6356
SCS RAK Coordinator

It is really, really cute. It is in a town, just north of Madison.

Gather Creative Studio & Guest House | Wisconsin's Premier Getaway

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Sorry about the cold. Hope you are feeling better. What fun to go on a stamping retreat. I always enjoyed the ones that I went on. Where is the new place? We always had a hard time finding places. Hope to meet up with some stampers this year.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:38 PM   #6357
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving hello!

It was a nutty week last week with 3 doc appts for Mom and a couple of very early AM's!

I had my neighbor over for Corned Beef and Cabbage (YUM) on Thursday. It was just delicious : ) We get ours from the cow we butcher, and no one we split the cow with wants any, so we get it all! And, since the cows are not stressed out waiting in line and not being fed or dehydrated...the meat is not really tough- so delicious : ) He is Irish like we are- she is Italian.

I had an ESL training all day yesterday, got home and took a short nap- which I never do, but was just wiped out. We had a B-day and St Patrick's party last night- college friends. It is 1 1/2 hours each way..... but good friends (from college), so we went with smiles on. Mom stayed her with a Care Companion. We gor home at 1:30 and she was still up. I could not get her into bed until 3AM.... Glory be! She was up at 7:30 this AM...... so, hoping for an early night tonight.

I am going to TRY to get some crafting time tonight- wish me luck!

I have an idea-I saw something where you get the boxes from the store the Green beans and the like are in- (just the bottom of the box- like 2" or so deep-paint them white, then a large tree painted or glued on- if you have a cutting machine like a Silhouette..... then make a scene with grass and bunnies and Easter Eggs. I saw this and would love to do it for Esse Day Care, just need to figure out painting all of the boxes..... Might be alot of work, but I am going to give it a try......

Maxine- Wahoo- congrats on your win! Keeping you and hubby in prayers.
Why the heck do you have to wait a week to get in? Can hubby tolerate liquids like Ensure or a drink with lots of nutrients like that???

Jeanette- I don't know how you get all of those cards done!!! I like the idea of bible journaling, but just cannot write in a bible....and the Catholic journaling Bible is $70.00...... I love seeing whet you are coming up with though. I have purchased a few sets of stamps, just gotta get them inky!

Kelly- glad your daughter found her Prom dress- Stephi did not go, but I remember shopping with Katie for hours! The big dress store here is by Midway airport, and they keep tabs on what school the kids are from, and will not sell the same dress to 2 kids from the same school. Let us know what you think of BATB- I want to go!

Lynn, keeping you in thoughts and prayers! Back issues and their later on problems are no fun!

Kristi- will keep your hubby in prayers! My sister Eileen just had a detached retina- had to lay on her Lt side with only 5 minutes up per hour, or flat on her back with her head to the Lt.... She had laser surgery on Friday a week ago...and Friday was told she could stay laying 2 hours, up two hours- Yeah!!! Hope hubby does OK with his bleeding into the eye and that it is controlled with minimal vision loss!

Maggie- to bad about your coin collection loss and all- that is really too bad. Any leads on catching the person that took it?
When do you start the milkweed and butterfly hatching? So I can keep an eye out for pics on FB : )

Barb- what a fun place for a crafting retreat! I love this idea! Looks like you did not get too bad of a snowfall. We did not know what to expect, just got a dusting- 3" at most. Hope your cold improves speedily. A terrible time to be stuck in the house- with the March Madness : ) Hope you are up to watching! We watched Ky beat MSU this afternoon....! Wow, the Ky team is fast- and the most points scored- freshman!

Signing off- will take Mom to dinner- this is my Dad's birthday : ) He would have been 89 today. We will have cake and some Ice Cream!

Waving hello to all!!!

Shelly
Old 03-19-2017, 06:49 PM   #6358
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
It is really, really cute. It is in a town, just north of Madison.

Gather Creative Studio & Guest House | Wisconsin's Premier Getaway
That looks like an awesome place to get together! I'm bookmarking it.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:01 PM   #6359
Quacker Stamper

Had a nice dinner and fun games at DD's house. First we played Uno Rummey-O. I've never played it before. Was lots of fun and I almost won! My DD tell my DGS to get another game that won't take too long, so what does he bring down - SORRY! Hahaha! At the end it was a race to see who would get their last pawn in first. My DGD was the winner!

Shelly, you are amazing with all you do and to drive 3 hours round trip to go to a party. I think I'd have to pass. What is the ESL training for? Can't wait to see your little Easter scene if you get them done. I don't think they have any leads on the crooks, but I probably won't hear unless they catch them with the coins an that is probably not realistic. I'm sure they are long gone by now.

I just got the hutch cleaned out yesterday and the yard man will come tomorrow to finish cleaning out the flower beds. I checked Journey North and they are just starting to get ready to depart from Mexico. I don't have any flowers yet for them to get nectar from so I probably won't be ready for a few weeks yet, maybe a month.

I'm sure it is a bittersweet day for all of you. Enjoy your dinner out. Will there be cake???
Old 03-19-2017, 08:28 PM   #6360
Mad Swapper

Yesterday I sent out a couple of emails - one through the hospital complaints service about the overall treatment, and one to the nurse at the gastro clinic - What action today!!! Formal complaint acknowledged, and a booking for tomorrow for the endoscopic procedure, thanks to a cancellation!! That does mean a very early start (alarms set for 4:30 a.m. - but heck, at least we will know what is happening down there!!

I have read the thread and generally do keep up even if I don't comment much at the moment - the joys of a smart phone.

Waving to you all from a distinctly autumnal Down Under!!