Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-02-2017, 05:43 AM   #6281
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Friends! We had a snow storm roll through yesterday and got a few inches here and a half of foot just north of us. Strange Weather continues into March! We won the chili cook-off last night at church-yay for us! We got a gift certificate to the restaurant that our organist owns along with a bowl "trophy"! I have a card class this morning and a stop to pick up some new glasses--I will be stylin'! Have a Terrific Thursday!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:55 AM   #6282
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I'm heading out in a couple of hours - VBS Workshop #2 is this weekend. Drive two hours and set up today. Lead workshop and drive home again tomorrow.

So... since I don't get on the computer on Sundays, I'll see you again on Monday morning!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 03-03-2017, 05:27 AM   #6283
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! Happy, Happy Friday! It is finally the end of the week--I don't know about you, but this has been a very long week.......... I am have a few errands this morning and then hostess club this afternoon. Then, time in the stamp room as I have quite a few swaps to finish in the next week or so! I hope you have a Fantastic Day and a great weekend! I am taking a watercolor class tomorrow morning at Gina K's store and then I think I am going to a stamp show in Rockford, IL, after that. I have never been to it and I would like to check it out.
ksmile1978 likes this post.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:00 AM   #6284

Barb, I'd love to take a watercolor class! I see so many wonderful watercolor cards... and my skills are definitely lacking. I need help!

It sure has been quiet here while I've been gone. Where is everyone???

I had a GREAT weekend. My VBS Workshop went smoothly. Smaller numbers this week than last, but knew to expect that due to the location. (This is my third year on the team, so I've learned what to expect.) Then was home for about 30 minutes Saturday before heading to a church in our association. They were doing a fundraiser for a group that is going to Haiti on a mission trip. It was a music program with local talents. It was very good... but long. We didn't get home until nearly 10:00. And I still had to color/make a card... so I could keep up with the 30 Day Coloring Challenge. It meant for a late night, but that is okay. Then yesterday was church and church and also some coloring and card making.

Today is busy. My DH has a huge - day long - training at his office. I'm to help with beverages. Then of course I am Brock's everything this evening... *gasp! I have shaving duty. But I'll also have time to color! YAY!

What are your plans for this day? I hope whatever they are... you find time to do what you like to do, too!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:16 AM   #6285
Pearl-ExPert

Check in here! All is ok...........Hope everyone is ready for another wonderful week.

Questions about Instagram for those that do this. How do you link a card to say like that Color Challenge deal or whatever? Do you use your phone or iPad to take the pictures with and if so how do you crop them and all that? Can you watermark them?

Gosh, I'm just full of questions this morning!
Old 03-06-2017, 05:25 AM   #6286
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! I did have a wonderful Saturday. The watercolor class was very good--it was taught by Kathy, my favorite coloring lady. I have taken many classes from her in the past with Copics and colored pencils--plus she has even been to my house to teach a personal class to some of my SCS friends. I was not sure if I was going to go to the Rockford show or not, but I received a text while I was in class from LJ in Madison asking if I was going as she would meet me there! So, off I went! Thanks LJ! It was the Stamp Scrap Art Tour and it was nice. It is a small show, maybe 20 some vendors--but some who I have not seen before. I got a few nice sentiment stamps and also bought a foil kit with a laminator--that is my new toy to play with!

Yesterday I played in the stamp room and this morning I am off to a class at Sarah's--called a Soft Place to Land. We will be using the new SU brayers and will get a pack as part of our class fee--fun! Then, home and more time in the stamp room as I have a boat load of swaps due next week and I will be gone to Green Bay for the state girls basketball tournament this Thursday-Sunday. I have a lot to get done in three days!

I hope you have a fantastic day!

Last edited by barbaralynn; 03-06-2017 at 05:52 AM..
Old 03-06-2017, 07:36 AM   #6287
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh friends, a wonderful praise! DD's boyfriend passed his LSAT exam and with points to spare! I was so worried for him, but he got his results (and on his mama's birthday!) and he's in a very good space for law school admission. His main concern was a high enough score to apply here in Miami - as, heaven forbid, dd/bf be apart for more than 5 minutes!! LOL!! C'est le amour ♥

They went to the Keys with their 'squad' to celebrate, my boys repainted my son's room - you can see his color choice on my blog today! I was SO worried when I saw them come home with a bunch of swatches of blues and browns but kept quiet. He's 12. He can chose his own room color - lol. The blue is gorgeous - it's yacht blue, and has a very nautical look to it. Great eye for color - hmmm, wonder where he gets that from? ROFL!

I colored all weekend! I was a little out of sorts and just holed up at my craft desk and enjoyed the therapy of coloring and coloring and COLORING!

What I am not enjoying is the mess in my house! It looks like we are moving! Boxes and furniture everywhere - they had to paint/let it dry and shampoo the carpets, etc so I have to drink my coffee, find my zen, drink more coffee, color .........

I got a call back from my new DR - I really like her! She called me on Sunday - while in Sunday school! Who. does. that. Well, she's on the ball and I am so pleased I found her ......... got some things to change, that's for sure. This girl is on a diet! There, I said it. Publicly. LOL.
Tomorrow I am going for xrays - ugh. Both of my hips don't work so well ... I actually limp from time to time. I was dx with arthritis at 18! So I kinda new by my 40's, I'd be in trouble. And I am. And I'm only in my 40's for another 3 weeks! YIKES!

I hope everyone is well! That's my novel for the day ........ I need to let the dogs take ME for a walk now that the rain has stopped

Blessings, all!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 03-06-2017, 07:46 AM   #6288
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn - I have done the 30 Day challenge for several rotations now and have always used my iPhone! You have to have the IG ap and I use photo text for my watermarking. It's super easy! You upload your photos to your IG gallery and you can edit from there or have your already edited photo on standby. Just use the # for whatever you want to 'advertise' it too!

If you want to use your pc, you can pull up IG from there and upload right from your gallery. Again, just add the # after your photo. Join in! It's great fun!!!
Old 03-07-2017, 04:16 AM   #6289

Kelly, you are so smart! DD gave me a few tips on IG, but I can't remember how to edit, so I have just been putting in the unedited card for the color challenge. And I don't know how to watermark pictures on my phone either. I need help - lots and lots of help. I'm glad you like your new doctor... but ugh on the "D" word!

Barb, sounds like lots of fun for you this past weekend. Awesome!

Lynn, how are you?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-07-2017, 06:34 AM   #6290
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! We had a storm roll through here last night--and it was pretty loud at 1:00 am! Today is another stamping day as I did finish one swap of 10 cards and started coloring another set of images. I also had a good time at the brayer class yesterday and the new SU sponge brayers are pretty fun to use!

I hope you have a Terrific Tuesday!!!!
Old 03-07-2017, 07:43 AM   #6291
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

So how's er'body this morning!!! LOL! My kids are at school, traffic was mostly light, and dogs walked me super early

I had an appt today for Xrays but then my daughter told me she's at a chorus show after school until 9 pm (judging competetion, no parents) so that means I only pick up my son at 3:50 - wait, what? I get the WHOLE AFTERNOON free? And I have an appt? *dials and reschedules!*

Got my S'Bux, markers and guess who's taking a ME day!
This. girl. right. here!

Jeanette, I know - but the scales are not my friend! Downright scary! So it's time to make some changes - I lose 5 pounds, gain 7 ... yikes!

Stay safe up there, girls, with the storms - and glad you are both okay. I turned CNN off about 20 minutes ago - I'd seen enough! And today is about sunshine anyway - right?!!

x0
Old 03-07-2017, 10:47 AM   #6292
Pearl-ExPert

First of all, big congrats for you DD"s boyfriend Kelly! Great accomplishment and I know he'll do great getting in wherever he wants. I can imagine how excited he was after seeing my son when he passed his the first go round. He's been an attorney how for a bunch of years and recently made partner in the firm. Don't know how they live in Dallas with all that traffic but they love it.

I have the Instagram on my phone and iPad and see everyone's photos, etc. and that's my total knowledge on the whole thing. LOL! My daughter is suppose to be here next month so will have to get her to show me what you're talking about. No fun getting old and having to learn all this technical stuff you know.
Thanks for the info!

All is ok here Jeanette. Pretty well day to day with Jim in a lot of ways but we're hanging in there. I've lost too much weight (sorry Kelly) but am slowly gaining some of it back now. I'm down to the same size I was in college or right out of high school so that's been a challenge in order not to have to buy more clothes. Too much stress will make you lose weight in a heartbeat - but not a good way at all to lose it either!
Old 03-07-2017, 02:10 PM   #6293
Mad Swapper

Hmmm - all this talk 'bout weight - I don't like it - it (the weight) likes me too much - I am sure DH is sending it from him to me. Life continues a bit of a roller coaster ride - not sure if it is the stent or something else giving hassles, but after a few days of being reasonable it is not looking very good again...
I was going to colour everyday this time around, but have failed miserably - there just seems to be so much to do.
I am taking some 'me' time this afternoon and having my hair cut - I schedule ahead each time so I don't put it off - I have never had my hair cut so often as the past few years since I started this .
Good to see you here Lynn - waving frantically through the rain
Kelly you enjoy your ME day too
Jeanette I love all your graphics and cheery comments
Barb I am in awe of how much you get to do - enjoy your inky day.
Maggie I hope all is well in your world
Shelly how are you and your Mum doing?
Kel and Kristie trust you too are also doing well

Waving to you all from a damp down under - Autumn is making itself felt after anapology for a summer.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #6294
Mad Swapper

Oh and sorry I am not commenting mush these days - time and I are at loggerheads and I just don't get online much.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:01 PM   #6295
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi ladies!

I have been keeping up with the thread on the phone via mail threads, but not popping in too much to comment. We are finally over the worst of the coughing here! Yeah! Mom is doing OK- she is overdue for an IV infusion of a med she gets for her arthritis, and I can really see she is miserable, and yet she never complains..... she does not celebrate her pain- wow! We have a family that is falling apart - well 1//2 of it. My older sis has a torn retina, what a crazy scenerio....brother has pneumonia...one had a dental implant and is having crazy sinus issues! Stephi has a back issue- it is acting up. Katie is all stressed out- her charter school in Chicago is going to strike 3/17 if their demands are not met- they have been working without a contract this year.... (they really do work for not a ton of money).....

But all is well here..... I have been taking Mom to different facilities to pick a day care- she like the one she is at.... That is fine with me. We also hired a young lady (30 something) to come every other weekend so we can go out. We went out with friends last Saturday and went back to their home for beers. It was nice...Mom got along quite well with the young lady. Wow- I am going to sign up- Mom does not require much care- and we pay $15.00 /hr. I am told that is how much it costs to get a babysitter now- wow- inflation! Watching TV and coloring and getting paid- cool!

We have rescheduled all of Mom's appts for this week and next and already had a few, so she is going to be a busy woman. One of my 'well' brothers (LOL) is coming with family for visit this weekend, so it will be a busy one- she will be tired by Sunday! Nut, I am looking forward to it. They have a hotel with a pool, and I bought canvas' to have a painting party : )

Barb- I almost went to the Rockford show- stayed home and saved $$$ already too much unused supplies....however, would be fun to go to meet you! And, the watercoloring class sounds like it was awesome!

Kelly- Yeah for a great score on a test- and another yeah for getting a day home to yourself! Boo on the D word....yep- me too. Also, my cholesterol is up this time around- oh boy....... We are (red) meat eaters- sorry- I know that is a dirty word...... Going to have to curb that.

Maxine- hugs to you my dear! Praying for you and for hubby to be as comfortable as possible! Glad you are getting me time! Haircuts or coloring- you name it!

Jeanette- you sound like you really are enjoying what you are doing- so cool! Your travels are fun to hear about.

Lynn- fab to see you dropping in and to catch up. Will keep you and Jim in prayers as well. How is your back? Hope Jim is doing Ok too. Day to day does not sound too hot! Kristi posted a watermark program for the Iphone that I am trying to figure out- it looks like I can do it after re-watching the tutorial- it is called iwatermark+ It looks like it will be a breeze once I figure it out. I have been posting to my blog with watermark from Paint Shop Pro, then saving the pic to my iphone and uploading to Instagram. With the Iwatermark+, you can put the watermark on the pic and hit a button to upload.

Don't laugh- I have been watching to see what hashtags people use when they upload cards on Instagram..... there are so many it is silly, but for purposes of searching themes on Instagram....I have been adding a few to my posts....and they pop up if you use them again when you start typing the words in, so it makes it less tedious : )

Maggie- hope they found the issue with the tire pressure! And, did you get the raccoon to leave and not come back???

waving hello to Kel and Kristi as well!

Hugs to all
Shelly
Old 03-08-2017, 04:38 AM   #6296

Maxine, I'd been wondering how you were doing, since you've been more quiet than usual and not quite as much activity on your blog either. I am sorry things are so busy/rough at home. I am sure your DH appreciates you and the loving care you give him. He'll also love seeing how gorgeous you look after your appointment.

Lynn, it sounds like you have a lot to deal with, too... and you do it so graciously. You and your DH are never far away from my thoughts and prayers!

Shelly, yikes! That's too much stress going on in one family. I can not even imagine. Will be praying for all of you! And will look forward to hearing a praise report as I'm sure you will share with us when things are improving. Okay, now about this tutorial... will I be able to find it in a google search? I need to check it out!

Kelly, what a nice surprise to have some time freed up for you to spend time with Bux and markers!

Barb, your brayer info is intriguing. I might need to look for tutorials on that, too. Oh............ and just in case you haven't noticed... it's WEDNESDAY! Do you know where Smoochy is???

I have two more loads of laundry to do today - and a few errands to run - then I'm going to work on getting some cards ready to mail that need to go out by Saturday (to arrive in time). It's going to be a great day!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:46 AM   #6297
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends! Happy Hump Day!

It is very windy here today--but I do not need nor want to drive anywhere. I will spend all day in the stamp room--YAY! Tomorrow morning, I will check in before I head out to Green Bay. I will not be taking my laptop as I will have no time to get online as my evenings will end around 11:00. Friday is the long day as I will be at the games from 8 in the morning until late. Saturday morning is a bit later start but will end at the same time. I will head home sometime Sunday morning, after setting my clock ahead one hour! I hope you have a great Wednesday!
Old 03-08-2017, 06:12 AM   #6298

Smoochy!!! My day just got even better than it already was. THANK YOU, Barb!

Shucks... we're going to miss you while you're gone.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-08-2017, 02:10 PM   #6299
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Oh friends, a wonderful praise! DD's boyfriend passed his LSAT exam and with points to spare! I was so worried for him, but he got his results (and on his mama's birthday!) and he's in a very good space for law school admission. His main concern was a high enough score to apply here in Miami - as, heaven forbid, dd/bf be apart for more than 5 minutes!! LOL!! C'est le amour ♥

They went to the Keys with their 'squad' to celebrate, my boys repainted my son's room - you can see his color choice on my blog today! I was SO worried when I saw them come home with a bunch of swatches of blues and browns but kept quiet. He's 12. He can chose his own room color - lol. The blue is gorgeous - it's yacht blue, and has a very nautical look to it. Great eye for color - hmmm, wonder where he gets that from? ROFL!

I colored all weekend! I was a little out of sorts and just holed up at my craft desk and enjoyed the therapy of coloring and coloring and COLORING!

What I am not enjoying is the mess in my house! It looks like we are moving! Boxes and furniture everywhere - they had to paint/let it dry and shampoo the carpets, etc so I have to drink my coffee, find my zen, drink more coffee, color .........

I got a call back from my new DR - I really like her! She called me on Sunday - while in Sunday school! Who. does. that. Well, she's on the ball and I am so pleased I found her ......... got some things to change, that's for sure. This girl is on a diet! There, I said it. Publicly. LOL.
Tomorrow I am going for xrays - ugh. Both of my hips don't work so well ... I actually limp from time to time. I was dx with arthritis at 18! So I kinda new by my 40's, I'd be in trouble. And I am. And I'm only in my 40's for another 3 weeks! YIKES!

I hope everyone is well! That's my novel for the day ........ I need to let the dogs take ME for a walk now that the rain has stopped

Blessings, all!
Great news for DD's BF on acing the LSAT. Hope he does make it into the school of his choice.

My DGD's DH applied for his Masters at U of U and I heard last week that he was accepted so they get to stay in Provo for 3 more years while he does that which is nice because DGD really likes her job there and would hate to have to quit right now.

Glad that you are finding more time for your stamping. Have to check out the color of DS's room on your blog.

Sorry about the arthritis, but I can relate to that. It sucks! Some days it's really hard to do my 30 minute walk at lunch time because my low back/hip start hurting so much. Hope that they can do something for you and that was nice of your doctor to call you even if it was during SS at church!

Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 03-08-2017, 02:12 PM   #6300
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

So how's er'body this morning!!! LOL! My kids are at school, traffic was mostly light, and dogs walked me super early

I had an appt today for Xrays but then my daughter told me she's at a chorus show after school until 9 pm (judging competetion, no parents) so that means I only pick up my son at 3:50 - wait, what? I get the WHOLE AFTERNOON free? And I have an appt? *dials and reschedules!*

Got my S'Bux, markers and guess who's taking a ME day!
This. girl. right. here!

Jeanette, I know - but the scales are not my friend! Downright scary! So it's time to make some changes - I lose 5 pounds, gain 7 ... yikes!

Stay safe up there, girls, with the storms - and glad you are both okay. I turned CNN off about 20 minutes ago - I'd seen enough! And today is about sunshine anyway - right?!!

x0
I've been doing WW since the first of the year and so far I'm down 8 pounds. It's been slow, but steady and you just have to remember to track what you eat and portion control! I still eat things that I like, but not so much and make sure I keep track.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:19 PM   #6301
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hi ladies!

I have been keeping up with the thread on the phone via mail threads, but not popping in too much to comment. We are finally over the worst of the coughing here! Yeah! Mom is doing OK- she is overdue for an IV infusion of a med she gets for her arthritis, and I can really see she is miserable, and yet she never complains..... she does not celebrate her pain- wow! We have a family that is falling apart - well 1//2 of it. My older sis has a torn retina, what a crazy scenerio....brother has pneumonia...one had a dental implant and is having crazy sinus issues! Stephi has a back issue- it is acting up. Katie is all stressed out- her charter school in Chicago is going to strike 3/17 if their demands are not met- they have been working without a contract this year.... (they really do work for not a ton of money).....

But all is well here..... I have been taking Mom to different facilities to pick a day care- she like the one she is at.... That is fine with me. We also hired a young lady (30 something) to come every other weekend so we can go out. We went out with friends last Saturday and went back to their home for beers. It was nice...Mom got along quite well with the young lady. Wow- I am going to sign up- Mom does not require much care- and we pay $15.00 /hr. I am told that is how much it costs to get a babysitter now- wow- inflation! Watching TV and coloring and getting paid- cool!

We have rescheduled all of Mom's appts for this week and next and already had a few, so she is going to be a busy woman. One of my 'well' brothers (LOL) is coming with family for visit this weekend, so it will be a busy one- she will be tired by Sunday! Nut, I am looking forward to it. They have a hotel with a pool, and I bought canvas' to have a painting party : )

Barb- I almost went to the Rockford show- stayed home and saved $$$ already too much unused supplies....however, would be fun to go to meet you! And, the watercoloring class sounds like it was awesome!

Kelly- Yeah for a great score on a test- and another yeah for getting a day home to yourself! Boo on the D word....yep- me too. Also, my cholesterol is up this time around- oh boy....... We are (red) meat eaters- sorry- I know that is a dirty word...... Going to have to curb that.

Maxine- hugs to you my dear! Praying for you and for hubby to be as comfortable as possible! Glad you are getting me time! Haircuts or coloring- you name it!

Jeanette- you sound like you really are enjoying what you are doing- so cool! Your travels are fun to hear about.

Lynn- fab to see you dropping in and to catch up. Will keep you and Jim in prayers as well. How is your back? Hope Jim is doing Ok too. Day to day does not sound too hot! Kristi posted a watermark program for the Iphone that I am trying to figure out- it looks like I can do it after re-watching the tutorial- it is called iwatermark+ It looks like it will be a breeze once I figure it out. I have been posting to my blog with watermark from Paint Shop Pro, then saving the pic to my iphone and uploading to Instagram. With the Iwatermark+, you can put the watermark on the pic and hit a button to upload.

Don't laugh- I have been watching to see what hashtags people use when they upload cards on Instagram..... there are so many it is silly, but for purposes of searching themes on Instagram....I have been adding a few to my posts....and they pop up if you use them again when you start typing the words in, so it makes it less tedious : )

Maggie- hope they found the issue with the tire pressure! And, did you get the raccoon to leave and not come back???

waving hello to Kel and Kristi as well!

Hugs to all
Shelly
Yes, thanks Shelly. The tire had a small nail in it which they removed and patched it up. I think it is the construction going on just across the way from our building and they use our driveway which they are not supposed to do, but do it anyway. I would say that at least 10 people from my office have had nails in their tires since the start of construction.

I haven't seen the raccoon again, but I know we have a possum that comes to visit most every night. I need to put the trap out again. Maybe this weekend.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:21 PM   #6302
Quacker Stamper

I've been dealing with the US Coins place. Took my list to them last Thursday to have the guy look it over, see if he could do an appraisal of it, how long would it take, and how much would it cost. No word so I called them yesterday. Guy is busy and will call me back. Left a message. Calls me back and starts telling me that they haven't seen any of the coins and don't think that they will any time soon but that eventually a lot of coins come through their doors. So, that's not what I wanted to know. I had a couple phone calls with different people up there. Finally Kenny calls me this morning and starts talking the same thing about not seeing any of the coins. Finally I get a word in edgewise and say that's not why I took the list to him and not what I told him when I first went in there a month ago. We finally got that straightened out and he told me that he would get on it today/. Then I get a call from his brother JJ (it's a family business) that he was delegated the job of doing this appraisal and asked if I could email him a copy of the list!!!!! What!!!!!!! They have a copy, or at least I thought they did. Maybe they just don't know how to use a scanner. Anyway, the list is on my computer at home so I won't be able to send it to him until then which is another whole day wasted.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:54 AM   #6303

I'm enjoying sunshine again today - but it's not supposed to last much longer. We're expecting snow on Saturday. EEK! And Saturday is Children's Ministry Day - all across our state. Our denomination of churches will have nearly 1,000 children doing a variety of ministry projects in well over 100 sites that day. Our association is hosting a group of over 150 children that day... and I'm the state representative at our location... which means I get to see the children involved in their ministry projects as I go from site to site to take photos. I sure hope the expected snow doesn't hamper this fun day!

Maggie, I'm so sorry there have been so many challenges with the coins situation.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-09-2017, 05:25 AM   #6304
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends! I am heading out to drive to Green Bay in a little bit and will probably check in on my phone during the time I am gone. See you all Sunday! Make it a Great One!
mschoener, Forest Ranger and Kiwime like this post.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:32 AM   #6305

Tomorrow is going to be an early start and a full day with the masses of children who will be participating in our state-wide Children's Ministry Day. So I won't be on SCS at all tomorrow (nor do I get on here on Sundays, as you know). So, let me go ahead and say....

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-10-2017, 06:33 AM   #6306
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends!

It's been WILD around here ......... you may have noticed that I was not online, due to cleaning up the WATER FALL in my house. Yes, water cascading from a severely clogged main pipe, backed up the washing machine, imploded then EXPLODED and water just had no where to go but inside!! We had water flowing about 2" deep. it's taken 2 days to mop, clean, call the plumber, call another plumber, continue cleaning, moved ALL the furnitures out, air dry the house, etc ...
UGH.

I truly love my dh - he keeps me sane. I was having a meltdown and he jokingly said "baby, we have the indoor pool you have always wanted!" Funny. For the record, I never asked for an indoor pool - LOL! But I loved how he kept it real ♥ Now, I'm sitting at the table - the oNLY place in the house that doesn't have furniture piled on top of furniture and boxes and crates and bins galore - drinking my coffee and catching up before I go tackle this.

My son - lucky boy - is going on a camping trip with the Scouts this weekend - an 8 mile hike TO the campout, 7 mile hike back out with NO provisions! the only thing waiting for them at the end is ground! That means they hike with ALL the tents, stove, water, etc on their backs. We laughed because without plumbing (x2 days) and the house being a total wreck, we were kinda camping at home!

Did I mention I. do. not. like. camping? Not that rustic kind anyway!

Ah, life. Gotta laugh at it - what else can we do

I have to scramble to get my upcoming cards done for this week - including a fun announcement!

I hope everyone is doing well and gets some inky time. Anyone available - I could use you here to put everything back in order .. hee hee!
Old 03-10-2017, 06:35 AM   #6307

Kelly, you can make any trying situation sound like a walk in the park with your amazing skill with words. Love you!

Now what's this about a fun announcement?

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:16 PM   #6308
Mad Swapper

Congratulations
Maggie
on your win over at Cut It Up Challenge

Old 03-11-2017, 06:30 AM   #6309
Gabfest Goddess

Morning all Maxine, how was your day? Been thinking of you and DH, sorry to see that his stent is giving him problems. Take care of yourself too, ok?
Kelly: OH MY!!! the water problems, how incredibly stressful!!! So sorry that your indoor pool came with so many complications. Big Congrats on the BF's LSAT score!!!
Jeanette, Hoping the weather doesn't impact the Children's Ministry event today.
Lynn, I know NOTHING about Instagram. I'm lagging behind in technology.
Maggie: as others have said, the issues with your coin collection just keep coming. I sure hope that everything can get resolved satisfactorily soon!
Barb: your conference should be winding down today, I hope that you enjoyed it. Safe travels back.
Shelly: You continue to amaze me on the gracious and loving way that you are managing so many different care issues for your mother! Prayers continue.
Waving to everyone - please overlook it if I missed mentioning anyone by name.

What a busy couple of weeks at work. Quick trip to Connecticut and back in the same day (no hotel room available & really needed to be back in the office the next day anyway). Then this last week was our Spring Conference. Left Monday night, arrived home Thursday night. We worked 30 hrs in 2 days, so was very tired. Then 7:30 am Friday had an online Board meeting. I think I was coherent, LOL.

Anyway, it's bitterly cold and windy so today is inside & stamping for me. However we do have to prepare for a big storm Tues into Weds. Yuk.
Enjoy the weekend everyone!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 03-11-2017, 07:43 AM   #6310
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Dropping in to say a quick hello !!! HELLO!

We have my brother here-in town- visiting. Sunday is one year anniv of Dad passing.

We went to a fish fry last night and then we came back home, brother and family went back to hotel to swim. Mom has excema, so does not like pools, etc... She used to do water exercise, the dry skin issues seemed to surface in the last few years...anyway
Today off to a 2PM play at a college in Elmhurst- one nephew is in the play, one is a stage manager. Then, we will go to Portillo's : ) My sis is going to treck the hour journey to pick up my Aunt (mom's youngest sis) and she will join us for the afternoon.

We heard my sis with detached retina- gas bubble injected into the eye pushed the retina back in place and she was a candidate for the laser procedure yesterday. She still has to lay still on her Lt side 10-14 days- head has to stay down- can only lift head 5 minutes every 2 hours. Her equilibrium is off a tad, so her son and DIL from Austin are flying home to help out.

Oh dear Kelly, what a mess! We have wood floors, so that would be a huge, huge issue here! Not that it is not a huge issue there.....and your hubby is funny- what a funny way to calm you : ) I guess God decided Spring cleaning of floors needed to come early...... and no coloring.
I want to know announcement- someone engaged? Or, new DT? I am not patient!

Jeanette- hoping Sat Childrens ministry goes well. Up here, cold but sun is out- hope it is where the ministry is as well.

Maggie- what a pain with the coins! Congrats also on Outlawz monthly post- you were a winner there as well in Feb!

Maxine- keeping you in prayers!

Lynn- your plate is full too! Hope you are getting a break!

Barb- hope GB was great, and that travel was safe and non-stressful. Sometimes the car rides are so quiet and peaceful- looking at the scenery, etc.... Sunrises and sunsets : )

Waving Hello Darlene! Thank you for the kind words. It is a blessing to me to have mom here : ) Chuckle- last week one day Mom looked in the mirror and was horrified she had white hair!

Waving hello to all- gotta run- brother has arrived with his crew!!!

Shelly
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:48 PM   #6311
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

I'm enjoying sunshine again today - but it's not supposed to last much longer. We're expecting snow on Saturday. EEK! And Saturday is Children's Ministry Day - all across our state. Our denomination of churches will have nearly 1,000 children doing a variety of ministry projects in well over 100 sites that day. Our association is hosting a group of over 150 children that day... and I'm the state representative at our location... which means I get to see the children involved in their ministry projects as I go from site to site to take photos. I sure hope the expected snow doesn't hamper this fun day!

Maggie, I'm so sorry there have been so many challenges with the coins situation.

Thanks Jeanette, I hope that it's resolved soon. I haven't heard back from them yet.

Sounds like your Children's Ministry will be a great event. I hope they all had a great time yesterday. We had kind of rainy weather yesterday. I was glad that it held off pretty much until after I got my hair done and got home from the grocery store. I was hoping to work in my yard cleaning out the milkweed and getting my hutch cleaned out, but that didn't happen.
Save
Old 03-12-2017, 05:52 PM   #6312
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi friends!

It's been WILD around here ......... you may have noticed that I was not online, due to cleaning up the WATER FALL in my house. Yes, water cascading from a severely clogged main pipe, backed up the washing machine, imploded then EXPLODED and water just had no where to go but inside!! We had water flowing about 2" deep. it's taken 2 days to mop, clean, call the plumber, call another plumber, continue cleaning, moved ALL the furnitures out, air dry the house, etc ...
UGH.

I truly love my dh - he keeps me sane. I was having a meltdown and he jokingly said "baby, we have the indoor pool you have always wanted!" Funny. For the record, I never asked for an indoor pool - LOL! But I loved how he kept it real ♥ Now, I'm sitting at the table - the oNLY place in the house that doesn't have furniture piled on top of furniture and boxes and crates and bins galore - drinking my coffee and catching up before I go tackle this.

My son - lucky boy - is going on a camping trip with the Scouts this weekend - an 8 mile hike TO the campout, 7 mile hike back out with NO provisions! the only thing waiting for them at the end is ground! That means they hike with ALL the tents, stove, water, etc on their backs. We laughed because without plumbing (x2 days) and the house being a total wreck, we were kinda camping at home!

Did I mention I. do. not. like. camping? Not that rustic kind anyway!

Ah, life. Gotta laugh at it - what else can we do

I have to scramble to get my upcoming cards done for this week - including a fun announcement!

I hope everyone is doing well and gets some inky time. Anyone available - I could use you here to put everything back in order .. hee hee!
O M G! Kelly, what a disaster. Glad you could keep a good attitude. I probably would be sitting in the middle of the house crying! That is so much work for cleanup. Did the water creep up to the sheetrock? I'm with you about camping - no, I don't do it. Hope you young man enjoyed his camping weekend. Sounds a bit intense.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:54 PM   #6313
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Congratulations
Maggie
on your win over at Cut It Up Challenge

Thanks Maxine and thanks for letting me know. I haven't been around to the challenges yet to see who the winners were.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:00 PM   #6314
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Morning all Maxine, how was your day? Been thinking of you and DH, sorry to see that his stent is giving him problems. Take care of yourself too, ok?
Kelly: OH MY!!! the water problems, how incredibly stressful!!! So sorry that your indoor pool came with so many complications. Big Congrats on the BF's LSAT score!!!
Jeanette, Hoping the weather doesn't impact the Children's Ministry event today.
Lynn, I know NOTHING about Instagram. I'm lagging behind in technology.
Maggie: as others have said, the issues with your coin collection just keep coming. I sure hope that everything can get resolved satisfactorily soon!
Barb: your conference should be winding down today, I hope that you enjoyed it. Safe travels back.
Shelly: You continue to amaze me on the gracious and loving way that you are managing so many different care issues for your mother! Prayers continue.
Waving to everyone - please overlook it if I missed mentioning anyone by name.

What a busy couple of weeks at work. Quick trip to Connecticut and back in the same day (no hotel room available & really needed to be back in the office the next day anyway). Then this last week was our Spring Conference. Left Monday night, arrived home Thursday night. We worked 30 hrs in 2 days, so was very tired. Then 7:30 am Friday had an online Board meeting. I think I was coherent, LOL.

Anyway, it's bitterly cold and windy so today is inside & stamping for me. However we do have to prepare for a big storm Tues into Weds. Yuk.
Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Thanks Darlene, I'm sure it will. Just wish they would hurry up so I can get my income taxes done.

Sounds like you've been living in a whirlwind lately. Hope there is some time now for things to wind down a little bit and rest up. We got cold again today. Instead of Spring Break, they are saying we're having a break from Spring, since we haven't had much Winter this year.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:06 PM   #6315
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Dropping in to say a quick hello !!! HELLO!

We have my brother here-in town- visiting. Sunday is one year anniv of Dad passing.

We went to a fish fry last night and then we came back home, brother and family went back to hotel to swim. Mom has excema, so does not like pools, etc... She used to do water exercise, the dry skin issues seemed to surface in the last few years...anyway
Today off to a 2PM play at a college in Elmhurst- one nephew is in the play, one is a stage manager. Then, we will go to Portillo's : ) My sis is going to treck the hour journey to pick up my Aunt (mom's youngest sis) and she will join us for the afternoon.

We heard my sis with detached retina- gas bubble injected into the eye pushed the retina back in place and she was a candidate for the laser procedure yesterday. She still has to lay still on her Lt side 10-14 days- head has to stay down- can only lift head 5 minutes every 2 hours. Her equilibrium is off a tad, so her son and DIL from Austin are flying home to help out.

Oh dear Kelly, what a mess! We have wood floors, so that would be a huge, huge issue here! Not that it is not a huge issue there.....and your hubby is funny- what a funny way to calm you : ) I guess God decided Spring cleaning of floors needed to come early...... and no coloring.
I want to know announcement- someone engaged? Or, new DT? I am not patient!

Jeanette- hoping Sat Childrens ministry goes well. Up here, cold but sun is out- hope it is where the ministry is as well.

Maggie- what a pain with the coins! Congrats also on Outlawz monthly post- you were a winner there as well in Feb!

Maxine- keeping you in prayers!

Lynn- your plate is full too! Hope you are getting a break!

Barb- hope GB was great, and that travel was safe and non-stressful. Sometimes the car rides are so quiet and peaceful- looking at the scenery, etc.... Sunrises and sunsets : )

Waving Hello Darlene! Thank you for the kind words. It is a blessing to me to have mom here : ) Chuckle- last week one day Mom looked in the mirror and was horrified she had white hair!

Waving hello to all- gotta run- brother has arrived with his crew!!!

Shelly
You sure are having a full life there Shelly. So good for your mom to keep busy and have her family and friends around. Were you doing anything special as a remembrance of your dad?

Wow! your poor sis. I can't imagine having to lay still in bed for 1-2 weeks. How can she eat? 5 minutes isn't much time. Can she get to the bathroom?

I didn't win the Outlawz in February, but I did win 2 of their challenges in January. Got some really cool images. Can't wait to go check out this store for the CIU challenge.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:27 PM   #6316
Quacker Stamper

It's been a pretty good weekend. Started out at my hairdressers getting color and a haircut. I think she cut off about 2". It was going to be a rainy day, so I went to the grocery store on the way home and got home right before a pretty good downpour. I would have used Instacart, but it wasn't working for me yesterday morning and I wanted to go because I had the kids coming for dinner and wanted to make sure I got all the right things for the dinner.

I was going to make vegetarian chili for dinner along with some cornbread and a deep dish cookie pie for dessert (which was vegan). It all turned out pretty delish and DD took a copy of both the recipes. It was the first time I made the cookie pie and I wasn't sure how it was going to be because there was no four in it. The base was Chickpeas! We all loved it though. If you didn't know, you wouldn't have been able to guess. The chili had lots of veggies in it along with 3 different beans. It was very filling. Of course they took some home and left some for me too.

I'm still working on unmounting my wood stamps. It's such a tedious job. I have 4 sets that have small words on them and decided that I was going to leave them on the wood blocks. No way was I going to be able to take all of them off. So, I mentioned to Jeanette on another thread about my newest purchase for those who have Copics and are a customer of IKEA. I saw this and it was perfect. This is a cart that I got from IKEA an I know that Jeanette also has one. I saw this insert for the top shelf and it was perfect form my markers. I was keeping my markers in a carrier on the top anyway. I only put the "C" markers in the carrier although it will hold all of them, but I also have the Anniversary set and I wanted them in there along with the regular one, so I have the rest of the grays in a plastic container on the 2nd shelf.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003 (7).jpg (45.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-13-2017, 05:48 AM   #6317

Maggie, YAY! I'm so happy to see your gorgeous Raskog! Did you get that insert at Ikea? FUN!!!

Darlene, I hope the snow storm isn't too bad. Did you get to play a while this weekend?

Shelly, my heart hurts for you and your family - I'm sure the weekend had its sad moments, though you did seem to have some family time, too. That's good

Maxine, you are such a good cheerleader! YAY! Congrats to Maggie!

Waving to everyone else!

My weekend was FABULOUS! I hope yours was, too. The Children's Ministry Day event was a huge success! I was so excited to be a part of that!

Now, it's time for a new week. This week is our third of four VBS Workshops... so I'll be gone Friday/Saturday... and I have two meetings today. That means I have a lot to do in a short week's time. :roll eyes:

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-13-2017, 06:43 AM   #6318
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Everyone--Happy Monday! I too had a wonderful long weekend. The girls state basketball tournament was a good time---great games, wonderful cards and really no major issues to deal with--YAY! I got home late morning yesterday. We are getting the snow right now that is heading to the east coast. We are to get 4-6 inches and roomie is driving my SUV to work today instead of her car--and leaving later than usual as the traffic is stopped along most of the way to work! And me--I get to play in the stamp room all day as I have no plans to leave the house! I hope you have a great day too--even as a Monday goes!
Old 03-13-2017, 06:46 AM   #6319
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maggie--your meal sounds delish.

Shelley--you are one busy woman!

Maxine--hoping things are smooth for you

Darlene--I hope your storm preps are going well.

Kelly and Jeanette--I hope you too have a fantastic day!
Old 03-13-2017, 06:50 AM   #6320

Barb, enjoy your day at home with your toys!

Find Me on Instagram