Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-22-2017, 05:15 PM   #6241
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Maxine, I'll be praying for your husband and thinking of you through this procedure!
Hope everyone is on the mend now from the flu and all the respiratory problems. The flu was so bad this year Kelly. They even had to close some of the schools around here recently as there were so many kids out with flu.
All is good around here. Trying to post a little more and find more time for crafting and all that. Had a horrendous storm Sunday night and lost about a third of the roof here. Part of it was stuck in the tree outside! No power and no water either. Finally got it all taken care by late afternoon yesterday so all is fine. We were so lucky though as there were tornadoes in the area too.
OMG! That must have been really scary to have part of your roof blow off. Glad you were able to get it fixed so quickly.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-22-2017, 05:17 PM   #6242
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Wednesday! I too am happy as I am typing on my new laptop! It is nice........................ It took them less than 24 hours to set up and transfer everything--I do have all of my bookmarks and notes and calendar. The only things I lost were my saved and old emails-but I had not backed those up, so it is a fresh start there! I spent over an hour and a half with the Geek Squad guy making sure everything was there and we had to transfer a few things a second time from my back-up and the Surface Pro. I am still getting used to the new keyboard as it is smaller and a few keys are in a slightly different location, but I am loving it!!!!!!

With all of the errands out of the house the last two days, it will be nice to stay in all day and get inky! I hope you have a great one!
Yippee! Great to have a new slate. What kind of laptop did you get?
Save
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:21 PM   #6243
Quacker Stamper

Hi! I've been dealing with my own laptop issues Started last week when I upgraded my Adobe Flash. Then had to uninstall and reinstall my old link from McAfee which turned out to be corrupted and messed up my laptop. When I got home from work on Monday, I had a black screen and couldn't get to my desktop. I was up to the wee hours of Tuesday morning chatting with the DH of a good friend of mine trying to get it fixed. I ended up doing a System Repair which fixed that problem. Then I was on the phone for over 3 hours with McAfee yesterday morning getting that reinstalled. Had to do it twice because the first try was corrupted too and had to uninstall and reinstall it. Finally got that done and it seems to be working fine now.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:25 PM   #6244
Quacker Stamper

Had some good news the other day. AT&T called me on Monday in response to my letter I wrote to the CEO a couple weeks ago. Wow! I was really surprised. I made the appointment for today (4- and left work early to be here. The technician got here about 6:30 and when I told him what was going on, he was pretty sure what the issue was. He did what he needed to do and now we wait to see whether or not it corrected the problem.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:47 PM   #6245
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

I got a Lenovo Yoga--it is a 2 in 1. I love it so far! I still am having some issues with my calendar and went back to the Geek Squad tonight. I am still not sure it is right, but it can wait a few days.
mschoener, Kiwime and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:38 AM   #6246
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maxine, I'm continuing to pray for your DH... and you. I hope everything went okay. (((HUGS)))

Maggie, I'm sorry you're having computer problems, too. UGH!

Barb, we used to have Lenova computers - they were very good. We were pleased with them.

Darlene, the weather here has been amazing! I was outside barefoot yesterday. I had to paint a tube - building a huge non-working telescope for my workshop - and it was just such a pretty day I decided not to put on shoes. (It was nearly 80 degrees.)

Well, today IS the day. I have the last little bit of stuff to get ready - and need to pack my carload of supplies, room decor, etc, too - as I head out bright and early tomorrow morning for our first of 4 VBS Workshops. This is going to be so much fun!!!

That being said, I won't be on SCS for the next 3 days. If I don't pop in again later today, I'll see you again on Monday... Have a GREAT weekend!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

barbaralynn, mschoener, Kiwime and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:36 AM   #6247
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! It was a top 10 day yesterday as we hit 70! We have set all kinds of records in February this year and it is to "only" to be in the 40's. That would be warm in a normal year...................

I hope each of you have a fantastic day!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:49 AM   #6248
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, friends!

Seems I catch up, then fall behind - lol. In my crazy busy life, often something has to 'give' and it tends to lean more towards the computer but I will not give up! I won't wave that white flag!

I love yall! ♥

We had some horrific rain storms yesterday - lasted ALL DAY! I had to drive in it to pick up the kids and it was just terrible. Today is overcast and I'm seeing no sign of rain so whew! I'm planning to stamp for a bit since I'm all caught up on the house/laundry/etc!

Barb - yay on the new laptop!
And Maggie on getting the CEO to 'take your call!' You know how to get things done, girl!

Hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:13 AM   #6249
Gabfest Goddess

Hello everyone! Early day up & out the door to be at the other office by 7 am. Now I'm starving since breakfast was so long ago!

Good luck Jeanette & enjoy the workshops.

Barb, hope you're having some fun with the new computer.

Maggie: hats off to you - writing to the CEO & getting a response!! Hope it works out.

Any word from Maxine?

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 02-23-2017, 09:26 AM   #6250
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Good morning ladies! I wanted to peek in early today, have late night duty at church tonight from 12 midnight-1AM......

Less coughing, but still at it. 2 more days of steroids for me. The doc said the cough lingers 2-8 weeks, but is caused by a virus. Doc said it has not been cold enough here to kill off the mold spores, and if winter continues to be like this, allergies will be horrid this year for those who have them...

Wow, 80 degrees and barefoot sounds fabulous Jeanette!

Barb- hope you love your computer- so hard when they do not work right- and they are not cheap either!!!

Maggie- that is great that the CEO answered- they have been out quite a few times to try to straighten you out, haven't they?

Lynn- that happened to us last Spring as well- part of the roofing/shingles blew off right before we were heading out of town..... We had to have it tarped, and it took a month for the roofer to get here. We needed a new roof anyway....so have a tear off and new roof done.

Kelly- wahoo for having some you time to create today! I heard there were crazy rains down in the south- do you usually get those this early in the year?

Maxine- continued prayers for your family. May the stent help with comfort and nourishment. May you find strength from above for each day!

I hope you all have a fab day! Gotta get a move on- have Bible Study to get prepared for. I am taking Mom to a card class tonight (guess the evening class is a little slower moving than the AM class). The class is called fun folds.

I am organizing more in my creative space. It is finally coming together a bit better. I still have stuff to move up from the basement, but at least I can get an idea of where it will go. Mom had daycare yesterday and I was really able to buckle down while she was there : )

Shelly
Old 02-23-2017, 10:11 AM   #6251
Mad Swapper

Popping in on my phone, so this will be short.
The stent went in quickly and DH was comfortable but sleepy when I left him yesterday afternoon. Didn't realise that from now on he is on mushy foods only. That will be a major challenge initially. Seeing the dietician today before discharge.
Stayed with an 'internet stamping friend' last night and even had some craft time 😃.
Will probably not get back here til tomorrow.
Waving at you all, and treasuring your prayers and friendship.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #6252
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks for the update, Maxine. Great that you got to stay with a fellow card maker & get some fun time, I'm sure it helped your spirits. Prayers continue...

{{Hugs}}

Old 02-24-2017, 05:37 AM   #6253
Gabfest Goddess

Morning!Maxine, prayers continue.

Shelly: how's the coughing? I sure hope that it's better.

ok, I'd better get to work now...wishing everyone a great Friday

Old 02-24-2017, 05:52 AM   #6254
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Friday!!!!!! We had lots of rain and some storms roll through early this morning and it is to be rainy all day--then, turn to snow tonight. We are to get a couple of inches of snow, but they are getting pounded up north! This sure is a change from the 60's we had all week and hit 70 on Wednesday! Oh well, it still is February..................... . We have no plans for the weekend, other than supper at some friend's house Saturday night--so maybe we will order our flower and vegetable seeds to start to think of spring!
Old 02-25-2017, 06:00 AM   #6255
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Good Morning, friends!

Seems I catch up, then fall behind - lol. In my crazy busy life, often something has to 'give' and it tends to lean more towards the computer but I will not give up! I won't wave that white flag!

I love yall! ♥

We had some horrific rain storms yesterday - lasted ALL DAY! I had to drive in it to pick up the kids and it was just terrible. Today is overcast and I'm seeing no sign of rain so whew! I'm planning to stamp for a bit since I'm all caught up on the house/laundry/etc!

Barb - yay on the new laptop!
And Maggie on getting the CEO to 'take your call!' You know how to get things done, girl!

Hugs!
I understand how you feel Kelly about falling behind and then having to catch up all the time!

Yippee! I really didn't think it would happen. They are actually on the right road I think. I have lost my signal since he was here, but not constantly like it was. I had a phone call from the Group following up and will call to let them know that it's not quite done. Maybe just another little adjustment.
Save
Old 02-25-2017, 06:03 AM   #6256
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Popping in on my phone, so this will be short.
The stent went in quickly and DH was comfortable but sleepy when I left him yesterday afternoon. Didn't realise that from now on he is on mushy foods only. That will be a major challenge initially. Seeing the dietician today before discharge.
Stayed with an 'internet stamping friend' last night and even had some craft time 😃.
Will probably not get back here til tomorrow.
Waving at you all, and treasuring your prayers and friendship.
Glad that things went well with the stent implant. Sorry about the mushy foods on the plate from now on. I'm sure you'll be able to make that happen. Glad you had some craft time with your friend.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:08 AM   #6257
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Good morning ladies! I wanted to peek in early today, have late night duty at church tonight from 12 midnight-1AM......

Less coughing, but still at it. 2 more days of steroids for me. The doc said the cough lingers 2-8 weeks, but is caused by a virus. Doc said it has not been cold enough here to kill off the mold spores, and if winter continues to be like this, allergies will be horrid this year for those who have them...

Wow, 80 degrees and barefoot sounds fabulous Jeanette!

Barb- hope you love your computer- so hard when they do not work right- and they are not cheap either!!!

Maggie- that is great that the CEO answered- they have been out quite a few times to try to straighten you out, haven't they?

Lynn- that happened to us last Spring as well- part of the roofing/shingles blew off right before we were heading out of town..... We had to have it tarped, and it took a month for the roofer to get here. We needed a new roof anyway....so have a tear off and new roof done.

Kelly- wahoo for having some you time to create today! I heard there were crazy rains down in the south- do you usually get those this early in the year?

Maxine- continued prayers for your family. May the stent help with comfort and nourishment. May you find strength from above for each day!

I hope you all have a fab day! Gotta get a move on- have Bible Study to get prepared for. I am taking Mom to a card class tonight (guess the evening class is a little slower moving than the AM class). The class is called fun folds.

I am organizing more in my creative space. It is finally coming together a bit better. I still have stuff to move up from the basement, but at least I can get an idea of where it will go. Mom had daycare yesterday and I was really able to buckle down while she was there : )

Shelly
Hope you get to feeling better sooner than later. Coughs here always seem to linger longer too. We haven't had much of a winter here either. Leaves are sprouting out on the trees and the azaleas are all blooming. I need to call my lawn man to get him started on cleaning out the flower beds and prunning the grapefruit tree and rose bushes.

Feels good to get the creative space all organized. I'm still working on mine. I ordered a bunch of plastic DVD cases for my non su stamps and am thinking of removing the su stamps from the blocks to make more room. That's going to be a project.

Glad to hear that things are going well with your mom and she's enjoying life with you.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:15 AM   #6258
Quacker Stamper

My DD from CA and her DH are in town this weekend, so I'll be going to have lunch with them and my DD's family that live here. Since we only have them for lunch today I was thinking that we'd go to some nice restaurant, but DD here picked up some new burger joint to go to after telling me first that we would decide where we all wanted to go when we got together. Not sure what happened to that idea. I don't really do burgers unless I make them myself and know what's in them. They do have chicken sandwiches, so I am thinking I'll order that and a salad and not eat the bun.
Kiwime and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:28 AM   #6259
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
My DD from CA and her DH are in town this weekend, so I'll be going to have lunch with them and my DD's family that live here. Since we only have them for lunch today I was thinking that we'd go to some nice restaurant, but DD here picked up some new burger joint to go to after telling me first that we would decide where we all wanted to go when we got together. Not sure what happened to that idea. I don't really do burgers unless I make them myself and know what's in them. They do have chicken sandwiches, so I am thinking I'll order that and a salad and not eat the bun.
Hi Maggie - I'm with you about burgers. Unless I get some from my butcher I steer clear. He grinds sirloin & it makes the best burgers! I hope that you have a good visit with DD & her hubby. It's so nice that you get to see them.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:33 AM   #6260
Gabfest Goddess

Morning everyone.

Maxine, I saw on FB (yes-shocking that I actually was on it after so many weeks!) the beautiful creation you made - was it DP? Is that what you made at your friend's house while DH was having the stent put in? At any rate it looks gorgeous!

Old 02-25-2017, 10:23 AM   #6261
Mad Swapper

Hi Darlene, great to see you pop in. The background was made from tissue paper... No, I made a box card with my friend, and have yet to finish it - can't show it for a couple of weeks as it's DH's b' day card 😃
Old 02-25-2017, 02:56 PM   #6262
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hi Maggie - I'm with you about burgers. Unless I get some from my butcher I steer clear. He grinds sirloin & it makes the best burgers! I hope that you have a good visit with DD & her hubby. It's so nice that you get to see them.
It didn't end up quite the way I was hoping or expecting Turned out that my SIL is very sick. My DD ended up taking him to Urgent Care. I haven't heard anything yet about what is wrong, but could be the flu. Bad thing is that he has a ton of business trips coming up and a long trip to China. We ended up eating at my DD's house - guess what??? Yes, burgers! My other SIL grilled some chicken and beef burgers. I took some of my own food, broccoli, black beans, and mango. I ate 2 small chicken burgers without buns with my broccoli an black beans. My DD had made some chocolate hummus so I had some of that before I left along with my mango. My DD had some time to play a couple games before she got the call to go take her DH to Urgent Care. I left soon after that.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:12 PM   #6263
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

We had a lazy day, feeling a little draggy today. I had lunch with friends, then ran a couple of errands...and took it easy tonight. We called my brother via Facetime, (the one in Rockwall Tx) and chatted the night away.

Tomorrow, it is going to be back up to 48 from low 30's today- we had a few snow flurries today, but nothing stuck. We do not really have any plans other than church and may meet sis for birthday cake.

We were able to see Chris and Kayla's wedding video tonight- technology and all- sent via e-mail- it was beautifully done- what gorgeous photography! My Mom asked if my Dad attended the wedding... : ( But it was OK, she had fun seeing herself there and dancing with the groom. Mom is only 5' tall, and Chris is 6' 2", so it was really cute to see.

Happy weekend to all!
Shelly
mschoener, ksmile1978 and Kiwime like this post.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:42 AM   #6264
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I have ordered from Marker Pop a few times- mostly Copics and refills. I had no complaints.

How on earth do you watermark your cards on your phone? And, how do you upload them to your blog from there???

I can do Instagram on my phone.... that is where I see posts from many new Stamp companies- or at least, I learn about companies I had never heard of before.......

Looking forward to stamping tomorrow..well, today : )

Shelly
Shelly, I am way behind here so I am not sure if this was answered already. I have a watermark app on my iphone/ipad called iWatermark+, there is also a free version. I use wordpress through Safari when I blog from a device. I believe you can do the same for blogger blogs.
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:51 PM   #6265
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI all! What a weekend - we are finally sitting down
Friday night right after school, I took little man to Fuddruckers (oh how he LOVES their burgers and chicken sandwiches!) and then straight to the house where the Boy Scout community garage sale was to sort, box, unbox, plan, price! Finished at nearly 10 pm ......

Up at 5:45 the next morning to be there by 6:30 - it started at 8 and people were already going through things at 7! We worked in the merciless sun until about 1, made a ton of money for the Scouts which they will all divide up by how many hours they worked and it goes towards paying for camp this summer ... a week in the Georgia mountains doing white water rafting and other adventures! So these little events all help defray that cost considerably! I got home and just crashed - and today is an after effect of that, lol. I could barely get up for church!

I hope Jeanette's VBS trip was a success!

Sending hugs to all!
x0x0
Old 02-27-2017, 05:56 AM   #6266
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I hope you had a great weekend and that you have a good day--even though it is a Monday........ I have card class this morning and then stamping time the rest of the day!
Old 02-27-2017, 08:36 AM   #6267
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends!

Back from 1. school 2. dog walkin' and 3. the farm! Just enough time to make a quick card before I rinse and repeat ...... LOL!

Hugs!
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:08 PM   #6268
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Mom sounds terrible and had no energy to go to daycare. So, we stayed in and did not much today. I tried to engage her in some art activities, but she did not go for it..... LOL She went back to bed for a bit. I did not let her sleep too long- wanted to get food and liquids in her.

We have a beautiful day today- just shy of 60. I got out to walk the dog before Ray ran into work this afternoon.

Maxine- so glad hubby is home and recovering So, do you have to puree all foods for him? My dad had issues swallowing, so mom had to work really hard on making foods pureed and thicken his liquids. I hope you are hanging in there OK! So glad the kids are around for you!

Kristi- thank you- will try to get my watermark uploaded on my phone- would make life alot easier!

Kelly- so wonderful you were able to unload supplies you are not using for such a great cause! The trip the boys have planned sounds awesome!

Barb- card classes sound like so much fun! Our nearest store is 30 minutes away, there are different teachers that I need to try out there..... The last class was just OK, and I have to say, she used 65# cardstock, so the cards are kinda flimsy..... I loved the napkin cards though : )

Waving hello to all : )

Shelly
Old 02-27-2017, 07:16 PM   #6269
Pearl-ExPert

Tried to catch up a little bit but it's so impossible!
Barb - I think I saw where you got a Levono computer? That's why my laptop is and so far it's been great.
Shelly - I guess you must have asked at some point about watermarks? I have Paint.net (free site) and it's so easy on there. If you get that let me know and I'll tell you how to do it.
Maxine - just saw where your husband is back home now. I know he's so much more comfortable there. You'll figure out the menu in a flash. Know it'll be a little extra work but as long as it helps him that's good.
Kelly - busy..............
Darlene - always good to see you!
Jeanette - I take it you were traveling again and already back. Know it was fun.
Whoever else I've missed - Hi!
Old 02-28-2017, 05:19 AM   #6270

My apologies for not showing up yesterday - when I signed off on Thursday of last week, I knew I would be gone Friday and Saturday (and as you know, I very VERY rarely get on the computer/SCS on Sundays)... but I had forgotten that I also would be out of pocket on Monday (yesterday). Brock's surgery was yesterday. It went without much of a hitch - other than him pulling out his IV things were okay. My DH would tell you that Brock did much better than his mama did (insert embarrassed face). Yes, I'll admit it, I'm a wuss.

The patient was home by mid-day, but I was a basket case clear until evening. LOL! I didn't do much of anything but study and make one card, which had to be made... since it was due on my blog today.

Trust me, I was not in a mood that you would have wanted to see. So I stayed away from SCS.

And now I'm so far behind I'll never catch up - and I have a meeting today and another one on Thursday (both here in town) and head out of town Friday/Saturday for VBS Workshop #2. Sooooo please forgive me dashing through and waving but not commenting to everyone. I have read the thread! You ladies are such a joy in my life!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-28-2017, 05:25 AM   #6271
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Cyber Friends! Happy Fat Tuesday and the end of a wonderful weather month that was called February! That seems odd to say! We are meeting 4 friends out for dinner tonight for a Cajun Buffet at Thunder Bay Grille--Yum!

I hope you have a Terrific Tuesday!
Old 02-28-2017, 07:31 AM   #6272
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, friends!

I want to go with Barb and Roomie and friends to Fat Tuesday!!! YUM!! Have a great time!

YAY on the patient doing so well, J! Happy to hear that ~ and I'm sure you are much relieved. He's a trooper!

Today was an excrutiating commute to the schools - 3.5 HOURS round trip!!! the high school is 15 minutes away from my house! The Middle school 20! This is cah-razy. Now at 2 pm, I get to do it in reverse - yowza.

Shelly - glad you are keeping an eye on mom. She's in good hands with you ♥

Hi Lynn!!

Waving and sharing sunshine!
Old 03-01-2017, 06:28 AM   #6273
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Everyone!!! Welcome to March and to Ash Wednesday. We had a nice meal last night and the place sure was crowded. We all got beads, but they were all on the tables--we did not have to "earn" them! We have a chili cook-off tonight at church before the service and we made the same one we made for the Super Bowl as it is very yummy!

I hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday!
Old 03-01-2017, 06:56 AM   #6274
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi friends!

Back from 1. school 2. dog walkin' and 3. the farm! Just enough time to make a quick card before I rinse and repeat ...... LOL!

Hugs!
Sounds like another crazy day in your life Kelly.
Save
Old 03-01-2017, 06:58 AM   #6275
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Mom sounds terrible and had no energy to go to daycare. So, we stayed in and did not much today. I tried to engage her in some art activities, but she did not go for it..... LOL She went back to bed for a bit. I did not let her sleep too long- wanted to get food and liquids in her.

We have a beautiful day today- just shy of 60. I got out to walk the dog before Ray ran into work this afternoon.

Maxine- so glad hubby is home and recovering So, do you have to puree all foods for him? My dad had issues swallowing, so mom had to work really hard on making foods pureed and thicken his liquids. I hope you are hanging in there OK! So glad the kids are around for you!

Kristi- thank you- will try to get my watermark uploaded on my phone- would make life alot easier!

Kelly- so wonderful you were able to unload supplies you are not using for such a great cause! The trip the boys have planned sounds awesome!

Barb- card classes sound like so much fun! Our nearest store is 30 minutes away, there are different teachers that I need to try out there..... The last class was just OK, and I have to say, she used 65# cardstock, so the cards are kinda flimsy..... I loved the napkin cards though : )

Waving hello to all : )

Shelly
Hope your mom is feeling better. I am home from work today with a sore throat and runny nose. The scratchy throat came on all of a sudden yesterday afternoon. I go through this every year, so I think it's allergies even though I take a Zyrtec every day. Hopefully it won't linger.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:00 AM   #6276
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

My apologies for not showing up yesterday - when I signed off on Thursday of last week, I knew I would be gone Friday and Saturday (and as you know, I very VERY rarely get on the computer/SCS on Sundays)... but I had forgotten that I also would be out of pocket on Monday (yesterday). Brock's surgery was yesterday. It went without much of a hitch - other than him pulling out his IV things were okay. My DH would tell you that Brock did much better than his mama did (insert embarrassed face). Yes, I'll admit it, I'm a wuss.

The patient was home by mid-day, but I was a basket case clear until evening. LOL! I didn't do much of anything but study and make one card, which had to be made... since it was due on my blog today.

Trust me, I was not in a mood that you would have wanted to see. So I stayed away from SCS.

And now I'm so far behind I'll never catch up - and I have a meeting today and another one on Thursday (both here in town) and head out of town Friday/Saturday for VBS Workshop #2. Sooooo please forgive me dashing through and waving but not commenting to everyone. I have read the thread! You ladies are such a joy in my life!

I must have missed something. Brock had surgery??????? Glad that it went well.
Save
Old 03-01-2017, 07:00 AM   #6277
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning, friends!

I want to go with Barb and Roomie and friends to Fat Tuesday!!! YUM!! Have a great time!

YAY on the patient doing so well, J! Happy to hear that ~ and I'm sure you are much relieved. He's a trooper!

Today was an excrutiating commute to the schools - 3.5 HOURS round trip!!! the high school is 15 minutes away from my house! The Middle school 20! This is cah-razy. Now at 2 pm, I get to do it in reverse - yowza.

Shelly - glad you are keeping an eye on mom. She's in good hands with you ♥

Hi Lynn!!

Waving and sharing sunshine!
That's a crazy commute. I sure could not do that every day, but we have people here in Houston area that do every day. I think 1/2 hour is too much.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:14 PM   #6278
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all and Happy March!

I had an interesting morning - went to my new dr, who turns out to be really kind. I like her a lot. And - surprise - she specializes in people who have the disease that I have and I don't need to see a specialist! YAY! one stop shopping!

Came home to find my street surrounded by cops and helicopters flying overhead ~ had to show my license to get into my own street as it was cordoned off. Turns out a lady that was served divorce papers lost her mind and threatened to blow up the house with her and her mother and shoot people! What. on. earth. I told my husband "you are about to get a new patient .........." :/

Maggie - the commute is awful. It normally takes me less than an hour, but the construction in this area has once again started and it causes massive gridlock. Plus, people in Miami are truly bad drivers - a red light for example, means the next 10 to 15 cars STILL keep going so when my light is green, to go, it's actually not ... and it just keeps getting further backed up! They have only limited amount of lights with cameras - and since people know this - they run the lights and dont care and we look like LA freeways there and back. And this area is so overdeveloped, there is only one or two artery roads to get in and out of - we have no choice, unless we move. Dh says no way, I say yes way, and so far, I loose!

Ladies, I have a prayer request or if you could think good thoughts! My daughter's boyfriend sat for the LSAT and gets his scores tomorrow or Friday. He's a nervous wreck! If he doesn't score high enough (I think he will!) it will delay his acceptance and entrance to law school and he'll have to try again in the Fall.

Thank you!
barbaralynn, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:07 PM   #6279
Mad Swapper

Oh Kelly what a blessing to find that Dr - and not need to go to a specialist!! I am so glad we live in small town NZ when I hear of your traffic woes!!

We are chugging along here and gradually coming to terms with the huge changes in diet for DH - high calories, high fat, high protein... and all pureed if it is what I prepare apart from the 'liquid meal replacements'... he can only manage two of those a day when the dietitian prescribed three a day - although it is available fully funded, there is a chronic shortage and we can only pick up a couple of tins at a time, and that only lasts 4-5 days max!! Oh the joys

Waving to you from an autumnal Down Under
Old 03-02-2017, 04:08 AM   #6280

Did you notice? I wasn't here yesterday. Sheesh! As it turns out, about 9:30 Tuesday night, a storm was raging when our town's tornado sirens started blaring. My DH and I looked at the warning on TV and I started pacing. (That's about the best we can do, since we have no basement.) LOL! A few minutes later, the cable went out on the TV... and so did our internet service.

The storm blew through and I went to bed. Wednesday morning... still no internet. By mid-day we discovered that the tornado (which by the way did touch down about 30 minutes away from us and sadly there was a fatality) cut a major fiber cable which was needed to service cable/internet to our town. We were without internet/cable all day long yesterday. But, YAY! When we got home from church last night, they had it fixed! So I promptly put together a blog post and dealt with some emails, but didn't have time to get to SCS, too.

Maggie, I'm sorry you're not feeling well... get better soon! (((HUGS)))

Kelly, that's just way too much excitement in your neighborhood. Hope it's all calm now!

Maxine, my heart aches for you and your DH... and to have to deal with the "food" shortages, too. UGH! Prayers and hugs for you both!

Barb, I wish I'd been invited to join you at the Cajun Buffet. It sounds fun!

I hope you all have a good day! Mine will be spent in a meeting.

Find Me on Instagram