Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-13-2017, 06:56 AM   #6201
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Ladies! We did have a great weekend. Friday night at a wine bar with some friends for a small plate supper that we shared. Saturday afternoon at a college basketball game with family and then dinner at a hibachi grill--it was great to see the kids, ages 4 and 7, watch the guy grilling and showing off! Sunday then church and off to the dinner theatre for Mama Mia--it was outstanding! The lead, Donna, reminded us of a young Morgan Fairchild, and she had such a great voice!

Today I am organizing and recording all of the packages from the Thank You Cards swap and hope to get starting on the swapping. We have sunshine today and temps in the 40's--the sunshine is to stay all week and we are to be in the 50's by the weekend--YAY as it feels and looks like spring!!!! But, I know it is still February and I am sure winter is not done!

Have a Marvelous Monday!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:30 AM   #6202
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Barb, when winter returns, please keep it. I don't want it!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 02-13-2017, 09:41 AM   #6203
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

:::: insert impatient tapping here ::::

I'm. still. waiting. for. winter!!!

Hi girls - feelin' like Monday, 100% here! Ugh.

Shel - thank you SO MUCH for the sweet comment on my blog - about .. well ... writing That touched my heart! That was my dream - to be a writer, and while working to accomplish that goal, to work at some fancy schmancy editing firm! In fact, I don't know if you all know, I had a full ride scholarship to New York and turned it down to stay here with my honey. He had no idea ~ I got the letter and didn't accept the award or admission spot. My guidance counselor threw a full on tantrum when she found out, demanding if I knew what I was "throwing away!" I said yes, but "I have a boyfriend and I'm 17 and I'm in love and I'm not leaving him." LOL! I thought she was going to have a coronary. She even called my parents to the school to make sure they knew and to talk some sense into me. We didn't have two dimes to rub together for my college, so it was a double whopper of insanity and they just scratched their heads - mom probably yelling and dad just saying "well, it's up to her .... really."

So no New York for me. I did get a college degree - and it was paid for by another scholarship. My good grades and God's good graces lead me in the direction of a local college that paid 100% of my tuition and books and I switched over to psychology 'to do some good in the world!'

And the best part: I married that boy ♥ Here we are, 34 years and 4 kids later

Waving to all ~ stay warm!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 02-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #6204
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maxine, I'm sorry to hear you've been under the weather. UGH! How did things go with the prospective pastor?

Maggie, did you find Petunia?

Lynn, we like seeing you when you're not busy seeing doctors.

Barb, sounds like you had great weekend plans... I hope you enjoyed every moment!

I hope you all have a great start to the week. Today will be part busy and part fun for me. I have a meeting this afternoon... but this morning I'm going to work on some cards. I have DT responsibilities I need to get busy on. I need to be working on the plans/preps for my big workshop I'm leading in two weeks, but I am not going to do that today. I do plan to do some of it tomorrow though.
Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
Well, yes and no! She showed up just a little while after I couldn't find her and spent the day running around the house - she does not walk, she runs everywhere! Corey and Paisley are not at all enamored of her, they hiss and growl at her whenever she gets anywhere near them. Maggie Mae will sometimes hiss at her if Petunia gets too wild. Casper is the one that will put up with her the most, but he's even taken a swat to her. I put her in her old room for the night so she could eat in peace and we could all sleep in peace. She did well Sunday. I went and played in my stamp room after dinner for awhile, but I had the door closed so she couldn't get in. When I was ready for bed, I went to look for her, but couldn't find her anywhere. I figured she'd show up sooner or later and when she did, I'd just go put her in her room. Well, it was quiet all night. When the alarm went off Corey was right there meowing for me to get up and fix breakfast. I thought I heard Petunia also, but I couldn't find her. She went missing again and I spent 1 1/2 hours tearing my house apart looking for that little stinker. Under all the furniture, looked in all the cabinets, behind all the furniture, everywhere imaginable and some not. Could not find her anywhere. I called my GF who is our receptionist to let her know I'd be late to work. She said to get something that would make noise that would draw her out. I also said a prayer to find her because by now she wasn't making any noises so I was imagining all the worst there could be. I went around opening all the doors and cabinets again and when I got to my stamp room, which I had already looked in and she wasn't there, I turned on the light and there she was all curled up on my chair!!!!!!!! Now how did she get in there! Little stinker!
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 02-13-2017, 12:47 PM   #6205
Quacker Stamper

Had some conversation this morning with the HPD Officer in charge of the theft case of the SD box. She just received 4 days worth of video of the bank and hopefully something will show up on that to lead to the perps! I did ask her again about getting the coin list back. I need to get that appraisal done so I can finish up my tax return to take the loss of the coins. She said that she had to keep the originals for now but would send me a copy. Not sure why she's just getting to this since I asked her about it before. Hopefully she is putting that copy in the mail to me today. I've got to get the appraisal done before I do anything with the insurance company or finish up my income taxes.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:51 AM   #6206

Oh, Kelly... I can just imagine what the school counselor thought. Yikes! And your parents, too. I'm glad it turned out okay for you in the end!

Maggie, I think Petunia has a new name - Stinker! And about the theft... I hope you get some answers!

Leaving a trail of (((HUGS))) and Merriment

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-14-2017, 06:57 AM   #6207
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I hope it is a Wonderful Day!!!

Old 02-15-2017, 04:34 AM   #6208

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-15-2017, 12:18 PM   #6209
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon. I had a humane society meeting this morning at 7:30, so that means leaving the house at 6:45. I then had a haircut at 11:30, so I decided to go out for a late breakfast after the meeting and do some shopping in the small town where my salon is. In January, I changed hairdressers, as I had been going to the same lady for many, many years in the town where I taught. I now have a new person which is much closer to my home and I really like her.

I am headed to the stamp room now and plan to work on a couple of the card kits I got in January!
Old 02-15-2017, 10:26 PM   #6210
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Adventures of Shelly and Kathleen continue....... We had an appt with the Social worker that works with Cognitively impaired people. I invited all of my siblings- the usual 3 plus the youngest sis showed up. We talked about what is best- is it OK for her to travel, move from house to house, etc.....Also about the best ways to keep her stimulated, etc The we all went out together. My eldest sis had a wheelchair at her home- she had her hubby;s Aunt living there a few yrs ago. Now, if we want to go for a long walk at the Arboretum. etc with tons of walking, we can still go.

Kelly- I cannot even imagine if one of my kids came home with such a scholarship and wanted to turn it down for a boy! How God works- look there, you still got scholarship and it all worked out beautifully in the end!

Maggie and her cat adventures- so funny. Hopefully the cats will all get along in time. Also, hope they can get leads on the missing coins- and get you your list back.

Barb- it is not easy to change a hairdresser after many years- Kudos and glad you enjoy her!

I had to stay up till midnight and have just one more Girl Scout cookie! I am on clear liquids today, Thursday, for a colonscopy and upper endoscopy Friday..... It was delicious......

Night all
Shelly
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:37 PM   #6211
Mad Swapper

OH Shelly - I hate the sound of that - my Son in Law had that a colonoscopy a few years ago and the prep was worse than the actual procedure... the endoscopy wasn't too bad for DH.

DH and I are chugging along here - we are having early mornings at the moment as we are caring for a DGS between his mother going to work and school starting... will be glad when tomorrow morning (the last) is over!!

I got some studio time in this afternoon as it is raining here - but Christchurch is surrounded by fire on the southern edge and tinder dry...

Cut my second cabbage for the season between showers this morning, and it weighed in at 3.6 kgs (Nearly 8 lb!). It will be shared as that's a tad large for the two of us!!

Waving to you all from Down Under
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:50 AM   #6212

Barb, you sure packed a lot into one day. Is today going to be a bit slower paced? Remember, at your older-than-dirt age, it's not good to over-do.

Shelly, it is so good that you and your siblings are working together to make things best for Mom! You sound like a great team. I hope your test goes okay... and that you soon have another GS cookie to enjoy!

Maxine, me! ME!!! Please share with me! I absolutely LOVE cabbage!!! One of my most favorite veggies - brussel sprouts is my most favorite (little cabbages, as my DD calls them.)

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:57 AM   #6213
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy Thursday Morning! I am hoping you have a great day!
Old 02-16-2017, 08:31 AM   #6214
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Adventures of Shelly and Kathleen continue....... We had an appt with the Social worker that works with Cognitively impaired people. I invited all of my siblings- the usual 3 plus the youngest sis showed up. We talked about what is best- is it OK for her to travel, move from house to house, etc.....Also about the best ways to keep her stimulated, etc The we all went out together. My eldest sis had a wheelchair at her home- she had her hubby;s Aunt living there a few yrs ago. Now, if we want to go for a long walk at the Arboretum. etc with tons of walking, we can still go.

Kelly- I cannot even imagine if one of my kids came home with such a scholarship and wanted to turn it down for a boy! How God works- look there, you still got scholarship and it all worked out beautifully in the end!

Maggie and her cat adventures- so funny. Hopefully the cats will all get along in time. Also, hope they can get leads on the missing coins- and get you your list back.

Barb- it is not easy to change a hairdresser after many years- Kudos and glad you enjoy her!

I had to stay up till midnight and have just one more Girl Scout cookie! I am on clear liquids today, Thursday, for a colonscopy and upper endoscopy Friday..... It was delicious......

Night all
Shelly
Ugh! I cannot stomach that terrible stuff you have to drink for the colonoscopy. Hope it all goes well.

I'm curious what they said for your mom about taking her on trips and moving her location from time to time. I'm glad that the siblings showed up for the meeting.

I don't know about these kitties, but
I have been putting her back in the storage room at night where she can eat her dinner and breakfast in peace and so can the other kitties eat their special breakfast. Last night though she didn't want to stay in there and woke me up meowing about 2 PM. I had an idea to try and we'll see how it goes. I still have the screen door in my hallway in place from when Chancey was living in my bedroom and separated from Paisley. So, I went out and closed that door. None of the other ones were in my bedroom, and I let Petunia out so she could come in my bedroom. I left the door to the storage room open where her food was. Ugh! She though I was a play toy. She got on the bed and kept attacking my body when I would move or roll over. Not sure how much sleep I was able to get after that. I put her back in the storage room for her breakfast. We'll see how that plan works.

No list yet, but I'm hopeful.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:33 AM   #6215
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
OH Shelly - I hate the sound of that - my Son in Law had that a colonoscopy a few years ago and the prep was worse than the actual procedure... the endoscopy wasn't too bad for DH.

DH and I are chugging along here - we are having early mornings at the moment as we are caring for a DGS between his mother going to work and school starting... will be glad when tomorrow morning (the last) is over!!

I got some studio time in this afternoon as it is raining here - but Christchurch is surrounded by fire on the southern edge and tinder dry...

Cut my second cabbage for the season between showers this morning, and it weighed in at 3.6 kgs (Nearly 8 lb!). It will be shared as that's a tad large for the two of us!!

Waving to you all from Down Under
Wow! Hope the church is okay and that the fire doesn't damage it.

That sounds humongus for a cabbage. So yummy.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:34 AM   #6216
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Barb, you sure packed a lot into one day. Is today going to be a bit slower paced? Remember, at your older-than-dirt age, it's not good to over-do.

Shelly, it is so good that you and your siblings are working together to make things best for Mom! You sound like a great team. I hope your test goes okay... and that you soon have another GS cookie to enjoy!

Maxine, me! ME!!! Please share with me! I absolutely LOVE cabbage!!! One of my most favorite veggies - brussel sprouts is my most favorite (little cabbages, as my DD calls them.)

I also love Brussels sprouts and hardly anyone else in the famiiy does. I found a new recipe in our newspaper to make using them and want to try it one of these days. I need to tweak it so it's not so many Smart Points.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #6217
Mad Swapper

Hi all - Maggie Christchurch is a city in the South Island - sorry I didn't make that clear. There is finally some rain there and the wind changed to blow the fires back where it had already burnt. Last I heard 11 houses had burnt, numerous others damaged by heat and smoke, and most tragically a young married helicopter pilot helping to fight the fire ( it is on very steep terrain) crashed and was killed.
Still raining here, and thunderstorms predicted this afternoon so more studio time coming up☺
Waving to you all from Down Under...
Old 02-17-2017, 04:10 AM   #6218

Maggie, I love hearing the stories of your kitties - and am kind of partial to Petunia - I can just envision your night of being a toy to be pounced on and batted at. LOL! Oh, tell me more about this brussel sprout recipe. I'm curious. And what is your favorite way to eat them? (Mine is stir-fried with garlic pepper -but still a bit of crunch. Balsamic vinegar added the last little bit of cooking time.)

Maxine, that is so sad about the young helicopter driver.

Barb, my day yesterday was good. I had a meeting/event last night and it went very well. Brock enjoyed the food everyone brought (finger foods) and was very well behaved.

I've made the 10 cards for next month's new release at Frantic Stampers - in the past 2 days - and today I absolutely MUST invest my time/energies in my workshop preparations for (*gasp) next week! EEK!!!!

Oh.... but Brock and I also HAVE to go to the park and feed his ducks today. They will be looking for him.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:54 AM   #6219
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning from sunny and warn Wisconsin--I am not sure I have ever posted that in February! It is to be in the 50's today and it is to stay that way into next week!

Old 02-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #6220
Mad Swapper

Loads of thunder yesterday, and also some in the wee small hours of the night.😃
Only got one card made yesterday afternoon - got a desperate phone call - could I please pick up the youngest grandie from pre-school as his parent has lost track of time and is running late. Thankfully it's only a five minute walk away, but then he had to be fed and supervised and played with etc, and when his Dad arrived a cuppa was on the table.... Then it got so late DD arrived from work and shared a coffee...

The joys of local family 😃😃😃
Old 02-17-2017, 12:35 PM   #6221
Pearl-ExPert

Not even going to try to keep up here anymore! LOL! The last two weeks have been too crazy for me to do much of anything. Broken tooth, broken glasses, ingrown toenail (that hasn't been fixed just yet), physical therapy, and Jim...............
We're fine but super busy. Hope everyone is good!
Old 02-18-2017, 04:55 AM   #6222

I love the weather you/we are having, Barb! Bring it on!!!

Maxine, it's good you were close enough to help out the child "left behind". And then the joys of spending time with the parents who finally showed up.

Lynn, well of course you can't keep up... with all of that going on. My goodness! You have had some challenges, haven't you?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-20-2017, 04:52 AM   #6223

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-20-2017, 05:10 AM   #6224
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Monday! We had a great weekend, with wonderful weather. I have some issues with my laptop and I am heading to Best Buy to get a new one I think. I have all of my files, but lost everything in my email program--calendar, notes, saved emails along with all of my bookmarks on the internet. I did a backup early in January, so I am not sure if they can get any of those items from that. I am happy that I have all of my files, but sad that I have to recreate so many other things. I do use iCloud for some things, so I have all of my contacts and a partial calendar. Just a bit frustrated this morning....................... I am headed to a birthday stamp-a-stack this morning and will tackle these issues after that.

I hope you have a wonderful day!
Old 02-20-2017, 05:41 AM   #6225

I'm sorry to hear of your computer problems, Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-20-2017, 05:49 AM   #6226
SCS RAK Coordinator

Thanks Jeanette--it will be OK, but it just stings a bit right now!
Old 02-20-2017, 06:35 AM   #6227
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning! Praise report ~ We are on the mend! What a doozie - worst flu I've ever experienced in this house. I don't ever want to go through this again

I'm so far behind I won't even try to catch up - but know I'm grateful to each of you!

Hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:17 PM   #6228
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Quickly dropping in to say hi! It has been nutty here! Mom and I are both sick with an upper resp virus. Mine turned into asthmatic bronchitis.....Mom sounded horrible and of course, wheezing started for both of us Friday nite...... Mine is one of those situations where I know what to do.... Mom does not have asthma....so luckily, I had some of dad's old steroids...LOL plus nebulizer and an oxygen finger meter....so that kept us from the ER... We went into the doc(s) today. I was scolded....if someone does not have asthma, NO steroids..... oh well, we are getting better and no harm

Colonoscopy was fine- found polyps, so 5 yrs repeat. I had a quick prep, not too horrid- not the awful liter of nasty liquid. Upper scope to do a couple tests.

MMmmmmm I love Brussel sprouts- not always the case- never frozen....fresh, wash, cut in 1/2, light drizzle with olive oil and add sea salt..... 400 over for 20 ish minutes..... yummy!!!

Kelly- glad your crew is recovering!

Maggie- hope they get on copying that report! LOL Jeanette- yes, Petunia is a character from the sounds of it!

Barb- so sorry about your computer! Oh boy! My son says I should get a mac..... My youngest refuses to get a Mac...

Oh Maxine- the joys of having family close by- those little ones grow up too quickly! Thinking of you and keeping you in prayers- hope hubby is OK and pain is being managed well.

Waving hello to all- gotta get to bed!!!

Shelly
barbaralynn, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:45 AM   #6229
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Everyone! Today is a much better day for me!!!!! I did buy a new laptop yesterday and they are trying to transfer as much as possible from my old one and the external back up that I gave them too. They said 48-72 hours, but they are not too busy, so might be on the short end. I am on roomie's Surface Pro and since both are on the same Office 365 account, all of my bookmarks are here, so I am thinking they too can be transferred when I get the new laptop! I will make the best of it and I was reminded by a good friend yesterday that I do have all of my files and documents, and all of the rest can be recreated! That is true!

Stamp class was fun yesterday as we made 3 sets of 3 masculine birthday cards and I am glad to have them as they are hard for me to create at times! I have a couple of errands to do today and we are to be in the high 60's, so a good day to be out and about! Have a great day!
mschoener and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:44 AM   #6230

I'm sorry I'm tardy today - I've been up since 5:00, but DH got home last night at 11:00 and he woke early this morning, too (*shock) so we've been chatting. We had a lot to tell each other... and might still be chatting except he's decided he needs to shower and go to the office.

UGH! Sorry you and mom are sick, Shelly!

Kelly, so glad you and your family are on the mend!

Barb, YAY for saved files, photos, and even bookmarks... and a new computer, too!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:25 PM   #6231
Mad Swapper

Hi all - DH decided last week that it was time to ask for a stent to be fitted to help his eating, and today the hospital rang and he is booked in for tomorrow - not bad for a public hospital - please pray, as with his multiple issues this becomes a far bigger risk than for most. Thank you allWaving from a warm and sunny down under
Old 02-21-2017, 06:48 PM   #6232
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, I'll be praying for your husband and thinking of you through this procedure!
Hope everyone is on the mend now from the flu and all the respiratory problems. The flu was so bad this year Kelly. They even had to close some of the schools around here recently as there were so many kids out with flu.
All is good around here. Trying to post a little more and find more time for crafting and all that. Had a horrendous storm Sunday night and lost about a third of the roof here. Part of it was stuck in the tree outside! No power and no water either. Finally got it all taken care by late afternoon yesterday so all is fine. We were so lucky though as there were tornadoes in the area too.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:49 PM   #6233

Maxine, I'm praying for your DH and the procedure... for the medical staff... and for you! (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-21-2017, 06:50 PM   #6234

Lynn, yikes! That was some storm. I'm sorry you had to deal with all that in addition to everything else.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-22-2017, 05:06 AM   #6235

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-22-2017, 07:31 AM   #6236
Gabfest Goddess

Morning all!

Lynn, glad to hear that you made it safely through that storm, although it sounds like it was a whopper! I would have been really scared!

Maxine, prayers for hubby just now & throughout my day, although I suspect everything is now done in your time zone...check in and let us know how everything is going. {{Hugs}}

Waving, waving to everyone from sort-of-sunny-but warm New Hampshire!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 02-22-2017, 07:42 AM   #6237
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Wednesday! I too am happy as I am typing on my new laptop! It is nice........................ It took them less than 24 hours to set up and transfer everything--I do have all of my bookmarks and notes and calendar. The only things I lost were my saved and old emails-but I had not backed those up, so it is a fresh start there! I spent over an hour and a half with the Geek Squad guy making sure everything was there and we had to transfer a few things a second time from my back-up and the Surface Pro. I am still getting used to the new keyboard as it is smaller and a few keys are in a slightly different location, but I am loving it!!!!!!

With all of the errands out of the house the last two days, it will be nice to stay in all day and get inky! I hope you have a great one!
Old 02-22-2017, 07:42 AM   #6238
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maxine--praying for a successful surgery for your hubby!
Old 02-22-2017, 05:08 PM   #6239
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies--Happy Monday! We had a great weekend, with wonderful weather. I have some issues with my laptop and I am heading to Best Buy to get a new one I think. I have all of my files, but lost everything in my email program--calendar, notes, saved emails along with all of my bookmarks on the internet. I did a backup early in January, so I am not sure if they can get any of those items from that. I am happy that I have all of my files, but sad that I have to recreate so many other things. I do use iCloud for some things, so I have all of my contacts and a partial calendar. Just a bit frustrated this morning....................... I am headed to a birthday stamp-a-stack this morning and will tackle these issues after that.

I hope you have a wonderful day!
Must be an epidemic! I had issues with my own laptop this weekend. Long story. I was able to get it fixed after a long conversation with my friendly IT guy. Then had to spend 3 hours on the phone yesterday morning with McAfee to get my security reinstalled.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:11 PM   #6240
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi all - DH decided last week that it was time to ask for a stent to be fitted to help his eating, and today the hospital rang and he is booked in for tomorrow - not bad for a public hospital - please pray, as with his multiple issues this becomes a far bigger risk than for most. Thank you allWaving from a warm and sunny down under
So, so sorry Maxine. I hope it all works out and DH will be okay with it.