Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-21-2017, 04:15 AM   #6081
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Woo Hoo! Barb isn't hoarding Darlene (like she hoards Smoochy)... hi Darlene (who is at Barb's house). So good to see you!!!

Kelly, congrats again.... and Starbucks, too. Definitely was a good day for you!

Kel, I'm sure you'll get everything accomplished before your conference. We'll miss you!

Waving to everyone else!

Leaving a trail of (((HUGS))) and Merriment

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:42 AM   #6082
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi girls!

Had a few minutes to check in! Late night last night as the dd's had a slumber party last night - up til 3 am! Or maybe longer, I was in bed by 1 am They had some friends over so there was a lot of giggling and chatter! Never too old for a sleepover

Little man left for 3 day boy scout camp - such an incredible journey they will have! They are driving up the east coast of Fl, taking a ferry over to a private island, and camping for 3 days on the shore - fishing, cooking, camping, great memories! Meanwhile, I get to craft! Woot!

I hope Barb and Darlene are having a WONDERFUL time at stamp camp together this morning!!! Enjoy!

*Sharing sunshine*
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:38 PM   #6083
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Afternoon--we are watching the Packer game right now and things are not going well at all, so I thought I would check in here. We had a wonderful time at Camp yesterday. We made five sweet cards in the morning and all of us worked on projects in the afternoon/evening. Both LJ and myself were winners for the raffle prizes--LJ got a new stamp set with matching dies and I won a new stamp set and baker's twine. We had great food and it was a fun day all in all.

Here is a picture with my demo Sarah, who I speak of often. Great Smiles!

Darlene and I are headed to Sarah's house tomorrow morning to make our hostess club cards and a birthday card stamp-a-stack--female cards--plus Sarah is making soup for us for lunch. We then head to the airport as her flight is at 6:20 tomorrow night--Boo Hiss!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend--the Packers just scored a TD, so things are a bit brighter for the moment............
mschoener and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:31 PM   #6084
Insane Embellisher

Hi everyone!

My niece's party went well last Saturday...except some of us picked up a bug unknowingly. Mike got sick on Sunday, my Mom on Monday and me on Tuesday. I missed 3 days of work recovering from it. So it's been a pretty busy weekend catching up on what we couldn't do earlier in the week. The Christmas decorations are almost all down, just a few things to go plus the small village. Hopefully we can get it all finished next weekend so I can put up a few Valentine decorations. I used my Kohl's coupon and Kohl's cash online to get a couple new things. I had free shipping too, can't beat that!

Maxine - I am sorry to hear the big C may be spreading in DH Glad the new med is helping his pain levels. Yay for an Amazon package! I recently got one also with fun foam to try and the Stick it too!

Maggie - I think being a certified genealogist would be great for you. I hope you can work it out to start in May.

Jeanette - hope you are feeling better by now.

Barb & Darlene - Glad you are having so much fun together!!

Kelly - I hope your SUV can stay together until the summer! Maybe some fancy duct tape will help? Or washi tape!

Shelly - keeping my fingers crossed your computer returns soon!

Kel - good to hear from you! Hope your conference goes well.

Lynn - I didn't realize you were moving either. Glad you and Jim are getting settled in. I hope Rambo gets used to his new home soon.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:29 AM   #6085

Oh Kelly... what a life... to spend time on a private beach. Couldn't you stow away in little man's stuff and tag along? Oh, wait... the crafting weekend sounds splendid, too!

Barb, what a gorgeous picture of beautiful friends! Love it! So glad you have had a good weekend. Sad to hear today is the day Darlene has to fly home, though!

Kristie, ugh! Not good that you three got a bug. Glad it's over now.... and you're getting life back in shape. I'm feeling much better now, thanks. Just have the cough and stuffiness now... I can manage it just fine.

AND... I managed to get the decorations at DH's office down and boxed up yesterday. Woo Hoo! All of the Christmas decorations are put away... until November when I start all that craZiness all over again.

Well, for those of you who like to be informed, I'm on the go again - I am leaving town early tomorrow morning and will be gone a couple of days for meetings... so I'll see you again on Thursday.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-23-2017, 05:55 AM   #6086
Pearl-ExPert

Checking in to say hi. Oh I wish I was at the stamp camp with you ladies! How fun that must be.
Maxine, you're always, always in my thoughts. Think of you daily. Wish there was some way to help out.
Kelly, busy as always
Kel, that's great about school! Hang in there.
Jeanette, have you ever thought about leaving all those decorations up till next year! Know you had a bunch.
All is ok here. Oh, and the address is the same - mailing address that is. Didn't move too far from the other place and so everything is the same except physical address.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:57 AM   #6087

Hi Lynn... good to see you! No, as much as I love the Christmas decorations, our tiny house breathes a sigh of relief when I put them away. LOL!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-23-2017, 06:25 AM   #6088
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies. We have had a busy morning so far as Darlene changed her flight to noon to try to avoid the nasty weather hitting the east coast. She is now leaving at noon and flying to Orlando, then to NH--only in America do you fly via Florida from the Midwest to the east! If her flight home gets canceled, at least she is in Florida and not the original connection of Baltimore! We are still going to Sarah's in a bit to make our hostess club cards, but not the birthday stamp-a-stack. Oh Well. We have had a great time--and will miss her being here! And, we did watch the games yesterday and Darlene's team, the Pat's won! Mine, not so much as the Falcons trounced the Packers.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:51 AM   #6089
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Tuesday! I am headed to Sarah's house this morning for the birthday card stamp-a-stack. I also get to complete my January hostess club order--I love so many of the new items in the Occasions catty and then the free SAB toys are cool too! And, I am hoping that Darlene gets home today--she was "stranded" in Orlando yesterday as the flight to the northeast were delayed. This afternoon I will get some cards done from some recent card kits I received and complete a swap. Have a Terrific Tuesday Too!!!!!
Old 01-24-2017, 08:15 AM   #6090
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning!

Ah, I wish I lived closer to Orlando - I could have scooped up Darlene or at least kept her company! I hope she's able to get home (prayers!)

Sending hugs to all as I've got a free hour this morning and I'm getting inky!

Sharing Sunshine!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:44 AM   #6091
SCS RAK Coordinator

Kelly--Darlene made it home last night and I am sure she liked sleeping in her own bed!
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:44 AM   #6092
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Hump Day! We are getting a bit of snow here, but other parts of Wisconsin are getting a whole bunch more of snow........... I get to spend all day in the stamp room again and I hope to complete the swap I started yesterday. I hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Old 01-25-2017, 08:14 AM   #6093
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay for Darlene's safe landing home! I hope Florida was good to you

Waving to all and scattering sunshine!
Old 01-25-2017, 01:03 PM   #6094
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello everyone! Or, All Y'all as I learn in Texas recently!

I am sorry for being MIA- trying to keep up, but just cannot type on my phone! My computer is BACK! Yahoo- if I were more computer savvy, I would put up a nice picture of myself doing a Cartwheel or something!!!
It came back completely wiped of all programs and pictures, etc. I had backed it up, but not all of the files copied- eg..... my Create with TLC digi files- the backup stopped at files named C-something..... meaning I lost over 5000 images from that company.....Oh well... that is why ai wil never go all digital in stamping!

My Mom is back from Tx and living with me. Her memory has further declined. She has random things that she remembers...very sad disease. We are working on starting her on a blood thinner and getting the levels right, and a possible drug allergy causing a rash all over her vs eczema.

I found time to make two cards yesterday. I am slower than Molasses!

Kelly- I will take some of that sunshine please! Mom and I have been sitting under OTT lights when creating! Hoping that whatver it has - sinks in!

Darlene and Barb- again, sorry to have missed you- maybe next year!!!

Waving hello to all

Shelly
Old 01-26-2017, 03:27 AM   #6095

YAY! I'm glad to hear Darlene made it home... but sorry Kelly was too far away to hang out with her during her unexpected stay in Florida. The silly state is just way too big if it kept Darlene and Kelly apart, right?

Barb, how fun to spend time in the craft room... and get to make a hostess order during Sale-a-Bration, too.

Shelly, that is so sad about the lost images. UGH! But I'm glad you have your computer back. They fixed it well, I assume. Hugs to you and Mom... I'm sure there are both challenges and blessings having her there with you.

I hope you all have a GREAT day today! I need to do some study/research... but also plan to find time to make a card or two. I think I'll fix soup for supper... need to see if I will have to go to the store to get any ingredients or if I have everything I need.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-26-2017, 05:56 AM   #6096
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Everyone. I have a couple of errands to do today and then I will be home to stamp this afternoon. We only got a dusting of snow, but some other parts close to us got up to 10 inches. Not us this time!
Old 01-26-2017, 06:01 AM   #6097

WOW! That's a lot of snow, Barb... I'd be glad to miss it... though I'm sure someone we know in Florida would love it!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-26-2017, 07:35 AM   #6098
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

ME! ME! jumping up and down! ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waving to all and sharing all this sunshine and HEAT that we have - yuck! At least I got on my shorts and flip flops again today - this weather goes from 54* to 85* in a blink!

Sharing sunshine!
barbaralynn, mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:19 PM   #6099
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Waving to all and sharing all this sunshine and HEAT that we have - yuck! At least I got on my shorts and flip flops again today - this weather goes from 54* to 85* in a blink!

Sharing sunshine!
85 sounds wonderful lol!! I don't want to rush the year but I really want warmer weather now!
Old 01-26-2017, 11:14 PM   #6100
Mad Swapper

Talking of weather we got a balmy 70 oF here today, and forecast for near 80 oF tomorrow - finally summer is making an appearance!! And the gardens are flourishing

We have DH's son over here from Aussie for the long weekend - Thursday evening until Sunday morning. Just checking up on his Dad. He's currently out trout fishing with (our) DS and they have caught one that we are aware of.

A few cards made, but nothing much doing - I got a hair cut and massage this afternoon - the massage was part of my (long overdue) birthday treat from the hairdresser - it was bliss A welcome break from all the stress that has been going on...

DH is sort of stable - I say sort of as there were some blood tests done this week that may show something nasty Our Dr is away at the moment and the Dr in the practice that is dealing with DH has not got back to us about the irregularity.... and it is a long weekend so won't know till Tuesday at the earliest if it is super bad. I am just going to ignore it for the time being and enjoy the weekend!!

Good to see you Barb and Jeanette and Kel... sorry to hear your mother is slipping Shelly - a difficult time for you along with all the other medical issues. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Good to hear Darlene enjoyed her trip, and that Lynn is alive and kicking and unpacking her home.

Waving to you from a warma nd still sunny downunder - although the sun is about to set on Friday here
Old 01-27-2017, 03:58 AM   #6101

I know, Kelly... you! you! you!

Kristie, I'm ready to rush things right along to warmer weather!

Maxine, (((HUGS)))... I'm sorry to hear there might be further health issues for your DH. I suspect you'll be on pins and needles as you try to enjoy the weekend. Praying for you and your DH!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-27-2017, 06:13 AM   #6102
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends--Have a Fabulous Friday!

Old 01-27-2017, 06:59 AM   #6103
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

OH dear, this group needs a hug! Maxine, continued prayers dear friend and here is to hoping those test results are better than expected. I know you are doing so much and keeping him comfortable ~ you are an amazing nurse and support system and I'm HAPPY to hear you are taking care of you, too!

And Shelly - with your mom. She sounds like she is right where she needs to be - bless you for being the dutiful daughter!

YAY - I'm getting SNOW! ♥

Kristie - I keep hearing that! I guess it's harder for us since we only get one season! But year round flip flops is pretty cool

Little man has a sleepover tonight with his school chums - so much to do, not that a bunch of little boys will even notice! LOL!

Sharing sunshine!
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:08 PM   #6104
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Kelly--Darlene made it home last night and I am sure she liked sleeping in her own bed!
Yes, it's always good to go visit, but always nice to get back home again to your own things. It's great that you were able to spend so much time together and had fun!
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 01-27-2017, 12:12 PM   #6105
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello everyone! Or, All Y'all as I learn in Texas recently!

I am sorry for being MIA- trying to keep up, but just cannot type on my phone! My computer is BACK! Yahoo- if I were more computer savvy, I would put up a nice picture of myself doing a Cartwheel or something!!!
It came back completely wiped of all programs and pictures, etc. I had backed it up, but not all of the files copied- eg..... my Create with TLC digi files- the backup stopped at files named C-something..... meaning I lost over 5000 images from that company.....Oh well... that is why ai wil never go all digital in stamping!

My Mom is back from Tx and living with me. Her memory has further declined. She has random things that she remembers...very sad disease. We are working on starting her on a blood thinner and getting the levels right, and a possible drug allergy causing a rash all over her vs eczema.

I found time to make two cards yesterday. I am slower than Molasses!

Kelly- I will take some of that sunshine please! Mom and I have been sitting under OTT lights when creating! Hoping that whatver it has - sinks in!

Darlene and Barb- again, sorry to have missed you- maybe next year!!!

Waving hello to all

Shelly
Oh no, Shelly! So sorry to hear that you lost all those images. I really need to do another backup of mine especially my pictures and digital images, but glad to hear your computer is back and is cleaned up.

Also, sorry to hear about your mom's decline. I have heard in the past that sometimes those moving changes can bring that on. They get confused about where they are and who they are with. I hope they can get her meds straightened out.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:14 PM   #6106
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Sharing sunshine!
It's the same here. The other day was in the 80's; this morning down in the 40's. It's only 55 now.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:17 PM   #6107
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Talking of weather we got a balmy 70 oF here today, and forecast for near 80 oF tomorrow - finally summer is making an appearance!! And the gardens are flourishing

We have DH's son over here from Aussie for the long weekend - Thursday evening until Sunday morning. Just checking up on his Dad. He's currently out trout fishing with (our) DS and they have caught one that we are aware of.

A few cards made, but nothing much doing - I got a hair cut and massage this afternoon - the massage was part of my (long overdue) birthday treat from the hairdresser - it was bliss A welcome break from all the stress that has been going on...

DH is sort of stable - I say sort of as there were some blood tests done this week that may show something nasty Our Dr is away at the moment and the Dr in the practice that is dealing with DH has not got back to us about the irregularity.... and it is a long weekend so won't know till Tuesday at the earliest if it is super bad. I am just going to ignore it for the time being and enjoy the weekend!!

Good to see you Barb and Jeanette and Kel... sorry to hear your mother is slipping Shelly - a difficult time for you along with all the other medical issues. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Good to hear Darlene enjoyed her trip, and that Lynn is alive and kicking and unpacking her home.

Waving to you from a warma nd still sunny downunder - although the sun is about to set on Friday here
Nice to hear that DH's son came to spend some quality time with him. I hope that your news is not bad anymore than it already is. Prayers being said for all of you for strength to deal with whatever comes.

Glad you were able to enjoy some time for yourself and the massage I'm sure was really nice.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #6108
Quacker Stamper

It's been a kind of busy week here. I had 2 dinner dates this week. One night I met a GF at a Japanese restaurant and we had spring rolls and sushi. Last night I met 2 other GF's at Sweet Tomatoes (salad bar). I was good and only had salad and some tuna pasta. When I weighed myself this morning I was down almost a pound. When I weighed in on Wednesday at WW I was the same as last week, but my weigh ins at home are always different than theirs because mine are sans clothing and before I eat breakfast.

I have some people coming for dinner tomorrow night, so I'll do some cleaning in the morning. I think I'll use my delivery service for my groceries this time.

Also have dinner at my DD's on Sunday, so I hope I can find some time to be creative.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:57 PM   #6109

Maggie, I love Sweet Tomatoes! The two closest to us - a little over 2 hours away - both closed and we were quite sad.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-28-2017, 04:34 AM   #6110

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-28-2017, 05:48 AM   #6111
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Maggie, I love Sweet Tomatoes! The two closest to us - a little over 2 hours away - both closed and we were quite sad.
Oh, sad for you. I'm so surprised that they closed. This one is always packed.
Old 01-28-2017, 05:51 AM   #6112
Quacker Stamper

Good morning. I did get to play in my stamp room a little bit last night.

This morning I'm ordering groceries so I can get my house cleaned before my company comes. I also invited another GF and then the 2 of us can go to a movie after dinner. The others will only stay for dinner and then have to leave.

Hope to get some inky work done and a couple cards on my blog.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:13 AM   #6113

Yes, Maggie... it was sad. Sounds like you've been busy this morning. Have a good time with your friends!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-29-2017, 06:22 PM   #6114
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hi! Checking in to say hi. We had Ray's family for dinner last night, one of his brothers got mixed up and did not show, so we have lots of leftover meatloaf.... They were out of here by 8:30, so a night in bed on time, yeah!

I had a luncheon today- a work friend from last job retired. It was fun to catch up. I came home and fell asleep on the coach all afternoon. Guess I am behind from this past week.

Off to make cards for the Adult Day Care........ Year of the Rooster cards : )

Shelly
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:58 AM   #6115

I hope you all had a great weekend (I did!) and that today won't be too rough.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-30-2017, 06:05 AM   #6116
SCS RAK Coordinator

I am off to Cards and Coffee class this morning................... It used to be called Coffee, Cards and Biscotti, but Sarah has cut down the gluten for her and her daughter, so she decided it she cannot eat the biscotti, she is not going to make it! Time later for card making here
Old 01-30-2017, 06:42 AM   #6117
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning - a chilly 49 this am when we left for the commute! My Jeep is already breezy and porous so that was a wild ride! Gettin' my winter on!

Maggie - we have a Sweet Tomatoes as well - gosh, I havent' been there in forever! You are inspiring me to add that to my to do list for the week - AND it's right next to my treasured german food stood, so I can stock up! YAY! Thank you! How are all the kitties?

Shelly - how fun! I admire your work (and Susan, in our other thread) with the homes and adult day cares. That's so admirable and I know the attention and joy you bring makes a lot of difference. Year of the Rooster - round these parts, a few of the neighbors have them in their backyards - NOT such a fun way to wake up, ROFL!!!

Waving to everyone!
Old 01-30-2017, 06:44 AM   #6118

Hi Barb... have fun at Cards and Coffee Class!

Hi Kelly... waving back at ya! Can I come and go with you to Sweet Tomatoes? Please!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-30-2017, 02:55 PM   #6119
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

OH Jeanette, I'd love that! Be here by Thursday! LOL!

In case anyone may have seen my blog post, I finally scooped the pictures from my daughter on the mommy Bulldog's litter. She had a whopping nine puppies! When they found her, the pups were already 8 weeks old and she still had all 9 - God bless her. I'll spare you the details on their intended fate, but they got to action and found homes for all the puppies, including mommy. we ALMOST had the sweet baby girl with the spots but I had to hold fast - I knew I'd be the one raising another puppy and I just can't right now. I"m halfway out the door with a job - and it wouldn't have been fair.

But they were the best snuggles for a lot of hours, I'm told!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rescuegirlspots.jpg (73.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg rescuegirl.jpg (47.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg rescuesisters.jpg (78.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-30-2017, 05:23 PM   #6120

Oh my goodness, Kelly... they are precious! Your willpower is amazing, because I don't know if I could have resisted those sweet faces.

Find Me on Instagram