Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-03-2017, 02:31 PM   #6001
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Hi Ladies--one more quick post today. I post "A Year in Review" of my cards from 2016 on my blog on Sunday. I am also giving blog candy to someone who comments. Yes, I am looking for more comments and telling me which card you like the best. Please comment by next Tuesday, the 10th. I will chose a winner and post on the 12th. Thanks!

AND--my friend Kelly is hosting a new challenge group, called Crafters of Faith. We would love to have a few more additions to the group, so if you are interested, please click here! I hope this is OK to post Kelly....... Thanks Again!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:12 PM   #6002
Mad Swapper

Hi girls - we all girls at heart aren't we !! Great to catch up on all the chat

Good to see you calling by and commenting Darlene {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Kelly I hope this year is a bit calmer for you - and well done for the young and smart - I have the Son in Law to care for things like that

Safe travels Barb - those earth ships are fascinating!!

Jeanette it's always great to see you here - how is the card making going - your weekly totals amaze me - how do you do it????

I have missed a day or so here - have not been on line all that much with feeding various stock while family have been out of town - 5 fish and a snail, 4 fowls, 2 guinea pigs, 1 cat and numerous berry bushes maintained over the past week or so.... and some extra berries in our tummies and also eggs .

I have also been crafting up a storm as I had four cards to head out of town for an order, four cards to head to Australia, two local (NZ) birthdays and I still have a wedding anniversary to go....

We have had a couple of days of rain and the garden has sprouted incredibly - they don't grow half as well with tap water!!

Tomorrow I have to sit down and teach my DGD to use the battery operated sewing machine she received for Christmas from a doting "aunt" . DD has never really taken to sewing or any crafts, but in the past few years, thanks to family allergies, has learnt nutritional skills and upped her cooking standards too!

I had better get off here and figure out the aforementioned sewing machine....
mschoener likes this post.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:24 AM   #6003
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Barb, is off.... well, she's older-than-dirt. Does that make her a little off? Nope! That's not what I meant. She's off on another adventure!

Maxine, I am amazed that I made 8 cards in the past 7 days - since we've had so much company... they have been out and about quite a bit, though... mostly shopping.

My DH is taking our Alaska pair to the airport today - we don't all fit in the car, so Brock and I aren't going with them. They're leaving around 9:00 this morning, so they'll have time to stop and walk around the arch on the way. It's closed for renovation or they would have made a day-trip over and actually gone up in it, but it will have to suffice to just walk up to it. They've had a good time here, but I think they are both ready to get back to their village. We will miss them. (Well, for a wee bit. I leave soon on a trip to Alabama, come home and immediately leave for another trip, this time to Texas... so I guess I'll be gone too much to miss them for very long. LOL!)

oooooooooooo Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 01-04-2017, 07:29 AM   #6004
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Here's to a good New Year to all of you!

Maggie, how awful about your SDB and coin collection. I also have a coin collection that my Dad & I started when I was really young. It would be devastating to me if it was gone. I really feel badly for you.

Wishing all of you health and happiness - and blessings!
Thanks Darlene, I hope you have a list of the coins and that they are in a safe place. Yes, they are irreplaceable.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 01-04-2017, 07:50 AM   #6005
Quacker Stamper

Glad to hear that everyone had a good New Year and now back to the every day living.

Maxine, your family is so lucky to have you there to take care of all their critters with all you have to take care of at home. My plants always do so much better with rain rather than my sprinkler system. Enjoy your time with your DGD. I bet she learns quickly.

Barb, Hope you are enjoying your trip.

Jeanette, so bittersweet when the kids leave after a visit, but glad that they gave you time to be crafty. So, where are you coming to in Texas on your trip? Maybe someplace close by?

Darlene, thanks for your prayers, I can always use them.

Kelly, that is so great to have an electrical genius in the crowd. Glad you didn't have to watch the ball drop on your phone.

Shelly is enjoying herself on her family trip. I've seen a few photos on FB.

Sending Happy New Year wishes to Lynn, Kel, and Kristie!

Saturday, a friend texted me to a party at their house that night so I decided to go and we had a fun time. We actually were watching Ohio getting smashed by Clemson! Then watched the ball come down in NYC. We have church at 12:30 this year so I got to sleep in that morning. Monday was take down the decorations day and I got everything put away except the tree and the wreath on the front door which I will leave up for awhile (the wreath, not the tree). The tree will come down this weekend. I cleaned out my storage area in the garage and have 4 boxes of old decorations to also take to MAM. They are tree lights, outside lights, and a bunch of garland that I don't use. Back to work yesterday.

Oh, and I did something last Thursday, I joined Weight Watchers (again?!) Yes, I decided that I really need the structure so I'm going to give it another go. I have a meeting at lunchtime today.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:05 PM   #6006

Hi Maggie, I'm so glad you enjoyed the party and sounds like you've been busy with other things, too.

I'll be flying into Dallas/Fort Worth.... won't see anything but the inside of a church, where our VBS Preview Training takes place. This is my third year to come. I love leading VBS Workshops!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-05-2017, 12:11 AM   #6007
Mad Swapper

Evening Girls,

Barb - safe travels again, and I can see I will be saying that to Jeanette again soon too... these gad-abouts!! Good to hear that DD and her friends visit went well and you saw your surroundings through new eyes Jeanette.

Darlene and Maggie, good to see you.

That sewing machine is a pain in the proverbial - difficult to thread, and the tension was awful to try and maintain. I would rather have taught her on my big machine!! But that said, she is a natural and did really well!!

Waving to you all from down under just before I head to bed.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:03 AM   #6008
Watercolor Wizard

hugs everyone, super belated christmas wishes and happy new year!! i got super sick before thanksgiving with a respiratory infection, ended up on antibiotics and steroids to clear it up but it lingered and then came back over christmas break. so i'm finally on the mend and trying to get back into a routine... everyone (kids and me!) goes back to school on monday so trying to get everything done that i wanted to do over break but was too sick for!!

hoping to be around more often... i dropped a lot of my work hours so hopefully i don't drive myself into the ground this semester. i know a lot of how sick i got was because i was mentally and physically exhausted. i ran out of time to do anything that i enjoyed so i'm hoping this year i'll find some kind of balance.

hugs, check in again soon!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:09 AM   #6009

Yes, we have snow at my house!
Do you?

Maxine, I'm sorry the sewing machine gave you fits... I hope you two were able to have fun sewing together anyway!

Kel, it's sure good to see you! I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick. UGH! Take care!

Well, our two Alaska-bound made it to Anchorage about an hour ago... they will sleep there (in a hotel) then still have the day's flights (2-3) to get to their village in the bush. They might need to end the trip on a Honda (what we call a 4-wheeler in the lower forty-eight), since flights are not dependable... and the snow melted so the snow machines won't be able to run.

Our house is sure quiet now. I guess I won't notice for long though... since I'm leaving for my first out-of-state trip of the year tomorrow. But Friday is good. Until a day ago, I thought the trip started today.

oooooooooooo Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 01-05-2017 at 03:18 AM..
Old 01-05-2017, 09:38 AM   #6010
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! Checking in from Taos. We had a good day yesterday--calm flights, easy 2+ hour drive to our Earthship and supper at Amy's house--Rebecca's niece and her family, along with the 6 of us. Today, Aben and the kids are heading to Josiah's basketball game 2 hours away this afternoon and Rebecca, Kathy and I have a spa appointment--I think we have the better plans. We will probably head into Taos this afternoon, walk around downtown a bit and then head to the spa as there are some hot springs we can enjoy before and after our treatments. All three of us are doing a massage and foot reflexology package at 6:00. Tomorrow night, both Josiah and Xavier have basketball games that we will attend here in town.

I hope you have a fantastic day!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:57 PM   #6011
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Hi Maggie, I'm so glad you enjoyed the party and sounds like you've been busy with other things, too.

I'll be flying into Dallas/Fort Worth.... won't see anything but the inside of a church, where our VBS Preview Training takes place. This is my third year to come. I love leading VBS Workshops!
Bummer that I won't get to meet up with you. One of these days you need to come to TX and have at least a lunch or dinner time open!
Old 01-05-2017, 08:44 PM   #6012

Sounds like a great trip so far, Barb!

Maggie, that would definitely be great!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-06-2017, 12:12 AM   #6013
Mad Swapper

I have spent the whole afternoon and part of the evening in the studio - tidying up!!!!I bought two sets of 3x drawers this morning, and this afternoon I moved stuff from boxes on the floor into them. I also got some stuff off the desk into them, and cleaned and sorted the desk and even changed the top pages of my desk pad.... have't done that for a year or more . My work space is also more than 8"x 8" - Needless to say I am feeling virtuous.
barbaralynn, mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:56 AM   #6014
Watercolor Wizard

maxine come help me next!! haha. congrats on tidying up, i find that it either makes me feel good because i cleaned up or horrible because i have so much stuff to use up!! lol
Old 01-06-2017, 06:05 AM   #6015

Maxine, doesn't it feel good to get things tidied up? I love doing that!

Kel, like you... I have so much stuff. How does that happen?

I'm busy getting things together here... and will be leaving in a little while to head south (thinking warmer weather thoughts!)... this is my first of two back-to-back out-of-state trips. We're driving this one and flying the next one. And in between (I have less than 24 hours at home) we'll be delivering Triplet to the VW dealer.... sooooooooo I might not have time to check in again until I get back from my second trip. Take care everyone!

... I'll see you on January 16th!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-06-2017, 09:37 AM   #6016
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning! We had a wonderful time at the spa yesterday afternoon but a not so nice drive the 40 miles home in the snow, in the dark. It is sunny today, the basketball games are canceled, so some of the crew is going skiing today. We are heading into Taos this afternoon and check out some of the galleries!
Old 01-06-2017, 11:11 AM   #6017
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Waving Hello to all! I am back!!!

I tried to check in while gone on my phone..... and after writing one on my LONG threads- poof- gone....so I decided to take that as a message from above and stay off SCS until I am back. I did read the threads each day though.

We had a flury of a trip- saw alot and had great family time : )

I sent my computer in to HP 12/24 and have only head that it arrived, and have been given 30 minutes on hubby's......so just going to wave hello!

I am going to try to get on phone and comment later, or beg a daughter to use hr computer : )

Happy New Year to all!!!

Shelly
Old 01-06-2017, 05:14 PM   #6018
Quacker Stamper

Glad to see Kel and Shelly popping in.

Kel, good luck on your classes this semester. I hope you can get it all evened out and not drive yourself nuts again!

Shelly I enjoyed seeing all your photos on FB.

Jeanette and Barb - safe travels; one for business; one for pleasure.

Kelly, sorry you are back to the rat race, but you can always use that for an excuse to go to 'Bucks.

Maxine, I can just imagine that it must be very warm down under since it is super cold here right now! You are so good that you're trying to help DGD with her sewing skills. I have one of those little machines that is supposed to be so good and it's terrible. It's much better to get my big one out if I want to do any stitching, but I just use it for cards now.

Sooooooooooooo cold down here where it's supposed to be warm!!!!!!! But no snow. There were some areas out around us that had sleet/freezing rain, but we just had some little misting in my neighborhood. It is supposed to be back up in the 80's next week, so just wait a little while. When I got to my office this morning, the thermostat on my space heater said 67! It took until about 3 PM for it to get up to 74.

Got a full weekend coming up. Hope to play in my stamp room a lot. First I'm going to the "safe" store and check out a small one for my house, then next door is the US Coins place. I want to check with them to see if they have heard anything about the bank theft and see how much they will charge to do the paper appraisal whenever I get the list back from HPD. Haven't heard anymore from them. Petunia has a vet appointment at 12:30 and I have to make the trip to the grocery store myself. I have a list of things to get for my WW lunches and dinners. So far I've been doing really well on sticking to my points.

I also have to finish cleaning up the house and get the rest of the Christmas decorations put away and take the 4 boxes of old lights and garlands up to the donation place. Then I can give the house a good cleaning. The kids will be coming for dinner next Sunday.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #6019
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon. It is a sunny day here again in Taos and in the Earthship, it is very warm and toasty! Some of our crew just left for skiing again and I am choosing to stay back as my knee ahs been a bit sore the past few days and I do not want to aggravate it. I hope you are having a great start to the weekend!
Old 01-07-2017, 12:13 PM   #6020
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good afternoon!

Wow, Kel - good to see you posting! I remember life with 3 young 'uns - it was a little bit with just the 3 girls before my son even came along and it was a GOOD DAY just to get a shower! Kudos to you for being mom, student, wife, employee! Hope you are on the mend!

Now we just need to get Lynn and Kristi to come back, too!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 01-07-2017, 12:17 PM   #6021
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Maggie - drats about the safe and paperwork and no news. That just bums me out. It sounds so bizarre. I hope they are caught and prosecuted, honestly. This world needs to just stop being mean!

How did Petunia do at the vet? We have a cat that is leaving tracks on my dh's car each night. Muddy little pawprints line his hood every. single. morning. He's beside himself! But today, I noticed, that the tracks are from the mud (under his car) and he parks right in front of the house where we have a 6' wooden privacy fence and my CSI mind realized - DUDE! Your car is a ladder! LOL!!! Rather than jump the full distance to the top of the fence, kitty jumps on his hood, then the garbage bin, then the fence, then the bin on the inside to the grass. Brilliant! Clearly dh is outsmarted and needs to move his car - hee hee!!

I have a friend who lives in Texas that got snow! She posted to FB a tiny little dusting. She was stunned. She said guys. It's Armegeddan. It's snowing, and I live in TEXAS!
Old 01-07-2017, 12:21 PM   #6022
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Barb! Sounds like a fun earth visit! And I bet you are enjoying the change in weather.

Maxine - how's the organizing coming along? Like you I'm in a tiny work space. And it's off to the side of the dining room! (I gave up on that tiny kiosk in the room!) But since it's in plain view, and we never know who the kids will bring home to visit/eat - LOL - I have to keep it tidy. I'm tidy by nature, but not my craft desk. That's carte blanche for whatever disater happens! LOL! One of my crafty goals is to clean up immediately after each card. So far, I'm mostly doing it

How is your dh doing, my friend? Hugs!
Old 01-07-2017, 12:37 PM   #6023
Mad Swapper

Hi Girls,

Ii continued the clean/sort yesterday - until DS and wife arrived.... end of!!

DH is doing ok thanks Kelly - not a lot of discomfort, but well medicated - shake him and he would rattle!! No chest infections for over four weeks so that is going well too! We have accepted a wheelchair (from the hospital board) so he can get around a bit more when we are out, but he has only condescended to use it once in town, so far. Certain amount of pride there.

Better go and head out to church

Waving to you all from down under where it's not yet hot, but certainly warmer than all of you
Old 01-07-2017, 08:09 PM   #6024
Mad Swapper

When I cleaned and sorted my studio, I discovered various cards that I have had for ages - some for longer than I care to remember - so this afternoon I have been sorting them, tarting them up or in one case making one card from two, and all I have to do now is to package them up and put them in the shop to sell - I hope Have just heard the news and it sounds as though you have had quite a stoem over your way - stay safe and keep warm!!
barbaralynn, mschoener and KAcopan like this post.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:45 AM   #6025
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Maggie - drats about the safe and paperwork and no news. That just bums me out. It sounds so bizarre. I hope they are caught and prosecuted, honestly. This world needs to just stop being mean!

How did Petunia do at the vet? We have a cat that is leaving tracks on my dh's car each night. Muddy little pawprints line his hood every. single. morning. He's beside himself! But today, I noticed, that the tracks are from the mud (under his car) and he parks right in front of the house where we have a 6' wooden privacy fence and my CSI mind realized - DUDE! Your car is a ladder! LOL!!! Rather than jump the full distance to the top of the fence, kitty jumps on his hood, then the garbage bin, then the fence, then the bin on the inside to the grass. Brilliant! Clearly dh is outsmarted and needs to move his car - hee hee!!

I have a friend who lives in Texas that got snow! She posted to FB a tiny little dusting. She was stunned. She said guys. It's Armegeddan. It's snowing, and I live in TEXAS!
I haven't heard anymore since the police officer told me she was working on getting the list of coins back in my hands. I think that meant that they were putting all the items in their data base, but that shouldn't be taking this long to do that. No, they didn't get into the money vault, just the s/d boxes. I went by the US Coin place close to where I live yesterday. They will do the appraisal of the coin list once I get it back. They had not heard anything about the heist which surprised me, but the guy I talked to said that the thieves would not try to sell them in Houston, so I hope that the list was broadcast out to surrounding areas. Then I went next door and bought a safe for my house. It's not real big, but will hold my important papers and the few coins I have here at the house and any more that I buy in the future. It will pay for itself in 3 years with not having to pay for the s/d box.

Petunia did really well at the vet. Thanks for asking Kelly. Her virus is all cleaned up and the fleas and lice also are all gone. The vet did say that her skin is dry and flaky and she doesn't know why since Petunia is eating well. Petunia got a Lyme bath while at the vet to make sure her skin was all cleared up from any other bugs that might be lurking and hopefully help clear up her skin. She gave me some meds to give her once a day to help her skin so we'll see how that all works. She was very subdued all day yesterday since she also got her first shots. She goes back in 4 weeks for the 2nd set and her rabies. Funny about the outside kitty using DH"s car as a ladder! Kitties are like that.

LOL! How long has your friend lived in Texas? We've had snow a few times as far South as H Town. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:47 AM   #6026
Quacker Stamper

I have been working some in my craft room. I don't have the image yet for my January DT card, so I'm working on a Christmas card. I need to get started on my stash for next year.

I finally got my house cleaned up yesterday also, except the tree is still up. I plan to get it down today. Everything is put away and I really like the new containers I bought for them. Much neater in the garage storage.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:54 AM   #6027
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies. Happy New Year!

I am trying to get back into the swing of things. I don't remember the last time I posted. All is well with us, just keeping busy with work and stuff. My niece turned 1 on 12/29 and her big bash is Saturday, so I am working on some paper stuff for it.

I have been trying to decide what to do about blogging. It seems to be the last thing on my list to get to. I haven't stopped creating but finding the time to keep up with the blogging end has proved challenging. Thinking maybe I will use my SCS gallery or once I have a few obligations settled, I can make more time to blog? Hopefully I can figure out what I am doing soon! I think half my issue is the winter blues set in months ago, I am counting down the days until spring training for baseball starts late next month.

Maggie, so sorry you are still dealing with the HPD in getting your list back. It should NOT be that hard to return it to you!
Old 01-08-2017, 07:59 AM   #6028
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
I have been working some in my craft room. I don't have the image yet for my January DT card, so I'm working on a Christmas card. I need to get started on my stash for next year.

I finally got my house cleaned up yesterday also, except the tree is still up. I plan to get it down today. Everything is put away and I really like the new containers I bought for them. Much neater in the garage storage.
We haven't taken our stuff down yet. Hoping to get it down next Monday since we are off.

I never sent Christmas cards out since I didn't have enough. I need to make sure I create more way before December!
Old 01-08-2017, 08:05 AM   #6029
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi ladies. Happy New Year!

I am trying to get back into the swing of things. I don't remember the last time I posted. All is well with us, just keeping busy with work and stuff. My niece turned 1 on 12/29 and her big bash is Saturday, so I am working on some paper stuff for it.

I have been trying to decide what to do about blogging. It seems to be the last thing on my list to get to. I haven't stopped creating but finding the time to keep up with the blogging end has proved challenging. Thinking maybe I will use my SCS gallery or once I have a few obligations settled, I can make more time to blog? Hopefully I can figure out what I am doing soon! I think half my issue is the winter blues set in months ago, I am counting down the days until spring training for baseball starts late next month.

Maggie, so sorry you are still dealing with the HPD in getting your list back. It should NOT be that hard to return it to you!
Krstie, good to hear from you. I"m surprised to hear about your blogging woes since you used to blog just about every day. I also have cut down to just once a month for my DT card, but I'm trying to do more. I need to create more than just my DT card every month. I know how life interfers.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:33 PM   #6030
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Boo! I have hijacked Ray's computer for a bit so I can come say hi to all. I will not have it long enough to blog hop- I will have to do that on phone. Everytime I try from my phone, it makes me re-sign in to blogger with each post..... Also, I tried to update my blog, and since I am clueless about what I was doing, it took everything off the sidebar except 2 links.... I will work on that soon. My latest work from HP is Jan 11th to get my computer back.

I have been following along on my phone via subscription- which I just found out about when Kelly and Jeanette posted they were getting dropped off- did not know you could do that- so nice!

Mom had a TIA in Dallas- kinda like a mini stroke- scared my brother to no end. So, I have to go to Dallas Tuesday to visit the cardiologist with her. I am not sure if she will come back here to live with me or not.... She is a bit wobbly, and I cannot lift more that 5 lbs......

Maxine- glad you are having fun times with the kids- and their annoying sewing machine toys- hope it is not so aggravating that it makes her hate sewing!

Kelly- keep on trucking! or On the Road Again...LOL Funny story about the kitty using your hubby's vehicle as a ladder..... Glad you had your entire gang together!

Jeanette- your adventures sound exciting- over the holidays with your family. I did not enjoy the sound of the ice cream though......

Barb- your trip sounds amazing! I would love to go visit that area in NM!

Maggie- that is quite the story regarding your coin collection- what a bummer! Being a nurse, the words lice and fleas give me the he-be-jeebies!

Kristi- I get like that sometimes- have you ever used an Ott light??? I love them and think they really help with the winter blues.

Kel- sounds like you did great in school, don't know how you do it all though! Hope Hawaii is not getting the cold front we are having!!!

Anyone heard from Lynn?

Darlene- fun to see you checking in. Not sure I will get to meet you or not- Mom may be coming back here......

Hoping to check back in before too long!

Shelly
Old 01-10-2017, 04:12 AM   #6031
Insane Embellisher

Happy Tuesday!!

I was able to get most of the paper stuff done for the party. Tonight I just need to glue letters and snowflakes to the sign base. It's been so cold here! Brrrrr!

Shelly - I hope you get your computer back soon. I have a small OTT light somewhere, I should try it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!
Old 01-10-2017, 07:39 AM   #6032
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends! Just a moment to pop in and say hello. Trying day yesterday - wanted to toss my hands up and say Monday - seriously!! #@(&$(#*&$(

First, my car broke down. Again. Towed home - and I said ABIDE, Kelly! John 15:4! You can do it! I sighed and thanked God that at least I got the kids to school and not the other way around - got rides, car 'fixed' - sort of. We're putting a band-aid on something that needs a cast ..... but baby steps.

And in the midst my daughter came out of her room crying that the dr called her and said come in. RIGHT NOW. I'll be waiting. We did - in her car - and he was concerned about her bloodwork and numbers and thought it pointed to 'severe kidney issues' and sent her to a specialist. He saw her as well - looked over the paperwork and tests and labs and he said he was confident that it's a watch and wait. Whew - I'll take that!

So last night, I just took the cork off my dinner. YES. CORK. LOL.
That's a Riley stamp, by the way! I poured myself a glass of wine and just contemplated how after all the joking about Mondays I hear, I finally GOT it!

Today, it's raining - meh. We're back to sharing a car. Not sur what we'll do about getting a new one. Mine is 12 years old and not worth more than parts. We'll need to get a new one but that's definitely NOT in the budget. Lots of thunking to do!

((((((((((( So how 'bout a group hug! )))))))))))))
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:04 PM   #6033
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon. I am finally getting to SCS now........... We had a great trip. Rebecca and her niece Amy and I drove to Santa Fe on Sunday and walked around the shops by the plaza. Headed home to watch a great Packer game and supper with all of the family. Then some card games and bingo with the kids before bed. We left Taos around 9 and then had an interesting evening for our flight from Chicago home. Our flight was a half hour early into Chicago and we were to have a 2 1/2 hour layover, but we were able to get our names on standby for an earlier flight. We did get on, that flight was a bit delayed but we boarded at 6:45-should have been in Milwaukee by 7:30. Then, the interesting things happened--first, fuel truck runs out of fuel for the plane and they have to sent for another one. Then, we need to wait for the plane to be deiced and that took a bit. Finally, at 7:45, the pilot says we are ready, but waiting for the guys to push the plane out from the gate. We are now in the air at 8:00, the time of our original flight. We beat it to MKE by a few minutes-

It is a rainy, yucky day here and the rain froze over the snow we got earlier this morning. I went to the grocery store around 9 and the parking lot was slick. Rebecca does not feel well, and did not go into work, so we headed to a minute-Clinic around noon and our driveway was also now all ice. We tossed out some salt and left around 1:00. She has strep, so we'll see if she goes into work tomorrow afternoon as she is to start a class tomorrow night.

I have a stamp party tonight at Sarah's. I am hostess this month and I lucked out again by having it during SAB--Yay for me! There are only two other ladies coming to get inky as three canceled out over the weekend. But, we will have fun seeing all of the new things in the two catalogs. Plus, I got a cheesecake for the treat--Yum! Have a good rest of the day!
Old 01-11-2017, 08:11 AM   #6034
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Wednesday!

Old 01-12-2017, 05:12 AM   #6035
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Thursday! We had a couple of rainy and icy days--we even canceled our SU party Tuesday night and rescheduled for next week. I have taken down most of our Christmas decorations and will finish today or tomorrow. I have some errands to do today, along with a stop at a LSS, just to check out what is new........

I hope you have a Terrific Day!
Old 01-12-2017, 07:37 AM   #6036
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving hello!
Old 01-12-2017, 10:09 PM   #6037
Watercolor Wizard

hugs friends! whirlwind of a thursday for me. one of the counselors at the school i want to end up teaching at convinced me to drop my double major + minor and graduate ASAP with the promise of helping me get a job on campus... then my masters program would be FREE. I couldn't believe it. So after a lot of phone calls and rearranging my schedule at the end of the FIRST week of school, I am on track to graduate this coming FALL... not spring 2019 like I had been planning for. talk about a change... it's kind of overwhelming but I trust that I'm doing the right thing!

baby hasn't been sleeping... going down around 3-4am. so i'm DYING this week. especially today, when i had a 8am meeting... i got to sleep from about 4-7 and can't wait until my kids go to bed (20 minutes... i'm counting down!!) and will pass out with them. my mom can watch the baby for a couple hours!! haha!!

ttyl, sending hugs!!
Old 01-12-2017, 10:47 PM   #6038
Mad Swapper

Hi Kel - I really don't know how you do all that you are - especially on little to no sleep... I guess you do what you have to - a bit like me at the moment with DH's doctors appointments etc.
Prayers would be appreciated as it looks as though there may be another organ involved with the big C now - waiting on blood test results , and DH is having considerably more pain. He is also not tolerating the summer heat that well either...

We currently have couple of teenagers in the house again - just a few nights, as DD has not enough room in her house for them!! They are no trouble, as they come to sleep, and don't show until mid-morning just before their parents come to pick them up!!

Not a lot of craft happening this week - Sunday looks to be wet so hopefully that afternoon will be spent in the studio.

Waving to you all from down under.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:31 AM   #6039
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Friday (the 13th)......... I have a dentist appointment this afternoon and tonight we are going out for a birthday dinner for one of our besties. Tomorrow night is a trivia contest at the Humane Society and Sunday is Packer Day! I hope you have a great weekend too!
Old 01-13-2017, 11:17 AM   #6040
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Wow Barb- you are on the go and having fun! I loved your stories about NM., will have to go vsit sometime! I hope our flight goes better than yours ........Yikes! I have not looked at SAB stuff at all.....

Maxine- praying for you to have strength my dear! Hoping you enjoy having the teens there, and that you DO in fact get to your stamping spot soon! I am having withdrawal big time! LOL

Kel- you have so many things on your plate. So cool to graduate much sooner than expected : ) Is the baby going thru a growth spurt of getting teeth??

Kelly- glad your daughter is OK- well, at least no renal failure! I think stage design would be a blast- are you painting or anything like that? I imagine since I sew, I would work on costumes IF one of my kids ever did theatre.

Kristi- hope your party went well! I use an Ott light for coloring as well, since I craft late at night usually...that is when my MoJo seems to come alive! LOL You have to make sure your Ott light is a True Color Ott light and not a Task lamp.

Waving hello to all- we are running to Joann, then off to pack.....

Keeping my fingers crossed that my computer arrives soon too!

Shelly
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.