Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-24-2016, 07:31 PM   #5961
Mad Swapper

I am full - and still have another Christmas meal to go... church this morning, then dinner (outside) with DD and family, home for a couple of hours then soon out to DS and family for tea....
We had some family pics taken by a professional last evening - the family wanted them as the ones taken over the "big weekend" were disappointing. All the 'littles' co-operated and it was all over in 15 minutes, which was wonderful, as the little people were tiring.

Hope your DD can make it Jeanette; That all goes smoothly for you and your family Maggie; that you travel well and enjoy your Christmas/vacation Shelly; Barb that you are on Santa's 'nice' list; Kelly that you and yours have a fabulous day; and that Kristie and Kel and Lynn and Darlene all have a wonderful day.

Waving to you all and sending you Christmas belssings
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:27 PM   #5962
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Merry Christmas!

I hope you will all enjoy tomorrow - and additional days, too, if you have them - Christmas gatherings are such a special time.

Hugs for all... and to all a Good Night!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 12-26-2016, 04:12 AM   #5963

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Sooooo... how was everyone's Christmas? Did you get anything crafty/fun under the tree? Who did you celebrate the day with? What was your favorite tasty treat?

We will be celebrating Christmas a little late.

DS and his GF arrive today... DD and her BF didn't get to fly on Friday nor on Saturday (flight cancelations) and there are no flights on Sunday, so they are going to try to get out of the bush of Alaska today. We're hoping... if they do, they will arrive here tomorrow night and we will celebrate Christmas on Wednesday. If they can't get out, DS, his GF and we three will celebrate Christmas tomorrow or Wednesday, not sure. DS and his GF leave on Thursday.

Soooooo... I didn't open any presents yesterday, nor did I eat too much... but look out! My day is coming. LOL!

oooooooooooo Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-26-2016, 07:57 AM   #5964
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning! I hope all of your holidays were wonderful (and warm!) We had a houseful yesterday adn I was one happy mama! ♥ What's funny is both of our oldest daughters are coincidentally an 'only child' - and I can't help but wonder what they must think when they come here with our 4 and all the laughter and merriment! They laugh and keep coming back (like daily, lol) so I'm guessing we are doing something right

We had full bellies and full hearts - but this mama's head hit the pillow and I was asleep long before that!

Jeanette, here's to hoping for better weather and the flight to take off! Better late than never, I pray.

I'm excited to be the spotlight designer at Riley and Company - you can see the bookmarks I made for my son here, if you want to peek!

Riley & CO: Designer Highlight-Kelly Santi!!

Heading off to make cards - Santa's elves were very good to this mama and brought her a MISTI, stamps and goodies and dies ..... I'll have to watch what I drool over in the future!

Hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 12-26-2016, 01:57 PM   #5965
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Afternoon--I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We did! Christmas Eve was church at 5:30 and then Rebecca sang in choir at the 7:00 service. We had some wonderful Thai shrimp when she got home and opened gifts. Yesterday we went to my brother's house and spent wonderful time with family and got home late last night. Rebecca is off of work today so we did some errands, a stop at Costco and Menards along with a quick lunch at our favorite sushi restaurant!
Old 12-26-2016, 04:01 PM   #5966
Gabfest Goddess

Hello everyone. Hoping that your Christmas was a good one with your family. Jeanette, my sincerest prayer that DD & BF make it there and you get to have your Christmas with them.

I had to go and hunt down this thread - it wasn't in my subscriptions any more. Very strange.

Everyone, I have been really avoiding SCS, just didnt seem to have the energy for it at the beginning or the end of my days. But my goal for 2017 is to get back into it here. It will be good for me I think.
Thank you for putting up with me the last year +. What an unbelievable turn my life has taken. Getting through it as best as can be expected I guess.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:37 PM   #5967
Mad Swapper

Darlene it is wonderful to see you here again - and I do hope you can visit more often as your emotional energy improves. Keeping you in my prayers.

Good to hear you had a good Christmas Barb

The only crafting goodies I got was a stack of DCWV patterned paper, but I have saved up some $$ over the past few months so am going to have a splurge soon.

DD wanted to get me something more personal than craft supplies, so got me a LARGE bottle of Calvin Klein 'You' perfume - so spoilt!

It's starting to look a bit more like summer here, and my veggie garden is filling up finally so life is sort of normalising - as much as it can. We are currently "baby sitting" DD Guinea Pigs, and trotting back and forth across town to feed her cat - she and her family get back on Friday, and then DS and family leave for four days, so then I am feeding their hens.... and collecting their eggs and berries that ripen . Oh the joys of being the ones who stay home

Waving to you all from Down Under, with a special extra wave for Darlene
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:09 AM   #5968

Congratulations Kelly... looks fabulous, too!

Barb, I'm glad you had a good Christmas!

Darlene! I'm so glad to see you! I've been praying for you extra this past few weeks... I think you are doing amazingly well. Please do not feel bad about doing whatever you need to do to get through.... even if it means avoiding SCS. We love you!!!

Maxine, YAY for saving for a personal splurge... and yay for a stack of DCWV paper for Christmas, too!

Our DS and his GF arrived yesterday and our DD and her BF are inflight on their way here from a delayed exit in Alaska! Woo Hoo! The only way they finally got out was by starting their trip with a 45 minute snow machine (snowmobile) trip.

As you can guess, I won't be on SCS much for the next several days... I'll be too busy enjoying my kids!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn, mschoener, Kiwime and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:49 AM   #5969
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Tuesday! It sounds like many of you are still in the midst of celebrating Christmas with family and friends, so I say Enjoy!
Old 12-27-2016, 07:40 AM   #5970
Gabfest Goddess

Morning everyone.Thanks for all the love & prayers. I sure need them.

Jeanette, I am SO HAPPY for you all-enjoy your time together, how precious it is.

We awoke to slightly above 40 degrees, instead of the ice/freezing rain that was predicted. Glad for that. Later this week we're to get 4-6 inches of the white stuff.

Happy to have a 3 day work week. The holidays sure took a lot out of me. Work offers a good distraction, so that's good.

Waving to all of you. Peace!

barbaralynn, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:04 AM   #5971
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Wednesday. I know that Jeanette will not be looking for Smoochy today as she is happily enjoying all of her family under one roof! So, I am posting this happy greeting instead:

Old 12-28-2016, 08:25 AM   #5972
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning! Cute elephant Barb - I love elephants!

Ladies, I planned my first online birthday party! You can see the deets on today's blog post if you want to peek: https://sandcastlestamper.blogspot.c...hop-stamp.html I had a blast and it was so much fun!

MAGGIE! My gosh! I can't believe what happened to you at the bank! That is insane!! I didn't want to post publicly on FB but I would be LIVID - we do have a box and let's just say for a reason. Gosh! I hope they get to the bottom of this and those cameras TELL ALL.

Thinking of our Lynn who is way too quiet. And Maxine, prayers continued - how I loved seeing your grands all wrapped up with you all for the holidays. Are they still there?

Jeanette, I hope you are having a magical time with all the kids home for the holidays!

Hugs for everyone! ♥
Old 12-29-2016, 05:11 AM   #5973
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! I hope you have a Terrific Thursday and enjoy the last few days of 2016! Make it a great one!
Old 12-29-2016, 08:19 AM   #5974
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning from me, too! Hi Barb!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:23 AM   #5975
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
I am full - and still have another Christmas meal to go... church this morning, then dinner (outside) with DD and family, home for a couple of hours then soon out to DS and family for tea....
We had some family pics taken by a professional last evening - the family wanted them as the ones taken over the "big weekend" were disappointing. All the 'littles' co-operated and it was all over in 15 minutes, which was wonderful, as the little people were tiring.

Hope your DD can make it Jeanette; That all goes smoothly for you and your family Maggie; that you travel well and enjoy your Christmas/vacation Shelly; Barb that you are on Santa's 'nice' list; Kelly that you and yours have a fabulous day; and that Kristie and Kel and Lynn and Darlene all have a wonderful day.

Waving to you all and sending you Christmas belssings
I did good with just one meal on Christmas Day, but then we ate desserts for dinner.

I hope your family pictures turn out the way you want them too. With all that is going on, it will be nice to have these with the whole family together.

No traveling for me for Christmas. I was here in town and only 1/2 hour from DD's house.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-29-2016, 08:24 AM   #5976
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Sooooo... how was everyone's Christmas? Did you get anything crafty/fun under the tree? Who did you celebrate the day with? What was your favorite tasty treat?

We will be celebrating Christmas a little late.

DS and his GF arrive today... DD and her BF didn't get to fly on Friday nor on Saturday (flight cancelations) and there are no flights on Sunday, so they are going to try to get out of the bush of Alaska today. We're hoping... if they do, they will arrive here tomorrow night and we will celebrate Christmas on Wednesday. If they can't get out, DS, his GF and we three will celebrate Christmas tomorrow or Wednesday, not sure. DS and his GF leave on Thursday.

Soooooo... I didn't open any presents yesterday, nor did I eat too much... but look out! My day is coming. LOL!

Sorry that you didn't get to celebrate Christmas on Sunday. How did Brock feel about that? I see that DD finally made it before DS had to leave. Enjoy your time with the family.

Christmas was nice at DD's house. Her IL's came and had dinner with us, but they didn't stay long after that. They also invited a GF of my DGD to come to dinner also. Her parents were not doing dinner at home; they were going to IHOP for Christmas dinner. Sad.

My DD in CA spoiled me with lots of fun crafting things - stamps, embellishments, and 2 6" paper pads plus other stuff. I got lots of nice things from all the family. My DGD actually shopped for me herself and used her own money that she has made working. She goes back to school full time in January so she'll be leaving her job after the 1st of the year. She loved it, but it was a lot of long hours and hard work. I think she was getting burned out with it anyway, so it's all good that she needs to quit now.

My DD and SIL bought their family a Wii U so they spent some time playing Mario Cart on that. I don't do computer games so I didn't play. I stayed around until about 7 and then went on home. I still needed to take care of the kitties and Petunia was waiting for food too since I had been gone most of the day and early evening.
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:26 AM   #5977
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello everyone. Hoping that your Christmas was a good one with your family. Jeanette, my sincerest prayer that DD & BF make it there and you get to have your Christmas with them.

I had to go and hunt down this thread - it wasn't in my subscriptions any more. Very strange.

Everyone, I have been really avoiding SCS, just didnt seem to have the energy for it at the beginning or the end of my days. But my goal for 2017 is to get back into it here. It will be good for me I think.
Thank you for putting up with me the last year +. What an unbelievable turn my life has taken. Getting through it as best as can be expected I guess.
So good to see you back with us Darlene! 2016 has not been a good year for various reasons for a lot of people, but like you say, we work through it and move forward. You guys are always in my prayers.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:36 AM   #5978
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning! Cute elephant Barb - I love elephants!

Ladies, I planned my first online birthday party! You can see the deets on today's blog post if you want to peek: https://sandcastlestamper.blogspot.c...hop-stamp.html I had a blast and it was so much fun!

MAGGIE! My gosh! I can't believe what happened to you at the bank! That is insane!! I didn't want to post publicly on FB but I would be LIVID - we do have a box and let's just say for a reason. Gosh! I hope they get to the bottom of this and those cameras TELL ALL.

Thinking of our Lynn who is way too quiet. And Maxine, prayers continued - how I loved seeing your grands all wrapped up with you all for the holidays. Are they still there?

Jeanette, I hope you are having a magical time with all the kids home for the holidays!

Hugs for everyone! ♥
For those not on FB or who haven't seen my post I found out on Tuesday that the bank where I have my Safe Deposit Box was burglarized over the Christmas weekend - they think on Christmas Day and the 4 large safe deposit boxes in the vault were pried open and contents removed. They got in through 6 inches of concrete in the roof. The bank is a small stand alone. Somehow the thieves disabled the alarm system which went unnoticed by the monitoring company. My box contained my coin collection, a lot of which I inherited from my father when he passed away and I have since added a lot to it. These were all put away as my grandchildren's inheritance. Yesterday I talked to the HPD officer in charge of the investigation and found out that they had in their possession, my itemized list of all the coins that were in the box. I didn't remember putting the list in there, but that is important for me to have. The list that I do have is not so extensive and is not itemized. I'm trying to get her to send me a copy of that list for my insurance company. The bank has no liability for any loss, but I found out from my insurance company that the loss is covered under my homeowner's policy, but I have to have that itemized list so I can get it appraised to put a value on all the items so I can eventually file a claim. The list will also be helpful to the police in maybe catching the thieves if they try to pawn or sell the coins. I sent the officer an e-mail yesterday with the list that I had and also the personal information she wanted from me, but haven't had a response, so I called her today and left a message about needing a copy of that list. I hope to hear back soon.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:38 AM   #5979
Quacker Stamper

I've been finishing up sending out some additional Christmas cards that didn't get posted before the holiday and I need to get my DT card finished tonight to be on the blog on Saturday. I also have an ATC swap that I need to do which I haven't even started on yet. I really need to get a good schedule going in 2017 to keep everything straight and get things done on time.

I've been spending some time playing with Petunia in the morning before work and in the evening. She needs the exercise and she has a fun time. She's getting a tiny bit better about me picking her up and petting her, but not yet a lap cat. She still has another week to be quarantined from the others and then we'll see about finding her a home.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:44 AM   #5980
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Maggie! Sounds like you have been both busy and frustrated! I cannot believe the bank isn't insured for that! And that an alarm didn't go off - or how they were able to pull of that bank job. I'd have thought the FBI would be called in ....... but maybe I've watched too much CSI! I'm sorry for you. That is just terrible and I do hope they are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent. It is such an invasion ......... in many ways.

I'm glad little Petunia is able to bring you some smiles and comfort We are going bananas here with the fireworks (or pre fireworks, I should say) for the New Year and they are beside themselves with fright. My friend swears by the Thundershirt, but I can't see spending that much money on it when they duck under beds and refuse to come out

Glad you were spoiled by the little elves! Sounds like a craft haul!
Old 12-30-2016, 05:05 AM   #5981

I have a wee bit of time to myself today so decided to check in on SCS.... it's good to have time to read the posts and catch up on the happenings here.

Of course now I'm stomping my foot! Dear me... what a ridiculous situation in your life, Maggie. There's NO reason that should have happened. Too many "it can't happen" scenarios in that picture for it to happen. And the bank should be required to insure the contents. Oh my!

Our delayed Christmas has been wonderful - all three plus two extras here made this mama's heart happy! Yesterday the two lower-48 ones went home, so we are down to two plus one extra. DD and her BF fly back to Alaska next Wednesday, so we get to enjoy them a bit longer.

It's been fun seeing the BF experience so many "firsts" - first time to see a horse and a cow, first time to eat so many foods we take for granted, first time to experience a Christmas feast. He's been such a good sport, too!

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:52 AM   #5982
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends--Happy Friday and the start to New Year's Eve Weekend! I hope you have a great one!!!!!!

Kiwime likes this post.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:22 AM   #5983
Mad Swapper

Just popping in to say
Happy New Year
to you all before I head off to bed. I know it is still New Year's Eve, but I doubt if I will be online much tomorrow, so I decided to send my best wishes to you all tonight
May 2017 be a year than brings peace, joy and good health to you all.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:15 AM   #5984
Quacker Stamper

Here's hoping that 2017 is much better than 2016. I'm going to try to be more organized in getting my crafting done on time. I need to keep a better calendar.

I got an e-mail from the HPD officer with a photo of one of the pages they found. It was pretty fuzzy so I couldn't read what it said, but could tell that it was one of the itemized pages. She told me she was working on getting the pages back in my hands. I guess they have to enter all the information into their data base first. The bank did refund me the cost of the SDB, so that is one good thing. I will keep hoping that the HPD will be able to catch the crooks and maybe recover some of the coins. Even though they are covered by insurance, the coins cannot be replaced.

Getting my hair done this morning and then a trip to the Container Store for some holiday decoration containers. Taking down decorations over the weekend. Tomorrow going by my sis's after church so we can exchange gifts and she has one for me from my cousin in Florida who was here at Thanksgiving time.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:27 AM   #5985

(I'm sneaking in; our guests' bodies are on Alaska time so they are still sleeping.)

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-31-2016, 06:56 AM   #5986
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Weekend and Happy New Year's Eve! Roomie left early this morning with some friends to go up north to visit some other friends, but I am staying home and staying in! I am planning to play in the stamp room along with having the TV on to watch/listen to college football games.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, a fantastic New Year's Eve and a great start to 2017!
Old 12-31-2016, 04:12 PM   #5987
Gabfest Goddess

Here's to a good New Year to all of you!

Maggie, how awful about your SDB and coin collection. I also have a coin collection that my Dad & I started when I was really young. It would be devastating to me if it was gone. I really feel badly for you.

Wishing all of you health and happiness - and blessings!

Old 12-31-2016, 08:06 PM   #5988

I'm a wee bit early, but I probably won't be on here after midnight, so I'm going to go ahead and wish everyone a....

Find Me on Instagram

luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:57 AM   #5989
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope you have a wonderful start to 2017!
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:48 PM   #5990
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

oh I had a whole post here and it just went poof

Happy New Year to all! I'm so blessed to call you all friends ♥ I know this year has had it's trial for many of us - some great triumphs, too. I'm glad 2016 is behind me - so much that went unspoken but knowing you girls prayed anyway. I'm blessed and grateful. Thank you!

I MISS our friends that don't check in. I think of you often and pray constantly! I hope 2017 brings comfort and happiness, even in a small way.

We brought in the new year INTERESTINGLY. Our cable has been out for 5 days. UGH. The kids are going bananas and I feel bad that it's their winter break and they are given assignments to do for school - hello! What. is. up. with. that.
So my son has been taken to the library, the boyfriend's house, Starbucks and McDonalds, LOL! Just for their wifi ~ Okay, I bought coffee. And a Big Mac *grin*

We brought in the new year watching the ball drop on tv with a small OLD SCHOOL antenna. It was hilarious - the kids - what is that?! LOL! Here in our zip code, you can't even use an antenna - the service won't work. But my dd's IT bf said "watch me" and somehow got like 18 channels, including the countdown - woohoo! It pays to be young and smart. I was going to watch it on my phone, but that worked, too - LOL!

Here's to 2017!

Hugs!
barbaralynn, mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:36 AM   #5991

(if - and that's a BIG IF - 4:00 in the morning can be called good)

So far 2017 has been really good for me... how about you? (Of course we've barely completed one day, right? But still... it's been GREAT!

Kelly, I had to giggle at the comment about young and smart... but I also smiled because I was happy the young and smart one was able to get your tv station for you.

Barb, that penguin is adorable!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-02-2017, 10:18 AM   #5992
Gabfest Goddess

Hello all. Prayers offered for each of you. Wishing you everything good.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:46 AM   #5993
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon Ladies--I hope day 2 of 2017 is treating you well........ We made a trip to Costco this morning and got in and out before it got very crowded--lot was more empty when we arrived. We then walked around a river in town as it is kind of nice out today--no sun but temps in the mid 30's. I am now watching the Badger football game--and I think it is going to be a blowout--in the Badger's favor! Tuesday morning we are leaving for a mini trip to Taos, NM, for 5 nights to visit roomie's niece Amy and her family. We are going with Amy's brother Aben, his wife and their two kids, Arlyn and Simone--I have mentioned them in the past as we spend time with them in Chicago and they come here often too. We are staying in an Earthship as Amy works for the company and they also live in one. We have rented on in the past and they are interesting. Here is a link to their site if you have never heard of them--completely off of the grid! The temps there are to be similar to here--mid 30's and maybe some snow.

Have a good rest of the day!
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:10 AM   #5994
Gabfest Goddess

Wow Barb - those Earthship buildings look VERY interesting. I'll have to learn more about them.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:38 AM   #5995
SCS RAK Coordinator

They are interesting!
Old 01-02-2017, 01:55 PM   #5996

Hi Darlene! So good to see you! I think you and I should tag along on Barb's trip, don't you?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-02-2017, 05:10 PM   #5997
SCS RAK Coordinator

Come and join us ladies!!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:21 AM   #5998

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-03-2017, 06:44 AM   #5999
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Back to Work Day for most of you! I have a couple of errands today and maybe some time in the stamp room. I am not sure how much I will be online in the next week, but I will try to check in. We will be back late Monday night, so I will see you all a week from today for sure! Make it Great!
Old 01-03-2017, 11:44 AM   #6000
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Another distraction down - LOL! Wow, taking me since 11 am to get through 10 or so threads! Geesh!

Love hugs, graphics, earthships, friendships ..............

HUGS all around!
barbaralynn, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.