Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-16-2014, 05:09 AM   #561
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--this might be my last post for a few days. I am heading to the craft room to finish a card kit I need for tomorrow, then lunch with a friend who is in town from Arizona and my SCS friend Carol will be here this afternoon. Tomorrow we will have fun at stamp class, shopping and then out time back here at the house with Terry and LJ, also friends from SCS. My roomie is cooking supper for all of us tomorrow night. Not sure what the plans are on Sunday, but I am sure we will have fun and a few laughs.........................

I hope you too have a fun weekend!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-16-2014, 05:24 AM   #562
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Yep, it's official............ it's Friday!!!

Barb, sounds like you're going to have a FANTASTIC few days!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 05-16-2014, 08:22 AM   #563
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, I just saw on FB about your friend. I'm so sorry and know you'll miss her so much.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #564
Mad Swapper

condolances to you Maggie - is this the friend whom you visited recently? So sad.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #565
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Maggie, I just saw on FB about your friend. I'm so sorry and know you'll miss her so much.
Thank you Lynn. Yes, I will miss her very much. She was too young, but that's how that disease is, it is no respecter of persons or age.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 05-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #566
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
condolances to you Maggie - is this the friend whom you visited recently? So sad.
Thank you Maxine. Yes it was my GF that I visited when she was at the Hospice.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #567
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Happy Friday nite : )

We had -garage sale today- got lots of junk sorted through and too bad- the weather did not cooperate too much at all! It was 38-40 here and FREEZING! Some cities just North and West of us had SNOW! It will not officially go into the record books, because it did not snow at Ohare (airport) where the official rain/snow measurements are recorded.....

Tomorrow- it will be closer to 60 degrees out....... Looking forward to a great day too!

Thanks to all for healthy wishes- improved, just a lingering cough. I am thrilled I did not need antibiotics.....

Maggie- so sorry for your loss! It is so hard to have friends- so young- pass!

Jeanette- glad to hear you had a fab visit with your son!

Lynn- sounds like a wicked storm! Isn't amazing how much everything blossoms and grows with a little rain?

Maxine- glad the card class went well- I saw the one baby card- how fun!

Barb- sounds like you are busy, but having a blast!

Kristi- glad to hear your legs are better and finger is healing.

What is everyone working on- craft wise?

Waving hi to Kelly- 2 more weeks till you are free! And, Nancy and Darlene too! I think that is everyone... !

Shelly
Old 05-17-2014, 05:03 AM   #568

Have a FABULOUS Weekend!

Hi Lynn!

Hi Maxine!

Hi Maggie! (((Hugs)))

Hi Shelly! Yikes! Snow? and soooooooo cold! What happened to Spring?

What am I doing crafty........... nada a thing. Been too busy. Speaking gigs, Thailand lesson preparations, Literacy Workshop homework, etc. There need to be more hours in my day!

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener likes this post.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:38 AM   #569
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi girls - rough night here, in many ways!

My son stayed home from school yesterday so we could get my dd17 ready for Prom - turns out, God knew he needed to be here as he has the flu! He spiked a fever of 103 and had all the flu symptoms. It was a very rough night, going as high as 104 and in the bathtub at 1 am

In the midst of all that, dd had to get ready and I had to get her to the date's house where the limo was arriving and all the prom group It was so very sweet. She looked beautiful, but of course not after a hair fiasco which took forever to fix! I used to say God played a joke on me giving me 3 daughters when I can barely do a ponytail, much less hair! I took a ton of pics, but due to my son's flu, haven't been able to do much with them.

Maggie, my heart goes out to you ~ such young, very sad.

Hugs to everyone, sorry to dash through but wanted to say hi to all!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 05-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #570
Quacker Stamper

Happy Saturday Stamp Addicts!

The funeral yesterday was nice and I was able to talk to both of the daughters. They are young and they have 6 young children. My heart goes out to them. Their dad isn't much of a dad and I'm not sure they even still have contact with him. He lives up in Dallas. This leaves these kids pretty much alone in this world. Cathyi's parents have been gone for a long time and I'm not sure she even knew if her DB was still living or where he was. He was an alcoholic and kind of a bum.

I didn't go to the graveside service or stay around for the lunch. I only knew a couple ladies there that I knew from years ago and hadn't seen or talked to in a really long time. Instead I came on home and tried to more my hair appt from 3 to 2, but my lady was busy, so I went to another nursery over by her salon and looked around and picked up a few more plants which I was able to get most of them planted this morning.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #571
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Hi girls - rough night here, in many ways!

My son stayed home from school yesterday so we could get my dd17 ready for Prom - turns out, God knew he needed to be here as he has the flu! He spiked a fever of 103 and had all the flu symptoms. It was a very rough night, going as high as 104 and in the bathtub at 1 am

In the midst of all that, dd had to get ready and I had to get her to the date's house where the limo was arriving and all the prom group It was so very sweet. She looked beautiful, but of course not after a hair fiasco which took forever to fix! I used to say God played a joke on me giving me 3 daughters when I can barely do a ponytail, much less hair! I took a ton of pics, but due to my son's flu, haven't been able to do much with them.

Maggie, my heart goes out to you ~ such young, very sad.

Hugs to everyone, sorry to dash through but wanted to say hi to all!
Thanks Brenda.

Sorry about your DD and being sick with the flu. I hope it doesn't lst too long.

I can't wait to see pictures of your DD. My DGD's prom is tonight and I hope that my DD will have photos on FB. I can't wait to see her in her purple dress.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #572
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Happy Friday nite : )

We had -garage sale today- got lots of junk sorted through and too bad- the weather did not cooperate too much at all! It was 38-40 here and FREEZING! Some cities just North and West of us had SNOW! It will not officially go into the record books, because it did not snow at Ohare (airport) where the official rain/snow measurements are recorded.....

Tomorrow- it will be closer to 60 degrees out....... Looking forward to a great day too!

Thanks to all for healthy wishes- improved, just a lingering cough. I am thrilled I did not need antibiotics.....

Maggie- so sorry for your loss! It is so hard to have friends- so young- pass!

What is everyone working on- craft wise?

Shelly
Thank you Shelly. I'm glad that you are getting better and didn't need any strong meds.

Yikes on the freezing weather for the garage sale. I don't bother with them anymore. Hard to do alone and so I just usually donate stuff to various organizations. Did you have people come to your sale?

Last night I finished up a DT card and need to work on another one tonight. I'm trying to work on some other cards too, but not having much luck.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:31 PM   #573
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Howdy

Yikes Kelly- glad you let your son stay home- poor kiddo! How miserable for him! Cannot wait to see a pic of your daughter in her Prom dress!

Maggie- sale went well- we had lots of junk- and got rid of alot of it. I also had a take free sign on the basketball hoop- and someone came and took it apart and it is out of here- yeah!

Kristi- tried leaving a comment on your blog- and I get an error message.....Cool SB page.

Jeanette- fun to get your trip all planned and together- it is going to be so fabulous!

It was nicer today- just shy of 60's and still chilly, but the sun was out. We had a party tonight- did not know too many of the people atending the party, so left at 10ish. We just started watching House of Cards-so came home and watched a show. Getting ready for sleep. I had to get my education done to renew my nursing license, so did that yesterday and today on-line. I have DT cards to work on tomorrow.

Waving hi to everyone else!
Shelly
Old 05-17-2014, 10:42 PM   #574
Mad Swapper

Thought I would pop in and say Hi - I have had a wonderful few days with loads of time in the studio and have got a heap of cards made now I am feeling virtuous!!

Oh Kelly, what a night with your young man - not good at all Hope he heals soon. Looking forward to seeing pics of your daughter. If she is anything like you she will look stunning.

Shelly, glad to hear you are on the mend and had a good sale.

Maggie - I don't 'do' garage sales either - I would rather give stuff away or dump it.

Kristie - glad to hear you are now on your legs and comfortable again - nothing worse than painful legs .

Jeanette - you sound as though you are almost living in a whirlwind - you will be glad when the trip is underway and you can relax on the 'plane. (Yeah Right!!)

Lynn I am loving the cards you are making recently - and whopee for some rain in your corner

Darlene - it's good to see you again - hopefully this coming 12 months will see you without the curved balls you have been encountering. They are all very character building, but I still don't like them.

Nancy, I must get back to your blog - I still have not figured how to follow as Chrome does not like RSS Feeds....

Barb - I am enjoying visiting your blog.

Had a visit to the eye clinic for DH last week and he is now on the list for his first cataract operation - I don't think it will take long to come through from what I have seen and heard. Although it is a 'day surgery', it sounds as though we may be there for some time on the day .
Old 05-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #575
Quacker Stamper

I spent a lot of my time yesterday outside working on the flower beds. Planted a bunch of new stuff. Can't believe I actually dug holes outside for planting. I have a whole new area that I want to work in to make it prettier. It's an around about 4' wide on the far side of the house between the patio and the fence. The grass doesn't grow there so I'm wanting to plant some things that will do well in that spot. It gets a little bit of sunshine during the day but is mostly shady.

Going to work on my cards today. I didn't get anything crafty done yesterday.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #576
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Maggie, my heart goes out to you - it's never easy to lose a treasured friend.

And a good morning, to all ~ such as it is! Missed church today as my son is still raging with fever - holding his own at 101 (rather than the 104 it was) but this is over 48 hours later. What a virus! He isnt' much better, just some, but thankfully he isn't worse either. so we sit. and watch :*(

I'm off to do rounds of laundry again and catch up on DT cards. So much to do in such little time!

Blessings, all!

Old 05-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #577
SCS RAK Coordinator

What a great weekend. Carol arrived Friday afternoon and we had a wonderful evening. Terry met us Saturday morning at Camp Stamp-in-Oga and we made five great cards at the class. Carol won a set of the fringe scissors in the raffle--winner, winner! We went to Creative Pals and saw some "cards that moved" as it was a demo day--did a bit of shopping too....... Then a late lunch at Stir Crazy and back to the house where LJ joined us and we made cards from kits each of us brought along--as well a lots of chatting. Roomie made chicken masala for supper for all of us--Yummy! Terry and LJ headed home last night and Carol left earlier this afternoon. We plan to make this an annual event--whatever weekend the spring camp occurs!
Old 05-18-2014, 06:59 PM   #578
Pearl-ExPert

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend except maybe Kelly, nursing that poor little boy! Hope he's feeling better soon.

I really think my little hiney has been glued to the computer most of the weekend trying to get DT stuff sorted, etc. I did have time to make a couple of cards yesterday though.

Maggie, saw the pictures of your granddaughter on FB for the prom! SO pretty.
AND
Kelly, saw your pictures on FB too of your daughter. Beautiful!
Two beautiful girls!

Nancy, I'm heading out to your blog right now to see if you've created anything this week.

Shelly, glad the yard sale went ok despite the weather. I love going to them and hate having them! LOL!
Old 05-18-2014, 09:37 PM   #579
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Happy Sunday! Stayed in today- coughing alot and blaming it on allergies...... I did get into the craft room and got some DT cards completed. Yeah! We went to a party last night at a neighbors- it was chilly out!

Stephi sorted out alot of clothes and books and games and manned her garage sale- I did spend an hour or so out there so she could go on a run. I gave her most of the cash from the sale- she was doing a great job wheeling and dealing! If I had known we were going to have a sale, I would not be giving away so much stuff when I cleaned out- had lots of stuff out the door in the past year when we put in the wood floors.

Awwww- Kelly- sorry your son has 'the crud' as my Mom used to call it. And, hope he keeps his germs to himself! Oh My- your daughter is beautiful! Love her gorgeous hair : )

Maggie- your niece is beautiful too- love her purple dress! Glad you had some gardening done. Ray went and bought a new tree- we are watching the sun in the late afternoon to decide where to plant it. We have an Ash tree in the back- doing OK this year, but it is infected with the Ask Borer Beetle....
How is your diet going?

Lynn- sounds like you got some creativity on this weekend! We have a new release at Sweet Stamps and the stamps are not to us yet, so we made cards with digi's of the stamps...... And, we are going to surprise Stacey (owner) on her B-day Thursday with cards : ) I love doing stuff like that!

Barb- your weekend sounds like an absolute blast! Do you each make your own card kits and everyone makes one of the others cards? Or, do you make kits for yourselves?

Maxine- so glad you had a little time to relax- and create! It will be interesting to hear if hubby's vision improves a ton with the surgery. I will keep you both in prayers!

Any ideas for a Topic of the Week??? Do you think DT's should have turnover after a certain amount of time??? I would love to hear what you all have to say- some DT's have the same people forever, some turn over..... what do you think are the pro's and con's?

Waving hello to everyone else!
Shelly
Old 05-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #580
Mad Swapper

Well today has not been what I planned - started off with a foggy morning that cleared and turned into a fabulous day - up to 65 degrees F - after several days of 50 degrees and less.... did what housework I wanted, and was planning on a quick trip to town and then mowing the lawns....

I did not bank on DH having an acute allergic reaction /irritated eye after pulling a few weeds. Result was that we spent 2 hours at the local Hospital's Emergency Dept and he has come home with some anaesthetic drop to use only once more, and some antibiotic creme to put in for 48 hours... oh the joys! Day gone.

Never mind - these things happen - just means he will never help me in the garden again as this is the second time it has happened - not that he could so much as he really can not see the weeds clearly.

Apart from that it has been a great day
Old 05-19-2014, 04:50 AM   #581

Kelly, so sorry little man is still so sick. That seems a long time for a virus, doesn't it? Poor guy! (((HUGS))) for both of you!

Maxine, Yikes! That's awful about your DH's allergic reaction. Hope he's better soon!

Shelly, I'm glad Stephi did okay with the sale!

Barb, sounds like fun, Fun, FUN!!!

Maggie, your yard must be even more gorgeous now! You work so hard on it!

Lynn, I loved your comment about your hiney and the computer... been there, done that.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-19-2014, 07:16 AM   #582
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, all!

Little man is home today ~ FINALLY the fever broke, more than 72 hours later. Yikes!

Maggie, have you seen that cat video that's going viral? I'm sure you have - the one where she saves the boy being bitten by the dog. Oh my - go kitty! The love of animals!

Aw, Maxine -- bless your heart - you've had the run of the health troubles here, my friend and you two needs a break! Yes, keep him out of the garden

SHelly, did you see where there is a case of MERS in IL? I thought about you, LOL! Being a nurse and all, and the things you must come on contact with - even with universal precautions. I hope you are feeling better ♥ THat's so sweet to surprise the owner! Hopefully she doesn't read SCS - ROFL!!! *grin!*

Hmmm, I never really thought about the DT turn arounds -- I don't really play in a lot of challenges, just try to enter a card when I have a sponsored one to give them more exposure I do see a few things that I don't understand when they chose the DT - a lot of times I see the same few designers (which are really friends) work on different companies together - like I can think of 3 big ones off the top of my head have the same designers working for them all. I would think from a business stand point that wouldn't be very smart and versatility would be better, kwim? The same people that visit your blog for one company will visit for the others - they should have a really wide variety and reach a bigger population, but then again ,maybe they have a method to the madness, LOL!!

Off to find some coffee and see if I can get little man to eat - it's been 4 days!!!

Hugs!
Old 05-19-2014, 08:11 AM   #583
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, that's terrible about your husband's reaction! I'll be thinking about y'all. I know he feels like bad since he'd like to help out with things like pulling weeds and now realize he can't do it. Sending hugs!

Shelly, that's a great Discussion of the Week!

I may be different than a lot of people but feel that a person can stay on a DT for too long. I think by having a set term or getting off a DT after a certain time, allows others to apply for that team and show their talent as well. I think the longest I've ever been on one has been a little over a year. I loved everything about it totally but just felt like someone else needed a chance to experience that same really good DT. I was on one too that the term was six months (although you could stay on if you wanted which is how most of them do anyway) and I got off after 4 months. I was miserable, it was unorganized completely, and the other DT members were (excuse me, but....) snobbish! I hated every second of it. But, back to the original question........Like I said, I think you can stay on a team for too long and by doing that you don't give someone else a chance. There's so much talent out there right now it's not even funny - and also so many DT's........so I say they should spread it around.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #584
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh Maggie, my heart goes out to you - it's never easy to lose a treasured friend.

And a good morning, to all ~ such as it is! Missed church today as my son is still raging with fever - holding his own at 101 (rather than the 104 it was) but this is over 48 hours later. What a virus! He isnt' much better, just some, but thankfully he isn't worse either. so we sit. and watch :*(

I'm off to do rounds of laundry again and catch up on DT cards. So much to do in such little time!

Blessings, all!

Thanks Kelly, how is your son doing?

Saw the photos of your DD on FB for the prom. She was so lovely. Loved the dress and her hair.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #585
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend except maybe Kelly, nursing that poor little boy! Hope he's feeling better soon.

I really think my little hiney has been glued to the computer most of the weekend trying to get DT stuff sorted, etc. I did have time to make a couple of cards yesterday though.

Maggie, saw the pictures of your granddaughter on FB for the prom! SO pretty.
AND
Kelly, saw your pictures on FB too of your daughter. Beautiful!
Two beautiful girls!

Nancy, I'm heading out to your blog right now to see if you've created anything this week.

Shelly, glad the yard sale went ok despite the weather. I love going to them and hate having them! LOL!
Thanks Lynn. I thought she was perfect in the purple dress.

Some days I think I'm at the computer too much too. Always so much to do. What would we do today without them????? It's my lifeline to so many things.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:38 AM   #586
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Happy Sunday! Stayed in today- coughing alot and blaming it on allergies...... I did get into the craft room and got some DT cards completed. Yeah! We went to a party last night at a neighbors- it was chilly out!

Stephi sorted out alot of clothes and books and games and manned her garage sale- I did spend an hour or so out there so she could go on a run. I gave her most of the cash from the sale- she was doing a great job wheeling and dealing! If I had known we were going to have a sale, I would not be giving away so much stuff when I cleaned out- had lots of stuff out the door in the past year when we put in the wood floors.

Awwww- Kelly- sorry your son has 'the crud' as my Mom used to call it. And, hope he keeps his germs to himself! Oh My- your daughter is beautiful! Love her gorgeous hair : )

Maggie- your niece is beautiful too- love her purple dress! Glad you had some gardening done. Ray went and bought a new tree- we are watching the sun in the late afternoon to decide where to plant it. We have an Ash tree in the back- doing OK this year, but it is infected with the Ask Borer Beetle....
How is your diet going?

Lynn- sounds like you got some creativity on this weekend! We have a new release at Sweet Stamps and the stamps are not to us yet, so we made cards with digi's of the stamps...... And, we are going to surprise Stacey (owner) on her B-day Thursday with cards : ) I love doing stuff like that!

Barb- your weekend sounds like an absolute blast! Do you each make your own card kits and everyone makes one of the others cards? Or, do you make kits for yourselves?

Maxine- so glad you had a little time to relax- and create! It will be interesting to hear if hubby's vision improves a ton with the surgery. I will keep you both in prayers!

Any ideas for a Topic of the Week??? Do you think DT's should have turnover after a certain amount of time??? I would love to hear what you all have to say- some DT's have the same people forever, some turn over..... what do you think are the pro's and con's?

Waving hello to everyone else!
Shelly
Shelly, hope you are feeling better today. Allergies or not, it's heck not feeling well. I was having my dining room window open when I was at home so the kitties could smell the outside and look out at the patio and the kitties outside. They loved it. Then Casper started sneezing around the house, so I shut the window to see if it was allergies. It must have been because he has quit sneezing. I'm kind of sad because I really like having the window open when it's nice weather outside. of course, soon it will be too hot to do that. I just think it's a good thing that he's not having to live out there if he has allergies.

Thanks for your sweet words about my DGD (not niece) I used to have an Ash in my back yard too. It got old. They say that they only live about 40 years and it was a few years older than that. I had to have it taken down. I miss it, but it does give me more sunshine in the yard for plants and flowers and my 2 grapefruit trees. I know you'll find the perfect spot for your new tree.

The diet is going well. I've lost about 13.6 pounds and still need to lose about 11.5 more. I'm thinking of going off of NS though. I've done it for 4 months and can see how to combine foods and what I should and shouldn't eat and have pretty much gotten away from junk food so that is a good thing. I delayed my next order for about 3 weeks. I found this other program called Personal Training and I purchased that. It is 56 pieces of chicken breast (cooked in various manners) and 56 packs of frozen vegetables. These are all real foods that have been flash frozen. My freezer is so full. I'm thinking that I will use these for the next 4 weeks along with my own breakfast and evening treat. I know that I can cut calories with doing it on my own because a lot of the desserts that NS sent were high in calories. i can also cut more fat from my diet, so I want to see if this will work since this is really how I want to be able to eat after I quit "dieting."

DOTW - I've been on a few DT's over the last few years. The first one - Perfect Sentiment - I was given the option of staying on or leaving after the first year. I wasn't on any of the others long enough for that, but I hope to stay with the ones that I'm on now for a long time. I love them and what I do, but I guess if I get bored with what they are offering, then I might try something else. I was transferring (copying) my digital stamps to my external hard drive yesterday and it counted up 2340 images!!!!!!! Wow! I knew I had a bunch, but didn't realize there were that many. And that isn't all because I have some in DT folders that are in folders by themselves.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:40 AM   #587
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Well today has not been what I planned - started off with a foggy morning that cleared and turned into a fabulous day - up to 65 degrees F - after several days of 50 degrees and less.... did what housework I wanted, and was planning on a quick trip to town and then mowing the lawns....

I did not bank on DH having an acute allergic reaction /irritated eye after pulling a few weeds. Result was that we spent 2 hours at the local Hospital's Emergency Dept and he has come home with some anaesthetic drop to use only once more, and some antibiotic creme to put in for 48 hours... oh the joys! Day gone.

Never mind - these things happen - just means he will never help me in the garden again as this is the second time it has happened - not that he could so much as he really can not see the weeds clearly.

Apart from that it has been a great day
Oh, Maxine, so sorry to hear about DH's eye. He just can't cut a break! Does it bother him when he's outside, or is it just the pulling weeds part? Maybe it's something in the soil? I hope things are looking up better today.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:47 AM   #588
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning, all!

Little man is home today ~ FINALLY the fever broke, more than 72 hours later. Yikes!

Maggie, have you seen that cat video that's going viral? I'm sure you have - the one where she saves the boy being bitten by the dog. Oh my - go kitty! The love of animals!

Aw, Maxine -- bless your heart - you've had the run of the health troubles here, my friend and you two needs a break! Yes, keep him out of the garden

SHelly, did you see where there is a case of MERS in IL? I thought about you, LOL! Being a nurse and all, and the things you must come on contact with - even with universal precautions. I hope you are feeling better ♥ THat's so sweet to surprise the owner! Hopefully she doesn't read SCS - ROFL!!! *grin!*

Hmmm, I never really thought about the DT turn arounds -- I don't really play in a lot of challenges, just try to enter a card when I have a sponsored one to give them more exposure I do see a few things that I don't understand when they chose the DT - a lot of times I see the same few designers (which are really friends) work on different companies together - like I can think of 3 big ones off the top of my head have the same designers working for them all. I would think from a business stand point that wouldn't be very smart and versatility would be better, kwim? The same people that visit your blog for one company will visit for the others - they should have a really wide variety and reach a bigger population, but then again ,maybe they have a method to the madness, LOL!!

Off to find some coffee and see if I can get little man to eat - it's been 4 days!!!

Hugs!
I did see that video on the news last week. Yes, what a tiger. They said that the kitty had adopted that baby when they brought the baby home and it used to jump up in it's crib and sleep with the baby. They were afraid at first that the cat might hurt the baby, but it never did, slept by it and just had an incredible bond with the child. Shows what love can do!

Glad that your son is doing better.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #589
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maxine, that's terrible about your husband's reaction! I'll be thinking about y'all. I know he feels like bad since he'd like to help out with things like pulling weeds and now realize he can't do it. Sending hugs!

Shelly, that's a great Discussion of the Week!

I may be different than a lot of people but feel that a person can stay on a DT for too long. I think by having a set term or getting off a DT after a certain time, allows others to apply for that team and show their talent as well. I think the longest I've ever been on one has been a little over a year. I loved everything about it totally but just felt like someone else needed a chance to experience that same really good DT. I was on one too that the term was six months (although you could stay on if you wanted which is how most of them do anyway) and I got off after 4 months. I was miserable, it was unorganized completely, and the other DT members were (excuse me, but....) snobbish! I hated every second of it. But, back to the original question........Like I said, I think you can stay on a team for too long and by doing that you don't give someone else a chance. There's so much talent out there right now it's not even funny - and also so many DT's........so I say they should spread it around.
I guess it depends on what you're position is on the Team. I know on PSC, I worked my way up to the admin level, so I was more than just a DT member and designer. I helped out with the blog and posting the winners blog. She ended up having some health issues and got really disorganized and I ended up stepping down and a few months later I found out that she closed the blog. Sometimes I think it's up to the Owner of the Challenge blog, how she wants to handle things, but I can see that after a year or so, I'd maybe want to try something different.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:58 AM   #590

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-20-2014, 06:22 AM   #591
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Have a Terrific Tuesday!
Old 05-20-2014, 11:24 AM   #592
Pearl-ExPert

Can someone tell me how to take off or add those things like where it says what DT's I'm on, etc.? I know you told me how to add them once before but can't remember what I did now. No surprise there I'm afraid!
Old 05-20-2014, 11:42 AM   #593
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Can someone tell me how to take off or add those things like where it says what DT's I'm on, etc.? I know you told me how to add them once before but can't remember what I did now. No surprise there I'm afraid!
If you click on the "welcome jimlynn" at the top of the page, it will take you to your "account." Then click on Edit Signature and there you can add or delete whatever you want. Don't forget to save it.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:08 PM   #594
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Maggie. I just changed it and will see what happens I guess. AND, I DID write it down this time - of course, finding where I wrote it may take a bit of doing when ever. LOL!
Old 05-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #595
Pearl-ExPert

Still working on it.........grumble grumble, growl growl!
Old 05-20-2014, 01:13 PM   #596
Pearl-ExPert

Mercy me.........what AM I doing wrong. I went to Edit Signature, typed in like http://www.etc........hit save signature and it doesn't change. Do I have to put in like URL/http......etc....or can I just do http://www..........
Old 05-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #597
Pearl-ExPert

Grrrr.........I can take on off but can't add one?
Old 05-20-2014, 02:24 PM   #598
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Mercy me.........what AM I doing wrong. I went to Edit Signature, typed in like http://www.etc........hit save signature and it doesn't change. Do I have to put in like URL/http......etc....or can I just do http://www..........
Lynn, you don't have to type anything. First go to the page where you want to end up - the challenge blog that you are trying to add and Copy the blog address from up in your browser window. Then go to Edit Signature. Type in the name of the blog like Creative Knockouts. Then you click on the little world with the thing that looks like glasses up above which is Insert Link. then take out the http:/ that's there and paste in the link to the challenge blog and then save it. That should work.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #599
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Maggie!!!!!! I'll try that in a minute - in the middle of cooking supper! Thanks a ton!
Old 05-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #600
SCS RAK Coordinator

Lynn--here is a tutorial on SCS about changing your siggy with some pictures.

Splitcoaststampers - Help