Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-19-2016, 05:49 AM   #5921
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Monday! It is -9 this morning with a bit of a wind chill. It sure is pretty out though. Snow is stacked on all of the trees and the deck and railing. We got maybe 10 inches of snow over the weekend, half Friday night and the other half Saturday night. Friday night was very windy, so low wind chills. The snow was light and fluffy both rounds, so not too bad for the shoveler . We went snowshoeing Saturday afternoon, but it was a short hike as a strap broke on one of my shoes. Our Christmas Cards are done and the last round will be postal today. I have a few errands to run today and maybe some time in the stamp room as I have not been there for over a week. .

Have a great start to the week, a busy and festive week for sure!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:11 AM   #5922
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Brrrr!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:13 AM   #5923
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Do stay warm out there, friends. That is mighty cold. I'd still rather be making snow angels than sand angels, but this is home!

I'll share all my sunshine with you all - how about that

Busy day(s) ahead starting with 3rd birthday tomorrow, then a church concert, then chorus event/concert(s), then a drama show, another holiday concert, Boy Scout christmas party - church festivities and beyond ............. I keep waiting for the Elf on the Shelf to stop being mischevious and help me with some of this holiday rush, LOL!

By the way, i do hope you'll be able to stop by my blog on the 28th for a very special announcement ♥

Sending hugs and SUNSHINE!!!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:00 PM   #5924
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Oh boy,I have been doing alot of craft space organizing... I have made a decision to thin out my stamps/Studio G collection/Dies, etc..... I am making a nice mess! It is hard to decide- what to charge??? Oh, and getting rid of stamp pads/reinkers/markers....some never used....I hate to see unopened supplies like ink pads for diddly squat......

I found out today that my computer is under warrantee still! SO glad, but I was on the phone for 1 1/2 hours with HP getting them to look it up and get our address to send out the box. Dear me.... I am so excited though- even if I am without the computer for a bit, it is nice to have that covered....cause I am thinking if was a couple hundred bucks!

I did have an interesting time in the freezing cold on Sunday- the ESL group was very informal, and we were all talking about how in the Asian countries, there are so many dialects. The Burmese folks there all of them speak a different dialect. They all are from mountain areas except one. They learn their area language until 4th grade, which is made up of ABC letters like we know them (Zomi), but the Burmese government makes them only teach Burmese after that..... You would not guess that from knowing the group and the way they chat that their languages are not universal.

Well Maxine, Kelly, Maggie and Lynn- it is COLD here- even the dog does not want to go outside! I stayed in all day today- it was nice. I had 2 errands to run and my youngest did them for me when she went out : ) It is supposed to et up to double digits tomorrow!

Stephi made it home yesterday and will be home until we get back from our trip. Katie has to teach all week- including Friday! So, we will try to celebrate Christmas early and go to Midnight Mass- it is supposed to get up in the 40's here (heat wave coming thru!).

Oh Maggie, the poor kittie- and its Mom too. How do you keep it from running out of the room when you open the door? Glad your shot helped!

Kelly- does your elf move everyday??? I see such cute ideas : )

Barb- snow -shoeing sounds like fun! Do you have to shovel the snow? I cannot with my back strain/pain issue, so if yes, do you have a snow blower I hope?

Jeanette- you had me googling Door County Cherry fudge as well.... looks like you can buy it online..... not cheap though!

Waving hello- gotta get to bed!

Shelly
Old 12-20-2016, 04:17 AM   #5925
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning before I dash off! Busy BUSY day ahead!

Shelly, yep - our fun little elf moves every night! We love it! It's one of the best traditions! I, too, have seen some interesting ideas - some good, some not! LOL! Ours is a clean elf - mischevious and fun

That's interesting in the ESL group - here, it's a need (due to the Spanish influx) My dd will be ESL certified by the time she's done with her teacher's training.

Hugs to all!
Old 12-20-2016, 04:51 AM   #5926

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Shelly, purging craft supplies is painful... I feel for you! Interesting about the fudge. I tried buying it online a few years ago... couldn't find it. Then I called the store and asked. They said NO! We can't mail it because it won't keep in transit. So it was not possible to get it unless you went to Door County, which truthfully, I don't ever plan to do again. We were not fans of Door County - other than the fudge.

Kelly, TEE HEE! I'm going as fast as I can. Though I will admit, this morning it's not very fast. SHEESH! I've had a few setbacks this morning already... and it's not even 7:00 yet.

Waving to everyone else!

oooooooooooo Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-20-2016, 06:16 AM   #5927
SCS RAK Coordinator

Jeanette--next time I head to Door County I will check it out for you--we go at least once a year or so. You will need to tell me the name of the store.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:16 AM   #5928
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Tuesday. I have no plans today so I am heading to the treadmill in a bit and then time in the stamp room--YAY!

Have a terrific Tuesday!
Old 12-20-2016, 06:24 AM   #5929

Barb, I'm sorry... I can't imagine going to Door County every year. LOL! (I'm not an outdoorsy type of gal, can you tell?)

Thanks! Hmmmm... not sure I'll remember the name of the store, but I'll search/snoop it out.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-20-2016, 11:22 AM   #5930
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Maggie, poor Petunia.... and her mama! I'm so sorry!

Yes, I have googled cherry fudge, many times. And I've seen the recipes you linked before and now, too. Thank you for doing that for me. Unfortunately they are nothing like the cherry fudge I had in Door County.... nor are any of the recipes I found.

Sorry you can't find the cherry fudge recipe that you really like. Maybe you could just do a trial and error until you come up with the right one.

We are having a time. I've been goggling how to socialize a feral cat. Petunia is not very social. She wants me to be in the room with her because she's alone, but she doesn't want me to pick her up or hold her. Today I read that feral cats are socialized within the first 8 weeks of life. Well, I have been picking her up, petting her, and talking to her since she was born. The next thing they say is to ignore them. Give them food and water, and offer to play with an interactive toy, which I have been doing and she likes to do that at night. I like it because it wears her out and she'll sleep. For now, she has to realize that I'm the one that feeds her. I'll quit trying to hold her and pick her up until she shows signs that she wants to. If she doesn't ever then she may become one of the outside kitties although that would break my heart. I really want her to have a real home.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #5931
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies--Happy Monday! It is -9 this morning with a bit of a wind chill. It sure is pretty out though. Snow is stacked on all of the trees and the deck and railing. We got maybe 10 inches of snow over the weekend, half Friday night and the other half Saturday night. Friday night was very windy, so low wind chills. The snow was light and fluffy both rounds, so not too bad for the shoveler . We went snowshoeing Saturday afternoon, but it was a short hike as a strap broke on one of my shoes. Our Christmas Cards are done and the last round will be postal today. I have a few errands to run today and maybe some time in the stamp room as I have not been there for over a week. .

Have a great start to the week, a busy and festive week for sure!
pretty cold! Sorry about your snowshoe.

I have most of my cards out this week. I think I have a few more that I'll try to finish up tonight. Any others may be New Year's cards.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:29 AM   #5932
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Oh boy,I have been doing alot of craft space organizing... I have made a decision to thin out my stamps/Studio G collection/Dies, etc..... I am making a nice mess! It is hard to decide- what to charge??? Oh, and getting rid of stamp pads/reinkers/markers....some never used....I hate to see unopened supplies like ink pads for diddly squat......

I found out today that my computer is under warrantee still! SO glad, but I was on the phone for 1 1/2 hours with HP getting them to look it up and get our address to send out the box. Dear me.... I am so excited though- even if I am without the computer for a bit, it is nice to have that covered....cause I am thinking if was a couple hundred bucks!

I did have an interesting time in the freezing cold on Sunday- the ESL group was very informal, and we were all talking about how in the Asian countries, there are so many dialects. The Burmese folks there all of them speak a different dialect. They all are from mountain areas except one. They learn their area language until 4th grade, which is made up of ABC letters like we know them (Zomi), but the Burmese government makes them only teach Burmese after that..... You would not guess that from knowing the group and the way they chat that their languages are not universal.

Well Maxine, Kelly, Maggie and Lynn- it is COLD here- even the dog does not want to go outside! I stayed in all day today- it was nice. I had 2 errands to run and my youngest did them for me when she went out : ) It is supposed to et up to double digits tomorrow!

Stephi made it home yesterday and will be home until we get back from our trip. Katie has to teach all week- including Friday! So, we will try to celebrate Christmas early and go to Midnight Mass- it is supposed to get up in the 40's here (heat wave coming thru!).

Oh Maggie, the poor kittie- and its Mom too. How do you keep it from running out of the room when you open the door? Glad your shot helped!

Kelly- does your elf move everyday??? I see such cute ideas : )

Barb- snow -shoeing sounds like fun! Do you have to shovel the snow? I cannot with my back strain/pain issue, so if yes, do you have a snow blower I hope?

Jeanette- you had me googling Door County Cherry fudge as well.... looks like you can buy it online..... not cheap though!

Waving hello- gotta get to bed!

Shelly
Where are you going on your trip? If you told us, I've completely forgotten or missed it one day.

Hurrah for warranty on your computer!

I have to open the door slowly and carefully and sometimes she tries to sneak out and I just grab her up and put her back in there. I'm so concerned that she's not going to warm up to people and I won't be able to find someone to take her and give her a home. One other thing I read online was to read to the cat so they get accustomed to your voice.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:52 PM   #5933
Mad Swapper

Hi girls - back after several busy days - today we had to go to the doctor for DH, and his pain meds have been 'upped' - makes it all the more real, not a nice feeling . The wheelchair arrived yesterday - or his chariot as we call it - we need it as he runs out of puff very quickly and cannot really walk any distance anymore... grrr to smoking!! So glad he quit 12 years ago, but the effects do not go away!!

The weather here is hot again today - 80 oF but a nice breeze to make it more comfortable. Will have to water the garden again tonight, and plant out some brocolli, celery and tomatoes - better late than never

Maggie Petunia looks as though she may be a bit of a problem - do hope you can calm her - if anyone can it will be you, you are such a good Cat Mama.

Shelly it sounds as though you really are having a purge!! As for the cold - stay warm and safe and take care!!

Kelly it's always good to see you here - can't wait to hear your news!! A wedding??? or a new DT???

Jeanette you and Barb crack me up with your slinging off at each other... just you two behave you hear, and I want to see smoochy tomorrow too, Barb .

Waving from down under
Old 12-21-2016, 03:29 AM   #5934

Maggie, I'm going to do that... I'm buying some dried cherries today for the experiment. I'm sorry Petunia isn't taking to her human mommy completely... only on her own terms. I'm sure you will keep trying!

Maxine... just so you know, it's ALL Barb's fault if there is any misbehaving going on! And YES, I too want to see Smoochy!!! I am so sorry that things are progressing with your DH. Breaks my heart, and I continue to pray for both of you. (((HUGS)))

Well... today IS the day! I've made the menus (and the shopping list - which I never do except for special occasions... I usually just shop without a list) for several meals while our company is here... and today I am going to go buy the groceries... lots and LOTS of groceries! I'm soooooo excited! Our DD and her boyfriend will fly in on Saturday (assuming weather doesn't get them stalled in their village in Alaska)! DS and his girlfriend arrive on the 26th. Our lives - and house! - will be full and blessed!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-21-2016, 03:57 PM   #5935
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Evening Ladies. I had a humane society board meeting at 7:30 this morning and then a took a quick trip to an outlet mall that is close to make a couple of returns. I then picked up some pizzas to deliver back at the shelter as we are bringing food for lunch for the staff and volunteers for the "12 Days of Christmas". Then a trip back to Milwaukee for a few more stops and finally home late this afternoon. Since I was gone all of the day, I am sad to say I was not able to find Smoochy!
Old 12-21-2016, 07:21 PM   #5936
Mad Swapper

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh - no Smoochy We have had all the grandies here this afternoon so it has been bedlam!! Cheered me up from missing Smoochy
Old 12-21-2016, 09:00 PM   #5937
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

I took my youngest for a crack of the dawn doc appt in Chicago at Northwestern today. A rheumatologist was freaked out by her low heart rate- even though she is a runner, and had her do an echo of her heart. It said she has mild pulmonary Hypertension, so we went to a specialist- all is good in regards to that. They are working her up for breathing issues and some rheumatic issues eg Lupus. We arrived back home at about 3 ish, I took a muscle relaxant and slept all afternoon..... She will go to a Dermatologist tomorrow to look at the skin on her hands and feet- which started the whole ball rolling last spring.....

Tonight we watched This is Us, a series Stephi started watching and now we are as well......

I still have not mailed out all of my Christmas cards- will work on that tomorrow.

Maggie- we fly into Las Vegas, drive thru Utah (will stop at Bryce) and then to the Grand Canyon- this is where we will meet Chris and Kayla), then heading to Arizona for a few days, then back to Las Vegas........ I sure hope my back behaves!

Blessings to you Maxine- the hustle and bustle of the holidays is here- you are so blessed to have family close now and the kiddo's close too! Lots of awesome memories getting made! Hope they make some recordings of Grandpa and the kids : ) Will keep you and your family in prayers and pray for comfort/least amount of pain!

Jeanette- they have to be Michigan cherries : ) LOL That is what they say up there anyway! We stopped at a place where there was a cherry pit spitting place outside, and it measured how far you spit the pit after you ate the cherry...... Of course we had to try it....no memory if we were any good at it or not.
Whoa- full house indeed!!! It will be an awesome time!

Barb- you wore Smoochy out today running him all over- bet he is in the back seat of your car passed out! LOL

Waving hello to all!

Shelly

Old 12-22-2016, 03:44 AM   #5938

Barb, Barb, Barb... Smoochy was right where you left him, I'm sure!

Maxine, I'm so glad the grand ones were there to visit - and that they had some time outside to run off energy, too. Oh, to have some of that energy, though.

Shelly, we didn't see any seed-spitting contests when we were there... hmmm... nope! Not worth a trip back. LOL! I'm sorry you had to take youngest one to the specialist but hopefully answers will bring peace of mind.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-22-2016, 06:09 AM   #5939
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Thursday! I hope you have a fantastic day!!!!

Old 12-22-2016, 06:10 AM   #5940
SCS RAK Coordinator

Shelly--This is Us is our new favorite TV show--love it!
Old 12-22-2016, 07:42 PM   #5941
Pearl-ExPert

Just letting everyone know I'm still alive. Extremely busy as you can imagine. We'll be moving everything on the 27th if I'm still alive. Can't do much and then have to stop for a while but slowly getting it all packed. Working on the last room now. The craft room was a nightmare!!!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and happy new year. Will be back at some point.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:52 PM   #5942
Mad Swapper

Good to see you check in Lynn - all the best to you and Jim for Christmas and the move. {{{{{hugs}}}}}
Old 12-22-2016, 08:41 PM   #5943

Cute graphic, Barb!

Lynn, it's so glad to see you. Don't overdo... moving can be exhausting!

Maxine, hope your day has gone well.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-23-2016, 06:02 AM   #5944

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-23-2016, 06:20 AM   #5945

Maggie, I thought of you when I saw this one this morning....

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:29 AM   #5946
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello Friends--Happy Friday! I hope Santa has decided which list you are on--if not, there still is time........................

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #5947

Yes.... Santa KNOWS I've been good (no matter what Barb says).

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:49 PM   #5948
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Happy day before Christmas Eve!

Stephi and I shopped a bit for her, she gained a few pounds this semester, 5'9" and up to a whopping 140#'s. We had a number of bags to drop off at a resale shop, and she browsed the racks and found a couple of pairs of pants and was good to go : )

I ran some errands this afternoon- the stored were just mobbed!

We sent my computer in today, good timing with being gone- I may not be around much in blogland in the next couple of weeks. Some of the places we are going state internet is spotty.

Merry Christmas to all!!!
Hugs
Shelly
barbaralynn, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:18 AM   #5949

Shelly, you are a brave woman to navigate the stores so close to Christmas. LOL! I love going on Black Friday but avoid the day or two before Christmas if at all possible.

It's hard to believe tomorrow is Christmas. WOW! And what a Christmas it's becoming in our household. EEK!

We were in communication with our DD off and on all day yesterday and knew it was a great possibility.... but it didn't make the pill any easier to swallow. Due to weather, her flight out of the bush of Alaska was canceled yesterday. That happens when you live in the bush.... those teeny tiny planes (6-11 seaters) can't handle a lot. But... we were all hoping that she and her BF would not have any problems so they could get here today. They both work at the school so couldn't leave until yesterday... at the end of the school day.

When they canceled the flight early last night... she scrambled to reschedule flights (it takes 4-6 flights to get here so that in and of itself is a major feat). They are now leaving the village this morning... and will get to St. Louis Christmas evening. That is, IF the weather allows them to leave their village. (That first 45 minute flight is the challenging one). We are hopeful but also know not to get our hopes up too much.

Now I'm trying to rethink what we are having for our Christmas dinner.... because I had planned to have some of DD's favorites since she was going to be here. Now I will want to wait to have those things for when she does get here. Hmmmm... what to fix that doesn't require a trip to the grocery store today??? That's the quandary. DH suggested I make a pot of soup... I said no because then I'd have to go to the store. LOL!

Add to all this flight/travel stuff.... Brock has been DETERMINED for quite some time that we are going to "open presents on Saturday". I don't know where he got it in his head that Christmas was on Saturday, but he's sure it is.

Last night after his shower, he plopped himself down in the middle seat of the sofa (where he always sits on Christmas eve) for the reading of the Christmas story and the hanging of the nativity ornaments. Fortunately he wasn't TOO stubborn and we fairly easily convinced him that we would do that on Saturday night... Christmas being Sunday.

Yep! Never a dull moment at our house.

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #5950
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Christmas Eve!

Shel, thinking of you and Steph and praying for good results all around x0x0

We are excited for Christmas - first, all the kids will be here! Yes, all 4! And they all live here - LOL .....just 2 of the 4 are busy with full time work and full time college and full time friends and boyfriends! Cookies are all baked, some wrapped and some delivered, and gifts are all under the tree. I was at 3 stores again just yesterday looking for things I forgot or heard about from a little elf - oh dear! The traffic was snarled but the stores were fine - a bit sparce, but I found everything I needed! Whew!

Tonight we head to my daughter's boyfriend's parents house (that's a mouthfull!) to celebrate Noche Beuna. IT's a popular Cuban tradition where they have the roasted pig and a feast fit for a king. That part gives me the willies. I don't handle that well, but they were super kind to prepare a vegetarian meal for me and I won't go anywhere near "the pit"! LOL! They are such kind and warm folks!

Maxine how nice to have the grands! Yes it will be a wonderful commotion as I like to say The sound of the little ones running amuck with excitement is just the best ♥

Jeanette, praying the plane can arrive and you can see your daughter sooner than anticipated - and may the weather cooperate!

Waving to Maggie and Lynn and Darlene and Kristi and all the friends!
x0x0
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:39 AM   #5951
SCS RAK Coordinator

Merry, Merry Christmas to All of my SCS Friends. I hope you all have a Blessed Christmas Eve.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:07 PM   #5952
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi girls - back after several busy days - today we had to go to the doctor for DH, and his pain meds have been 'upped' - makes it all the more real, not a nice feeling . The wheelchair arrived yesterday - or his chariot as we call it - we need it as he runs out of puff very quickly and cannot really walk any distance anymore... grrr to smoking!! So glad he quit 12 years ago, but the effects do not go away!!

The weather here is hot again today - 80 oF but a nice breeze to make it more comfortable. Will have to water the garden again tonight, and plant out some brocolli, celery and tomatoes - better late than never

Maggie Petunia looks as though she may be a bit of a problem - do hope you can calm her - if anyone can it will be you, you are such a good Cat Mama.

Shelly it sounds as though you really are having a purge!! As for the cold - stay warm and safe and take care!!

Kelly it's always good to see you here - can't wait to hear your news!! A wedding??? or a new DT???

Jeanette you and Barb crack me up with your slinging off at each other... just you two behave you hear, and I want to see smoochy tomorrow too, Barb .

Waving from down under
I've been trying to spend more time with Petunia. She really hasn't warmed up to me enough yet to actually let me hold her or sit on my lap. She does love to play though and I spend about 1/2 hour in the morning and at night playing with her and a toy that she can chase around. I think it helps her sleep. She's been doing so much better with not meowing every time I leave her. I also sometimes will spend time reading to her. I've read that helps them get familiar with you.

So sorry about having to deal with your DH's health issue. I keep you guys in my prayers. It sounds like you both are handling it well though.

I can relate to the weather. It's supposed to be in the 80's here tomorrow on Christmas Day.
Save
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:10 PM   #5953
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, I'm going to do that... I'm buying some dried cherries today for the experiment. I'm sorry Petunia isn't taking to her human mommy completely... only on her own terms. I'm sure you will keep trying!

Maxine... just so you know, it's ALL Barb's fault if there is any misbehaving going on! And YES, I too want to see Smoochy!!! I am so sorry that things are progressing with your DH. Breaks my heart, and I continue to pray for both of you. (((HUGS)))

Well... today IS the day! I've made the menus (and the shopping list - which I never do except for special occasions... I usually just shop without a list) for several meals while our company is here... and today I am going to go buy the groceries... lots and LOTS of groceries! I'm soooooo excited! Our DD and her boyfriend will fly in on Saturday (assuming weather doesn't get them stalled in their village in Alaska)! DS and his girlfriend arrive on the 26th. Our lives - and house! - will be full and blessed!

Good luck with the cherry fudge. I hope it turns out for you.

Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas. I hope that all goes well with the family coming in.
Save
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:21 PM   #5954
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I took my youngest for a crack of the dawn doc appt in Chicago at Northwestern today. A rheumatologist was freaked out by her low heart rate- even though she is a runner, and had her do an echo of her heart. It said she has mild pulmonary Hypertension, so we went to a specialist- all is good in regards to that. They are working her up for breathing issues and some rheumatic issues eg Lupus. We arrived back home at about 3 ish, I took a muscle relaxant and slept all afternoon..... She will go to a Dermatologist tomorrow to look at the skin on her hands and feet- which started the whole ball rolling last spring.....

Tonight we watched This is Us, a series Stephi started watching and now we are as well......

I still have not mailed out all of my Christmas cards- will work on that tomorrow.

Maggie- we fly into Las Vegas, drive thru Utah (will stop at Bryce) and then to the Grand Canyon- this is where we will meet Chris and Kayla), then heading to Arizona for a few days, then back to Las Vegas........ I sure hope my back behaves!

Blessings to you Maxine- the hustle and bustle of the holidays is here- you are so blessed to have family close now and the kiddo's close too! Lots of awesome memories getting made! Hope they make some recordings of Grandpa and the kids : ) Will keep you and your family in prayers and pray for comfort/least amount of pain!

Jeanette- they have to be Michigan cherries : ) LOL That is what they say up there anyway! We stopped at a place where there was a cherry pit spitting place outside, and it measured how far you spit the pit after you ate the cherry...... Of course we had to try it....no memory if we were any good at it or not.
Whoa- full house indeed!!! It will be an awesome time!

Barb- you wore Smoochy out today running him all over- bet he is in the back seat of your car passed out! LOL

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Shelly, sorry about the health issues of your youngest. I hope the doctors can get her regulated so she doesn't have any more issues. Did you know before that she had Lupus?

That sounds like a fun trip. I hope that your back does behave and you have an awesome time with all the sightseeing. Will there be skiing?

I'm still working on some cards myself. Most are for my family that are still not done. I hope to get them finished today.

I've not watched that show. I guess you guys are liking it.
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:29 PM   #5955
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Just letting everyone know I'm still alive. Extremely busy as you can imagine. We'll be moving everything on the 27th if I'm still alive. Can't do much and then have to stop for a while but slowly getting it all packed. Working on the last room now. The craft room was a nightmare!!!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and happy new year. Will be back at some point.
HI Lynn! I can't imagine having to pack up my stamp room. Where are you moving to? I probably forgot if you told us. Wishing you and Jim a very Merry Christmas and hope the New Year brings you many blessings.
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:32 PM   #5956
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Happy day before Christmas Eve!

Stephi and I shopped a bit for her, she gained a few pounds this semester, 5'9" and up to a whopping 140#'s. We had a number of bags to drop off at a resale shop, and she browsed the racks and found a couple of pairs of pants and was good to go : )

I ran some errands this afternoon- the stored were just mobbed!

We sent my computer in today, good timing with being gone- I may not be around much in blogland in the next couple of weeks. Some of the places we are going state internet is spotty.

Merry Christmas to all!!!
Hugs
Shelly
Sorry for Stephi and the few pounds that she put on, but glad that she was able to find some new things to wear. 140 for 5'9" doesn't sound too bad.

Glad you're able to have your computer worked on while you're on vacation. Maybe it will be all fixed when you get back. Just enjoy your trip.
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:35 PM   #5957
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Shelly, you are a brave woman to navigate the stores so close to Christmas. LOL! I love going on Black Friday but avoid the day or two before Christmas if at all possible.

It's hard to believe tomorrow is Christmas. WOW! And what a Christmas it's becoming in our household. EEK!

We were in communication with our DD off and on all day yesterday and knew it was a great possibility.... but it didn't make the pill any easier to swallow. Due to weather, her flight out of the bush of Alaska was canceled yesterday. That happens when you live in the bush.... those teeny tiny planes (6-11 seaters) can't handle a lot. But... we were all hoping that she and her BF would not have any problems so they could get here today. They both work at the school so couldn't leave until yesterday... at the end of the school day.

When they canceled the flight early last night... she scrambled to reschedule flights (it takes 4-6 flights to get here so that in and of itself is a major feat). They are now leaving the village this morning... and will get to St. Louis Christmas evening. That is, IF the weather allows them to leave their village. (That first 45 minute flight is the challenging one). We are hopeful but also know not to get our hopes up too much.

Now I'm trying to rethink what we are having for our Christmas dinner.... because I had planned to have some of DD's favorites since she was going to be here. Now I will want to wait to have those things for when she does get here. Hmmmm... what to fix that doesn't require a trip to the grocery store today??? That's the quandary. DH suggested I make a pot of soup... I said no because then I'd have to go to the store. LOL!

Add to all this flight/travel stuff.... Brock has been DETERMINED for quite some time that we are going to "open presents on Saturday". I don't know where he got it in his head that Christmas was on Saturday, but he's sure it is.

Last night after his shower, he plopped himself down in the middle seat of the sofa (where he always sits on Christmas eve) for the reading of the Christmas story and the hanging of the nativity ornaments. Fortunately he wasn't TOO stubborn and we fairly easily convinced him that we would do that on Saturday night... Christmas being Sunday.

Yep! Never a dull moment at our house.

Hope DD makes it out of Alaska and home for the holiday!

That's funny about Brock and his determination that Christmas was on Saturday. Glad you were able to convince him otherwise.
Save
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:40 PM   #5958
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Happy Christmas Eve!

Shel, thinking of you and Steph and praying for good results all around x0x0

We are excited for Christmas - first, all the kids will be here! Yes, all 4! And they all live here - LOL .....just 2 of the 4 are busy with full time work and full time college and full time friends and boyfriends! Cookies are all baked, some wrapped and some delivered, and gifts are all under the tree. I was at 3 stores again just yesterday looking for things I forgot or heard about from a little elf - oh dear! The traffic was snarled but the stores were fine - a bit sparce, but I found everything I needed! Whew!

Tonight we head to my daughter's boyfriend's parents house (that's a mouthfull!) to celebrate Noche Beuna. IT's a popular Cuban tradition where they have the roasted pig and a feast fit for a king. That part gives me the willies. I don't handle that well, but they were super kind to prepare a vegetarian meal for me and I won't go anywhere near "the pit"! LOL! They are such kind and warm folks!

Maxine how nice to have the grands! Yes it will be a wonderful commotion as I like to say The sound of the little ones running amuck with excitement is just the best ♥

Jeanette, praying the plane can arrive and you can see your daughter sooner than anticipated - and may the weather cooperate!

Waving to Maggie and Lynn and Darlene and Kristi and all the friends!
x0x0
So glad that I didn't have to go to any stores these few days before Christmas. Glad you were able to find what you needed without much trouble.

The Cuban meal sounds interesting and so nice of his parents to make sure you have a meal you can eat. Have they been in the States for a long time? I read a book (true story) called The Boy Who Said No about a young man's escape from Cuba back after Castro took over. One of my good friends has her son down in Havana right now for 2 years. He works for the State Department. One of his sisters was able to fly down to spend Christmas with him and his family. It's nice to have this new relationship between the States and Cuba.
Save
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:42 PM   #5959
Quacker Stamper

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Old 12-24-2016, 12:42 PM   #5960
Quacker Stamper

It's been a busy few days. Nice to have 4 day weekend. Friday I started cleaning up the garage and took 2 1/2 big bags of clothes and stuff to MAM for donations. Hope to work some more on the garage on Monday. Last night my sister and 3 of her grandsons and me went to see TSO. The concert was fabulous. I think they get better and better every year. The boys are all grown up so they had 3 tickets by themselves across the theater from me and my sis. That's the only way I could get us tickets. I was able to get a lot of videos and pictures and hope to get some of them posted on FB over the weekend.

Today I'm wrapping gifts. Just about done with that.

I've been trying to spend more time with Petunia. She really hasn't warmed up to me enough yet to actually let me hold her or sit on my lap. She does love to play though and I spend about 1/2 hour in the morning and at night. I think it helps her sleep. She's been doing so much better with not meowing every time I leave her.

I"ve got some cooking to do. I'm sharing the cooking with my daughter. I'm making the sweet potato cassarole, green bean cassarole, pumpkin pie and taking rolls. I'm also taking cranberry sauce. Some I'll do tonight and some tomorrow morning before church.
Kiwime likes this post.