Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-10-2016, 10:39 PM   #5881
Mad Swapper

Glad your mother traveled well Shelly, and that she settles well with your brother.

Sorry to hear about your computer screen - hope you can get it foxed. Safe travels as you return home.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:08 AM   #5882
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maxine, your cards are much more creative/artistic than mine... it would probably take me 36 days to make 1 of yours. You amaze me!!!

Shelly, so glad you and mom made it safely to Dallas. I can imagine the stress that traveling brings to your mom. (((HUGS))) to both of you. I hope your computer is an easy repair.

Barb, WOW! Sure looks/sounds like you're enjoying a beautiful setting!

Well, I survived... and it was a fun party! Not as many people there as we'd hoped for (we had a couple of families not show up) but those that were there had plenty to eat... and we'll be eating leftovers for a good long while. Sheesh! Too much food!

Then yesterday we partied twice. We were invited to a church in the morning that was having a Christmas lunch following the service. It gave us a great opportunity to visit with people and we enjoyed the time with them. Then in the evening we went to another church in our association (we always go to a different church morning and night unless my DH is asked to preach at the same one both services). They were having their cantata... it was WONDERFUL! And of course, there was party food following it. Again, we had a great time visiting with some people there.

Today I have a meeting. And this week has somewhere for us to go/be every day. Yep, it's beginning to feel a lot like the busy Christmas season that ministers have. And we love it!!!

oooooooooooo Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 12-12-2016, 08:20 AM   #5883
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--Happy Monday from Nashville. It is raining today, but still is warmer than home--and not the 6 inches of snow we got at home too...................

Saturday Night, the Wisconsin group of about 25, took a bus downtown and we spent 3+ hours there. It was packed as the Titans played at home yesterday and there were many Denver fans in town for the game. It also was Santa Rampage, where thousands of people dressed in various Santa and other winter apparel, descend on the downtown area and have a blast too! Yesterday, I had meetings and visiting the exhibit hall, along with checking out some hospitality rooms last night. Florida's was the best with a huge bowl of shrimp cocktail for us! Today there are more meetings and exhibit hall along with an awards luncheon. I think I am heading over to Opry Mills Mall later this afternoon for a bit of shopping.

Have a Fantastic Day Everyone!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:50 PM   #5884
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

YAY for new stamps, Maxine! Verve stamps are very nice - I can't wait to see what you make with yours ♥

Maggie - ay yi yi! Glad you deleted and moved on - sometimes that is best, but ouch on the migraine!

Hi J! Adorable graphic - I'm choo chooing right behind you! GMTA!

The party - so. much. fun! She loved her cake and gifts and guests - including my BIL who is leaving this weekend permanently for Colorado My husband is going to miss him terribly. He's moving to Westminster - and we'll fly up to see him this summer (late May, early June) The guests didnt' leave til 12:30 am though! I kept saying this is fun and all but go home! LOL! We have work! And school! In like 4 hours!

I'm off to get inky today ........ stamping and coloring for me! WOOT!

Scattering hugs!
It wasn't one of those bad migraines. I haven't had one like that in a really, really long time. I don't know if you've ever had one, but I think they call it a vascular migraine, where you see a bright weird light in your line of vision and it starts out really small and then grows until it goes out of your line of sight. It's weird when you're trying to read something and just see this light in your way. It doesn't hurt and I don't get a real headache from it.

Glad to hear that the party went so well that no one wanted to leave and go home. Sorry for your DH that his Brother will be moving so far away. I can relate having my DD in CA. At least it gives us somewhere to go on vacations!

Hope you had fun getting inky.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-12-2016, 12:52 PM   #5885
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Ooops - I did not do as I was told - went out and gardened instead, until it rained.....

I thought I had posted this, but when I had to restart the computer it did not show up!! And now I have seen it - wot is my computer doing ???????????????
It has a mind of it's own! Enjoy the nice warm weather. I would love it be outside gardening, but this old body doesn't like doing that anymore.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:53 PM   #5886
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

LOL! Kelly, I might have said "Good night... just turn the lights off when you go."

Maxine, you naughty girl! (You do know Santa is watching, don't you?) Tee Hee! Oh, today is the cooking day... the only thing I cooked yesterday was three batches of fudge. I also did laundry yesterday - 9 loads. And I made 36 cards, most of them CAS.

Now, I need to cook.

Yummy! Did you make all the same kind of fudge, or did you mix it up.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:14 PM   #5887
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post

Good Afternoon Everyone. The conference so far as been great. The Gaylord Opryland is stunning this time of year. This is one of the 4 courtyards, full of trees, plants and great decorations. There are 9 acres of indoor gardens and with it being freezing outside, it is great to be indoors!
Sounds beautiful and lots of fun.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #5888
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Dropping in to say hello. I am in Dallas with my Mom, at my brothers house. The flight went well, Mom did well. I will be flying home Tuesday night- getting home midnight-ish....

I will be back ti chatting Wednesday or Thursday. The display on my computer is damaged, and I will have to get a new one..... screen only hopefully.....

Have a great weekend!

Shelly
Glad that your mom did well with the flight. Sorry about your comptuer display.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #5889
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maxine, your cards are much more creative/artistic than mine... it would probably take me 36 days to make 1 of yours. You amaze me!!!

Shelly, so glad you and mom made it safely to Dallas. I can imagine the stress that traveling brings to your mom. (((HUGS))) to both of you. I hope your computer is an easy repair.

Barb, WOW! Sure looks/sounds like you're enjoying a beautiful setting!

Well, I survived... and it was a fun party! Not as many people there as we'd hoped for (we had a couple of families not show up) but those that were there had plenty to eat... and we'll be eating leftovers for a good long while. Sheesh! Too much food!

Then yesterday we partied twice. We were invited to a church in the morning that was having a Christmas lunch following the service. It gave us a great opportunity to visit with people and we enjoyed the time with them. Then in the evening we went to another church in our association (we always go to a different church morning and night unless my DH is asked to preach at the same one both services). They were having their cantata... it was WONDERFUL! And of course, there was party food following it. Again, we had a great time visiting with some people there.

Today I have a meeting. And this week has somewhere for us to go/be every day. Yep, it's beginning to feel a lot like the busy Christmas season that ministers have. And we love it!!!

Sounds like you had a really great party at your house and then some other ones to visit where you didn't have to prepare food or clean up afterwards. This is a busy week for me too.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:18 PM   #5890
Quacker Stamper

I got all my packages wrapped that needed to be sent off to my DD in CA. I did that Friday night and took them to the PO early Saturday morning. Then went to the grocery store and then home. Did some more decorating and moved boxes out of the way. I did not put them back out in the garage. I don't have anyone else coming by my house before Christmas so it was okay just to have them piled up out of the way so I don't have to take them out and then drag them back out to pack stuff up. I am thinking of going to the Container Store to get some ornament boxes. I need to measure my shelves to see if they are tall enough to put these on.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #5891
Quacker Stamper

My U-Verse went out on Saturday. This time the whole system went down. I had to call them on my cell phone since my Internet and U-Voice were both out also. They told me that there were 8 other houses that were having the same issue, so it's NOT just me. I had an appointment for 1 -4 on Sunday, but my service came back on in a little while on Saturday. She had said that if a technician at one of the other homes got it fixed before that, then mine would come back on also. It's till dropping the signal, but not as often. I still need to get myself on the stick and get a letter written to AT&T about their wireless service.

I worked on some simple Christmas cards Sunday afternoon/evening. I bought one of the kits from SU and I got 6 of one kind finished. They are the ones that require sewing, so they took some time. I still have 12 more to go to get all of the ones in the kit finished. Going to work on them tonight.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #5892
Quacker Stamper

I went for my regular chiro appointment today and we talked about my getting a shot in for my deltoid bursitis in that left arm. He thinks maybe that will help with getting my arm better. It's still very sore and hurts like heck at my elbow when he's working on it. He kind of does PT on it trying to get the mobility back and getting those muscles loosened up. I made an appointment fro Wednesday morning to get that shot.

Tomorrow night is book club. It's our annual Christmas get together where we all share something about Christmas, no book that we had to read. Then Thursday night we have our Church Women's Christmas dinner. I signed up to take a dessert. I had bought 2 frozen pies from my great-nephew so I'm going to take one of those. Friday is our work Christmas luncheon and I'm planning to make a sweet potato cassarole and I'm taking the other frozen pie.

I made an appointment for Saturday to take Sweet Petunia in for her first check up at the Vet. I need to have her tested to make sure she's healthy enough to get adopted before I put her information out on the web. After she comes back from the vet, I'm planning to keep her in a large kennel crate in the house where I can spend more time with her getting her socialized, where she can eat kitten food instead of the adult food she gets outside, and where she will be away from fleas and stuff outside. I also need to try to get Frostbite trapped so I can get her spayed. The girl at the vet said to try sardines or mackeral - something smelly and fishy. I hope that works.
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:59 AM   #5893

Barb, what a wonderful time you're having... with meetings, good food, time with friends, lots of Santas, shopping, etc. And missing cold and snow, too. It's definitely good timing of your trip.

Maggie, sounds like you are busy'er than busy, as my G'ma used to say. I make 3 kinds of fudge every year - chocolate, chocolate with nuts, and peanut butter. After a trip to Door County years ago... I've searched and searched for a Cherry Fudge recipe but have not been successful. If I ever find one, I'll make that, too. Oh, and the party..... it was NOT at our house. Our house isn't big enough for that many guests... but we have a very nice conference room (with kitchen) at our associational office. It accommodated us very nicely.

Yesterday was a good day. My meeting was enjoyable... the soup I made for supper (in the crockpot) turned out yummy, DH got the cards I made for the pastors in our association addressed and ready to mail. He writes a Christmas poem every year and he put it in the envelope, too. Funny thing is, he and his administrative assistant thought a blue bordered paper would be nice for his poem. I said "NO way!" if it's going in the envelope with MY card. My card is mostly white with a touch of yellow/orange... and black touches, too. Not a speck of blue on it. DH didn't understand my hangup with the blue bordered paper... but he wanted a happy wife, so he let me choose a pretty yellow paper to print his poem on.

Today he has a hospital visit to make - one of our pastors is having surgery - so will be out-of-town for a few hours... I think I'll wrap presents while he's gone, since I know he won't be able to run in the house for some reason if he's not even in town.

Tomorrow I'm going to the city to finish up my Christmas shopping (at least I hope to finish up).

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-13-2016, 11:00 AM   #5894
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon Ladies! Today is a rainy day here in Nashville, so looking out of my window is a bit dreary. I have the final meeting in an hour or so, then the banquet is tonight. I fly home tomorrow early afternoon, so will be checking out of the hotel and boarding the shuttle to the airport around 11:00 I think. I am not sure I will get online in the morning and probably not tomorrow night at home, so I will see you all on Thursday. Yes, Jeanette--that means YOU will need to find Smoochie!
Old 12-15-2016, 03:57 AM   #5895

I'm sorry I didn't pop in yesterday... I was just too distraught because Barb was hoarding Smoochy.

I did manage to make good use of the day, though, in spite of the anguish and despair. I left for the city to finish up my Christmas shopping! (Other than a few odds and ends I'll get for stocking stuffers when I buy groceries next week.) I hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday and that today will be a great day, too!

Find Me on Instagram

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 12-15-2016 at 04:00 AM..
Old 12-15-2016, 06:14 AM   #5896
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Thursday and my greetings are coming from home in SE Wisconsin! I had a wonderful time in Nashville, albeit I did not see much outside of the hotel. The Opryland was so beautiful and I enjoyed every single walk through the gardens! Today I plan to work on my Christmas cards so I can get them mailed soon. It is a day I do not plan to leave the house as it is to be a high of single digits, but with the wind chill, it will be minus teens! And, we are to get more snow tonight and tomorrow, another 10 inches!

Have a Terrific Thursday!
Old 12-15-2016, 06:17 AM   #5897

Welcome home Barb... that's too cold, though!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:14 AM   #5898
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Friends, sorry to be behind!

Just so much going on at this time of year - I leave in the dark, come home in the dark .. the poor dogs think they've been abandoned

Now my Chrissy is sick with a fever and a stomach bug. What makes it horrible for her is she's allergic to EVERYTHING - she can't even take tylenol. She has been throwing up since 2:20 am (now stopped) so it's been a long night. I hope it passes quickly and I'm bleaching the house down - her birthday is in 5 days. This cant' be!

Sending hugs to all
x0x0
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 12-15-2016, 05:49 PM   #5899

Kelly, many hugs and prayers for Chrissy and her mama!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-15-2016, 11:04 PM   #5900
Mad Swapper

Oh Kelly, that sounds horrible - {{{{{hugs}}}}} to you both!!
Barb you really have upset Jeanette now - what are we going to do with you both - arguing over Smoochy like that !!!!

Shelly I hope your flight home went well and all is settled at home - you will no doubt be missing your Mum after having her with you for four months.

Maggie I am in awe of how you care for so many cats - do hope Petunia is healthy and able to be re-homed soon.

Waving to you all from the warmth and sunshine Down Under
Old 12-16-2016, 04:25 AM   #5901

Maxine, it's way too cold here, can I come for an extended visit? Please!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-16-2016, 06:17 AM   #5902
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning. It is 12 degrees this morning, much warmer than yesterday and there is no wind. However, we are to get up to 10-12 inches of snow this afternoon through tomorrow morning. We hope to go snowshoeing tomorrow! I did get about half of my Christmas Cards done yesterday and hope to finish the remaining today.

Have a Fantastic Friday and a great weekend!
Old 12-16-2016, 06:20 AM   #5903

Barb, that's a lot of snow. I think I'd stay in and make cards, too!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-16-2016, 11:24 AM   #5904
Mad Swapper

Yes Jeanette, you may come and stay for as long as you want. 😃😃😃😃😃
Old 12-16-2016, 11:34 AM   #5905

Awesome, Maxine! I'm looking forward to being warm again... though I can't remember what that feels like. AND I'm looking forward to hanging out with YOU!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-16-2016, 12:12 PM   #5906
Mad Swapper

Just let me know when your private jet is due and i will be there to greet you with all bells ringing and balloons and streamers galore!!
Old 12-16-2016, 01:07 PM   #5907
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

WOW- you have all been chatty! I read thru the feed a few nights ago, then my screen went all black... on my computer..... so, hubby has shown me that I can hook up my laptop to the TV, and I can see just fine : )

Back from Texas just in time for an arctic chill in the air- out running around and catching up on things at home...that is until I got a box from Stamp n Storage : ) I have been up in my stamp room cleaning and sorting off my desk. I have decided to sell alot of my SU ink pads I never use- some are still in the wrapper, along with the matching markers and some have reinkers as well. I have to sort stamps as well. Just such a big pain to take pictures and post everything- and how much to charge....uuggg!

Kelly- hope your dear daughter is much improved with that stomach bug! And, hope you catch up with your rest as well! I know Dec. is so hectic for you!

Maxine- Mom was stressed during her transition, but could not remember being at my house before I left Texas.... ! We were able to FaceTime with her last evening, and she is just doing great. She asked me if I had been on a trip recently....
Keeping you in prayers there as well! Hope your hubby is doing well. And that you are holding up well too!

Maggie- you are so sweet to look after all of the cats- what a job that has to be! And, did the shot you got help you?

Barb- welcome home and glad you were so productive too- do you make all of your Christmas cards? My Hubby wants to do a picture card again- a wedding group shot which most of our friends on FB have already seen. Oh well...

I am not sure what to do about gifts for the kids. We are taking a trip, so will have to speak with Hubby about $$$, especially without the added income I used to bring in.

Hugs to all- we are getting more snow tonight and tomorrow here- and that will be beautiful, but we have up to a foot predicted. 4 more days until Winter is officially here too! LOL
We have a wedding tomorrow- it will be so beautiful out- I cannot remember ever going to a December wedding!

Waving hello to all: )

Shelly
Old 12-16-2016, 08:10 PM   #5908
Mad Swapper

Ahhh - it's finally feeling like Christmas here - 25.5 oC (77.9oF) at the moment (5:00p.m.) - bliss
Old 12-17-2016, 04:09 AM   #5909

Well, it sure looks like Maxine knows how to put out a royal welcome mat!

Shelly, it's good to see you again. The wedding will be beautiful.... but do be careful out on the roadways. Sounds like quite a pre-winter storm you're getting.

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 12-17-2016, 05:17 AM   #5910
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning from an 85 Miami! NOT feeling like Christmas here! LOL!

I want snow

But a girl can keep waiting and hoping!

Boys are off camping - and canoeing! This trip with the Scouts they have to capsize a canoe, get back in, help a buddy back in, etc ....... yikes! I'm nervous.

Today I take my daughter to a school fair, then to work, then a concert - another day of being in the road all day! Yesterday I drove over 140 miles - IN MY TOWN!
crazy. It's supposed to be the weekend - LOL!

Stay safe, everyone ♥
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 12-17-2016, 05:23 AM   #5911

Oh my Kelly... that's some serious camping/canoeing.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-17-2016, 02:07 PM   #5912
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Barb, what a wonderful time you're having... with meetings, good food, time with friends, lots of Santas, shopping, etc. And missing cold and snow, too. It's definitely good timing of your trip.

Maggie, sounds like you are busy'er than busy, as my G'ma used to say. I make 3 kinds of fudge every year - chocolate, chocolate with nuts, and peanut butter. After a trip to Door County years ago... I've searched and searched for a Cherry Fudge recipe but have not been successful. If I ever find one, I'll make that, too. Oh, and the party..... it was NOT at our house. Our house isn't big enough for that many guests... but we have a very nice conference room (with kitchen) at our associational office. It accommodated us very nicely.

Yesterday was a good day. My meeting was enjoyable... the soup I made for supper (in the crockpot) turned out yummy, DH got the cards I made for the pastors in our association addressed and ready to mail. He writes a Christmas poem every year and he put it in the envelope, too. Funny thing is, he and his administrative assistant thought a blue bordered paper would be nice for his poem. I said "NO way!" if it's going in the envelope with MY card. My card is mostly white with a touch of yellow/orange... and black touches, too. Not a speck of blue on it. DH didn't understand my hangup with the blue bordered paper... but he wanted a happy wife, so he let me choose a pretty yellow paper to print his poem on.

Today he has a hospital visit to make - one of our pastors is having surgery - so will be out-of-town for a few hours... I think I'll wrap presents while he's gone, since I know he won't be able to run in the house for some reason if he's not even in town.

Tomorrow I'm going to the city to finish up my Christmas shopping (at least I hope to finish up).

Good luck with all your busyness too!

Have you ever googled Cherry Fudge? I did and found 2 different kinds. One is pink with chunks of cherry in it with a little layer of dark chocolate on top.

Cherry Fudge with Dark Chocolate - Shugary Sweets

The other one is a dark chocolate fudge with chunks of dried cherries mixed in.

Dark Chocolate Cherry Fudge - Printer Friendly - Allrecipes.com
Save
Old 12-17-2016, 02:08 PM   #5913
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies--Happy Thursday and my greetings are coming from home in SE Wisconsin! I had a wonderful time in Nashville, albeit I did not see much outside of the hotel. The Opryland was so beautiful and I enjoyed every single walk through the gardens! Today I plan to work on my Christmas cards so I can get them mailed soon. It is a day I do not plan to leave the house as it is to be a high of single digits, but with the wind chill, it will be minus teens! And, we are to get more snow tonight and tomorrow, another 10 inches!

Have a Terrific Thursday!
Stay safe and warm. I hear the temps up North are going to be frigid with lots of -'s.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:10 PM   #5914
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi Friends, sorry to be behind!

Just so much going on at this time of year - I leave in the dark, come home in the dark .. the poor dogs think they've been abandoned

Now my Chrissy is sick with a fever and a stomach bug. What makes it horrible for her is she's allergic to EVERYTHING - she can't even take tylenol. She has been throwing up since 2:20 am (now stopped) so it's been a long night. I hope it passes quickly and I'm bleaching the house down - her birthday is in 5 days. This cant' be!

Sending hugs to all
x0x0
Yes, I hate this time of the year when it seems to be dark all the time.

Sorry about Chrissy being sick and not able to take anything for it. I hope that she's well recovered by now and will be able to enjoy her birthday.
Save
Old 12-17-2016, 02:13 PM   #5915
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oh Kelly, that sounds horrible - {{{{{hugs}}}}} to you both!!
Barb you really have upset Jeanette now - what are we going to do with you both - arguing over Smoochy like that !!!!

Shelly I hope your flight home went well and all is settled at home - you will no doubt be missing your Mum after having her with you for four months.

Maggie I am in awe of how you care for so many cats - do hope Petunia is healthy and able to be re-homed soon.

Waving to you all from the warmth and sunshine Down Under
This morning I took Petunia for her first vet checkup. Good thing I did. Turns out she has calicivirus which is not dangerous, but it is contagious for my other kitties. There is no treatment. It will just go away in a couple of weeks. Her other tests were negative. I've had to isolate her in her crate. I put it in the storage room which makes me sad because she's all alone in there. I go check on her often. So far when I do, she's laying in her litter box. I did put a towel in there for her to lay on. The vet also told me to wear a protective shirt or something over my clothes when I pick her up and then leave it in that room so I don't bring the virus out into the house. Oh, and she also has fleas and lice, so I've had to put some Frontline on her and I was told to do that every 2 weeks for 3 doses, then once a month. She is more subdued right now, letting me pick her up and hold her, but I think she's still kind of stressed and in shock from the vet visit. So it's going to be a little longer finding her a home since she has to be 100% well when I give her to someone else. It's kind of funny in a way because that's how I got to have Maggie Mae 10 years ago. Her mama was a feral stray and only had the 1 kitten. I was able to rescue both of them and had the mama spayed and was looking for a home for Maggie Mae. I took her to one of our shelters for a weekend to get adopted and she came home with kennel cough and infected the other cats I had at the time. So by the time they were all well, I just decided to keep her. I'm glad I did now because she's just the sweetest kitty.

Her poor mama is on the patio wondering what happened to her. I bought some sardines and mackeral at the grocery store and plan to put some of that in the trap tomorrow and see if I can get Frosty in the trap so I can take her to get spayed.

Save
Old 12-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #5916
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
WOW- you have all been chatty! I read thru the feed a few nights ago, then my screen went all black... on my computer..... so, hubby has shown me that I can hook up my laptop to the TV, and I can see just fine : )

Back from Texas just in time for an arctic chill in the air- out running around and catching up on things at home...that is until I got a box from Stamp n Storage : ) I have been up in my stamp room cleaning and sorting off my desk. I have decided to sell alot of my SU ink pads I never use- some are still in the wrapper, along with the matching markers and some have reinkers as well. I have to sort stamps as well. Just such a big pain to take pictures and post everything- and how much to charge....uuggg!

Kelly- hope your dear daughter is much improved with that stomach bug! And, hope you catch up with your rest as well! I know Dec. is so hectic for you!

Maxine- Mom was stressed during her transition, but could not remember being at my house before I left Texas.... ! We were able to FaceTime with her last evening, and she is just doing great. She asked me if I had been on a trip recently....
Keeping you in prayers there as well! Hope your hubby is doing well. And that you are holding up well too!

Maggie- you are so sweet to look after all of the cats- what a job that has to be! And, did the shot you got help you?

Barb- welcome home and glad you were so productive too- do you make all of your Christmas cards? My Hubby wants to do a picture card again- a wedding group shot which most of our friends on FB have already seen. Oh well...

I am not sure what to do about gifts for the kids. We are taking a trip, so will have to speak with Hubby about $$$, especially without the added income I used to bring in.

Hugs to all- we are getting more snow tonight and tomorrow here- and that will be beautiful, but we have up to a foot predicted. 4 more days until Winter is officially here too! LOL
We have a wedding tomorrow- it will be so beautiful out- I cannot remember ever going to a December wedding!

Waving hello to all: )

Shelly
Glad your mom is settled in, but it is really hard to deal with aging parents whose mental capacity is diminished. Glad that you can Face Time and keep in touch that way.

The shot DID help my bursitis. I just hope now that the continuing chiro treatments and PT will help heal those nerves and allow my fingers to work properly.

We didn't have a December wedding, but my youngest was married in January. The attendants wore navy velvet dresses. Of course it wasn't quite as cold down here in January as it's going to be in December where you are.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:21 PM   #5917
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning from an 85 Miami! NOT feeling like Christmas here! LOL!

I want snow

But a girl can keep waiting and hoping!

Boys are off camping - and canoeing! This trip with the Scouts they have to capsize a canoe, get back in, help a buddy back in, etc ....... yikes! I'm nervous.

Today I take my daughter to a school fair, then to work, then a concert - another day of being in the road all day! Yesterday I drove over 140 miles - IN MY TOWN!
crazy. It's supposed to be the weekend - LOL!

Stay safe, everyone ♥
It's a good thing that they do that canoe project down there where it's warm rather than up north where they would freeze capsizing their canoe.

What are you ever going to do after all the kids are out of school?
Save
Old 12-17-2016, 02:23 PM   #5918
Quacker Stamper

I've had a busy week. Tuesday was Book Club, but in December we don't read a book. Instead we have a Christmas get together and everyone brings a story to share. This year 2 of the ladies didn't, but I asked them about Christmas in their childhood. One lady is from Korea and the other one grew up on a dairy farm. Interesting personal stories from both of them

Thursday night was our Christmas dinner for the ladies of my church. We actually had it at the home of one of the ladies instead of at church. I think they felt it would be more Christmasy. They had a variety of soups, some salad, and desserts. I tried 2 of the soups which were really good. I took a chocolate cheesecake and brought 1/2 of it home.

Then on Friday we had our Christmas luncheon at work. They had ham and a friend of my boss's made some brisket. Of course we had all the standard food plus some. I took sweet potato cassarole and a French Silk Pie and the rest of that chocolate cheesecake. All the food was really good. I left my pies for Monday. Our office supply vendor is bringing lunch in on Monday which they do every year. They bring in platters of sandwiches and chips and the salesman's wife makes desserts. So we'll have the leftover desserts also from Friday. I sure didn't want to bring those pies home to my house.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:25 PM   #5919
Quacker Stamper

I'm going to go check on Petunia. So far she's just be laying in her litter box although I put a folded up towel in there for her to lay on. She wasn't interested in the canned food either, so I took some of the food from outside and sprinkled it on it so maybe that will entice her to eat.

Off to get my cards finished up. I hope to get them all down by the end of the weekend so they can get in the mail.
Old 12-19-2016, 03:14 AM   #5920

Maggie, poor Petunia.... and her mama! I'm so sorry!

Yes, I have googled cherry fudge, many times. And I've seen the recipes you linked before and now, too. Thank you for doing that for me. Unfortunately they are nothing like the cherry fudge I had in Door County.... nor are any of the recipes I found.

Find Me on Instagram