Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-04-2016, 06:05 PM   #5841
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Waving hello to all!

I did read back on the thread to catch up on anything I missed. It is snowing like a Winter Wonderland here- or a snow globe maybe...... so we did not go to Kankakee today. Mom needs to pick up a few things for her trip this Thursday. She needs a couple of things from her room and will visit my brother

LOL Mom commented that she did not think the snow looks like it is the kind that 'packs', so hubby went out and threw a couple of snowballs at the window, then made up a small snowman for her. It has no mouth....

Off to make a card- I have a couple of Secret Santa gifts for different groups to get ready to mail tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having fun with their decorating and baking and all!
Shelly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:41 PM   #5842
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm. unsubscribed. again!!!

UGH!

Sorry to pout I don't understand why I'm still being unsubscribed to several threads, every day

SHEL! Oh. my. gosh. I want that snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's absolutely magical - I miss it so much. EVEN HAWAII GOT SNOW!! What is up with that!

Be safe out there, everyone.

And hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 12-05-2016, 06:01 AM   #5843
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--Happy Monday! It is so pretty outside as we got about 4 inches of snow and it is a heavy, wet snow, so it is sticking to all of the trees and shrubs.

I have no plans to leave the house today and plan to spend most of the day in my stamp room. I leave for the National high school AD Conference in Nashville early Friday morning and will be gone until the following Wednesday. There are some projects I need to get done and would love to have all of my needed December creations done this week!

Have a great day!

This is the view from the front of our deck:

Old 12-05-2016, 12:43 PM   #5844
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Speaking of crazy, I hope you'll take a look at my new Christmas CraZy thread... a place to chat and/or participate in a rather unique sort of swap.

Maggie, your DD sounds like my kind of gal... I love spaghetti!

oooooooooooo Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

She thanked me for making it and told me it was delicious!
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-05-2016, 12:46 PM   #5845
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning--very quick post as I am heading out for a haircut and some grocery shopping. I am finished decorating and I have posted some pictures on my blog today if anyone wants to check it out!
The tree all look so pretty! I'd love to have a larger tree for my living room one of these days. I have ornaments that I can't put on the smaller one. I have a Charlie Brown tree on my credenza in the dining room and a red tinsel tree on my computer hutch, but so far it doesn't have any ornaments on it. Maybe I'll get some on it before Christmas. I still have a lot of other decorations to put out.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:49 PM   #5846
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

WOOHOO for Friday! My baby girl turns 18 tomorrow!! I can't believe it - she's still like 10 in my eyes! We have weekend of festivities, plus she has a chorus event that she can't get out of it We have to celebrate tonight and Sunday! And happy birthday to your DGD, too, Maggie ♥

Maggie - sounds like a great card making assembly line!

I'm starting to get some of the cyber Monday orders - so Christmas and birthdays are done,done, done!

I did see your photos of Victoria on FB. I bet she had a fun weekend. Thanks, I can't believe she turned 21! They grow up so fast.

I"m still trying to figure out if I need to order anything else. I'm thinking if I need something else I'll get them a gift card.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:49 PM   #5847
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

FYI - today is a busy day (errands, wedding, Christmas parade, packing) and I'm heading to Chicago bright and early tomorrow morning (to go to a women's live audience thing - not really sure what it is, but I'm going at the request of our state Exec) and will travel home on Monday... so you probably won't see me again until Tuesday. Have a GREAT weekend!!!

Safe travels.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:51 PM   #5848
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oh Jeanette - you can't help but travel, can you? Hope you have a safe and enjoyable time, even if you don't know quite what you are going into.

Kelly I hope you have a great weekend and Happy Birthday to your DD

Maggie your dinner menu sounds great - hope it tastes as good as it sounds

Barb I trust you haircut is better than the last one I got - my usual hairdresser was away and the substitute, although experienced did not cut it how I like it....

Not far off heading out to church, then hopefully an afternoon in the studio as I have three birthday cards for next Saturday.... three generations of my family - my Aunt, Brother in law and son in law, and once there were four, with DH's Nana also sharing the day!!

I got a bit burnt yesterday as I was out weeding, and then in the afternoon we had afternoon tea with family - outside, with no shade
Dinner was great and DGD pronounced it "Delicious." They took leftovers and I even had some leftovers for lunch today and tomorrow.

Sorry about the burn. Hope you have some ointment to put on it.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:53 PM   #5849
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Afternoon--Happy Sunday. It is snowing out today--and is very pretty as it is not blowing at all--just gently falling. We are to get a couple of inches during the day. Our party was nice last night and the last guest left at 12:30--so a bit of a late night. Great food, fun conversations, but the Badgers did lose the Big 10 Championship game that we all were watching-so that part was not fun. We have no plans for the rest of the day, just watching football and watching it snow! Have a great rest of the weekend!
YIkes! Hope we have not snow here this year. It's supposed to get down to 32 deg on Friday! I worry about my kitties outside, but they have lots of warm places on the patio where they can cuddle up. They really don't seem to mind it as much as I do.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:55 PM   #5850
Quacker Stamper

We played Bonkers after dinner last night. My DGS loves it, but my DGD won! We joked that the game was going to be my DGS's inheritance because my DD said they don't make it anymore, but today I googled it just to see and actually found a game at Barnes & Noble, so I bought it for my DGS for Christmas. He is really going to be surprised. I always like to get one gift for each person that is not something on their wish list that I think would be fun for them.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:08 AM   #5851
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Maxine, I had to giggle... because apparently I can't stay home, right? It was an interesting experience... not like any I've had before. Did I mention it was a life audience thing for a local TV program? It was... and I was the only Caucasian in the audience... in the entire room, in fact. It was a small venue, seated maybe 70 people. I was put in the very center of the front row. EEK! I had tried sitting in the back corner but they came to me and said, you need to sit up here. I think they were trying to keep an eye on the troublemaker. J/K... it really was an honor, I'm sure.

Shelly and Barb, your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!! But I will say that Hot Sauce and I did not like driving in that wet heavy snow. And what's with this... my entire trip to Chicago, I saw only TWO snowplows. Cars in the ditches over and over again... but the state wasn't working the interstate, which is very unusual for Illinois. But the good news is Hot Sauce and I avoided the ditches.

Kelly, SCS needs to stop treating you that way! (I've been unsubscribed from a few here lately, too).

And Maggie, did I read it happened to you too? That's just wrong. I'm sure your dinner WAS delicious! I sure wish I'd been there.

Well... today is the day! I'm going to the office to put up and decorate the 7' revolving tree... then the decorating will be finished. We now have 38 registered to attend the Christmas Party/Dinner on Saturday - yep, I'm still doing most of the cooking... and getting quite nervous about it. I don't even know how much food it will take to feed that many people. Yikes! The fruit salad is the one that is really stumping me. DH's dad always made fruit salad at Christmas so we've decided that has to be on our Pastor's Dinner menu... but how many fresh (apples, oranges, grapes) and canned (pears, peaches) does one need for 38 people??!?!? Oh... and I need to ask DH if the 38 includes the three of us or if it's really 41? EEK!!!

I'm also putting together the favors this week - making little sour cream containers with chocolate kisses in them.

It's going to be a busy week.

What's everybody else up to???

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 12-06-2016, 06:23 AM   #5852
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Stamping Friends! The snow has not melted so it still is pretty outside. We might get a bit of sun today, but the temps are to remain below 30 all week, so I do not think it will melt.

I had a good day in the stamp room yesterday and plan to be there again today after a few errands this morning. I too hope you have a Terrific Tuesday!
Old 12-06-2016, 01:23 PM   #5853
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning Stamping Friends! The snow has not melted so it still is pretty outside. We might get a bit of sun today, but the temps are to remain below 30 all week, so I do not think it will melt.

I had a good day in the stamp room yesterday and plan to be there again today after a few errands this morning. I too hope you have a Terrific Tuesday!
We're not going to have snow, but it's going to be cold enough to do that on Friday if we had moisture, but the rain will all be gone by then and we'll just be left with freezing temps. Drat!

So, I know you all are not on FB and I posted a photo over there last night of 4 knives, 4 teaspoons, 3 forks, and a serving set. What's wrong with this picture?????? There were only 3 forks that came out of the dishwasher after dinner on Sunday. There were 4 of us that ate. Where is the other fork?????? I have NO idea. It is not anywhere in my kitchen.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:29 PM   #5854
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maxine, I had to giggle... because apparently I can't stay home, right? It was an interesting experience... not like any I've had before. Did I mention it was a life audience thing for a local TV program? It was... and I was the only Caucasian in the audience... in the entire room, in fact. It was a small venue, seated maybe 70 people. I was put in the very center of the front row. EEK! I had tried sitting in the back corner but they came to me and said, you need to sit up here. I think they were trying to keep an eye on the troublemaker. J/K... it really was an honor, I'm sure.

Shelly and Barb, your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!! But I will say that Hot Sauce and I did not like driving in that wet heavy snow. And what's with this... my entire trip to Chicago, I saw only TWO snowplows. Cars in the ditches over and over again... but the state wasn't working the interstate, which is very unusual for Illinois. But the good news is Hot Sauce and I avoided the ditches.

Kelly, SCS needs to stop treating you that way! (I've been unsubscribed from a few here lately, too).

And Maggie, did I read it happened to you too? That's just wrong. I'm sure your dinner WAS delicious! I sure wish I'd been there.

Well... today is the day! I'm going to the office to put up and decorate the 7' revolving tree... then the decorating will be finished. We now have 38 registered to attend the Christmas Party/Dinner on Saturday - yep, I'm still doing most of the cooking... and getting quite nervous about it. I don't even know how much food it will take to feed that many people. Yikes! The fruit salad is the one that is really stumping me. DH's dad always made fruit salad at Christmas so we've decided that has to be on our Pastor's Dinner menu... but how many fresh (apples, oranges, grapes) and canned (pears, peaches) does one need for 38 people??!?!? Oh... and I need to ask DH if the 38 includes the three of us or if it's really 41? EEK!!!

I'm also putting together the favors this week - making little sour cream containers with chocolate kisses in them.

It's going to be a busy week.

What's everybody else up to???

Wow! I think I would have felt just the tiniest bit intimidated by all the "of color" faces around me. What was the subject of the meeting? Did you get to say anything? Glad that you made it there and back without any issues with Hot Sauce.

I would have thought being a pastor's wife, you would know all about cooking for large crowds. I would google a recipe and then double or triple it as you need. Is that Saturday party at your house or the church?? Can't imagine having 38 people in my house.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:54 PM   #5855

Maggie, I didn't get to speak, I was there to observe for our state exec. It was a women's talk show kind of thing, with guests that had a Christian platform. It was interesting.

We already have a menu... it's just figuring out the quantities. We purchased 3 hams - they will be cooked and ready to serve when we pick them up. Baked potatoes are easy to figure - 1 per person. Green beans are pretty easy, too, since I can look at serving sizes on the cans. The only thing I'm really stressing about the quantity is the fresh fruit salad.

And... it's not in my house - the house isn't big enough for that many people. It is at our Associational Office, which is very nice and has a lovely conference room in it with tables and comfy chairs.

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:01 AM   #5856

I had a productive day yesterday! I finished the decorations at the office - which basically was one BIG tree and a nativity set, plus putting electricity to a few other trees. And I made all of the favors for Saturday's party (plus a few extras in case someone shows up who didn't RSVP). I also made part of what's needed for the table centerpieces. Whew! I feel like this might all fall in place yet.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-07-2016, 06:21 AM   #5857
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends!
I did not find a camel this morning, but I was able to wrangle in a penguin for a picture!
I hope you have a great Wednesday!

Old 12-07-2016, 06:23 AM   #5858

I'd be warmer if Smoochy were here (as if Barb cares)... just saying'

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-07-2016, 08:12 AM   #5859
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Wacky Wednesday! (borrowed from our friend Suzy - and yes, it's been WACKY!)

Yesterday I spent a few hours sewing cat tails onto costumes for the upcoming Aristocats ....... absolute. Cuteness!

On the way home, I got a flat tire ............. again! 3rd time this year. Twice in my Jeep, once in the SUV. I'm guessing it is all the construction - since in 20 years I've gotten one, how have I gotten 3 in this year alone!? The AAA YOUNG MAN showed up, super polite and friendly, announced "Oh wow! You look JUST like my grandma!" LOL! I told him "she must be really, REALLY young then ....." Oh we laughed

Jeanette, the party sounds like it is coming along so nicely! You are a busy bee!

Maggie - could the fork have ended up in the trash? If it for sure made it into the dishwasher, then it's there - down in some tiny crevice! We pulled ours from the cabinets and there was a stockpile underneath! Same thing with the washer - but that's another animal

Waving to everyone!
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:42 AM   #5860

Kelly, yes the party is coming along nicely... right now I'm in the lull before the storm. LOL! I'll buy the groceries today; decorate either tomorrow or Saturday morning and cook on Saturday afternoon. Party is Saturday night.

Not good... not. one. bit. good. about your flat tire. UGH!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:25 AM   #5861
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies. I have a couple of errands this morning and then I hope some time in the stamp room to finish up a swap. Yesterday I completed the cards I need to post on my blog for December, so that is set. I do not have many to post this month, so I may need to go back to previous cards to post a few of my favorites!

I am heading out very early tomorrow morning and I am not sure when I will get on SCS while at the conference. I will be home late Wednesday, so if I do not get online, I will see you in a week!

Have a Great One!
Old 12-08-2016, 07:29 AM   #5862

Hi Barb... Bye Barb. You'll be missed while you're gone.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-08-2016, 08:31 AM   #5863
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

22 year ago today - this mama was on her 2nd day of labor with the firstborn daughter who was happy to be where she was apparently - LOL! I can't believe she is 22. TWENTY. TWO. When?!! Time flies! ♥

Waving to everyone as you go about your day today!

Hugs!
Old 12-08-2016, 08:33 AM   #5864

Yikes! That's a long labor (says the woman who never labored more than 13 hours.)

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-08-2016, 10:47 AM   #5865
Mad Swapper

Bye Barb, safe travels in all that snow!!
What is it with Kelly? - flat tires, looking like a grandmother, long labours (I know / remember them), sounds as though she needs a good long holiday!!
We had some wonderfully hot days, and now it's raining again... Good for the gardens 😃.

Waving from Down Under
Old 12-08-2016, 12:44 PM   #5866
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Happy Wacky Wednesday! (borrowed from our friend Suzy - and yes, it's been WACKY!)

Yesterday I spent a few hours sewing cat tails onto costumes for the upcoming Aristocats ....... absolute. Cuteness!

On the way home, I got a flat tire ............. again! 3rd time this year. Twice in my Jeep, once in the SUV. I'm guessing it is all the construction - since in 20 years I've gotten one, how have I gotten 3 in this year alone!? The AAA YOUNG MAN showed up, super polite and friendly, announced "Oh wow! You look JUST like my grandma!" LOL! I told him "she must be really, REALLY young then ....." Oh we laughed

Jeanette, the party sounds like it is coming along so nicely! You are a busy bee!

Maggie - could the fork have ended up in the trash? If it for sure made it into the dishwasher, then it's there - down in some tiny crevice! We pulled ours from the cabinets and there was a stockpile underneath! Same thing with the washer - but that's another animal

Waving to everyone!
O M G! I can't believe that he said you looked like his grandma!!!! Did you clobber him or just laugh?????

I checked the trash twice. Luckily there wasn't much in there and it wasn't all icky. I actually took everything out of the trash bag and put it in another one to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I really don't know for sure if it made it into the dishwasher. I just know it didn't come out and it's not in there anywhere. It's a pretty big dinner fork, so hard to hide it or miss it.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:46 PM   #5867
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

22 year ago today - this mama was on her 2nd day of labor with the firstborn daughter who was happy to be where she was apparently - LOL! I can't believe she is 22. TWENTY. TWO. When?!! Time flies! ♥

Waving to everyone as you go about your day today!

Hugs!
Wow! That was some labor. I can't believe they let you go that long and didn't do a C-section. I know the feeling. My youngest DGC is a senior in HS. No more little ones in our family.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:48 PM   #5868
Quacker Stamper

I know sometimes pieces of silverware get tossed in the trash by accident, although here at the office, we've had someone pilfering knives and forks over some time. There were too many missing for it to be accidental. No, my kitties don't take things, and I think it would be a little hard from them to cart off a big dinner fork. I have looked every day all around my kitchen and dining room, looked through the trash twice and have not been able to find it.

I really thought that maybe one of the kids took it as a joke because during the time that they were at my house, my DGD was talking about my DGS cheating while playing a game and putting game pieces in his pocket. My DD gave me a migraine today, the kind where you see funky light patterns that start small and grow until they leave your area of vision. I haven't had one of those in a really long time and it hurt behind my right eye. I posted that photo of the missing fork on FB, but I didn't call out my DD or anything. I did text her to see if somehow they had accidentally taken it which she quickly replied that they didn't. So today she posted on the FB photo words similar to what I had texted her saying, "I am missing a dinner plate. Did you have the need to take one home one Sunday when you were visiting." then she put a couple of smiley faces. I did NOT think it was very amusing.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #5869
Mad Swapper

Oh Maggie that was not very nice, all round
Old 12-08-2016, 05:13 PM   #5870
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oh Maggie that was not very nice, all round
I deleted it.
Save
Old 12-08-2016, 05:53 PM   #5871
Mad Swapper

I have just received my Verve stamps that I bought on the black Friday sales - love the look of them and can't wait to try them out!! Christmas has just come early
Old 12-09-2016, 03:39 AM   #5872

Woo Hoo for early Christmas, Maxine!

Maggie, your DD was a stinker. I am glad you took matters into your own hands with that delete button.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-09-2016, 09:03 AM   #5873
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

YAY for new stamps, Maxine! Verve stamps are very nice - I can't wait to see what you make with yours ♥

Maggie - ay yi yi! Glad you deleted and moved on - sometimes that is best, but ouch on the migraine!

Hi J! Adorable graphic - I'm choo chooing right behind you! GMTA!

The party - so. much. fun! She loved her cake and gifts and guests - including my BIL who is leaving this weekend permanently for Colorado My husband is going to miss him terribly. He's moving to Westminster - and we'll fly up to see him this summer (late May, early June) The guests didnt' leave til 12:30 am though! I kept saying this is fun and all but go home! LOL! We have work! And school! In like 4 hours!

I'm off to get inky today ........ stamping and coloring for me! WOOT!

Scattering hugs!
Old 12-09-2016, 01:04 PM   #5874
Mad Swapper

OK, so Kelly is colouring, Maggie is working (on f/b , Jeanette is cooking up a storm, Barb is travelling and I have instructions to stamp, and all of us are sort of choo chooing along .... How about Darlene, Kristy, and Kel?? Anybody have any news of them???

Waving to you all from a humid, damp day, but still warm Down Under - we were 27.5 oC/81.5oF yesterday, a bit cooler today
Old 12-09-2016, 08:26 PM   #5875
Mad Swapper

ooops - I was naughty and gardened instead, until it started to rain...........
Old 12-09-2016, 09:20 PM   #5876
Mad Swapper

Ooops - I did not do as I was told - went out and gardened instead, until it rained.....

I thought I had posted this, but when I had to restart the computer it did not show up!! And now I have seen it - wot is my computer doing ???????????????
Old 12-10-2016, 05:56 AM   #5877

LOL! Kelly, I might have said "Good night... just turn the lights off when you go."

Maxine, you naughty girl! (You do know Santa is watching, don't you?) Tee Hee! Oh, today is the cooking day... the only thing I cooked yesterday was three batches of fudge. I also did laundry yesterday - 9 loads. And I made 36 cards, most of them CAS.

Now, I need to cook.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-10-2016, 10:30 AM   #5878
Mad Swapper

Jeanette I am exhausted just reading what you accomplished yesterday... How do you do it?? 36 cards.... CAS or not, that blows my wee mind!!

Waving from Down Under where I will be spending the afternoon preparing for card class on Tuesday.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #5879
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon Everyone. The conference so far as been great. The Gaylord Opryland is stunning this time of year. This is one of the 4 courtyards, full of trees, plants and great decorations. There are 9 acres of indoor gardens and with it being freezing outside, it is great to be indoors!
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:28 PM   #5880
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Dropping in to say hello. I am in Dallas with my Mom, at my brothers house. The flight went well, Mom did well. I will be flying home Tuesday night- getting home midnight-ish....

I will be back ti chatting Wednesday or Thursday. The display on my computer is damaged, and I will have to get a new one..... screen only hopefully.....

Have a great weekend!

Shelly
Kiwime likes this post.