Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #521
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
did the above in advanced, and now can't edit my boo boos!! I 'bought an English' is what I meant to write..........

Good to hear yo are recovering Kristie

Maggie - well done on using Google to your advantage - and showing up the TI!! - I often go to Google to find something out, but had not thought to use it for computer problems!

If you have not seen it, Lynn's use of the gelatos is amazing - two stunning cards! Well done our Lynn .

Kelly I hope your weekend is somewhat less than frantic for you

Shelly - not sure if you are still off work, but enjoy your time if you are - and I know I appreciate the nursing profession

Love your graphic's Barb

Darlene - it was great to see your fun card last night - glad to see you regaining your sense of humour - life must be looking up for you at last.

Jeanette - enjoy your visitor -sons are fun when they come home, as long as they don't boomerang and decide to stay for too long - as mine did. Told him when he got married that he was not to do that again!

Waving to you all and if I have missed somebody it was not intentional.
LOL! That's what the IT guys do when they have an issue that don't know how to fix, so I figured I could do it just as well.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #522
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning, dears!

Sounds like everyone is busy, busy and running to and fro! It was nice to sleep in this morning til 7:30 - heehee! I'll take what I can get!

Shelly, you are TOO KIND!! Your comments make me smile!

I'm heading to Michaels today to help my dd15 get her End of the Year Banquet upper classman gifts in order - we're doing a simple shells in a message bottle with matching photo frames. While I'm there, I'm sure I'm going to accidentally fall into the gelatos aisle, LOL!! I had to look them up on Pinterest for ideas and WOW, the amazing results!

Maggie, congrats to your family with all those graduates! Isn't it a wonderful time
It's nice they were able to combine it and it will make it so much easier for the guests, for sure! I'm sure she must be getting ready to head off to college in the Fall ~ we have to start looking into applications and scholarships this summer, eek!

Have a great day, everyone!
What kind of banquet is that where she has to have gifts for them? Sounds like the gift will be very nice. I'm sure you'll be helping her put those together. LOL! I think I'll have to check out the gelatos also. I haven't seen anything about them although I did check out Lynn's blog and she did a fabulous job with them

She is getting ready for college, but is going to stay home this first year and go to Houston Community College. She is looking for a job though. She's register at HCC, but can't pick her classes until school is done for this semester. Where are you going to be looking?
Old 05-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #523
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
...You know it's been a long week, when you wake up on Saturday morning and you're glad that it's cloudy and rainy so that you can stay indoors and do housework and make cards!

Hehehehe

BTW: I posted too soon about the "drizzle". The skies opened and it's pounding down out there. Off to get dressed and start working on some cards. Hooray for me!
We had a good downpour come through last night. I was hoping for some more but that was all. I'm sure I'll have to water on Monday night. It's hot and sunny today.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:16 AM   #524
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
LOL! That's what the IT guys do when they have an issue that don't know how to fix, so I figured I could do it just as well.
That's why I am so blessed to have teenagers in my house, LOL!! I cannot figure out technology for the most part - when I'm stuck, I'm looking for one of them with a "help!" face!

For all those that are moms, gmas, fur baby mamas, HMD!

DT:  The Project Bin
mschoener likes this post.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:23 AM   #525
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
What kind of banquet is that where she has to have gifts for them? Sounds like the gift will be very nice. I'm sure you'll be helping her put those together. LOL! I think I'll have to check out the gelatos also. I haven't seen anything about them although I did check out Lynn's blog and she did a fabulous job with them

She is getting ready for college, but is going to stay home this first year and go to Houston Community College. She is looking for a job though. She's register at HCC, but can't pick her classes until school is done for this semester. Where are you going to be looking?
Oh Maggie, I went through this with dd19. She had to plan her classes around her work, it's a nightmare some semesters. She jumped in last year after grad by taking summer classes. This summer, she can't (possible job offer) If it falls through, I'll have her all summer ♥

Dd17 is looking at FSU!! She wants to go there SO BADLY. But we have to see if she scholarships enough - we can't afford housing at this point even though her college is 100% paid for (Florida Prepaid plan) She has to apply to several schools, but they must be in Florida in order to use the FPP. I think going locally to the community college is SMART! Like with my dd19, she changed her entire major a year and a half into college She only lost one class so she is very, very lucky. THe rest are all transferrable to the new field of study. YAY!

Okay, Banquet is their end of the year awards banquet. Chorus gives them awards all year long, and ones they have won while away on trips, they are all given that night. I usually go, too, and chat and mingle with my chorus parent friends, lol. They put on a skit. See a slide show. It's tear jerking! And then they exchange gifts - Freshman/Sophomores exchange gifts, and Juniors/Seniors exchange. Dd15 was put in charge of the Freshman ones so we're putting together 27 gift bags with their things inside.

And I didn't get the gelatos! I only saw the HUGE pack at M's and it as $24.99! Even with the 40% coupon, that was expensive My thought is let me try a smaller set first to see if I can even use them, ROFL,rather than invest in a huge pack ~ or shop online and see if I can find them to give it a go!

Enjoy your day, girls!
Old 05-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #526
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly,the pack of Gelatos I found had like 4 in it I think. Not expensive at all! You'll be so busy from now until the end of the school year I'm sure. But fun times. And then comes that wonderful summer! Yea! I'm sure whatever college your daughter goes to she'll excel. So exciting for her!

Maggie, we had a short lived downpour a couple of days ago too. Only got 1/2 inch but better than nothing. At least it watered the garden a little. Hoping for more now......

Hope everyone has a great Mother's Day - or just a great day period!
Old 05-11-2014, 03:18 PM   #527
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

This is heading our way tonight. We have gotten a lot done outside the past two days--15 small trees planted, one large one, some gardens weeded and the grass cut. We do need some rain and there are some storms coming too. I will check in tomorrow morning.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #528
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post

Kristie, glad the rash is clearing now. Is the swelling going down?

Shelly
Yes, the swelling went away by Wednesday night. I am so thankful as that was the part that worried me. I have never had an issue with things swelling before.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:05 PM   #529
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Morning all!! Happy Weekend!!

...And a blessed mother's day to all of you Moms out there!

Kristie: Good to hear that you are recovering from that horrible rash/infection. Take care of yourself, ok?
I am beginning to think I am accident prone! Last night I laid my laptop on my lap and then my hand slipped when trying to open the cover and I cut myself! The cover has a rough spot I never noticed before and it took a little chunk of skin right off the side of my thumb. I had to stamp my MIL's card very carefully last night. Right now I'm trying to keep it covered until it starts to heal.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:18 PM   #530
Insane Embellisher

Happy Mother's Day everyone

My fur kid had me up early and then I went to breakfast with my Mom. We stopped at a few craft stores but I didn't see anything I "needed" - it's always a good day when that happens lol. I took Amber up to my parents after that to run around and my sister, BIL and nephew came over for a bit. My sister was helping my Mom set up her first smartphone that she bought her last night. She has already learned how to text I thought she would hate it but I think she likes it since it's easier than calling sometimes.

I got around to all of your blogs earlier, finally!! I have several cards I need to make this week and then I need to start getting the house back into shape. We still haven't fully unpacked yet and need to go through our Disney Memory Maker pictures to edit some before we download them all. Hope to start posting some trip pictures on my blog and FB in the next few weeks. I want to get all my memories typed up before I forget them!
Old 05-11-2014, 08:48 PM   #531
Mad Swapper

Glad to hear your leg is getting better Kristie - and I hope you thumb follows suite very quickly.

Kelly I don't have teens in the house, but my DS and Son in law are pretty good at sorting us out - even via the phone sometimes

Seems funny to hear you welcoming the rain Maggie and Lynn - we generally have enough all year round where we are, although the last couple of summers have been rather dry.

My Mother's Day was very quiet - my son wrote and recorded on You tube a poem for his wife and I - it was a really fun thing to listen to him reading My daughter rang in the evening, having spent the day being spoilt by her family, and we had a great natter.

Winter feels as though it has really hit today after several still, clear days, we have had what felt like a black frost this morning - it did clear for a bit, but has never really warmed up, although to my surprise I have got the washing dry outside!

I have packed up ready for the class I take tomorrow - hope they like the projects I have prepared - I sort of lost my mojo this past month and have not prepared a new technique at all, which I do try to do most times.....
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:58 AM   #532
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning---Welcome to Monday!!!! We did get a bit of rain last night, but it rained hard all around us. We had some friends came over for supper and they had to stop along the freeway as it was raining so hard they could not see. We are to get more rain today and for the next few days--all of our new trees will be happy!

I hope you all have a great start to the week!
Old 05-12-2014, 08:35 AM   #533
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh Maggie, I went through this with dd19. She had to plan her classes around her work, it's a nightmare some semesters. She jumped in last year after grad by taking summer classes. This summer, she can't (possible job offer) If it falls through, I'll have her all summer ♥

Dd17 is looking at FSU!! She wants to go there SO BADLY. But we have to see if she scholarships enough - we can't afford housing at this point even though her college is 100% paid for (Florida Prepaid plan) She has to apply to several schools, but they must be in Florida in order to use the FPP. I think going locally to the community college is SMART! Like with my dd19, she changed her entire major a year and a half into college She only lost one class so she is very, very lucky. THe rest are all transferrable to the new field of study. YAY!

Okay, Banquet is their end of the year awards banquet. Chorus gives them awards all year long, and ones they have won while away on trips, they are all given that night. I usually go, too, and chat and mingle with my chorus parent friends, lol. They put on a skit. See a slide show. It's tear jerking! And then they exchange gifts - Freshman/Sophomores exchange gifts, and Juniors/Seniors exchange. Dd15 was put in charge of the Freshman ones so we're putting together 27 gift bags with their things inside.

And I didn't get the gelatos! I only saw the HUGE pack at M's and it as $24.99! Even with the 40% coupon, that was expensive My thought is let me try a smaller set first to see if I can even use them, ROFL,rather than invest in a huge pack ~ or shop online and see if I can find them to give it a go!

Enjoy your day, girls!
My DD and SIL have also put money into the Texas Plan for the kids for college, but even so it is expensive and they figure that the first year they are going to be doing basic classes and then she'll figure out where she wants to go to school. Last night I did hear Texas A & M mentioned so maybe that is where she is considering down the road although I hear it is hard to get into that school.

Oh, the banquet and gifts sound like a really fun thing to do. What kind of things go inside and do all the girls contribute something to put in the bag?

Not sure when I'll get to Michael's again or HL. I don't want to invest a lot of $$ into them either, just enough to play around with.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:34 AM   #534
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
I am beginning to think I am accident prone! Last night I laid my laptop on my lap and then my hand slipped when trying to open the cover and I cut myself! The cover has a rough spot I never noticed before and it took a little chunk of skin right off the side of my thumb. I had to stamp my MIL's card very carefully last night. Right now I'm trying to keep it covered until it starts to heal.
Oh no, Kristie! Sorry. I'm glad you were still able to get a card made for your MIL.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #535
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Glad to hear your leg is getting better Kristie - and I hope you thumb follows suite very quickly.

Kelly I don't have teens in the house, but my DS and Son in law are pretty good at sorting us out - even via the phone sometimes

Seems funny to hear you welcoming the rain Maggie and Lynn - we generally have enough all year round where we are, although the last couple of summers have been rather dry.

My Mother's Day was very quiet - my son wrote and recorded on You tube a poem for his wife and I - it was a really fun thing to listen to him reading My daughter rang in the evening, having spent the day being spoilt by her family, and we had a great natter.

Winter feels as though it has really hit today after several still, clear days, we have had what felt like a black frost this morning - it did clear for a bit, but has never really warmed up, although to my surprise I have got the washing dry outside!

I have packed up ready for the class I take tomorrow - hope they like the projects I have prepared - I sort of lost my mojo this past month and have not prepared a new technique at all, which I do try to do most times.....
We have actually been in a drought situation for many years but mostly manage to get by with the rain we get, but about 3 years ago, we had a terrible unusually hot summer with temps above 100 for a lot of days. It killed a lot of trees around the city. That was the year I thought I'd try having a garden which was a disaster and I said - never again. Too much work for very little return. Since then, I've welcomed whatever rain we get and don't complain. We seem to always be needing some now.

Hope your class goes well. I'm sure they will love whatever your do.

How sweet of your son to do a poem for you and his DW.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #536
SCS RAK Coordinator

We got 3 inches of rain in about three hours this afternoon and it just started raining again. There are storms south of us, but more heading our way later tonight.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:45 AM   #537
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

The rain started here last night about midnight. So far there are 4-5 inches around the area. There is flooding all around the city so I'll have to leave for work a little earlier. I was supposed to have lunch with a GF, but I hate to go out when it's raining. I think I'll see about putting it off until Thursday.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:32 AM   #538
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello--Happy Tuesday Morning!

We did get a whole lot of rain yesterday--over 5 inches in three different storms. There was quite a bit of storm damage south of us, but nothing by us. Our house is on a hill and the water was rushing so fast in the ditches that it looked like a river! Our new trees love it, but I have to straighten a couple that have tilted with the saturated ground. More rain today and then Thurs-Fri-Sat too, but they are not forecasting any storms at this time. I get to play in the stamp room today to get a swap done and postal.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:08 AM   #539
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning - rushing through the threads today! I am passing a cyber umbrella to those in need from the rain!

Maggie, I am sad to hear of the possible drought - probably for Lynn, too - right? I forget how far apart you two are It always worries me with the animals and the farm animals - especially if the land owners don't have ponds or enough water troughs. Poor babes
*Wait, I just read back up ........... I see you have rain - lol! Where did I read something about a drought?!

And waving hello to my fellow ROYALTY - Shelly, your Medievil pictures were a hoot! We love that place! But wow, it's pricey! We try to go every other trip to Disney - like stop in, then skip it - it's my son's absolute favorite. My daughter was given the sash from the 'prince' on the horse and keeps it in her room. I'm surprised she doesn't wear it, lol. You were spoiled, girl!

Banquet - let's see ......... they put in little gifts for the upper classman. This year, it's messages in a bottle - they put in sand, shells, little umbrellas (that you find in drinks!), leis ... it's "Time Warp" so our stop for the Sophomores is the South Pacific (also based on the Musical - catchy, eh?!) Thank Goodness for Oriental Trading Co, lol. I bought it all last week and dd15 will have friends over to assemble it all because ..well, I'd really rather not!

Max, I'm sure the poem reading was beautiful! Such a thoughtful man - and a memorable gift! ♥

School ends for my son NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it. The girls get out in 3 weeks - time is a flyin!!!

Hugs!!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #540
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Happy Tuesday- sorry I am quiet- hehehe not my usual.....I have asthmatic bronchitis since last week. Better this AM after the rain- it is tree pollen season here.

I am belated- but hoping everyone had a fab Mother's Day!

We went to 12 noon mass, then I slept all afternoon- was feeling a little under the weather. Then, Ray and Stephi took me to Medieval Times as Kelly mentioned. It was fun. I put the pics up on FB as my son sent me flowers (which I put on FB) and my daughter in China sent me edible arrangement Choc covered strawberries (which I put on FB), and I wanted my youngest to 'not' feel left out......

I worked yesterday, and it zapped out my energy. Feeling a bit better today after the rain washed out the tree pollen from the air, but am coughing again this afternoon- but still way better.......

The kids Gelato's set are- according to the Frugal Crafter- just like the other sets that are more expensive- $10.00 for 12 of them. I hear they are going to take them off of the market...... Problem with being a technique crazed crafter, is you need lots of 'stuff' in your craft room to create like that!

Waving hello to all- will be back later to chat more......

Shelly
Old 05-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #541
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wait .... what?! Gelatos are leaving the market, or they are just hard to find due to popularity? Yikes!

I bet Barb knows where to find them -- she's travels EVERYWHERE and knows EVERYTHING!

How is our Kristi feeling today? You sound like me - always injured, lol. I'm always with a boo-boo somewhere!

Maggie, is your DGD the one that sings? I hope she continues in college. They are always trying to recruit my dd19, who wanted no part of it in high school, to sing now and she just laughs!

I'm nursing a HUGE headache today so it's going to be a quick supper ~ kids are eating chicken strips w/ mashed potatoes & corn. I missed my coffee today so it might be caffeine related? :*(

Hugs all 'round!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #542
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope they are not being taken away. I did a quick search and lots of places have them. Faber-Castell - Gelatos Even order direct from the company and Amazon--they have everything! I saw them at a couple of booths at the stamp/scrap show a few weeks ago.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #543
Insane Embellisher

Hello...

My finger is healing nicely thankfully!

I read it that the kids "gelatos" would be leaving the market, not the Faber Castell ones. Sorry to hear you are sick, Shelly! I get asthmatic bronchitis every other year or so and it takes me weeks to get back to normal.

I hope your headache goes away soon, Kelly!

The rain is supposed to be headed our way. DH got the mowing out of the way tonight after putting it off last week. The patches of grass we do have were starting to look like a jungle.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #544
Proud Fan Club Member

Default I'm Back!

Dropping back in. Cough is back- a brief break was sure nice though! I have been hacking for a week.....

Yes Kristi- I was referring to the kids Gelato sets- I could still find them at Dick Blick's...... Oh I think Gelato's are here to stay for a long time- Fiber Castel has Pitt Pens and more to 'coordinate....

Kristi- glad your legs are improving. I had a little asthma issue in November- but before that it has been YEARS!!! I am a little bummed- taking allergy shots for 3 yrs..... stinks! Sorry about your finger- is it your dominant crafting hand?

Kelly- sorry you have a headache- hope it is resolved quickly! Yeah for you- one less child to run around after for the time being! Is his school going to be closer next year???

Maxine- the poem reading sounds so awesome! What a cool idea : ) I bet your cards are so cool- I did not notice you having no Mojo- your cards on the blog have been great.

Waving hi to everyone else......

Shelly
Old 05-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #545
Mad Swapper

Thankfully class went well yesterday and all present seemed to enjoy the projects. Now it is out to the studio to start on next months orders.

Shelly that cough sounds horrible - I have not had bronchitis for years, thankfully. As an asthmatic it is the last thing I want....

Hope your headache resolves quickly Kelly - I hate them.

Today is drear and damp - I did have the washing outside for a bit, but then had to run and rescue it from the rain, so now it is in the drier - good studio weather!! , so now I am off to hide and craft.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #546
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry I haven't been around lately..........and um.....don't think I could ever catch up on all the chatter - so won't even try! LOL!

I did see where Shelly wasn't feeling up to par and hope you're doing better now. And Kristi has a bum finger - and hope it's healing too.

Mother's Day was nice and quiet around here but my kids called so that was nice. Jim fixed supper - which all I can say, was very interesting. The whole time he kept saying, this is hard work, this is hard work. LOL! After eating (chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and squash) I determined that he'll just have to continue with BBQing and let me do the rest.

Yesterday I had a bunch of stuff to do and then we had a major, mega storm! Ended up with 2 inches of rain which was a blessing. This may be the last we see of it for about 5 months so we were very glad about that! The lightening was unreal - and because of it, lost internet service from last night until about 5:00 this afternoon! They must have gotten a direct hit on the tower or something. So nice living in the country! LOL! Maggie, I was going to e-mail you and tell you it was headed your way but had to shut down my computer too quick. We were on the tail end of the storm and didn't get close to the rain everyone else got but that's normal for here.......At least maybe it filled up some of the cracks in the yard. SO dry!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:14 PM   #547
Mad Swapper

Lynn did you send the thunder storms here - we had a beauty this afternoon - but not much rain, thankfully.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:44 AM   #548
Gabfest Goddess

Hello Addicted Friends!

Many of you are having crazy weather, hope that it settles down and you all stay safe!

Shelly, nurse that cough, bronchitis is awful. You need to rest up!

Kristie, glad to hear that your leg is better, but ouch! Your poor thumb.

Barb, that is A LOT of trees to plant!! The rain must really help them get established.

Lynn, your story of Jim's cooking gave me a chuckle.

Maxine, it sounds like the class was a success (as usual). How is Hubby doing? How thoughtful of your son to compose & read a poem for you and his wife on Mother's Day, that is really special.

Maggie, what do all of your fur babies (inside & out) do when those storms roll through? They must run and hide under/inside something for shelter.

Waving to Nancy & Jeanette!!

Off to work-land. It's about that time. Have a great day everyone!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 05-14-2014, 03:51 AM   #549
Gabfest Goddess

Ooops!!!! How could I forget Kelly?????

Good luck with the banquets & gift prep. I am sure it will be fun! The banquet itself sounds like a grand time, loads of memories to be sure! DS out of school already? Wow, this year is screaming by isn't it?

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 05-14-2014, 05:46 AM   #550
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maybe if Smoochie comes to visit, Jeanette will come and post too?!

Old 05-14-2014, 07:11 AM   #551
Pearl-ExPert

Morning everyone!

Maxine, I really didn't send that storm all the way over there. LOL!
Darlene, good to hear from you and hope everything is going great.
Barb, love the camel!
Old 05-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #552
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning - rushing through the threads today! I am passing a cyber umbrella to those in need from the rain!

Maggie, I am sad to hear of the possible drought - probably for Lynn, too - right? I forget how far apart you two are It always worries me with the animals and the farm animals - especially if the land owners don't have ponds or enough water troughs. Poor babes
*Wait, I just read back up ........... I see you have rain - lol! Where did I read something about a drought?!

And waving hello to my fellow ROYALTY - Shelly, your Medievil pictures were a hoot! We love that place! But wow, it's pricey! We try to go every other trip to Disney - like stop in, then skip it - it's my son's absolute favorite. My daughter was given the sash from the 'prince' on the horse and keeps it in her room. I'm surprised she doesn't wear it, lol. You were spoiled, girl!

Banquet - let's see ......... they put in little gifts for the upper classman. This year, it's messages in a bottle - they put in sand, shells, little umbrellas (that you find in drinks!), leis ... it's "Time Warp" so our stop for the Sophomores is the South Pacific (also based on the Musical - catchy, eh?!) Thank Goodness for Oriental Trading Co, lol. I bought it all last week and dd15 will have friends over to assemble it all because ..well, I'd really rather not!

Max, I'm sure the poem reading was beautiful! Such a thoughtful man - and a memorable gift! ♥

School ends for my son NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it. The girls get out in 3 weeks - time is a flyin!!!

Hugs!!
LOL! Yep, we did have a really bad drought about 3-4 years ago.

Sounds like the banquet is going to be a lot of fun.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #553
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Happy Tuesday- sorry I am quiet- hehehe not my usual.....I have asthmatic bronchitis since last week. Better this AM after the rain- it is tree pollen season here.

I am belated- but hoping everyone had a fab Mother's Day!

We went to 12 noon mass, then I slept all afternoon- was feeling a little under the weather. Then, Ray and Stephi took me to Medieval Times as Kelly mentioned. It was fun. I put the pics up on FB as my son sent me flowers (which I put on FB) and my daughter in China sent me edible arrangement Choc covered strawberries (which I put on FB), and I wanted my youngest to 'not' feel left out......

I worked yesterday, and it zapped out my energy. Feeling a bit better today after the rain washed out the tree pollen from the air, but am coughing again this afternoon- but still way better.......

The kids Gelato's set are- according to the Frugal Crafter- just like the other sets that are more expensive- $10.00 for 12 of them. I hear they are going to take them off of the market...... Problem with being a technique crazed crafter, is you need lots of 'stuff' in your craft room to create like that!

Waving hello to all- will be back later to chat more......

Shelly
Sorry you were sick last week Shelly. I hope you are feeling better by now. Sounds like you you had a great Mother's Day. So nice of all the kids to do something nice for you.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #554
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Wait .... what?! Gelatos are leaving the market, or they are just hard to find due to popularity? Yikes!

I bet Barb knows where to find them -- she's travels EVERYWHERE and knows EVERYTHING!

How is our Kristi feeling today? You sound like me - always injured, lol. I'm always with a boo-boo somewhere!

Maggie, is your DGD the one that sings? I hope she continues in college. They are always trying to recruit my dd19, who wanted no part of it in high school, to sing now and she just laughs!

I'm nursing a HUGE headache today so it's going to be a quick supper ~ kids are eating chicken strips w/ mashed potatoes & corn. I missed my coffee today so it might be caffeine related? :*(

Hugs all 'round!
I have 2 DGD's that sing and are in choirs. The one that I just saw in California in Seussical wants to go into Musical Theater. She has one more year of HS. The other one that lives here graduates HS this year and wants to go into Music Education.

Sorry about the headache. Hope you're feeling better today.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #555
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hello Addicted Friends!

Many of you are having crazy weather, hope that it settles down and you all stay safe!

Shelly, nurse that cough, bronchitis is awful. You need to rest up!

Kristie, glad to hear that your leg is better, but ouch! Your poor thumb.

Barb, that is A LOT of trees to plant!! The rain must really help them get established.

Lynn, your story of Jim's cooking gave me a chuckle.

Maxine, it sounds like the class was a success (as usual). How is Hubby doing? How thoughtful of your son to compose & read a poem for you and his wife on Mother's Day, that is really special.

Maggie, what do all of your fur babies (inside & out) do when those storms roll through? They must run and hide under/inside something for shelter.

Waving to Nancy & Jeanette!!

Off to work-land. It's about that time. Have a great day everyone!
Not sure what the outside kitties do. They run off and hide somewhere except for 1 or 2 of them that will hang out on the patio. Kitties inside don't really notice much of anything outside. Doesn't seem to bother them.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:14 AM   #556
Swapper of the Month March 2013

I'm here! I'm HERE!!!
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Goodness me! I've been gone from SCS for a week - and what a week it has been. DS came sooner than we expected and stayed longer than we expected, too. It was a FANTASTIC visit! And I miss him so much now that he's gone back to his home! We also have had lots and lots of rain and wind - which has knocked out our internet repeatedly. UGH! Hopefully it's back for a while now. And I had a speaking gig this week, so was very busy with that for a while, too.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 05-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #557
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--yes, about a half hour left of morning here. I had a meeting this morning at the high school where I used to teach to decide on the recipients of local scholarships. There were over 75 applicant's packets that had for about a week and narrowed it down to 5--very hard decisions. I also did some grocery shopping and a few things around the house before sitting down to post on SCS. I am heading to the craft room to finish a swap to get postal, do a card kit for a get together at my house on Saturday for 3 other SCS friends as well as a couple of cards for the challenges at Camp Stamp-in-Oga on Saturday. It will be a fun weekend--except for the crappy weather. Temps in the mid 40's today and rain............... Not warmer than 50 some for the next few days--double Yuck!

Have a Terrific Thursday!
Old 05-15-2014, 09:49 AM   #558
Pearl-ExPert

Hey Jeanette, so glad you had a nice visit with your son!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 01:29 PM   #559
Mad Swapper

Yay - great to see you hear Jeanette - we missed you
Old 05-15-2014, 01:52 PM   #560
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Barb, it sounds like you are having a busy - but productive - day!

Thanks Lynn!

Thanks Maxine! I missed all of you, too!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."