Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2016, 07:32 AM   #5521
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Ladies--checking in from Wisconsin...................... As usual, it is good to be home! Maine sure is a great state--so beautiful and we did have wonderful temperatures the entire time. They are also in the middle of a drought and we only had rain one day while we were there. Some of the trees are already changing and I can image how stunning the forests are in a few weeks! We ate lobster a few times and the last night we were out a nice restaurant and they had 2# lobsters on the menu--Rebecca and I each order one and it was huge!!!!! I got on the scale this morning and an so surprised I did not gain any weight in the last two weeks.

We did many things around the house yesterday--inside and out--and I tried to stay up to watch the entire Packer game, but could not make it. They lost.... I have a few errands to run this afternoon and a humane society meeting tonight. I am sure I will have a huge bin or two of mail delivered today, so that will also take some time to go through.

I hope you have a Marvelous Monday!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:33 AM   #5522
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Welcome home, Barb - you were missed! (I didn't have anyone to RAZZ!)

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 09-20-2016, 05:46 AM   #5523
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Tuesday. I have a Christmas Card Stamp Class this morning, a hair cut this afternoon and a stop at Costco after that.

Have a Fantastic Day!
Old 09-20-2016, 07:45 PM   #5524
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, so sorry to read about your mom having medical issues. Hope everything is better now. I know everyone is getting excited about the wedding now.

Barb, we just recently re-joined Costco. I love that place so much - and spend way too much money there too (but it's still good).

Just checking in......All is going the same but we're doing good. No news is always good news. Going to TRY and get a card up on my blog later this week - maybe. I've said that for the last couple of weeks though. Things always seem to get in the way of plans.
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:38 AM   #5525

Barb, I hope you enjoyed the class yesterday - and sat still while the stylist cut your hair.

Lynn, I'll look forward to seeing that card on your blog.... whenever you're ready.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning - in the wee dark hours - to head to Indianapolis for the Revive Our Hearts Conference! I am so excited!!! Nancy Lee DeMoss (who is now Nancy DeMoss Wolgemoth) is my most favorite national Women's Bible Study leader. Woo Hoo!!!

Sooooo... FYI - I won't be on SCS after today - until next Monday.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:20 AM   #5526
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--It is Hump Day! I did have a good day at stamp class--three sets of Christmas cards, and some other errands and grocery shopping. Today is play day--in the stamp room all day!
Old 09-21-2016, 06:43 AM   #5527

Woo Hoo! It's Smoochy! Thanks, Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-21-2016, 11:18 AM   #5528
Mad Swapper

Hi girls,
Waving good bye and safe travels to Jeanette - be blessed.
Thank you Barb for Smoochy, but he's late here, it's Thursday morning here .
Life is chugging along here, and I've had some good card making time as the weather is wet again. I am heading over to Rotorua this afternoon with a friend, which will mean some crafty shopping too.

Better get out of bed as we have a DGS arriving for an hour or so before delivering him to school.
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:09 AM   #5529
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Thursday! It was great to be back in the stamp room and making some cards. I get to be there again today................. YAY!!!!
Old 09-22-2016, 02:38 PM   #5530
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Thursday!

Fall is officially here, and it is almost 90 in Chicagoland today! There are trees which have leaves starting to turn already.......

I scheduled a ton of appt this week to get my medical stuff done after Mom left- PT of course, Primary care to request a neck MRI so when I see 2nd opinion at Loyola in Dec we have a recent one..... Yesterday was cleaning day- got into the craft room, but sorted and cleaned..... I moves alot of misc stuff to the desk that still needs to be put away. Today, Pulmonologist check for my asthma. Tomorrow, Mammogram and dexascan. Weekend off- yeah! Monday- neck MRI, Tuesday hair color and highlight and Wednesday- head to Colorado!!! Yippee!!!

On a sad note, one of our dear friends is at the end of life with Pancreatic cancer- 62 yrs old..... I spent a few hours there today- so sad!!!

Barb- class sounds fun! Jeanette- have a good trip away with many blessings! Lynn- how is the back coming along??? Maggie- love the Caterpillar pic on FB! Maxine- dont spend all of your $$$ in one place!

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Old 09-22-2016, 05:03 PM   #5531
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Barb, I hope you enjoyed the class yesterday - and sat still while the stylist cut your hair.

Lynn, I'll look forward to seeing that card on your blog.... whenever you're ready.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning - in the wee dark hours - to head to Indianapolis for the Revive Our Hearts Conference! I am so excited!!! Nancy Lee DeMoss (who is now Nancy DeMoss Wolgemoth) is my most favorite national Women's Bible Study leader. Woo Hoo!!!

Sooooo... FYI - I won't be on SCS after today - until next Monday.

Hope you have a good trip and safe journey.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 09-22-2016, 05:16 PM   #5532
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Happy Thursday!

Fall is officially here, and it is almost 90 in Chicagoland today! There are trees which have leaves starting to turn already.......

I scheduled a ton of appt this week to get my medical stuff done after Mom left- PT of course, Primary care to request a neck MRI so when I see 2nd opinion at Loyola in Dec we have a recent one..... Yesterday was cleaning day- got into the craft room, but sorted and cleaned..... I moves alot of misc stuff to the desk that still needs to be put away. Today, Pulmonologist check for my asthma. Tomorrow, Mammogram and dexascan. Weekend off- yeah! Monday- neck MRI, Tuesday hair color and highlight and Wednesday- head to Colorado!!! Yippee!!!

On a sad note, one of our dear friends is at the end of life with Pancreatic cancer- 62 yrs old..... I spent a few hours there today- so sad!!!

Barb- class sounds fun! Jeanette- have a good trip away with many blessings! Lynn- how is the back coming along??? Maggie- love the Caterpillar pic on FB! Maxine- dont spend all of your $$$ in one place!

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Doesn't feel like Fall here. Temps in the 90's and the heat index up to 100's!

I had a couple more dr. appts this week. I also made an appointment with my chiro for Monday. I got the results of my MRI on Monday and sent them over to the chiro. When I go on Monday, I'll see what he thinks and what he can do. My ortho gave me a scrip for some meds to relax the nerves to see if that will help with the nerve pain. It's been 3 days, but I haven't seen any improvement yet. I'm giving it to the weekend and then if nothing changes, I'll quit using them.

I got thrown off my walking schedule with the doctor appointments and then yesterday I had to take off the afternoon to be home for AT&T yet again! I'm hoping that this time it is fixed. He
was supposed to change out the receiver in my bedroom. Not sure if he did because it still looks the same. Last night and this morning, it was still acting up, so I did another online chat and scheduled another one to come on Saturday. When I got home tonight, I turned on the TV in the bedroom and it looks like it's working okay. I'll keep checking on it and if it's still working tomorrow, I'll cancel the tech for Saturday.

Sorry about your friend. That's still so young.

I had to get my car inspected this week, so I did that on Tuesday after work and then went online to get it registered. My driver's license is also up next month, so I had to do that too. Glad I could do 2 of those online.

I now have another caterpillar in my inside cage. The first one has made it's chrysalis and then I found another one outside today and put it in there. When I went out to water, I looked at some of my plants and ended up finding 8 more, so now I have 2 pots in the hutch with 4 caterpillars on each one. I'll see how they work out, out there.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:40 AM   #5533
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Friday! I hope you have a fantastic day and a great start to the weekend! Have a good one......................

Sending gentle hugs your way Maggie................
Old 09-23-2016, 04:55 PM   #5534
Quacker Stamper

Ending the week on a HIGH note! Had a call from my doctor's office saying the my cholesterol went down 7 points! That may not sound like a lot, but it was done in 6 weeks, so that's great! He said to just keep on doing what I'm doing now so I don't need to go on any meds for it. Yippee!
Old 09-25-2016, 09:07 AM   #5535
Pearl-ExPert

Morning! Shelly, I guess you're already off to Colorado by now. Know the wedding will be gorgeous.

We're suppose to get our first norther in here today later or tomorrow. Looking forward to that so much. Been way too hot. Oh, in case you don't know what a norther is, it's a cold front. If it's going to be a really cold one, it's a blue norther. Won't be the blue one this time though but still suppose to drop the temps to the 80's and that's nice. It'll get hot again but at least we'll see a couple of cool days.

It finally happened. I just thought the old back had cratered before. It really did this time! Ended up in the Emergency Room yesterday because of the pain. Lumbar strain/herniated disc. Not good. The pain isn't as bad today but still there. UCK! So, I'm residing in the recliner and bed on and off for a couple of days. No fun at all.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:35 AM   #5536
SCS RAK Coordinator

Gentle hugs being sent to Lynn!
Old 09-25-2016, 10:36 AM   #5537
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon Ladies--Happy Sunday! I am checking in while watching the Packer game--I hope it is a good one, just like the awesome Badger game yesterday! It is a beautiful day today and we may go for a hike again after the game. We went for one yesterday at a county park and it was nice, but many parts were muddy from the rain we have had this past two weeks..............

Have a Fantastic rest of the Weekend and a great start to the new week!

PS--I opened a new swap on Friday-a Christmas Card one. Please check out the link in my siggy if you are interested. Thanks!!!!

Last edited by barbaralynn; 09-25-2016 at 10:45 AM..
Old 09-25-2016, 05:38 PM   #5538
Mad Swapper

Hi girls,
Just a quick visit from me - DH is in hospital again (local, thankfully) so I am a busy bunny visiting there and supporting him as he is without his hearing aides.... Never rains but it pours.
Wet weather is still persisting here, but it is a bit warmer.

Sorry to hear about you back Lynn - do you have help for Jim while you are laid up???

Waving frantically as I head out the door - again. 🙋🙋🙋🙋🙋
Old 09-26-2016, 05:25 AM   #5539

Dashing through today (so no time to chat), as we are leaving as soon as Brock gets on the bus. We have an appointment a little over an hour away - to pick up my new car!!!

Oh dear me! So many ailments and such in this group and with friends of this group. Brings me to tears to think of what all of you are going through. Sending lots of gentle hugs and prayers to each of you.

I've been good since I was last here... safe travels and such. The True Woman Cry Out Conference was AMAZING!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-26-2016, 11:45 AM   #5540
Mad Swapper

Ohhhh Jeanette is getting her new car - can we all pretty please have a road trip with you to try it out????

All much the same here - DGD has an abscess under a tooth and is an unhappy and unwell wee girl ( only 6 1/2) . Prayers would be treasured there too.

Waving by as I start spinning for the day.......
Old 09-26-2016, 12:52 PM   #5541
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon Card Making Friends! I am in Wausau as roomie has a meeting here this afternoon. We were going to come up yesterday afternoon and stay with her brother, but decided to stay home get some things down outside and leave around 8 this morning. Bright sunny day--but very windy!

I hope everyone has a marvelous Monday!
Old 09-26-2016, 12:53 PM   #5542
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maxine--thanks for the compliment on my new blog template. I too really like it--a good change!

AND--for commenting so often on my cards. I so appreciate you stopping by!
Old 09-27-2016, 04:50 AM   #5543

Maxine, sure... let's road trip. Hot Sauce is such fun to drive... and the sound system is fantastic, too. I cranked the music on the drive home.

I'm so sorry to hear of DGD's abscess. Sounds awfully painful... I hope she's better soon!

Barb, I hope you had a good day out of town!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-27-2016, 04:51 AM   #5544

Here's Hot Sauce (isn't she pretty?)...

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:14 AM   #5545
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! Happy, Happy Tuesday!

She is a cutie Jeanette--so happy you got a red one!
Old 09-27-2016, 09:10 PM   #5546
Mad Swapper

Arghhhhhhhhh - had along post all typed up and Chrome decided to shut down and blew everything.

Of course the car is red Barb - red cars go faster!!!

Love your name for the car Jeanette - it looks wonderful, and great to have a good stereo system

Shelly I hope the wedding has all gone off smoothly and your Mum was able to enjoy herself, despite the health issues.

DH came home today - still fragile and a way to go before he is fully recovered - they had someone else in his bed within 45 minutes of his vacating it, they are so busy up in the local hospital - he had to wait in the lounge as I had a hair appointment and did not get up there until this afternoon.... DGD is well on the mend now, and is a much happier camper, as is her brother who had a nasty infection on one hand at the same time. It was quite the start to the week!!

Waving to you al from down under, where my tulips are blooming and looking stunning!!
Old 09-28-2016, 05:57 AM   #5547

Barb, my Tuesday was happy... waiting to see how Wednesday will be. IF you share Smoochy this morning, it will likely be a happy day, too! Thanks! I love Hot Sauce!

Maxine, I'm glad DH is home and the wee ones are on the mend, too. You've sure had some stresses in your family this week. Oh yes... the red car can go fast... I'll try to keep an eye on her.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-28-2016, 06:40 AM   #5548
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--yes, it is a Hump Day Wednesday!

I am going to be able to spend the day in the stamp room today--All Day! It is another rainy day here and sure feels like fall. I think we have had more than 6 or 7 inches of rain the last few weeks, so things are very, very green and a bit wet.

I hope you have a Happy Hump Day!
Old 09-28-2016, 06:43 AM   #5549

YAY!!! It's Smoochy! (My day just got "happy")

Enjoy your rainy day in the stamp room, Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-28-2016, 11:55 AM   #5550
Mad Swapper

It's going to be wet here today too, and this morning I have DGD making a card with me.... She has been busting to get into Mama's studio and work with me, and now she wants to make a proper card for her cousin.....
barbaralynn, mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:44 PM   #5551

How fun, Maxine! I'm sure you two creative ones had fun together!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-28-2016, 06:28 PM   #5552
Mad Swapper

Here is the resultant card - DGD stamped the flowers and coloured them, helped stamp the sentiment, and was fascinated by the embossing process, then coloured it. Helped with the cuttlebug to cut and emboss the panel, and chose the butterflies....The details are on my blog is you want them
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:30 AM   #5553

Oh my goodness, Maxine... your DGD takes after you... making FABULOUS cards. I am in awe!

Today is mountain climbing day - how we can accumulate such a mountain of laundry every week to ten days is beyond my imagination. :roll eyes: I need to get it completed and pack my bag today, too, because early tomorrow morning Hot Sauce and I have a road trip - we're going to be gone for a couple of days to our state's Children's Mission Celebration where I'll help with about 100+ children and also teach a break out to the leaders.

So, unless I pop in again later today, I will see you again on Monday! Have a FABULOUS weekend!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-29-2016, 11:08 AM   #5554
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Morning! Shelly, I guess you're already off to Colorado by now. Know the wedding will be gorgeous.

We're suppose to get our first norther in here today later or tomorrow. Looking forward to that so much. Been way too hot. Oh, in case you don't know what a norther is, it's a cold front. If it's going to be a really cold one, it's a blue norther. Won't be the blue one this time though but still suppose to drop the temps to the 80's and that's nice. It'll get hot again but at least we'll see a couple of cool days.

It finally happened. I just thought the old back had cratered before. It really did this time! Ended up in the Emergency Room yesterday because of the pain. Lumbar strain/herniated disc. Not good. The pain isn't as bad today but still there. UCK! So, I'm residing in the recliner and bed on and off for a couple of days. No fun at all.
We finally got some cooler weather this morning. It felt good when I went out with low humidity, but I'm not really ready yet for the COLD. Hope to enjoy Fall for awhile.

Sorry about your back Lynn. Do you put heat and ice on it? I'm still dealing with the pain in my fingers. I went to my chiropractor on Monday. He said that the MRI is not that bad. He believes that the pain is caused more by inflamation around that vertabra and not so much that it's being pinched. He did something with lazers on my neck and worked on my arm and hand and said to take some Ibuprofen (prescription dosage) and see if that helps. So far no, but the other meds that the ortho gave me didn't do anything either.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:09 AM   #5555
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi girls,
Just a quick visit from me - DH is in hospital again (local, thankfully) so I am a busy bunny visiting there and supporting him as he is without his hearing aides.... Never rains but it pours.
Wet weather is still persisting here, but it is a bit warmer.

Sorry to hear about you back Lynn - do you have help for Jim while you are laid up???

Waving frantically as I head out the door - again. 🙋🙋🙋🙋🙋
Sorry that DH is in the hospital again. How long does he expect to have to be there?
Old 09-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #5556
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Ohhhh Jeanette is getting her new car - can we all pretty please have a road trip with you to try it out????

All much the same here - DGD has an abscess under a tooth and is an unhappy and unwell wee girl ( only 6 1/2) . Prayers would be treasured there too.

Waving by as I start spinning for the day.......
Poor baby. Sending up prayers that she is feeling better. Did they give her some meds for that?
Old 09-29-2016, 11:13 AM   #5557
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Here's Hot Sauce (isn't she pretty?)...

Beautiful color. It looks like it has a hint of pink to it.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:14 AM   #5558
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Arghhhhhhhhh - had along post all typed up and Chrome decided to shut down and blew everything.

Of course the car is red Barb - red cars go faster!!!

Love your name for the car Jeanette - it looks wonderful, and great to have a good stereo system

Shelly I hope the wedding has all gone off smoothly and your Mum was able to enjoy herself, despite the health issues.

DH came home today - still fragile and a way to go before he is fully recovered - they had someone else in his bed within 45 minutes of his vacating it, they are so busy up in the local hospital - he had to wait in the lounge as I had a hair appointment and did not get up there until this afternoon.... DGD is well on the mend now, and is a much happier camper, as is her brother who had a nasty infection on one hand at the same time. It was quite the start to the week!!

Waving to you al from down under, where my tulips are blooming and looking stunning!!
Glad to hear that everyone is mending now. I so love tulips. I wish they would grow here.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:17 AM   #5559
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Here is the resultant card - DGD stamped the flowers and coloured them, helped stamp the sentiment, and was fascinated by the embossing process, then coloured it. Helped with the cuttlebug to cut and emboss the panel, and chose the butterflies....The details are on my blog is you want them
Beautiful~!
Old 09-29-2016, 11:19 AM   #5560
Quacker Stamper

I have had a crazy busy week. Boss has been keeping me going here at the office with all sorts of things that he's working on. Then my caterpillars have just exploded again! For the last 3 weeks I haven't had but 2 that I put in my inside cage. One chysalis has darkened so I know that one is getting ready to hatch. The other one just formed yesterday so it'll be at least 2 weeks before that one is ready. Saturday morning I was going through all my plants in the garden and it seems that over night I now have an overabundance of caterpillars!!!!!!! Don't know where they all came from because I keep checking my plants. I found about 30-40 in my garden and I knew I didn't have enough milkweed for them so I went over to the nursery and bought a bunch. Problem with them is that they are really to tall for my hutch and I had to cut the tops off of them so they would fit which they did barely. They also came with a bunch of their own caterpillars so I ended up with probably at least 50 in the hutch. By Monday night they had stripped those plants and a couple smaller ones that I had stuck in there too. I wanted to keep some of the ones I had for my garden, so I left work 30 minutes early and went to the nursery again and got 6 more of the tall plants along with another bunch of caterpillars that were on them. I still had to cut tops off, but I was desperate. I actually went to the other nursery that I don't like, but the few plants they had were too small. My caterpillars would have stripped them in 1/2 a day. Trying to figure out what to do. I haven't seen any wasps around for awhile, so I'm thinking that they might be gone now that the weather is cooling off a bit. I talked to my sister last night to see if she had space for any caterpillars in her hutch, but she didn't. When I first started I made a small butterfly cage using a large pot, a tomato cage, and some tulle. So last night I went out after going to visit a friend and fixed one up. I had to work by the outside security light and my flashlight. I got one done and put a bunch of caterpillars in that one. Then this morning I got right up at 5:30 and went outside and fixed up 2 more with a bunch more caterpillars. Then I took some of my small plants and transferred caterpillars to them and put them in the hutch. I know that I still have some in the garden and I may leave them there or make arrangements to get them to the MIL of one of my nieces. My sis texted me this morning that the MIL has some milkweed but no caterpillars so I may see on Saturday if I still have a bunch and give them to her to raise.

Sorry for that long winded detail of all that is going on with my winged babies.