Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-26-2016, 05:24 PM   #5441
Quacker Stamper

I've been having issues with my U-Verse TB service. My wireless keeps going out (dropping the signal). I called a week ago and the guy told me he fixed it and he was going to do something so it wouldn't happen again. Then it started doing that every morning several times and then it would do it in the evening also. I called again last night and he said that they determined that the modem was bad, so they are sending me a new one. Luckily, I don't have anything important on my Gateway cause that will all disappear when I make the change.

I've really had a busy work both at work and at home. I've had to be out every night this week until tonight. I've been putting notebooks together at work for an arbitration my boss is conducting next week. It starts next Thursday and goes 2 days, then 4 days the next week, and 2 days the following week. Too bad that we don't feed them lunch.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-29-2016, 04:15 AM   #5442
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!
The Ranger is back.

We had a FABULOUS vacation!

Since I'm so far behind, I'm not going to read the thread and catch up - I'm just jumping in right here - so if I've missed anything important, can someone please let me know? Thanks!

Well.... big news here is instead of "doctoring" my computer, we bought a new one - my first Apple computer (though I've been using an iPhone and iPad for a number of years now). Yikes! What a learning curve I'm on.... I can't find anything. Seriously. It took me about 15 minutes even to find where to log onto the internet the first time. Then there's the issues of remembering ALL of my many passwords (SCS, Pinterest, Facebook, etc) so I can log in to sites that my other computer went to automatically with my "saved" password information. And so many other things are still lost to me... including over half of my digital images/pictures. Taking. one. baby. step. at. a. time.

Today, along with baby steps, I'm also going to be climbing Mount Laundry (as soon as my two guys are awake).

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:31 AM   #5443
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Ladies! I had a great time in Northern Wisconsin the past four days. I stayed in a cute little cabin on a chain of lakes with two friends and roomie came up Thursday night after work. No TV, so we spent time around the fire pit, playing cards and games, taking pontoon boat rides or just enjoying the scenery. We went into town only once and stopped at a estate sale, called the Flower Lady. Cute little place and some interesting items. I bought a set of old glass storage containers--they are square and have a lid. I got 10 and they range from 2-8" tall and I plan to use them in my craft room to store buttons, ribbons, things like that for a colorful display.

I am doing loads of laundry today and need to cut the very, very long grass. We have had a lot of rain the past week, after being very dry the past month or more. So, now the grass is growing very fast. We leave Saturday morning for a two week vacation in Maine and I had not planned to have anyone mow while we are gone--I might need to recruit someone........................... Plus, a trip to the grocery store too!

Have a Marvelous Monday!
Old 08-29-2016, 05:55 PM   #5444
Quacker Stamper

I went to my doctor's appointment to get the results of my EMG and see what the next step was. My appt. was for 11:15 and I finally saw the doctor about 12:05!!!!! So frustrated with that. I've never had to wait that long before. Almost left, but then I would have to go back another time so I just stayed and waited. So, it seems that I do have a pinched nerve in my neck even though I don't have any pain in my neck - it's down in my fingers and hand. He ordered an MRI on my neck to see exactly where the issue is and then he suggested a steroid shot in that place which should open up the area to give the nerves some room and help the pain to stop. I'm not sure how long this would last and how often I'd have to get these shots or if there is some other answer. Besides the MRI, he is referring me to the Pain Management group so they will take over and deal with this.

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:24 PM   #5445

Welcome home from a fantastic trip, Barb!

Maggie, I'm sorry about your wait at the doctor's office... and about the need for shots/treatments.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:40 PM   #5446
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Welcome back world travelers! Glad you both had a great time.

So sorry about your pinched nerve Maggie. It makes since that the pain is in the arm that it is coming from the neck.

I have been hanging out with my Mom and trying to keep her occupied. We went to a stamping flea mart on Saturday. We both bought a few things. I found some Asian stamps pretty inexpensive, and a few other things. I stamped out all of the images and they are waiting for some coloring.

we went to see Katie's apartment in Chicago, then went to eat Peruvian food yesterday. It was quite tasty too. Katies place was nice- her roommate has a dog which is really cute.

Tomorrow, we are headed to Kankakee after my piano lesson for a visit to Social Security for Mom. My brother manages all of that, so will meet him, then head back home tomorrow night. I have a doc appt early AM Wed., then Mom has PT, then a Pain doc appt in the afternoon.

We are watching Charlie Brown tonight- putting a smile on all of our faces!!! LOL

Hugs
Shelly
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:44 PM   #5447

Shelly, sounds like you and mom are doing a lot of coming/going.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-30-2016, 04:35 AM   #5448

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-30-2016, 06:26 AM   #5449
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I DID get all of the "chores" done yesterday---YAY! I have an eye appointment this morning and then I plan to get inky. Sounds like a Terrific Tuesday for me!
Old 08-30-2016, 06:27 AM   #5450

Barb, your day DOES sound pretty terrific! Mine will be filled with cleaning house and washing bedding. I also plan to make a card.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-30-2016, 12:35 PM   #5451
Mad Swapper

Hi girls, I am still here. Had a trip to the base hospital (again) on Monday for a scan for DH. Got there early and actually got 'in' to the appointment early
Old 08-30-2016, 12:40 PM   #5452
Mad Swapper

Arghhhh, writing on the phone and hit the wrong thing and it published on me mid post..... 😀.
The rest of the day was super busy so really didn't do much yesterday, apart from finish a good book.
Coffee with my neighbour this morning, then better get a card done for my DIL for Saturday. I have got her a gift card from a garden centre as she is a keen gardener with a new section to create gardens in.

Better get out of bed and get going

Waving to you all from Down Under
Old 08-30-2016, 05:58 PM   #5453

Maxine, I'd been missing you and wondering what was up. Thanks for the update. (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-31-2016, 04:32 AM   #5454

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-31-2016, 07:02 AM   #5455
Gabfest Goddess

Morning all!

Maggie - sorry to hear of your continued pain, but maybe they are circling in on how to address it and get you some relief?! It makes me crazy to wait so long for an appointment. Plus they will cancel you if you are 10 or 15 minutes late...

Welcome back Barb & Jeanette! Sure sounds like you had good trips.

Shelly - Remember when the Charlie Brown cartoon movies were new? I do - always a big hit at my house growing up! Sounds like you're having a good time with your Mom & Katie too.

Maxine, I'm out of touch here (again) but hope that all is well with you and your family members. {{hugs}}

Waving to everyone. Guess I should get back to work now...

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 08-31-2016, 07:06 AM   #5456
SCS RAK Coordinator

It is a Hump Day Wednesday! I did not get inky yesterday as my eyes were dilated for about 4 hours after my appointment! However, I do plan to get to my stamp room this morning. Have a Fantastic Day!
Old 08-31-2016, 07:07 AM   #5457
SCS RAK Coordinator

Cute Elephant on Hump Day Jeanette!
Old 08-31-2016, 02:29 PM   #5458
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Morning all!

Maggie - sorry to hear of your continued pain, but maybe they are circling in on how to address it and get you some relief?! It makes me crazy to wait so long for an appointment. Plus they will cancel you if you are 10 or 15 minutes late...

Welcome back Barb & Jeanette! Sure sounds like you had good trips.

Shelly - Remember when the Charlie Brown cartoon movies were new? I do - always a big hit at my house growing up! Sounds like you're having a good time with your Mom & Katie too.

Maxine, I'm out of touch here (again) but hope that all is well with you and your family members. {{hugs}}

Waving to everyone. Guess I should get back to work now...
Good to hear from you Darlene. Yes, I'm hoping that this will be the start of getting some of my pains addressed. Not only can I tell them about the pain in my hand, but also my hip bursities, deltoid bursitis and the low back pains. Maybe they'll have some suggestions for relief.

I still love Charlie Brown cartoons even though I've seen them a bunch of times.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:32 PM   #5459
Quacker Stamper

I've been having issues with my U-Verse TV which is very upsetting to me, because as long as I've had it, I've always been really happy with it, but lately it is not so good. I've been losing my signal numerous times in the morning and sometimes in the evening too. I've talked to them twice and the last time they said it was my Modem, so they sent me a new one which I installed myself last nighit. Had a little issue getting my Internet back up, but then I realized that I had a new ID # and new Password, so once I entered those, I was good. Then about 1/2 hour later, I lost the signal again and then it happened about 4 times this morning. Guess I'll be on the phone with them again tonight to see what is the next thing. I'm getting really frustrated and annoyed and almost to the point to cancelling it and going with XFinity, but that is a last resort.
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:32 PM   #5460
Quacker Stamper

I'm still on the lookout for a cleaning person. I texted the lady that I used the last time about coming on the 27th, but never heard from her so I guess she's not interested in my house.

I also talked to my yard man the other day about getting my planting done. I was also a little upset that the sticks and parts of branches weren't picked up the last time he mowed. Turns out he didn't do the mowing, his boys did. He was in the hospital for 5 days with a kidney problem. He said he would come do the planting and had driven by my house and noticed that the bushes out front needed to be trimmed also. His boys don't ever do any extra work when they mow. I should have known that it wasn't him that had come.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:42 PM   #5461
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy afternoon!

Back from the LONG commute for today - grateful for the day off yesterday for a teacher's workday! My daughter had a lab appt which ended DISASTEROUSLY and I treated her lunch at Olive Garden and pampering her at the salon with a hair cut and styled. She looks super cute - cutting off 8" of hair which I did not want but I kept quiet

Now we are watching the weather AGAIN as I heard Florida was bracing for a state of emergency for the storms heading this weekend - wahhhhh?!
We are having a big birthday party for little man and gearing up for a total of 16 confirmed (several still pending) boys for the party and sleepover. Holy Hanna not enough Starbucks to keep me sane for that!! LOL!

Speaking of Starbucks, it's double points day for reward card holders! Woohoo! Got mine this morning ♥ And dd just grabbed her Vanilla Bean frap on the way home from school.

Aw, maxine - I hope all is well. I'm sure going to the hospital is never a good trip

Mag - OMGosh, we too are having HUGE issues with our internet. It keeps going out. We thought it was the weather, but it's spotty and then the tv goes in an out, all pixely. We've called and called. It's always the same excuse 'it will be up by such and such time!" and never is. We have them coming out Saturday to either run new cables or at least give us a diagnosis IRL - no more sending signals via the box and trouble shooting from far away. We are blessed with the advancement of technology yet at the same time, it's a curse!

Waving to everyone!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 09-01-2016, 05:03 AM   #5462

YAY! Smoochy made an appearance yesterday!

Darlene, it's so good to see you post. (((HUGE Hugs)))

Barb, sorry about the long-term effects of the eye dilation. All better now, I'm assuming.

Maggie, that stinks about the internet! and cleaning and lawn mowing stuff too. Ugh!

Kelly, oh my goodness... that's a lot of boys for a sleepover. Rush! Do not slow down. Get to Starbucks and start preparing for the invasion of boys! (Seriously, I know you will handle the onslaught beautifully - and you'll be right in the middle of all the fun they will be having.)

Today I will be canning tomatoes - all. day. long. My DH brought me way too many tomatoes. Didn't he know I'd rather get inky???

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:36 AM   #5463
Gabfest Goddess

Morning everyone!

Kelly, I've been monitoring the forecasts for the storm down your way (part of my job) and ICK! I sure do hope that all goes well with your guy's planned sleepover.

Also been looking at Hawaii - they are just not geared up to handle a Hurricane. Could be really bad...

Jeanette: "all. day. long." that got me chuckling in sympathy. What a job!

Hugs & Prayers for everyone.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:25 AM   #5464

yep, Darlene... all day. And I had been hoping for some ink time today, since DH and Brock are going to be gone this evening. But the fruits of my labor will be worth it, especially when I see the smile on my DS's face when I share with him. (He took nearly two dozen jars of homemade tomato juice home with him the last time he visited.)

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-01-2016, 06:32 AM   #5465
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Thursday! I did get inky yesterday and finished a swap that I can mail today, along with a DT card. I think I am caught up for the time we will be gone. We are also all packed, except for a few things to add Saturday morning. We are going to a local state park tonight to watch a summer stage production of The Odd Couple--should be a hoot! Tomorrow night our friends who are traveling with us to Maine are staying overnight here as we need to leave for the airport at 4:00 am.

Have a Fantastic Day--Happy Back to School Day in Wisconsin.................. from a retired teacher!
Old 09-01-2016, 06:59 AM   #5466

Barb, it sure sounds like you know how to pack a lot of fun into retirement!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-01-2016, 09:31 AM   #5467
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Good Morning to you : )

My Mother is singing, "Good Morning to You", so my husband googled it so we could hear the song and it is a rap version...... it was quite funny..... She has a beautiful voice and our conversations, on occasion, break into song....

Mom and I are both in Physical Therapy, so we are spending our free time doing our stretches and going to doc appts. She will be heading out to my sisters home on the 16th- it will be sad for her to be gone! I feel like I am neglecting her to go stamp, so have not been stamping much, but today am going to try to get creative.

Waving hello to Darlene. Yes, we are also watching the weather and the hurricane. Praying for safety to all in its path!

Oh Kelly, so glad Starbucks is in your path to break up those trips you take!
Barb- Maine sounds fantastic- I loved our trip there- the scenery was just beautiful! And, the lobster was amazing : ) Your play in the park sounds fun- we just went to Shakespeare in the park- the 12th night. It was fun to sit outside and enjoy the play. I should have read up on the play first- it was a little confusing- and a bit hard to follow. One of my friends looked it up on Wikipedia and then it made more sense.

Jeanette- so glad you got out from the mound of laundry- mine just keeps accumulating here : )

Maxine- stay warm and hope Hubby's test turns out well

Waving hello to everyone : )

Shelly
Old 09-01-2016, 02:01 PM   #5468
Mad Swapper

Please pray for NZ - we are really rocking this morning with a huge 7.1 earthquake off the East Cape at 4:00 a.m. and almost constant aftershocks over on the east of the North Is. since, we have not felt anything here, but....
Old 09-01-2016, 04:24 PM   #5469
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Happy afternoon!

Back from the LONG commute for today - grateful for the day off yesterday for a teacher's workday! My daughter had a lab appt which ended DISASTEROUSLY and I treated her lunch at Olive Garden and pampering her at the salon with a hair cut and styled. She looks super cute - cutting off 8" of hair which I did not want but I kept quiet

Now we are watching the weather AGAIN as I heard Florida was bracing for a state of emergency for the storms heading this weekend - wahhhhh?!
We are having a big birthday party for little man and gearing up for a total of 16 confirmed (several still pending) boys for the party and sleepover. Holy Hanna not enough Starbucks to keep me sane for that!! LOL!

Speaking of Starbucks, it's double points day for reward card holders! Woohoo! Got mine this morning ♥ And dd just grabbed her Vanilla Bean frap on the way home from school.

Aw, maxine - I hope all is well. I'm sure going to the hospital is never a good trip

Mag - OMGosh, we too are having HUGE issues with our internet. It keeps going out. We thought it was the weather, but it's spotty and then the tv goes in an out, all pixely. We've called and called. It's always the same excuse 'it will be up by such and such time!" and never is. We have them coming out Saturday to either run new cables or at least give us a diagnosis IRL - no more sending signals via the box and trouble shooting from far away. We are blessed with the advancement of technology yet at the same time, it's a curse!

Waving to everyone!
Hope the rain isn't too bad for you down there Kelly. You are on the wet side though aren't you? We're not supposed to get much in the next few days. A lot of our guys from church are heading over to Baton Rouge to help with the clean up. They'll come back on Sunday. Hope they don't get any more rain.

Knock on wood, but I didn't lose my U=Verse this morning. Hopefully it's finally working the way it's supposed to.

That's funny that you guys went to Olive Garden too. Hope your DD is doing okay today.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:27 PM   #5470
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Please pray for NZ - we are really rocking this morning with a huge 7.1 earthquake off the East Cape at 4:00 a.m. and almost constant aftershocks over on the east of the North Is. since, we have not felt anything here, but....
So sorry for NZ Maxine. I'm glad to hear that you guys are okay though. I hope it stays that way. Prayers for those who are affected.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:28 PM   #5471
Quacker Stamper

It 's been a challenge at work since yesterday afternoon. We lost access to our Outlook so no e-mails going out or coming in. Lucky we have Outlook Web Access, so we were able to get on there this morning to get emails coming in. I lost my boss's calendar though until this afternoon when I was finally able to access our Outlook but still not getting emails there, still having to use Web Access. The IT guys have been working with Microsoft around the clock trying to figure out what happened and how to fix it.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:38 AM   #5472

Shelly, I'm sure you are enjoying the sing-alongs with Mom and just hanging out with her... creating priceless memories!

Maxine, Yikes! That is some major rocking going on in NZ! I was so busy yesterday that I didn't see/hear the news. I hope you're doing okay!

Maggie, too bad about the challenges at work... hope they get it fixed soon!

I had a busy day yesterday - canned 3 batches of tomatoes (38 quarts of tomato juice). Whew! I was worn out after all that but did manage to make one card at the end of the day - not a good card, but a card.

Today we are going to St. Louis to take my car in for its oil change. That means there's a Starbucks in my day. Truthfully, I don't usually go on these trips, but DH is wanting to see what's on the car lot, so I thought I should go "help".

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-02-2016, 06:23 AM   #5473
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--It is Friday and Pooh says/dances it all! This will probably be the last post until we get back from Maine in two weeks. I "think" I am ready..................... I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!!!
Old 09-02-2016, 12:20 PM   #5474
Pearl-ExPert

Just popping in to wave hi! I tried to read back and see how everyone was doing, but it sounds like about normal (hopefully!).

Shelly, I think you, your mom, Maggie, and I all need to go to PT together! LOL! The back is still crazy acting from one day to the next - and now the neck too. Geeze! What a mess we all are. Maybe we just need to open up an old age home......we'll call it Happy Stampers Haven.

I've been trying to make a few cards but just haven't accomplished too much. I have done a ton of bookmarks though! My daughter was named principal of one of the elem. schools in Lubbock in January and she has a box in her office that the kids can either pick a bookmark or pencil when they do something "good" in the hall......like helping another child, etc. She said the bookmarks go like wild fire so I've been making those for her to re-stock the box.

Maxine, so sad about the earth quake in NZ. I'm glad you're safe and sound though. Hope your husbands test come out ok

Kelly, looks like that hurricane missed you pretty much so know you were glad about that....besides that, you don't have time to be messing with something like a hurricane either. LOL! Always so busy.

Jeanette, don't know if you're here or there this week, but waving hi anyway.

Darlene, so nice to see you've popped in too. How are things going with the exercise.

Barb, you're like Jeanette and Kelly - always busy and always going - which is fantastic!

Kel - I just discovered Pretty Cute Stamps and after ordering a couple of sets noticed you were on the DT there. They have some cute ones and the ones I got were on sale too!

Waving Hi to everyone else. I'll be back..................
Old 09-02-2016, 07:39 PM   #5475

Hi Friends...

FYI - We are going out-of-state in the morning (a dear friend's father died and we are going to give loving support). I'll be back Tuesday. Have a good and safe Labor Day Weekend!

Barb has left us - again!

Lynn, so good to see you! And how nice the you've made bookmarks for your DD's school children!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-05-2016, 07:10 AM   #5476
Quacker Stamper

Good morning!

Well, what a weekend! I had AT&T U-Verse here for 3 hours on Saturday to see what was going on with the multiple dropped signals that have been happening for several weeks. When they left, they thought that it was fixed, but turned out was NOT all fixed on Saturday. After they left I found that 2 of my receivers were not connected so those 2 TV's were not working at all. Called Tech Support and I was on the phone with them for about 3 hours. I lost connection with them once and had to recall them and then got a higher up supervisor who was also not able to connect them from the office so they are sending another tech this morning (between 8:30 and 12:30).

Sunday started out okay. The kids were coming for dinner. As I was starting to get dinner ready about 4, the power went out!!!!! I hate when that happens. At least I had not started cooking yet. CenterPoint said it would be back on before 8:54. They were already on there way here, so when they got here, we went out to dinner. After dinner we came back here and played a game of Kerplunk and then had cake and ice cream (well the Grands did. My DD and I were stuffed still from Red Robin). My SIL didn't come. He's working a different shift now and works from home at night. His schedule is Sunday through Thursday. Since I had started cutting veggies for the Pasta with Summer Veggies, I got it all together and gave to my DD to take home to cook up. My vegan DGD had texted me to find out what I was cooking, and she said it sounded good. Poor thing, she has a chest/head cold and is kind of miserable, but held up pretty good yesterday.

Waiting for SIL to come by this morning to pick up an office chair that I bought a while back and it turned out to be too big for me and not comfortable. I was going to put it in a garage sale, but told him that he could have it since he's now working from home and they needed to set up some office space for him.

I also need to repot some small milkweed plants that I bought into gallon pots. The weather says we should have storms early afternoon through evening. My GF and I were considering going to the movies today, but that might not work out.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:11 AM   #5477
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Hi Friends...

FYI - We are going out-of-state in the morning (a dear friend's father died and we are going to give loving support). I'll be back Tuesday. Have a good and safe Labor Day Weekend!

Barb has left us - again!

Lynn, so good to see you! And how nice the you've made bookmarks for your DD's school children!
So sorry for their loss. Sweet of you guys to go give support. Have a safe journey.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:15 AM   #5478
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Just popping in to wave hi! I tried to read back and see how everyone was doing, but it sounds like about normal (hopefully!).

Shelly, I think you, your mom, Maggie, and I all need to go to PT together! LOL! The back is still crazy acting from one day to the next - and now the neck too. Geeze! What a mess we all are. Maybe we just need to open up an old age home......we'll call it Happy Stampers Haven.

I've been trying to make a few cards but just haven't accomplished too much. I have done a ton of bookmarks though! My daughter was named principal of one of the elem. schools in Lubbock in January and she has a box in her office that the kids can either pick a bookmark or pencil when they do something "good" in the hall......like helping another child, etc. She said the bookmarks go like wild fire so I've been making those for her to re-stock the box.

Maxine, so sad about the earth quake in NZ. I'm glad you're safe and sound though. Hope your husbands test come out ok

Kelly, looks like that hurricane missed you pretty much so know you were glad about that....besides that, you don't have time to be messing with something like a hurricane either. LOL! Always so busy.

Jeanette, don't know if you're here or there this week, but waving hi anyway.

Darlene, so nice to see you've popped in too. How are things going with the exercise.

Barb, you're like Jeanette and Kelly - always busy and always going - which is fantastic!

Kel - I just discovered Pretty Cute Stamps and after ordering a couple of sets noticed you were on the DT there. They have some cute ones and the ones I got were on sale too!

Waving Hi to everyone else. I'll be back..................
Still waiting to hear from the MRI place about an appointment. I think I will call them tomorrow to find out if they've even gotten the order yet. Last time when I was waiting for the EMG, it took them 3 weeks to get the order from the doctor.

Congrats to your daughter on her new career. So sweet of you to help her out with the bookmarks. A friend of mine asked me to make her a card to give to a GF of hers who is battling breast cancer. I don't get asked often to make a card, so I'm happy to do this for her.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:18 AM   #5479
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Shelly, I'm sure you are enjoying the sing-alongs with Mom and just hanging out with her... creating priceless memories!

Maxine, Yikes! That is some major rocking going on in NZ! I was so busy yesterday that I didn't see/hear the news. I hope you're doing okay!

Maggie, too bad about the challenges at work... hope they get it fixed soon!

I had a busy day yesterday - canned 3 batches of tomatoes (38 quarts of tomato juice). Whew! I was worn out after all that but did manage to make one card at the end of the day - not a good card, but a card.

Today we are going to St. Louis to take my car in for its oil change. That means there's a Starbucks in my day. Truthfully, I don't usually go on these trips, but DH is wanting to see what's on the car lot, so I thought I should go "help".

They were finally able to get us back up and running on Friday afternoon. Not sure what they had to do, but it's working again. Hopefully that will be the end of that
Wow! That's a lot of juice. Did you just do juice or do you do whole tomatoes too?
Old 09-05-2016, 07:22 AM   #5480
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Wow! That is a big one. They just had one up in Oklahoma on Saturday that they said people felt all the way from Texas up to the North states - maybe Dakotas. Then had a bunch of aftershocks.

We have 2 new sister missionaries in our Ward now. One of them comes from the North Island. Her last name is Fishiihoi. She's been in the states for about a month, so wasn't there when the earthquake hit.