Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-15-2016, 10:54 AM   #5401
Quacker Stamper

I used Instacart today to place my grocery order since we're having rainy weather today. I didn't want to be out in it. I'm going to be cooking for myself more since my cholesterol is up a bit this year, but I'm pretty sure that was because I haven't been eating as much oatmeal as i used to do. So, I'll be upping that more and eating more foods that will lower the bad cholesterol. I have 6 weeks to get it back down some.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-15-2016, 11:57 AM   #5402
Quacker Stamper

My orthopedist office finally called me back. She said she'd been off work last week which is why it took so long. The MRI place is supposed to call me today to set up the appointment, but she gave me their number in case I don't hear from them soon.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:07 PM   #5403
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends! We are HOME! What a wonderful time away - albeit it tiring as well! I'm thinking I'm much too old hang out with my 11 year old, LOL. We theme parked until we dropped, and toured some parts of Florida we hadn't seen before - like Christmas, Florida! It's a sleepy little town, but quaint and 'old timey' feel to it - I could totally live there!
The resort was GORGEOUS, big 'ol pool and fun amenities - fully paid, thank you dh's job!

We got in late Sunday and went right into a pre-arranged dinner party I'd set up before we left (I know, crazy, but I miss my babies!!!!) All of the girls were home and the 2 oldest had their boyfriends over as well as they are part of our family, too And my BIL - he's here for now taking care of some property and it was a wonderful and fun evening!

Bright and early this am, I was at little man's school for his new school orientation - going from elementary to jr high! He's alternating between super nervous and excited. Not my first rodeo as his sisters have all gone through this, lol, but for him, it's a big adjustment. I reminded him when he walked in he was quickly flanked by several friends that he will be among friends and have a good year ahead

I know I"m missing a lot so I'll have to read back up and catch myself up - meanwhile, sending love to all! ♥
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 08-16-2016, 04:44 AM   #5404
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Yikes, Maggie....... your time away sounds wonderful, but all the trials upon arriving home. UGH! (((Hugs)))

Darlene, it's so good to see you! I didn't know you have a new pastor. We do, too..... in fact, he's moving in today - with RAIN all day, it's not going to be pleasant. My DH actually told us on Sunday that for the first time in over 35 years, he will have a pastor.

Welcome home, Kelly...... nothing like partying as soon as you arrive, even before the suitcases are unpacked.

Barb, my Monday WAS good........ thanks!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 08-16-2016, 06:22 AM   #5405
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Ladies. I have to take roomie's sister to the airport this morning for a trip to Tanzania with group of 8 people from our church to visit coffee grows we support. I then have two stamp classes at a LSS and then home to get inky some more!
Old 08-16-2016, 06:28 AM   #5406

Barb, I hope the airport run goes smoothly and you enjoy the classes and additional inky time!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:19 AM   #5407

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-17-2016, 06:20 AM   #5408
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Look who I found this morning in our deck?

We were scheduled to have the guys start today to put on our new roof--but it was raining very early this morning and there is another rain system to move in later this morning. It has been really dry all summer, but we got 4+ inches last Friday night and about a quarter inch last night. The lawn is no longer crunchy! I cut the grass on Sunday after a bit more than 2 weeks and it looks like it now needs cutting again. Our house is 20 years old and this is hopefully one of the last major projects of the past few years.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:21 AM   #5409

Smoochy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-17-2016, 01:50 PM   #5410
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi there : )
We decided to fly to Omaha despite the cost due to backs and necks (Mom's and mine).... So much better than driving. I was accused of snoring in the night once or twice..... So out Sunday AM and back Mon afternoon. My Aunt has never been married and had no kids. We have 20 cousins on Dad's side and had 10 if us there. That was awesome! It was a long weekend for my nephew, he was the only kid there. The service was beautiful and the wake was lovely too. The Deacon gave a eulogy at the wake and my cousin too- it was a tear jerker! We had dinner Sunday nite and after mass and cemetary, we all hit the road!

On the way there, I told the flight attendant he was a cancer survivor, and they called him into the cockpit on the way off the plane and let him 'drive' the plane. He was more than thrilled : ) People can be so awesome!

Yesterday, ran a few errands- took nephew back to school shopping and picked up some groceries. I made meatloaf and quadrupled the batch- sent 2 to the neighbors- so sad, their eldest daughter had a baby that has a poorly functioning heart- needs surgery, but is unstable- aka collapsed lung and brain bleed. Please say a prayer for her , "GG" for Gabriella
They were in the process of moving, so the boys have been packing up the house in the evenings, so we were told the boys devoured the food : )

After PT today, had to take hubby's car in for service and a recall for airbag to be done. So, dropping in then hoping to blog hop a bit- if Wifi here behaves : )

Tomorrow, taking Mom to doc in Kankakee- about 1 1/2 hour drive- her back is bothering her. And, she is a little SOB (short of breath) with exertion. I took her last night to Garden Club and we made a little fairy garden.

Kelly- glad the vacation was fab! I just love family dinners- enjoy every moment!

Jeanette- stay dry! Yikes- hope the rain moves out of your area. Happy Sandwich making : )

Barb- love the idea of having LSS to take classes at- mine is too far away, so not too much opportunity to take classes : ( Ray is like you- he does not water the grass, so it gets crunchy too when the ground is dry. We have a neighbor that has a lawn like a golf course!

Maggie- what an ending to your trip- the tire was bad enough, but the butterflies- let us know if you hear anything- so sad! Glad you hear from the doc and hope your have speedy healing!

Maxine- I do not sell cards often- how much do you charge for them??? I have been asked by a couple of places to make some, but I am not in the right frame of mind to get into selling them in stores..... I think it would take some of the fun out of cardmaking for me...... We saw a lady at French market that sells cards for $3.00 each, pretty CAS designs.....

Waving hello to all all

Hugs to all
Shelly
Old 08-17-2016, 04:28 PM   #5411

Shelly, I think you were wise to fly... glad you had a safe trip and got to see some family while reflecting on the wonderful qualities of your aunt.

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:40 PM   #5412
Pearl-ExPert

I've tried to catch up on the posts here and sounds like everyone is ok. Just wanted to let y'all know I'm going to be taking a blogging break for a while so you also may not see me here much either. Just think this is something I have to do right now. I usually go at 90 miles per hour and lately I've slowed down to about 10 miles per hour. That's probably for the best though. I guess all the problems I'm having with my back was finally an eye-opener. Thought it was high time I sat back and looked at the situation here and all that. We're actually ok and Jim is still the same so that's good.
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:45 PM   #5413

Lynn, I actually saw that on your blog earlier today. Sad to hear you feel you need a break, but I totally understand. (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-17-2016, 09:49 PM   #5414
Mad Swapper

Hi girls - I am still in the land of the living - and we have crunchy lawns too - thanks to frost the last few mornings - but glorious days afterwards - we so appreciate it after the wet winter. We had our lawns mowed today for the first time in 5 weeks!

Shelly I am glad you had a good trip and were able to say a wonderful good bye to your Aunt. - we have just been to a funeral - the husband of a woman from our church whom we farewell-ed only 10 weeks ago - they were both in their 80's and neither had been well, so it really was a blessed release for them both.

Barb we also don't water our lawns in the summer, so know the crunchy feeling. I hope you have all survived the rains unscathed - we have seen flood footage on our newscasts .

Maggie that was horrible about your caterpillars - I hope the nursery will front up.

Lynn we will miss you while you take a break, but we can also understand - good to hear Jim is stable though. Look after yourself or you will no use to anybody.

Jeanette that sounded quite quirky about your hubby not having a pastor - but I understand. We are currently in the process of calling a new pastor....

Kelly I don't know that I could return home from a trip and dive into a huge family dinner like that, but you only have them with you the once, so I guess you do the extra while you can, and have the energy. Now a days I would tell them all what to bring if that's what they wanted to do Hard hearted Hannah that I am .

Waving at Kel and Kristie

Sending hugs from down under.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:04 AM   #5415

Maxine, I hope you will love your new pastor! (I haven't met ours yet, but my DH has and he likes him.)

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-18-2016, 06:26 AM   #5416
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope you have a great day--and sweets help too!!!
Old 08-18-2016, 06:28 AM   #5417
SCS RAK Coordinator

Lynn--we will miss you, but we do understand.

Maxine--I hope you like you new pastor too--along with Jeanette!
Old 08-18-2016, 06:34 AM   #5418

Hi Barb... being agreeable with "Jeanette" is a good thing.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:30 PM   #5419
Mad Swapper

Thanks for the wishes re a new Pastor. We have a long way to go yet to even issue a 'call' - the process is lengthy and we have really only just started... And there is a dearth of available candidates we understand.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:48 PM   #5420
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
I've tried to catch up on the posts here and sounds like everyone is ok. Just wanted to let y'all know I'm going to be taking a blogging break for a while so you also may not see me here much either. Just think this is something I have to do right now. I usually go at 90 miles per hour and lately I've slowed down to about 10 miles per hour. That's probably for the best though. I guess all the problems I'm having with my back was finally an eye-opener. Thought it was high time I sat back and looked at the situation here and all that. We're actually ok and Jim is still the same so that's good.
We will miss you while you're gone, but I sure hope that you will come back when you are feeling more up to it. We're always here ready to listen. HUGS!
Old 08-18-2016, 05:00 PM   #5421
Quacker Stamper

Good vibes being sent out to all of you who are looking for a new spiritual leader for your congregations.

Dang, if I didn't water my lawn in the Summer, I wouldn't have a lawn. So glad to have the sprinklers even though it's costing me a little more.

The nursery is not doing anything about the milkweed plants. At least I will be able to wash them off and rinse them really well and eventually use them I hope.

This has sure been not the week to come back from vacation. I've been swamped and today my boss was really making me crazy! Then had a disagreement with the paralegal. We are just not compatible at all. I've only had one other time years ago when I was working for GE that my boss was going to hire someone, and for some reason, I did not like him at all. I don't think he ended up hiring him either.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:06 PM   #5422
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving hello to all. I spent the day taking mom to Kankakee to the doc. We went to the hospital for Xrays of her back, and she will do PT- there is a company that is up here and in the town my brother lives in, so if she goes home in the middle of it she can transfer there. We were both smashed when we got home, so Ray put chicken on the grill and I just made a quick noodle side dish and some wax beans from the Farmers Market.

Yum, we have lots of tomato's on the vine- they are just delicious!

Tomorrow- eye Dr appt and PT, Mom goes to PT and Stephi to dentist. My PT will be interesting- woke up today with a burning down my leg and my big toe (top only) is numb..... I called doc but did not hear back. What a strange sensation...

Stephi is working on sorting out her stuff and packing to move to Va., leaving on Sunday : ( Ray and Stephi are both driving car/van out there with her stuff. She will have 2 roommates.

Maxine and Jeanette- best of luck with new pastor/new pastor search. You are lucky- our priests are 'assigned' by the Bishop, and we are stuck with them if we do not like them. We do have many churches in the area, so we can always go to different churches, Our church uses a lectionary, so all over the world, all Catholic churches use the same readings each day (every 3 years it covers -just shy of- the entire bible). The only difference is the sermon.

Maggie- what did the nursery say? So sad about all of the loss- especially if it was from the plants.....

Lynn- will miss your posts that always put a smile on my face! I am hoping you feel better and get the urge to post on occasion : )

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:21 PM   #5423
Mad Swapper

Oh Shelly I know that sensation - it eases when my back is stronger from walking, but I hate it - it's as though there is a layer just below the skin that is prickling and burning... hope the PT helps!!!
Old 08-19-2016, 03:49 AM   #5424

Maxine, I hope you are successful in finding a GREAT pastor!

Maggie, I'm so sorry you have had a rough time since vacation. (((HUGS)))

Shelly, yikes! Lots of stuff going on in your family. It must be quite challenging to juggle all of that!

In fact, those hugs (and this greeting) will most likely be the last ones from me until August 29th, at the earliest.

Today is PACKING DAY! We leave on vacation bright and early tomorrow morning. YAY! We'll be gone a week - and I won't be taking my computer with me... for a couple of reasons. ONE) it IS vacation time and we'll be too busy having fun and TWO) we are trying to take my computer to the shop today so they can get some things taken care of on it while we are gone.

So unless I sneak back in here later today, I will see you when my computer and I reconnect after vacation.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-19-2016, 05:48 AM   #5425
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends! It is Friday--YAY!!!! That means the start to the weekend and one where we had no plan---yes, really--NO plans!!!!! But, I think this is the last weekend for maybe two months without any plans!

I am heading to the post office to mail a swap, a stamp at Sarah's to borrow a stamp set for another swap and then we are having dinner at some friend's house tonight. We are to get rain all day today and tomorrow, along with temps in the 90's! Sounds like a perfect day to stay indoors as much as possible!
Old 08-19-2016, 04:57 PM   #5426
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Waving hello to all. I spent the day taking mom to Kankakee to the doc. We went to the hospital for Xrays of her back, and she will do PT- there is a company that is up here and in the town my brother lives in, so if she goes home in the middle of it she can transfer there. We were both smashed when we got home, so Ray put chicken on the grill and I just made a quick noodle side dish and some wax beans from the Farmers Market.

Yum, we have lots of tomato's on the vine- they are just delicious!

Tomorrow- eye Dr appt and PT, Mom goes to PT and Stephi to dentist. My PT will be interesting- woke up today with a burning down my leg and my big toe (top only) is numb..... I called doc but did not hear back. What a strange sensation...

Stephi is working on sorting out her stuff and packing to move to Va., leaving on Sunday : ( Ray and Stephi are both driving car/van out there with her stuff. She will have 2 roommates.

Maxine and Jeanette- best of luck with new pastor/new pastor search. You are lucky- our priests are 'assigned' by the Bishop, and we are stuck with them if we do not like them. We do have many churches in the area, so we can always go to different churches, Our church uses a lectionary, so all over the world, all Catholic churches use the same readings each day (every 3 years it covers -just shy of- the entire bible). The only difference is the sermon.

Maggie- what did the nursery say? So sad about all of the loss- especially if it was from the plants.....

Lynn- will miss your posts that always put a smile on my face! I am hoping you feel better and get the urge to post on occasion : )

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
How did the PT go Shelly? What did they say about the burning sensation in your leg? Sounds like it could be sciatica.

The nursery is so lame! They actually said that it could have been a big puff of wind that somehow had poison in it that blew on to the plants!!!!!! OMG! I thought they were crazy to come up with some cockamamie story like that! They've been sitting outside for over a week now and getting rained on every day, so I'm hoping that they have been cleaned off of whatever was on them. I did find a caterpillar on one of them today. I left it on there and put the plant on top of the hutch and I'll check for it tomorrow to see if it's still there and still alive.

I've got a ton of caterpillars in my hutch again. I have 5 (1gallon) pots that have at least 5 or 6 caterpillars on each one and tonight I put about 5 or 6 4" pots in there too and each one of those have 2 caterpillars on them. I found a bunch of them in my garden plants again.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:58 PM   #5427
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Maxine, I hope you are successful in finding a GREAT pastor!

Maggie, I'm so sorry you have had a rough time since vacation. (((HUGS)))

Shelly, yikes! Lots of stuff going on in your family. It must be quite challenging to juggle all of that!

In fact, those hugs (and this greeting) will most likely be the last ones from me until August 29th, at the earliest.

Today is PACKING DAY! We leave on vacation bright and early tomorrow morning. YAY! We'll be gone a week - and I won't be taking my computer with me... for a couple of reasons. ONE) it IS vacation time and we'll be too busy having fun and TWO) we are trying to take my computer to the shop today so they can get some things taken care of on it while we are gone.

So unless I sneak back in here later today, I will see you when my computer and I reconnect after vacation.

Have a great time on your vacation Jeanette. Where are you guys heading off to? Smart to have your computer serviced while you're gone.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:00 PM   #5428
Quacker Stamper

I'm hoping to spend a lot of time in my stamp room this weekend. I will have to do a little work in the garden tomorrow and I'll be going to DD's for dinner on Sunday as long as it's not storming! We've had rain every day. Mostly it's just heavy rain so I hope it's not any worse than that.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:17 PM   #5429
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi! 'Member me?!!!

I'm still here!

Just struggling through multi-tasking my way through life as mom, wife, volunteer, school-starting-and-the-kid-stuff shopper, and more. It's been slightly chaotic - and I instructed my family that I am NOT moving this weekend! If you don't have it, can't eat it, can't drive it, can't wear it - find something else - ROFL

Jeanette - happy travels! We just got back and I needed a vacation from the vacation! Whew!

Lynn - bah humbug! It won't be the same in blogland without your cheerful happy posts and quirky Rambo stories! But I understand! Pop in when you can!

Maggie - holy schmoly - what kind of an answer is that for your catepillars?! Sounds like they might not have known at all and just guessed their way through it. I do hope you have better luck with the new ones.

Maxine - any luck on finding a new pastor? We met the new principal at my son's middle school as he's starting 'big boy school' this year and oddly, he's a pastor! He saw my son's shirt (which had a scripture verse and said wow, wait - that's super cool ....... when I'm not being a principal, I'm also a pastor!") interesting combination!

Shelly - you are super with your mommy! She's blessed to have you. sounds like you are doing your fair share of traveling - you are going to be in competition with Barb, LOL! I agree - flying sounds good!

Waving to Kel, Kristie, Barb, Darlene .............. and sending hugs ♥
Old 08-20-2016, 07:08 PM   #5430
Quacker Stamper

Hi Kelly, I hope you were able to have the day for yourself and not have to taxi anyone anywhere!

Yes, we thought that the nursery's answer was a little farfetched to say the least. The good thing about it all is that we have had rain every day since last week when I got them, so they have been washed off. I found baby caterpillars on 3 of them, so I'm going ahead and using them. I have scads (about 50) caterpillars in the hutch and I hope that they all make it. The drag right now is the aphids. They are such a nuisance and are so bad on some, that I just cut the tops off the plants. I was thinking tonight that I need to just pull up all the plants in the garden and replant them.

Oh, the best thing today is that I finally saw a hummingbird! I don't usually get very many so I was thrilled to see the one. At least I think it's one, unless there are more and they just come to feed one at a time. I have a huge Esperanza bush which is about 7' tall this year. While I was out working in the garden, it came and was getting nectar from some flowers on one of the milkweed plants. I had my phone out there with me and I was able to get a photo of it. Posted it on FB. It really seemed to like my Pentas also. I went to the nursery this morning to get some more small milkweed plants to repot into gallon pots. I ended up with 12 pots using 3 plants from the small pots I also got some vining flowering plants. They attract different butterflies. I'm going to put 2 of them in the rose bed and 1 out in the back along the fence. I hope my yard man will plant them this week.

Got laundry going and I'm going to go do some coloring.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:44 AM   #5431
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Monday! They are working on the roof this morning--day 1. It is loud as they are taking off the shingles, so I will head to my craft room downstairs in a bit. Good reason to get inky, right?!

I am heading out of town Wednesday--yes, on the move again! Some friends bought a house in northern Wisconsin last year and we are spending a few days with them on the lake--relaxing, swimming, pontooning, etc! It is to be cooler than we have recently had, but that is OK. Being on a lake is relaxing, no matter the weather!

I am not taking my laptop, so I will not check in after Wednesday morning. Have a great day and a wonderful start to the new week!
Old 08-22-2016, 05:03 PM   #5432
Quacker Stamper

Hi gang!

Barb, you have been home too long - so guess it is time for another trip OOT. Have fun at the lake.

Dinner at DD's last night was good and they were making s'mores for dessert. I ended up just eating everything separate. She had some kind of little burner thing, but my marshmallows weren't getting very soft. The chocolate was good.

I went for my EMG this afternoon. Of course the radiologist hasn't seen the results yet, but the man who was doing the testing seems to think that it's a pinched nerve in my neck causing the pain in my fingers. I have an appointment next Monday with my orthopedist, so I'll find out then what it is and what can be done about it.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:22 AM   #5433
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Tuesday! It sure is loud in the house when guys are on the roof with a nail gun! They are about half done putting on the new shingles and I am gad my craft room is in the back of the basement........................ I have a couple of errands to do this morning so I will not be back until later and I am hoping they will be pretty much done. Another set of guys still need to come and put on the new gutters. We also added a solar tube to our hallway to the bedrooms and it is amazing how much light is now there!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!!!!!
Old 08-23-2016, 09:19 AM   #5434
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning - looks like everyone is busy! We are back to the school daily grind. DD's senior year is good - she's ready to bust out. Little man had a great first day at middle school but said the change was HUGE - got lost a few times, lunch was insane, but has all classes with friends and wonderful teachers so I'm sure it will be a good year.

Except I spent about 5 hours on the road for drop offs and picks up! YES, that's 5 HOURS! I leave at 6:15 to get my daughter to school and am home by 7:15 to scoop up little man who has to be at school by 8:45 (starts at 9) and we BARELY make it! The kicker is the school is 20 minutes or so away with no traffic - so close, yet so far.

Then repeat it all backwards at pick up time! I left at 2:20, got home at 5. I know it's first week of school and all but traffic here never really gets any better. They just keep building and building and building around here and there are no arterial or access roads so we're all jamming onto the few there are. We look like an LA freeway each morning!

Barb, you must have a soundproof basement That would drive me absolutely BATTY trying to do anything with that tack, tack, tack over head! I hope you get some nifty coloring done and am sure you will enjoy your trip! You are always on the go-go-go my friend!

Maggie - s'mores ROCK! no matter how ya eat 'em! Yum! I met with friends at S'Bux after drop off yesterday and saw they have the s'mores frap still up - it was supposed to be summer only. You know it will be replaced by the Pumpkin Spice Latte soon - ROFL! I'm sorry you are still feeling some pain. I hope the radiologist gives you better news!

Okay, ladies - need to figure out some bills this morning ......... and get my back to school lists written out. Of course most of the things we picked up during the summer or on clearance are NOT what the teachers want *eye roll!*

Hugs!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:22 AM   #5435
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Stamping Friends!

The roof is done and it looks very nice. They will be back next week to put on the gutters and downspouts. We had a nice slow rain this morning for a few hours and might get more later--and that is a good thing! I am headed out of town this afternoon to go up north with some friends to stay at their cabin. Roomie will come up tomorrow after work and we will stay until Sunday.

I will wish you all a good rest of the week and I hope you have a great weekend too!
Old 08-24-2016, 07:56 PM   #5436
Mad Swapper

Glad to hear the roof is finished before you head away - have a great trip Barb.

Jeanette I hope you are having a wonderful time

Darlene my prayers are with you at this time of 'firsts'. may you knoe God's peace with you.

Lynn we miss you but totally 'get it' - hope you can pop in occasionally and say hi.

Kristie, it's good to see you creating and blogging again

Kel is you summer over, and did you smell a rose??

Shelly I hope your back is starting to respond to the treatments and no work

Maggie i am amazed at your dedication to the butterflies - what an enormous contribution you have made to them this summer.

Waving to you from a wet down under (again)
Old 08-25-2016, 05:50 PM   #5437
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Thursday- made it thru the week of PT- I was awful re: neck on Tuesday. PT told me he was positive I would get an injection in my neck next week with Pain doc. Well, with insurance change and all, the med he ordered for nerve pain, Lyrica just got approved. So, I picked it up Tuesday night and today PT was amazed. Still a bit tight, but WAY better. The doc has tried to get me to take Lyrica before and I resisted. So, PT told me the pain doc is going to tell me, "I told you so". LOL It just may get me out of having a shot in the neck...... Fingers crossed.

My Mom is having great pain in the back too, so we are both in PT.....We are the perfect pair.... doing the same exercises together and trying to walk a bit. Mom gets pain after 1/4 mile, so I am not getting too far with walking.

At my Aunt's funeral, I got some pics that were my Aunts. One is of my Dad when he was 10 with his dog- who we have heard about but never have seen- stunts. I put it on FB today : )

I need to get into my craft room- maybe tomorrow!

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Old 08-26-2016, 08:17 AM   #5438
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi girls - we survived the first week of Back to School! I told dh tonight is happy hour!

We're also keeping a close eye on the tropics and waiting to see what the hurricanes will or will not do. We just spied the update that it looks to be fizzling - we're already getting a ton of rain! The kids keep chanting "NO SCHOOL! NO SCHOOL! NO SCHOOL!" ha!

And dd and I have tickets for the Opera tomorrow night - it would be a shame to miss it due to the weather. And little man has a movie birthday party and sleepover, so that would be a damper, too! We are all crossing our fingers!

Goodness, Shel, that sounds like an ordeal with the neck and back, but PTL you are getting some good meds and the PT is working!

Maxine, I just loved your whole post! Such thoughtful and kind words, spoken from the heart - you are a blessing, dear friend!

Sending hugs to all!

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 08-26-2016 at 08:23 AM..
Old 08-26-2016, 05:16 PM   #5439
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Thursday- made it thru the week of PT- I was awful re: neck on Tuesday. PT told me he was positive I would get an injection in my neck next week with Pain doc. Well, with insurance change and all, the med he ordered for nerve pain, Lyrica just got approved. So, I picked it up Tuesday night and today PT was amazed. Still a bit tight, but WAY better. The doc has tried to get me to take Lyrica before and I resisted. So, PT told me the pain doc is going to tell me, "I told you so". LOL It just may get me out of having a shot in the neck...... Fingers crossed.

My Mom is having great pain in the back too, so we are both in PT.....We are the perfect pair.... doing the same exercises together and trying to walk a bit. Mom gets pain after 1/4 mile, so I am not getting too far with walking.

At my Aunt's funeral, I got some pics that were my Aunts. One is of my Dad when he was 10 with his dog- who we have heard about but never have seen- stunts. I put it on FB today : )

I need to get into my craft room- maybe tomorrow!

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Hope the Lyrica helps Shelly and that it seems to have made a difference in our PT. I hope you don't have to get a shot in your neck.

I have an appointment with my orthopedist on Monday and see what he says about my EMG results.

Cool that you were able to get some old photos.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:20 PM   #5440
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Hi girls - we survived the first week of Back to School! I told dh tonight is happy hour!

We're also keeping a close eye on the tropics and waiting to see what the hurricanes will or will not do. We just spied the update that it looks to be fizzling - we're already getting a ton of rain! The kids keep chanting "NO SCHOOL! NO SCHOOL! NO SCHOOL!" ha!

And dd and I have tickets for the Opera tomorrow night - it would be a shame to miss it due to the weather. And little man has a movie birthday party and sleepover, so that would be a damper, too! We are all crossing our fingers!

Goodness, Shel, that sounds like an ordeal with the neck and back, but PTL you are getting some good meds and the PT is working!

Maxine, I just loved your whole post! Such thoughtful and kind words, spoken from the heart - you are a blessing, dear friend!

Sending hugs to all!
I hope that you stay safe from the storms Kelly. We're supposed to get rain all weekend.

I hope you all are able to get your activities in tomorrow.

I'm planning to work in my gardens tomorrow morning at least. I left work early to go get some clean milkweed plants and I'm going to pull up what's in my garden and replant. I got 24 large plants and 48 small ones. The small ones I want to repot into gallon pots and let them grow over the months so I have some plants later in the year.