Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2016, 06:05 PM   #5321
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi all, I caught up on the thread yesterday and then started my day and forgot to post!

I have been creating but not blogging, finally got my projects blogged tonight. Today we went to see the new Jason Bourne movie. It was awesome! We went to the new theater near us and they have all recliners. Quite comfy to watch a movie that way lol!

Not much else going on here. My cough is finally almost gone. I think I will try to get back on the elliptical this week. I tried once a few weeks ago and it was still too much. I feel like I can handle it much better now.
We have Studio Grills like that where you can sit and eat and watch a movie. That's lots of fun. I really want to see that. I love the Bourne movies at least the ones with Matt Damon.

Glad that you are finally starting to feel better.

I came home tonight and did a 1-mile walk with Leslie Sansome. I'm going to try to get back in the swing of walking. The toe is feeling much better now and didn't hurt at all.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-01-2016, 06:06 PM   #5322
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Stamping Friends! Welcome to August! It feels good to be back in a routine again--as much as retirement is a routine.........................

Our trip back from Austin was OK--we were late leaving both Austin and Atlanta, but were only a few minutes late arriving in Milwaukee. We got home around 12:30 am and went right to bed. We had friends over Thursday night for a cookout to visit with our friends from Colorado. Friday was the golf outing in Green Bay and we had a great time. Saturday was catch-up day, cutting the grass, working in the gardens, trimming some shrubs and trees along with 5 loads of laundry! Sunday after church we went to the Madison Mallards baseball game with a bus load of people from the Humane Society. That was fun, though a bit warm in the stands!

I will spend some time in the stamp room today and I have a swap to organize and get the packages postal yet today! I hope you have a great Monday and the start to a new Month!
You are just the busiest! Always on the go. Glad you had a fun time in Austin and with your friends. Hoping to spend some time in my stamp room too. I need to make 3 more ATC cards.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:10 PM   #5323
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Hello, dears! Trying desperately to catch up - in all areas!

Maggie, I'm sorry about your computer not getting the new install. That's one of the things that messed up my laptop - the new Windows 10. And then when we tried to go BACK to the old operating system {windows 8.1}, it was "outdated" that I would have had to pay the $70 to buy it and reinstall it again, and that was using the student discount version! Waaaaaht?! No thanks!
For some reason, it just wasn't compatible and caused a ridiculously confusing system override. I aren't that smart
Good luck with Frost-bite

Speaking of bites, YES! Maxine, you are correct and we are hearing to be cautious of the mosquitos now more than ever. They were always a nuisance! We stay covered up 24/7 from those nasty buggers. We went to the beach/trails the other day and there were also new 'alligators could live here' signs everywhere - funny how those are all popping up now at every state park. It's a shame it took a profound loss for the officials to take action.

We are humming along with the last weeks of summer! It's SO HOT here. I fear we will just pass out and die on our Disney trip next week. We wouldn't normally set foot in the parks at this time of year, but it's a free trip and we aren't looking a gift horse in the mouth! School starts in just 3 weeks and it will be here in a blink, so I'll be in and out - both my house and SCS!

I'm anxiously awaiting word from my dd21 who is in the last leg of her special ed studies and finishing her BA - she went to the college today with an appt with the advisor and it turns out they listed the wrong schools for them to TA! They have a list of schools in horrible areas - 2 hours away each drive. She didn't mind the schools, but the commute will be 4 hours a day and that's just not possible as she works full time AND has a full time college schedule! She's meeting with the dean as I type and we are on bended knee to see if there can be some resolution, otherwise, she loses not only an entire semester, but it will put her behind logistically at work, too

*waving to everyone!*
Do be careful out there with those Zika bugs. I heard on the news that 2% of all blood that is donated down there has to be tossed because it's contaminated. Don't they test people's blood before they take it? I would think that they would.

Hope all works out for DD21.

Have a great time at Disney. What a great way to end the summer vacation.

My Dell did an upgrade to my printer last night, so I'm thinking that it will be okay printing from it with W10.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:11 PM   #5324
Quacker Stamper

Hi all! I had a really busy day today. First I had an appointment with the Orthopedist. Actually saw the doctor this time. The arm around the elbow is still very sore. He poke and prodded and pressed on it all around. Very sore. Fingers are still hurting. The are scheduling an EMG test for nerve damage. Someone is supposed to call me to get that scheduled. He also gave me a script for some topical pain meds called Pennsaid. It comes from a special pharmacy. They just called me about it - it will be delivered tomorrow. So glad that the insurance company is paying for this one - $1300! After reading all the side effects, I'm not sure I want to use this stuff.

Boss is away until Friday. He's in SA for a Seminar. He did manage to leave me a ton of work to do, so I won't be twiddling my thumbs while he's gone.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:23 AM   #5325
Mad Swapper

Hi Girls - we actually had a fine and sunny day today so I got outside and continued the pruning I started two weeks ago.... and now my hands are sore and scarred by the roses. Then after that DD and I walked the lake again, and this time we finished in the twilight, not the dark - spring is a'coming!!

Maggie you surely are busy - glad to hear your foot is doing well, but not happy to hear you arm is still not healed and comfortable - those pills sound rather potent, never mind expensive!!

Kelly I do hope your DD's situation works out - that sounds like a major boo boo. Take care and enjoy the freebie passes to the parks.

Kristie it's good to hear you are finally on the mend - that was quite some chest infection

Barb you really do live life to the full!! Well done.

Shelly how are you finding the first few days of retirement?? I do hope, and pray, your back heals soon and you are more comfortable soon.

Jeanette I trust all your travelling and meeting goes well and you are back here and popping in soon!!

Kel if all this cramming gets your through your course sooner I guess it will be worth it, but I really don't know how you do it with family and blogging and card making - do you ever sleep??

Waving to you all from down under
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:30 AM   #5326
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Barb, welcome home! You sure have been busy! Ever heard of propping your feet up and relaxing a bit? Maybe even taking a wee little nap? At your older-than-dirt-age, overdoing can be detrimental.

Kelly, I sure hope things worked out for your DD and they assigned her to a closer school! WOW! I'd love a free trip to Disney and wouldn't pass it up either! Have fun!

Kristie, I had to re-read your post........ first time around, I thought you said your couch was almost gone. Oops! Too little sleep and not enough coffee. I've only slept a total of 7 hours in the past two nights.

Maggie, I would love to go to a theatre like the one you mentioned. What a fun concept!

Maggie, I'm here! See me? (Look quick, I won't be here long before I'm off again.)

I had a good trip/meeting... and DID enjoy Starbucks and Chipotle along with some retail therapy while I was gone.

DH leaves this morning for 3 days. Today I intend to get inky, tomorrow I will clean house, and Thursday I will do laundry. Our DS and his GF will be here Thursday evening through mid-afternoon on Sunday and then DH, Brock and I leave Monday morning (early) for two days of meetings 3 1/2 hours from our home!!!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 08-02-2016, 06:18 AM   #5327
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning! I did get the final mystery cards swapped yesterday and they are postal. I also completed a swap that needed to be assembled and finished a second spot in the same swap, so those will be postal today. I am waiting on two repair guys this morning--one for a ding in my windshield and the other to fix the cable in our second garage door. I also have a couple of errands to run and also plan to pick up my SU order from July hostess club--yay for new toys!

I wish for you a Terrific Tuesday!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:51 AM   #5328

Hi Barb... hope the fix-it peeps get there pronto so you can go get your new toys!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-02-2016, 08:22 AM   #5329
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi Girls - we actually had a fine and sunny day today so I got outside and continued the pruning I started two weeks ago.... and now my hands are sore and scarred by the roses. Then after that DD and I walked the lake again, and this time we finished in the twilight, not the dark - spring is a'coming!!

Maggie you surely are busy - glad to hear your foot is doing well, but not happy to hear you arm is still not healed and comfortable - those pills sound rather potent, never mind expensive!!

Kelly I do hope your DD's situation works out - that sounds like a major boo boo. Take care and enjoy the freebie passes to the parks.

Kristie it's good to hear you are finally on the mend - that was quite some chest infection

Barb you really do live life to the full!! Well done.

Shelly how are you finding the first few days of retirement?? I do hope, and pray, your back heals soon and you are more comfortable soon.

Jeanette I trust all your travelling and meeting goes well and you are back here and popping in soon!!

Kel if all this cramming gets your through your course sooner I guess it will be worth it, but I really don't know how you do it with family and blogging and card making - do you ever sleep??

Waving to you all from down under
Sorry that you are having issues with your hands from all your yard work. Maybe just take it easy with it and not try to do so much at once.

I'm going to get out to walk at lunch time today and then I will skip the walk at home tonight, probably tomorrow too, since I have to be at the Family History Center tomorrow night at 7. No time for workout. It's actually a liquid that you squirt on the arm where the soreness is. After reading about the NSAID side effects, I'm not sure I want to use it. I already won't take anything else on a consistent on-going basis.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:25 AM   #5330
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Barb, welcome home! You sure have been busy! Ever heard of propping your feet up and relaxing a bit? Maybe even taking a wee little nap? At your older-than-dirt-age, overdoing can be detrimental.

Kelly, I sure hope things worked out for your DD and they assigned her to a closer school! WOW! I'd love a free trip to Disney and wouldn't pass it up either! Have fun!

Kristie, I had to re-read your post........ first time around, I thought you said your couch was almost gone. Oops! Too little sleep and not enough coffee. I've only slept a total of 7 hours in the past two nights.

Maggie, I would love to go to a theatre like the one you mentioned. What a fun concept!

Maggie, I'm here! See me? (Look quick, I won't be here long before I'm off again.)

I had a good trip/meeting... and DID enjoy Starbucks and Chipotle along with some retail therapy while I was gone.

DH leaves this morning for 3 days. Today I intend to get inky, tomorrow I will clean house, and Thursday I will do laundry. Our DS and his GF will be here Thursday evening through mid-afternoon on Sunday and then DH, Brock and I leave Monday morning (early) for two days of meetings 3 1/2 hours from our home!!!

<waving> Hi Jeanette! I see you~!

Have fun getting inky and getting ready for your visitors this week. I don't blame you for staying over for the meeting next week. That would be a long drive each day! Glad you were able to get your SB and C fix while you were gone.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:45 AM   #5331

Maggie, SB and C make the trip worth it. YAY to you for walking at lunch!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-02-2016, 12:00 PM   #5332
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Hello ladies. I am not doing anything to exciting in my early retirement. I decided to go crazy and do the DGTD challenge- which is like 5-6 cards a day, so have been doing very little of anything else other than walking the dog.... Ray even made dinner 2 of the nights- I showed him the DTGD coupon : ) I had everything ready/together though. And, I need to learn to make CAS cards! And, it takes forever to take pictures and upload them too..... as you all know.

Awww, Jeanette- we love Chipolte- do not go out to eat too much, but love the fresh ingredients! Glad to see SB finally has some regular black tea too!

Maggie- hoping the EMG will shed some light on your issue. Did they try a steroid shot yet- I cannot remember. Usually, the topical NSAIDS are really not absorbed as much into the system like the oral or IV ones, so I would try that- sounds like it has Gold in it or something- Whola- that is expensive!!! Sorry you are having pain. Bet even thought the boss left you work to do, it will still be nice with him not being in the office : ) SO sorry for your computer woes. I added W10 and had no issues- really do not see much of a change.

Maxine- way to go with the walking! I try to walk, have to stop taking the dog- he is 15 and has to stop and putter, sniff etc...I think he is either in pain or out of breath or something. I do not have too much structure here, one of my kids thrives on a strict schedule to fit in all of the activities of the day.... Oh my, I bought 2 new rose bushes this year- one yellow and one pink. Apparently the yellow one is delicious, cause the bunnies have eaten it to the ground : ( Not much pruning left to do.....

Barb- Oh to be retired! You live such a fun and active life! My activities of late are going to Physical Therapy (really stands for Pain and Torture.....) and doc visits. Your card making sure is fun too. The mystery swap sounds like a blast!

Kelly- yikes- hope they get your daughters issue cleared up quickly! That is a crazy mix-up! Will say a prayer for her that it all gets resolved quickly and smoothly! And, Disney sounds like a blast- I have never been there in the summertime. Will look forward to your report! Sounds like you need to drink lots of fluids! I remember going there in October and the cement at the swimming pool was so hot I got a blister on the bottom of my foot- had to go buy pool shoes!

Lynn- glad to see you back- take care of that back! rest, ice and 's-l-o-w-l-y
stretching- from the mouth of my therapist- cannot move the muscles too fast....Oh bother! LOL Hope all is well with the new computer and with the hubby too: )

Kel- yeah for getting closer to the end of school! I remember younger and living in the fast lane- i cannot get buy with less sleep now like I could then.... I loved being in school, even with cramming for tests and writing papers. Love seeing the pics of the boys on FB too! That baby is growing so fast!

Kristi- glad to hear you are finally on the mend! That cough lasted a while and really did not want to give up!!! Good for you getting on the elliptical- I used to love working out on that- it is quite the workout too!

Keeping Darlene in prayers!

Have a great day
Shelly
Old 08-03-2016, 05:27 AM   #5333

Shelly, it sounds like you've been a card-making dynamo! Way to go! Sorry about the needed trips to Pain and Torture though. UGH! (((gentle Hugs)))

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:57 AM   #5334
SCS RAK Coordinator

Lookie who I found on my deck this morning! He was out there among the birds, along with one chipmunk and a squirrel, who were trying to get into the bird feeders!

Yesterday was repair day! They did fix my windshield and the garage door. The door guy did check the other two doors and found a broken spring in one and replaced that too, along with lubricating all three and testing--YAY! Then, I noticed water below the kitchen sink and called our plumber. Before he called back, I realized it was pouring out of the bottom of our garbage disposal, so when I talked to him, he knew that needed replacing. So--I went off to do a bunch of errands--stops at Home Depot, Costco, Ace Hardware, Office Depot and other grocery shopping. I came home to a much quieter garage door and garbage disposal!!!!!!!

Today is craft day--all day!
Old 08-03-2016, 07:31 AM   #5335

Smoochy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yikes! Today sounds like more fun for you, Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-04-2016, 05:21 AM   #5336

FYI - I am going to be super busy today, getting ready for DS and his GF to arrive this evening. They will be here until Sunday afternoon, and DH, Brock and I leave early Monday morning for out-of-town meetings. So you won't be seeing me here again until mid-week next week.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-04-2016, 06:17 AM   #5337
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I did spend all day in the stamp room yesterday and will do the same again today, other than one errand.

I hope you have a Terrific Thursday!
Old 08-04-2016, 08:32 AM   #5338
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi firiends!

Shell, WTG on those challenges! I haven't made anything in a week or so - having crammed with card making 3 weeks ago, I'm finally posting and uploading them all. Whew! I'll have to go peek at your work!

Yep, it's hot here.

Like. Africa. Hot!

We leave for Disney World in just a few days - beyond excited! Dh has a conference and we are taking advantage, though spending just limited time at WDW due to the heat. And cost. LOL!

We plan to explore some of rural Florida we haven't seen before - like the Chipola River and Ginnie Springs! (yep, Florida has a wonderful variety of American Indian influence and namesakes). We'll be there long enough to enjoy the park(s) and take a couple of day trips to map off places on our "Florida bucket list"

Our daughters managed to get their work schedules switched/off so that we can all have dinner here Sunday. All 4 in the same place practically takes an act of Congress! We planned outdoor games and lots of good eats! Both dd21 and dd19 will have their boyfriends over as well and just heard my BIL and his gf will be here from Colorado so it's going to be a full house ♥

Doing the back to school shopping shuffle - uniforms, supplies, yadda yadda - UGH. Not my favorite time of year! My son shot straight up during the summer and all his pants look like 'high waters' and his socks come to his heels (rather than ankles) and how is this possible when I bought him all new clothes, socks, undies right before summer!??!! LOL!
I should have noticed when he told me his church shoes were 'snug'.

*waving to everyone!*
DT:  The Project Bin
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:37 PM   #5339
Pearl-ExPert

Just blowing through waving hi. I didn't even try to catch up on all the posts but hope everyone is doing ok. All's the same around here - and HOT. It's summer so what can I say!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:57 PM   #5340
Mad Swapper

Hi All,

We down under are growing webbed feet - it's been a very looooooooooong time since we have had a winter as wet as this, and now there is snow closing the central North Is roads, so it is not only wet, it is cold.... and we have had to go to town this morning and physio for (DH) this afternoon. Yuk. It seems worse I think after that wonderful warm and sunny day on Tuesday.

Hi Lynn - good to see you shooting past

Kelly how wonderful to be able to make the trip as a family, and to have a houseful during the weekend.

We are going to DH's brother's birthday Saturday afternoon - he is turning 75 - seems weird to say that as he is younger than DH!! When did they get "that" old???

Enjoy your inky day Barb - hopefully no repair men today - you really had a run of them the other day!! Glad it all worked out well for you though.

Waving from a sodden down under
Old 08-05-2016, 08:03 AM   #5341
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--it is Friday! I have hostess club this afternoon and then I will be watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics tonight! Roomie and her sister left for a family reunion in Nebraska this morning and will be gone until Sunday night.

I hope you have a great day and a wonderful start to the weekend!
Old 08-05-2016, 05:25 PM   #5342
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, SB and C make the trip worth it. YAY to you for walking at lunch!
I went and walked yesterday also, but my low back is really giving me fits. I would have gone again today, but my boss announced that he was taking our group plus our receptionist out to lunch today for the paralegal's birthday. Lunch was good. We went to a Lebanese place. I brought back leftovers which I'll warm up for lunch tomorrow. Too full for dinner tonight, I'll just have a salad. One of our vendors brought in Marble Slab ice cream this afternoon with toppings, so I'm really full now!
Old 08-05-2016, 05:42 PM   #5343
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello ladies. I am not doing anything to exciting in my early retirement. I decided to go crazy and do the DGTD challenge- which is like 5-6 cards a day, so have been doing very little of anything else other than walking the dog.... Ray even made dinner 2 of the nights- I showed him the DTGD coupon : ) I had everything ready/together though. And, I need to learn to make CAS cards! And, it takes forever to take pictures and upload them too..... as you all know.

Maggie- hoping the EMG will shed some light on your issue. Did they try a steroid shot yet- I cannot remember. Usually, the topical NSAIDS are really not absorbed as much into the system like the oral or IV ones, so I would try that- sounds like it has Gold in it or something- Whola- that is expensive!!! Sorry you are having pain. Bet even thought the boss left you work to do, it will still be nice with him not being in the office : ) SO sorry for your computer woes. I added W10 and had no issues- really do not see much of a change.

Maxine- way to go with the walking! I try to walk, have to stop taking the dog- he is 15 and has to stop and putter, sniff etc...I think he is either in pain or out of breath or something. I do not have too much structure here, one of my kids thrives on a strict schedule to fit in all of the activities of the day.... Oh my, I bought 2 new rose bushes this year- one yellow and one pink. Apparently the yellow one is delicious, cause the bunnies have eaten it to the ground : ( Not much pruning left to do.....

Barb- Oh to be retired! You live such a fun and active life! My activities of late are going to Physical Therapy (really stands for Pain and Torture.....) and doc visits. Your card making sure is fun too. The mystery swap sounds like a blast!

Keeping Darlene in prayers!

Have a great day
Shelly
I'd like the opportunity to see how things would go if I were retired. I would not want to get up and waste the hours in the day. Like your kids, I'd like to have a kind of schedule of things that I want to do. I used to do that, but got away from it. Sounds like you've been having fun with your "Dirty" cards. I'm a Fan Club member, but seldom even go and look at them anymore. I think CAS cards are so hard. I'm so used to using lots of embellishments and flowers on my cards, that when I can't use them, I have a hard time.

No steroid shots. They want to check for nerve damage. I still haven't heard from anyone about when the appointment is going to be. I called yesterday and left a message. I guess I'll call again on Monday. I also have an appointment with my primary doctor on Monday for my annual physical. The oral NSAID's (Ibuprofen) is really not doing anything for my pain. I actually tried the Pennsaid on my low back this morning to see if it would help that pain, but I don't think I noticed any big difference.

Sorry that the bunnies ate your rose bush. Are they wild bunnies? I guess you yard is not fenced? I've had a possum visiting again. Last night it was able to open the container that I had cat food in eat a bunch of it. I need to find a container that is possum safe.

I agree about the PT. It's not a fun thing and they don't believe in coddeling you.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:43 PM   #5344
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Lookie who I found on my deck this morning! He was out there among the birds, along with one chipmunk and a squirrel, who were trying to get into the bird feeders!

Yesterday was repair day! They did fix my windshield and the garage door. The door guy did check the other two doors and found a broken spring in one and replaced that too, along with lubricating all three and testing--YAY! Then, I noticed water below the kitchen sink and called our plumber. Before he called back, I realized it was pouring out of the bottom of our garbage disposal, so when I talked to him, he knew that needed replacing. So--I went off to do a bunch of errands--stops at Home Depot, Costco, Ace Hardware, Office Depot and other grocery shopping. I came home to a much quieter garage door and garbage disposal!!!!!!!

Today is craft day--all day!
Glad to hear that you got the repairs all done ad that you found that kitchen leak when you did and were able to get that fixed too.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:44 PM   #5345
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

FYI - I am going to be super busy today, getting ready for DS and his GF to arrive this evening. They will be here until Sunday afternoon, and DH, Brock and I leave early Monday morning for out-of-town meetings. So you won't be seeing me here again until mid-week next week.

Hope you have an awesome time with your family. Safe travels for your meetings.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:52 PM   #5346
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Hi firiends!

Shell, WTG on those challenges! I haven't made anything in a week or so - having crammed with card making 3 weeks ago, I'm finally posting and uploading them all. Whew! I'll have to go peek at your work!

Yep, it's hot here.

Like. Africa. Hot!

We leave for Disney World in just a few days - beyond excited! Dh has a conference and we are taking advantage, though spending just limited time at WDW due to the heat. And cost. LOL!

We plan to explore some of rural Florida we haven't seen before - like the Chipola River and Ginnie Springs! (yep, Florida has a wonderful variety of American Indian influence and namesakes). We'll be there long enough to enjoy the park(s) and take a couple of day trips to map off places on our "Florida bucket list"

Our daughters managed to get their work schedules switched/off so that we can all have dinner here Sunday. All 4 in the same place practically takes an act of Congress! We planned outdoor games and lots of good eats! Both dd21 and dd19 will have their boyfriends over as well and just heard my BIL and his gf will be here from Colorado so it's going to be a full house ♥

Doing the back to school shopping shuffle - uniforms, supplies, yadda yadda - UGH. Not my favorite time of year! My son shot straight up during the summer and all his pants look like 'high waters' and his socks come to his heels (rather than ankles) and how is this possible when I bought him all new clothes, socks, undies right before summer!??!! LOL!
I should have noticed when he told me his church shoes were 'snug'.

*waving to everyone!*
I'm sure you'll have a fun time on your vacation. I sometimes watch a show on BYU-TV called American Ride. It's hosted by Stan Elsworth who travels around the US making American History come alive. I love his show. Tonight he was talking about the "First Nation," the American Indians and the part I heard was about Geronimo. I think it was the Cherokees that he said went to Florida.

Sounds like a great time to have the whole family plus some at home on Sunday. I'm cooking dinner on Sunday also, but only my DD and DGS are coming. My SIL and DGS
DGD are going to the Shakespeare Festival and Miller Outdoor Theater. Since she works on Saturdays it's the only day they have to do. So I'll get to cook real food and for just the 3 of us although I'm sure there will be leftovers. I'm going to make baked chicken with Parmesan cheese potatoes, probably with Broccoli and cheese, salad, and fruit. Maybe brownies for dessert or ice cream sundaes.

I hear you about the school clothes. I used to hate going shopping with my girls. I was so happy when they were old enough to go do their own shopping. Of course, back then, they did not have uniforms, so it was regular clothing shopping.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:25 AM   #5347
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good to see you Maggie--and your supper tomorrow sounds awesome. Have a fun weekend!
Old 08-06-2016, 12:39 PM   #5348
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good to see you Maggie--and your supper tomorrow sounds awesome. Have a fun weekend!
Thanks Barb.

Got all the ingredients I need. I also found Thin Mints GS Brownies Mix that I'm going to make. Also Breyer's has a Thin Mint Ice Cream that I bought, so we'll have that too. The wife of one of our attorneys came by the office as I was leaving and she was telling us about a place that has Tofu frozen yogurt - no fat, non dairy. It was over by the grocery store I went to, so I stopped in there. I got 2 containers of that and 1 container of non fat chocolate frozen yogurt. So yummy. I'm going to send home one of the containers of the tofu yogurt for my DGD.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:40 PM   #5349
Quacker Stamper

Cleaned up the hutch this morning and found about 6 more babies.

Now I"m off the get the house cleaned up and maybe have some craft time later.
Old 08-06-2016, 02:03 PM   #5350
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello Ladies--I am checking in on a weekend as I am watching women's volleyball at the Olympics. I did watch the opening ceremonies last night, but did not make it to the end as I watched through 3/4 of the parade of nations. I did record it to see the ending, including the flame being lit, but the recording stopped at 11:00 and it was not over yet!

I had a couple of errands this morning and one was to stop at Gina K's new store in Greendale, a suburb of Milwaukee, about 30 minutes from me. It is called Village Paper and Ink, and is very, very cool. Home It is on a corner and has tons of huge windows and a boatload of product! I also chatted with Gina for a bit and she is just loving it too!

I hope you al enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Old 08-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #5351
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Waving hello!

Mom made it here- she LOVED her visit to Mass. She went with my sister and they visited my brother- she had the best time visiting the ocean, and has quite a few sea shells. She also came home with a puzzle- very intricate black and white floral pattern with mandalas too. It is the kind you color in after putting it together. There is one corner piece missing..... We will have to write in for replacement- they send an entire new puzzle.

I have an Aunt that was just put into hospice, so will most likely be traveling to Omaha next week, or shortly thereafter. We also got news that our friend with Pancreatic cancer has an obstruction in the liver and needs a stent. He was admitted to the hospital yesterday. Saying lots of prayers!

We worked on Mom's puzzle yesterday, then went out to eat with three other couples. It was really hot here during the day- Mom only could tolerate 1/2 mile walk due to the heat, but last night it was so nice we sat outdoors and it ws very enjoyable. We missed the Olympics opening ceremony....will enjoy watching the events. USA Beach Volleyball is on now- so cool!

We have 2 locals playing volleyball- one on the women's team and one on the mens.

Waving hello to all : )

Shelly
Old 08-08-2016, 06:49 AM   #5352
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Welcome to Monday! I am off to a card class at Sarah's, then a stop at a LSS to drop off a set of swap cards, and then home and more inkiness!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2016, 02:32 PM   #5353
Pearl-ExPert

Dropping in once again!
I'm a big Olympic watcher so that's what all I've done lately and will keep on doing until it's over with. Just amazing to watch. I did see the opening ceremony but wasn't overly impressed. Anyway, if I don't come around it doesn't mean I'm not here - just means I've got my nose glued to the TV. What's so funny is that I never, ever watch television at all (except for the Spurs of course).
Old 08-08-2016, 02:41 PM   #5354
Gabfest Goddess

Hello friends, I'm trying to get back into SCS {again}.

How is everyone? I keep you all in my prayers, figure that He knows what you need, even if I am out of touch.

Things are going ok here-up & down emotionally. Hard week coming up, 1 year since she fell on 8/17. Life sure has taken some strange turns the last 2 years.

Anyway, I'll try to not neglect your blogs (or mine) as much. I think that each part of my life that I force myself back in to helps me, you know?

Waving to everyone & {{Hugs}}

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:17 PM   #5355
SCS RAK Coordinator

I think I saw Darlene sneak in.........................
Old 08-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #5356
Quacker Stamper

So great to see you Darlene. I keep all my online and IRL friends and family in my prayers all the time. I very much believe in the power of prayer. Wish I could be there IRL to give you a big hug and help you through this month. I know it's going to be tough. How was your cabin retreat?

I had my annual physical today. My doctor said I had the blood pressure of a 30 year old and I looked great. Of course we don't have any of the results back from my tests yet. I'm always curious about my blood work. I probably won't get that until next week when I come back from Utah.
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:26 PM   #5357
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

I was able to make 42 cards for the DTGD challenge last week- seriously- crazy! If this is retirement, I am loving it : ) I have swaps and posts to do- so need to stamp more........

My Dad's sister- last living sibling- is in hospice and so I expect to be heading to Omaha for a funeral soon. She was never married and has no children, but has alot of connections thru church and all.

I am taking my Mom to Kankakee tomorrow night and she has a medication infusion for her Rheumatoid Arthritis. I maybe will bring some stamping with me- who knows.....Uh ohhh.....

Darlene- so nice to see you dropping in. Think of you often and keep you in prayers!

Maggie- hope you are felling better. Back pain is no fun! My back is on/off, but my neck is out of whack now. LOL I have meds to take that are keeping it under control, plus exercise.

Barb- I am jealous- looking forward to visiting Gina K's : ) Will have to take road trip soon.

Hi Lynn, what are your favorite events when watching the Olympics?

Kelly- safe travels!

Maxine- your weather posts make me realize so soon we will have that darn weather.... : (

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
barbaralynn, mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:42 PM   #5358
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends! Checking in before we hit the road, 5 am to be exact! Dh wants to beat the rush hour and maximize our getaway - work conference for him, playtime for us! We have a lot of day trips planned and WDW one of those days so ds and I are really looking forward to it
Between the Zika virus mosquitos and the deluge of rains we've been having, I'll be EXTRA glad to get out of Miami (more so than usual!)

Maggie - I'm jealous - 30 year old! I hope your blood tests all come out well.

Lynn - I love LOVE the Olympics and have watched on sporatically this year (loved the water polo between the USA and Spain today) due to time restraints. Hope you are feeling better.

Darlene - always a joy to see you stop in, and yes, prayers are always yours!

Shell - how wonderful you get to spend time with your mom ♥ You have really been card making up a storm!

Waving to Maxine, Kel, Kristi, Barb, Jeanette ........ hope I am not missing anyone. We return on Sunday so it will be awhile before I'm able to check in unless I can pop onto FB ♥

Hugs to all!
DT:  The Project Bin
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:30 AM   #5359
Gabfest Goddess

Morning everyone.
Maggie, good news about your health! Congrats on the 30 yo analysis!! I have a long-neglected physical at the end of August. It will be interesting to hear how I'm doing.

Kelly, suspect you are on the road by now. Enjoy and have a safe trip.

Shelly, I hope your trip with your Mom goes smoothly and her treatment is successful. Sorry to hear about your Aunt. I pray that she's comfortable and not suffering.

Wishing everyone a great day.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 08-09-2016, 07:25 AM   #5360
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Have a Terrific Tuesday!

Shelly--let me know when you make a Gina K road trip--I will meet you there. Maybe we can plan one next time Darlene is in my state!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.