Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-25-2016, 02:21 PM   #5281
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hilarious graphic, Kelly... I love it!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-25-2016, 04:14 PM   #5282
Mad Swapper

Hi girls

Love your graphic Kelly - here our schools have optional uniforms up to 11-12 years old, although more and more schools do enforce them now, and all secondary schools are uniformed. They are a mixed blessing I think, the uniforms that is!.

Jeanette I would love to be free of routine now DH is retired, but he thrives on it and lives by it too.... It's good to hear that Brock can cope with change and is not fazed by inconsistency. Unusual as it is - God knew that when He gave you Brock.

Barb that sounds like a lovely spot you are in - enjoy the food and relaxation while you can

Maggie I hope your foot is healing so you can start walking again. Hope you have got on top of the spider mite infestation.

Lynn - I love to see you here more regularly - I missed you when you couldn't get here.

Kel have you made time to find some roses yet?? hope the stay-cation was good.

Kristie I hope you are remaining well - this winter has not been good to you health-wise.

Shelly you really are so generous to work your last day later in the week 'cos they were short staffed. Enjoy your 'retirement', when you get there.

It's another wet and cold day here, although DD and I walked in light rain last night - I rally felt the benefits of last weeks walking as it was much easier to get around the Lake - there was only one spot that I felt the hill had got steeper!!

Waves from in the rain here down under
Old 07-25-2016, 04:16 PM   #5283

Maxine, way to go on the walking! I'm impressed! (That's a good routine.)

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-26-2016, 04:06 AM   #5284

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

FYI - we are heading out-of-state this morning... going to go help my dad celebrate his 86th birthday, which is tomorrow. I won't have my computer (nor internet) while I'm gone, so you won't see me here in the threads for a few days. We'll be home the end of the week. Then I'll leave again on the weekend for meetings out-of-town.

Do you see a pattern here? Come and go; go and come.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:05 AM   #5285
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Busy weekend with a family reunion on Ray's side today- dragged Mom along. It was OK because we were inside and they had fans going. Temp was 90 and very high humidity. It was a pot luck, food was good : ) Not enough sweets- No Chocolate. LOL.......... I have 3 more days of work- going in extra on Monday, they planned a pot luck as a farewell and then I noticed Thursday was low staffing, so switched Mon for Thurs. Friday cannot come soon enough. Maxine- snow? Someone just posted a FB post saying 17 more weeks for us till that time of year....- Oh bother! Love the idea of walking everyday- I am going to have to get into some type of routine like that. I was not hearing the greatest reviews of Finding Dori from friends. Lynn- I imagine it is interesting to see Austin now knowing what it was like before. When we were there, we drove from Dallas- the traffic w/construction was so bad! My niece and nephew were navigating us around, so only got lost once- that was when we arrived. Sounds like I need to go back for the view from that Restaurant! Barb- have a great visit to Austin, and hope you are refreshed for the golf outing on Friday. Maggie- wow- your plants have been alot of work- glad you have contained the spiders, and wow- so cool to find that many worms. I think it is so cool what you are doing- loved seeing the pics you posted a while back of the butterflies and the cage. Jeanette- bless Brock's heart. Bet the Christmas in July was hard for him to catch on to. Fun that he knows Christmas does not come until after the apple picking (and probably goodies made from apples too). Yum! Waving hello to all- Mom wants to go to bed.... Shelly
Glad you had a good time at the reunion. I can't imagine going to any family get together and there not be something chocolate among the desserts!Hope you enjoyed your little retirement party at work on Monday. I know it's not what you really want to have happen. I am a little envious though that you'll be able to be at home. I am looking forward to the day when I can leave here for the last time. I just hope that I can afford to do it when the time comes.After the last influx of 30+, it's slowed down again. I need to check my plants tonight and see if there are any more out there. I'm going to try to set out some of my milkweed plants where I want them planted and call Miguel to see if he will plant them when he comes to mow tomorrow.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 07-26-2016, 09:09 AM   #5286
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Hi girls! Made a mad dash for home after our multi-family bbq at the park got rained out - torrential rains! We got in a little time there before the monsoon hit. Had to take dd17 to work but luckily I missed the store as it hit after, and she'll be there for hours so no worries on going back out. It's typical for the summer in Florida - sunny one second, stormy the next! And our new-ish neighbors are having a party and have had music blaring all morning before and after we left without a single person being there - ROFL! We are wondering if they have that loud cuban music on for the palm trees! Lots of card making here but can't post due to upcoming DT posts and I keep running out of everything - trips to the local stores to restock! Sounds like everyone is doing well and just being busy. Cant' believe summer is almost over It starts in a month here! I told my son we are NOT going to be home - any time or day, we're going to make the most of what's left of summer ♥ Waving to all!
I can't imagine the rest of your neighbors not complaining about the loud music. It wouldn't happen in my neighborhood I know because I would complain. Sorry, but I think that is very rude. I have a few cards that I need to photo and upload to my blog before I have to do my DT one on the 31st. Where does the time go?
Old 07-26-2016, 09:11 AM   #5287
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts! Where did the weekend go??? YAY! Maggie is in the house.... loved reading all your posts! So glad the new cleaning lady did a good job and you got to play while she worked! Shelly, hmmmmmmmmm... one is supposed to make goodies with apples? Shucks. All I do is peel them (otherwise DH won't eat them) and serve apple wedges with meals. (I cannot stand a cooked apple of any sort!) Maxine, oh my... I must be insane, because there is little routine in my life. LOL! Brock actually copes quite well with change, unusual for those with autism... but good that he does! Kelly, were the palm trees dancing to the music? Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
You're so sweet Jeanette. You always make me feel so welcome. No apple pie!!!!!!!! I think I could make and eat one all by myself. I do love baked apples, but rarely make them now with just me. Don't want to heat up the oven for just one apple. I do eat a raw apple every day.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:12 AM   #5288
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning from hot Austin--82 degrees, feels like 88, at 9:30 in the morning!!!!!!! I am sitting in the shade at the roof top pool right now, enjoying a bit of a breeze. A quick recap--the golf outing on Friday was good, and yes, it was hot!!!!! Our team actually won the outing--that was a surprise for all of us, but I did have great partners!!!! I won a couple of silent auctions and two of my team-mates won a hole prize--longest drive and closest to the pin. The prizes for those were unique--a choice of homemade pies and cakes that we donated by a friend of one of the organizers. So--we cut into a carrot cake that night after most people had left--yummy!!!!!! I did say I had great team-mates!!!!! We walked around the downtown Austin area a bit on Saturday afternoon and lots of walking yesterday--over 6 miles! We went to the LBJ library and that was very nice. Third presidential library I have visited. We had brunch yesterday at one of the local bbq restaurants and that was outstanding! I have no major plans today and we have dinner tonight with a vendor from the conference. I hope you have a great start to the new week!
Sounds like a fun time Barb! And congrats on all the wins!
Old 07-26-2016, 09:19 AM   #5289
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Waving to everyone - and Barb, do stay hydrated! Doesn't take long for those temps to sneak up on ya. Lotsa H20! I'm enjoying my Starbucks and chuckled at the middle school we were at this morning - absolutely clueless summer staff and I just know that paperwork we submitted will end up in the 'circular file' - LOL! Now we are on the hunt for finding uniforms since it's a new school, new uniforms ... cha-ching! I remember all of my schools you wore whatever you wanted, those days are long gone. Maggie - I thought I read somewhere that the swallowtail was fairly rare - might have read that in my son's butterfly garden (he's a Ranger now) or maybe from his botany N.E.S.T. classes at the local estate. Snow? Christmas? Yikes! I want to savor summer! *waving!*
I went to a parochial school from 1-12, so I was always in a uniform at school. Hated them! Not sure about the Swallowtails. I know that the Monarchs are endangered. Did you ever get your butterfly kit?
Old 07-26-2016, 09:23 AM   #5290
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts! FYI - we are heading out-of-state this morning... going to go help my dad celebrate his 86th birthday, which is tomorrow. I won't have my computer (nor internet) while I'm gone, so you won't see me here in the threads for a few days. We'll be home the end of the week. Then I'll leave again on the weekend for meetings out-of-town. Do you see a pattern here? Come and go; go and come. Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
LOL! Hope you have a safe journey and fun at the birthday party! Wow! 86!
Old 07-26-2016, 09:24 AM   #5291
Quacker Stamper

Very weird. I type my messages out in purple and they come out black. Wonder why it's not taking color today.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:24 AM   #5292
Quacker Stamper

I'm hoping that I can get back to walking and working out next week. My little pinkie toe seems to be doing much better although still a little sore. I think I'm going to cancel my Dr. appointment for it. It's a long drive from my office and there's nothing that he's going to do for it anyway.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #5293
Quacker Stamper

Almost forgot that I need to get my ATC swap done this week. Started working on them last night. I'm not sure if I want to do this every month. Since I'm going to be gone for a long weekend in August, I may skip that month.Busy week. A GF come by last night for a visit, I have dinner plans tonight with a GF from church and then I have another visit with a GF tomorrow night at her house. Thursday is Single Chicks. Trying to squeeze in everything else that I need to do.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:26 AM   #5294
Quacker Stamper

I think I have another possum coming to visit. This morning the plastic tote box where I keep the food on the patio had a huge hole chewed out of it with pieces of the plastic on the patio. It was about 2" high and 3" wide. I put some more duct tape over the hole and put a bunch of it in another plastic container. I need to find something that will keep them out of the food bins. Maybe these rain storms will flood them out of their burrow.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:52 PM   #5295
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Afternoon Ladies--I had a great day as I met a celebrity! I got to have lunch with Lydia--Understandblue--the queen of SCS! She picked me up at the hotel and took me to a cute restaurant called Dai Due. We chatted about many, many things for an hour and a half--we both had a great time! Thanks Lydia!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lydia in Austin 2.jpg (46.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 07-26-2016, 07:18 PM   #5296
Quacker Stamper

I heard on the news this morning that if you want free Windows 10 you have to download it before Friday. After that it's going to cost $119. Now it's crunch time. I have to decide if I want it or not.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:37 PM   #5297
SCS RAK Coordinator

Go for it Maggie. I have had it since it first came out and have not had one issue. Knock on wood!!!!
Old 07-26-2016, 08:04 PM   #5298
Mad Swapper

Grab it Maggie - I have had no problems - just a few operator issues on getting my head around it - it's not that hard as I got it sussed on my own - didn't have to call in the expert at all (Son in Law)
Old 07-27-2016, 08:08 AM   #5299
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--this is our last day in Austin. It is pouring right now and is to rain all day-so I am probably not leaving the hotel. Our flight leaves at 6:30 tonight and we will not be in Milwaukee until 11:30 or so. By the time we get home, it will be after 1:00 in the morning--yuck! Our friends from Colorado will be already at our house and tomorrow will be a loooooong day I am sure for both of us. Rebecca has to work and I will need to cut the grass as we have had rain a couple of days, do laundry and get ready for a cookout for 10 of us tomorrow night. Friday is the golf outing in Green Bay and we will leave the house before 7:00. So--this is probably the last check in on SCS until maybe Sunday or even Monday!
Old 07-27-2016, 06:33 PM   #5300
Pearl-ExPert

Somehow I got logged out of here. No idea but I'm back and still alive but not kicking too high. The old back finally cratered a few days ago so I've pretty much been moving from the bed to couch to recliner. It's doing a little better today so hopefully I'm on a roll with it now. Other than that, all is good!
Old 07-27-2016, 07:13 PM   #5301
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Somehow I got logged out of here. No idea but I'm back and still alive but not kicking too high. The old back finally cratered a few days ago so I've pretty much been moving from the bed to couch to recliner. It's doing a little better today so hopefully I'm on a roll with it now. Other than that, all is good!
I think that the upgrade that SCS did on Monday had something to do with the login / logout. I had to log in and a couple other of my friends did too. I'm having some other issues with SCS too that they are trying to figure out.Sorry about your bad back. I hope that you'll be able to be up and back to "normal" soon. No fun being laid up.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:24 PM   #5302
Quacker Stamper

My kitties almost had a new toy to play with. When I went in to take my shower, there was a small lizard (chameleon) in my tub!!!!! Yikes! Poor thing it couldn't get out. I don't know how it got in there in the first place unless somehow it came up through the drain pipe. Anyway, I went and got a pot with a lid to try to catch it, but it kept running all over the tub. I was afraid I wasn't going to get my shower, but then it kind of jumped and it was gone. I think it jumped back down the drain because I couldn't find it anywhere. I did keep a sharp eye out while I was showering so it didn't sneak up on me. LOL!
Old 07-27-2016, 09:07 PM   #5303
Mad Swapper

Hi girls - my phone version of SCS is not letting me comment, and has lost the log on tag on the group page, but my laptop has not changed....

Its wet again here, well, threatening to rain buckets within moments (just starting) and quite a bit cooler than it has been - a polar blast is upon us. I have managed a walk around the lake again - if DD can't make it, DH likes the break from the house and we drive there (all of one kilometer) and he sits in the car and waits... so I have been around four days in a row this week. I have not been b[out to the studio for days, but have picked up my big cross stitch again and am putting in about an hour a day - not that it is showing much change at this point.....

That sounds like quite a start to your morning Maggie, chasing the local livestock

You really are re-fired rather than retired Barb - enjoy your travels and social life.

Good to see you again Lynn and know that you are still popping in.

Anyone heard from Darlene since her holiday??

Hugs to you all from down under
Old 07-28-2016, 03:55 PM   #5304
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey girls - WHEW, it is HOT out there! We are roasting in this SoFla heat! I stopped in to Starbucks for the 2nd time today .. to get their Berry Sangria drink ...

it. is. to. die. for!!

Tuesday would have been my dad's birthday, and he left us 10 years ago. It was a horrendous day for me - not sure why. The past couple of years have been good but I about lost my mind this year. I was even pretty close to hysterical at points. Maybe it's the whole 'anniversary-10-year-thing" but whatever it was, it wasn't pretty. We miss him. He left us too soon. Sometimes life is unfair that way - but what wonderful memories we keep, right?!

I piled the kids in the car yesterday and took off for the beach. We stayed all day/overnight and I just had to collect myself! Something about the salt air, sand in ya toes, ocean breeze that brings us right back to peace and tranquility. We are BLESSED to live by the ocean!
Love me some salt life ♥

Back to reality - Barb, how fun to meet a 'celebrity!" My goodness, you travel like no one else I know! I think it's fabulous that you are active and adventurous! I hope your flight lands safely and your cookout goes well - not long before ya'll will have that "S" word!

Maggie - our neighborhood is mostly pretty chill! We love all the neighbors, except the ones right next door - LOL . They are fairly new and pretty standoffish - I think the wife has some sort of issues so we just all talk to each other except they don't. There is a noise ordinance until 11 pm so until then, it is rude and to be frank, I cannot STAND Cuban music! It makes my skin crawl. I can't wait to the day I sell this house and book it out of Miami

I have so much to catch up on today so I'll wave and send my love ♥
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 07-28-2016, 04:06 PM   #5305
Mad Swapper

Oh Kelly, that must have been a hard day - my Mum left us aged just 59, and I missed her terribly as my oldest was just 10 months old. It was a bit scary passing that birthday myself, and I don't feel I am now nearly 7 years older than she was....

How about we organise to swap some of your heat with our cold and rain??? Oh, and you can have the thunderstorms too
Old 07-28-2016, 06:44 PM   #5306
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

You all live exciting lives, traveling, lizards in the bathtub....hehehe

Kelly- I bet it will be hard to pass that day at 1 yr for Dad, and bet 10 yrs seems like just yesterday too! {HUGS}
My Dad came to a SIL in her dreams and told her he was happy and we should not be sad- that we should eat ice cream. Too funny, because he loved ice cream and insisted on eating it, but it would make him wheeze so badly, he would have to do nebulizer treatments after eating it.

Maxine- we have such high humidity with the heat, you would not wish to trade! He have very heavy thunderstorms thru the area today with lightening and wind.

Barb- so fun for you to meet a SCS celebrity- how awesome is that! Hope your plane landed and your cookout is going well. (as in, hope you are not having this rainy weather we are getting).

Lynn- dang back! Hope it gets better quickly.

We went to a baseball game last night- it was fun and had an exciting ending with a grand slam home run. We have a North side (Cubs) vs South side (White Sox) rivalry- so it was fun to see families where one was dressed in Cubs and the other Sox. the 4th game is tonight.... Sox are up 2-1 so far. The rest of my family are Sox fans somehow, so we banter back & forth - all in fun.... at least I think they do it to be funny....

Tomorrow is my last day of work. It will be emotional! Then we go to the airport to hand off Katies luggage- she is heading on to NY for a wedding. Have you ever heard of Rent the Runway? You rent dresses and then mail them back- instead of buying them.....I am going to look/see and maybe will do that for Chris' wedding.......

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Old 07-29-2016, 06:00 AM   #5307

Oh my Maggie, I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to take a shower again...... partly because I wouldn't have been brave enough to try to catch the lizard. EEK!

Kelly, (((HUGS))) - huge ones! Sorry the missing dad day was so very VERY difficult. (Though I can understand why it would be). I still struggle on September 3rd every year, and that date was over 35 years ago. I always try to keep myself VERY busy that day so I don't have time to think... but I also know not to schedule/plan anything that requires me to be very social. It's a strange experience.

Barb........... WOW! You were able to hang out with SCS royalty. Impressive! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip... hope things are going well now that you are back home!

Maxine, I'd share some heat with you, too. Our DS is coming to visit us in a few days... and he tells me the heat index at our house is supposed to be 115 degrees while he's here. Yikes! Maybe I should go visit him in Wisconsin instead.

Shelly, I am sure the last day is hard, but hopefully it will be the best decision for your health... and you will find ways to cope.

Lynn, Ouch! I hope the back feels better already, but if not, very soon!

Waving to everyone else!

We had a good/safe trip. Did get caught in an hour long sit and wait on the interstate in St. Louis (Illinois side). Yikes! There was a semi pulling a load of hay - caught fire. Huge black flames. We were close enough to watch the firefighters do their work.... as we waited for them to open the highway back up again. Thankfully, it sounds like the driver got out safely.

Here are some photos/information about the fire...

Hay truck fire shuts down eastbound I-64 in Fairview Heights | FOX2now.com

Today I'll be busy catching up here at home. I also hope to find some time to get inky. We got home about 10:00 last night, but I did manage to get the suitcases unpacked... so at least that is taken care of.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-29-2016, 03:57 PM   #5308
Pearl-ExPert

Eek on the lizard! They do have a way of getting in the house sometime. They're harmless but so quick that they always scare me for a second or two.

Kelly, big hugs to you! My dad passed away when my oldest daughter was a year old...43 years ago and he was so young and I lost my mom when I was 15 so yes, I know how you feel.

Jeanette, you're home.....but not for long? Yikes on the hay truck! Bet that was a big fire and a costly loss too!

Maxine, it's so hard to wrap my mind around winter type weather since it's so hot here. Stay warm though - and dry too!

Shelly, thinking about you today for that last day of work. I know you'll miss it. That sounds great about renting the dresses, etc. for the wedding. That's one of those things you always buy and then never wear again.

I graduated from the bed to the recliner today so guess that's a good sign on the back. Just a pain though to have to deal with when I have things that need to be done around here. Everything is rocking along good though. I guess no news is good news.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:54 PM   #5309
Mad Swapper

Good to hear you are improving Lynn - a painful back can be excruciating...

The weather here is now coming up from the South Pole, and there is a snow warning on the Desert Rd for the next three days - that's only about an hour or so south of us, and as the wind is a southerly, we are feeling it.

As to the humidity, I only said we would swap the warmth .

Kelly I heard on our news this morning that the Zika virus is now being spread by 'local' i.e. US mosquitoes in Florida - take care my friend .

Waving to keep warm from down under.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:22 PM   #5310
Watercolor Wizard

hugs all, just popping in as my brain switches gears from an english paper to a history paper! lol. my last post seemed to have disappeared, or maybe my brain is just malfunctioning and i can't find it!!

sending hugs to everyone, 2 weeks left of summer school thank goodness!! totally looking forward to ending these classes. such a pain in the butt. but it shaves off a full semester of classes so totally worth it, or at least that's what i keep telling myself!

hugs to everyone. i've gotta get this paper done (due in 2.5 hours!) and then reorganize myself for the weekend!!
Old 07-29-2016, 05:23 PM   #5311
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Grab it Maggie - I have had no problems - just a few operator issues on getting my head around it - it's not that hard as I got it sussed on my own - didn't have to call in the expert at all (Son in Law)
Ugh! I decided to go ahead and do it. They started last night about 8 PM and have been working on my main laptop ever since. The guy got it downloaded, but they haven't been able to get it installed yet. They've had to do a bunch of repairs on the laptop. Not sure what kind of issues they found, but he just got done doing a big repair and is trying to get it installed again.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:06 AM   #5312

Lynn, it sounds like you're making small steps to improvement! And yes, I'm home for a short visit.

Kel, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel on these classes... only two more weeks!

Maggie, I did it, too... downloading took most of the morning yesterday. It would get so far and then freeze up. I'd have to begin again. Then twice it finished but told me the installation had been unsuccessful and I needed to try again. Sheesh! Truthfully, I almost gave up and decided my older version of Windows was fine. LOL! But I persevered...... and am now running (and getting used to) Windows 10. So far, I'm liking it for the most part.

I hope you all have a fun-filled weekend, for sure! My weekend is going to be short. I leave tomorrow right after lunch. I have a meeting early Monday morning - 3 1/2 hours away from home. The good news is, I'll be able to have Starbucks and Chipotle while I'm gone those two days........... and might even make it to Michael's and/or Hobby Lobby, depending on how long the meeting lasts.

Obviously I won't be on SCS on Monday, so unless I slip back in here later today, I'll see you Tuesday!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-30-2016, 04:21 AM   #5313
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Lynn, it sounds like you're making small steps to improvement! And yes, I'm home for a short visit.

Kel, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel on these classes... only two more weeks!

Maggie, I did it, too... downloading took most of the morning yesterday. It would get so far and then freeze up. I'd have to begin again. Then twice it finished but told me the installation had been unsuccessful and I needed to try again. Sheesh! Truthfully, I almost gave up and decided my older version of Windows was fine. LOL! But I persevered...... and am now running (and getting used to) Windows 10. So far, I'm liking it for the most part.

I hope you all have a fun-filled weekend, for sure! My weekend is going to be short. I leave tomorrow right after lunch. I have a meeting early Monday morning - 3 1/2 hours away from home. The good news is, I'll be able to have Starbucks and Chipotle while I'm gone those two days........... and might even make it to Michael's and/or Hobby Lobby, depending on how long the meeting lasts.

Obviously I won't be on SCS on Monday, so unless I slip back in here later today, I'll see you Tuesday!

I hope you have a great trip Jeanette and can stop by your favorite spots.

Unfortunately or maybe not - my Asus computer would not take Windows 10. They tried until midnight last night (when the free upgrade offer expired) and still could not get it installed. I can't say that I'm disappointed. I'm not sure what the perks would be to be upgraded. They were able to upgrade my Dell. I don't see any difference between them really. The Dell still looks the same as my Asus.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:40 AM   #5314

Thanks Maggie.

That's strange about your computers and the upgrade.

Mine looks a great deal different (fortunately I'm finding most things already)........ but I was also operating on Windows 7 before so it was a much older version.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-30-2016, 04:46 AM   #5315
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Thanks Maggie.

That's strange about your computers and the upgrade.

Mine looks a great deal different (fortunately I'm finding most things already)........ but I was also operating on Windows 7 before so it was a much older version.
Glad that you are finding everything on your computer Jeanette. I'm on Windows 7 also and have always loved it so it's okay that I don't have 10 on this computer. One day I know I'll need a new one and it will come with 10.

Well, Operation Frostbite was an epic FAIL! I was all ready. Had the carrier right there with the top open. She came over to get some food. I picked her up and got her in the carrier and she became a She-Devil. She went ballistic and even though I had slammed the top down, she fought her way out of there. It's going to take some doing to do that again. I need to find something that will entice her and use the trap to get her in there. I'm so surprised that she didn't like the canned chicken food.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:49 AM   #5316

Oh dear... I'm sorry about Frostbite's escape. I guess she's determined.

I liked 7, too... but heard they'd soon stop supporting it, so decided I needed to change while 10 was free.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-31-2016, 06:23 PM   #5317
Insane Embellisher

Hi all, I caught up on the thread yesterday and then started my day and forgot to post!

I have been creating but not blogging, finally got my projects blogged tonight. Today we went to see the new Jason Bourne movie. It was awesome! We went to the new theater near us and they have all recliners. Quite comfy to watch a movie that way lol!

Not much else going on here. My cough is finally almost gone. I think I will try to get back on the elliptical this week. I tried once a few weeks ago and it was still too much. I feel like I can handle it much better now.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:39 AM   #5318
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Stamping Friends! Welcome to August! It feels good to be back in a routine again--as much as retirement is a routine.........................

Our trip back from Austin was OK--we were late leaving both Austin and Atlanta, but were only a few minutes late arriving in Milwaukee. We got home around 12:30 am and went right to bed. We had friends over Thursday night for a cookout to visit with our friends from Colorado. Friday was the golf outing in Green Bay and we had a great time. Saturday was catch-up day, cutting the grass, working in the gardens, trimming some shrubs and trees along with 5 loads of laundry! Sunday after church we went to the Madison Mallards baseball game with a bus load of people from the Humane Society. That was fun, though a bit warm in the stands!

I will spend some time in the stamp room today and I have a swap to organize and get the packages postal yet today! I hope you have a great Monday and the start to a new Month!
Old 08-01-2016, 02:01 PM   #5319
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello, dears! Trying desperately to catch up - in all areas!

Maggie, I'm sorry about your computer not getting the new install. That's one of the things that messed up my laptop - the new Windows 10. And then when we tried to go BACK to the old operating system {windows 8.1}, it was "outdated" that I would have had to pay the $70 to buy it and reinstall it again, and that was using the student discount version! Waaaaaht?! No thanks!
For some reason, it just wasn't compatible and caused a ridiculously confusing system override. I aren't that smart
Good luck with Frost-bite

Speaking of bites, YES! Maxine, you are correct and we are hearing to be cautious of the mosquitos now more than ever. They were always a nuisance! We stay covered up 24/7 from those nasty buggers. We went to the beach/trails the other day and there were also new 'alligators could live here' signs everywhere - funny how those are all popping up now at every state park. It's a shame it took a profound loss for the officials to take action.

We are humming along with the last weeks of summer! It's SO HOT here. I fear we will just pass out and die on our Disney trip next week. We wouldn't normally set foot in the parks at this time of year, but it's a free trip and we aren't looking a gift horse in the mouth! School starts in just 3 weeks and it will be here in a blink, so I'll be in and out - both my house and SCS!

I'm anxiously awaiting word from my dd21 who is in the last leg of her special ed studies and finishing her BA - she went to the college today with an appt with the advisor and it turns out they listed the wrong schools for them to TA! They have a list of schools in horrible areas - 2 hours away each drive. She didn't mind the schools, but the commute will be 4 hours a day and that's just not possible as she works full time AND has a full time college schedule! She's meeting with the dean as I type and we are on bended knee to see if there can be some resolution, otherwise, she loses not only an entire semester, but it will put her behind logistically at work, too

*waving to everyone!*
DT:  The Project Bin

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 08-01-2016 at 02:08 PM..
Old 08-01-2016, 06:03 PM   #5320
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh dear... I'm sorry about Frostbite's escape. I guess she's determined.

I liked 7, too... but heard they'd soon stop supporting it, so decided I needed to change while 10 was free.
Guess it just wasn't meant to be on this computer. I talked to the IT guy at work today and he uninstalled it from his home computer too. It wasn't compatible with his printer and since he doesn't use the home computer all that much, he decided just to go back to 7. I was thinking that if they had actually downloaded it that I could try it myself or have my IT guy try it, but it's not on my computer so I"m not going to worry about it now. When I need a new computer, I'll get it with that. Hopefully that will be awhile yet.

I need to e-mail the lady at the Humane Society and see what's up now. I did last Friday, but didn't hear anything from her today.