Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-19-2016, 07:40 PM   #5241
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post

Good Morning Ladies--it is a Monday and I am ready! I have a couple of errands to run and a humane society meeting tonight. I have another golf outing on Friday that is a memorial outing for a friend who lost her cancer battle last fall and it will benefit local cancer research. On Saturday we are heading to Austin, TX for roomie's conference for five days and I get to explore! It will be a busy week and I want to spent quite a bit of time in the stamp room to get ahead!
How fun. Wish I had the time to drive to Austin this weekend.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:43 PM   #5242
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning, friends!

Maggie, that breaks my heart I'm sure as a mama she will wonder where her kittens are but I've said it before, but it bears repeating, you are a blessing for all you do for those kitties ♥ Especially when you are still nursing injuries of you own!

Maxine - way to go on the walking! It's a start!

As you may have seen on da blog, we are home! I also managed to slice my foot the last hour we were there (ds dove under with his snorkle and found jagged natural coral rock) Not deep enough for stitches, probably MAYBE coulda had a butterfly but it's in the crease of the back of the toe and just rest and propping my foot up does the same trick. Am I sitting still ........ nope. Dd NEEDED to get to the stores today as she's about to have her Senior portraits - can't believe it. A senior! Yikes. She doesn't drive and her sisters are both working so yay me! At least it's right next to Starbucks so I can nurse my mystery - LOL!

Lots to do today so I'll wave at everyone and love seeing all the Jeanette, Barb, Kel, Shell chatter!
Well, she doesn't really seem to miss them at all, but she is hanging around her own mama. BTW, I've named her Frostbite.

Oh, ouch! I'm sure that really hurt a lot and probably still does. Can you walk on it. You are such a mom! Cut up foot and you let your DD drag you out shopping. Did you sit at Starbucks while she did the shoppoing?
Old 07-19-2016, 07:45 PM   #5243
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Checking in........
Kelly, sorry about the foot. Ouch!
Maxine, sounds like it's getting cold and you're more than welcome to ship some of that to Texas.
Maggie, so sorry about the kittens. Sad.
Barb, have fun in Austin. There's tons of stuff to do and see there.
Shelly, I know you'll miss working but this is for the best I'm sure or they wouldn't have recommended it.
Jeanette, can't remember if you're coming or going.......?
Everyone else - waving Hi!

All is ok and the same here. My daughter and her girls came this weekend which was wonderful. We shopped til we dropped - for the girls of course. A 16 and 11 year old DO know how to shop for clothes. Went to one of the largest malls in the city (153 stores) and I swear the only ones we didn't go in and try on clothes and shoes were Tiffany and Rolex! LOL! Good time but sure wore this old lady out.
Computer issues are coming along I guess. Learning and also frustrated a lot too. I had a long conversation with the computer guru this morning and he was saying that Blogger is the worst thing you can go into. Popups embedded all over and so many of the blogs are full of virus. Scary!
Glad to see you hear Lynn and glad that you are getting out with the girls even if they are dragging you around to every store in creation!

I have never (knock on wood) had any trouble with my Blogger. Sorry that you are still.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:47 PM   #5244
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi Lynn - great to see you here

That's a bit scary about blogger as I use it for my blog, and visit heaps of blogs - so far I have not been hit with a virus - I do have Norton and keep it up to date, and alsp have Ad Block Plus (a freebie) which minimizes that sort of stuff too.

Can you please send some warm - it's overcast after a frost this morning, and snowing a couple of hours down the road so as bleak and cold as....

Hugs to you all from down under
Yikes on the snow! It's so funny to be talking about snow when it it 97 degrees here. We had a rain shower this afternoon which lowered the temp down to 89, so a little cool spell.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:50 PM   #5245
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Wahoo- Lynn is in the house- Yeah : } I have not had any issues with Blogger with the anitvirus on. That is interesting to hear.

My pop-ups come from FB! I pop on there alot lately- family is on there to chat about Mom.....with 7 of us, it is kinda nutty. SIL is having surgery, and everyone wants Mom at their house. I am in charge of when she is where- one sis called today and wants to take her with for a vacation out east 7/30- for a week. She has to fly per her PCP D/T her heart arrhythmia, so.... I personally would have had that planned out by now.......

Stephi was back from the Great Lakes Relays today- she was on a team with friends from college- they have 5 boys and 5 girls on each team, so it was great for her to see friends. She will leave in about 4 weeks for Virginia.

Waving hello to all- fun to see the chatter, and Maxine- that walking will be great- you will see some beautiful sunsets from the way it sounds!

Shelly
I know you're glad to have Stephi back for a little while before she goes off again. How did she do in the relay?

It is nice that all the family want to have time with your Mom, but you're right that they need to plant things way in advance.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:52 PM   #5246
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Stopping in to say hi!

Hey - Lynn in the house! And ditto - when my daughter's are out and about, I'm huffing and puffing to keep up with them. If it's not a potty break, it's a sit down break while they are practically jogging, LOL! Glad you had a fun visit and were able to spend time with them! Yikes on blogger - I've heard the same thing. My IT BIL said STOP BLOGGING!!! So. many. times.

Shel - family is the BEST ...... I'm glad you get to chat with them, even long distance!

Heading to the jr high this afternoon to get my son's paperwork all squared away - school starts in a month! Yikes! It will be a chaotic year ahead - my daughter's Senior year and he is moving on to middle school, which will be grueling and difficult. I don't think I'll be too crafty by the Fall. They already informed us of a trip to New York, Atlanta, Washington DC and possibly California. Yikes twice!
Wow! Senior year and Middle School. What milestones they are. Wow! What are all those trips for? Sounds like lots of fun. Do you get to go chaparone?
Old 07-19-2016, 07:57 PM   #5247
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I know this is a shock to see me here two days in a row! I thought I'd pop in though since Jim is napping and I'm recouping from a fun filled morning at the grocery store. Always an experience you know.

It really is scary about Blogger and I can't even begin to tell you how close I am to not blogging anymore. I've been like this before but never this bad. I feel bad when I post and then don't have the time to comment and get frustrated with that feeling. I still love making cards and really enjoy seeing everyone's creations though. Just not a good feeling at all for some reason. Does anyone else feel this way from time to time?

Kelly, that's amazing that you have another graduation coming up. Where does all the time fly! Seems like yesterday you were going though your first daughters graduation! Yikes!
Maybe you should use a different format instead of Blogger. I know there are a few - Typepad is one and I know there's another one that is used a lot, but I can't remember what it's called. If you're on SCS a lot, you can always use use your gallery to post your cards.

I just try to do my commenting on one certain day - usually Sunday, but sometimes stuff happens and I don't get to do that either. It's all good. Don't fret about it.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:05 PM   #5248
Quacker Stamper

I've been outside working for the last several days. I got an infestation of spider mites in my milkweed plants. I looked up about that and it said to cut off the parts with the webs and put them in a sealed bag before tossing in the trash. They were in most all of my plants that I had planted in my garden. Saturday morning I went and bought a bunch of 4" pots and then went back and got some more. Most of them I repotted into gallon pots for the hutch, but I have about 16 that I need to stick in the ground. It took me all afternoon and into the evening to look at every plant I have either potted on in the garden and then trim them all back to take off the spider mites. It was a good thing to do though because I found 29 baby caterpillars and since then have found a bunch more and now have at least 40. I thought I was all done. All the ones I had before have all moved into their chrysalis form so now I"m starting over.

Tomorrow night is my turn at the Family History Center. I hope we have people coming so I'll have something to do. I'll probably take the stuff that I'm working on just in case.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:24 AM   #5249
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

UGH! Sorry about the spider mites, Maggie!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 07-20-2016, 07:18 AM   #5250
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

It would have been fun to meet you!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
How fun. Wish I had the time to drive to Austin this weekend.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:19 AM   #5251
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Hump Day Wednesday!!!!!
Old 07-20-2016, 09:10 AM   #5252
Pearl-ExPert

Thought I'd give everyone a real shock and come back today too! LOL!!!!

Yikes on the spider mites Maggie. We get them on tomato plants sometime and they're a real problem and one that's hard to get rid of without harming all the good insects and bugs that get on plants.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:59 PM   #5253
Mad Swapper

Yay Lynn is here again - whoopee - love seeing you calling in here Lynn.

DD had to cancel the walk tonight, so I went out this afternoon and did 25 minutes around the local streets - I am now feeling virtuous - for 5 minutes. DD had to stay late at work as she and the family are doing a snow trip tomorrow - they can keep it! We took our two a couple of times, but I really can't understand the fascination with it.

We took the three grandies to see Finding Dory this morning - DH saw the whole film - I had two toilet trips and then two of them had had enough and wanted home, so I had to wait for their parent to come and collect them....

You really are a wonderful caterpillar keeper Maggie - those spider mites sound terrible - thankfully we don't have them here.

Hope your foot is healing cleanly Kelly

Shelly the countdown is really on for you now - I hope you enjoy the time preparing for the wedding without the pressure of work

Jeanette I pray your follow-up appt goes well.

Barb your life sounds really busy - I am amazed that you find time to craft some days

Waving from a sunny down under
mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:37 AM   #5254

Hi Barb... ummmmmmmm... you call THAT a Wednesday morning greeting???!!!?!?!?

Lynn, another sighting! WOW!! I'm loving it!

Maxine, yes, I survived the third/final meeting........ but had a massive headache when I got home, so I took a nap. Sorry you didn't get to see the entire movie. Did DH like it???

Today is Christmas - I'm hosting a Missions Christmas in July meeting tonight. I think it will be lots of fun!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:16 AM   #5255
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! It is to be very hot here today--high 90's with heat index of 105. That is for today and tomorrow, and I have a golf outing tomorrow too.......... Will be warm out there! Then we leave very early Saturday morning for Austin and it is hot there too! I am taking my laptop, so when roomie is in meetings, I plan to spend some time online. We get back late, late Wednesday night and will have our friends from Colorado here waiting for us. We are having some other friends join us for supper next Thursday night and then Friday we are all heading to another golf outing in Green Bay. This is the one I have mentioned in the past as one of my college roomies started it 5 years ago. It supports ovarian cancer and Connie passed away a few months after the first outing. So--lots going on a bit of traveling for the next week or so. When August 1st comes, it will be back to normal, what ever that is................
Old 07-22-2016, 04:13 AM   #5256

Barb, I hope your weather cooperates for today's golf outing. It's starting to storm here.

Funny story about last night's Christmas in July meeting - I had not told Brock there was a Christmas theme. He just knew we were going to "Dad's Office" for a "meeting" and there would be "FOOD!" He walked in ahead of me and when I got to the meeting room, Brock was right in front of the tree - about 5' away - just staring at it with this really confused look on his face. When he heard me come, he turned to me and said he wanted to go to the apple orchard and pick apples. LOL! See, he knew it couldn't possibly be time for a Christmas tree because we hadn't picked apples yet. That's the next "big" traditional thing we will do in any given year.

That being said, Brock enjoyed Christmas in July - lots of cookies and other goodies!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-22-2016, 06:20 AM   #5257
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy, Happy Friday! We had two storms roll through yesterday and got almost an inch of much needed rain! However, that will make the humidity way high today and we are to have temps in the 90's anyway. I am guessing it will be a bit warm on the golf course today!

I will probably not be online again until probably Monday--so I am wishing everyone a good weekend--stay cool and have fun!
Old 07-22-2016, 06:51 AM   #5258
Pearl-ExPert

Barb, have fun in Austin this coming week but be prepared for a hot one. Don't know about there but we're suppose to be 101 plus all week long! We're not too far from there so I'm sure they'll have about the same kind of weather. Hot! If you get a chance while you're there, check out The Oasis! Fantastic place. Like a three or four (maybe more) tier restaurant overlooking Lake Travis. Gorgeous place to be to see the sunset. If you like BBQ, go to Salt Lick. Yummy! There's so much to do all over Austin. The Capital is beautiful and I think they still have tours. Also LBJ Library if you like history. 6th Street is sorta like one LONG party if you like that type of thing too. I could go on and on.......but hope you find some things you enjoy doing and have fun.

Jeanette, how fun that was for Brock and Christmas. Yes, he's right though....gotta pick apples first!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:07 AM   #5259

Barb, have fun and try to stay cool today!

Lynn, WOW! So many nice tips about visiting Austin. Now I want to go, too!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-23-2016, 03:18 PM   #5260
Pearl-ExPert

The only reason I know abut Austin is because I grew up about 30 minutes from there. Things have changed so much over the years though and it's more like one huge traffic jam Growing too fast for my slow pace. LOL!

Shelly, I guess you're already "retired" now. Hope you're enjoying yourself and your health improves.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:06 PM   #5261

Lynn, my BIL and SIL used to live in Austin, but we never went to visit. They now live in Virginia.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-23-2016, 06:26 PM   #5262
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

UGH! Sorry about the spider mites, Maggie!

They are a real mess. I found a few more today and had to cut them off the stems. I hope I don't get a lot more. I guess I need to check the plants every day to make sure they're not getting so bad again.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:27 PM   #5263
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

It would have been fun to meet you!!!!
Likewise. Maybe next time if you get this way again. Hope you're having a fun time!
Old 07-23-2016, 06:28 PM   #5264
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Thought I'd give everyone a real shock and come back today too! LOL!!!!

Yikes on the spider mites Maggie. We get them on tomato plants sometime and they're a real problem and one that's hard to get rid of without harming all the good insects and bugs that get on plants.
What I read for the milkweed was to cut the part off that had the mites and put it in a baggie, seal it and put in the trash.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:30 PM   #5265

Maggie, yuk about the pests!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-23-2016, 06:31 PM   #5266
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi Barb... ummmmmmmm... you call THAT a Wednesday morning greeting???!!!?!?!?

Lynn, another sighting! WOW!! I'm loving it!

Maxine, yes, I survived the third/final meeting........ but had a massive headache when I got home, so I took a nap. Sorry you didn't get to see the entire movie. Did DH like it???

Today is Christmas - I'm hosting a Missions Christmas in July meeting tonight. I think it will be lots of fun!

How fun! Christmas in July. I celebrated it too by making a Christmas card today. It's not completely finished, but just about.

I think I must be the only person in the US who hasn't seen Dory yet.
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:33 PM   #5267
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Barb, I hope your weather cooperates for today's golf outing. It's starting to storm here.

Funny story about last night's Christmas in July meeting - I had not told Brock there was a Christmas theme. He just knew we were going to "Dad's Office" for a "meeting" and there would be "FOOD!" He walked in ahead of me and when I got to the meeting room, Brock was right in front of the tree - about 5' away - just staring at it with this really confused look on his face. When he heard me come, he turned to me and said he wanted to go to the apple orchard and pick apples. LOL! See, he knew it couldn't possibly be time for a Christmas tree because we hadn't picked apples yet. That's the next "big" traditional thing we will do in any given year.

That being said, Brock enjoyed Christmas in July - lots of cookies and other goodies!

That is so funny that Brock wanted to go pick apples before he had Christmas. I guess it is a little confusing. Yeah for food. That always makes a party!
Old 07-23-2016, 06:35 PM   #5268
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning Ladies--Happy, Happy Friday! We had two storms roll through yesterday and got almost an inch of much needed rain! However, that will make the humidity way high today and we are to have temps in the 90's anyway. I am guessing it will be a bit warm on the golf course today!

I will probably not be online again until probably Monday--so I am wishing everyone a good weekend--stay cool and have fun!
We had a little shower Sunday and Monday and then nothing. We're supposed to get more rain starting on Monday, so I am looking forward to that to help my plants grow. I hope I can have some planted by then.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:36 PM   #5269
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Barb, have fun and try to stay cool today!

Lynn, WOW! So many nice tips about visiting Austin. Now I want to go, too!

Love your cute picture today!

Why don't you all go to Austin and I'll come up and meet you!
Old 07-23-2016, 06:39 PM   #5270
Quacker Stamper

Gosh it's been a busy week. I was hoping to go see a show today, but that didn't work out. The cleaning lady came at 9 this morning and was here for 5 hours! I didn't think it would take her that long, but she REALLY cleaned. She cleaned up on the tops of things like door jambs and my bookcase. I think she dusted and wiped down cabinets and such for about 2 1/2 hours alone. I don't see that it should take her that long every time. She actually moved things around to do the floors. The kitties have 3 big items in my computer room that they can climb on and sleep in and on and she moved all those. She got under the sofas with the vacuum to get the dust and cat hair. I was impressed. FINALLY! I must say though that she does this for a living. She works for a cleaning company that cleans the Exxon Mobil office building for her day job and then cleans people houses on the weekend.

It was nice because I got to watch TV and do some stamping while she worked. I was going to run my errands while she was here cleaning, but I thought maybe I should stay in case she had some questions about stuff on her first time here. So I didn't get out to the nurseries or to the grocery store until 3 PM. Let me tell you! I am NEVER going to the grocery store again at that time of the day. The traffic was a nightmare and I didn't really even need much, but I did need to get the few things that I went for.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:43 PM   #5271
Quacker Stamper

It has been so hot here. It's bad just to walk outside. Our temps have been around 97-98, but our heat index is up to 105-110 with the humidity. I've had to be out a lot this week taking care of all these caterpillars. Most of them have grown enough to make their Chrysalis. Out of about 35-40, I only have about 10 that are still eating. You would not believe how many plants I bought just last Saturday and they ate through all of them by today. I went to both my nurseries today and got a bunch more. I need to transplant some into gallon pots and get some of them planted. While I was at one place he only had the 4" pots of the Milkweed so I asked him if he had any of the gallon size. He did have some Swamp Milkweed which has pink flowers on them, so I got 2 of those. I have been wanting to get some to try out and see if my Monarchs liked them but was waiting until after this season was over so I'd have them for the Spring, but I decided to get 2 and plant them in the garden.

Oh, and one night this week I had a Black Swallowtail come visit me and dance around my yard. It was here for a long time. Not sure why because I don't have anything in my yard that it likes, but next Spring I'm going to make some space in my garden for plants that they like and see if I can attract some of those to my yard too. They don't need a hutch, so I hope they'll be okay outside.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:44 PM   #5272
Quacker Stamper

I did get to have lunch with my sis on Wednesday. It's our half/birthday lunch which should have been back in April, but she was away and we just never could get together. It was nice though. I was able to give her copies of all the research information I've gotten from the Ancestry Seekers group that I've had working on finding my dad's ancestors and she gave me half of what it cost me so far. We have them doing a deeper search for great grandmother's family. I hope we get some good news about her people.

Off to shower and clean up. I haven't even eaten dinner yet and it's almost 9 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 07:27 PM   #5273
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Busy weekend with a family reunion on Ray's side today- dragged Mom along. It was OK because we were inside and they had fans going. Temp was 90 and very high humidity. It was a pot luck, food was good : ) Not enough sweets- No Chocolate. LOL..........

I have 3 more days of work- going in extra on Monday, they planned a pot luck as a farewell and then I noticed Thursday was low staffing, so switched Mon for Thurs. Friday cannot come soon enough.

Maxine- snow? Someone just posted a FB post saying 17 more weeks for us till that time of year....- Oh bother! Love the idea of walking everyday- I am going to have to get into some type of routine like that. I was not hearing the greatest reviews of Finding Dori from friends.

Lynn- I imagine it is interesting to see Austin now knowing what it was like before. When we were there, we drove from Dallas- the traffic w/construction was so bad! My niece and nephew were navigating us around, so only got lost once- that was when we arrived. Sounds like I need to go back for the view from that Restaurant!

Barb- have a great visit to Austin, and hope you are refreshed for the golf outing on Friday.

Maggie- wow- your plants have been alot of work- glad you have contained the spiders, and wow- so cool to find that many worms. I think it is so cool what you are doing- loved seeing the pics you posted a while back of the butterflies and the cage.

Jeanette- bless Brock's heart. Bet the Christmas in July was hard for him to catch on to. Fun that he knows Christmas does not come until after the apple picking (and probably goodies made from apples too). Yum!

Waving hello to all- Mom wants to go to bed....

Shelly
Old 07-23-2016, 11:06 PM   #5274
Mad Swapper

Hi Everyone - good to see lots of chat going on here - I wasn't that impressed with Finding Dory either, so it did not really bother me to miss some of it.

I have made two cards this afternoon, and another four ATC sized scripture cards for the church 'birthday basket'.

Shelly you will love retirement - I do, although we keep busy!! We have a grandie with us for three mornings this week, arriving at 7:00a.m. and then taking him to school... and yes, we are in for a polar blast overnight tonight, so who knows, we may even get some snow here - not that it sits around for long.

Both the young families went down to Mt Ruapehu for a day trip on Friday and had a blast - the kids loved the snow.

Maggie I cannot image heat like that, plus humidity - your butterflies sound wonderful - I saw your photo of the Swallow Tail on FB.

Jeanette I can imagine Brock's confusion - after all life has it's routines, and that is what keeps life sane .

Barb you do live life to the full - sounds like a busy weekend!!

Lynn it is good to see you back again - how are you and Jim??

Waving to you all from down under
Old 07-24-2016, 10:50 AM   #5275
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi girls! Made a mad dash for home after our multi-family bbq at the park got rained out - torrential rains! We got in a little time there before the monsoon hit. Had to take dd17 to work but luckily I missed the store as it hit after, and she'll be there for hours so no worries on going back out. It's typical for the summer in Florida - sunny one second, stormy the next!

And our new-ish neighbors are having a party and have had music blaring all morning before and after we left without a single person being there - ROFL! We are wondering if they have that loud cuban music on for the palm trees!

Lots of card making here but can't post due to upcoming DT posts and I keep running out of everything - trips to the local stores to restock!

Sounds like everyone is doing well and just being busy. Cant' believe summer is almost over It starts in a month here! I told my son we are NOT going to be home - any time or day, we're going to make the most of what's left of summer ♥

Waving to all!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 07-25-2016, 04:12 AM   #5276

Where did the weekend go???

YAY! Maggie is in the house.... loved reading all your posts! So glad the new cleaning lady did a good job and you got to play while she worked!

Shelly, hmmmmmmmmm... one is supposed to make goodies with apples? Shucks. All I do is peel them (otherwise DH won't eat them) and serve apple wedges with meals. (I cannot stand a cooked apple of any sort!)

Maxine, oh my... I must be insane, because there is little routine in my life. LOL! Brock actually copes quite well with change, unusual for those with autism... but good that he does!

Kelly, were the palm trees dancing to the music?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-25-2016, 08:07 AM   #5277
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning from hot Austin--82 degrees, feels like 88, at 9:30 in the morning!!!!!!! I am sitting in the shade at the roof top pool right now, enjoying a bit of a breeze. A quick recap--the golf outing on Friday was good, and yes, it was hot!!!!! Our team actually won the outing--that was a surprise for all of us, but I did have great partners!!!! I won a couple of silent auctions and two of my team-mates won a hole prize--longest drive and closest to the pin. The prizes for those were unique--a choice of homemade pies and cakes that we donated by a friend of one of the organizers. So--we cut into a carrot cake that night after most people had left--yummy!!!!!! I did say I had great team-mates!!!!!

We walked around the downtown Austin area a bit on Saturday afternoon and lots of walking yesterday--over 6 miles! We went to the LBJ library and that was very nice. Third presidential library I have visited. We had brunch yesterday at one of the local bbq restaurants and that was outstanding! I have no major plans today and we have dinner tonight with a vendor from the conference.

I hope you have a great start to the new week!
Old 07-25-2016, 08:31 AM   #5278

Hi Barb... WOW! Sounds like you're doing okay, having fun - in spite of the heat. Good to see you!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-25-2016, 08:53 AM   #5279
SCS RAK Coordinator

It is good to be seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2016, 09:41 AM   #5280
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving to everyone - and Barb, do stay hydrated! Doesn't take long for those temps to sneak up on ya. Lotsa H20!

I'm enjoying my Starbucks and chuckled at the middle school we were at this morning - absolutely clueless summer staff and I just know that paperwork we submitted will end up in the 'circular file' - LOL!

Now we are on the hunt for finding uniforms since it's a new school, new uniforms ... cha-ching! I remember all of my schools you wore whatever you wanted, those days are long gone.

Maggie - I thought I read somewhere that the swallowtail was fairly rare - might have read that in my son's butterfly garden (he's a Ranger now) or maybe from his botany N.E.S.T. classes at the local estate.

Snow? Christmas? Yikes! I want to savor summer!

*waving!*
DT:  The Project Bin