Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-13-2016, 01:02 PM   #5201
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Its. beach. day!!!!

We've actually been ready to go for a bit now but dd/her bf wanted to come along and get off work at noon today - so we're holding for a bit!

YAY for Kel on the grades! Staycations are wonderful, too Sometimes it's nice to just get out and not have to cook and clean and chase (or drive around in my case) kids! Enjoy!

Maggie - I'm sure your vegan meal are wonderful! How sweet of you to make it for her, even though it's not your normal diet. I don't think I could ever be vegan, she's very dedicated! Being vegetarian in a family of carnivores is hard enough

Maxine - safe travels to the eye doctor and keep us posted on how he's doing. Hopefully the rain will pass!

Hi Jeanette - early. bird. gets. the. worm. You win!

Waving to all - I'll make some sandcastles for you! ♥
I guess it's good because she really appreciates that I do make meals for her and the rest of the family like them too, so it's not a big deal to make, just finding something that is not always pasta and veggies.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-13-2016, 01:03 PM   #5202
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
YAY! I won!!! I wonder what PRIZE Barb is going to send me???????????????
????????
Old 07-13-2016, 01:05 PM   #5203
Quacker Stamper

I put together a new book list for our book club yesterday. Right now there are 25 books on it. I need to send it out so we can decide which ones we want to read. I'm reading a lot more on my own these days. Just finished up a good one - true life novel called The Boy Who Said No. It's about a young man drafted into Castro's army right at the start of the takeover down there and his escape to the US. There is a sequel to it called Stalked. I just got that one after finishing up the 1st one. I really liked the first one. I've also finished reading Rosa's Gold and A Wilder Rose recently. We had to pick a book for August and one of the ladies suggested Defending Jacob so we are going to read that one. Out group is about split half and half with the kind of books that we like to read. Sometimes I don't read all of the books that they pick. They are okay, but not my usual read.
Old 07-13-2016, 02:35 PM   #5204
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Maggie, it's so good to see your posts! I miss you when you're quiet.

That's ridiculous about the counter top. (said while stomping my foot for emphasis!)

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:57 PM   #5205
Mad Swapper

Maggie I think I would "call in the connection" if they mess you around any more - from here it sounds as though you used that firm because of the connection with your boss...... am I right?
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:32 PM   #5206
Mad Swapper

Hi girls - we survived the trip - the worst of the weather was overnight, and we only had one patch of really heavy rain, not long after we left this morning.

DH's (good) eye is stable at the moment , so it will be another 10 weeks before we have to go back to eye clinic for an injection, and this time we seem to have overcome the problems that were causing him so much pain afterwards, and sending us up to the local ED.

Will pop back later to chat... gotta go and make a cuppa
Old 07-14-2016, 01:22 AM   #5207
Mad Swapper

Yay to Jeanette winning a prize from Barb you go girl!!! I don't know how you cope on so little sleep. Thankfully I can manage about 8 hours most nights -

Barb I hope you had a great time in the stamp room, and are happy with the outcomes.

Kelly it was good to see you - glad to know that you have not yet drowned in S/B's!!

Maggie I love that you get cross when you are busy at work and can't do your research

Waving to you all - from a rather frigid next few days as we have a blast coming up off the Antarctic ice shelf, so we will be cold, and peppered by showers for the next few days. Not good for the washing or pruning - but very good for studio time Got to look on the bright side.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:23 AM   #5208

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maxine, I'm glad to hear DH's eye is stable now. Praying he keeps improving! And yes, I'm excited about the prize from Barb......... IF she remembers to send it. You know she's quite forgetful... due to being older-than-dirt.

FYI - We are leaving town early tomorrow morning (all 3 of us) - going out of town for a meeting that will take most of the day. So you might not see me tomorrow.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:42 AM   #5209
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Ladies--did you miss me yesterday??????? We had a golf outing yesterday an hour and a half away, so I did not get online in the morning. It was a fun day, but quite hot on the course. We got home around 9:00, so no time then either.

Nothing on the agenda today, so all day in the stamp room and I hope to swap out the Whipper Snapper/Penny Black cards today too! Have a Terrific Thursday!
Old 07-14-2016, 08:19 AM   #5210

Barb, we missed you posting Smoochy!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-14-2016, 01:08 PM   #5211
Mad Swapper

Good Friday morning girls 😃

Jeanette the most DH can hope for with his eyes is stability, unless there's a miracle, and I don't discount them!

Waving from a foggy morning here down under.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:19 PM   #5212
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI girls! Just finished a card for tomorrow and while it dryed, got dinner on for the ones that are home We had beach day again today but just for 2 hours or so .... we have umbrellas and shade and SPF 500 but still .,

It's. Hot. Out. There!

Maxine, come on down and sit a spell under the palm trees by the ocean - no more foggy mornings ♥ I'm continuing to keep dh in prayer. As someone who's eyesight is getting worse each year, that worries me greatly. Hugs ♥

Maggie - arm, toe ...... you need to heal and let your body rest, my friend!

I bet Barb is hoarding Smoochy the same place as your prize, Jeanette!

We are leaving for the Keys tomorrow so I will see you lovelies on Saturday evening sometime if I don't see you in the morning!

x0x0
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 07-14-2016, 06:04 PM   #5213
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi girls - we survived the trip - the worst of the weather was overnight, and we only had one patch of really heavy rain, not long after we left this morning.

DH's (good) eye is stable at the moment , so it will be another 10 weeks before we have to go back to eye clinic for an injection, and this time we seem to have overcome the problems that were causing him so much pain afterwards, and sending us up to the local ED.

Will pop back later to chat... gotta go and make a cuppa
Glad the trip was okay and that DH's eye is doing well for now. I hope it continues that way and glad that they figured out why he was having so much pain.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:06 PM   #5214
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maxine, I'm glad to hear DH's eye is stable now. Praying he keeps improving! And yes, I'm excited about the prize from Barb......... IF she remembers to send it. You know she's quite forgetful... due to being older-than-dirt.

FYI - We are leaving town early tomorrow morning (all 3 of us) - going out of town for a meeting that will take most of the day. So you might not see me tomorrow.

Have a safe journey. I bet Brock is excited to be going on a trip with you guys. I hope you do something fun while you're there.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:08 PM   #5215
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

HI girls! Just finished a card for tomorrow and while it dryed, got dinner on for the ones that are home We had beach day again today but just for 2 hours or so .... we have umbrellas and shade and SPF 500 but still .,

It's. Hot. Out. There!

Maxine, come on down and sit a spell under the palm trees by the ocean - no more foggy mornings ♥ I'm continuing to keep dh in prayer. As someone who's eyesight is getting worse each year, that worries me greatly. Hugs ♥

Maggie - arm, toe ...... you need to heal and let your body rest, my friend!

I bet Barb is hoarding Smoochy the same place as your prize, Jeanette!

We are leaving for the Keys tomorrow so I will see you lovelies on Saturday evening sometime if I don't see you in the morning!

x0x0
As long as you have umbrellas and a good SPF, I'll come sit by the sea with you. I love to just sit and listen to the waves lapping at the water's edge. So peaceful.

I've got too much to do and so little time. No time to have injuries holding me back. It's bad enough that I can't go do my walking!
Old 07-14-2016, 06:09 PM   #5216
Quacker Stamper

I've had a sad time here yesterday and today. There is a white mama cat that comes to eat my food whenever she is pregnant which is way too often. She's been coming now for about 2 weeks. Her mother is one of the cats that lives in my back yard which I have had spayed as I've done with all my strays. So when I got home from work last night I found the pregnant one laying in my flowerbed licking on a kitten that she had given birth too only it wasn't fully developed and not living. She had another one that looked like it might have survived, but she was laying on it and it was also dead. She wouldn't let me near her at that time, but in a little bit she moved away and went and laid down elsewhere so I was able to dispose of the bodies. When I got home from work today she had had another one and it was also dead. Right now she's in her box I put out there for her and I think she's having more, but I'm not going to go disturb her. Once she gets done with birthing these, if she sticks around a bit, I'm taking her to have her spayed. The people that she belongs to are not taking care of her and I don't want her to be going through this again. It just makes me so mad that people are so unconcerned about their pets.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:35 PM   #5217

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-14-2016, 08:07 PM   #5218
Mad Swapper

Not nice that folk do not look after their pets
Old 07-15-2016, 07:34 AM   #5219
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Friday!

That is sad Maggie
Old 07-15-2016, 03:54 PM   #5220
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Hello and happy Friday!!! Yippee!

I worked today, 5 more days to go..... My doc and PT advised me to quit working for my health, so I gave my notice, last day is 7/30....... The days I do work, I can work 6 hours max, but need to get up and move about a bit. I will continue in PT and follow with the pain doc and pray that my back & neck stay stable. I will not plan on looking for a job or something else to do until after the wedding. I will sort out my closets and the craft room....maybe : )

Jeanette- I would never be able to function if I got such little sleep. I know others that have insomnia- I would be such a zombie! Hope your trip is delightful!

Barb- your classes sound awesome. I have seen some pretty cool shakers from SU this catalog!

Kelly- the beach sounds delightful!

Maggie- awwww so sad that the kitty is having kittens that are dying- born early??? I saw your two white cats on FB- so sweet! I am hoping your Granite counter gets fixed without a hitch!

Kel, congrats on your A's- Wahoo! Good you are doing all of this while you are young and still have lots of energy : ) Did you step down from some of your DT's?

Maxine- you have such a grand green thumb! (My husband is our gardener here)... Glad your hubbies eyes are stable- does he have wet macular??? And, glad his side effect from the shot was under control this time around.

Waving hello to all!
Sheelly
Old 07-16-2016, 04:52 AM   #5221

I agree, Maxine!

Barb, I survived Friday - is that good enough???

Shelly, I hope doing what the doctor and PT says will help you feel better. I am sure it isn't something they suggested lightly. Ummmmmmmmmmm... yesterday's trip was not intended to be delightful, but necessary. I can gladly say it is over. (Well, until next Wednesday, when it will require a follow-up. UGH!)

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-18-2016, 02:14 AM   #5222
Mad Swapper

Oh Jeanette that does not sound a happy sort of trip - trust all is well with you and yours!

Barb hope you had a good weekend with lots of stamping

Shelly it sounds as though you are counting down to finishing work - keep up the PT and get that back strengthened.

Kelly it was good to hear you had a great time at the coast

Lovely sunny winters day here, and I got outside and got some more pruning done - cut back the raspberries and some shrubs, and started on the roses.... I got some studio time yesterday and was happy with what I got done. .

DD decided that she needs to get fit again and we are walking around the local lake two evenings a week - we started today - it's 2.75 kms around it, and is a popular spot for walkers. We did our first circuit this evening after she got off work - it was just about dark when we finished, but a beautiful sunset to watch as we walked and talked. Loved it, but not sure if I won't be creaking tomorrow. Rain is in the forecast again for tomorrow so we may not get back until Thursday evening by the looks at it at the moment.

Waving to you all from down under
Old 07-18-2016, 04:13 AM   #5223

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maxine, I am way too lazy to walk that far (confession is good for the soul) but the beauty of the surroundings and the gorgeous sunset sound nice!

Yes, the trip was not a pleasant one, but we survived,

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-18-2016, 05:52 AM   #5224
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--it is a Monday and I am ready! I have a couple of errands to run and a humane society meeting tonight. I have another golf outing on Friday that is a memorial outing for a friend who lost her cancer battle last fall and it will benefit local cancer research. On Saturday we are heading to Austin, TX for roomie's conference for five days and I get to explore! It will be a busy week and I want to spent quite a bit of time in the stamp room to get ahead!
Old 07-18-2016, 05:57 AM   #5225

Barb, it sounds like you have a great couple of weeks in your plans!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-18-2016, 07:38 AM   #5226
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, friends!

Maggie, that breaks my heart I'm sure as a mama she will wonder where her kittens are but I've said it before, but it bears repeating, you are a blessing for all you do for those kitties ♥ Especially when you are still nursing injuries of you own!

Maxine - way to go on the walking! It's a start!

As you may have seen on da blog, we are home! I also managed to slice my foot the last hour we were there (ds dove under with his snorkle and found jagged natural coral rock) Not deep enough for stitches, probably MAYBE coulda had a butterfly but it's in the crease of the back of the toe and just rest and propping my foot up does the same trick. Am I sitting still ........ nope. Dd NEEDED to get to the stores today as she's about to have her Senior portraits - can't believe it. A senior! Yikes. She doesn't drive and her sisters are both working so yay me! At least it's right next to Starbucks so I can nurse my mystery - LOL!

Lots to do today so I'll wave at everyone and love seeing all the Jeanette, Barb, Kel, Shell chatter!
Old 07-18-2016, 07:41 AM   #5227

Ouch! Kelly, try not to overdo... that foot needs some time to rest/heal!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-18-2016, 01:34 PM   #5228
Pearl-ExPert

Checking in........
Kelly, sorry about the foot. Ouch!
Maxine, sounds like it's getting cold and you're more than welcome to ship some of that to Texas.
Maggie, so sorry about the kittens. Sad.
Barb, have fun in Austin. There's tons of stuff to do and see there.
Shelly, I know you'll miss working but this is for the best I'm sure or they wouldn't have recommended it.
Jeanette, can't remember if you're coming or going.......?
Everyone else - waving Hi!

All is ok and the same here. My daughter and her girls came this weekend which was wonderful. We shopped til we dropped - for the girls of course. A 16 and 11 year old DO know how to shop for clothes. Went to one of the largest malls in the city (153 stores) and I swear the only ones we didn't go in and try on clothes and shoes were Tiffany and Rolex! LOL! Good time but sure wore this old lady out.
Computer issues are coming along I guess. Learning and also frustrated a lot too. I had a long conversation with the computer guru this morning and he was saying that Blogger is the worst thing you can go into. Popups embedded all over and so many of the blogs are full of virus. Scary!
Old 07-18-2016, 05:42 PM   #5229
Mad Swapper

Hi Lynn - great to see you here

That's a bit scary about blogger as I use it for my blog, and visit heaps of blogs - so far I have not been hit with a virus - I do have Norton and keep it up to date, and alsp have Ad Block Plus (a freebie) which minimizes that sort of stuff too.

Can you please send some warm - it's overcast after a frost this morning, and snowing a couple of hours down the road so as bleak and cold as....

Hugs to you all from down under
mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:19 PM   #5230
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Wahoo- Lynn is in the house- Yeah : } I have not had any issues with Blogger with the anitvirus on. That is interesting to hear.

My pop-ups come from FB! I pop on there alot lately- family is on there to chat about Mom.....with 7 of us, it is kinda nutty. SIL is having surgery, and everyone wants Mom at their house. I am in charge of when she is where- one sis called today and wants to take her with for a vacation out east 7/30- for a week. She has to fly per her PCP D/T her heart arrhythmia, so.... I personally would have had that planned out by now.......

Stephi was back from the Great Lakes Relays today- she was on a team with friends from college- they have 5 boys and 5 girls on each team, so it was great for her to see friends. She will leave in about 4 weeks for Virginia.

Waving hello to all- fun to see the chatter, and Maxine- that walking will be great- you will see some beautiful sunsets from the way it sounds!

Shelly
Old 07-19-2016, 04:43 AM   #5231

Lynn, sooooooooooo good to see you! I am glad you survived the shopping trip!

Maxine, I agree... scary about blogger!

Shelly, your scheduling skills must get a work out at times!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-19-2016, 07:22 AM   #5232
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Tuesday and I hope you have a great one!
Old 07-19-2016, 07:53 AM   #5233

Hi Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-19-2016, 09:10 AM   #5234
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Stopping in to say hi!

Hey - Lynn in the house! And ditto - when my daughter's are out and about, I'm huffing and puffing to keep up with them. If it's not a potty break, it's a sit down break while they are practically jogging, LOL! Glad you had a fun visit and were able to spend time with them! Yikes on blogger - I've heard the same thing. My IT BIL said STOP BLOGGING!!! So. many. times.

Shel - family is the BEST ...... I'm glad you get to chat with them, even long distance!

Heading to the jr high this afternoon to get my son's paperwork all squared away - school starts in a month! Yikes! It will be a chaotic year ahead - my daughter's Senior year and he is moving on to middle school, which will be grueling and difficult. I don't think I'll be too crafty by the Fall. They already informed us of a trip to New York, Atlanta, Washington DC and possibly California. Yikes twice!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:06 PM   #5235
Pearl-ExPert

I know this is a shock to see me here two days in a row! I thought I'd pop in though since Jim is napping and I'm recouping from a fun filled morning at the grocery store. Always an experience you know.

It really is scary about Blogger and I can't even begin to tell you how close I am to not blogging anymore. I've been like this before but never this bad. I feel bad when I post and then don't have the time to comment and get frustrated with that feeling. I still love making cards and really enjoy seeing everyone's creations though. Just not a good feeling at all for some reason. Does anyone else feel this way from time to time?

Kelly, that's amazing that you have another graduation coming up. Where does all the time fly! Seems like yesterday you were going though your first daughters graduation! Yikes!
Old 07-19-2016, 06:45 PM   #5236

Kelly, are you serious? Where did summer go??? A month. Oh, wait. I guess I should have realized that since my own DD starts in about 2 weeks. EEK!

Lynn, good to see you two days in a row! This could become a good habit.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-19-2016, 06:55 PM   #5237
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Not nice that folk do not look after their pets
No, they are not responsible people. So far she has stayed in my yard since she quit birthing those kittens. I'm calling the Humane Society tomorrow to see if there is a waiting period for her before she can be spayed. I don't want to waste any time. I hope to take her one day next week.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:03 PM   #5238
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello and happy Friday!!! Yippee!

I worked today, 5 more days to go..... My doc and PT advised me to quit working for my health, so I gave my notice, last day is 7/30....... The days I do work, I can work 6 hours max, but need to get up and move about a bit. I will continue in PT and follow with the pain doc and pray that my back & neck stay stable. I will not plan on looking for a job or something else to do until after the wedding. I will sort out my closets and the craft room....maybe : )

Jeanette- I would never be able to function if I got such little sleep. I know others that have insomnia- I would be such a zombie! Hope your trip is delightful!

Barb- your classes sound awesome. I have seen some pretty cool shakers from SU this catalog!

Kelly- the beach sounds delightful!

Maggie- awwww so sad that the kitty is having kittens that are dying- born early??? I saw your two white cats on FB- so sweet! I am hoping your Granite counter gets fixed without a hitch!

Kel, congrats on your A's- Wahoo! Good you are doing all of this while you are young and still have lots of energy : ) Did you step down from some of your DT's?

Maxine- you have such a grand green thumb! (My husband is our gardener here)... Glad your hubbies eyes are stable- does he have wet macular??? And, glad his side effect from the shot was under control this time around.

Waving hello to all!
Sheelly
"Sheelly" I'm sorry that you have to give up this job, but maybe if you can find something else, it might be something better that you will really love to do and not cause you pain. You will have enough to do getting everything ready for the wedding. Just focus on that for now.

I don't think they were born early. One didn't form into a kitten and I think maybe that had something to do with the others dying. They looked big enough except for that one that looked like a rag. She seems healthy enough. Oh yes, Casper and Corey are sweethearts, sometimes exasperating. Corey has a really loud meow and when he wants me to get up in the morning, I know it. There's no sleeping once he gets started, but then sometimes he can be as quiet as a mouse.

They came today and fixed the granite counter top. Took about 2 hours. They had to move the dishwasher out from under the counter so they could put the screws in it to hold it together. It looks beautiful now and I hope it stays that way. The guy who came also told me that it didn't seem that they used any silicone on the rest of the counter over the cabinets. When he would pound on it, it kind of bounced until he got to the end where it butt up against the wall. I take it that it's supposed to have silicone under it to glue it to the cabinets. I'm going to e-mail the owner tomorrow and mention that to him.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:04 PM   #5239
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I agree, Maxine!

Barb, I survived Friday - is that good enough???

Shelly, I hope doing what the doctor and PT says will help you feel better. I am sure it isn't something they suggested lightly. Ummmmmmmmmmm... yesterday's trip was not intended to be delightful, but necessary. I can gladly say it is over. (Well, until next Wednesday, when it will require a follow-up. UGH!)

Sorry that your trip last week was not the delightful kind and that you have a follow up tomorrow. Prayers for you guys.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:08 PM   #5240
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh Jeanette that does not sound a happy sort of trip - trust all is well with you and yours!

Barb hope you had a good weekend with lots of stamping

Shelly it sounds as though you are counting down to finishing work - keep up the PT and get that back strengthened.

Kelly it was good to hear you had a great time at the coast

Lovely sunny winters day here, and I got outside and got some more pruning done - cut back the raspberries and some shrubs, and started on the roses.... I got some studio time yesterday and was happy with what I got done. .

DD decided that she needs to get fit again and we are walking around the local lake two evenings a week - we started today - it's 2.75 kms around it, and is a popular spot for walkers. We did our first circuit this evening after she got off work - it was just about dark when we finished, but a beautiful sunset to watch as we walked and talked. Loved it, but not sure if I won't be creaking tomorrow. Rain is in the forecast again for tomorrow so we may not get back until Thursday evening by the looks at it at the moment.

Waving to you all from down under
I've been cutting back my Knockout Roses (deadheading them) so they'll put out more blooms. They are getting really full now. They'll get cut way back in the Spring.

Good for you and DD that you are out walking. I'm hoping to get back to my lunch time walk next week. My toe is still somewhat sore, but I was able to wear sandals to church on Sunday, so I've been wearing them to work. I hope I can get my Skechers on without a problem.