Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-08-2016, 11:47 AM   #5161
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Well, I gave my notice at work today- last day end of this month, after the 15th (which is 2 more work days), I am working my last 5 days as 6 hour shifts.

I got a trigger point shot in my neck (so much better) and one in a muscle in my buttocks- where the back shoots pains. It really calmed it down, but it hurts when I move the wrong way, etc. I am still on muscle relaxants and using ice and the TENS unit as needed.

My hubby is leaving for Philly for Cubs vs Philly baseball on Friday and Saturday- with college friends. They do a trip to a different city each year. I have 2 parties on Saturday, one in the afternoon and one at night. Otherwise, I am going to stamp a bit : )

The wedding shower and engagement party went well. I had the food catered- so much better than my usual- making lots of food. Family reunion the next day was good- I was in a flat mood- a bit tired.... It was fun to see Mom having a blast!

Everyone has been busy- fun to catch up on the thread- I will catch up on blogs and blogging tomorrow!

Shelly
Sorry that you are having to give notice Shelly, but if it's the best thing to do for your health, then you have to go with it. I hope that it will continue to improve so you're not so restricted around the house with what you can do.

That's fun about the baseball trips for DH every year. I'll root for the Phillies!

Glad that you didn't overdo for the shower and engagement parties. Sounds like it all went well and everyone enjoyed it including you.

Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-08-2016, 11:49 AM   #5162
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, I kind of left the shore time to DD's choice... and most ports she preferred walking around... and walking... and walking. LOL! We searched for geocaches, shopped, looked at architecture, went to libraries, etc. In Ketchikan, we saw a lumberjack show. It was fun! In Juneau, we found the capital - it's under renovation - and the governor's mansion. In Skagway, we did a full-blown excursion (5 hours)... rode a bus to the top of the mountain with photo opps along the way and then rode a train back down the mountain. In Victoria Canada, we enjoyed beautiful flowers!

BTW, if you're interested in seeing it, one of the Bible Journaling pages I did on the cruise is on my blog today.

Shelly, I'm glad the shots have helped a little... so sorry about all the things you're going through. I'm guessing your "notice" was due to your health, and not a want to kind of thing... so I'll hold off on congrats. (((HUGS)))

Barb, it sounds like a fun day for you! I hope you'll show us pictures after club.

Maxine, I hope your weekend goes as planned - crafting the time away in your studio!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
Lots of fun excursions Jeanette. I'll have to check out your blog when I get home tonight.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:49 AM   #5163
Quacker Stamper

Well, I have to put off the walking again! I called the podiatrist office to make an appointment to have the toe looked at to make sure it isn't broken and that I'm not making it worse by walking and working out. At first she gave me a week from Monday but after I told her what I did and that it happened over the 4th of July weekend, she said that I couldn't wait that long, so she worked me in on Wednesday at 10:45, so I'm not walking until after I see the doctor. Well, I did walk over to the mall today at lunch time to return 2 dresses at LOFT that I ordered online the other day, got yesterday, and I don't like either one of them on me even though they are both cute. Just not on me. I did find 3 tops that I liked and a pretty necklace so got those instead.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:50 AM   #5164
Quacker Stamper

Well, last night was a bust as far as getting any stamping done. I did take a little time to mark some more of my Copics to take with me in November. I still need to check them all to see which ones need refills.

Instead of a fun thing, I spent time having an Internet chat with a C.S. person at AT&T after getting an outrageous and incorrect bill from them for my T/V, Internet, and U-Verse Voice. It's supposed to get fixed by the end of the weekend (24-48 hours), but I just checked and it's not fixed yet. I was told that U-voice would only cost me $9.99 which the rep confirmed, and yet I was charged $77.92 for U-Voice on my bill. ????????????? There is NO way on God's green earth that I'm going to pay $77.92 for U-Voice that is only supposed to cost me $9.99. Don't know how they figured that and don't care, just want it changed to what it's supposed to be.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:03 PM   #5165
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Maggie, that is outrageous on the bill... I hope they get it fixed soon.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 07-09-2016, 02:57 AM   #5166

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:46 PM   #5167
Pearl-ExPert

What is U-Voice? Whatever it is I"m thinking I sure don't need it after all the struggles with this computer!
I'm getting a tiny bit better on it though I guess and finding out new things everyday. Some good and some not. Still having problems getting use to the keyboard and all that. Don't even attempt that touchpad thingy. I like the wireless mouse though.

How could I ever catch up! I remember seeing that Shelly is quitting work. I think that's a good decision with health issues Shelly. Maggie has something I've never heard of...UVoice. Jeanette is home from a cruise and I never even knew she left. Hope it was fun. Barb is working in a shoe store? Good! I hope you get some in a 4 1/2 to fit me. I have a rough time finding shoes. Kelly is getting gray hair from teaching one of the kids to drive? I can't remember any of the other posts, but it sounds like everyone is having a fun summer - and Maxine, a winter!
Old 07-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #5168
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
What is U-Voice? Whatever it is I"m thinking I sure don't need it after all the struggles with this computer!
I'm getting a tiny bit better on it though I guess and finding out new things everyday. Some good and some not. Still having problems getting use to the keyboard and all that. Don't even attempt that touchpad thingy. I like the wireless mouse though.

How could I ever catch up! I remember seeing that Shelly is quitting work. I think that's a good decision with health issues Shelly. Maggie has something I've never heard of...UVoice. Jeanette is home from a cruise and I never even knew she left. Hope it was fun. Barb is working in a shoe store? Good! I hope you get some in a 4 1/2 to fit me. I have a rough time finding shoes. Kelly is getting gray hair from teaching one of the kids to drive? I can't remember any of the other posts, but it sounds like everyone is having a fun summer - and Maxine, a winter!
U-Voice is my home phone through AT&T U-Verse instead of having a land line. It's Wi-Fi. .

LOL! You read my post about all those different things I wrote about everyone and it was all made up!!!!!! I did it to play with Jeanette. Barb is NOT working in a shoe store and Kelly is NOT teaching her DS how to drive. I really don't think he's old enough.

I got out and did my grocery shopping for dinner tomorrow night. Had to go to 2 stores. Only one ingredient I couldn't find at either of them - Nutritional Yeast. I know I purchased it before somewhere, but don't remember where and my HEB didn't have it and Whole Foods was out of it because the last batch they got in had weevils in it. I think I can do without it. Just got my commenting done for my new DT and now I've got to get started on tidying up the house.

I did get the name of a new cleaning person and called and talked to her this morning. She's going to come on the 23rd. I forgot to ask her how much she's going to charge me, but I texted her my address and asked her that and also what time she was going to come. Hope it works out.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:05 PM   #5169
Insane Embellisher

Maggie - your post about what everyone was up to just cracked me up!
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:10 PM   #5170
Insane Embellisher

It's been over a week again - life just doesn't slow down! We had two deaths in my family at the end of June/beginning of July. So my 5 days off was a little marred by them. We did go to a party last Sunday and then the fireworks on Monday night - just at my husband's cousin's who lives nearby. We can see them from where they are set off. Not close enough for pictures but nice to see without having to fight the masses to get there and home. Tuesday we had a wake and funeral and today was a family bday party for a cousin that turned 50.

My work started summer hours this past week...totally forgot until hubby reminded me on Tuesday night. I go in a half hour early each day and then get out early on Friday. This Monday starts my first full week in like 3 weeks, might be a bit of an adjustment especially with going in earlier each day.

Tomorrow we have some errands and then I hope to catch up on blogs and get back in my room. I did have some fun in there last weekend but haven't done anything since.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:13 PM   #5171
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
It's been over a week again - life just doesn't slow down! We had two deaths in my family at the end of June/beginning of July. So my 5 days off was a little marred by them. We did go to a party last Sunday and then the fireworks on Monday night - just at my husband's cousin's who lives nearby. We can see them from where they are set off. Not close enough for pictures but nice to see without having to fight the masses to get there and home. Tuesday we had a wake and funeral and today was a family bday party for a cousin that turned 50.

My work started summer hours this past week...totally forgot until hubby reminded me on Tuesday night. I go in a half hour early each day and then get out early on Friday. This Monday starts my first full week in like 3 weeks, might be a bit of an adjustment especially with going in earlier each day.

Tomorrow we have some errands and then I hope to catch up on blogs and get back in my room. I did have some fun in there last weekend but haven't done anything since.
So sorry for your loss Kristie. It's never easy to lose a loved one.

That's different that they change your hours in the summer. Is there a specific reason for that?
Old 07-09-2016, 07:26 PM   #5172
Insane Embellisher

Thank you, Maggie.

They close the offices at 3 on Fridays during the summer as real estate slows way down especially on Fridays. We need to make up that time though to get paid for a full week so we start earlier each day.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:32 PM   #5173
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Thank you, Maggie.

They close the offices at 3 on Fridays during the summer as real estate slows way down especially on Fridays. We need to make up that time though to get paid for a full week so we start earlier each day.
That's nice even though you have to go in a little earlier - at least you get an early out on Friday. I'd love that.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:56 AM   #5174
Mad Swapper

Hi girls - I have been keeping up, just not much time for commenting.

Kristie that was hard to have the two deaths so close together - my sincere condolences.

Shelly enjoy your time to breathe now you are coming to the end of work.

Jeanette I am glad to hear you have your land lubber legs back!

Kelly - are you drinking SB's dry that you have not called in??

Kel you are one dynamo - looking forward to hearing how you have done with your summer papers.

Maggie that is one horror bill - when we changed over to fibre optic there was a billing hitch, but I had sensed that things weren't quite right, so had put extra $$ on the account and it was not as painful as it could have been - they just didn't bill us properly for about three months!! All good now though.

Lynn I do hope you master that laptop - I know it's a big change, but once you are up and running I am sure you will love it. I still sometimes get caught with the touch pad and have to kill it with the Fn F5 combo, and that after 18 months.

I finally got out to the studio this afternoon - no I did not get there yesterday, I ended up altering and helping to hang curtains. I got two cards made ready for class on Tuesday, and although I used my Misti - (it was wonderful) I did not use the image stamped for either card!! Problem was I stamped a baby image to go over the background technique I will be teaching, and after making a pink and gold background, I coloured the image blue!!! ooops, used floral die cuts instead.

Waving from a fine and cold down under - love the fine weather but not the cold, as my sinuses are still being an absolute pain - back to the Dr for me this week.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:13 AM   #5175

Sheesh! I've been fighting my computer way too long this morning. But right now I'm thinking it's going to let me post a comment... fingers crossed.

Kristie, I'm sorry to hear of the losses you've had. (((HUGS)))

Lynn, so I'm guessing you didn't miss me while I was gone.

Maggie, sorry you didn't find the item you were looking for. I've never heard of it, so I guess I won't need to look for it. How was dinner?

Maxine, I hope the doctor can give you some relief!

Waving to everyone else!

I have a meeting this morning. What's everyone else up to?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-11-2016, 06:27 AM   #5176
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--Happy Monday and the start to a new week!!!!! I have some errands to do today and might have some time in the craft room later this afternoon.

Have a Marvelous Monday!!!!!
Old 07-11-2016, 10:03 AM   #5177
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! Lazy days of summer and zipping around here and there when we can have taken over my days!

But I'm here! LOL, Maxine - still swimming in my 'Bux! In fact, I was tickled PINK when one Barista told me the other day he had a brand new grand-daughter and her name was Kelly! I was so excited - they named their g-baby after me! He said "Nice try. It's a family name .." ROFL! Aw, shucks!

Maggie - I just about died laughing at your post!! That was the funniest ever ~ love your sense of humor (and you!) I do hope you are healed up now - arm ... and toe! YIKES on the bill! We don't get U-verse in our area, but our friends further east in Miami say it's been a nightmare.

Kristi - sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Lynn - holy moly, you sound like me. My laptop was toast - the only way to 'fix it' was to wipe it clean and wipe the hard drive and I said 'thank-you-very-much' and chose not to. I'm on my dd's first one and it has a new Microsoft software and Windows 10 or a bunch of stuff I cannot figure out! Even to blog - look for files - they are all in a new system and it's just foreign to me. Literally takes me hours to photograph, edit, save, look for the files, try to add them .. no joke! HOURS. I hope you get it all figured out and are back to your regular blogging!

Shel - I would say happy retirement, but I don't think giving your notice is exactly that! Please rest up my friend - back troubles can be so hard and you need rest, dear! Your newly engaged son and daughter-in-law are a sweet couple! I can imagine you are enjoying the new journey ahead and the time off will come in handy there!

Waving to Barb, Darlene, Kel, Jeanette ............ everyone! I'm just in a slump here between summer drain brain, wondering if I am developing adult ADD as well - I'm a mess! Then I see the news and it's so depressing, every day something else awful I pray for this country, this world that our children and grandchildren are growing up in. One day, I pray there will be peace. Just peace ♥
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 07-11-2016, 05:34 PM   #5178
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi girls - I have been keeping up, just not much time for commenting.

Kristie that was hard to have the two deaths so close together - my sincere condolences.

Shelly enjoy your time to breathe now you are coming to the end of work.

Jeanette I am glad to hear you have your land lubber legs back!

Kelly - are you drinking SB's dry that you have not called in??

Kel you are one dynamo - looking forward to hearing how you have done with your summer papers.

Maggie that is one horror bill - when we changed over to fibre optic there was a billing hitch, but I had sensed that things weren't quite right, so had put extra $$ on the account and it was not as painful as it could have been - they just didn't bill us properly for about three months!! All good now though.

Lynn I do hope you master that laptop - I know it's a big change, but once you are up and running I am sure you will love it. I still sometimes get caught with the touch pad and have to kill it with the Fn F5 combo, and that after 18 months.

I finally got out to the studio this afternoon - no I did not get there yesterday, I ended up altering and helping to hang curtains. I got two cards made ready for class on Tuesday, and although I used my Misti - (it was wonderful) I did not use the image stamped for either card!! Problem was I stamped a baby image to go over the background technique I will be teaching, and after making a pink and gold background, I coloured the image blue!!! ooops, used floral die cuts instead.

Waving from a fine and cold down under - love the fine weather but not the cold, as my sinuses are still being an absolute pain - back to the Dr for me this week.
I checked online and the bill is still the same. There weren't any changes made to it. Maybe they will make it for the next bill, but I'm not paying the $77.92. I subtracted that from the bill and then added $9.99 for the U-Voice that I'm supposed to pay and I made that payment. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if we can figure out what's going on.

Sorry that you messed up on the card, but I bet it's really cute and no one would have noticed the difference.

Sorry about the sinuses. Hope the doctor can fix you up.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:37 PM   #5179
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Sheesh! I've been fighting my computer way too long this morning. But right now I'm thinking it's going to let me post a comment... fingers crossed.

Kristie, I'm sorry to hear of the losses you've had. (((HUGS)))

Lynn, so I'm guessing you didn't miss me while I was gone.

Maggie, sorry you didn't find the item you were looking for. I've never heard of it, so I guess I won't need to look for it. How was dinner?

Maxine, I hope the doctor can give you some relief!

Waving to everyone else!

I have a meeting this morning. What's everyone else up to?

I had to go to Whole Foods for a couple of items including the Nutritional Yeast. They should have had it, but the grocer guy said that the shipment they got in had weevils in it so they had to send it back. I googled it to see what exactly it is used for and basically they said it has a slightly cheesey flavor to it, and it was an optional item, so I just left it out.

Dinner was a big hit! They all loved it. Took some leftovers home.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:40 PM   #5180

So Barb... did you make it to the craft room?

Kelly, I'm sure he was messing with you.... they really named the baby after YOU!

Maggie, way to go! Set them straight!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-11-2016, 05:40 PM   #5181

That's awesome about the dinner!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-11-2016, 05:45 PM   #5182
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Hi all! Lazy days of summer and zipping around here and there when we can have taken over my days!

But I'm here! LOL, Maxine - still swimming in my 'Bux! In fact, I was tickled PINK when one Barista told me the other day he had a brand new grand-daughter and her name was Kelly! I was so excited - they named their g-baby after me! He said "Nice try. It's a family name .." ROFL! Aw, shucks!

Maggie - I just about died laughing at your post!! That was the funniest ever ~ love your sense of humor (and you!) I do hope you are healed up now - arm ... and toe! YIKES on the bill! We don't get U-verse in our area, but our friends further east in Miami say it's been a nightmare.

Kristi - sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Lynn - holy moly, you sound like me. My laptop was toast - the only way to 'fix it' was to wipe it clean and wipe the hard drive and I said 'thank-you-very-much' and chose not to. I'm on my dd's first one and it has a new Microsoft software and Windows 10 or a bunch of stuff I cannot figure out! Even to blog - look for files - they are all in a new system and it's just foreign to me. Literally takes me hours to photograph, edit, save, look for the files, try to add them .. no joke! HOURS. I hope you get it all figured out and are back to your regular blogging!

Shel - I would say happy retirement, but I don't think giving your notice is exactly that! Please rest up my friend - back troubles can be so hard and you need rest, dear! Your newly engaged son and daughter-in-law are a sweet couple! I can imagine you are enjoying the new journey ahead and the time off will come in handy there!

Waving to Barb, Darlene, Kel, Jeanette ............ everyone! I'm just in a slump here between summer drain brain, wondering if I am developing adult ADD as well - I'm a mess! Then I see the news and it's so indepressing, every day something else awful I pray for this country, this world that our children and grandchildren are growing up in. One day, I pray there will be peace. Just peace ♥
Thought you'd be in Summer mode now Kelly, and yet you're still running here and there! Slow down!

No, sorry, arm is still not well and the little finger and ring finger on my left hand don't work well. They hurt when I bend them and I can't use them to pick up anything. The PA said that it's the nerve which runs down my arm along the bone that was fractured. I'm giving it 2 more weeks and then if it's not better, I'll have them do an MRI on it and see if there is something else that they are not seeing on the X-rays. I go to the podiatrist Wednesday to have my toe checked out. It is always something. It's a big conspiracy to keep me from walking and working out!

Sorry you're having trouble with your DD's old laptop and Windows 10. I haven't installed it yet on either one of mine.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:46 PM   #5183
Quacker Stamper

Had a busy day at the office once I got there. Started out with the granite counter top guy coming over early this morning before I went to work. There is a seam which meets right over top of my dishwasher and one side slips down after awhile. I had it fixed back in 2014 and it's doing it again now. I'm waiting to hear from him to see what they are going to do and when they are going to fix it.

Work was really busy which is good except I didn't have much time to work on my Family History today.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:12 AM   #5184

Maggie, that's too bad about the countertop. I hope they can get it fixed to your satisfaction!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-12-2016, 06:48 AM   #5185
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Stamping Friends! I hope you have a Terrific Tuesday!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2016, 06:49 AM   #5186

Hi Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-12-2016, 06:59 AM   #5187
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Jeanette. I did not get to the stamp room yesterday. I had a "Bust a Move" stamp class at Sarah's in the morning and then a quick card class at Polka Dots--LSS after that. I was a bit stamped out as the moving cards were pretty involved and the three other ladies at class were/are a bit high maintenance......................... a little exhausting. But, I am headed there as soon as I finish online and will play until this afternoon when I need to take roomie's sister to the dentist!
Old 07-12-2016, 07:43 AM   #5188

Barb, I hope you liked the cards from yesterday's classes, even if they were exhausting experiences.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-12-2016, 08:20 PM   #5189
Watercolor Wizard

hugs everyone! i got As in both first session classes... PHEW. had a nice 4th of July weekend off, but now I'm back to summer session 2... daily assignments for one class (sometimes 2-3 a day) and 2 short papers a week for the other. it's neverending... i'm SOOOOO looking forward to the ONE week i have off between the end of the summer session and the start of the fall semester.

DH and I decided to do a staycation this summer, the last time we did anything fun as a family was 2 years ago. We check into the hotel on thursday, and check out monday. i'll be busy writing papers but will definitely still find time to relax and hang out.

trying to lessen my load of EVERYTHING. this summer is burning me out!! anywhoo, just wanted to pop in and say hi because i've been MIA for a bit, but back to papers!! lol
barbaralynn, mschoener and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:38 PM   #5190

Kel, it's good to see you. Congrats on the A's! I hope you are truly able to enjoy the stay-cation. Sounds like you're very busy!

Find Me on Instagram

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 07-13-2016 at 02:07 AM..
Old 07-12-2016, 09:59 PM   #5191
Mad Swapper

Kel it's time you found some roses!!!! Good to hear you got A's though - you are amazing!!

No time for roses here, unless I can prune them - have just come in from pruning the grape vine and crab apple tree - the weather is closing in to be wet and wild for 24 hours or so - sooooooo not impressed as I have to go out this evening to a church meeting, and then to Hamilton to Eye Clinic for DH tomorrow - I'm praying the worst of it passes through overnight....

Waving to you all and trusting life is treating you all well
Old 07-13-2016, 02:09 AM   #5192

Maxine, I'm sorry you have to get out in the weather - be careful!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-13-2016, 02:19 AM   #5193
Mad Swapper

Thanks Jeanette - tonight's meeting is done and dusted and the weather's not too bad yet. 😃
Heading to bed now - night night 😘
Old 07-13-2016, 02:21 AM   #5194

G'night, Maxine. Hope you sleep well.......... and longer than I did. (Yes it's 4:21 here and I've already been awake well over an hour... showered and facing my day.)

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-13-2016, 07:22 AM   #5195
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Its. beach. day!!!!

We've actually been ready to go for a bit now but dd/her bf wanted to come along and get off work at noon today - so we're holding for a bit!

YAY for Kel on the grades! Staycations are wonderful, too Sometimes it's nice to just get out and not have to cook and clean and chase (or drive around in my case) kids! Enjoy!

Maggie - I'm sure your vegan meal are wonderful! How sweet of you to make it for her, even though it's not your normal diet. I don't think I could ever be vegan, she's very dedicated! Being vegetarian in a family of carnivores is hard enough

Maxine - safe travels to the eye doctor and keep us posted on how he's doing. Hopefully the rain will pass!

Hi Jeanette - early. bird. gets. the. worm. You win!

Waving to all - I'll make some sandcastles for you! ♥
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:00 AM   #5196

YAY! I won!!! I wonder what PRIZE Barb is going to send me???????????????

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:57 PM   #5197
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, that's too bad about the countertop. I hope they can get it fixed to your satisfaction!

Thanks Jeanette. Me too! I was a little annoyed with Jose when he called me back to set up the time. He told me at first it was going to cost me another $200 because it was "out of warranty"! I was like No Way! That was ridiculous because they had done this 2 years ago and it was not fixed properly then and was doing the same thing. He said he'd have to talk to John who I guess is the supervisor under the owner. I know the owner who is a very good friend of my boss. I told Jose that it was John who had come out last time to "fix" it and at the time told me it wasn't done properly, but he didn't do anything to "fix" it so it didn't happen again! To me, that clearly is their fault. Then he said that after this, they wouldn't be responsible for it anymore. I wanted to laugh at him. If they had done it properly in the first place, we wouldn't be having this conversation at all and if it had been "fixed" properly last time, we still wouldn't be having this conversation this time!
Old 07-13-2016, 12:58 PM   #5198
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Jeanette. I did not get to the stamp room yesterday. I had a "Bust a Move" stamp class at Sarah's in the morning and then a quick card class at Polka Dots--LSS after that. I was a bit stamped out as the moving cards were pretty involved and the three other ladies at class were/are a bit high maintenance......................... a little exhausting. But, I am headed there as soon as I finish online and will play until this afternoon when I need to take roomie's sister to the dentist!
Sounds like a fun day for you!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:00 PM   #5199
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Kel it's time you found some roses!!!! Good to hear you got A's though - you are amazing!!

No time for roses here, unless I can prune them - have just come in from pruning the grape vine and crab apple tree - the weather is closing in to be wet and wild for 24 hours or so - sooooooo not impressed as I have to go out this evening to a church meeting, and then to Hamilton to Eye Clinic for DH tomorrow - I'm praying the worst of it passes through overnight....

Waving to you all and trusting life is treating you all well
I dead-headed my rose bushes last weekend. I think that will help them to put out more blooms.

I was out for book club last night and didn't get home until after 9 which kept me up later than I like.

Went to the podiatrist today for my sore little toe and it has a hairline fracture. Said to keep off it as much as I can, ice it (yeah, right) and go back in 3 weeks. So no power walking for me right now.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:01 PM   #5200
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

G'night, Maxine. Hope you sleep well.......... and longer than I did. (Yes it's 4:21 here and I've already been awake well over an hour... showered and facing my day.)
I don't know how you function on so little sleep. I can barely get buy with 7 hours.