Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #481
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies!
It's taken a bit to come out from under the vacation fog. I will say we did have lots of fun but the weather took it's toll on me. If it wasn't 90 degrees and raining, it was just raining/pouring and then got cooler and raining towards the end of the week. From walking 11 miles a day in the mid 90's weather, I got a rash on both legs and it spread and got really bad on one leg (I scratched because I didn't realize anything was there) and I pushed myself Friday night walking to the point it was painful and I had to stop right in the middle of Epcot. My husband had to get a wheelchair to get me to the buses and then one at our resort to get me to the room. I spent our last day in bed resting until late afternoon when we ventured out to the food court with me in the wheelchair and then we decided to go to Magic Kingdom for a few hours with the hopes that they would still have wheelchairs. Thankfully they did so we saw a lot of shows and I got one last ride on Dumbo. I avoided any rides that would require me to step down as that made the pain much worse. Used wheelchairs in the airport leaving FL and coming home. Thankfully with resting my leg the swelling has gone down as has the redness in the rash. If you google Disney rash, you will see what I had (yes, it's really a thing!) We did do a lot of new things on this trip and I will hopefully be blogging about it once I go through our pictures (over 2,600 between two cameras, one phone and photopass!)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-06-2014, 07:25 PM   #482
Insane Embellisher

Kelly - congrats to your daughter on winning in the competition! Congrats on the new DT spot at CHF!
Maggie - your flowers are beautiful. I hope you had a good trip too! Congrats on the new DT!
Jeanette - I hope you enjoyed your conference.
Maxine - Happy belated anniversary. I hope you DH is doing better now.
Shelly - Enjoy your DD's visit. How cool that you were able to have a stamp commissioned!
Nancy - sorry to hear about the damage in Pensacola. I am glad your area is okay. Hope your classes go well.

Hello to anyone I have missed!

Regarding the technique of the month - I have gelatos I bought at Michaels but haven't tried them yet. Hopefully I can do that once I get back into the swing of things. My SU pre-order will be here on Friday (funny story - I ordered from my phone standing in the center of Hollywood Studios while waiting for fireworks lol). So excited to use the new in-colors.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #483
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Congrats Maggie and Kelly for the new DT's. Kelly- I saw it posted on the CHF site- so was waiting for you to tell : ) Yippee! Looking forward to some great artwork from you both!

Kelly- so fun your daughter is going to Prom! I hope she has a blast- I know you will post pic's.

Maggie- your trip to Ca sounds like it was short and sweet : ) And, good that you had the extra day off to get alot accomplished! I love Laguna Beach : )

I worked today, home and Stephi made us dinner! I had purchased food to make quiche again.....and she made 2- they were crustless and it was delicious! Ours had ham and assorted veg's and she made one that was meatless, but full of delicious veg's.

We have the woodwork along the baseboards being installed after we painted it- it is a tedious job to cut all of the corners and all- 2 1/2 days all together.....glad Ray is not doing it himself..... it is scaring the dog : (
And, we have a little painting left to do upstairs around the doors and Ray is painting the doors a little at a time. We also started taking down the wallpaper in Chris' room- he will be sad, and I think I will move my stamping stuff up to his room once he has visited in July. Luckily, the wallpaper was put up well ad is coming off fairly easily.

Kristi- now that is loyalty and devotion- you will have to post that on a SU site- too funny! I always order the bundle for the new in colors when the new catalog comes out. I do not always love all of them, but they match the DP and all, so still enjoy having the markers and papers, etc....
I hope your legs improve quickly! I got that the 2nd time we went to China- the doc called it Schaumbergs vasculitis- It was ugly! But mine was just a rash- my legs did not swell up. I was very self conscious about it though...

Jeanette- your day Sunday sounded really hectic- hope you have some time to 'just Breathe' in the next day or so.....

Darlene- glad you had some time with your DD- did you get any time to work on a card?

Lynn-I ordered a boat load of reinkers at Joann.com when they had a sale and free shipping. In-between, I am on Dick Blick's coupon list, so I sneak over and pick up once I may need that I don't have. They are great for making backgrounds too : )

Nancy- hope your Copic class went well!

Waving hello to everyone else
Shelly
Old 05-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #484
Mad Swapper

Hi folks - I am still here - great to see all the chat and that all are thriving . Congrats to Maggie and Kelly on their DT spots - I have tried several teams recently but have missed out - ah well, less pressure if DH is not well.

Talking of DH, he had his stitches out yesterday and all looks well healed, even if the one eye is still tweaked a bit upward at the outer corner. His chest is taking somewhat longer to clear....

Another trip to Hamilton today, right into the centre of the city so was a bit nerve racking - to the Blind foundation... DH was assessed for glare and magnification... with one magnifier and one set of glare reduction dark glasses we were done - could have spent a lot more though on the magnification gear, but you can't spend what you don't have!

Stopped for a much needed coffee part way home . We have two more trips there (Hamilton) this month, another one to DGS for his birthday, and one to Auckland to (of all things) babysit the other grand babies!! I think I will go on driving strike after that!!

You may not 'see'; much of me this month!
Old 05-07-2014, 03:39 AM   #485
Gabfest Goddess

Morning everyone!

Kristie, that rash sounds terrible! I have never heard of it, will have to look it up.

Shelly, those quiches sound delish! Good going on your woodworking and painting projects. Want to come here and help with mine? heheheehe

Maxine, you sure do have a lot of driving this month. I think a strike may be just what you need next month.

So much DT talent here, you all deserve to be recognized for your skills, and am so glad that you are!

I do not have any gelatos, but they aren't too expensive so maybe I'll pick up a pack and give them a try.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
mschoener likes this post.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:27 AM   #486
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Woo Hoo! Congratulations Kelly and Maggie! Awesome news!

Kristie, I hope you enjoyed your vacation even though you had that horrible rash. Sounds very painful!

Maxine, I am sorry a DT hasn't snagged you recently. They really should; not sure why they don't see that. Sounds like you are very busy, though.

Shelly, how nice that Stephi prepared such a delicious dinner for you after a day of work.

Darlene, it's good to see you popping in this morning!

Waving at everyone else!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 05-07-2014, 06:18 AM   #487
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, sweet friends!

I forgot to wish our sweet Shelly a HAPPY NURSE'S WEEK!! I hope your patients (and boss!) are kind to you this week Thank you for all you do! ♥ Bless your heart on all the home remodeling ~ and your poor dog! It's going to be beautiful - I love the hard word floors SO MUCH but alas, here in Florida we cannot have them - sniff, sniff!

Kristi, oh my goodness, that sounds like quite an ordeal! As many times as we hit the parks each year, I've never had that but it sounds like you had a great support with your dh and the parks being accommodating with the chairs! YAY!

Maxine, you hang in there my dear -- your dh is blessed to have you. God has wonderful healing ways and sometimes the recovery is a bit slower than we'd like - you're doing great! And your work is AMAZING, the DT that is meant for you is out there, don't worry but I love your outlook on all about timing! You are so right!

Hi Jeanette! HI Darlene! I ran to Joanns yesterday to buy 3D tape and they did not have the gelatos ~ not sure I'll be able to pick any up with my crazy busy schedule but it sure sounds like a fun challenge to those embarking on it!

Waving to everyone!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 05-07-2014, 07:05 AM   #489
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Lots of Congrats all around!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #490
Pearl-ExPert

Whew! I'm gone one day and missed so much around here.......I was off playing "cowboy" again yesterday and it was LONG, HOT, and TIRING! Glad that was over with. Finally started home about 5:30 last night and got here in time to watch the Spurs that started at 8:30. Long day! And to top it all off.......I slept until 9:15 this morning!! I haven't done that since I was a teenager! Yikes! Half the day is already gone now! LOL!

Big congrats to Maggie and Kelly! WOOHOO! Proud of both of you!

My gelatos cards will be going up on Friday! YEA! I may even try to use some again sometime. Pretty much fun.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:39 PM   #491
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Congrats my friend! They are gaining a star! You do awesome work!

Cornish heritage farms is the stamp company I still have to link up my siggy and my blog but it's been a busy day.

My daughter finally let me share that she was asked to prom �� like 3 weeks ago? She is a junior bit was asked by an upper classman. We had a lot if fun out there today! And she has a dress (not the one she was playing in in FB, lol!) she is always in theater mode
Thanks Kelly.

I've never heard of them before. Isn't it amazing how many companies are out there. I could never keep up with all of them although I'd love to have images from all of them. I see so many cute ones as I go around commenting.

That's great! Congrats to your DD. I"m sure she'll have a fabulous time. That was some dress! Can't wait to see what she does get. My DGD's prom is 2 weeks I think. Her dress is a deep purple and with her blondish hair she'll look fabulous in it.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 05-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #492
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi ladies!
It's taken a bit to come out from under the vacation fog. I will say we did have lots of fun but the weather took it's toll on me. If it wasn't 90 degrees and raining, it was just raining/pouring and then got cooler and raining towards the end of the week. From walking 11 miles a day in the mid 90's weather, I got a rash on both legs and it spread and got really bad on one leg (I scratched because I didn't realize anything was there) and I pushed myself Friday night walking to the point it was painful and I had to stop right in the middle of Epcot. My husband had to get a wheelchair to get me to the buses and then one at our resort to get me to the room. I spent our last day in bed resting until late afternoon when we ventured out to the food court with me in the wheelchair and then we decided to go to Magic Kingdom for a few hours with the hopes that they would still have wheelchairs. Thankfully they did so we saw a lot of shows and I got one last ride on Dumbo. I avoided any rides that would require me to step down as that made the pain much worse. Used wheelchairs in the airport leaving FL and coming home. Thankfully with resting my leg the swelling has gone down as has the redness in the rash. If you google Disney rash, you will see what I had (yes, it's really a thing!) We did do a lot of new things on this trip and I will hopefully be blogging about it once I go through our pictures (over 2,600 between two cameras, one phone and photopass!)
O M G! Kristie, I've never heard of such a thing. My DD and her family go to Disney all the time. Sorry that you had to miss out on some of the fun, but glad that you were able to get around with the wheelchair and still enjoy the rest of your trip. Wow! That was a lot of photos. Can't wait to see some of them.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #493
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Kelly - congrats to your daughter on winning in the competition! Congrats on the new DT spot at CHF!
Maggie - your flowers are beautiful. I hope you had a good trip too! Congrats on the new DT!
Jeanette - I hope you enjoyed your conference.
Maxine - Happy belated anniversary. I hope you DH is doing better now.
Shelly - Enjoy your DD's visit. How cool that you were able to have a stamp commissioned!
Nancy - sorry to hear about the damage in Pensacola. I am glad your area is okay. Hope your classes go well.

Hello to anyone I have missed!

Regarding the technique of the month - I have gelatos I bought at Michaels but haven't tried them yet. Hopefully I can do that once I get back into the swing of things. My SU pre-order will be here on Friday (funny story - I ordered from my phone standing in the center of Hollywood Studios while waiting for fireworks lol). So excited to use the new in-colors.
Thank you. I did have a lovely time. And thank you again.

Maybe one of these days when I'm going to have some free time, I'll jump on the Gelaots bandwagon.

I got an e-mail from SU today saying that I've been dropped due to lack of orders and interest. Then they said I could sign up again and get a new kit for $99!
Old 05-07-2014, 06:51 PM   #494
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Congrats Maggie and Kelly for the new DT's. Kelly- I saw it posted on the CHF site- so was waiting for you to tell : ) Yippee! Looking forward to some great artwork from you both!

Kelly- so fun your daughter is going to Prom! I hope she has a blast- I know you will post pic's.

Maggie- your trip to Ca sounds like it was short and sweet : ) And, good that you had the extra day off to get alot accomplished! I love Laguna Beach : )

I worked today, home and Stephi made us dinner! I had purchased food to make quiche again.....and she made 2- they were crustless and it was delicious! Ours had ham and assorted veg's and she made one that was meatless, but full of delicious veg's.

We have the woodwork along the baseboards being installed after we painted it- it is a tedious job to cut all of the corners and all- 2 1/2 days all together.....glad Ray is not doing it himself..... it is scaring the dog : (
And, we have a little painting left to do upstairs around the doors and Ray is painting the doors a little at a time. We also started taking down the wallpaper in Chris' room- he will be sad, and I think I will move my stamping stuff up to his room once he has visited in July. Luckily, the wallpaper was put up well ad is coming off fairly easily.

Kristi- now that is loyalty and devotion- you will have to post that on a SU site- too funny! I always order the bundle for the new in colors when the new catalog comes out. I do not always love all of them, but they match the DP and all, so still enjoy having the markers and papers, etc....
I hope your legs improve quickly! I got that the 2nd time we went to China- the doc called it Schaumbergs vasculitis- It was ugly! But mine was just a rash- my legs did not swell up. I was very self conscious about it though...

Jeanette- your day Sunday sounded really hectic- hope you have some time to 'just Breathe' in the next day or so.....

Darlene- glad you had some time with your DD- did you get any time to work on a card?

Lynn-I ordered a boat load of reinkers at Joann.com when they had a sale and free shipping. In-between, I am on Dick Blick's coupon list, so I sneak over and pick up once I may need that I don't have. They are great for making backgrounds too : )

Nancy- hope your Copic class went well!

Waving hello to everyone else
Shelly
Thanks. Laguna Beach was beautiful. I need to get my photos on Facebook one of these days from the musical and from the beach. There are some flowering plants I want to see if anyone knows what they are.

Woo hoo! That will be great to get your own stamping space. Will DH let you have your classes there after you have your own space?
Old 05-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #495
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi folks - I am still here - great to see all the chat and that all are thriving . Congrats to Maggie and Kelly on their DT spots - I have tried several teams recently but have missed out - ah well, less pressure if DH is not well.

Talking of DH, he had his stitches out yesterday and all looks well healed, even if the one eye is still tweaked a bit upward at the outer corner. His chest is taking somewhat longer to clear....

Another trip to Hamilton today, right into the centre of the city so was a bit nerve racking - to the Blind foundation... DH was assessed for glare and magnification... with one magnifier and one set of glare reduction dark glasses we were done - could have spent a lot more though on the magnification gear, but you can't spend what you don't have!

Stopped for a much needed coffee part way home . We have two more trips there (Hamilton) this month, another one to DGS for his birthday, and one to Auckland to (of all things) babysit the other grand babies!! I think I will go on driving strike after that!!

You may not 'see'; much of me this month!
Thanks Maxine.

What do the doctors say about the way his eye looks? Are they at all concerned about it? You do keep busy with the doctor visits and the trips to see the grands. LOL! Yes, I'm sure you'd like to stay at home for awhile. With the winter coming up, do you get snow?
Old 05-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #496
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Whew! I'm gone one day and missed so much around here.......I was off playing "cowboy" again yesterday and it was LONG, HOT, and TIRING! Glad that was over with. Finally started home about 5:30 last night and got here in time to watch the Spurs that started at 8:30. Long day! And to top it all off.......I slept until 9:15 this morning!! I haven't done that since I was a teenager! Yikes! Half the day is already gone now! LOL!

Big congrats to Maggie and Kelly! WOOHOO! Proud of both of you!

My gelatos cards will be going up on Friday! YEA! I may even try to use some again sometime. Pretty much fun.
Glad that you returned safely and didn't get "roped" into anything else. Nice to get to sleep in like that. The latest I ever can sleep is about 8 a.m. and that doesn't happen very often. I always think I'm missing out on something.

Can't wait to see your card. I did get around to visit all the blogs last night. It's always great to see what everyone is doing.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:01 PM   #497
Quacker Stamper

I got out to walk at lunchtime again today. That makes 2 days this week and I hope I get to tomorrow. Not sure if it's Friday day that the rain is supposed to come or in the evening into Saturday.

I also had a productive day at work. I was working on making a merge form document in Word. I use forms a lot in my mediation/arbitrations and since we're supposed to switch to Word, I tried to create one myself and I DID IT! I was so surprised that it worked. I was able to find the directions online since it wasn't something that we learned in our class. This is very advanced. Then I was having a glitch when I was trying to insert a date or creating a header/footer. I had talked to our IT guy about it when we started a couple weeks ago and he didn't have any idea. So I got it into my head to google the error message I was getting and I was actually able to find the instructions on how to fix it. I found on my computer where the problem was and then went to the IT guy to have him make the fix just in case it would not be the right thing. It was and IT WORKED! That's 2 me and 0 for IT.

Took forever to get home tonight - about 1/2 hour more. The street that I normally take was all backed up for whatever reason so I took a turn, but I had to go right, when I really wanted to go left, but in the wrong lane for that. Took me too far out of my way to get back to where I was going and turned out to be just slow traffic everywhere!

Not sure if I told you about this other Meal Plan company that I found called Personal Trainer Food. It's a month-long plan (28 days) only the food is "real food" not processed or shelf stable. You get 56 packs of meat (different kinds) and 56 packs of veggies. All frozen. This is for lunch and dinner. I didn't order the breakfasts because they are basically eggs and I can do that. They do have snacks too, but they are nuts and sunflower seeds and I didn't order them either. I got a good deal on it so I wanted to give it a try because this is how I want to eat when I do quit Nutrisystem and if this works during the next month, then I may switch over to this instead of NS. Only thing I don't like is that you're not supposed to eat any kind of fruit or yogurts/milks. I don't think I'll be able to do that part. I need to have my banana everyday for my leg cramps, and I have yogurt in the afternoon for my snack with some fruit. You are allowed to have cheese though. Just want to see how it goes for this month and then I'll figure out where to go from there.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:45 PM   #498
Pearl-ExPert

Kristie, uck on that rash!!!! Hope it's cleared by now but know you still had a good time on the vacation.

Shelly, Happy Nurses Week - right? Think I read that somewhere!

Maggie, great on fixing that program in the computer! We'll just have to start going to you with all our computer problems now!

Kelly, can't wait to see your daughter in the prom dress. Know she'll be beautiful!

Waving hi to everyone!
Old 05-08-2014, 05:02 AM   #499
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Maggie, I loved reading all of your posts! You are an amazing woman!

Sooooooooo... Kelly, how many cups of coffee is today?

Barb, loved yesterday's flowers, but would have rather had Smoochie!

Lynn, it sounds like you had fun with your Gelatos. I still haven't tried mine. I am soooooo swamped right now! EEK! Too many lessons to prepare - Thailand (5 long days of lesson plans), Guest Speaker at Women's Banquet, weekly Bible study leader (hours and hours each week) and I'm taking a National Tutoring Children & Youth Certification course in Alabama in July, so have pre-workshop homework for that. My brain is on overload right now. LOL! Needless, to say, my blog has seen little activity in the past couple of weeks. I'm barely holding onto DT responsibilities.

Our DS is coming home for a visit. He'll arrive later today and won't leave until sometime next week............. so I'm going to be scarcer than scarce in the threads. I hope your weekend will be fantastic!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 05-08-2014, 06:34 AM   #500
SCS RAK Coordinator

We might hit 80 degrees today!

MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:48 AM   #501
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

OH Maggie, bless your heart - taking the scenic route home, LOL! Many times I have 'taken a short cut' that turned out to be a long cut! Glad you got your work figured out - ya'll need some teenagers up in that office, LOL!! As soon as there is a question or glitch - put your hand up, they'll fix it in 10 seconds flat - ROFL!!

Thanks, Lynn! She's excited to be going, though they are just good friends. He's the one that did not get into West Point It was his lifelong dream. But he IS going to The Citadel, hello! Not too shabby! And sometimes God is like that, just redirects us a little (or big!) bit! I just dropped off her dress at the seamstress since its way too long. She's already super thin and tall with her heels on but the dress is still too long.
CLEARLY she does NOT take after her mama, LOL! :/

Jeanette, enjoy the DS! I'm sure it will be wonderful to have the boys home at the same time

Saying hi to all and having to rush through!

I'm finally cashing in my Christmas Gift and going to see IL DIVO in concert tonight - WOOT WOOT! I love love love them! I have their Musical Affair in my car and know it by heart -- swoon! My dd19 is coming with me since it's in Miami Beach and she's also a big fan, dh said he would take me anywhere but I know that's not his thing, lol - that' s like trying to take me hunting or fishing!! Hee hee! I'll leave that for Lynn!

Hi Kristi, Nancy, Maxine (how's dh?!), Darlene, Barb .... did I miss anyone?

Love you, ladies!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:52 AM   #502
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Thanks Kelly.

I've never heard of them before. Isn't it amazing how many companies are out there. I could never keep up with all of them although I'd love to have images from all of them. I see so many cute ones as I go around commenting.

That's great! Congrats to your DD. I"m sure she'll have a fabulous time. That was some dress! Can't wait to see what she does get. My DGD's prom is 2 weeks I think. Her dress is a deep purple and with her blondish hair she'll look fabulous in it.
Your DGD is going to be beautiful!! I love that color It goes well with blondes Is she a Senior? This is my dd17's Jr year but she was asked by a Senior - one of her bffs

And that wasn't her dress! LOL!! She was just playing around in the stacks of dresses, singing and performing! It was hilarious! She's always singing/dancing/acting - she just never stops

Her dress is actually dark blue, almost black - but if you look in the natural light, it's navy blue - simple and elegant I did suggest she wear her sister's from last year, but her sister shot me a look like "UH NO!" So that was that, lol!!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #503
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Kristie, uck on that rash!!!! Hope it's cleared by now but know you still had a good time on the vacation.

Shelly, Happy Nurses Week - right? Think I read that somewhere!

Maggie, great on fixing that program in the computer! We'll just have to start going to you with all our computer problems now!

Kelly, can't wait to see your daughter in the prom dress. Know she'll be beautiful!

Waving hi to everyone!
You know I love Google. Wish I could work for them. I really believe that you can find just about anything on the Internet. It's a great tool. LOL! That'll be the day!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #504
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Maggie, I loved reading all of your posts! You are an amazing woman!

Sooooooooo... Kelly, how many cups of coffee is today?

Barb, loved yesterday's flowers, but would have rather had Smoochie!

Lynn, it sounds like you had fun with your Gelatos. I still haven't tried mine. I am soooooo swamped right now! EEK! Too many lessons to prepare - Thailand (5 long days of lesson plans), Guest Speaker at Women's Banquet, weekly Bible study leader (hours and hours each week) and I'm taking a National Tutoring Children & Youth Certification course in Alabama in July, so have pre-workshop homework for that. My brain is on overload right now. LOL! Needless, to say, my blog has seen little activity in the past couple of weeks. I'm barely holding onto DT responsibilities.

Our DS is coming home for a visit. He'll arrive later today and won't leave until sometime next week............. so I'm going to be scarcer than scarce in the threads. I hope your weekend will be fantastic!!!
Thank you Jeanette, but not really. Just that I'll take the time to go look for something especially when it directly affects me and I have no patience for waiting!

You are a very busy lady. I don't know how you have time to do everything.

Yeah! So nice to have your DS home for a visit. Enjoy your time with him.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:44 AM   #505
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

OH Maggie, bless your heart - taking the scenic route home, LOL! Many times I have 'taken a short cut' that turned out to be a long cut! Glad you got your work figured out - ya'll need some teenagers up in that office, LOL!! As soon as there is a question or glitch - put your hand up, they'll fix it in 10 seconds flat - ROFL!!

Thanks, Lynn! She's excited to be going, though they are just good friends. He's the one that did not get into West Point It was his lifelong dream. But he IS going to The Citadel, hello! Not too shabby! And sometimes God is like that, just redirects us a little (or big!) bit! I just dropped off her dress at the seamstress since its way too long. She's already super thin and tall with her heels on but the dress is still too long.
CLEARLY she does NOT take after her mama, LOL! :/

Jeanette, enjoy the DS! I'm sure it will be wonderful to have the boys home at the same time

Saying hi to all and having to rush through!

I'm finally cashing in my Christmas Gift and going to see IL DIVO in concert tonight - WOOT WOOT! I love love love them! I have their Musical Affair in my car and know it by heart -- swoon! My dd19 is coming with me since it's in Miami Beach and she's also a big fan, dh said he would take me anywhere but I know that's not his thing, lol - that' s like trying to take me hunting or fishing!! Hee hee! I'll leave that for Lynn!

Hi Kristi, Nancy, Maxine (how's dh?!), Darlene, Barb .... did I miss anyone?

Love you, ladies!
That's so exciting for your DD's friend to be accepted to The Citadel. That's awesome. Do they go into any particular branch of the Armed Forces when he is done with school? Can't wait to see the dress.

Fabulous that you are going to see Il Divo. I love their music. Next time they come here, I'm dragging my GF that went to see Josh Groban with me. That's nice that you are taking DD19 with you. Have fun! Now me, I'd love to go fishing. Not so much on the hunting though.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:48 AM   #506
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Your DGD is going to be beautiful!! I love that color It goes well with blondes Is she a Senior? This is my dd17's Jr year but she was asked by a Senior - one of her bffs

And that wasn't her dress! LOL!! She was just playing around in the stacks of dresses, singing and performing! It was hilarious! She's always singing/dancing/acting - she just never stops

Her dress is actually dark blue, almost black - but if you look in the natural light, it's navy blue - simple and elegant I did suggest she wear her sister's from last year, but her sister shot me a look like "UH NO!" So that was that, lol!!
Yes, she is. Can't believe that she's graduating this year. Where has the time gone?? Just got the Evite to the graduation party. There are 3 of the kids in the family that are graduating this year, so they are do a combined family party for all of them. They've set it at 4 PM on a Friday afternoon. I work until 5. So I guess I need to decide if I can take off early that day, otherwise I'll probably miss most of it because I wouldn't get there until about 5:30.

I bet she's going to be a knockout in that dress.

When my youngest DD got married, we did her bridesmaid dresses in navy blue velvet (January wedding) and with her blond hair, her sis looked great in it.
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:56 PM   #507
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
You know I love Google. Wish I could work for them. I really believe that you can find just about anything on the Internet. It's a great tool. LOL! That'll be the day!
I always tell my husband that I can find anything on Google lol! Great job on fixing your computer issues.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #508
Insane Embellisher

I am so happy to report that the rash is going away. My leg looks so much better than it did earlier in the week. I've spent a lot of time in the recliner with my legs up and I think it has been helping. Now if I could just catch up on sleep! So glad it's almost the weekend
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:24 AM   #509
SCS RAK Coordinator

ksmile1978 likes this post.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #510
Mad Swapper

It's a cold and clear Saturday here - feels as though we may have had our first (light) frost today.......... good for the washing later in the morning

I bought a stamping magazine yesterday, and was reading it last night before bed - and then couldn't sleep for all the ideas whizzing around my head I but and English publication Craft Stamping, and it has loads of innovative techniques and I love it!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #511
Mad Swapper

did the above in advanced, and now can't edit my boo boos!! I 'bought an English' is what I meant to write..........

Good to hear yo are recovering Kristie

Maggie - well done on using Google to your advantage - and showing up the TI!! - I often go to Google to find something out, but had not thought to use it for computer problems!

If you have not seen it, Lynn's use of the gelatos is amazing - two stunning cards! Well done our Lynn .

Kelly I hope your weekend is somewhat less than frantic for you

Shelly - not sure if you are still off work, but enjoy your time if you are - and I know I appreciate the nursing profession

Love your graphic's Barb

Darlene - it was great to see your fun card last night - glad to see you regaining your sense of humour - life must be looking up for you at last.

Jeanette - enjoy your visitor -sons are fun when they come home, as long as they don't boomerang and decide to stay for too long - as mine did. Told him when he got married that he was not to do that again!

Waving to you all and if I have missed somebody it was not intentional.
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:55 PM   #512
Pearl-ExPert

Quick check in here!

Yes, got the gelatos cards up this morning....TWO of them so I get a double plus on the TAT this month! LOL! They were fun but still not sure I know what I'm doing with them plus I only have that little pack of four colors.

Jeanette, you sound super busy but hope you're enjoying all the visitors!
Kristie, glad the rash is clearing now.
Maxine, so hard for me to think of you having winter and we're sweltering here! We did get 1/2 inch of much needed rain today. It was just nice to see what it looked like for a change.
Kelly, hope you enjoyed the concert!
Maggie, I'd probably just take off for that graduation party! Fun!
Barb and Nancy, hope all is going good with y'all.
Shelly, you've been super busy creating so many cards lately! And they're all beautiful.
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #513
Pearl-ExPert

Oops! Forgot Darlene.............Now how can we ever forget Darlene! LOL!!! Hope all is going good with you too and you should be started to get some warmer weather now.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #514
Pearl-ExPert

Nancy (and everyone else), I looked up on how to view an RSS feed which is how I subscribed to your blog. Here's the link:

http://www.life123.com/technology/in...apn&ap=ask.com

Still don't understand exactly how to view it.............anyone else want to take a look and clue me in?
Old 05-09-2014, 08:12 PM   #515
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Jeanette- what a blessing you are to all of the kids and families you will be ministering to in Thailand- cannot wait to hear about it! Hope you can relax and enjoy your son visiting!

Lynn- I am off to your blog next- did you enjoy playing with the Gelato's? It has been nice and warm here this week- in the 80's. It is going to cool off though- maybe back in the 60's- really......

Kristie, glad the rash is clearing now. Is the swelling going down?

Maxine- are you missing all of the fun and excitement yet? You are a busy Mom/G-ma this month! Hope you hubby is improving from the lung infection.

Kelly- the concert sounds like it would be a blast- you and your daughter- look like sisters- twins even : ) Bet the dress is fab!

Maggie- I am with Lynn- take off that Friday for graduation party and enjoy the weekend!

Darlene- if you really want to try the Gelato's- do- they are creamy color you can rub in with your fingers, or get them wet & watercolor- just like playing and getting dirty when we were little : )

Waving hi to everyone else!

Shelly
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:28 AM   #516
Gabfest Goddess

Morning all!! Happy Weekend!!

...And a blessed mother's day to all of you Moms out there!

Lynn: loved your gelato cards - WOW!! (and don't worry about "forgetting" me LOL. I have never felt that from any of you here!)

Maggie, that new food company sounds interesting. Due to my fussy digestion, I try to avoid all processed foods, not 100% successful, but it has REALLY helped me. So I'll check them out. The convenience might be a nice treat for me.
And Big High Five on the 2 - 0 win with IT!!! You go girl!! Merges with Word are very tricky and Word itself has so many ins & outs... You should be proud of yourself!

...All of the prom gals are GORGEOUS!!! Such an exciting time!

Maxine: I've lost track of your trips this month, but please travel safely and enjoy those visits! Glad to hear that hubby's eye is doing well. Now, if he could just kick that lung problem...{Hugs to you}

Jeanette: (I know that you won't see this for a few days) enjoy your son's visit! So happy that he is coming there. Wow, are you ever busy!!

Kristie: Good to hear that you are recovering from that horrible rash/infection. Take care of yourself, ok?

Barb: 80 degrees!!! You must love the gardening opportunities. We have chilly, cloudy, drizzle today, but tomorrow and Monday are promised to be great! Hoping to get some weeding/winter clean up done.

Shelly, how are you? Hoping that you get Mother's Day off and have some relaxation.

Nancy: your cards are so remarkable. I think that you should frame them.

Ummmm, if I missed anyone, please forgive me!

Old 05-10-2014, 05:29 AM   #517
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, dears!

Sounds like everyone is busy, busy and running to and fro! It was nice to sleep in this morning til 7:30 - heehee! I'll take what I can get!

Shelly, you are TOO KIND!! Your comments make me smile!

I'm heading to Michaels today to help my dd15 get her End of the Year Banquet upper classman gifts in order - we're doing a simple shells in a message bottle with matching photo frames. While I'm there, I'm sure I'm going to accidentally fall into the gelatos aisle, LOL!! I had to look them up on Pinterest for ideas and WOW, the amazing results!

Maggie, congrats to your family with all those graduates! Isn't it a wonderful time
It's nice they were able to combine it and it will make it so much easier for the guests, for sure! I'm sure she must be getting ready to head off to college in the Fall ~ we have to start looking into applications and scholarships this summer, eek!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 05-10-2014, 05:35 AM   #518
Gabfest Goddess

...You know it's been a long week, when you wake up on Saturday morning and you're glad that it's cloudy and rainy so that you can stay indoors and do housework and make cards!

Hehehehe

BTW: I posted too soon about the "drizzle". The skies opened and it's pounding down out there. Off to get dressed and start working on some cards. Hooray for me!

Old 05-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #519
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Quick check in here!

Yes, got the gelatos cards up this morning....TWO of them so I get a double plus on the TAT this month! LOL! They were fun but still not sure I know what I'm doing with them plus I only have that little pack of four colors.

Jeanette, you sound super busy but hope you're enjoying all the visitors!
Kristie, glad the rash is clearing now.
Maxine, so hard for me to think of you having winter and we're sweltering here! We did get 1/2 inch of much needed rain today. It was just nice to see what it looked like for a change.
Kelly, hope you enjoyed the concert!
Maggie, I'd probably just take off for that graduation party! Fun!
Barb and Nancy, hope all is going good with y'all.
Shelly, you've been super busy creating so many cards lately! And they're all beautiful.
Wow, Lynn! You really rocked those Gelatos. Love the cards that you made. The colors are really pretty and I like the dies that you used on the cards. Perfect!

I'll have to wait and see what the boss has on his calendar that day. Sometimes it's really hard to leave early on a Friday afternoon.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #520
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
It's a cold and clear Saturday here - feels as though we may have had our first (light) frost today.......... good for the washing later in the morning

I bought a stamping magazine yesterday, and was reading it last night before bed - and then couldn't sleep for all the ideas whizzing around my head I but and English publication Craft Stamping, and it has loads of innovative techniques and I love it!
It is sunny and hot today. The temp says 82, but it feels hotter than that with no breeze blowing. I was going to do some more work in the yard, but I am going to put that off until next Saturday.

I got a late start this morning - just messing around and not getting ready to go do my errands. I had to make a trip to the Toxic Waste Dump. They are only open on the weekends on the 2nd Saturday of the month, so today was the day. I get my NS food in large Styrofoam coolers. I wish I could think of something to use them for, but I couldn't so I took them along with a bunch of other styrofoam and a bag of those flourescent light bulbs that are supposed to last for many years, but seem to end up going out too soon. Stopped at the grocery store for the few things that I need plus outside cat food.