Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-27-2016, 12:37 PM   #5121
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Happy day, all! Getting majorly caught up today as it seems it's one thing or another 'round here!

LITTLE MAN IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my, what a trip! He had a blast - enjoyed (almost!) every second!! They swamp, ran, hiked, canoed, etc - camped in the open wilderness Wednesday night - gah! Very beautiful area - rustic but super trip for him (2 of the boys suffered horribly, in fact, one of the moms drove to Georgia to pick up her son! Yikes!) We love having him back home, bringing souveniers for us all INCLUDING a spider! Yep, crawled right out of his backpack as I unloaded it to do laundry! LAWD have mercy!

Maggie - Scouts teaches the boys independence - they can't call home every day to try to curb the dependence, etc. They have had a lot of issues in the past with as soon as the siblings, moms, etc get on the phones, the kids cry, the moms cry - etc.
They tell us this before you pay for camp, so the parents that have an issue with it, don't send your kid! (like me!) It's only 8 days, they can call IF they have an emergency or REALLY NEED TO, but they discourage it . We didn't get many pictures, as our leader was taking them on a phone that was full - he'd delete one picture to take another, etc - ugh!

Climbing mount laundry here today - then taking dd to work in a bit. So I'll wave to all and read back up later on!

xoxo
Glad to hear that DS had a great time at camp and you survived! Too bad about the photos.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-27-2016, 12:37 PM   #5122
Quacker Stamper

Ooops! I made a goof up! I signed up on Sunday to go to the Copics Boot Camp with Jennifer Dove in Tempe Arizona in November. It's the 9 - 13. Got all the arrangments made - flight, hotel, paid my deposit. Came in to work to put it on my boss's calendar and found out that our paralegal is going to be out of the office that whole week on vacation. Not sure how that's going to go over with the boss having us both gone for a couple of days. There is another girl assigned to my desk if I'm out so it may not be a problem. Besides it's months away and who knows what's going to happen between now and then. Boss is out of the office this afternoon, so I'll have to tell him when he gets back.

Tomorrow is his birthday and I brought him in one of the brownies that I made for dessert last night. I thought they were terrific - dark chocolate and very moist and fudgy. He said, "It wasn't as good as your other ones, good, but not AS good." Guess that might be the last time he gets brownies from me. Since my DGD has now decided that she is Vegan, I had to come up with a recipe. Found one in a Vegan Recipe magazine that uses tofu instead of the eggs. We all liked them and I bought some Nada Moo chocolate ice cream to go with - made with coconut milk. It was also pretty good. No complaints from any of the family.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:40 PM   #5123
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Argh Maggie how annoying - and unreliable!!! I would be frustrated, and mad, too!
{{{{{hugs}}}}}
I managed to get it all cleaned up. It just takes me twice as long with my bad low back and bum arm. Also, the little finger and ring finger on my left hand are giving me problems from that nerve that runs down the arm along the bone that got fractured.

Went to the orthopedist today and saw the PA. They took another X-ray and said that it is healing, but can still see the fracture so it's not completely healed up yet. If I still have issues in a month, then I should call. They will do an MRI and see if there is something that is not showing up on the X-rays. Otherwise, I go back in 2 months unless it's all healed up by then.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:09 PM   #5124
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies,

I am on the road to recovery. Today was my first day back to work. I think it's still going to take a little time to get back to 100% again. Three more days and then I have a nice 5 day weekend to continue to get better

Maggie - sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your arm/fingers. I hope it heals up soon!! Bummer about the house cleaner too. I would be mad paying the $ and then having them be flaky. LOL about the boss critiquing the brownie - think I would save them for myself after that!

Jeanette - hope you and DD are having a fab time on your cruise.

Barb - you are busy as always!! I haven't seen any new SU stuff yet as I was too busy and then sick to get to any classes. Hopefully next month!

Shelly - sending many prayers your way. I hope you had a great time in NJ and that the pain was at bay for the trip. I agree with Kelly, talk to your boss and hopefully you can both come up with a solution so you can work without putting your body through so much.

Kel - Good luck with the last week of your semester! Good to see you pop in.

Darlene - I hope your 3 weeks in Maine are restorative to your heart and soul. Please don't leave us!

Lynn - Good luck learning the new laptop. I like having the portability. I spent part of the afternoon on the deck yesterday with mine

Kelly - how fun to have a Disney trip planned! What happened to that family was heartbreaking

Maxine - you take it easy!! LOL at "iron" being a swear word - it is for me. I put more wrinkles in than I take out. Luckily DH is good at it

Okay, I think I'm caught up on all the news now. Hopefully I can better stay on top of it now.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM   #5125
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

NW NJ was beautiful. We enjoyed "Meeting the parents' and they had a very nice party. We had very early flights, so will need to catch up on sleep. We are getting ready for the party here- it is expensive- having a shower and an engagement party- I am having the majority of the food catered, doing minimal work.

Today is day 1 off steroids- hoping the back holds out. It is just OK, I am going to go in and see the doc about my neck tomorrow. I am still on muscle relaxants 3-4 times a day. I am going to make it thru until after the next day I work (7/7) and then talk to the boss- we'll see how I am by then.

Katie leaves for Europe for the month of July tomorrow- please pray for safe travels for her!

Kristi- glad your feeling a but better- so hard to keep getting sick- do you have allergies like me?

Maggie- love following your butterflies. I saw some milkweed it is blooming now- I did not know it bloomed....! LOL You have had an amazing number of butterflies- it is a new chore for you I would be so disappointed if I planned for cleaning and they did not come. The house does not really get terrible with just 2 of us here, but add one more (Katie) and it really makes a difference! Hope your arm continues to heal!

Maxine- swearing in public! Shame on you! LOL Glad you made it thru the kids living with you. Glad you are getting a reprieve from the rain and enjoying a little sunshine : )

Kelly- fun to hear your stories- love that the little guy enjoyed his scouting trip and fun the leader smuggles you pics during the week. Hope your vacation is awesome!

Jeanette- enjoy the cruise! Lucky ducky!

Lynn- I love my laptop- take it everywhere : ) Even to China...... I did add Windows 10, I think many of the glitches have been worked out of it, not really much new that I can think of.......

Kel- enjoy your Anniversary- yes, sometimes those special meals at home are better than a restaurant!

Barb sounds like a fun, fun show/night! My stamping demo moved to Florida, and I ran into her upline at church a few weeks ago, and told her to et me know when they have workshops- I miss stamping in a group.

Dear dear Darlene take your time- enjoy your vacation, come check in anytime you can and if/when you get to blogging, come around more. We will leave your name on the list here!

Hugs to all!

Shelly
Old 06-28-2016, 06:40 AM   #5126
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Old 06-29-2016, 07:19 AM   #5127
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Hump Day Wednesday!!!!!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:50 PM   #5128
Mad Swapper

Just a quick note - I will be off line for a couple of days - I am off to the big Stamp Expo in Auckland, leaving in just over an hour and not back until lat-ish Saturday . I have got the $$$ to have fun too
Behave yourselves, y'hear, and I catch up later in the week
Jeanette I trust the cruise has been all you ever wanted it to be!!
Shelly you look after that back of yours.
Kristie - it's good to see you on the mend.
Barb - enjoy the rest of your week
Maggie I trust you won't melt in that heat and humidity
Kelly have you had a chance to stop? - good to see you popping from time to time
Kel please take time to look for roses, even if you don't get to smell them

Waving to you all from a damp down under
Old 06-30-2016, 08:10 AM   #5129
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello friends!

I hope your week has been going FIN-tastic!
(yes! We are HUGE Shark Week fins - I mean, fans!)

We've been enjoying the freedom of summer and doing fun things, in between the summer rain. Yesterday my dd dragged me shopping for clothes and make up and a"what nots", literally shopping til I dropped! Then ds and I drove around to various 7-11s, which I confess was the first time since like High School?!!!!!!!!, looking for the shark cups, shark straws - all sold out. Will have to check ebay, I guess! But he did get the really cool shark donuts - blue frosting and gummy shark so he was happy Tomorrow we are going to see The Shallows - not my style movie, but hopefully it will be a hilariously ironic start to our beach weekend ♥

You girls are JAW-some (okay, I'll stop!) with your highlighted posts! I do read/answer in my head Like Maggie's arm, Shelly's back, Darlene's getting better prayers are constantly swirling. Wow, lucky girl - Maxine!! I haven't been to anything stamp/scrapbook related in years. And now that I had to downsize, and no room anyway, I guess that's better for me!

*WAVE-ing to all!*
xoxo
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 06-30-2016, 09:18 AM   #5130
Pearl-ExPert

I wouldn't even know how to catch up on all the chatter so won't try today. I did get the laptop and have said a few unsavory words about the whole thing - over and over and over. I like that I can move it from room to room but am having a horrid time using this keyboard. I keep hitting something (touchpad?) and it flips me back to the home page. It also didn't come with Microsoft Word so am either going to have to get on a monthly plan through here or buy the software. It's on here and all I have to do is sign up for it but just makes me angry it didn't come with it without having to pay. From what I understand alot of the new ones don't have it - because hey want you to buy it.
Also need to know what y'all use to crop and adjust photos, etc. I tried Picassa long time ago and never figured out what was what there. My old computer had a photo gallery and you could do it there. I'm just at a loss on this entire deal I think. At this rate I may never blog again. I'm not even sure I can find Blogger! LOL!
Hope everyone is good!
Old 06-30-2016, 11:13 AM   #5131
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon--have a Terrific Thursday!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2016, 01:00 PM   #5132
Mad Swapper

Lynn hold the function (Fn) key and then F5 and you will lock the finger pad and just have the keyboard working and life will be sweeter!! ... for typing anyway😃. I'm on my phone and can't figure a pm to you.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:50 PM   #5133
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks a million Maxine! I'll do it. My daughter said I could connect the old keyboard to this but want to see if I can use this instead.
Didn't you say one time you had PhotoScape to edit photos? Looking for something other than Picassa.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:12 PM   #5134
Mad Swapper

TC PM
Yes, I use photos cape and find it excellent.

Am at the expo and broke.... in an hour and half, gave up on do G tbeMisti, after hearing it was 'in house's and then found it too late 😞
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Thanks a million Maxine! I'll do it. My daughter said I could connect the old keyboard to this but want to see if I can use this instead.
Didn't you say one time you had PhotoScape to edit photos? Looking for something other than Picassa.
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:43 AM   #5135
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Friday. I have grocery shopping to do today as we have our 4th of July party on Sunday for about 30+ family and friends. I grill the brats, Italians and hot dogs along with making the hashbrown casserole while everyone else brings the other sides and desserts. Some relatives are staying here Saturday and Sunday nights. The weather for the long weekend is going to be fantastic! We got over an inch and a half of rain overnight, which was really needed--everything was a bit dry the past few weeks and seems to have greened up this morning!

I am not sure if I will be back online any more this weekend, so have a Happy 4th of July and enjoy the long weekend!

Indepence Day Glitter image

Old 07-02-2016, 01:37 AM   #5136
Mad Swapper

I'm home - and the friend who was with me and I came to an agreement (she started the process by offering) and I got a mini MISTI!!!!!!! whopppeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a fabulous time and a good trip home today - and it has stopped raining. This morning 'home' got a -4 oC frost. Brrrrrrrrr, but what a glorious day to follow. Better go and get sorted for bed - couldn't get here any sooner as we went to DD's for dinner/supper.

Barb you enjoy your party - that sounds awesome.

Waving before my arm freezes as we have another frost forecast for tonight.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:32 PM   #5137
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi ladies,

I am on the road to recovery. Today was my first day back to work. I think it's still going to take a little time to get back to 100% again. Three more days and then I have a nice 5 day weekend to continue to get better

Maggie - sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your arm/fingers. I hope it heals up soon!! Bummer about the house cleaner too. I would be mad paying the $ and then having them be flaky. LOL about the boss critiquing the brownie - think I would save them for myself after that!

Jeanette - hope you and DD are having a fab time on your cruise.

Barb - you are busy as always!! I haven't seen any new SU stuff yet as I was too busy and then sick to get to any classes. Hopefully next month!

Shelly - sending many prayers your way. I hope you had a great time in NJ and that the pain was at bay for the trip. I agree with Kelly, talk to your boss and hopefully you can both come up with a solution so you can work without putting your body through so much.

Kel - Good luck with the last week of your semester! Good to see you pop in.

Darlene - I hope your 3 weeks in Maine are restorative to your heart and soul. Please don't leave us!

Lynn - Good luck learning the new laptop. I like having the portability. I spent part of the afternoon on the deck yesterday with mine

Kelly - how fun to have a Disney trip planned! What happened to that family was heartbreaking

Maxine - you take it easy!! LOL at "iron" being a swear word - it is for me. I put more wrinkles in than I take out. Luckily DH is good at it

Okay, I think I'm caught up on all the news now. Hopefully I can better stay on top of it now.
Hey Kristie. Hope you are enjoying your 5 day weekend. I'm so glad to have 3 days off. I'm still looking for a cleaning lady, so if you know of anyone. . . I have some time to look now though. The kids are coming again next Sunday and the house is still pretty cleaned up from the last time. Just have to dust and do the floors.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:50 PM   #5138
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
NW NJ was beautiful. We enjoyed "Meeting the parents' and they had a very nice party. We had very early flights, so will need to catch up on sleep. We are getting ready for the party here- it is expensive- having a shower and an engagement party- I am having the majority of the food catered, doing minimal work.

Today is day 1 off steroids- hoping the back holds out. It is just OK, I am going to go in and see the doc about my neck tomorrow. I am still on muscle relaxants 3-4 times a day. I am going to make it thru until after the next day I work (7/7) and then talk to the boss- we'll see how I am by then.

Katie leaves for Europe for the month of July tomorrow- please pray for safe travels for her!

Kristi- glad your feeling a but better- so hard to keep getting sick- do you have allergies like me?

Maggie- love following your butterflies. I saw some milkweed it is blooming now- I did not know it bloomed....! LOL You have had an amazing number of butterflies- it is a new chore for you I would be so disappointed if I planned for cleaning and they did not come. The house does not really get terrible with just 2 of us here, but add one more (Katie) and it really makes a difference! Hope your arm continues to heal!

Maxine- swearing in public! Shame on you! LOL Glad you made it thru the kids living with you. Glad you are getting a reprieve from the rain and enjoying a little sunshine : )

Kelly- fun to hear your stories- love that the little guy enjoyed his scouting trip and fun the leader smuggles you pics during the week. Hope your vacation is awesome!

Jeanette- enjoy the cruise! Lucky ducky!

Lynn- I love my laptop- take it everywhere : ) Even to China...... I did add Windows 10, I think many of the glitches have been worked out of it, not really much new that I can think of.......

Kel- enjoy your Anniversary- yes, sometimes those special meals at home are better than a restaurant!

Barb sounds like a fun, fun show/night! My stamping demo moved to Florida, and I ran into her upline at church a few weeks ago, and told her to et me know when they have workshops- I miss stamping in a group.

Dear dear Darlene take your time- enjoy your vacation, come check in anytime you can and if/when you get to blogging, come around more. We will leave your name on the list here!

Hugs to all!

Shelly
What an exciting time! Glad that you're taking it easy with the wedding planning and having it catered. What did the doc say about your neck?

Yes the milkweed does bloom, but there are a variety of different kinds. My butterflies seem to like the ones with the red flowers to lay their eggs, although the caterpillars will eat the red or the yellow ones. I've still been releasing a few each day, but there don't seem to be as many as there was in the early Spring. Not sure if it's the weather or if the wasps are finding the little caterpillars before I do. I did find about 6-8 the last couple of days. We still have 3 months before they start their trip South for the Winter.

Hope that Katie has a safe journey and a fabulous trip. Is she going to a specific country or traveling around?
Old 07-02-2016, 07:55 PM   #5139
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Hello friends!

I hope your week has been going FIN-tastic!
(yes! We are HUGE Shark Week fins - I mean, fans!)

We've been enjoying the freedom of summer and doing fun things, in between the summer rain. Yesterday my dd dragged me shopping for clothes and make up and a"what nots", literally shopping til I dropped! Then ds and I drove around to various 7-11s, which I confess was the first time since like High School?!!!!!!!!, looking for the shark cups, shark straws - all sold out. Will have to check ebay, I guess! But he did get the really cool shark donuts - blue frosting and gummy shark so he was happy Tomorrow we are going to see The Shallows - not my style movie, but hopefully it will be a hilariously ironic start to our beach weekend ♥

You girls are JAW-some (okay, I'll stop!) with your highlighted posts! I do read/answer in my head Like Maggie's arm, Shelly's back, Darlene's getting better prayers are constantly swirling. Wow, lucky girl - Maxine!! I haven't been to anything stamp/scrapbook related in years. And now that I had to downsize, and no room anyway, I guess that's better for me!

*WAVE-ing to all!*
xoxo
I recall making trips like that around to different 7/11's when my girls were younger. There always seemed to be the latest craze. Glad that we don't do those things anymore. How was the movie? I want to see Tarzan and the BFG.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:00 PM   #5140
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
I wouldn't even know how to catch up on all the chatter so won't try today. I did get the laptop and have said a few unsavory words about the whole thing - over and over and over. I like that I can move it from room to room but am having a horrid time using this keyboard. I keep hitting something (touchpad?) and it flips me back to the home page. It also didn't come with Microsoft Word so am either going to have to get on a monthly plan through here or buy the software. It's on here and all I have to do is sign up for it but just makes me angry it didn't come with it without having to pay. From what I understand alot of the new ones don't have it - because hey want you to buy it.
Also need to know what y'all use to crop and adjust photos, etc. I tried Picassa long time ago and never figured out what was what there. My old computer had a photo gallery and you could do it there. I'm just at a loss on this entire deal I think. At this rate I may never blog again. I'm not even sure I can find Blogger! LOL!
Hope everyone is good!
Sorry Lynn about all the laptop issues. I do have issues with my mouse and the touchpad. I don't like using the touchpad, so I have a wireless mouse, but it does crazy things like jumping back on the page and deleting things. Here lately it's been very sensitive and when I go to open a new tab, it will open 2 or 3 at a time. See just there. I clicked on that emoji once and it posted 3 of them. Sorry you didn't get Word with the computer. I thought that they all came with these days. I have it on this one, but my other one was refurbished, so it didn't come with it which is okay since I have it on this one. I use Photoshop. I've tried Picassa also and it worked pretty well.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:02 PM   #5141
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies--Happy Friday. I have grocery shopping to do today as we have our 4th of July party on Sunday for about 30+ family and friends. I grill the brats, Italians and hot dogs along with making the hashbrown casserole while everyone else brings the other sides and desserts. Some relatives are staying here Saturday and Sunday nights. The weather for the long weekend is going to be fantastic! We got over an inch and a half of rain overnight, which was really needed--everything was a bit dry the past few weeks and seems to have greened up this morning!

I am not sure if I will be back online any more this weekend, so have a Happy 4th of July and enjoy the long weekend!

Indepence Day Glitter image
Sounds like a fun party time Barb. Looks like your razzle dazzle didn't work like it was supposed to.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:03 PM   #5142
Quacker Stamper

I've got a low key weekend. My niece is having the family out to the Lake tomorrow and I chose not to go. Just didn't want to drive out there 2 hours sit around in the hot sun and drive 2 hours back. I haven't heard anything about a get together on the 4th like we used to do. Plenty to do around here so it's not a big deal. Worked this morning on reconciling my bank accounts, then did some organizing. My sis called to tell me about some milkweed plants at Home Depot, so I went on up there and got the last 7 they had. After having some dinner I went out and did some transplanting some of them. I'll be doing some more work on Monday morning while it's still cool out. Going to go do some organizing in my storage room. I found some canned goods that have expired, so I need to go through them all and get rid of all those.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:09 AM   #5143
Watercolor Wizard

hugs friends! just popping in really quickly. kids have 2 of their cousins sleeping over so i'm enjoying being on the other side of the house because it's midnight and i can hear them laughing and the baby screaming... at least they're having fun though right?? haha.

hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
Old 07-04-2016, 05:58 PM   #5144
SCS RAK Coordinator

I tried to fix it but it still does not work-Uncle Sam must not like this thread!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Sounds like a fun party time Barb. Looks like your razzle dazzle didn't work like it was supposed to.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:52 AM   #5145
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I'm home from my FABULOUS cruise... and trying to get things back in order at home. LOL! Note to self: two guys can make chaos when left home alone for an extended period of time.

I am not going to try to read the thread, since I'm so behind... so please let me know if I've missed anything important.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 07-05-2016, 06:25 AM   #5146
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Tuesday. I hope all of you had a wonderful 4th of July holiday. Our party was wonderful--about 35 people enjoyed great food, lots of laughter, fun games and awesome weather! Yesterday was a calm day after our houseguests left and was time to relax....................... I do not have much on my agenda this week, so I can spend some time inside crafting and outside in the gardens. It is supposed to get into the 90's again this week, so probably more time inside than out!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:02 PM   #5147
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

I'm home from my FABULOUS cruise... and trying to get things back in order at home. LOL! Note to self: two guys can make chaos when left home alone for an extended period of time.

I am not going to try to read the thread, since I'm so behind... so please let me know if I've missed anything important.

Welcome home Jeanette! Glad you had a great time. Did your DD come back with you or did you leave her up in Alaska????

Let me see:

Barb decided to go back to work in the shoe department of J C Penney.
Kelly is teaching her DS how to drive so she doesn't have to keep carting him around everywhere!
Shelly is fed up with her work and is going to be a Wedding Planner.
Maxine is going to come stateside and reside in Texas where the weather is great almost all year around.
Lynn can't be too far from Jim, so she's going to take up dog walking. That way she can keep an eye on Rambo too.
Kel won't leave Hawaii no matter what but she's now on 6 design teams and is taking a full load of classes and was offered a Professorship in Child Education as soon as she gets done!
Maggie - I gave my notice at work!

Old 07-05-2016, 06:03 PM   #5148
Quacker Stamper

We had a few fireworks out in the street, but not too bad. It's been worse. I did see 2 stuffed animals out in front of my house this morning. Not sure if they took part in the celebration or what???? The noise doesn't seem to bother my kitties at all.

I didn't go anywhere most all of the weekend. I spent time either working outside doing some planting an cleaning up the flower beds or cleaning up and organizing my storage room. I only had to toss a few cans that were stamped 2014 or before. I also spent time in there cleaning up and organizing all my scrapbook stuff. Of course, now my stamp room looks like a tornado went through it. My DD called me yesterday about 10 to see if I wanted to go with them to see Finding Dory. They were going at 1:30. I had been working out in the yard and was hot and dirty and not finished yet, so I begged off. The theater is way past out where they live and would probably have taken me 45 minutes to get there. I did feel so good after I was all done with the inside and outside.

I watched most of the Boston Pops. I love hearing their music. The Boston Pops was on CBS here in H Town. I enjoyed it.

I got back to walking today. I wanted to see how my toe would be. It was somewhat sore, but I was able to deal with that. It was my lower right back that really hurt. It's the same area that always hurts/burns when I'm cleaning and why I am trying to find a cleaning lady. I pushed through it thought and got in my walk. Then when I got home I got out my Leslie Sansome 5 Mile Walk DVD and did the 1st mile walk. That about killed me. I'm so out of shape, but hope to at least do one or the other every day. The DVD was easier on my back, but got to my calves.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:59 AM   #5149
Mad Swapper

Maggie I love your post about who is doing what !!

Rain here again after a few days sunshine (and frosts) but hopefully I can get out into the studio and play with my goodie stash from the expo - thought I had Friday afternoon free but have had a phone call from DD to accommodate and feed her DH and 2 children Friday afternoon after school and tea that night!! One day............. I'll get there and have a play.

Waving from down under, and hoping the breeze from m,y waving does not fan the fires in CA as it speeds to you all
Old 07-06-2016, 05:12 AM   #5150

Barb, I'm glad your party was a hit!

Maggie, LOL! You had me in stitches! I love your sense of humor!!! That being said, you've made me so curious, I may NEED to go back and read the thread.

DD did not come home with me. When we arrived back in Seattle from the cruise, I flew home and she flew to Alaska. She doesn't have to be back to work for a month, so she's spending a couple of weeks visiting friends in other villages in Alaska.

Maxine, it is rainy here this week, too.......... too much rain. Flooded fields. Poor farmers, this happens nearly every summer here.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-06-2016, 05:20 AM   #5151
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends! I did spend some time in the stamp room yesterday but I also took a nap in the afternoon.......... I think the weekend is catching up with me! We had a storm roll through early this morning and we got a little rain with it. We are to get more later today, along with high temps!

I Thought Jeanette could use a few kisses today to keep her going as I am sure she missed Smoochy!

Old 07-06-2016, 05:27 AM   #5152

SMOOCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (oh how I've missed you!)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Barb, it's that "older-than-dirt" stage that's catching up with you, not the weekend.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-07-2016, 04:02 AM   #5153

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-07-2016, 06:40 AM   #5154
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Stamping Friends. I hope you have a great day--I am spending some time in the stamp room and meeting a friend for lunch!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:45 PM   #5155
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Maggie I love your post about who is doing what !!

Rain here again after a few days sunshine (and frosts) but hopefully I can get out into the studio and play with my goodie stash from the expo - thought I had Friday afternoon free but have had a phone call from DD to accommodate and feed her DH and 2 children Friday afternoon after school and tea that night!! One day............. I'll get there and have a play.

Waving from down under, and hoping the breeze from m,y waving does not fan the fires in CA as it speeds to you all
hahaha! Couldn't resist playing into Jeanette's post about not back reading!

Sorry that you lost your play day. I'm still cleaning and hope to get my stamp room in ship shape this evening so I can get some work done in there.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:47 PM   #5156
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Barb, I'm glad your party was a hit!

Maggie, LOL! You had me in stitches! I love your sense of humor!!! That being said, you've made me so curious, I may NEED to go back and read the thread.

DD did not come home with me. When we arrived back in Seattle from the cruise, I flew home and she flew to Alaska. She doesn't have to be back to work for a month, so she's spending a couple of weeks visiting friends in other villages in Alaska.

Maxine, it is rainy here this week, too.......... too much rain. Flooded fields. Poor farmers, this happens nearly every summer here.

Hahaha! I don't have much of an imagination or I would have thought of some really good things to say.

Glad you had a good time on the cruise with DD. Did you have some off the ship tours?
Old 07-07-2016, 09:24 PM   #5157
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Well, I gave my notice at work today- last day end of this month, after the 15th (which is 2 more work days), I am working my last 5 days as 6 hour shifts.

I got a trigger point shot in my neck (so much better) and one in a muscle in my buttocks- where the back shoots pains. It really calmed it down, but it hurts when I move the wrong way, etc. I am still on muscle relaxants and using ice and the TENS unit as needed.

My hubby is leaving for Philly for Cubs vs Philly baseball on Friday and Saturday- with college friends. They do a trip to a different city each year. I have 2 parties on Saturday, one in the afternoon and one at night. Otherwise, I am going to stamp a bit : )

The wedding shower and engagement party went well. I had the food catered- so much better than my usual- making lots of food. Family reunion the next day was good- I was in a flat mood- a bit tired.... It was fun to see Mom having a blast!

Everyone has been busy- fun to catch up on the thread- I will catch up on blogs and blogging tomorrow!

Shelly
Old 07-07-2016, 09:29 PM   #5158
Mad Swapper

Oh Shelly - that will be a huge life change for you to stop work - but your health is much more important - glad to hear you have some relief, and that by having your party catered you were able to enjoy it.

Wet and cold here, but I have got myself all organised to spend most of the weekend in the studio - I hope!!

Hugs and waves from down under
Old 07-08-2016, 06:24 AM   #5159
SCS RAK Coordinator

I have hostess club this afternoon and Sarah has posted the cards on her blog and they sure look cute! No major plans this weekend, so that is good too......
Old 07-08-2016, 07:21 AM   #5160

Maggie, I kind of left the shore time to DD's choice... and most ports she preferred walking around... and walking... and walking. LOL! We searched for geocaches, shopped, looked at architecture, went to libraries, etc. In Ketchikan, we saw a lumberjack show. It was fun! In Juneau, we found the capital - it's under renovation - and the governor's mansion. In Skagway, we did a full-blown excursion (5 hours)... rode a bus to the top of the mountain with photo opps along the way and then rode a train back down the mountain. In Victoria Canada, we enjoyed beautiful flowers!

BTW, if you're interested in seeing it, one of the Bible Journaling pages I did on the cruise is on my blog today.

Shelly, I'm glad the shots have helped a little... so sorry about all the things you're going through. I'm guessing your "notice" was due to your health, and not a want to kind of thing... so I'll hold off on congrats. (((HUGS)))

Barb, it sounds like a fun day for you! I hope you'll show us pictures after club.

Maxine, I hope your weekend goes as planned - crafting the time away in your studio!

Find Me on Instagram