Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-18-2016, 05:51 PM   #5081
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Happy Friday- yeah for the weekend. What is everyone doing for Father's Day?

We will head to Dubuque tomorrow to visit Stephi and will stay North of Dubuque in a house on the Mississippi (Airbnb). It looks like it is in the middle of no where....looks nice and relaxing!

I broke down and bough the magazine with the Altenew stamps- the Stamping FB page everyone says they are not the same quality as the Altenew stamps, but they were OK. I made a card for my piano teacher- made a couple of SCS challenges this week.

I was able to work the last couple of days- still on steroids and muscle relaxants. Ice on the back every hour or so....... I did have a disc herniate, and they cannot do any surgery because I have an unstable SI joint..... So, I start PT on Tuesday of next week - try that for three weeks then if that does not work, shot into the joint with a steroid. Oh boy......

Barb, your trip sounds fabulous! I think one day I will end up living in Colorado....... We'll see. You sure live life!

Jeanette- glad the VBS went well and hope you enjoy St Louis!

Lynn- be careful with those young docs- never know what kind of trouble they can get you into! LOL

Kel- hope the semester flies by, then you can relax a spell before the next one starts. I can just imagine living in the beautiful area you live in- we were there for our honeymoon- 29 yrs ago.

Kelly- fun times for the summer- glad you will have a little more time to relax!

Maggie- love the butterflies you care for and hearing how much they eat! Fun that you get to go to SLC to see your niece : )

Waving hello to everyone else- and have a great weekend!

Shelly
Sorry that your back is still giving you pain and suffering. I hope that the PT works for you and you won't have to have shots. I've had them before for various things. For the most part they were okay. Didn't really hurt and helped for a time. Unfortunately, you have to keep having them periodically as they wear off. The worst time was when I hurt my foot last year and my primary doctor gave me one of those shots in my big toe. I almost went through the ceiling! That one did really hurt and didn't do much for my toe so that won't happen again.

I'm also considering a stamping trip this year. There's a group of us that met together 2 years ago at the last ScrapFest and had a great time. We've been trying to get together again since then and it hasn't worked out. There's talk of going to the CKC convention in Tulsa in August, but it doesn't look like everyone is going to be able to make that trip. If it doesn't happen, then I am considering signing up for Jennifer Dove's Boot Camp in November in Phoenix. One or the other, just not sure which one yet.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-18-2016, 05:53 PM   #5082
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
oh shelly that sounds so painful!! i hope the PT works for you

enjoying my day off! saturdays are my only real reprieve from homework since everything is due friday night. off to do some crafting and spend time with the family since DH is off as well... but still sleeping with the baby so i get some ME time until they wake up!! lol!!

happy saturday friends, hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
Hope you were able to enjoy your "me" time. You certainly don't get that much of it with all that you do. It's a wonder you get any sleep at all.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:45 PM   #5083
Mad Swapper

Hello to you all - we are just two again - whoopie doo!! although it is awfully quiet around here now - some folks are never satisfied Family moved out Wednesday after 5 1/2 weeks of character building for us all.

Maggie you really are dedicated to your butterflies.

Kel I really don't know how you do all that you do - hope you had a great 'me' time.

Barb you get away sounds fabulous - safe travels home

Shelly your back sounds horrible, and terribly painful - do pray that the PT sorts it for you

Kelly your summer sounds almost as busy as your term time - I saw your DS and his scout troop photo on f/b - hope you are praying and not worrying

Jeanette I am looking forward to seeing you back - I miss yours and Barb's chit chat. hope your trip has been profitable.

Anybody heard from Darlene of late? I have seen a f/b post, and a blog post recently - hope she pops back in here soon.

Waving to you all - we have had a fine day today, and another tomorrow, although we have to wait for the fog to clear....
Old 06-19-2016, 12:26 PM   #5084
Pearl-ExPert

Just letting y'all know my computer crashed - completely. Working on getting another one and probably a laptop this time. Trying to at least keep up with email on my baby iPad but I'm not a two finger typist and can't zip through like the teenagers text these days. Guess you'll see me when you see me. Trying to decide if I want harass myself with Windows 10 or have them install Windows 7. Any suggestions on that? Which would be easier for someone that's not smart on one of these things......at all!
Old 06-19-2016, 12:30 PM   #5085
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Just letting y'all know my computer crashed - completely. Working on getting another one and probably a laptop this time. Trying to at least keep up with email on my baby iPad but I'm not a two finger typist and can't zip through like the teenagers text these days. Guess you'll see me when you see me. Trying to decide if I want harass myself with Windows 10 or have them install Windows 7. Any suggestions on that? Which would be easier for someone that's not smart on one of these things......at all!
So sorry to hear about your computer Lynn.

As to Windows 10 or 7. I'm still running 7 on both of my laptops. I know it is so much easier than 10 and I am not that savvy on the layout of 10. I know people who installed 10 with no issues and I know some who did and had problems with it. So I guess it's a toss up. I guess I'll wait until they say that the free upgrade is over.
Old 06-19-2016, 11:37 PM   #5086
Mad Swapper

I had Windows 10 put on my laptop with no problems, and have been able to suss it out ok. There are a couple of aspects I am not that enamored of, but it works ok and there are other bits that I like about it. My pick is that once it is not free, "they" will then stop supporting the older Windows programs, like they did vista, which means there are not the security updates etc. which leaves us vulnerable to hackers etc
Old 06-20-2016, 05:26 AM   #5087
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Remember me? I disappeared for an out-of-town trip, then life really got hectic so I didn't make it back again... until today. And today will be a quick run through, as I have way too much to do this week before I can leave (with DD) on Thursday). EEK!!! Anyone want to help me tackle my "To Do" list???

That being said, I'm not going to comment to everyone, but I did read the posts and have loved "catching up" on the happenings!

Shelly, I am praying the PT gives you relief. Ouch!

Maggie, was your doctor appointment for your arm?

Waving to everyone else....... and looking forward to bantering with Barb again soon. (But remember, I leave Thursday and won't be back again until July.)

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:43 AM   #5088
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--home in Wisconsin.......... We had a fantastic vacation, but as usual, it is good to be home. Our neighbor boys did a great job of watering all of our plants as it was very hot here last week. The grass was actually not too long and when roomie cut it yesterday afternoon, it does not look like rows of hay now............... And--the musical, Little Mermaid, that we saw at the Rocky Mountain Repertory Theatre in Grand Lake Friday night, was very good. It as opening night, so a few glitches, but still good. It was a hoot to see how the "fish" moved around--they wore those tennis shoes with wheels in the heals, so they rolled around the stage that way

There is lots and lots to do this week. We have hired a brother and sister from our church--teens--to do some yard work for us--spreading mulch, digging out some shrubs, painting our deck and possibly a few other things. I am not sure there will be much stamping time this week, but we'll see.

Have a Great Monday!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:43 AM   #5089
SCS RAK Coordinator

I too have Windows 10 and have not had any issues with it--it has been on this laptop since late last summer I think.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:40 AM   #5090
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Tuesday!!!!

I opened a new birthday swap last night--categories for adult male and female, along with one for a child. Please come and join us--the link is in my siggy!
Old 06-21-2016, 07:34 AM   #5091
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning - horrible rain storm here, too bad to get out in it so no errands or trips out today, not even for Starbucks!! It's a keurig kinda of day here! I hope it lets up soon - it's awful, awful out there.

I read on Lynn's blog that she dropped her computer and it might be awhile before she's back?! Not sure how she posted that though - hopefully she will be back soon!

I'm going to use today to STAMP all day - so I'll wave and send hugs to all!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 06-21-2016, 07:56 PM   #5092
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Well, I went to the PT today and got bad news- he says I am in a bad way, and told me I could only take 5 minute walks, need to take it easy...and to consider not working at a job where I sit all day.

I have had a couple of shots of cortisone in misc places- bottom of foot (absolutely the worst pain ever), neck trigger points, elbow, etc...but never into the spine. I got the idea he thinks once I am off steroids I am going to be getting shots- need one in SI joint, one in lumbar spine and in neck...... I am unable to do any lifting and he really drilled it into me over and over that I need to NOT go crazy with the upcoming bridal shower and engagement party.

We are heading to NJ for the engagement party there this Sat, and he strongly advised me to go with drugs- muscle relaxants and steroids just in case...... He is a very good therapist, I have seen him before and he never came off that strongly. I came home very sad...... Reality or something. I am going to talk to my boss again, just not worth it to keep working at a sitting job and make myself worse.

Waving hello to all- just not in too much of a chatty mood..... I hope all is well with you all. Please say a quick prayer- for God's will for me!

Shelly
Old 06-22-2016, 03:48 AM   #5093

Oh, Shelly, that is not good news. (((HUGS & PRAYERS)))

Barb, it's so good to see you in the threads... catching up at home, etc.

Kelly, did you really get to play with paper/ink yesterday?

FYI - My DD and I leave TOMORROW morning for our Alaskan Bible Journaling cruise... so unless I pop back in here later today, you won't see me here until the first week of July.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-22-2016, 06:18 AM   #5094
SCS RAK Coordinator

Shelley--I hope your trip is uneventful and not painful!

Jeanette--Have a Fantastic Trip!
Old 06-22-2016, 06:18 AM   #5095
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning. Happy, Happy Hump Day!!!!
This is for Jeanette to keep her smiling while she is gone........

Old 06-22-2016, 08:29 AM   #5096
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Shelly, prayers and more prayers! You have such a busy schedule coming up with the engagement party and traveling - you MUST get better, you just must! Have they set a wedding date? I can't remember. I'm sorry you were given sad news, but you are so strong and have a great support system around you. I know if anyone can make all the things you need to do happen, you can. And yes - talk to your boss! You never know what answers await if you don't ask.

Happy travels, Jeanette! We are leaving next week for a 3 day 'up North' trip - a cabin, lazy river, tubing! We will jumping IN the water, you will stay OUT OF the water - LOL! Then in mid-August, we have our Disney trip booked and ready ... but after that accident with the little boy, it makes me sad to think of that family.

Little man is having a blast at camp, I'm told. In the 'ahem, smuggled!' pictures I'm seeing he is constantly smiling and doing EVERYTHING there is to do. He's such an adventurous little guy.

The sun is out so dd and I are heading out in a bit - waving to all!
Old 06-22-2016, 03:48 PM   #5097
Insane Embellisher

Ladies - I've been MIA and will probably continue to be for a bit. I've been sick since Friday night with bronchitis again (had it exactly a month ago, not sure if I caught it again or relapsed). I was at the doctor on Saturday, Monday and today. Today he sent me for a chest xray and bloodwork. He has me out of work for the rest of the week and I follow up with him on Friday. Please pray I start to turn a corner soon. Thank you.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:46 PM   #5098

Smoochy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Barb!

I'll try Kelly! I hope you have a great trip, too!!!

Kristie, I'm sorry you're sick... again.

I'm outa here... see y'all in July!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:48 PM   #5099
Mad Swapper

Safe and happy travels Jeanette - sure you can't smuggle me aboard??

Kelly you have a great trip too - and I trust your DS comes home safe and well and buzzzzzzzzing - oh, and brings all his washing and not somebody elses

Shelly will be praying for you - not the news you wanted to hear!!

Kristie that sounds horrible - bronchitis is the pits - will pray for you too.

Barb - good to hear you had an awesome weekend - at least you will be here over the next few days

Maggie - trust all is well with you - strange not to pop in a see a list of replies and posts from you - how are all your flutterby babies??

Kel have you had time to stop and smell the roses yet this summer??

I have been helping the other 'kids' clean in the kitchen of the house they transported into town ages ago - they are still not in, but have sold their current house, so need to get in by the 4th - unfortunately it has played havoc with my wrists and hands so I am currently trying to take life a little more gently, but had to clean out house today.... ironing this afternoon (sorry to swear) and hopefully some cards tomorrow....

Waving to you all, and sending hugs and prayers from down under
Old 06-22-2016, 11:14 PM   #5100
Watercolor Wizard

maxine - i haven't even been able to check if there are roses!! haha. but almost done with this session's craziness, my final day of the first session is next friday, july 1st. and then the next week i start with two more classes but only one is writing intensive so i'm *hoping* it will be a calmer, less demanding session.

shelly - i'm so sorry about your back please take care!!!

kristie - feel better soon. i hope whatever it is (new or relapse) you get better and it doesn't come back!!

jeanette - hugs, happy (and safe) travels to you!

kelly - hope you got some stamping time in! and sounds like you have lots of fun planned too!! my niece is moving to florida end of july/august, working at disneyworld with the college program. she and her long-time boyfriend actually decided to move to florida for a while and so we might make a trip out before they leave... not sure exactly when though!!

hugs to everyone else... DH and i celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary tomorrow so i'm looking forward to a good dinner... he's grilling per my request we were thinking of going out but it's so much easier to just eat at home with the kiddos underfoot. alright, back to essays! haha. finish this week and then only one more week of this... i can do it!! haha!! ttyl!
Old 06-23-2016, 07:24 AM   #5101
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Thursday!

I am heading to the stamp room to make a few cards and to get items organized for Camp Stamp-in-Oga this weekend. We are also dog sitting for Jasper for a week so I have a buddy by my side!
Old 06-23-2016, 10:32 AM   #5102
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Remember me? I disappeared for an out-of-town trip, then life really got hectic so I didn't make it back again... until today. And today will be a quick run through, as I have way too much to do this week before I can leave (with DD) on Thursday). EEK!!! Anyone want to help me tackle my "To Do" list???

That being said, I'm not going to comment to everyone, but I did read the posts and have loved "catching up" on the happenings!

Shelly, I am praying the PT gives you relief. Ouch!

Maggie, was your doctor appointment for your arm?

Waving to everyone else....... and looking forward to bantering with Barb again soon. (But remember, I leave Thursday and won't be back again until July.)

Sorry I've been MIA lately. Been a bit busy at work and every night I've had something that I had to do. Tonight is Single Chicks and we're going to a buffet place called K Pops! It's Japanese and Brazilian food and really yummy. My boss has taken us there for lunch a couple of times. Looking forward to being with the girls.

No, it wasn't for my arm. I go to the orthopedist on Monday. I don't know what he's going to say because it's still giving me problems and I also have issues with my ring finger and little finger on my left hand with pain and bending them to pick up things. It's been 3 months today. I tried to call the number of the insurance company and when it answered, they asked for an authorization code??? Don't know what that is all about because I never had that problem before when I called. We haven't gotten any of the insurance papers that they were supposed to send out to us and I wanted to find out where they were.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:34 AM   #5103
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Good Morning - horrible rain storm here, too bad to get out in it so no errands or trips out today, not even for Starbucks!! It's a keurig kinda of day here! I hope it lets up soon - it's awful, awful out there.

I read on Lynn's blog that she dropped her computer and it might be awhile before she's back?! Not sure how she posted that though - hopefully she will be back soon!

I'm going to use today to STAMP all day - so I'll wave and send hugs to all!
I saw that too, but maybe it was on FB. I think she said she was using her phone to post, but that was too hard to keep up here.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #5104
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Well, I went to the PT today and got bad news- he says I am in a bad way, and told me I could only take 5 minute walks, need to take it easy...and to consider not working at a job where I sit all day.

I have had a couple of shots of cortisone in misc places- bottom of foot (absolutely the worst pain ever), neck trigger points, elbow, etc...but never into the spine. I got the idea he thinks once I am off steroids I am going to be getting shots- need one in SI joint, one in lumbar spine and in neck...... I am unable to do any lifting and he really drilled it into me over and over that I need to NOT go crazy with the upcoming bridal shower and engagement party.

We are heading to NJ for the engagement party there this Sat, and he strongly advised me to go with drugs- muscle relaxants and steroids just in case...... He is a very good therapist, I have seen him before and he never came off that strongly. I came home very sad...... Reality or something. I am going to talk to my boss again, just not worth it to keep working at a sitting job and make myself worse.

Waving hello to all- just not in too much of a chatty mood..... I hope all is well with you all. Please say a quick prayer- for God's will for me!

Shelly
So, so sorry Shelly. I hope you can work things out. Guess you best listen to the therapist and do what the doctor tells you.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:39 AM   #5105
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Oh Shelly, prayers and more prayers! You have such a busy schedule coming up with the engagement party and traveling - you MUST get better, you just must! Have they set a wedding date? I can't remember. I'm sorry you were given sad news, but you are so strong and have a great support system around you. I know if anyone can make all the things you need to do happen, you can. And yes - talk to your boss! You never know what answers await if you don't ask.

Happy travels, Jeanette! We are leaving next week for a 3 day 'up North' trip - a cabin, lazy river, tubing! We will jumping IN the water, you will stay OUT OF the water - LOL! Then in mid-August, we have our Disney trip booked and ready ... but after that accident with the little boy, it makes me sad to think of that family.

Little man is having a blast at camp, I'm told. In the 'ahem, smuggled!' pictures I'm seeing he is constantly smiling and doing EVERYTHING there is to do. He's such an adventurous little guy.

The sun is out so dd and I are heading out in a bit - waving to all!
Have fun on your trip North! It is very sad about what happened at Disney. I hope you'll still be able to enjoy your trip there.

Glad that your DS is having fun at camp. Why do they have to "smuggle" picturess? They should be posting lots so parents can see all the fun they are having.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:40 AM   #5106
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Ladies - I've been MIA and will probably continue to be for a bit. I've been sick since Friday night with bronchitis again (had it exactly a month ago, not sure if I caught it again or relapsed). I was at the doctor on Saturday, Monday and today. Today he sent me for a chest xray and bloodwork. He has me out of work for the rest of the week and I follow up with him on Friday. Please pray I start to turn a corner soon. Thank you.
Sorry Kristie that you are sick. Lots of icky stuff going around. Listen to the doctor and rest and take care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:47 AM   #5107
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Safe and happy travels Jeanette - sure you can't smuggle me aboard??

Kelly you have a great trip too - and I trust your DS comes home safe and well and buzzzzzzzzing - oh, and brings all his washing and not somebody elses

Shelly will be praying for you - not the news you wanted to hear!!

Kristie that sounds horrible - bronchitis is the pits - will pray for you too.

Barb - good to hear you had an awesome weekend - at least you will be here over the next few days

Maggie - trust all is well with you - strange not to pop in a see a list of replies and posts from you - how are all your flutterby babies??

Kel have you had time to stop and smell the roses yet this summer??

I have been helping the other 'kids' clean in the kitchen of the house they transported into town ages ago - they are still not in, but have sold their current house, so need to get in by the 4th - unfortunately it has played havoc with my wrists and hands so I am currently trying to take life a little more gently, but had to clean out house today.... ironing this afternoon (sorry to swear) and hopefully some cards tomorrow....

Waving to you all, and sending hugs and prayers from down under
Miaxine, please take care of yourself and especially your hands and wrists after just having them fixed up with surgery. You don't want to have to go through that again. The kids are just going to have to understand that you have limitations.

LOL! Yes, "iron" is a 4 letter word.

Sorry I haven't been on, but life has been busy lately and yes the flutterbys have been adding to that busyness every day. I've been able to release a bunch more over the last several weeks. Last night I had 3 left from the day before that didn't want to leave, but when I got home from work last night I was able to convince them that they need to be outside the hutch, flying around looking for a mate, and laying more eggs! One of them even had a little bit of a tattered wing. Not sure what happened to it unless it was brushing it up against the screening. It was still able to fly away with it.

I've got a new cleaning lady coming on Saturday. I was a little confused because I got an email today confirming the appointment, but then got one saying that she had declined it, so I responded to find out what was going on and then got another message to apologize for the confusion, but she was confirmed to come on Saturday at 9:30. I was counting on her to come since the kids are coming for dinner on Sunday and I want the house cleaned up.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:34 PM   #5108
Gabfest Goddess

hello my friends.
Saturday I head to my little retreat (rental) in Maine for 3 weeks. Hoping to relax, focus and recharge my soul.

If I can't I'll withdraw from this group. Out of respect. I've sorely neglected your blogs for a long time now. I think I'll get back in the saddle, but it seems that it's really baby steps.

Shelly, so sorry to hear about your back. I hope it's getting better by now. There is just no rest from back pain. It's truly awful.

Everyone, I keep you fondly in my heart. While away in Maine I plan to recover my energy sufficient to be on SCS more frequently, as before. The past few months my job has taken all of my energy and more. That's ok, it's also saving me, you know? I remain grateful for your friendship!

{{{Hugs to all of you}}}

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 06-23-2016, 05:43 PM   #5109
Mad Swapper

Darlene it's wonderful to see you hear - please don't retreat - we understand - grief is a heavy journey, and we can wait for you to have energy enough to visit us here and on our blogs more frequently. {{{{{hugs}}}}}. I hope and pray that your 3 weeks away is restorative and peaceful.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:45 PM   #5110
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
hello my friends.
Saturday I head to my little retreat (rental) in Maine for 3 weeks. Hoping to relax, focus and recharge my soul.

If I can't I'll withdraw from this group. Out of respect. I've sorely neglected your blogs for a long time now. I think I'll get back in the saddle, but it seems that it's really baby steps.

Shelly, so sorry to hear about your back. I hope it's getting better by now. There is just no rest from back pain. It's truly awful.

Everyone, I keep you fondly in my heart. While away in Maine I plan to recover my energy sufficient to be on SCS more frequently, as before. The past few months my job has taken all of my energy and more. That's ok, it's also saving me, you know? I remain grateful for your friendship!

{{{Hugs to all of you}}}
Hi Darlene! We all love you and understand what you are going through. I can't even imagine losing one of my children. I know that it's going to take time to heal and be able to move forward again. Hopefully the peace and relaxation up in Maine will help you to recover part of what you've lost. We're here for you and always willing to be a listening ear when you need it. I hope you don't leave us even if you can only come chat once in awhile during this stressful time. You're in my prayers daily.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:25 AM   #5111
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I hope you have a fantastic day. I have a few things on my to-do list today, so I am not sure I will be back online. We have tickets to see Jason Alexander--George from Seinfeld--at Ten Chimneys tonight. He has been here all week, leading a workshop for the 8-10 regional actors brought in for training. He does a "conversation" tonight with the moderator and audience asking questions while tomorrow night, he takes the stage with those actors and discusses the past week. Ten Chimneys is about 5 miles away in Genesee Depot and the estate was the summer home of theatre legends Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne. They offer tours and have this master program once a year. In past years, we have seen Olympia Dukakis, Alan Alda, David Hyde Pierce and the late Dick Van Patten. Phylicia Rashad was there last year, but we were gone that weekend.

I hope your weekend is wonderful!
Old 06-24-2016, 07:17 AM   #5112
Pearl-ExPert

Quick note. I'm not a two finger typist at all. Waiting on computer. Tech said I needed Windows 7 since I don't know what I'm doing. LOL! What can I say....... Hope to have it by Monday and then try to learn how to use it. Never used a laptop before. I'm typing this on the iPad and embarrassed on how long it's taking so not even going to try and catch up here or comment. I'll be back soon.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:03 PM   #5113
Mad Swapper

Ouch, Lynn, that was one very rude tech! We are all capable of learning, albeit more slowly than those young upstarts!! My SIL can be impatient with me at times too.

Good to see you pop in and update us.😃

After a wet week we saw the sun for part of yesterday, but it's back to rain again for the weekend. Quack quack!!
Saw on our news about that huge storm over the U.S. Praying you are all safe. Our weather looks like nothing in comparison.
Waves and {{{{{hugs}}}}} from down under
Old 06-24-2016, 06:52 PM   #5114
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies--I hope you have a fantastic day. I have a few things on my to-do list today, so I am not sure I will be back online. We have tickets to see Jason Alexander--George from Seinfeld--at Ten Chimneys tonight. He has been here all week, leading a workshop for the 8-10 regional actors brought in for training. He does a "conversation" tonight with the moderator and audience asking questions while tomorrow night, he takes the stage with those actors and discusses the past week. Ten Chimneys is about 5 miles away in Genesee Depot and the estate was the summer home of theatre legends Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne. They offer tours and have this master program once a year. In past years, we have seen Olympia Dukakis, Alan Alda, David Hyde Pierce and the late Dick Van Patten. Phylicia Rashad was there last year, but we were gone that weekend.

I hope your weekend is wonderful!
Sounds like a fun evening! Enjoy!
Old 06-24-2016, 06:54 PM   #5115
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Quick note. I'm not a two finger typist at all. Waiting on computer. Tech said I needed Windows 7 since I don't know what I'm doing. LOL! What can I say....... Hope to have it by Monday and then try to learn how to use it. Never used a laptop before. I'm typing this on the iPad and embarrassed on how long it's taking so not even going to try and catch up here or comment. I'll be back soon.
You'll do fine with the laptop Lynn. Glad that you're getting it back on Monday. I was thinking that I might install 10 on my stamping computer since there's not much on there. I could practice on it before I installed it on this one that I use all the time.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:55 PM   #5116
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Ouch, Lynn, that was one very rude tech! We are all capable of learning, albeit more slowly than those young upstarts!! My SIL can be impatient with me at times too.

Good to see you pop in and update us.😃

After a wet week we saw the sun for part of yesterday, but it's back to rain again for the weekend. Quack quack!!
Saw on our news about that huge storm over the U.S. Praying you are all safe. Our weather looks like nothing in comparison.
Waves and {{{{{hugs}}}}} from down under
Things are good here in H Town. No rain today, but maybe have a shower or 2 over the weekend. I don't mind a little shower, just don't want the heavy downpours that we've been having.
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:03 PM   #5117
Quacker Stamper

Well, I am very, very annoyed and upset. Back on June 12 I scheduled a cleaning lady to come to my house tomorrow. It is a new company and they way it's supposed to work is that you choose 3 of the cleaners from their list that you would like to come and then the first one who takes the job is the one who comes. So I've had this set up with one lady since then. The other day I think on Thursday I got a notice that she had cancelled, but then I got another message saying it was confirmed. I messaged them back to get a clarification an was told that the cancellation was wrong and that she was going to come. Now tonight at 9 PM I get another message saying that she DID cancel and that they don't have anyone at this late date to come take her place!!!!!!!!! My kids are coming on Sunday and so I have to clean the whole house myself tomorrow. Luckily I've been picking things up and organizing so hopefully it won't take me too long to do it. Just had other things in mind for my time tomorrow, like stamping. They said they'd give me a extra credit including refunding my $$ which they've already debited from my account. I just wrote back and said that they needed to refund my $$ immediately because I had NO intention of ever trying to use them again. How would I know that this same thing wouldn't happen again. I guess I'm just not supposed to have a housekeeper or a clean house. So annoying.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:24 PM   #5118
Mad Swapper

Argh Maggie how annoying - and unreliable!!! I would be frustrated, and mad, too!
{{{{{hugs}}}}}
Old 06-27-2016, 07:45 AM   #5119
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello Stamping Friends!

The Jason Alexander evening was nice--he is pretty funny and told some great stories. We were way in the back and decided next time to upgrade our tickets to be able to see him a bit better. It is a smaller room that holds maybe 250 or so people.

On Saturday, Camp Stamp-in-Oga was nice too. We made five great cards and I saw many of the new stamp sets and papers in real life! In the afternoon and evening, I completed 3 sets of swap cards and a couple of single cards. We chatted and laughed and smiled and had a great time! The food was wonderful too and with the location being so close to me--it is all around awesome! And, I made over $200 in the rummage sale too! I did buy some things that I could not live without too....but the total was much less than what I sold!

I plan to unpack everything and get ready to swap the What Women Want swap cards later today! Have a Marvelous Monday!
Old 06-27-2016, 10:20 AM   #5120
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy day, all! Getting majorly caught up today as it seems it's one thing or another 'round here!

LITTLE MAN IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my, what a trip! He had a blast - enjoyed (almost!) every second!! They swamp, ran, hiked, canoed, etc - camped in the open wilderness Wednesday night - gah! Very beautiful area - rustic but super trip for him (2 of the boys suffered horribly, in fact, one of the moms drove to Georgia to pick up her son! Yikes!) We love having him back home, bringing souveniers for us all INCLUDING a spider! Yep, crawled right out of his backpack as I unloaded it to do laundry! LAWD have mercy!

Maggie - Scouts teaches the boys independence - they can't call home every day to try to curb the dependence, etc. They have had a lot of issues in the past with as soon as the siblings, moms, etc get on the phones, the kids cry, the moms cry - etc.
They tell us this before you pay for camp, so the parents that have an issue with it, don't send your kid! (like me!) It's only 8 days, they can call IF they have an emergency or REALLY NEED TO, but they discourage it . We didn't get many pictures, as our leader was taking them on a phone that was full - he'd delete one picture to take another, etc - ugh!

Climbing mount laundry here today - then taking dd to work in a bit. So I'll wave to all and read back up later on!

xoxo
barbaralynn likes this post.