Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-05-2016, 02:53 PM   #5041
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Afternoon--Happy Sunday! I am finally getting a chance to check in this weekend. The musical Kinky Boots was very good--but it still is a step below the performance we saw on Broadway. On Saturday, roomie's great nephew's volleyball team did win the state tournament--and went undefeated--never lost one set or game--all season! I spent a few hours outside in the gardens today and am heading to the lower level to swap out the colorful red, white and blue cards!

Have a great rest of the weekend...........................
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-05-2016, 03:16 PM   #5042
SCS RAK Coordinator

oops--duplicate post
Old 06-06-2016, 05:06 AM   #5043
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Did anyone feel this way this morning?

Shelly, it sure sounds like your house is getting a nice makeover. And lots of coming and going for you, too!

Kel, YAY for a great sale... and purchases, too!

Barb, congrats to the undefeated team! That's great about the SAB hostessing... I'd save my purchases for then, too! I haven't seen the Su catty yet, so no post-its here.

VBS started last night - I'm teaching in one of the churches in our association. As a state trainer I had to teach somewhere and the church where our membership is has their VBS next week - when we are gone all week for the National Convention. So I'm glad this church is letting me teach there. We had fun last night - very small group of kids but they sure were a lively group.

Today I'm going to work on some cards (DT stuff) and then hope to do a little work in my garage, too. I also need to go to the PO this morning.

What's up with everyone else???

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:25 AM   #5044
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I hope you have a great day and start to a new week. I will be a busy week for me as we are heading to Colorado on Saturday for 8 days. We are staying with our friends in the mountains and get to look out at the Rocky's every morning, while sitting on the deck, drinking coffee................. a relaxing vacation for sure!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:26 AM   #5045

Oh Barb.... can I tag along? Please!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:34 AM   #5046
SCS RAK Coordinator

Yes, Yes, Yes!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:15 AM   #5047

YAY! I'm going to Colorado with Barb!!!

It sure seems like a dash through quickly these days and don't hang around to chat. Life is just way too busy right now... but it's all good!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-07-2016, 05:43 AM   #5048
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Stamping Friends--I hope you have a fantastic day!
Old 06-08-2016, 04:42 AM   #5049

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-08-2016, 06:42 AM   #5050
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Wonderful Wednesday!!!
Old 06-08-2016, 03:26 PM   #5051
Pearl-ExPert

Whew! Everyone is so busy it seems. All is about the same here other than more medical issues and tons of doctors appointments. I find myself shopping for clothes to wear to the doctors now. Saw a cutie one today that I should have brought home with me - but alas, he was probably younger than my son. Sigh! LOL!
Last week was spent emptying the entire laundry/craft room. Talk about a nightmare! We had the flooring changed in there. I was really bad though - moved everything in other rooms and then moved it all back in without going through anything. So much could have been tossed but wasn't in the mood. I just mainly wanted to see it back there and not scattered all over the house.

Rain, rain, and more rain! Like Maggie said, all of Texas has been flooding. It's been all around us but the house was fine. Lots of gnomes and fairies outside still looking for more mushrooms to light on or build a house under. Seriously though, there was a lot of destruction and lives lost due to the floods so it wasn't pretty. The last couple of days have been really nice though - and hot. Guess summer has finally hit.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:04 PM   #5052
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Whew! Everyone is so busy it seems. All is about the same here other than more medical issues and tons of doctors appointments. I find myself shopping for clothes to wear to the doctors now. Saw a cutie one today that I should have brought home with me - but alas, he was probably younger than my son. Sigh! LOL!
Last week was spent emptying the entire laundry/craft room. Talk about a nightmare! We had the flooring changed in there. I was really bad though - moved everything in other rooms and then moved it all back in without going through anything. So much could have been tossed but wasn't in the mood. I just mainly wanted to see it back there and not scattered all over the house.

Rain, rain, and more rain! Like Maggie said, all of Texas has been flooding. It's been all around us but the house was fine. Lots of gnomes and fairies outside still looking for more mushrooms to light on or build a house under. Seriously though, there was a lot of destruction and lives lost due to the floods so it wasn't pretty. The last couple of days have been really nice though - and hot. Guess summer has finally hit.
With all you are dealing with now Lynn, I can understand that you just wanted to dump all your stuff back in the laundry room. Maybe you can take a weekend and go through it all and get it all organized.

The rain here has finally let up for now, but I hear we are to have some more showers this weekend! If it has to rain, I wish it would do it during the week between the hours of 9 PM and 6 AM.

My caterpillars are eating me out of house and home again! This week I've been feeding them plants that they already ate on and are starting to regrow, but I'm about out of those, so I may actually have to go to work late tomorrow and make a run over to the nursery and pick up some more. It's not that far and if I can be there at 9 when they open, then I can get back home and to work I think by 10. I also have to leave work early tomorrow to go to my Opthomologist appointment.

Last night was Book Club only we had a movie night instead. We watched The Lady in the Van with Maggie Smith. It's a "mostly true" story. Enjoyed it and the company. The lady who hosted it has a huge screen in her house. It pulls down between her dining room and living room, so it was like being at the movies. She served movie theater food. Was great!
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 06-08-2016, 06:09 PM   #5053
Quacker Stamper

Made reservations to go to SLC August 11 to 14. My DGD will be performing Friday night in Beauty and the Beast. She's in the ensemble. This is her first "real" performance on stage outside of school, so we are all excited for her. While I'm there I'm hoping to meet up with some friends that used to live here years ago.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:02 PM   #5054
Mad Swapper

Hi inky friends - I am still here!!!

Life has been hectic here of late with the family still with us, and our 'things' still happening as usual too.... thankfully there have been minimal medical appointments since I have not had to have my arm dressed - just waiting on the steri-strips to fall off now.

Good to see you call in Lynn - sorry to hear that you had no 'omph' left to sort your craft stuff after all the re-flooring.

Barb and Jeanette you always make me smile with you comments back and forth - especially with smoochy .

Kel do you ever stop??? you really seem to be on the go the whole time.

Kelly I saw your DS with his huge trophy on f/b - well done to him, he is a credit to you and DH, as well as a joy.

Maggie and Lynn your rain and flooding sounds horrific - although we have had damp weather, we have not had excessive rainfall at all - thought we were in for a drenching the other day but it passed us by We have had a few frosts though.

I have just finished a set of CAS thanks you cards for DD and Son in Law for the folks who have helped them on this journey into their own home - I refused to make one for ourselves though I have also done a sympathy card for them to send, and a birthday card for herself - her birthday is tomorrow, and somehow she is turning 41!! Arrrrghh - where did the time go, and am I really old enough to have offspring that age?????

Waving to you all from a damp but not waterlogged down under.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:51 AM   #5055

Barb, Barb, Barb... my Wednesday was lacking. (Lacking Smoochy!)

Okay, Lynn.... I laughed so hard I was gasping for air. Hmmmmm... and why exactly didn't you bring "him" home???

Maggie... how fun to be able to go see DGD perform! YAY!

Maxine... just so you know, it's ALL Barb's fault!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-09-2016, 05:55 AM   #5056
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I spent most of the day yesterday in the stamp room. I completed a swap and some other cards for some groups. Today I am cutting the grass and watering the gardens well as we are to have temps in the 90's for the next few days. Our neighbor boys are watering our flowers while we are gone, but I am hoping the grass will not be a hayfield when we get home..................

I hope you have a Terrific Thursday!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2016, 05:55 AM   #5057
SCS RAK Coordinator

I could not find Smoochy, sorry Jeanette...........................
Old 06-09-2016, 11:31 AM   #5058
Watercolor Wizard

hugs everyone!!

maxine - no, i never stop lol. i do zone out at least once a day though. usually during meetings. haha!!

craft room reorganization is at a stall because i've got my midterm paper due this week on top of the other 4 papers i have to write, but good thing i busted butt early this week and have only 1 of the 4 left to write + waiting on one to come back from edit. i'd say the room is about 1/2way done, but there's stuff still in bins just to get it off the floor. i did a quick sort - keep went back in the bin, trash, donate to goodwill, donate to the kids' school. got rid of quite a bit during that initial purge which is awesome. soon i'll do a full on purge and put-away and get everything completely done. haha. who am i kidding. i don't think it'll ever be completely done.

off to run my student government meeting... we're only meeting 2x more in july before starting back up weekly in august so i'm enjoying this peace. haha. alright, gotta get the kids up because they're coming with me!! ttyl
Old 06-09-2016, 04:44 PM   #5059
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi inky friends - I am still here!!!

Life has been hectic here of late with the family still with us, and our 'things' still happening as usual too.... thankfully there have been minimal medical appointments since I have not had to have my arm dressed - just waiting on the steri-strips to fall off now.

Good to see you call in Lynn - sorry to hear that you had no 'omph' left to sort your craft stuff after all the re-flooring.

Barb and Jeanette you always make me smile with you comments back and forth - especially with smoochy .

Kel do you ever stop??? you really seem to be on the go the whole time.

Kelly I saw your DS with his huge trophy on f/b - well done to him, he is a credit to you and DH, as well as a joy.

Maggie and Lynn your rain and flooding sounds horrific - although we have had damp weather, we have not had excessive rainfall at all - thought we were in for a drenching the other day but it passed us by We have had a few frosts though.

I have just finished a set of CAS thanks you cards for DD and Son in Law for the folks who have helped them on this journey into their own home - I refused to make one for ourselves though I have also done a sympathy card for them to send, and a birthday card for herself - her birthday is tomorrow, and somehow she is turning 41!! Arrrrghh - where did the time go, and am I really old enough to have offspring that age?????

Waving to you all from a damp but not waterlogged down under.
We've been having pretty good weather lately with just a stray downpour here and there. They are still experiencing flooding along the Brazos River as the water moves downstream and people are still being evacuated from their homes along there.

I jut worked a little bit outside, but the mosquitos drove me into the house. They are so bad and I can't spray anything because of the caterpillars and butterflies. I do make sure to wear long sleeves, long pants, and socks pulled up over my pants to keep them off my legs and feet, but they fly around my face and hands. I planted some of my plants I got on Saturday before they dry up. The yard guy won't be here until next Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll try to get the rest of the plants in Saturday morning while it's still a little cool out.

Well, I'm sure old enough Maxine. Both my girls are in their mid 40's and my oldest DGD will hit 50 in 2 years! That is unbelievable!
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:33 PM   #5060
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Waving hello to all! Sounds like everyone is either hot as heck, or swimming with gnomes??? Rain, Rain go away...! California needs you, not Texas! We have noticed a couple of mushrooms growing in the yard from all of the rain- have not peeked under them yet..... LOL

Mom is here for the weekend. I will take her back on Monday and go to the doc with her to do some paperwork. We will run around tomorrow to church, an adult day care for a visit, garage sale, out to dinner with some of the other nurses....we'll see if that poops her out. I do have to make a quick run to my doc, as my back went out badly- I started some steroids here and that helped alot..... Oh brother! Tonight, she is coloring and I am on the computer : )

We called an Uncle- Mom's youngest brother has been diagnosed with Leukemia at age 78. He started chemo this week and has 4 blood transfusions. I keep having to tell Mom- she forgets and it is upsetting for her to say the least.

Barb- have a safe trip! No smoochie this week???

Maxine- glad you are healing and you will have peace in your home soon.

Maggie- so cool you have another batch of (hungry) caterpillars ! The play sounds great.

Kel- you make me exhausted thinking of the things you accomplish! I would get so burned out! I was thinking about going back to school this year, but decided against it..... I do not think I will be working long enough for it to benefit me.

Kelly- saw your son with a trophy on FB too. You are lucky to have such a talented crew!

Waving hello to all- off to visit with Mama!

Shelly
Old 06-10-2016, 05:38 AM   #5061

Barb, oh poo! Next week you will be vacationing and no Smoochy! You are neglectful of the poor guy.

Kel, it's good to see you! You are certainly busy (I'm guessing we all have our own level of that going on) so it's good that we can all connect here!

Maggie, I'm glad the weather has let up a bit and you have been able to get back outside... until the mosquitos got too pesky!

Shelly, ouch! I hope you get some relief for your back! And are able to enjoy having Mom there. I know a bit of the sadness that encircles that relationship... but also know the joy of being able to have time with loved ones (even as their minds slip away). I'm praying that you two will be able to find peace in these days of turmoil.

Well, the last night of teaching VBS for me was last night - it was great! Tonight we have the program and party. Fun times! Tomorrow I leave for St. Louis where I will be for the next 5-6 days for our national convention. Today I must tackle laundry and put get the leftover VBS materials/decorations organized as I am giving them to another church tomorrow.

I. need. a. vacation! (Oh, wait, I guess I just had one when I toured New England with DD, didn't I?)

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:42 AM   #5062
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Friday!!!!! Yes, I am in full-blown get-ready-for-vacation mode!!!! I cut the grass yesterday and I am glad I did as we got over an inch of rain overnight and some showers predicted for today too, along with temps in the 90's! By my brother's house, 30 minutes away, they got close to 5 inches of rain overnight! I have a couple of errands to run today and then I will spend some time in the stamp room.

I am not sure that I will be back online today, so I am wishing everyone a good weekend. I will see you all sometime next week...................from the mountains in Colorado!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:07 AM   #5063

Have a great trip, Barb!

I'm packing up and doing some necessary things here this morning and then heading to St. Louis for our Annual Convention. I won't have any spare time, so I will not be back to SCS until the end of next week. Have a great weekend - and upcoming week, too!

See you Friday!

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:19 AM   #5064
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends, it's officially summer but have we stopped yet? Not. One. Bit.
It's VBS week and I start as a helper/fill in tomorrow as a lot of helpers are missing T-TH ... so rather than do the back and forth and back and forth, I'm just going to stay again this year

My heart is heavy for my state and the absolutely senseless shooting in Orlando, as well as the lovely girl from The Voice. It's just crazy .... and my heart hurts for those family members and loved ones.

Little man is leaving for camp this weekend for 8 days and I'm petrified. They keep insisting in all the years they've made this trek up North (by van!), they haven't 'lost a kid yet' but still! I have much praying to do and my sanity is going to be through the roof as he leaves for camp-a-way

Hoping to catch up with cards/blogging/threads/etc this week sometimes!

Meanwhile .... *hugs for all*
DT:  The Project Bin

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 06-13-2016 at 07:26 AM..
Old 06-13-2016, 07:54 AM   #5065
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Monday from gorgeous Colorado!!!!!

We are sure enjoying our time so far. We did a hike yesterday in Rocky Mountain Park and it was a nice day. We saw some elk and a pair of moose in the park. Not much on the agenda today--just relaxing. We learned a new card game called Wizard and have played it both nights.

Have a Fantastic Week!
Old 06-13-2016, 09:17 PM   #5066
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Just dropping in to say hello. I had Mom here this weekend- lots of fun planned, and my back went out. Spent most of the weekend on the couch..... Have an MRI tomorrow at 7AM....ewwww Hospital is 45 minutes away.

I had to go to the ER Saturday- they gave me valium and Toradol and that settled down my back- so I was able to drive Mom today and get back and do OK.

I am thinking of cutting down my hours at work until it settles down, we'll see. Just sit too much there.

Sorry to hear about the horrible shooting on Orlando today- wow- crazy!!!

I will have tomorrow and Wednesday off- will get to blogs by Wed nite at the latest. I miss seeing what everyone is up to when I get behind. Good ole summertime!

My son's fiance- Kayla- came through this weekend when my Mom was here- her Grandma died and she was driving from Co. to NJ for the funeral, and we were a rest point. She is a delight. I had some crafty stuff to paint/decorate for the shower for 7/2, but was confined to the couch, so she and Katie worked on it- so fun. She is creative and came up with some really cool ideas.

Waving hello to all

Shelly
Old 06-14-2016, 03:37 PM   #5067
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, that's terrible about your back! Take care and just lay around and let everyone do everything for you!
Sounds like everyone is going here and there - be safe and careful.
Kel, don't know how you do it with school and kids and everything else. Hang in there.
Kelly, it's hard to let the little man go - but as you already know, those apron strings are so hard to let go of. I know he'll be just fine and have a great time.
Maxine, good news on the arm now!
Old 06-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #5068
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Barb, oh poo! Next week you will be vacationing and no Smoochy! You are neglectful of the poor guy.

Kel, it's good to see you! You are certainly busy (I'm guessing we all have our own level of that going on) so it's good that we can all connect here!

Maggie, I'm glad the weather has let up a bit and you have been able to get back outside... until the mosquitos got too pesky!

Shelly, ouch! I hope you get some relief for your back! And are able to enjoy having Mom there. I know a bit of the sadness that encircles that relationship... but also know the joy of being able to have time with loved ones (even as their minds slip away). I'm praying that you two will be able to find peace in these days of turmoil.

Well, the last night of teaching VBS for me was last night - it was great! Tonight we have the program and party. Fun times! Tomorrow I leave for St. Louis where I will be for the next 5-6 days for our national convention. Today I must tackle laundry and put get the leftover VBS materials/decorations organized as I am giving them to another church tomorrow.

I. need. a. vacation! (Oh, wait, I guess I just had one when I toured New England with DD, didn't I?)

Lucky Barb. I would LOVE to be vacationing somewhere cool with pretty scenery. At least I look forward to a 3-day weekend for the 4th of July. Only a few weeks left.

Our weather is iffy at best. Sunday we were supposed to have 40% chance of rain and had a horrible downpour in the afternoon. Right after I planted some more flowers on Saturday and I think some of them got drowned again. Thinking that I may quit with the flowers. I think I should get some fake ones to put in pots out on my rock garden.

Glad to hear VBS went well and hope that the Convention is going well too. I've seen a few photos on FB. Safe travels.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:03 PM   #5069
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Hi friends, it's officially summer but have we stopped yet? Not. One. Bit.
It's VBS week and I start as a helper/fill in tomorrow as a lot of helpers are missing T-TH ... so rather than do the back and forth and back and forth, I'm just going to stay again this year

My heart is heavy for my state and the absolutely senseless shooting in Orlando, as well as the lovely girl from The Voice. It's just crazy .... and my heart hurts for those family members and loved ones.

Little man is leaving for camp this weekend for 8 days and I'm petrified. They keep insisting in all the years they've made this trek up North (by van!), they haven't 'lost a kid yet' but still! I have much praying to do and my sanity is going to be through the roof as he leaves for camp-a-way

Hoping to catch up with cards/blogging/threads/etc this week sometimes!

Meanwhile .... *hugs for all*
Very, very sad about all the violence in Florida this week. Praying for all.

Hope you are holding up with little man gone. I bet he is having the time of his life!
Old 06-14-2016, 05:06 PM   #5070
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Just dropping in to say hello. I had Mom here this weekend- lots of fun planned, and my back went out. Spent most of the weekend on the couch..... Have an MRI tomorrow at 7AM....ewwww Hospital is 45 minutes away.

I had to go to the ER Saturday- they gave me valium and Toradol and that settled down my back- so I was able to drive Mom today and get back and do OK.

I am thinking of cutting down my hours at work until it settles down, we'll see. Just sit too much there.

Sorry to hear about the horrible shooting on Orlando today- wow- crazy!!!

I will have tomorrow and Wednesday off- will get to blogs by Wed nite at the latest. I miss seeing what everyone is up to when I get behind. Good ole summertime!

My son's fiance- Kayla- came through this weekend when my Mom was here- her Grandma died and she was driving from Co. to NJ for the funeral, and we were a rest point. She is a delight. I had some crafty stuff to paint/decorate for the shower for 7/2, but was confined to the couch, so she and Katie worked on it- so fun. She is creative and came up with some really cool ideas.

Waving hello to all

Shelly
Sorry about your back troubles Shelly. I hope they were able to figure out what it was and do something about it. Back pain is the worst. Hope you are able to enjoy your days off.

How sweet that Kayla stopped by and was able to help with the crafty stuff for the shower. That was some long drive for her. Was she doing it all alone?
Old 06-14-2016, 05:07 PM   #5071
Quacker Stamper

Had a short work day today. Dr. appt downtown Med Center at 2:30 so I had to leave the office at 1:30 to make sure I got there on time. It only took me 1/2 hour, but the traffic was good. If there had been a wreck or something, it would have been a nightmare. Still had to wait until after 3 to see the doctor. Everything is okay though so that was a plus. Came home after since it wouldn't really make sense to go back to the office for a short time and then leave.

Glad I came home. It gave me some extra time to check on my flutterbys and I was able to release 2 of them. Still 2 in there, but they are not ready to come out. It was a good day. I also killed 2 wasps; one was black which I have never seen down here before. Saturday I killed 3 of them. I'm on a rampage to eradicate wasps in my neighborhood. I was outside for about an hour and it about killed me. It was so hot and the humidity is high. Where the hutch is there is lots of sunshine. I was glad I worked out there though because I looked at all my plants that are regrowing and found a ton of small to medium size caterpillars on them. Glad that I got those 2 wasps before they got to my babies.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:59 PM   #5072
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! It's sooo stiffling hot here - in the 90's, but the humidity is making it seem like 150*! VBS is going well but I noticed that my son is starting to drag and has a little cough - oh no! He leave's for camp this weekend - we can't have that!

Shelly, glad you are getting some rest and have some meds for your back. How sweet that your son's fiance was able to craft with Katie ♥

Maggie, I hope you get rid of your wasps! I'd be afraid to even mess with them - once they start swarming, I'm running!

I have to get a card blogged for tomorrow. And pick up dd17 in a bit - she started her job last week and has picked up some shifts already at the restaurant and she's super excited to have a little paycheck
My other 2 we never see = they are always zipping off here and there and either working or out with friends and stop in to sleep, sometimes eat - sounds familiar, ROFL!

Waving to all!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 06-15-2016, 05:25 AM   #5073
Watercolor Wizard

hugs friends just checking in quickly... midterms last week have completely killed me and my brain lol! of course it doesn't help that the baby is still up at almost 230a (wednesday) and that means i don't get to work on things nor do i get to sleep... meh. three more weeks (including this one) of this and then crossing my fingers that the next summer session isn't as bad.

off to try and get this baby to bed. wish me luck!!!! ttyl!!
Old 06-15-2016, 08:11 AM   #5074
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Stamping Friends!!!

We are having a great time. Hiking and walking the beautiful area! I took Rebecca and Pat to the top of Berthoud Pass yesterday and they road bikes down to Fraser--16 miles and 11,000 feet to 8,000 feet. They did have a great ride! We went to a trivia contest last night and realized how little we do know.................

Not sure what is on the agenda today--other than hitting some golf balls as we are in a golf outing tomorrow. We might hike again, or ride bikes along the trail or just hang out and read our books on the deck!

Have a Fantastic Day!!!
Old 06-17-2016, 06:50 AM   #5075
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning! Today is the last full day in the mountains for us--we will head down to Denver tomorrow night as our flight is early Sunday morning. We are heading see the Little Mermaid today at a local, regional theatre in Grand Lake. Maybe some go-carts are in the plans today too!

We golfed yesterday in a member-guest ladies outing and it was fun. Beautiful sunny day with views of the Rockies from the entire course!

I am not sure if I will be back here before we get home--so have a nice weekend and I will see you all when we get back to Wisconsin!
Old 06-17-2016, 07:56 PM   #5076
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Happy Friday- yeah for the weekend. What is everyone doing for Father's Day?

We will head to Dubuque tomorrow to visit Stephi and will stay North of Dubuque in a house on the Mississippi (Airbnb). It looks like it is in the middle of no where....looks nice and relaxing!

I broke down and bough the magazine with the Altenew stamps- the Stamping FB page everyone says they are not the same quality as the Altenew stamps, but they were OK. I made a card for my piano teacher- made a couple of SCS challenges this week.

I was able to work the last couple of days- still on steroids and muscle relaxants. Ice on the back every hour or so....... I did have a disc herniate, and they cannot do any surgery because I have an unstable SI joint..... So, I start PT on Tuesday of next week - try that for three weeks then if that does not work, shot into the joint with a steroid. Oh boy......

Barb, your trip sounds fabulous! I think one day I will end up living in Colorado....... We'll see. You sure live life!

Jeanette- glad the VBS went well and hope you enjoy St Louis!

Lynn- be careful with those young docs- never know what kind of trouble they can get you into! LOL

Kel- hope the semester flies by, then you can relax a spell before the next one starts. I can just imagine living in the beautiful area you live in- we were there for our honeymoon- 29 yrs ago.

Kelly- fun times for the summer- glad you will have a little more time to relax!

Maggie- love the butterflies you care for and hearing how much they eat! Fun that you get to go to SLC to see your niece : )

Waving hello to everyone else- and have a great weekend!

Shelly
Old 06-18-2016, 01:24 PM   #5077
Watercolor Wizard

oh shelly that sounds so painful!! i hope the PT works for you

enjoying my day off! saturdays are my only real reprieve from homework since everything is due friday night. off to do some crafting and spend time with the family since DH is off as well... but still sleeping with the baby so i get some ME time until they wake up!! lol!!

happy saturday friends, hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
Old 06-18-2016, 05:40 PM   #5078
Quacker Stamper

HI and happy Saturday. It's been another hot one here. Just walking outside for 10 minutes makes me hot and sweaty. I've tried to not be outside very much today even though I needed to do some things.

I did make another trip to the nursery and got some more Milkweed, but not as much as I have been getting. I haven't been finding as many small caterpillars outside the hutch (which is okay) so I don't have that many having an eating frenzy. I did get some in smaller containers which I want to transplant into gallon containers. I"ll put 2 small ones in a big pot. I bought a few other flowers too.

Before I went to the nursery I popped on over to Michael's. They had a coupon for 25% off your entire purchase of regular priced items. Wow! I went crazy. I needed to get a few things for a girl that I'm in a swap with and then I found all kinds of coloring items (to be colored). They now have 6 x 6 paper pads with designs to color and cards that you can color and send to your friends or whoever. I was amazed. I saw a Harry Potter Coloring Book that I bought for my oldest DGD for Christmas. Not sure she likes to color, but she likes Harry Potter, so maybe I can get her interested. I'll have to buy her a set of pencils. Should have bought her a set today. They had a pretty nice, big set for $18 with the discount. They also had this big framed design of a cat's face to be colored. Of course I had to get that. I hope I don't mess it up.

I drove out to my DD's IL's assisted living place this afternoon - 40 minutes each way. They needed to get some papers notarized and since I have a notary for my office, I told them that I'd go do that. It was good to see them, but they both look so frail. It's sad how fast that can happen.

Other than that, I've been trying to get the house picked up and organized before the new cleaning lady comes next Saturday. I had a huge stack of recipes that I had either printed off or copied that I went through and tossed most of them. I also have a huge stack of recipe magazines on my table that I need to go through and see if there are recipes that I'm really going to make and either copy them or toss the magazine. Now to figure out what to do with all these recipes.

Old 06-18-2016, 05:44 PM   #5079
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Hi all! It's sooo stiffling hot here - in the 90's, but the humidity is making it seem like 150*! VBS is going well but I noticed that my son is starting to drag and has a little cough - oh no! He leave's for camp this weekend - we can't have that!

Shelly, glad you are getting some rest and have some meds for your back. How sweet that your son's fiance was able to craft with Katie ♥

Maggie, I hope you get rid of your wasps! I'd be afraid to even mess with them - once they start swarming, I'm running!

I have to get a card blogged for tomorrow. And pick up dd17 in a bit - she started her job last week and has picked up some shifts already at the restaurant and she's super excited to have a little paycheck
My other 2 we never see = they are always zipping off here and there and either working or out with friends and stop in to sleep, sometimes eat - sounds familiar, ROFL!

Waving to all!
If the wasps were swarming, I'm sure I'd run into my house and stay there, but it's only one by one that they come fly around. Saw one this afternoon buzzing around my milkweed and I took my swatter and chased it away. I was able to release 3 butterflies today, 2 more are still in the hutch. I don't think their wings are strong enough yet or maybe won't be fore them to fly. I'll check on them in the morning.

Saw your photo on FB this evening of Little Man with his scout troop getting ready to head off to camp. Bittersweet moment I'm sure.

Old 06-18-2016, 05:45 PM   #5080
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning! Today is the last full day in the mountains for us--we will head down to Denver tomorrow night as our flight is early Sunday morning. We are heading see the Little Mermaid today at a local, regional theatre in Grand Lake. Maybe some go-carts are in the plans today too!

We golfed yesterday in a member-guest ladies outing and it was fun. Beautiful sunny day with views of the Rockies from the entire course!

I am not sure if I will be back here before we get home--so have a nice weekend and I will see you all when we get back to Wisconsin!
It sounds like you had a wonderful time there. Hope you have a safe journey home.