Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-01-2016, 03:45 AM   #5001
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maxine, I am sorry to hear about DGS's cold and his generous sharing. UGH! But YAY for DH! It's amazing he's missed it, at least so far. I hear you on no crafting time. Sheesh! I haven't made a card in 2 weeks. I'm having withdrawals!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-01-2016, 06:11 AM   #5002
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--It is a Wednesday, so that means Smoochy is making a visit!

Old 06-01-2016, 06:27 AM   #5003

SMOOCHY!!! Thank you, Barb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:33 AM   #5004
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, everyone!

Have been thinking of you gals over in Texas. My brother, too - he's already been through the last bit of storms. I hope everyone is safe and dry!

MY laptop is GONE ...... I'm borrowing this one so I'm going to be very reserved. Adding pictures and links and things to someone else's laptop is a no-no ...... mine installed Windows 10 because I didn't click out the delay update in time and it has crashed my system. Which means wiping it clean and losing EVERYTHING and/or taking it to IT to work on it. I'm so bummed. My dh was able to get everything into a hard drive as a back up but that means reinstalling it at a later date. A lot of work

SCHOOL IS ALMOST OVER!! thank. the. lord. I'm so done with school. You just can't imagine. DD17 got a summer job but she's not driving anytime soon - car insurance in Miami is through the roof when you add on an under 23 driver. We already have 2 added on!! So that means back and forth for me, just when I was catching a break (summer) - wahhhhh!

Dd21 interviewed and was hired for the summer as a teacher! YAY! She interviewed last week and they scooped her up so quickly - the lady literally was holding her hand and walking her from office to office, introducing her like a celebrity. My no fuss keep it simple daughter was quite non-plussed, LOL, but she's excited. She will be working with special ed children, her area of study/degree, because .... parents still work and just because it's summer, not all parents have the entire summer off. It's a private school so she's going to be blessed with this experience - very hands on, top notch. And dd19 will continue doing her job - which she LOVES LOVES LOVES - and doing theater during the summer session.

We have VBS coming up in 2 weeks, then little man leaves for Boy Scout camp in Georgia. EEK! My nerves ........

2nd cup of coffee and my only morning free here at home - dishes were left piled high in the sink by someone(s) last night, the floor needs sweeping and mopping in the worse way, so I will be you adieu and check in soon!

*Happy hugs!*
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:42 AM   #5005

Kelly, hopefully this busy crAzY week will go smoothly and next week will begin a wee bit easier taxi'ing schedule for you! UGH about the computer issues, though. (((HUGS))) Congrats to DD21 on the super amazing summer job - and kudos to her for doing that! Glad to hear the update on the other kiddos, too. Yikes! That is a long distance for Boy Scout Camp.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-01-2016, 04:42 PM   #5006
Insane Embellisher

Jeanette - I wish I knew you were going to be in CT!!! I work right near Yale and don't live too far from there either. How fun that you got to go to Pez. I haven't been but I hear it's a fun place
Old 06-01-2016, 05:26 PM   #5007
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Hi Maggie, loved all your posts..... they helped me to catch up a wee bit.

Yes, DD is here now. She'll leave the end of the week to go visit in Mississippi (college and friends). She plans to be back to go with us to St. Louis for the convention the second week of June. Then she'll be in/out of here a lot until she and I do the Bible Journaling Cruise the end of June. After that she's undecided...might go on back to Alaska or might come back here... or something else altogether.

We had a good time together in New England. She mostly wanted to see sites she remembered from books/shows that she liked when she was younger... so we didn't do much of the normal historical stuff for that region. Highlights included a day trip to a quaint little town with a lighthouse, our night of glamping (in a yurt), time in a small rustic town in New Hampshire, a day spent in Salem, walking around Yale, visiting the Pez Visitor Center (like a museum), just to name a few things.

We ate way too much food... and enjoyed every morsel, mostly at little local mom/pop restaurants. And she would tell you we may way too many potty breaks along our nearly 3,000 mile trip.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I think it's great sometimes not to travel through all the regular touristy spots, but to see different sights. I'm sure you'd love to have her stay there with you, but it's such a wonderful opportunity for her to decide where life is going to take her - so many options at her young age.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 06-01-2016, 05:30 PM   #5008
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello hello. I've skimmed a bit, but there's no way I'm caught up.

Kel-you are so right, the little kids grow so quickly. I am getting inspired by you & Lynn to get moving some more on my crafting things. I want to purge. Just wish I knew what to do with the stuff.

Lynn, as others have said, PTL there's no news on your end. Healing prayers for you two continue from NH.

Jeanette, so glad that you're having a good visit with DD. What town in NH did you camp at?

Maggie, those butterflies just make me smile.

Maxine, as I said on FB, so very sad about your beloved Occy. Our pets have such a special place in our life & in our hearts.

Waving to all of you. Just out of bed for the first day since Friday. Last week I had some sort of chest thing, really awful. Then all of a sudden my stomach & intestines got very angry. Man, it really laid me out. Feeling much better today, as long as I dont eat. LOL
Glad that you are feeling better. That stomach thing has been going around. Luckily, I've been able to stay away from it.

I'm not sure if the wasps are coming around and finding my little baby caterpillars before I get to them. I've chased off 2 wasps in the last few days. I would have killed them if I could, but they flew off before I could. I haven't been finding as many which is a good thing too. They were really eating me out of house and home! Right now I have a bunch that are getting pretty big, some ready to hatch and a few little ones that I was able to find. I'm going to order some Swamp Milkweed too. It's got really pretty pink flowers and supposedly the Monarchs really love it.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:32 PM   #5009
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Waving hello to all : ) Such a beautiful weekend. I had a blast at a family 1 yr old birthday, even thought hubby was late and we got there almost 2 hours after it started. It was a beautiful day.

Today I woke up with a horrible sore throat and have a runny nose. I stayed on voice rest and finished up shower invites. I will get them on the blog once they go out this week. I bought a Misti tool, and man was it nice to use- I set up the front of the card to the Lt and the inside to the right-side by side, and stamped away. I switched the piles and finished them up lickity split. Then did all of the embossing, die cutting, etc.....
o
I decided to only invite people who are invited to the wedding to the shower and engagement party. Alot of family will be here, so we can best visit with them.

Did you see the new SU catalog yet? There is a sweet teddy- looks like a KSS image- I am so in love!

Waving hello to everyone : ) Working tomorrow and I am going to bed : )

Shelly
Sorry about the summer cold. I hope you get well soon. No fun.

I bought a Misti a couple months ago. I've used it a couple times, but sometimes forget about it. I need to keep it up on my desk where I can see it.

I've only seen the SU catty online. Don't have one in my hands yet. I really like the new In Colors and of course the dsp. Not many of the stamps really sang to me.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:36 PM   #5010
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
hi all you lovely ladies,

We are chugging along down here - thought we were going to be growing webbed feet we have had so much rain - it is sunny today, and is forecast to stay this way until Monday - phew!!

DGS has bought a cold home from Kindergarten, and we have all gone down like flies, apart from DH - ironically !!

I have had the final dressing on my arm after two weeks, and new steri-strips were put on today, and now it is just waiting for them to come off - at least I can shower now.

My computer upgraded to Window 10 yesterday, and so far so good - SIL has had to help a couple of times, but I am getting the hang of it. Their one week stay looks as though it is going to be a one month stay at this point....

I have not got much crafting done, and now I have to help with some curtains for DD............

Life is never dull here at the moment!! I have managed to keep up with the threads, and it is good to see you here again Darlene, and to know you had a safe journey Jeanette.

Waving to you all from down under
Sorry about all the colds, but glad that your arm is healing.

I'm still not sure about Windows 10. I haven't upgraded on either on of my computers yet. Glad at least that you had SIL there to help out. Is this your Son-in-law? I thought that they had their house or are they still getting it ready to move in.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:40 PM   #5011
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning, everyone!

Have been thinking of you gals over in Texas. My brother, too - he's already been through the last bit of storms. I hope everyone is safe and dry!

MY laptop is GONE ...... I'm borrowing this one so I'm going to be very reserved. Adding pictures and links and things to someone else's laptop is a no-no ...... mine installed Windows 10 because I didn't click out the delay update in time and it has crashed my system. Which means wiping it clean and losing EVERYTHING and/or taking it to IT to work on it. I'm so bummed. My dh was able to get everything into a hard drive as a back up but that means reinstalling it at a later date. A lot of work

SCHOOL IS ALMOST OVER!! thank. the. lord. I'm so done with school. You just can't imagine. DD17 got a summer job but she's not driving anytime soon - car insurance in Miami is through the roof when you add on an under 23 driver. We already have 2 added on!! So that means back and forth for me, just when I was catching a break (summer) - wahhhhh!

Dd21 interviewed and was hired for the summer as a teacher! YAY! She interviewed last week and they scooped her up so quickly - the lady literally was holding her hand and walking her from office to office, introducing her like a celebrity. My no fuss keep it simple daughter was quite non-plussed, LOL, but she's excited. She will be working with special ed children, her area of study/degree, because .... parents still work and just because it's summer, not all parents have the entire summer off. It's a private school so she's going to be blessed with this experience - very hands on, top notch. And dd19 will continue doing her job - which she LOVES LOVES LOVES - and doing theater during the summer session.

We have VBS coming up in 2 weeks, then little man leaves for Boy Scout camp in Georgia. EEK! My nerves ........

2nd cup of coffee and my only morning free here at home - dishes were left piled high in the sink by someone(s) last night, the floor needs sweeping and mopping in the worse way, so I will be you adieu and check in soon!

*Happy hugs!*
Never a dull moment with you Kelly, but sounds like all the kiddos are lined up with things to do over the Summer. That's great!

Sorry about your laptop. It's issues like yours that keep me from doing the upgrade to 10. I'd have to back up the whole thing to my external drive before I did it just in case something went wrong.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:54 PM   #5012

Kristie, I had no idea we were going to Yale until the day we went. This was DD's trip. I was just the chauffeur.

Maggie, yes, she is young and should enjoy the adventures of life. We are so proud of her!

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:54 PM   #5013
Quacker Stamper

It's quiet here tonight, thankfully. We had another round of storms come through this afternoon which we really did NOT need. Now there is another area of SW Texas that is having flooding issues. It's in an area over to the SouthWest of H Town where the Brazos River runs through and the river is rising well over it's crest stage flooding areas that never flood before. It's crazy with all the rain we've been having and supposed to be more over the next 3 days.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:06 PM   #5014
SCS RAK Coordinator

I have had Windows 10 since last fall and it seems to work OK--knock on wood!
Old 06-01-2016, 06:29 PM   #5015
Mad Swapper

Yes Maggie - the family are still with us - looks as though it will be a month not a week as originally planned.... character building to say the least!
mschoener and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:52 PM   #5016
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
I have had Windows 10 since last fall and it seems to work OK--knock on wood!
Me too, Barb! My hubby is a techie so he upgraded as soon as he could.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:53 PM   #5017
Insane Embellisher

Maggie, I hope the flooding stays away from you. I looked up the swamp milkweed, it's so pretty!!
Old 06-01-2016, 06:58 PM   #5018
Insane Embellisher

We had a nice long weekend. I got out early on Friday, got my allergy shots and a clean bill of health from the doctor. On Saturday, we went to the zoo with my mom, sister and her family. It was a lot of fun. The zoo itself is small and a bit on the lame side but it was fun watching my nephew run around and get excited about certain things. Sunday I spent most of the day in my room organizing my stamps and cataloging them. About halfway done with that project! Monday, I did more of the same and then we had a cookout at my parents that night.

This upcoming weekend is our only full free weekend. Every Sunday after this one has something going on. Mike's bday is in the middle of the month, company outing the third week of the month and I think that's all. Way more than usual going on!

I need to make several bday cards, baptism and Father's Day cards and not much motivation!
Old 06-01-2016, 06:59 PM   #5019
Insane Embellisher

Kelly - those Nike shoes are right up your alley lol! I had to go look them up!

Shelly - so good to hear from you and an update on what's going on. I didn't realize your son was getting married. When is the wedding?

Waving hi to everyone. I did get caught up on the last few pages. Didn't realize another week had gone by since I checked in.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:18 PM   #5020
Watercolor Wizard

hugs everyone. i hope everyone sick feels better soon!!

it's been rainy and cold and dreary here... but i'll take it over the hot and sticky, especially when i'm cleaning and moving boxes and working up a sweat!! crossing my fingers it'll clear up by the weekend though, saturday is the big craft yard sale and i'm hoping for good weather so people come shop... and so i don't have to do it in the rain. lord knows craft stuff and rain don't mix!

hugs, i've got 3 more papers to write before friday afternoon and need to get back to it... i'm going to a crop friday evening so i'm hoping to be done with it all by friday morning so i can crop away without stress!!!
Old 06-01-2016, 11:03 PM   #5021
Mad Swapper

Wow Kel you are so busy - I cannot imagine how you do it, you are so busy! You too Kelly. It seems so busy here after our quiet life

I am feeling somewhat better today, but DH is sniffing now - he is the last to be hit with the bug. Hopefully it won't come to anything much.

Good to see you here too, Kristie - we only need Darlene to comment and we will all have been 'here' over a 24 hour period.

Hugs and waves from down under
Old 06-02-2016, 04:17 AM   #5022

Maxine, oh no! Just when your DH was my hero for missing the bug, he gets it. Hoping it runs its course quickly!

Kel, so good to see you! I wish you well with your sale! (I was going to have a yard sale this weekend to raise some spending $$$ for my cruise, but they are calling for thunderstorms here, so I postponed it for a couple of weeks).

Maggie, I am glad your evening was quiet (weather)!

Kristie, sounds like you are always busy!

Barb, it's good you've had no problems with Windows 10!

Yesterday, I spent quite a bit of time working on my VBS lessons. AND DD and I got our airline tickets (to Seattle) to catch our cruise. It's coming! It's coming!

Today I will do some more work on VBS lessons... and go buy groceries. I also hope to make a card. It's been two weeks since I've made one so I'm have anxiety like crAzY!

For those of you who like digis, Gerda Steiner has a new FREEBIE.........

Coffee Chick - Digital Stamp ? Gerda Steiner Designs

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-02-2016, 06:43 AM   #5023
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Stamping Friends! I hope you have an awesome day!
Old 06-02-2016, 07:00 AM   #5024

Hi Barb... I hope you do, too!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-02-2016, 04:42 PM   #5025
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Maggie, I hope the flooding stays away from you. I looked up the swamp milkweed, it's so pretty!!
I think it's time to start building the Ark! The rain just keeps coming. I'm so thankful that I'm in an area that does not flood. I heard on the news this morning that 3/4's of Texas was under water!!! Yikes!

It is so pretty. I sent them an e-mail to find out how large the plants were for sale. At least I don't have a ton of butterflies waiting to be released. I did get 2 of them out of the hutch today; one has flown off, the other still clinging to one of the little plants. I can't keep it locked up too long because there is nothing to eat in the hutch. At least outside it has a chance to fly off.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:45 PM   #5026
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
hugs everyone. i hope everyone sick feels better soon!!

it's been rainy and cold and dreary here... but i'll take it over the hot and sticky, especially when i'm cleaning and moving boxes and working up a sweat!! crossing my fingers it'll clear up by the weekend though, saturday is the big craft yard sale and i'm hoping for good weather so people come shop... and so i don't have to do it in the rain. lord knows craft stuff and rain don't mix!

hugs, i've got 3 more papers to write before friday afternoon and need to get back to it... i'm going to a crop friday evening so i'm hoping to be done with it all by friday morning so i can crop away without stress!!!
Good luck with the craft yard sale. I need to get my stuff together so I can have one when we have some good weather. One of the men at church volunteered his 2 DD's to come help me.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:48 PM   #5027
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maxine, oh no! Just when your DH was my hero for missing the bug, he gets it. Hoping it runs its course quickly!

Kel, so good to see you! I wish you well with your sale! (I was going to have a yard sale this weekend to raise some spending $$$ for my cruise, but they are calling for thunderstorms here, so I postponed it for a couple of weeks).

Maggie, I am glad your evening was quiet (weather)!

Kristie, sounds like you are always busy!

Barb, it's good you've had no problems with Windows 10!

Yesterday, I spent quite a bit of time working on my VBS lessons. AND DD and I got our airline tickets (to Seattle) to catch our cruise. It's coming! It's coming!

Today I will do some more work on VBS lessons... and go buy groceries. I also hope to make a card. It's been two weeks since I've made one so I'm have anxiety like crAzY!

For those of you who like digis, Gerda Steiner has a new FREEBIE.........

Coffee Chick - Digital Stamp ? Gerda Steiner Designs

Hope the weather will clear up so you can have your craft sale.

The thunder woke me up this morning and we've had storms training through all day. I just started hearing more thunder so went out and put the little butterfly back in the hutch.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:53 PM   #5028

Oh my... that is a lot of Texas under water, Maggie. I'm praying the rain stops soon!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-02-2016, 05:20 PM   #5029
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh my... that is a lot of Texas under water, Maggie. I'm praying the rain stops soon!
Thank you Jeanette. There are so many people, families that are affected by the flooding. I feel so bad for them.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:32 AM   #5030

(Yes, it is 4:30ish - UGH!)

Maggie, I am guessing the number of people affected far outweighs the shelters and safe places they can go. Such a serious situation for Texas right now.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-03-2016, 02:38 AM   #5031
Mad Swapper

Hi Jeanette - it's 9:30pm here, Friday evening - my day as been good - hope yours is too.
Waving goodnight from down under - I'm about to turn off the phone...
Old 06-03-2016, 02:42 AM   #5032

Hi Maxine... I'm going to pretend I'm in New Zealand then.... so I won't feel so sleepy. LOL! (I've been awake since 3:30. Finally decided to just get up.)

Sweet dreams, my friend!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-03-2016, 06:24 AM   #5033
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Everyone--Happy Friday!

I have hostess club this afternoon and I get to order some items from the new catty, plus hear all about Sarah's cruise and her horseback adventure with her daughter the week before! We are going to see the musical Kinky Boots tonight in Milwaukee with four friends--we saw it on Broadway last September and loved it! Tomorrow, we are heading to Illinois as roomie's great nephew is playing in the state boys VB tournament, provided they win tonight!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
Old 06-03-2016, 10:16 AM   #5034

So what are you going to buy from the new catty, Barb??????????????

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-04-2016, 06:28 AM   #5035

Okay, forget that - have as much fun as you'd like!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-04-2016, 07:31 AM   #5036
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

(Yes, it is 4:30ish - UGH!)

Maggie, I am guessing the number of people affected far outweighs the shelters and safe places they can go. Such a serious situation for Texas right now.

Yes, it is, and I feel so blessed that our area has been spared from the worst of it. The trick is not to live close to any kind of body of water including bayous which are all over the city.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:38 AM   #5037

I'm glad you've missed the worst of it, Maggie!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-04-2016, 08:54 PM   #5038
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

End of a long week- had a throat virus and then worked my days! Now off a couple of days.

We are doing some work in the house, have new furniture in 2 rooms, moving old furniture in basement out, moving old furniture from family room down into the basement, cleaning floor rugs and getting ready to get some painting done.

Chris' fiance is from NJ, and she is a teacher- so she drives to NJ each year in June. She stops here mid way and rests up. She brings their two dogs with her. One tinkles on the rugs, so I am not going to put them back out after cleaning till after they head out next week. He will fly out there at the end of the month and drive back here with her. There will be an engagement at each of the parents homes, we will have ours 7/2.

We have a family reunion on Mom's side of the family at my brothers home the 3rd of July. It is about 1 1/4 from here, so not bad. Lots of family in one weekend!

Maggie- that flooding sounds terrible! Glad you are safe from it. I love the idea of you raising all of the butterflies.

Kel- hope you got all of the papers written- jeepers, that is alot of writing! Hope you had a successful weeding out as well and made alot of $$$ at your sale.

Kelly- yeah for the kids- jobs and camps are good- makes the summer interesting and fast- not too fast though! BS camp in Georgia because it is cooler???

Maxine- hope you feel better too! And, hope the virus does not get hubby to badly.

Barb- I like the new In colors, not sure I HAVE to have anything else though...... although, I did not see much IRL....... I love the teddy bear, just not sure how much I will use it.

Jeanette- your trip with daughter sounded wonderful, and a Bible Journaling cruise sounds delightful!

Kristi- you have so much fun- the zoo with family sounds great : ) You are on the go this coming month- it will be fun though!

Waving hello to all

Shelly
Old 06-04-2016, 11:12 PM   #5039
Watercolor Wizard

thanks all, the sale was good, considering it was the first time being put on. had a nice sized crowd in the morning and then it thinned out by lunchtime but people still straggled in until about 30 minutes before it ended. paid $20 for the table, sold $140 of stuff. pretty worth it to me!! plus i got 5 packs of simple stories pocket journaling/project life cards and 2 new clear sets (reverse confetti and avery elle) for a total of $23... so cheap! I'm proud of myself for not spending more because i was VERY tempted!! haha!! definitely something i'll do again next year if the organizer decides to do it again.

sending hugs to everyone, i've got a sleeping (and drooling!) baby on my shoulder so really should get off the computer as typing is a bit difficult!

oh and maggie and jeanette - praying for better weather for you both!
Old 06-05-2016, 02:51 PM   #5040
SCS RAK Coordinator

I did limit myself this month--I bought a pack of each of the new in-colors. I placed an order earlier in the week for more of the cardstock to stock up since it was going up in price. I do have quite a few post-a-notes sticking out of the new catty though!

Quote:

So what are you going to buy from the new catty, Barb??????????????