Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-22-2016, 02:31 PM   #4961
Pearl-ExPert

Checking in - and there's no way on earth I can keep up with all the chatter! LOL!
Sounds like everyone is doing great though - and that's great in itself.

No news from here so that's always good news.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:34 PM   #4962
Watercolor Wizard

hello friends! it's been foreverrrrrr!!!!!

been ridiculously busy with school, but now that my semester commitments are completed and my summer commitments are lessened, and the kiddos are done this coming thursday... well, i'm looking forward to this summer break. decided to take two upper division history courses that are writing intensive - the only degree-relevant history courses that were offered were writing intensives. but they're online and to me that's worth the extra load. weekly load is a 1-2 page paper + 4-5 page paper + quiz + peer review + chat room participation... but it's only 6 weeks so that's okay. or at least i'm telling myself that!!

i'm also doing a craft room dump and re-organizing... a friend of mine is hosting a craft yard sale on june 4th - $20 for a 6' table and you can destash and sell any craft item. so i'm purging and hoping to get rid of a TON of stuff and maybe even make a little money. pennies on the dollar but otherwise it was going to be donated to my kids' school, so i'll take whatever i can get!!

miss you guys and always thinking of you. sending tons of hugs and love (way too much chatter for me to catch up on!)

see you again soon!!
Old 05-22-2016, 09:35 PM   #4963
Mad Swapper

Very sad here today - we had to send our beloved Occy "over the rainbow" bridge this afternoon.
He has been gradually declining the past couple of months, and recently developed huge abscesses on the side of his face..... he was in severe renal failure and the arthritis in his hip was really degenerating and he was obviously in pain , so we had to make the sad call today
Old 05-23-2016, 05:14 AM   #4964
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

So sorry to hear Maxine--hugs!!!
Old 05-23-2016, 05:14 AM   #4965
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning. I am heading out for the funeral for one of my good friend's mom-it is about a 2 1/2 hour drive, up by Green Bay. A friend is going with me, so I will not be alone. it is a beautiful day!!!
Old 05-23-2016, 05:58 PM   #4966
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Oh Maggie, every time I read your posts, you make me smile! I feel like I'm right there with you and you live such a wonderful life Your lawn guy sounds swell. Ours cuts the grass for 25 minutes, talks for another 60! I think I've met my match in the gab department

Is your ggd the same one that is at the college in Utah? Or Kansas ..... I forget!
My dd is busting her behind at her job, too. She loves it, she's a people person - but it's taxing. Not much time between college and the J.O.B.!

Today I'm off to the school to head to ds's Run Club - their 'olympics' is this afternoon with trophies and awards, etc. Then I have to grab dd17 who just got hired and has her training today. Then their banquet is tonight so she'll already be dressed up from the training so that was a plus!

Dh leaves in a little while for a 3 day leadership Boy Scout Training. He stepped up when the spot was empty so he can mentor and go along with the kids to camp, etc. Little man was disappointed it wasn't for the boys, too - LOL!

Tomorrow bright and early at 8 am he has to go to the middle school for special testing in Math - they offered him a spot in some advanced elite math class. He's in 5th grade and gets all A's, and it's like Algebra or something - the girls had it in 7th grade. He's a math whiz - clearly does NOT get that from his mama! LOL! I soooooooooooooooo dislike math!!!

Tonight for little man and I, dd21 and her boyfriend is dinner at Olive Garden - yum! I told the kids I want the night off, those of you home can come with me, those not - we will plan another time!

Wishing you all a fun day ahead, and if I don't make it back, a fun weekend!
LOL! I live a very quiet, boring life Kelly. It's all a facade!

No, this DGD lives here in Texas and is going to HCC, finishing up her 2nd year. She loves animals though so working with dogs is such a good time for her. She's great too because some days she has to get up at 3 a.m. to get to work at 5. Friday night she was taking part in the Broadway Concert but got there late because she was finishing up the cleaning up after the place closed. I'm sure your DD and my DGD would understand each other very well.

Congrats to your DS. Hope his testing goes well.

I really like Olive Garden. The few times that I've been to the one close to me, the service has been terrible. I still have a GC that someone gave me for there. Not sure when I'll get there to use it.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 05-23-2016, 05:59 PM   #4967
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Checking in - and there's no way on earth I can keep up with all the chatter! LOL!
Sounds like everyone is doing great though - and that's great in itself.

No news from here so that's always good news.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Hi Lynn,

You're the "no news is good news" person! Glad to hear that all is going well. Hope it continues that way or improves over the long haul.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:02 PM   #4968
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
hello friends! it's been foreverrrrrr!!!!!

been ridiculously busy with school, but now that my semester commitments are completed and my summer commitments are lessened, and the kiddos are done this coming thursday... well, i'm looking forward to this summer break. decided to take two upper division history courses that are writing intensive - the only degree-relevant history courses that were offered were writing intensives. but they're online and to me that's worth the extra load. weekly load is a 1-2 page paper + 4-5 page paper + quiz + peer review + chat room participation... but it's only 6 weeks so that's okay. or at least i'm telling myself that!!

i'm also doing a craft room dump and re-organizing... a friend of mine is hosting a craft yard sale on june 4th - $20 for a 6' table and you can destash and sell any craft item. so i'm purging and hoping to get rid of a TON of stuff and maybe even make a little money. pennies on the dollar but otherwise it was going to be donated to my kids' school, so i'll take whatever i can get!!

miss you guys and always thinking of you. sending tons of hugs and love (way too much chatter for me to catch up on!)

see you again soon!!
Hi Kel! I think you are busier than Kelly and that's saying a lot! I follow you on FB and see all that you are doing. I don't know how you can do it all with 3 little children at home. How any design teams are you on anyway????

Good luck with the craft yard sale. I really want to do one like that, but with more than crafts.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:04 PM   #4969
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Very sad here today - we had to send our beloved Occy "over the rainbow" bridge this afternoon.
He has been gradually declining the past couple of months, and recently developed huge abscesses on the side of his face..... he was in severe renal failure and the arthritis in his hip was really degenerating and he was obviously in pain , so we had to make the sad call today
So sorry for your loss Maxine. I know that it was a difficult decision to make. Sounds like it was time though.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:05 PM   #4970
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning. I am heading out for the funeral for one of my good friend's mom-it is about a 2 1/2 hour drive, up by Green Bay. A friend is going with me, so I will not be alone. it is a beautiful day!!!
So sorry for your friend's loss Barb, but glad that you have someone to drive with you so you're not alone on the trip.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:05 PM   #4971
Quacker Stamper

I had a bumper crop of butterflies when I got home today. I counted 12 that were viable. There were a few with damaged, unformed wings that I had to dispose of. They go in a baggy in my freezer. I still have 4 that didn't leave the hutch, but I was happy to see so many of them come out on their own and fly off into the sky. Then I found 5 more caterpillars on the milkweed outside of the hutch, 2 were just really tiny, about 1/4" long. If the weather is good tomorrow I'll try to put the other 4 out of the hutch on some plants and hope that they'll warm up enough to fly off while I'm at work.
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:57 PM   #4973
Insane Embellisher

Maxine - So very sorry for the loss of Occy.
Kel - good to hear from you! Good luck with your craft sale and summer courses.
Kelly - I had to lol at meeting your match in the gab department, you & my stepdad would get along fabulously LOL!
Lynn - glad all is well!
Barb - So sorry for your friend's loss. Glad you had company for the funeral.
Maggie - I hope the 4 butterflies flew off today!

I ended up with bronchitis last week and missed two days of work. Had a mostly restful weekend and a fun Saturday night. We met my sister and her family for fun at Build a Bear and dinner at Cheesecake Factory. We are hoping to go to the local zoo with them this weekend.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:10 AM   #4974
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy, Happy Hump Day!!!!!
Old 05-25-2016, 07:06 PM   #4975
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Maxine - So very sorry for the loss of Occy.
Kel - good to hear from you! Good luck with your craft sale and summer courses.
Kelly - I had to lol at meeting your match in the gab department, you & my stepdad would get along fabulously LOL!
Lynn - glad all is well!
Barb - So sorry for your friend's loss. Glad you had company for the funeral.
Maggie - I hope the 4 butterflies flew off today!

I ended up with bronchitis last week and missed two days of work. Had a mostly restful weekend and a fun Saturday night. We met my sister and her family for fun at Build a Bear and dinner at Cheesecake Factory. We are hoping to go to the local zoo with them this weekend.
Sorry you were sick, but glad you are feeling better and were able to go out and have some fun over the weekend. I used to love Build-a-Bear. The one we used to have in the Galleria has closed.

The butterflies did fly off except for 1. I had a bunch more today and they all flew away except for 2. It was so cute because one came out of the hutch and flew around and then it flew back and landed on my chest! I thought that was so cute. There were 2 today that weren't ready to come out. I'll try in the morning. I have to make sure I cover up when I go out there. The mosquitoes are ferocious! I've got bites all over my hands, arms, and feet.

My yard man finally came and cleaned off the roof and the patio cover and trimmed some bushes, my trumpet tree, and cut off some odd plants that are growing in the plot where my gardenia is growing. We had a discussion about how often he should come mow that yard and I held firm at every other week. I think he finally came today because he's leaving for 2 weeks to Mexico tomorrow for a vacation. Said he owns a nice house down there so he goes down to relax. He has 2 sons that help with the business, so they will take care of things while he's gone.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:59 PM   #4976
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Waving hello! Yes, I try to check in while running- not sure how you ladies who are on the run do it! I have to enter my stupid password for Yahoo and google and SCS every time I try to comment, so I just gave up- makes it really time consuming. Time to get a new phone is on the horizon!

I am making Bridal shower invites. Her family is from NJ, and 2 sisters live in California, so I am going to invite them to the shower even though they may not come, because my SIL who is the family Miss Manners told me I need to........ My son's fiance- Kayla- thinks showers are not really necessary, but we are going to do it anyway- cause I want to and she is going along. It will be a nice way for the Aunts and all to meet her. We will have an engagement party in the evening too- so all te boys and kids can meet her as well. It will be a long day, but as long as the family is here for the family reunion 7/3, we'll do it- just one brother that will not be coming.

I am going to invite a few extra people to the engagement party- not sure if that is faux pas or not...... I asked a friend- it is a bit awkward to say no gifts- cause I know I would feel like I should bring something anyway- what do you think??? Just people invited to the wedding, or can I ask friends that we would invite IF the wedding were here???

Glad to see everyone checking in- waving hello to all!

Maggie- how is your arm?

Lynn- glad to hear from you and that all is well : )

Maxine- sorry about your cat : (

Kel- nice to see you pop in! Your summer school sounds stressful. If you write like you color, you will be OK!

Kelly- are you going to get any relaxation time this summer? Sounds nice there, do you get humidity?

Jeanette- safe travels : )

Barb- how are things going in the garden?

Kristi- feel better! I love the cheesecake factory : )

Hugs to all
Shelly
Old 05-26-2016, 09:23 AM   #4977
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Have a Terrific Thursday! I planted some of the flower pots and baskets for the deck yesterday afternoon and we put two of the largest ones out. The rest are still in the greenhouse and will bring them out this weekend to give them a couple of more days to grow! We have some rain last night and a bit more this morning--and we needed it. I cut the grass yesterday morning and a few parts were getting brown, which is a bit early for that!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:36 AM   #4978
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends! I tried to read back up a bit and hopefully get caught up! This morning was complete choas - Little man had his DARE graduation today at school, which went on for an hour and a half Then, tonight is Court of Honors Boy Scout awards (many of the older boys are getting their Eagle Scout) so it's going to be a full day and night. Oh the joy! Since it's potluck, I'm bringing 4 spanish omelettes, mac and cheese and lemon bars ♥ School is winding down, next week is awards ceremonies ALL WEEK!! ay yi yi.

Maggie, Ah - I see! I was thinking it was your DGD that went away - I'm sure she is having a blast at college, esp in musical theater! I loved your shoes, btw - awesome! Did you see the new Starbucks NIkes? LOL! My friend was like "KEL! We found your new shoes!!!" lol. Hilarious.

Kel, yay for graduation and classes - I hope this summer slows down for you!

Shel, I'm not really sure the answer to your shower, but if she will be there during a time when a lot of your family is, that's wonderful! I'm one of those people that brings a gift/gift card because it's super awkward to show up empty handed, unless they specified to a donation site or hospice or animal rescue, etc .... so I think I'm clueless as to your question!

Maxine, I can't imagine losing your beloved kitty - my heart aches for you. They really are like an extension of the family and one of the kids

Lynn, Kristie, Darlene, Jeanette, Barb ........ waving to everyone!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 05-27-2016, 07:34 AM   #4979
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Friday!!!! And--for my US friends, Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!!!

It is going to be another hot day here in Wisconsin--cannot believe I am saying that in May after the lack of spring we have had. I even put on the AC for a bit yesterday afternoon to take out a bit of the humidity in the house!

We are head to a graduation party tomorrow morning in the central part of the state and will be back later on Sunday. We have no plans for Monday-just maybe a hike and time on the deck to enjoy some of the blooming flowers. I think all of the pots are now planted, ready to be moved outside--and we add more vegetable plants in the raised beds outside this weekend too.

If I do not get back online--have a fantastic weekend!
Old 05-28-2016, 03:32 PM   #4980
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Memorial Day weekend...........All is good once again around here.
No plans for Monday at all and then Tuesday I have to start emptying the laundry/craft room completely!!! Yikes! We're having the flooring changed back there. The guys will move the washer, dryer, and freezer, but I have to do the rest - meaning all my craft stuff. I'm not even sure where to put it all in the house while they're working on it. Just hope it doesn't take but a couple of days to complete.

Maxine I was so sorry to hear about your kitty. It's always tough to lose a pet. We had to have Sassy (our cat) put down in January this year and even though she was mainly an outside cat, it was hard.

Kel, good to see you pop in. I know you're busy with school and kiddos. Hopefully you have a little time to yourself here and there.

Good to see everyone else is just as busy as can be.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:52 PM   #4981
Watercolor Wizard

ugh my other post disappeared.

hugs maxine, losing a loved one is hard no matter how small (or big!) they are.

have a nice weekend barb, and share pictures of your garden!! i have been meaning to restart the garden but it's a complete redo, we'd even have to frame the new area and dig out the old dirt for it so it's definitely a long project that i just haven't had time for. hopefully i can get to it this summer.

maggie - i always see pictures of your butterflies and i'm so jealous! we tried raising some from caterpillars from a friend's yard but they had some bug or worm or something that made 9 of the 10 die when they cocooned. it was nice to see the one, though. but the kids were really disappointed and didn't want to do it again.

shelly - i think it's acceptable to invite family and friends who weren't invited to the wedding... just make sure it's because of location/distance and not something else!!!

kristie - hope you have (had?) fun a the zoo!!

kelly - you are such a super mom! i don't know how you keep up with so many kid-things. i'm so lazy lol!! and i found out that my niece is going to disney world to work via their college program this august-ish, and is planning on staying in florida for a couple years afterwards too. so i might have to fly out to visit her, and you!! haha.

lynn - good luck with the moving... it's surprising how much crap you find you've accumulated when you need to move it!! at least it is for me!!

hugs to jeanette & darlene too!

i'm in the middle of a craft room purge and reorganization and UGH i'm so over it. just two more big shelves to clear off and move and then the room will be rearranged how i want it... opening up more floor space for the kids and making room for a desk for my mom to move in here with me so my oldest can have his own bedroom as he starts middle school. MIDDLE SCHOOL!!! i can't believe he's so grown up already, makes me feel old. haha.

i finished my first week of summer school, now to wait on the grades to see if all this stress is worth it!! one class i'm loving, and it's only 2 short papers a week + a super easy quiz. the other is so... boring. lol. and i have a 4-5 page mini-research paper per week, so once i get my grade back for my first paper, i'll see how worth it the class is.

Have a wonderful weekend, friends!!
Old 05-28-2016, 04:37 PM   #4982
Pearl-ExPert

Kel, I need you to come help me with this craft room. I plan on getting rid of a bunch of stuff and since you're already used to the purging you can come help me. The kids really do grow up fast and middle school means he's on the way. I know they're so much fun to have around. Good luck with your classes but know you'll do fine.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:25 PM   #4983
Watercolor Wizard

ha! lynn, i barely have enough energy to finish this room out!!! but it's always easier to clean other people's stuff up for some reason thanks, i hope i do well in my classes.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:39 AM   #4984
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!
I'm home again... did you miss me?

I am so far behind - in every area - so have no time to read and catch up in the thread... so please let me know if I've missed anything important. Thanks!

I hope you have all been well, happy, and safe during the time I've been absent!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:47 AM   #4985
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Waving hello! Yes, I try to check in while running- not sure how you ladies who are on the run do it! I have to enter my stupid password for Yahoo and google and SCS every time I try to comment, so I just gave up- makes it really time consuming. Time to get a new phone is on the horizon!

I am making Bridal shower invites. Her family is from NJ, and 2 sisters live in California, so I am going to invite them to the shower even though they may not come, because my SIL who is the family Miss Manners told me I need to........ My son's fiance- Kayla- thinks showers are not really necessary, but we are going to do it anyway- cause I want to and she is going along. It will be a nice way for the Aunts and all to meet her. We will have an engagement party in the evening too- so all te boys and kids can meet her as well. It will be a long day, but as long as the family is here for the family reunion 7/3, we'll do it- just one brother that will not be coming.

I am going to invite a few extra people to the engagement party- not sure if that is faux pas or not...... I asked a friend- it is a bit awkward to say no gifts- cause I know I would feel like I should bring something anyway- what do you think??? Just people invited to the wedding, or can I ask friends that we would invite IF the wedding were here???

Glad to see everyone checking in- waving hello to all!

Maggie- how is your arm?

Lynn- glad to hear from you and that all is well : )

Maxine- sorry about your cat : (

Kel- nice to see you pop in! Your summer school sounds stressful. If you write like you color, you will be OK!

Kelly- are you going to get any relaxation time this summer? Sounds nice there, do you get humidity?

Jeanette- safe travels : )

Barb- how are things going in the garden?

Kristi- feel better! I love the cheesecake factory : )

Hugs to all
Shelly
I hope you put your invites on your blog so we can see them. I do agree that you need to invite all the family members to the shower even if they don't come. You need to give them that choice. Maybe they'll surprise you. That will be a lot of partying going on, but a lot of fun. I don't know why she thinks that a shower is not necessary, but I think it definitely is. I guess if they had both been married before and already had a ton of stuff, then they might not "need" one, but if this is the first, then they do. Why don't they want gifts?

Arm is progressing a little bit, but there are still things that I can't do without pain. I have another month before I go back to the doctor.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:50 AM   #4986
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning Ladies--Have a Terrific Thursday! I planted some of the flower pots and baskets for the deck yesterday afternoon and we put two of the largest ones out. The rest are still in the greenhouse and will bring them out this weekend to give them a couple of more days to grow! We have some rain last night and a bit more this morning--and we needed it. I cut the grass yesterday morning and a few parts were getting brown, which is a bit early for that!
The grass in my back yard is getting a bit high because of all the rain we had. My lawn guy wanted to mow it last week, but I said no, to wait until this week. Glad he's in Mexico and his sons will come cut it this week.

I have a couple pots that I need to redo for my rock garden. And I bought some new flowers on Saturday. Need to figure out where to put them.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:54 AM   #4987
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Hi friends! I tried to read back up a bit and hopefully get caught up! This morning was complete choas - Little man had his DARE graduation today at school, which went on for an hour and a half Then, tonight is Court of Honors Boy Scout awards (many of the older boys are getting their Eagle Scout) so it's going to be a full day and night. Oh the joy! Since it's potluck, I'm bringing 4 spanish omelettes, mac and cheese and lemon bars ♥ School is winding down, next week is awards ceremonies ALL WEEK!! ay yi yi.

Maggie, Ah - I see! I was thinking it was your DGD that went away - I'm sure she is having a blast at college, esp in musical theater! I loved your shoes, btw - awesome! Did you see the new Starbucks NIkes? LOL! My friend was like "KEL! We found your new shoes!!!" lol. Hilarious.

Kel, yay for graduation and classes - I hope this summer slows down for you!

Shel, I'm not really sure the answer to your shower, but if she will be there during a time when a lot of your family is, that's wonderful! I'm one of those people that brings a gift/gift card because it's super awkward to show up empty handed, unless they specified to a donation site or hospice or animal rescue, etc .... so I think I'm clueless as to your question!

Maxine, I can't imagine losing your beloved kitty - my heart aches for you. They really are like an extension of the family and one of the kids

Lynn, Kristie, Darlene, Jeanette, Barb ........ waving to everyone!
Kelly, you are just always on the go. Whatever are you going to do when these kiddos are all grown up???

Those Starbuck's Nikes look perfect for you Kelly! You really need a pair of those.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:56 AM   #4988
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning--Happy Friday!!!! And--for my US friends, Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!!!

It is going to be another hot day here in Wisconsin--cannot believe I am saying that in May after the lack of spring we have had. I even put on the AC for a bit yesterday afternoon to take out a bit of the humidity in the house!

We are head to a graduation party tomorrow morning in the central part of the state and will be back later on Sunday. We have no plans for Monday-just maybe a hike and time on the deck to enjoy some of the blooming flowers. I think all of the pots are now planted, ready to be moved outside--and we add more vegetable plants in the raised beds outside this weekend too.

If I do not get back online--have a fantastic weekend!
We had a ton of rain again Thursday/Friday, but lucky for me it was all to the North and Northwest of Houston proper, so we didn't get the flooding. Unfortunately it was in areas that were flooded just a month ago, so people who were dealing with it back in April had more to deal with.

Saturday was so busy starting out with another trip to the nursery for more flowers and milkweed, then to Best Buy for a new phone and then the grocery store to get all the food for dinner yesterday with the kids! Then home to get the house cleaned up and while cleaning I got my closet organized putting Winter things away and getting out the Summer clothes. I had to finish up the cleaning (floors) on Sunday. Dinner turned out pretty good. I made 3 different kinds of burgers including some vegetarian ones which my DGD gave a thumbs up. I did make brownies for dessert and had vanilla ice cream and toppings for dessert. We watched Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland which none of us had seen yet. I did hear that Through the Looking Glass didn't do so well at the box office this weekend.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:59 AM   #4989
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Happy Memorial Day weekend...........All is good once again around here.
No plans for Monday at all and then Tuesday I have to start emptying the laundry/craft room completely!!! Yikes! We're having the flooring changed back there. The guys will move the washer, dryer, and freezer, but I have to do the rest - meaning all my craft stuff. I'm not even sure where to put it all in the house while they're working on it. Just hope it doesn't take but a couple of days to complete.

Maxine I was so sorry to hear about your kitty. It's always tough to lose a pet. We had to have Sassy (our cat) put down in January this year and even though she was mainly an outside cat, it was hard.

Kel, good to see you pop in. I know you're busy with school and kiddos. Hopefully you have a little time to yourself here and there.

Good to see everyone else is just as busy as can be.
Yikes! I would hate to have to move my craft stuff out of my room. That is just not happening anytime soon. At least it gives you an opportunity to reorganize everything. Both my DD in CA and my Bro in GA are both doing kitchen remodelings right now. Complete gutted the rooms and starting from scratch. Been there, done that already and I love my kitchen.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:04 AM   #4990
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
ugh my other post disappeared.

hugs maxine, losing a loved one is hard no matter how small (or big!) they are.

have a nice weekend barb, and share pictures of your garden!! i have been meaning to restart the garden but it's a complete redo, we'd even have to frame the new area and dig out the old dirt for it so it's definitely a long project that i just haven't had time for. hopefully i can get to it this summer.

maggie - i always see pictures of your butterflies and i'm so jealous! we tried raising some from caterpillars from a friend's yard but they had some bug or worm or something that made 9 of the 10 die when they cocooned. it was nice to see the one, though. but the kids were really disappointed and didn't want to do it again.

shelly - i think it's acceptable to invite family and friends who weren't invited to the wedding... just make sure it's because of location/distance and not something else!!!

kristie - hope you have (had?) fun a the zoo!!

kelly - you are such a super mom! i don't know how you keep up with so many kid-things. i'm so lazy lol!! and i found out that my niece is going to disney world to work via their college program this august-ish, and is planning on staying in florida for a couple years afterwards too. so i might have to fly out to visit her, and you!! haha.

lynn - good luck with the moving... it's surprising how much crap you find you've accumulated when you need to move it!! at least it is for me!!

hugs to jeanette & darlene too!

i'm in the middle of a craft room purge and reorganization and UGH i'm so over it. just two more big shelves to clear off and move and then the room will be rearranged how i want it... opening up more floor space for the kids and making room for a desk for my mom to move in here with me so my oldest can have his own bedroom as he starts middle school. MIDDLE SCHOOL!!! i can't believe he's so grown up already, makes me feel old. haha.

i finished my first week of summer school, now to wait on the grades to see if all this stress is worth it!! one class i'm loving, and it's only 2 short papers a week + a super easy quiz. the other is so... boring. lol. and i have a 4-5 page mini-research paper per week, so once i get my grade back for my first paper, i'll see how worth it the class is.

Have a wonderful weekend, friends!!
That's sad that your butterflies didn't make it except for one. Unfortunately they are prone to get diseases. I've lost about 24 this season, but I've been able to release over 60, so I think that's good. I am learning things too that I think may help to not have so many become diseased.

Good luck with the reorganization of the craft room. Does your mom live with you? I don't think you've ever mentioned her before or else I just missed it. Those kids grow up so fast.

I'm sure you'll do well on your classes. I don't know how you do it all.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:06 AM   #4991
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
I'm home again... did you miss me?

I am so far behind - in every area - so have no time to read and catch up in the thread... so please let me know if I've missed anything important. Thanks!

I hope you have all been well, happy, and safe during the time I've been absent!

Welcome home Jeanette! How was the trip? What did you all do? Is DD home with you now? How long will she be home?
Old 05-30-2016, 07:07 AM   #4992
Quacker Stamper

Happy Memorial Day!

Hope you all are enjoying a long weekend. I've been really busy all weekend, so I'm glad to have today off to rest.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:08 AM   #4993
Quacker Stamper

I got new phones on Saturday to use with my new U-Voice which doesn't go into effect until tomorrow so I can't get them set up yet. The main phone came with 2 extra hand sets so I can put one in my bedroom and one in my craft room. I won't be able to get it all set up until I come home from work tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:54 AM   #4994

Hi Maggie, loved all your posts..... they helped me to catch up a wee bit.

Yes, DD is here now. She'll leave the end of the week to go visit in Mississippi (college and friends). She plans to be back to go with us to St. Louis for the convention the second week of June. Then she'll be in/out of here a lot until she and I do the Bible Journaling Cruise the end of June. After that she's undecided...might go on back to Alaska or might come back here... or something else altogether.

We had a good time together in New England. She mostly wanted to see sites she remembered from books/shows that she liked when she was younger... so we didn't do much of the normal historical stuff for that region. Highlights included a day trip to a quaint little town with a lighthouse, our night of glamping (in a yurt), time in a small rustic town in New Hampshire, a day spent in Salem, walking around Yale, visiting the Pez Visitor Center (like a museum), just to name a few things.

We ate way too much food... and enjoyed every morsel, mostly at little local mom/pop restaurants. And she would tell you we may way too many potty breaks along our nearly 3,000 mile trip.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn, mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:12 AM   #4995
Gabfest Goddess

Hello hello. I've skimmed a bit, but there's no way I'm caught up.

Kel-you are so right, the little kids grow so quickly. I am getting inspired by you & Lynn to get moving some more on my crafting things. I want to purge. Just wish I knew what to do with the stuff.

Lynn, as others have said, PTL there's no news on your end. Healing prayers for you two continue from NH.

Jeanette, so glad that you're having a good visit with DD. What town in NH did you camp at?

Maggie, those butterflies just make me smile.

Maxine, as I said on FB, so very sad about your beloved Occy. Our pets have such a special place in our life & in our hearts.

Waving to all of you. Just out of bed for the first day since Friday. Last week I had some sort of chest thing, really awful. Then all of a sudden my stomach & intestines got very angry. Man, it really laid me out. Feeling much better today, as long as I dont eat. LOL

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 05-30-2016, 04:05 PM   #4996

Hi Darlene... good to see you posting. The glamping was outside of Palermo NH. And FYI... DD and I liked NH best of the 6 states. We thoroughly enjoyed the scenery and had some fun times there, too. Gorham was a wonderful little town. So fun!

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:27 PM   #4997
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Waving hello to all : ) Such a beautiful weekend. I had a blast at a family 1 yr old birthday, even thought hubby was late and we got there almost 2 hours after it started. It was a beautiful day.

Today I woke up with a horrible sore throat and have a runny nose. I stayed on voice rest and finished up shower invites. I will get them on the blog once they go out this week. I bought a Misti tool, and man was it nice to use- I set up the front of the card to the Lt and the inside to the right-side by side, and stamped away. I switched the piles and finished them up lickity split. Then did all of the embossing, die cutting, etc.....

I decided to only invite people who are invited to the wedding to the shower and engagement party. Alot of family will be here, so we can best visit with them.

Did you see the new SU catalog yet? There is a sweet teddy- looks like a KSS image- I am so in love!

Waving hello to everyone : ) Working tomorrow and I am going to bed : )

Shelly
Old 05-31-2016, 05:36 AM   #4998
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We sure packed a lot in ours--supper with some friends Friday night, driving 3 hours to a graduation party on Saturday, back home on Sunday, moved all of the pots and baskets from the greenhouse to the deck and around the house. Yesterday we did some more weeding in the gardens, planted some annuals in a area we had some black plastic down for a couple of weeks and added mulch to it. We then went to a local botanical garden to check out all of the blooming Iris' and Peonies. Came home to cut the grass and then a cookout at a friends house............................ WHEW-time to regroup this week!!!
Old 05-31-2016, 07:46 AM   #4999

Shelly, I totally agree about the Misti... when making multiples of the same card is sure makes life easier! I have not seen the new SU catalog.

Barb, you sure were busy this weekend.

I'm finishing laundry today... and working on VBS lessons. It starts Sunday night, and I need to be prepared. What's everybody else up to???

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-31-2016, 08:03 PM   #5000
Mad Swapper

hi all you lovely ladies,

We are chugging along down here - thought we were going to be growing webbed feet we have had so much rain - it is sunny today, and is forecast to stay this way until Monday - phew!!

DGS has bought a cold home from Kindergarten, and we have all gone down like flies, apart from DH - ironically !!

I have had the final dressing on my arm after two weeks, and new steri-strips were put on today, and now it is just waiting for them to come off - at least I can shower now.

My computer upgraded to Window 10 yesterday, and so far so good - SIL has had to help a couple of times, but I am getting the hang of it. Their one week stay looks as though it is going to be a one month stay at this point....

I have not got much crafting done, and now I have to help with some curtains for DD............

Life is never dull here at the moment!! I have managed to keep up with the threads, and it is good to see you here again Darlene, and to know you had a safe journey Jeanette.

Waving to you all from down under