Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-14-2016, 02:56 PM   #4921
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi ya'll! Maggie, that sounds like Miami! EVERYTHING is ALWAYS under construction, lol. And it's always a projected date of like 4-5 years out! I hope you can get around smoothly!

I'm going to have to bug you (no pun intended!) in a few weeks as my son's school sent a link to order free butterfly kits - as in the house, the crystalis? the instructions, etc - yikes! I am not going to have a clue what to do, so you may here me squealing and screeching once it's arrives - I'm going to be terrified of hurting or doing the wrong thing to help them thrive/survive!

We had a WONDERFUL time at the Kentucky Derby themed dance! It wasn't organized very well but we made it super fun because , well, we are us! LOL! We have fun no matter where we are and my son was such a sweet little gentleman, not just to me, but many mommies - offering his chair, bringing food and drinks, playing with his friends and then running back to see if I was okay He even invited me to dance - HA! Never thought I'd be doing the electric slide again or the Whip and NaeNae *grin!*

I borrowed my hat from daughter's future mother in law, so shout out for me not having to wear a snapback! LOL! I'm rockin' the Minnie Pearl look- all I am missing is the price tag

My dh and little man have been at Boy Scout camping (2.5 hours south of us) since last night - dh went down earlier in the day and Tony rode down with friends after the dance and arrived at 12:20 am! He texted me the most gorgeous pictures this am of the unspoiled beach in the keys, white sands, crystal blue waters, the sunrise! Then all the loud boys got up and there you go ........ ROFL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1718a.jpg (64.8 KB, 4 views)
DT:  The Project Bin
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:56 PM   #4922
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, have fun with the butterflies. Maggie's are just fabulous! I need to get interested in something like that too. Oh, and by the way.....love your hat Kelly!

Jim's health update - although I hate putting all that mess on here......but he's doing a little better finally. ENT cauterized some places in the old snout and even though the nose bleeds haven't stopped, they're so much better now. Blood level when he left the hospital after the transfusions was 13. Been at 10.5 for the last couple of weeks and now with the nosebleeds better it's up to 11.2. Good news there. I'm just hunking up lifting oxygen tanks and wheel chair out of the car for all the doctors appointments. LOL! Who needs a gym and lifting weights when you have this!

All is good with me. Trying to make some cards in my spare time but it's really hit and miss. Weather wise.........rainy! Suppose to have that all week long so maybe I can get some cards done now. Can't work outside in it so have to stay busy inside I guess.

All is great!
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:06 AM   #4923
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Ooooo la la........ looking good, Kelly!!!

Lynn, well, look at those muscles! Seriously, I'm glad things are improving with Jim. Take care of yourself, too, okay? (((Hugs)))

Well, it's crunch time for me. I am leaving very VERY early on Thursday (I'll be gone over a week), so I have three days to get everything done - clean house, do laundry, pack, work ahead on DT responsibilities, finish a swap and get it mailed. EEK! So much to do; so little time. At least I don't have any meetings in these three days.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 05-16-2016, 06:19 AM   #4924
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Did Jeanette say CRUNCH - surely she means the chocolate bar! YUMMMM! Go, J, go - you can do it!

Lynn! So good to see you stop in - think of you often. I'm glad Jim is getting better - I"m sure you and Rambo are trying to get used to t he 'new' routine.
And loving seeing your cards again!

I'm home for a spell - kids are all dropped off, camping stinky nasty laundry is already been going into/out of the washer, doggies are walked, so it's ME time for little while!

*waving to all!*
Old 05-16-2016, 07:16 AM   #4925
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Ladies--Welcome to Monday and the New Week!!!!!

We had a great weekend--the baptism was so nice and it was great to spend time with the family. Eloise is such a cute baby and she was so good all day yesterday! We are to have pretty nice weather all week--sunshine and temps in the 60's, a bit cooler than I would like. Everything in the greenhouse is just loving all of the sunshine--it is about time!
Old 05-16-2016, 01:19 PM   #4926
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Hi ya'll! Maggie, that sounds like Miami! EVERYTHING is ALWAYS under construction, lol. And it's always a projected date of like 4-5 years out! I hope you can get around smoothly!

I'm going to have to bug you (no pun intended!) in a few weeks as my son's school sent a link to order free butterfly kits - as in the house, the crystalis? the instructions, etc - yikes! I am not going to have a clue what to do, so you may here me squealing and screeching once it's arrives - I'm going to be terrified of hurting or doing the wrong thing to help them thrive/survive!

We had a WONDERFUL time at the Kentucky Derby themed dance! It wasn't organized very well but we made it super fun because , well, we are us! LOL! We have fun no matter where we are and my son was such a sweet little gentleman, not just to me, but many mommies - offering his chair, bringing food and drinks, playing with his friends and then running back to see if I was okay He even invited me to dance - HA! Never thought I'd be doing the electric slide again or the Whip and NaeNae *grin!*

I borrowed my hat from daughter's future mother in law, so shout out for me not having to wear a snapback! LOL! I'm rockin' the Minnie Pearl look- all I am missing is the price tag

My dh and little man have been at Boy Scout camping (2.5 hours south of us) since last night - dh went down earlier in the day and Tony rode down with friends after the dance and arrived at 12:20 am! He texted me the most gorgeous pictures this am of the unspoiled beach in the keys, white sands, crystal blue waters, the sunrise! Then all the loud boys got up and there you go ........ ROFL!

I won't have a problem with the traffic because it will all be out on the street running in front of our building North to South and I seldom go that way unless I'm going to lunch up the street and that doesn't happen to often. Otherwise my driving is in different directions.

How fun! Did you order a kit yet? What are they sending your? They are just sending the chrysalis so you wait for it to become a butterfly? Lucky you won't have to feed it! It will be fun. I'm still trying to see one become a chrysalis and one becoming a butterfly. I took 3 chrysalis's that had fallen down and put them in a butterfly net house to see if they will hatch in there. I read that they don't have to be hanging to hatch, they just need to have a place to open their wings and climb on.

Love, love, love your hat!!!!!!! Too bad it isn't yours to keep. It is stunning and you look so Sessy and kind of mysterious in it. A dress up party would be such fun. My younger bro's wife used to own a place where she did adult and kid tea parties. They also had weddings and showers there. She has all kinds of dress ups. Last year my sis and one of my nieces and her dd went over there (Georgia) and had fun dressing up for the heck of it. I bet you and little man had a great time. Sounds like he was quite the gentleman.

So what did they have to say about the beach camping? Did they convince you to go next time?
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 05-16-2016, 01:23 PM   #4927
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Kelly, have fun with the butterflies. Maggie's are just fabulous! I need to get interested in something like that too. Oh, and by the way.....love your hat Kelly!

Jim's health update - although I hate putting all that mess on here......but he's doing a little better finally. ENT cauterized some places in the old snout and even though the nose bleeds haven't stopped, they're so much better now. Blood level when he left the hospital after the transfusions was 13. Been at 10.5 for the last couple of weeks and now with the nosebleeds better it's up to 11.2. Good news there. I'm just hunking up lifting oxygen tanks and wheel chair out of the car for all the doctors appointments. LOL! Who needs a gym and lifting weights when you have this!

All is good with me. Trying to make some cards in my spare time but it's really hit and miss. Weather wise.........rainy! Suppose to have that all week long so maybe I can get some cards done now. Can't work outside in it so have to stay busy inside I guess.

All is great!
Glad to hear that Jim is holding his own and improving somewhat. You should be dropping some pounds with all that weight lifting you're doing. I was hoping to start walking at lunch time this week, but with rain forecast for every day, it doesn't look like it. I could have used a walk today. My DD and DGD picked me up at lunch and we went across the street to the Cheesecake Factory. I had soft tacos to eat, but then had to order a Chocolate Mousse cheesecake slice. I was able to hold off until about 2:30 before I dug into that! Yummy! We were celebrating my DGD's new job! She's really happy with this one. It's at a Doggie Daycare. She applied Thursday online. They called her 10 minutes after she send the app in and had an interview on Friday and they hired her on the spot. She started on Saturday - worked a long day, but loved it. It's hard and messy, but it was okay.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:24 PM   #4928
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Ooooo la la........ looking good, Kelly!!!

Lynn, well, look at those muscles! Seriously, I'm glad things are improving with Jim. Take care of yourself, too, okay? (((Hugs)))

Well, it's crunch time for me. I am leaving very VERY early on Thursday (I'll be gone over a week), so I have three days to get everything done - clean house, do laundry, pack, work ahead on DT responsibilities, finish a swap and get it mailed. EEK! So much to do; so little time. At least I don't have any meetings in these three days.

Hope you have a good trip. Do you drive to this place?
Old 05-16-2016, 01:25 PM   #4929
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Did Jeanette say CRUNCH - surely she means the chocolate bar! YUMMMM! Go, J, go - you can do it!

Lynn! So good to see you stop in - think of you often. I'm glad Jim is getting better - I"m sure you and Rambo are trying to get used to t he 'new' routine.
And loving seeing your cards again!

I'm home for a spell - kids are all dropped off, camping stinky nasty laundry is already been going into/out of the washer, doggies are walked, so it's ME time for little while!

*waving to all!*
Well, things are looking up if you're not dashing here and there this morning and actually have some time for yourself.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:26 PM   #4930
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies--Welcome to Monday and the New Week!!!!!

We had a great weekend--the baptism was so nice and it was great to spend time with the family. Eloise is such a cute baby and she was so good all day yesterday! We are to have pretty nice weather all week--sunshine and temps in the 60's, a bit cooler than I would like. Everything in the greenhouse is just loving all of the sunshine--it is about time!
Glad to hear that your weather has finally warmed up some. Our Fed Ex guy said that his mom had snow in Michigan over the weekend!

Rain and muggy here. Ugh! Just a preview of what summer is going to be like.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:27 PM   #4931
Quacker Stamper

Saturday was a busy day - Haircut and then to the nursery for more milkweed and I bought some marigolds. I heard on the news that they help keep mosquitos away and we have tons of them already! I want to plant them all around my patio. Of course, as soon as I had time to get them in the ground, the rain started and it's been raining or sopping wet ever since, so they are still in my garage. I did get my shop-vac unpacked and ready to use, so I cleaned out the butterfly hutch. It gets so nasty on the bottom. This time I didn't have that many caterpillars left so I took out all the pots to clean and then put paper toweling on the bottom of the hutch and transferred the caterpillars to new, bigger plants and only put 4 pots back in. Since the plants were bigger and fuller, the 4 take up all of the room. I did find about 6 smaller ones out on the outside plants but thankfully, things seem to be slowing down a bit. I'd like to get all of the ones that are in chrysalis form to hatch so I can clean off the underside of the top of the hutch.

I had a little problem with Instacart too. When she brought my stuff she had missed a bag with my frozen/cold items in it. She had mistakenly taken it to another customer's house so she had to go get that and bring it to me and she didn't purchase one thing I ordered and changed my cat food to dog treats!!!!!!! even though I have on the list not to replace anything. I ended up having to go to the store myself later to get the things that she didn't bring me. Lucikily I got home from there right before the storm hit. We got drenched!

Yesterday was a quiet day. First church and not any plans for the rest of the day except for my Home Teachers who came to visit for about 45 minutes. I did do all my blog commenting and balanced my Quicken accounts. I know mine is not set up right. It takes forever to enter and save each transaction so it always takes me a long time to get it all done. Next time my DD comes over I need to have her show me how to change it so it works better.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:29 PM   #4932

Well, yes, Kelly........... of course I meant chocolate!

Barb, I'm glad the weekend went well!

Maggie, that's sure frustrating about the delivery of wrong items. UGH! Yes, I am driving.......... it's about 1200 miles each way. I'll drive there alone, but DD will ride with me on the return trip.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-17-2016, 04:49 AM   #4933

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-17-2016, 06:23 AM   #4934
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Current mood! LOL!

Aw, Jeanette - why so blue? (hee hee!) What a cutie he is!

Maggie, SNOW? Are you for reals. It was 93* here yesterday and the High School a/c was broken, kids were passing out all over the place and they cancelled EOC exams. Dh's a/c is on the brink in his car so he'll have to take my Jeep (I drive the SUV through the week). This weather!

Yep, he's going to raise some butterflies! I think they are either Monarchs or Painted Ladies - I can't remember what the form said. They arrive as larvae! I just know they pledge to rasie them and document it. We do have to plant native flowers and bushes for them, and there was a big list of what we (here in FL) are supposed to have, they send the seedlings of native milkweed or flowering bushes - or they recommend you go try to find it at a local nursery, etc if you can (I imagine they are saying if the cost isn't a concern) We have on our list black tupelo, sweetbay magnolia (my neighbor has one, and oh my, it attracts ME with the scent!), elderberry and pepperbush, swamp milkweed, climbing astor, honeysuckle and swamp sunflowers - which are everywhere here. I"m nervous as to that part, as I am NOT a gardener nor do plants thrive with me, lol - so we need something super low maintenance, but if they send us Monarchs, milkweed is a must. He learned so much from the seminar, he says -- not only was it fascinating, now he wants him and daddy to built a house (but NOTHING like yours!!) instead of the little mesh net starter kit, a whole garden etc .. since he learned you need to add rocks and keep small 'muddy patches so the rainwater collect there and they can drink!' It should be intersting! I hope you dont' mind me asking A LOT of questions once this gets started

Now, about your food delivery - sounds like it's not without it's learning curves! We had a knock at the door once with a Publix delivery guy standing there with 2 bags full of groceries. That's how we learned you can now order online and have it delivered - LOL! Of course, it wasn't ours and we sent him on his way.

Oh I am sporting a MASSIVE headache this morning. I have so much to do - this week is deadlines and bills and overseeing 50 things but my head is pounding. I missed my S'Bux and wonder if thats it, though I had my Keurig fired up at 6:30 am?!

Okay, off to pretend I'll be accomplishing anything today ...... LOL!

Hugs!
Old 05-17-2016, 06:35 AM   #4935

Kelly, I'm blue today........... because you have a massive headache. Praying you feel better soon!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-17-2016, 06:54 AM   #4936
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy, Happy Tuesday. Make it Terrific!!!!!

I hope Kelly's headache goes away--far away!
Old 05-17-2016, 06:55 AM   #4937

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Wisconsin is far away from Florida.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-17-2016, 07:01 AM   #4938
SCS RAK Coordinator

Does that mean I get her headache or Kelly in real life?
Old 05-17-2016, 07:32 AM   #4939

Oh............ that would be great if Kelly would come! Can I come, too???

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-17-2016, 07:40 AM   #4940
SCS RAK Coordinator

sure can Jeanette!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe Camp Stamp-in-Oga in the fall?
Old 05-17-2016, 10:53 AM   #4941
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Well, yes, Kelly........... of course I meant chocolate!

Barb, I'm glad the weekend went well!

Maggie, that's sure frustrating about the delivery of wrong items. UGH! Yes, I am driving.......... it's about 1200 miles each way. I'll drive there alone, but DD will ride with me on the return trip.
Wow! I can't imagine driving that far by myself. Do you have some overnight stops along the way? It's nice that you'll have company on the way home and some help with the driving.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:59 AM   #4942
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Current mood! LOL!

Aw, Jeanette - why so blue? (hee hee!) What a cutie he is!

Maggie, SNOW? Are you for reals. It was 93* here yesterday and the High School a/c was broken, kids were passing out all over the place and they cancelled EOC exams. Dh's a/c is on the brink in his car so he'll have to take my Jeep (I drive the SUV through the week). This weather!

Yep, he's going to raise some butterflies! I think they are either Monarchs or Painted Ladies - I can't remember what the form said. They arrive as larvae! I just know they pledge to rasie them and document it. We do have to plant native flowers and bushes for them, and there was a big list of what we (here in FL) are supposed to have, they send the seedlings of native milkweed or flowering bushes - or they recommend you go try to find it at a local nursery, etc if you can (I imagine they are saying if the cost isn't a concern) We have on our list black tupelo, sweetbay magnolia (my neighbor has one, and oh my, it attracts ME with the scent!), elderberry and pepperbush, swamp milkweed, climbing astor, honeysuckle and swamp sunflowers - which are everywhere here. I"m nervous as to that part, as I am NOT a gardener nor do plants thrive with me, lol - so we need something super low maintenance, but if they send us Monarchs, milkweed is a must. He learned so much from the seminar, he says -- not only was it fascinating, now he wants him and daddy to built a house (but NOTHING like yours!!) instead of the little mesh net starter kit, a whole garden etc .. since he learned you need to add rocks and keep small 'muddy patches so the rainwater collect there and they can drink!' It should be intersting! I hope you dont' mind me asking A LOT of questions once this gets started

Now, about your food delivery - sounds like it's not without it's learning curves! We had a knock at the door once with a Publix delivery guy standing there with 2 bags full of groceries. That's how we learned you can now order online and have it delivered - LOL! Of course, it wasn't ours and we sent him on his way.

Oh I am sporting a MASSIVE headache this morning. I have so much to do - this week is deadlines and bills and overseeing 50 things but my head is pounding. I missed my S'Bux and wonder if thats it, though I had my Keurig fired up at 6:30 am?!

Okay, off to pretend I'll be accomplishing anything today ...... LOL!

Hugs!
Sounds like you're in for a lot of work, but should be (I hope) a lot of fun. I hope you get something different that Monarchs so I can hear all about your butterflies. Luckily, mine are starting to taper down. I'm not finding as many caterpillars on my flowers. I need my babies to come back and lay their eggs on my plants. I have a bunch more plants that I may plant in the ground to attract them and I hope they like my marigolds that I want to plant. I am hoping to get them in the ground this week, but may have to wait until the weekend with all the rain we've been having. I only released 2 yesterday and another one had deformed wings. I wish I knew what was causing that. I'm wondering if they are too crowded together. I'm trying an experiment by putting the chrysalis in the net butterfly house to see if they will hatch in there. I have 3 in there and not sure that 2 will make it, but the one looks pretty good.

Sorry about the headache. Hope you feel better soon.

Most of the time the delivery goes well, but it's like cleaning house, no one does it the way you do.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:00 AM   #4943
Quacker Stamper

My new Vagabond came yesterday! That was such quick service from Overstock.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:24 PM   #4944
Insane Embellisher

Hello all!

I have no good excuses for being MIA. Keeping busy with working out (down 4 lbs in the last 5 weeks!) and trying to clean my room up for the millionth time.

I just caught up on the last few pages.

Maggie - loved your post about the butterflies!! What a labor of love. There is some organization that will send you milkweed with a donation. I don't remember the name of it at the moment. A local friend sent me some to plant but we gave it to my mom. She may or may not plant it as it says to keep away from pets and small children, both of which she has running around her yard. They were going to see about planting it in a neighbor's yard.

Jeanette - where are you driving 1200 miles to? I missed that part I think.

Kelly - loved your hat! Glad it was a good time for you and your son I hope you both have fun with the butterfly project.

Darlene - so very good to see you posting! Hugs!

Lynn & Maxine - happy to hear your DHs are doing better.

Waving hi and sending hugs to all.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:54 PM   #4945
Mad Swapper

Hi Kristie - good to see you here again and chatting - it was a very busy thread overnight (my time) . sounds as though you will be as slim as a shadow if you keep up that sort of working out.

Kelly your hat was wonderful - I never like wearing a hat, even in the heat of summer I try to avoid it - which is not good for my skin, I know.

Lynn those muscles will soon tone up - I know how heavy those wheelchairs can be, having hoisted on in and out of the car when DH broke his ankle last year!!

Talking of DH, he does not yet need to be on Oxygen - whoppee. The specialist respiratory nurse gave us some good practical hints to go on with too.

Jeanette - safe travels, and may your time with your daughter be very special!!

Darlene it was so good to see you blogging again too - may life bring you heaps of peace and joy in the future

Maggie your butterflies really are a labour of love - if I do have milkweed plants I leave them pretty much to themselves, apart from picking off some of the eggs before the plants get too busy.

Barb your gardening sounds wonderful - I only have silver beet and leeks in now, and no more real gardening now for about four months or more - it just gets too cold and wet for anything to thrive.

Waving to you all from a damp and cool down under - we are under a severe thunderstorm warning - second time this week.
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:34 AM   #4946

Thanks Barb... I hope!

Maggie, yes, I'll spend one night enroute to my destination and DD and I will spend one night somewhere on the way home, too. Now about the driving......... NOPE! I'll do all of the driving. I don't let my kiddos drive my Private Jet. YAY on the quick shipping of your Vagabond!

Kristie, it's so good to see you! We'd been missing you! My DD is flying in from Alaska and I'm driving to Boston......... we're going to visit those 6 northeastern states together - the only continental states that we 5 didn't make it to when the kiddos were still at home. I was going to fly there, too, and then rent a car, but that didn't work out, so I'm driving.

Maxine, thanks. I'll do my best to be safe!

Kelly, how is the headache? Gone, I hope!

Well, today is my last day at home......... and so much to do. EEK! Brock would say my most important task of the day is wrapping his birthday presents. LOL! His birthday is Friday. (*sniff *sniff I won't be here with him.......... but that doesn't mean he won't have presents to open.)

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-18-2016, 06:25 AM   #4947
SCS RAK Coordinator

This is for a send-off for our wonderful friend Jeanette--safe travels and have an awesome time!!!!

Old 05-18-2016, 06:32 AM   #4948

Smoochy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Barb! I'm smiling!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-18-2016, 06:33 AM   #4949
SCS RAK Coordinator

Mission Accomplished!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:42 AM   #4950
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--another bright and sunny day for Wisconsin.............. at least two in a row! I will cut the grass this morning and run a few errands, including stopping by my demos house to get my new catty. She is in Spain with her daughter on a horseback riding trip before the SU cruise starts--how fun!
Old 05-19-2016, 08:55 AM   #4951
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hello all!

I have no good excuses for being MIA. Keeping busy with working out (down 4 lbs in the last 5 weeks!) and trying to clean my room up for the millionth time.

I just caught up on the last few pages.

Maggie - loved your post about the butterflies!! What a labor of love. There is some organization that will send you milkweed with a donation. I don't remember the name of it at the moment. A local friend sent me some to plant but we gave it to my mom. She may or may not plant it as it says to keep away from pets and small children, both of which she has running around her yard. They were going to see about planting it in a neighbor's yard.

Jeanette - where are you driving 1200 miles to? I missed that part I think.

Kelly - loved your hat! Glad it was a good time for you and your son I hope you both have fun with the butterfly project.

Darlene - so very good to see you posting! Hugs!

Lynn & Maxine - happy to hear your DHs are doing better.

Waving hi and sending hugs to all.
Thanks Kristie. I've never heard about that warning to keep the Milkweed away from pets or children. My kitties don't try to eat it and I've never had any issues with mine. And no kids to run around my yard.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:58 AM   #4952
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Thanks Barb... I hope!

Maggie, yes, I'll spend one night enroute to my destination and DD and I will spend one night somewhere on the way home, too. Now about the driving......... NOPE! I'll do all of the driving. I don't let my kiddos drive my Private Jet. YAY on the quick shipping of your Vagabond!

Kristie, it's so good to see you! We'd been missing you! My DD is flying in from Alaska and I'm driving to Boston......... we're going to visit those 6 northeastern states together - the only continental states that we 5 didn't make it to when the kiddos were still at home. I was going to fly there, too, and then rent a car, but that didn't work out, so I'm driving.

Maxine, thanks. I'll do my best to be safe!

Kelly, how is the headache? Gone, I hope!

Well, today is my last day at home......... and so much to do. EEK! Brock would say my most important task of the day is wrapping his birthday presents. LOL! His birthday is Friday. (*sniff *sniff I won't be here with him.......... but that doesn't mean he won't have presents to open.)

Sounds like a fun trip. Be safe. Will DD stay at home after the trip for awhile and then go back to Alaska?

Happy birthday to Brock! I'm sure he'll miss you, but he'll have a great time opening his gifts.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:00 AM   #4953
Quacker Stamper

Well, I finally connected with my yard man. He was at my house when I got home last night. I was thinking it was Tuesday and he shouldn't be there, but even so, he wasn't due to come back until next Wednesday. He said that he had come by the day before and noticed that the grass was getting pretty high so decided to come and mow. The night before I had put out some marigolds and some small milkweeds that I was planning to put in the ground myself this weekend, but he went ahead and did that for me. And he finally brought me an invoice for the work that he has done - 3 mowings and for the rocks that he brought for my rock garden. I told him I was beginning to think he was doing it all for free. He just lauged. He's supposed to come back this morning to clean off the roof and the patio cover and to cut off one of the branches of my trumpet tree that is growing out sideways and over top of my gas meter. He pointed out that the flowers that he planted in my pedestal vase in front of my garage were coming back out again. I laughed and said that I told him I wasn't going to water them, although I did water them once. He said he'd water them. I guess he comes by every so often because his SIL lives 3 houses up from me. She had been married to his younger brother who was killed in an auto accident about 10 years ago. She was injured at the time and they had their children with them, but I think they were okay. I guess I won't have to do any planting on Saturday although I do want to repot a few of the plants I have in the rock garden so I'll do that.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:00 AM   #4954
Quacker Stamper

The evenings have been busy for me this week. Tuesday night a GF came over. She brought goodies too - Korean Sushi. (homemade). She had brought me some when I first injured my arm and it was really good, so she made some more for me. We are supposed to have a Ladies Night Out with our church women's group tonight at this GF's house, but I don't think it's going to happen. The storms are supposed to start about 3 and go through the night. I know if it's storming I sure won't be going anywhere.

Last night I went over to visit another GF. She had injured her back about 2 weeks ago and I was going over to help her do some things at her house (folding laundry). We ended up chatting about a trip she had just made to Utah for a friends wedding and looking at a ton of photos she took along the way. She drove there with another lady and did some touristy things.

Tomorrow night is a Broadway Concert that my SIL and my DGD are in although my DGD may not get to perform. She's got a job now and not sure what time she'll get off work. She's also supposed to have a piano recital on Saturday which she'll probably miss because of work too.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:45 PM   #4955
Insane Embellisher

Jeanette!! I know you won't see this until you get back, but I hope you and your DD have a fabulous time on your road trip!! We love Boston!!
Old 05-19-2016, 03:48 PM   #4956
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
The evenings have been busy for me this week. Tuesday night a GF came over. She brought goodies too - Korean Sushi. (homemade). She had brought me some when I first injured my arm and it was really good, so she made some more for me. We are supposed to have a Ladies Night Out with our church women's group tonight at this GF's house, but I don't think it's going to happen. The storms are supposed to start about 3 and go through the night. I know if it's storming I sure won't be going anywhere.

Last night I went over to visit another GF. She had injured her back about 2 weeks ago and I was going over to help her do some things at her house (folding laundry). We ended up chatting about a trip she had just made to Utah for a friends wedding and looking at a ton of photos she took along the way. She drove there with another lady and did some touristy things.

Tomorrow night is a Broadway Concert that my SIL and my DGD are in although my DGD may not get to perform. She's got a job now and not sure what time she'll get off work. She's also supposed to have a piano recital on Saturday which she'll probably miss because of work too.
Sounds like a busy, busy time for you! How is your arm doing?
Old 05-19-2016, 04:11 PM   #4957
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Sounds like a busy, busy time for you! How is your arm doing?
It's been 8 weeks today. Thanks for asking. It is getting a little better, but there are still things that I can't do that cause me pain for instance pushing a cap back on a Copic marker - any pressure on my hand causes pain and I can't bend it all the way. I don't go back to the doctor until the end of June.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:45 AM   #4958
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Friday! I hope your day and the start to the weekend are Wonderful!
Old 05-20-2016, 08:57 AM   #4959
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Maggie, every time I read your posts, you make me smile! I feel like I'm right there with you and you live such a wonderful life Your lawn guy sounds swell. Ours cuts the grass for 25 minutes, talks for another 60! I think I've met my match in the gab department

Is your ggd the same one that is at the college in Utah? Or Kansas ..... I forget!
My dd is busting her behind at her job, too. She loves it, she's a people person - but it's taxing. Not much time between college and the J.O.B.!

Today I'm off to the school to head to ds's Run Club - their 'olympics' is this afternoon with trophies and awards, etc. Then I have to grab dd17 who just got hired and has her training today. Then their banquet is tonight so she'll already be dressed up from the training so that was a plus!

Dh leaves in a little while for a 3 day leadership Boy Scout Training. He stepped up when the spot was empty so he can mentor and go along with the kids to camp, etc. Little man was disappointed it wasn't for the boys, too - LOL!

Tomorrow bright and early at 8 am he has to go to the middle school for special testing in Math - they offered him a spot in some advanced elite math class. He's in 5th grade and gets all A's, and it's like Algebra or something - the girls had it in 7th grade. He's a math whiz - clearly does NOT get that from his mama! LOL! I soooooooooooooooo dislike math!!!

Tonight for little man and I, dd21 and her boyfriend is dinner at Olive Garden - yum! I told the kids I want the night off, those of you home can come with me, those not - we will plan another time!

Wishing you all a fun day ahead, and if I don't make it back, a fun weekend!
Old 05-22-2016, 06:51 AM   #4960
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Sunday! Roomie is in Philadelphia for a conference so I have time to check SCS today. It is a beautiful day and the great weather will continue for a few days. We had a 5K walk yesterday as a fund raiser for the Humane Society and it was great--wonderful weather, close to 500 walkers and runners, along with probably 200 dogs too! Everyone got along, human and non-human!!!!!

Have a fantastic weekend!