Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-28-2016, 08:28 PM   #4841
Mad Swapper

Love your watercoloured background Kelly - they look as though you have been doing it for ages!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-29-2016, 05:38 AM   #4842
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

mschoener likes this post.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:39 AM   #4843
SCS RAK Coordinator

I too think Kelly's cards and her water coloring is great!
Old 04-29-2016, 09:42 AM   #4844
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Hi girls! In from the afternoon commute, but about to head out in an hour to take little man to Boy Scouts. We live so far from the church that hosts, while everyone else lives next door, so we've a bit of a drive each week. It's also right by Starbucks so OOOPS! quick turn! LOL!

LOOKIE, LOOKIE!! I water colored!! I had so much fun while the boys were camping - painting, playing! My entire dining room table was full! Another card group was talking about the Recollections water color crayons - which I already have a few sets of other brands - and I had just seen them at Michaels. Intriqued, I went back and left them- three times! My dd17 convinced me to just get them and splurge once in awhile so yep, they fell in my basket! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of watercolor cards. I mean, I SWOON! I pin them, I save them, I blurf them, I go looking for deets ..........

I'm clearly a novice!! But I tried I love the creative outlet part so I'll keep practicing.

You can take a peek here *Sandcastle Stamper* : Watercolor Fun!*

Maggie, I'm jealous on the Sketchers - those are my favorite tennies! In fact, they just opened a Sketchers store by our house! But it's pricey - $50 and up for a pair. I'm going to go look .... is it today only? enjoy your new shoes!

*Waving to everyone!*
Beautiful cards Kelly. Love your WC Technique.

Yes, it was yesterday only - Deal of the Day! I should get mine on Monday. Me too! I love Skechers. I even have some that are NOT tennis shoe type.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 04-30-2016, 06:31 AM   #4845
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI girls! Busy day ahead - little man has his elem. school Fun Fair today and it's a huge fundraiser for the school, lots of work for the parents and staff and it's HOT HOT HOT!!!

Later, we are dashing to Ft. Lauderdale to a local singing contest - like a mini American Idol - just for kicks and giggles. I heard it on the radio and told dd she should enter so she get the day off of work to go and try out. They invite you back to the finals (or not) so wish us luck - I'm SUPER nervous!

Thank you for your sweet words on the watercoloring I'm having fun with it, and that's the best part! I see cards and I'm like WOW ....... I try and it's like yeah. no. toss. LOL!!!

Maxine, happy 6th birthday to the princess!!! How fast they grow, right?

Did you see, girls, that Barb went to Creative Pals, home to 5 billion Whipper Snapper stamps, and didn't take us along!! I say we need a road trip - she has to swing by and pick us all up next time!

Maggie, hopefully you will love your sneaks! I love Sketchers! I had my eye on the Go Walks ..... I think it'll help considerably to get a decent shoe for my work outs. I'm still in my old Avia shoes .... which were great (10 years ago, lol!)

Okay girls - have a great weekend! We may be on FB later, if we dont get lost driving to this place and/or changing our minds!!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:42 PM   #4846
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

HI girls! Busy day ahead - little man has his elem. school Fun Fair today and it's a huge fundraiser for the school, lots of work for the parents and staff and it's HOT HOT HOT!!!

Later, we are dashing to Ft. Lauderdale to a local singing contest - like a mini American Idol - just for kicks and giggles. I heard it on the radio and told dd she should enter so she get the day off of work to go and try out. They invite you back to the finals (or not) so wish us luck - I'm SUPER nervous!

Thank you for your sweet words on the watercoloring I'm having fun with it, and that's the best part! I see cards and I'm like WOW ....... I try and it's like yeah. no. toss. LOL!!!

Maxine, happy 6th birthday to the princess!!! How fast they grow, right?

Did you see, girls, that Barb went to Creative Pals, home to 5 billion Whipper Snapper stamps, and didn't take us along!! I say we need a road trip - she has to swing by and pick us all up next time!

Maggie, hopefully you will love your sneaks! I love Sketchers! I had my eye on the Go Walks ..... I think it'll help considerably to get a decent shoe for my work outs. I'm still in my old Avia shoes .... which were great (10 years ago, lol!)

Okay girls - have a great weekend! We may be on FB later, if we dont get lost driving to this place and/or changing our minds!!
Hope the Fair turns out well. Good luck to DD. Hope she gets to move on.

I'm sure I'll love my Sketchers. I have a pair of Go Walks. They're great. I keep them at the office for my lunch time walks.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #4847
Quacker Stamper

We dodged a bullet last night! The rain that we were supposed to get went around us. Just got a little bit this morning. I was at a fund raising Gala with my DD, SIL, and DGD. Food was fabulous, but I think I ate too much. I also won 2 of the silent auction items. One was a quilt that my DD made. I think she was disappointed that it didn't go for more $$, but I'm so happy that I have it. I also won a Chick-Fil-A basket. I don't even know what all was in it. I gave it to my DD & family. I was thinking that Morgan could use it, forgetting that she is now vegetarian and doesn't eat chicken. But I think the rest of the family can use it all. I like CFA, but I don't go there but maybe once a year.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #4848
Quacker Stamper

I've been diddling around the house today. I did make yet another trip to the nursery and bought more milkweed plants. The ones that they've already eaten on are just not leafing out enough yet to really feed them. Where is that greenhouse? I've released quite a few butterflies over the last week but unfortunately some didn't make it. I have 2 with wings that didn't form right. I think it might be the way they are hanging. A couple put their chrysalis on the overhang of a pot or on the side of the hutch where they didn't have a lot of room when they hatched to spread their wings, so I'm thinking that is the problem. I read today that I can take the chrysalis's and put them in my net butterfly cage and they will hatch in there. As long as they have something to climb on so they can spread their wings to dry, you can put them anywhere. They don't have to be hanging from something.

I had a number of them that I don't know what happened to them. When they form the chrysalis they attach and make a J shape before forming the chrysalis which actually comes when they shed their outer skin. Anyway, when i looked the other day about 89 of them were just hanging straight up and down and had a thread like thing hanging from them. They also weren't green and fat like they should be, so not sure what happened to them. Couldn't find anything about that on the Internet.

I did order a Shop Vac which I should get on Monday to use to clean out the crude on the bottom of the hutch. I don't think that's good for them.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:20 PM   #4850
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

OH Barb, May already! That means the mortgage is due ...... so I'll pretend i didn't see your greeting - hee hee!

Maggie, 89?! You are truly the butterfly whisperer! Thats so wonderful to hear how much research you've done on how they hang and the space they need. I'd be clueless, honestly. We did rescue a frog today though .......... lol. Poor babe. But that's another novel!

So proud of my dd from yesterday long LOOOOOOONG day - she made it through 2 rounds, cut the final (3rd) round. She was a bundle of nerves and she let it get the better of her. There was some amazing talent there! We made a few new friends, that habit of mine of talking to anyone, lol. I think they were looking for a certain look, and factor - to represent Miami, anyway. Only 1 of the 5 advancing had the right to move forward, LOL - the other 4, sorry - it was way rigged! DD did not deserve to go forward, so I hope I don't sound like a sore loser - we were VERY OKAY with her not going onward, but I was not okay with some of the wonderful talent that was not chosen. It made me sad. I know they went based on looks and not talent as my heart hurt for a few ladies in particular. Shameful, but that's show business. Dd didn't even care, she was in a hurry to get back to work (she never made it, this was like 11 hours!) and get back to her beau ♥ So overall, a learning experience and we know what to expect next time and what they clearly want (as almost all of these xfactor type shows are the same!) Thanks for thinking good thoughts!

Hugs all around - this mama is going to bed!
Old 05-02-2016, 04:27 AM   #4851
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!
I'm home again - and will be all. week. long. (Next week is a different story. )

I've read the thread, but will not attempt to comment to everyone. Just know that you are ALL very special to me!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 05-02-2016, 05:58 AM   #4852
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends
Happy May!

Old 05-02-2016, 06:02 AM   #4853

Peek a boo... I see you... Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-02-2016, 06:20 AM   #4854
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I could not get up this morning! My alarm went off to get little man to school and I shut it off 3 times, lol. Our neighbors dogs bark and howl and it's right outside our window We LOVE them (both dogs and neighbors!) so we can't really say much, lol, but wow, it makes for a 3 cup kind of day! (yep, on my 3rd Kcup!)

Now I'm home, and once I'm up, I'm up - so I'm about to get inky!! Woohoo!
Old 05-02-2016, 06:26 AM   #4855

Awww, Kelly... sorry you had trouble getting up... and trouble sleeping too... have fun with ink now that you've got a chance!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-02-2016, 07:07 PM   #4856
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

OH Barb, May already! That means the mortgage is due ...... so I'll pretend i didn't see your greeting - hee hee!

Maggie, 89?! You are truly the butterfly whisperer! Thats so wonderful to hear how much research you've done on how they hang and the space they need. I'd be clueless, honestly. We did rescue a frog today though .......... lol. Poor babe. But that's another novel!

So proud of my dd from yesterday long LOOOOOOONG day - she made it through 2 rounds, cut the final (3rd) round. She was a bundle of nerves and she let it get the better of her. There was some amazing talent there! We made a few new friends, that habit of mine of talking to anyone, lol. I think they were looking for a certain look, and factor - to represent Miami, anyway. Only 1 of the 5 advancing had the right to move forward, LOL - the other 4, sorry - it was way rigged! DD did not deserve to go forward, so I hope I don't sound like a sore loser - we were VERY OKAY with her not going onward, but I was not okay with some of the wonderful talent that was not chosen. It made me sad. I know they went based on looks and not talent as my heart hurt for a few ladies in particular. Shameful, but that's show business. Dd didn't even care, she was in a hurry to get back to work (she never made it, this was like 11 hours!) and get back to her beau ♥ So overall, a learning experience and we know what to expect next time and what they clearly want (as almost all of these xfactor type shows are the same!) Thanks for thinking good thoughts!

Hugs all around - this mama is going to bed!
LOL! That should have said 8 - 9, not 89! That would be terrible. I actually have 2 little frogs that live in my back yard in the flower beds. Sometimes they come hang out over by the Milkweed plants. Speaking of which I had to change out the plants today after only 3 days! They were completely striped of any leaves. The caterpillars were going crazy trying to figure out what to eat. Luckily, I was able to move them around and onto the fresh plants. Looks like another trip to the nursery this weekend. I was clueless to start with too Kelly, but Google is my friend!

That's fabulous that your DD made it through 2 rounds. Yes, I think there is a lot of backstage stuff that goes on as to who is the favorite. Too bad it's not by talent. One of the things that I don't like about all these shows where people get to call in and vote for their favorites because the favorite just might not have the talent that they should have to be a winner. Glad that you DD wasn't upset by the whole charade.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:08 PM   #4857
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
I'm home again - and will be all. week. long. (Next week is a different story. )

I've read the thread, but will not attempt to comment to everyone. Just know that you are ALL very special to me!

Welcome home Jeanette!
Old 05-02-2016, 07:10 PM   #4858
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I could not get up this morning! My alarm went off to get little man to school and I shut it off 3 times, lol. Our neighbors dogs bark and howl and it's right outside our window We LOVE them (both dogs and neighbors!) so we can't really say much, lol, but wow, it makes for a 3 cup kind of day! (yep, on my 3rd Kcup!)

Now I'm home, and once I'm up, I'm up - so I'm about to get inky!! Woohoo!
I think some new really good windows (I suggest Window World) and some "white" noise may help drown out the outside noise. Why is it that we can hear noise from the outside so clearly in our house, but you can't hear noise from the inside of the house outside unless it's really, really loud like screaming and even then we don't always hear it.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:11 PM   #4859
Quacker Stamper

I went to the orthopedist today. My arm is still healing, but there is still a crack by the elbow and it's still very tender there. I'm to be doing status quo and go back in 2 months. Use it, but be careful too. It is really very sore tonight. I may hit the sack early. Pain tires me out.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:01 PM   #4860

Thank you. Maggie! I'm sorry your arm is still so sore. ((HUGS))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-03-2016, 04:27 AM   #4861

I hope your morning is going well. Mine is... I slept in this morning. I've been waking up at 4:12 the past few days. This morning it was 4:14. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.... the bliss of extra sleep.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-03-2016, 06:36 AM   #4862
SCS RAK Coordinator

We have Sunshine!!!!!! Yes, it came yesterday and might be here for most of the week as we have temps in the 60's too! We did have an inch of rain over the weekend and we needed that. Our greenhouse is getting full of little plants and they are loving the sun too!

I hope you have a Terrific Tuesday!!!!
Old 05-03-2016, 06:37 AM   #4863
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maggie--so sorry your arm is still painful. Hope today is better!
Old 05-03-2016, 06:42 AM   #4864

Hi Barb... we have glorious sunshine, too! We actually got nearly 4" of rain over the weekend... a bit wet here.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-04-2016, 04:03 AM   #4865

Today my DH is taking my Private Jet to the city for its maintenance (closest dealer is nearly 2 hours away). I plan to make cards while they are gone. Well, unless I start sorting/purging/organizing and can't stop. I guess either way it's a win/win.

What does everyone else have planned for the day?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-04-2016, 05:40 AM   #4866
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Wednesday!
Old 05-04-2016, 06:09 AM   #4867
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all!

May the 4th
be with you!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:25 AM   #4868

I "liked" Kelly's post, but I can't like Barb's... because she's hoarding Smoochy!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-04-2016, 08:50 AM   #4869
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Maggie--so sorry your arm is still painful. Hope today is better!
Thanks Barb, I don't think it's really going to be better until it is completely healed and tomorrow will be 6 weeks so it's going to take longer than predicted. And I don't go back to the orthopedist for 2 months.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:52 AM   #4870
Quacker Stamper

Kelly, did you order those Skechers on Amazon the other day????? I got mine on Monday and they are BEAUTIFUL! I don't usually call shoes beautiful, but these really are. Can't wait to start wearing them, hopefully next week when I can get out to walk again.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:57 AM   #4871
Mad Swapper

Thought I would pop in and say hi - the rain has hit today so I got some stamping time in - to make another sympathy card, this time for us to use. The funeral is Saturday morning - an old friend who had a run in with cancer.

The last few days I have been in the garden doing some cleaning up before winter (again), and getting ready for the family invasion that now is not going to happen!

48 hours before the deal on the house was due to close, the vendor has not done what needed to be done, and it looks as though it may fall over... the 'kids' are devastated, so prayer would be appreciated. At this point they are staying in the rental and seeing how things work out, and praying that they get the house eventually.

Maggie that arm is taking a while to heal - be careful won't you!

Jeanette it 's good to see you home for a week - I am sure the body appreciates it.

Kelly that so called talent quest must have been a real eye opener - I don't like watching 'reality' TV as so much of it has been edited for 'entertainment' and 'ratings' and is not what really happens. Glad to hear DD coped though. Good to hear also that you had some inky time

Barb you really live a busy life - hope your spring garden is successful - sounds as though it has made a good start.

Kel it's been good to see you popping in to my blog lately - hopefully we may see you here too.

Kristie I hope the spring weather has dispelled the winter blues for you - your last few cards have been lovely.

Any news of Darlene of late??

Lynn I hope your social life slows down soon - we are quiet at the moment - only one appointment this week, and only one scheduled for next week!! Bliss.

Hugs to you all from downunder
Old 05-05-2016, 04:40 AM   #4872

Maggie, UGH on the arm... but YAY on pretty shoes.

Maxine, DRATS! I'm sure the kids are very disappointed and probably frustrated, too. Sending prayers.

Yes, I am enjoying the week at home - next week, I'll drive over a state to see my parents/sister... about 350 miles each way. The week after than I'm driving (EEK!) to New England to meet up with DD for a mini-vacation. It will take me (alone) two days to get there (1200 miles), we will spend 4 days seeing the 6 states, then it will take the 2 of us 2 days to drive home. She'll be here in the lower 48 for about 6 weeks, coming and going from our house. Then she'll be heading back to Alaska.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:45 AM   #4873
Pearl-ExPert

Morning everyone! Yes, it's really me. It was so crazy last week (and previous weeks too) and I'm finally able to breathe a little bit this week. Things to be done and am doing around the house but thankfully, no doctors appointments for Jim and I until next week. What a relief! Things are rocking along I suppose. The ENT cauterized some places in Jim's nose a couple of weeks ago due to the massive nose bleeds he's been having but sadly, it doesn't seem to be working too well right now. Not as bad as before, but still there. Have to go back to him the first week of June.

I tried to read through all the posts but mercy me.........everyone is busy it seems.

Hope all is going well with everyone. Summer is almost on us (except for Maxine, who's headed to winter) so at least the weather is getting better. Hot, but nice. Of course Kelly always has the hot weather.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:52 AM   #4874

Hello, Lynn... so good to see you. I'm sorry about Jim's nose bleeds. Hopefully things will improve soon!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-05-2016, 08:14 AM   #4875
SCS RAK Coordinator

Have a Fantastic Fiesta Kind of Day!!!!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:23 AM   #4876
Mad Swapper

Hi folks - awesome news - after things regarding the house appearing to go from bad to worse (due to the vendor and her inability to actually function like other people), the lawyers have managed to get her to agree to giving the keys to the youngsters and they can basically take possession as of 5:00 p.m. this afternoon!! A lot of work has been done today by all three solicitors (two are hers) ....

They are staying in the rental for another week and then moving into the house, as SIL will have had time to make it habitable. Talk about a miracle!! Thank you for your prayers.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:28 AM   #4877

Maxine, wow! Wow! WOW!!! That is FABULOUS! I'm so excited for your "kids"!

Barb, how was Cinco de Mayo?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-06-2016, 05:48 AM   #4878
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Friday! I am headed to a scholarship meeting at the high school I taught at this morning and then I have hostess club this afternoon. AND--I get to see some of the new SU toys that Sarah got in her pre-order! Heading to watch a track meet tonight and then we are going to cancer walk tomorrow morning. We are to have an outstanding weather day today--temps might be in the low 80's!!!!

Have a fantastic day and start to the weekend!
Old 05-06-2016, 05:48 AM   #4879
SCS RAK Coordinator

Cinco was good as I had lunch at Chili's.......................
Old 05-06-2016, 05:56 AM   #4880

Barb, I'm glad you celebrated yesterday well... and have fun plans for today, too!

Find Me on Instagram