Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-17-2016, 10:57 PM   #4761
Mad Swapper

Oh Barb - a burger on the grill sounds wonderful. Getting a bit cool for that now - it's soup weather here . Glad to hear you had a great weekend and learned a new technique at the workshop
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:23 AM   #4762
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, you are such a good monarch mama!

Lynn, I hope your birthday was good... how are things going?

Maxine, your trip sounds like a good one... but tiring. I'm glad you're home, too. And trust me, cleaning house IS much easier when DH is out-of-state... or at least out-of-town. That dear man is in and out of here off and on all day.... it's like a revolving door.

Barb, welcome home! Sounds like you had a good time!

Yesterday was a great day! DH ended up being asked to preach at our old church (their interim needed to go to his dad who is very sick).... Brock was so happy to be "home" at church again. He gave lots of hugs.......... and sang louder than he's sung in a while. Then we went to lunch at my favorite pizza place (Yes, the one I went to Wednesday... but shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell DH.)

I spent the entire afternoon sorting/organizing (and purging just a few) brads. Oh, my! I do love brads!!!

The weather was so glorious here......... 79 degrees inside the house............. so I opened all the windows (they are fairly new windows in this house, so I'm able to open them without DH's help)... slept to the noises of birds chirping, geese quacking... and an occasional train. This morning it's 69 degrees inside the house, but I'm not going to close the windows yet... since I suspect it will start warming up in here soon.

Today I'll be doing laundry... what's everyone else up to today?

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mschoener likes this post.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:29 AM   #4763
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

It is going to be one more outstanding day in Wisconsin--temps close to 80 again--third day in a row! Then, it gets a bit cooler for the rest of the week, but still it will be sunny!!!!

I am off to a stamp class at my LSS this afternoon-then to unload the trailer full of bags of garden waste and branches trimmed from our curly willow. I am also meeting with a landscape guy this morning about getting mulch and have them install it in our gardens and around our trees.

I hope you have a Marvelous Monday!!!!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:55 AM   #4764
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oops, sorry I missed your birthday Lynn. Hope you had a good one.
Life has hit me with several days in one recently, it feels. But I did get some crafting time yesterday.
Saturday we traveled to our DIL's graduation. Over an hour's travel time, over two and a half hour ceremony, tea and tiny cakes and home again. Stopped at MC D's for a meal as we got into town and were sorely disappointed. Prices up and quality down since last we were there. We were glad to get home .

Kristie sorry to hear you have been in a funk - hopefully spring will help.

Maggie I was surprised at the potassium helping you sleep. DH needs it for his heart function, as some of his other meds deplete his levels. I use magnesium for sleeping!
Your monarchs sound amazing. Well done on nurturing them as you do.

Jeanette I loved your comments about cleaning when DH is away

Shelly hope your travels this weekend are safe and you can enjoy your time with your Mum.

Kelly I hope you don't miss your SB today - can't have you grumpy!!! That must have been so traumatic .
Hugs to you all from down under.
Too bad that Mickey D's wasn't very good when you stopped. I used to love their French Fries when I would take my DGD there years ago.

The potasssium doesn't necessarily help me sleep, but it helps with the leg cramps and RLS. So without the cramps and RLS, I can sleep better.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 04-18-2016, 06:00 AM   #4765
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Maggie, you are such a good monarch mama!

Lynn, I hope your birthday was good... how are things going?

Maxine, your trip sounds like a good one... but tiring. I'm glad you're home, too. And trust me, cleaning house IS much easier when DH is out-of-state... or at least out-of-town. That dear man is in and out of here off and on all day.... it's like a revolving door.

Barb, welcome home! Sounds like you had a good time!

Yesterday was a great day! DH ended up being asked to preach at our old church (their interim needed to go to his dad who is very sick).... Brock was so happy to be "home" at church again. He gave lots of hugs.......... and sang louder than he's sung in a while. Then we went to lunch at my favorite pizza place (Yes, the one I went to Wednesday... but shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell DH.)

I spent the entire afternoon sorting/organizing (and purging just a few) brads. Oh, my! I do love brads!!!

The weather was so glorious here......... 79 degrees inside the house............. so I opened all the windows (they are fairly new windows in this house, so I'm able to open them without DH's help)... slept to the noises of birds chirping, geese quacking... and an occasional train. This morning it's 69 degrees inside the house, but I'm not going to close the windows yet... since I suspect it will start warming up in here soon.

Today I'll be doing laundry... what's everyone else up to today?

Glad that Brock had a good Sunday back in the church with his old friends.

I need to get back to organizing. Maybe something to do today since I'm at home.

I have new windows at my house too. I put them in about 3 years ago I think. I was also hoping to be able to open them in cool weather, but no can do. Found out after I got them in and opened one where the kitties could look out that Corey has allergies! His right eye got all watery and icky looking so I have to keep the windows closed. Funny too because he was the last outside kitty that I was able to bring into the house. He lived outside for about 4 months.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:02 AM   #4766

awwwwwwwwwwwww... poor Corey! I feel the pain, since before we moved to this town, we lived in a tiny unincorporated village in northern Illinois, surrounded by corn fields. My allergies did not allow us to open the windows.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-18-2016, 06:02 AM   #4767
Quacker Stamper

Well, looks like I may have a unexpected day off. We have the WORST flooding in H Town today. My street is flooded up into my driveway which never gets this bad. H Town has a number of bayous around town which are all flooded. Just saw a news reporter rescue a man from his car that just went under water in the street. Schools are closed and our office is on hold until 11. Just talked to my boss. I couldn't even get through to our office. The phones weren't picking up.
Attached Thumbnails [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/cards-new-open-swaps-f426/318521d1460982616t-street-driveway.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-18-2016, 06:30 AM   #4768

Maggie, that looks horrible... be safe... and try to stay dry.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-18-2016, 07:41 AM   #4769
SCS RAK Coordinator

Be safe Maggie!
Old 04-18-2016, 09:14 AM   #4770
Quacker Stamper

Guess I can quit worrying about whether or not to go to work. The building has no power. When I called in earlier this morning, the phones didn't answer, just kept ringing and ringing. Now I get a busy signal. I texted with the girl who is our receptionist that I'm friends with and she did manage to get there earlier, she lives close to the office. We are supposed to get text messages when there is an issue with the office, but she said that she didn't get one.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:33 AM   #4771
Pearl-ExPert

First of all...........HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Shelly!!!! Hope you have a great day!

Maggie, I've been thinking of you all morning! Yikes on that weather. How much rain has Houston had today anyway? Someone on FB said 40 inches but know that's what they had several years ago during one of the hurricanes. Sounds really awful there with so many people stranded on the roads and all that. Stay inside and hope that water doesn't get in your home. We keep missing the worst of it all which is fine with me. Got 2 inches this morning with more on the way. Not bad here at all. I know other parts of the state have been hit so bad from all this rain.
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:39 AM   #4772
Quacker Stamper

Shelly! Hope you have a great day!
Old 04-18-2016, 11:44 AM   #4773
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
First of all...........HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Shelly!!!! Hope you have a great day!

Maggie, I've been thinking of you all morning! Yikes on that weather. How much rain has Houston had today anyway? Someone on FB said 40 inches but know that's what they had several years ago during one of the hurricanes. Sounds really awful there with so many people stranded on the roads and all that. Stay inside and hope that water doesn't get in your home. We keep missing the worst of it all which is fine with me. Got 2 inches this morning with more on the way. Not bad here at all. I know other parts of the state have been hit so bad from all this rain.
Hi Lynn. We're not really sure exactly yet. It hasn't been 40 inches yet. Just to the Northwest of me is Jersey Village and there and to the East of them had the most overnight which was between 12-14 inches. Probably was that the storm stalled out over us so it just kept raining and raining. We probably got about 6-8 inches at my house. We had 30-35 inches during Allison which did completely flood the whole city. That was spectacular. It's not quite that bad this time. Just now they are saying that the worst was 15-16 inches where I said up above. Back last Memorial Day we had a really bad flood and the area affected was 200 square miles. They say that this time the heaviest rain area was 3000 square miles!

I'm trying to motivate myself to do something constructive while I'm off. I did whip up a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake in a Mug! Yummy
Old 04-18-2016, 12:08 PM   #4774
Mad Swapper

Oh Maggie that sounds horrible, glad you are not actually flooded.

Happy Birthday Shelly - hope you have a wonderful day.

We are replacing our toilet replaced today - we have had to co-ordinate the plumber and a builder as a wall has to be re-clad. The new cistern does not fit into the wall cavity as the old one does. Hopefully all over by early afternoon. Thankfully the neighbours are happy to have us use their facilities if needed. A bit of a mutual back scratch as they also replaced their toilet recently. A bit of a neighbourhood trend .

Better go and get ready for the excitement - not, more likely noise and mess to start with
Old 04-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #4775
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly! It's your day! I hope you celebrate YOU!

Maggie, dear me - that is a lot of rain! Be safe!

Maxine, yay for new potties!

Sending hugs to all!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 04-18-2016, 03:53 PM   #4776
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy Birthday Shelly!

Stay safe Maggie--that is a boatload of rain, pun intended!

Thanks for the bathroom update Maxine.................... too funny!
Old 04-19-2016, 05:57 AM   #4777
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Tuesday!!!! Today is a day in the stamp room and I hope to also get my sewing machine out to do some quilting. I wish you a Fantastic Day!
Old 04-19-2016, 06:15 AM   #4778

I've been having a love/hate relationship with my computer this morning.... so I'm a bit later than usual getting here.

Well, drats! I missed Shelly's Birthday party! Shelly, I hope your day was FABULOUS!!!

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:52 PM   #4779
Mad Swapper

Morning fellow addicts !!

We survived yesterday with no accidents - of any kind.
Added to that our SIL came and clipped a hedge for us . That means we have the grandies for some time this afternoon..... No stamping for me today. The forecast is for fine weather so that should be OK.

Waving to you all from a sunny down under
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:06 PM   #4780
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh dear - Lynn I'm sorry I missed your birthday ( and why did I not get a Facebook reminder either! Waah!) I hope it was as wonderful as can be ❤️

Today is my hubby's bday - but who's counting! 😝
Old 04-19-2016, 07:40 PM   #4781
Quacker Stamper

Hi everyone! Busy, busy day here. It was kind of quiet at the office. Boss was gone half of the day. The paralegal was still flooded in so she wasn't at the office either. I did have a wonderful surprise though. A very dear friend who has been living in Ecuador for the last year was back in town and called me about 4 to see if I were going to be at home tonight. She's in the states for a month visiting her kids and friends who live all over the US. One even lives in The Netherlands, but she's not visiting her this time. Anyway, she came on over to my house and we had a fun time catching up. I was under the impression that she has permanently moved down there, but she's just there on a 2-year visa, but wants to stay one more year if her DD in CO will keep her dog that extra year. She was one of my stamping buddies, so I was happy to hear that she was getting some of her supplies from her DD's house to take back with her. I mentioned that I was trying to have a garage sale and she asked if she could look through my stuff. Of course I said yes, so she did and liked a bunch of different things. I sold her (cheap) a few of my SU stamp sets. She liked quite a few of the background ones and flowers. She's my soul mate, she loves flowers as much as I do. I had a bunch of stuff that wasn't SU also including a set of TH Distress Markers which I have never used that I gave to her. I may have been able to get more at a garage sale, and then again, may be nothing at all, so I think we were both winners on that one. Won't see her for another 1 or 2 years but when she comes back it will be to Texas so even if she doesn't live in Houston, we'll still be able to get together every so often. She hates big cities.
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:45 PM   #4782
Mad Swapper

Oh Maggie what a blessing to be able to share your supplies and know they are appreciated - I am sure your friend was so appreciative of them.

We have a gorgeous sunny afternoon here after a cool and cloudy morning - the grandies are currently outside eating apples, so I had a chance to sneak on here and say hi
Old 04-20-2016, 04:36 AM   #4783

I hope you enjoy this

YAY for no accidents, Maxine... and grandies time too!

Kelly, hope your DH had a wonderful birthday!

Maggie, how fun to be able to spend some time with your friend. Sounds like you two shopped quite well together. )

It was so nice yesterday... I spent the entire day working in the garage. Got quite a bit accomplished, but still LOTS to do!

I'm leaving as soon as the morning commute is over... going to the small city about an hour from us. Getting a haircut, going to card class, doing a bit of shopping.

So I'll see you again tomorrow!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-20-2016, 05:25 AM   #4784
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Wednesday! I will spent some time this morning in the stamp room and then I have a luncheon with the retired staff from my school. Then, there is a surprise celebration for Penny, my friend who won the Teacher of the Year, at her school at 1:30. I will have to hurry my luncheon to try and make it on time. They are planning a parade with a police escort and the high school band whose building is across the street. It should be quite a surprise!

For those interested, I have opened the new Whipper Snapper/Penny Black swap. There are two categories--Christmas in July and Summer cards. Check out the swap link in my siggy!
Old 04-21-2016, 12:17 AM   #4785
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

My apologies to Lynn- Missed your Birthday- hope you had a great day!

Thanks for all of the Birthday Wishes : ) Barb- loved the card! I had a list written up at one time with our B-day dates to send cards- not sure where I put it though....will have to make a new one. Who is next??? LOL

My day with Mom was great- it is hard for her to be in a home that is not hers, but she will get used to it..... I drove her up to the cemetary, we did not stay long. It was emotional, but she was telling me it was for the best- he suffered enough.

I cannot easily get on Yahoo, Google or SCS on my phone, Even when I want to try to moderate comments on the blog, it makes me sign in. It is too much of a pain, so I do not get to commenting from the phone. I can do Facebook...LOL

Barb- I am with Jeanette- you have so much fun!

Maxine- your gathering sounds like fun. Glad hubby was well enough to go along!

Jeanette- late, but so cool you got to go back to your prior church- love how you described Brock as enjoying it.

Lynn- did you do anything for your birthday?

Kristie- hope things are looking up for you!

Kelly- Oh, I do not think I could change a tire alone. I would also have to call AAA. Hope your daughter is OK!

Waving hello if I missed anyone. Gotta get to bed!

Shelly
Old 04-21-2016, 04:01 AM   #4786

Barb, it sure sounds like you packed in a lot of fun yesterday... how did it all go?

Shelly, I'm glad your visit with your mom went okay. I know there are a lot of adjustments, most which are not easy. (((HUGS))) Thanks for your sweet comment. Brock did love being in "his" church.

Today it supposed to be another rainy day, so I guess I'll be working at the inside organizing/sorting/purging rather than the task in the garage - since I don't leave my Private Jet out in the rain unless I have to.

Oh, and yes, I was up WAY TOO EARLY this morning. I've been awake since 3:15... finally got out of bed a little past 4:00.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-21-2016, 08:05 AM   #4787
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Mooooooooove out the way, I'm actually home! WOOHOO!! I'm taking some time this morning to catch up - housework (snort!), card and blogs!

My boys are leaving this weekend for Boy Scout camp in central Florida. They are heading UP RIVER ....... literally! Camping on the Loxahatchee river, canoeing from point A to B. I sooo wanted to go, it's right up my alley! But, there was no way I was going camping for 3 days with a bunch of gross, sweaty & smelly dads and preteen boys with only tents and backpacks!

Nope. not. happening. My dh can represent, LOL!

Waving to everyone so I can get some crafting done!
Hugs!
Old 04-21-2016, 09:02 AM   #4788

Hi Kelly... hmmmmmmmmmmmm... thought sure you'd go camping with them.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-21-2016, 09:27 AM   #4789
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I had a haircut and pedicure this morning, so I am just getting to SCS now.

I did have a fun filled day yesterday. There were about 25 retired staff members and spouses at the luncheon yesterday. Good to see everyone, though we did lose two in the past few months. Then, I raced to the school to catch the end of the parade. Penny was mostly surprised--a parent let something slip on Tuesday when she was on bus duty (all 600 kids kept the secret and an adult could not......) They had a police escort, fire truck, high school band, a large sign announcing her award which was carried by some students and will be placed in front of the school and then the convertible with Penny-who had a sash on and a bouquet of roses. It was fantastic as all of the kids were on both side of the driveway, waving pool floaties and pom pons along with Penny faces that were printed out and put in sticks--400 of those! They had a small reception in the teacher's workroom after for a few of her friends that were there along with her mom, SIL and her two kiddos. The mayor had a proclamation and certificate to give to her and the school superintendent along with school board member presented her with a gift. Just an Awesome Day for a great lady!
Old 04-21-2016, 09:48 AM   #4790

Barb, that's really kind of funny that all those kids kept the secret but an adult did not. Kids can be pretty amazing! Sounds like the party/celebration was something special!!!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:23 PM   #4791
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Mooooooooove out the way, I'm actually home! WOOHOO!! I'm taking some time this morning to catch up - housework (snort!), card and blogs!

My boys are leaving this weekend for Boy Scout camp in central Florida. They are heading UP RIVER ....... literally! Camping on the Loxahatchee river, canoeing from point A to B. I sooo wanted to go, it's right up my alley! But, there was no way I was going camping for 3 days with a bunch of gross, sweaty & smelly dads and preteen boys with only tents and backpacks!

Nope. not. happening. My dh can represent, LOL!

Waving to everyone so I can get some crafting done!
Hugs!
Sounds like you can enjoy a quiet weekend at home.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:27 PM   #4792
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Barb, it sure sounds like you packed in a lot of fun yesterday... how did it all go?

Shelly, I'm glad your visit with your mom went okay. I know there are a lot of adjustments, most which are not easy. (((HUGS))) Thanks for your sweet comment. Brock did love being in "his" church.

Today it supposed to be another rainy day, so I guess I'll be working at the inside organizing/sorting/purging rather than the task in the garage - since I don't leave my Private Jet out in the rain unless I have to.

Oh, and yes, I was up WAY TOO EARLY this morning. I've been awake since 3:15... finally got out of bed a little past 4:00.

I woke up at 4:15, but was able to go back to sleep.

I noticed when I got home from work today that all my electronics were flashing. Guess the electricity went off for a little bit when we had the storm come through over the noon hour. Good thing I checked my alarm clock cause the wake up time had to be reset also.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:28 PM   #4793
Quacker Stamper

Quiet day at the office for me today. Boss was busy so that was good. I did some scanning and worked a little on my family history.

I almost forgot that I needed to go visit one of my church ladies tonight. Luckily she doesn't live that far from me and I wasn't too late. It was weird though because the phone rang and I went to look at the phone number. Had no name and I didn't recognize it, but for some reason it brought this lady's name to my mind and I realized I was supposed to be over visiting her. Guess it was a call from above.

Last edited by mschoener; 04-21-2016 at 07:32 PM..
Old 04-22-2016, 02:38 AM   #4794

Okay, maybe Friday came a little early here this morning.
Sheesh! I've been up since 4:00 AM.. yet again.

Maggie, I'm glad there was the call from above to remind you.... I hope you enjoyed the visit!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-22-2016, 06:40 AM   #4795
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Earth Day! I love today!! A great reminder of our beautiful Mother Earth and His gifting it to us ♥ My dd21 did her ladybug release with her pre-k class, beyond adorable! Except this one poor little boy who was screaming his head off in sheer terror - poor babe!! dd17 has a Global Youth Awareness event at the beach which is long with community service action and animal conservation, etc. And my good friend invited me over for a BBQ, promising to throw a veggie burger on the grill, but I'm going to pass I have 1000 things to do - especially with the boys away!

Maggie, that's great you got to catch up and visit! Now we just need Jeanette to catch up on her sleep and Barb to catch up with herself staying HOME! LOL! I think Barb and I must be related ........ we have this obsession for never staying home and always being on the go-go-go.

We had some sad news ....... talked to my SIL and brother yesterday where they haved moved to a permanent house in Texas - RIGHT IN THE FLOOD ZONE. Both of their cars are totaled from the flooding and they have severe house damage. One night the hail was so bad, it hailed baseball size chunks for over 15 minutes! Major damage to the roof as well - they just closed on the house 6 months ago. Ugh. I offered to fly them here but they both work and have two dogs (we'd take them, too!) but they said they'd be okay ........... is it me, or is this earth getting a little scarier every time you turn on the news.

Back to happy stuff ............ I have a weekend motto, While the boys are at camp, mama's going to stamp! LOL!

So I will see you all Monday ♥ Hugs!!
Old 04-22-2016, 07:13 AM   #4796
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Friday. Have a Great One!!!

Old 04-22-2016, 11:39 AM   #4797
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Happy Earth Day! I love today!! A great reminder of our beautiful Mother Earth and His gifting it to us ♥ My dd21 did her ladybug release with her pre-k class, beyond adorable! Except this one poor little boy who was screaming his head off in sheer terror - poor babe!! dd17 has a Global Youth Awareness event at the beach which is long with community service action and animal conservation, etc. And my good friend invited me over for a BBQ, promising to throw a veggie burger on the grill, but I'm going to pass I have 1000 things to do - especially with the boys away!

Maggie, that's great you got to catch up and visit! Now we just need Jeanette to catch up on her sleep and Barb to catch up with herself staying HOME! LOL! I think Barb and I must be related ........ we have this obsession for never staying home and always being on the go-go-go.

We had some sad news ....... talked to my SIL and brother yesterday where they haved moved to a permanent house in Texas - RIGHT IN THE FLOOD ZONE. Both of their cars are totaled from the flooding and they have severe house damage. One night the hail was so bad, it hailed baseball size chunks for over 15 minutes! Major damage to the roof as well - they just closed on the house 6 months ago. Ugh. I offered to fly them here but they both work and have two dogs (we'd take them, too!) but they said they'd be okay ........... is it me, or is this earth getting a little scarier every time you turn on the news.

Back to happy stuff ............ I have a weekend motto, While the boys are at camp, mama's going to stamp! LOL!

So I will see you all Monday ♥ Hugs!!
Kelly, so sad about your brother's home and the damage they sustained after only 6 months. It's really so sad everywhere around the state and the different issues that people are having. I hope at least that their insurance will cover all the restoration. Sending up prayers for them.

Enjoy your weekend sans men! Bet the girls drag you off to do something.

I have dinner plans at my DD's on Sunday. I begged off having them to my house which is still a wreck and I have no motivation to get it cleaned up. Still trying to find someone to do it for me.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:40 AM   #4798
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Okay, maybe Friday came a little early here this morning.
Sheesh! I've been up since 4:00 AM.. yet again.

Maggie, I'm glad there was the call from above to remind you.... I hope you enjoyed the visit!

I did and I wasn't too late, so I don't think she really noticed at all.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:12 AM   #4799

Kelly, I am so sorry to hear of your SIL and bro's house/car damage. That was some frightening hail! I have a friend in Texas who also was in the hail area... got the skylights in her home so she was up on the roof trying to get it covered up with a tarp, right after the hail stopped... hail littering the ground and some still on the roof. EEK!

Barb, whatcha up to?

Maggie, you're probably right about Kelly's girls.

Waving to everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-23-2016, 09:41 PM   #4800
Mad Swapper

Hi Shelly - CONGRATULATIONS on winning at Catch The Bug April Bingo challenge