Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-08-2016, 09:26 AM   #4721
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Oh Maggie, I'm sorry you didn't sleep well last night - hopefully tonight will be better. And YUCK! That was quite a mess with the CC.
I did manage to get a little more sleep last night. Woke up at 2 and didn't get back to sleep until 4 after going to bed at 9.

Yes, and it's still showing them pending. I'm going to call the bank credit card department later and see if we can get them dropped off.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-08-2016, 12:06 PM   #4722
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Dashing by with a TGIF hello!

Home for a bit today - even though it's a teacher's workday - my kids were here, there and everywhere. Dropped my son off at a sleepover birthday party - get this - at an exclusive yacht club home on the coastal waterway. Nice to see how the other half lives - ROFL! Super sweet people and it was the first time I've ever seen the inside of this exclusively (3 million dollar homes and UP) private community - I kept checking the GPS like where is this thing taking me? SWAT is going to show up any minute wondering why this crazy looking mom driving this beat up ol SUV is busting through the gated area - ROFL! I drooled. I did. I couldn't help it.

Anyway, this week was INSANE ........... up at dawn and home by nightfall. My house is trashed, my floors look like a Van Gogh painting from all the dog slobber and hair - yuck! I haven't cooked in a week yet my kitchen looks like a warzone! HELLO teens at home .... you use it, you wash it! *they forgot the memo*

It was Musical Theater week for the high school chorus kids, as they put on their last show of the year. We cooked, we schleped dinner back and forth, we fed 148 students who stayed after school to put in long hours to rehearse and practice, we sewed costumes until 2 am! The show was really good - some mic and audio problems but otherwise wonderful. My dd17 isn't into performing at all and is looking forward to sleep!

Maggie, glad you are healing up! And what a fiasco with the CC. We were just at the college this morning doing something similiar with my daughter - the college issued the same account to two students, complete with her information AND Pin! HELLO! We had to shut it all down and reorder checks and debit cards, etc ........ luckily the other student had not used the account either and both were intact, but still. After my identity theft case, I have zero patience or sympathy for mistakes like that!

Anyway, off to do laundry ...... or run to Target to buy all new socks and underwear ..... whichever comes first *grin*

x0x0
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 04-09-2016, 04:12 AM   #4723
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, now that the weekend is here, I hope you'll be able to relax/rest after your sleepless nights!

Kelly, reading your post makes me totally exhausted. I don't know how you do it!

Waving to everyone else and............

leaving a trail of (((HUGS))) and Merriment

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 04-09-2016, 05:45 AM   #4724
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Maggie, now that the weekend is here, I hope you'll be able to relax/rest after your sleepless nights!

Kelly, reading your post makes me totally exhausted. I don't know how you do it!

Waving to everyone else and............

leaving a trail of (((HUGS))) and Merriment
Good morning Jeanette! Unfortunately, I had another bad night. I hope this doesn't become a pattern. I actually left work yesterday early. I was so tired. Then I can't get much done in the evening.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:47 AM   #4725
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Dashing by with a TGIF hello!

Home for a bit today - even though it's a teacher's workday - my kids were here, there and everywhere. Dropped my son off at a sleepover birthday party - get this - at an exclusive yacht club home on the coastal waterway. Nice to see how the other half lives - ROFL! Super sweet people and it was the first time I've ever seen the inside of this exclusively (3 million dollar homes and UP) private community - I kept checking the GPS like where is this thing taking me? SWAT is going to show up any minute wondering why this crazy looking mom driving this beat up ol SUV is busting through the gated area - ROFL! I drooled. I did. I couldn't help it.

Anyway, this week was INSANE ........... up at dawn and home by nightfall. My house is trashed, my floors look like a Van Gogh painting from all the dog slobber and hair - yuck! I haven't cooked in a week yet my kitchen looks like a warzone! HELLO teens at home .... you use it, you wash it! *they forgot the memo*

It was Musical Theater week for the high school chorus kids, as they put on their last show of the year. We cooked, we schleped dinner back and forth, we fed 148 students who stayed after school to put in long hours to rehearse and practice, we sewed costumes until 2 am! The show was really good - some mic and audio problems but otherwise wonderful. My dd17 isn't into performing at all and is looking forward to sleep!

Maggie, glad you are healing up! And what a fiasco with the CC. We were just at the college this morning doing something similiar with my daughter - the college issued the same account to two students, complete with her information AND Pin! HELLO! We had to shut it all down and reorder checks and debit cards, etc ........ luckily the other student had not used the account either and both were intact, but still. After my identity theft case, I have zero patience or sympathy for mistakes like that!

Anyway, off to do laundry ...... or run to Target to buy all new socks and underwear ..... whichever comes first *grin*

x0x0
I swear Kelly, you are the busiest person I know. I don't know how you keep it up. I hope you don't suffer burn out at some point. Sounds like a lot of fun for the kids though.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:33 PM   #4726
Pearl-ExPert

Popping in while I'm trying to catch up on some commenting. Mercy! I feel like I've been gone for years!
After my last post, had to toss Jim back in the hospital. Not good at all this time. He's back home again and we're taking things on a day to day basis now. Go back to the doctor on Tuesday to see what they're going to attempt next I suppose.

I tried to go back and catch up with everyone but it sounds like all is rocking along pretty well here. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:06 PM   #4727
Mad Swapper

Oh Lynn - I hear you - just been there done that too - DH still not all that well and we have had to increase his inhaler/nebuliser meds... hugs, and remember to look after yourself too, as much as you can.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:25 PM   #4728
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Popping in while I'm trying to catch up on some commenting. Mercy! I feel like I've been gone for years!
After my last post, had to toss Jim back in the hospital. Not good at all this time. He's back home again and we're taking things on a day to day basis now. Go back to the doctor on Tuesday to see what they're going to attempt next I suppose.

I tried to go back and catch up with everyone but it sounds like all is rocking along pretty well here. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Oh, Lynn, so sorry to hear that Jim had to make another trip to the hospital. I know what that means for you. I hope that the doctor has some idea of treatment for him so he'll get at least better.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:25 PM   #4729
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Maxine and Lynn- hope both of your hubbies improve in the health dept., bet it is stressful for you both being caretakers.

We are having see-saw weather- one day it is 60's and sunny, the next day- snow! It is supposed to get up in the 60's again by the end of the week : )
We are going to a baseball game next Saturday, so look forward to that.

We had company for dinner last night and tonight. One of our dear friends was dx with Pancreatic cancer in November, and we wanted to catch up- so had them and another couple Sat., today Mom and brother and SIL and sister and BIL came for dinner. Mom stayed at sis' house for brother and SIL to go to a Bulls game. SIL parents have been Chicago Bulls season ticket holders for 50 years, so they were presented a week trip in Mexico : ) How cool is that!

I read up and read all of the posts I missed- I need to stop by More! I work tomorrow, then off 2 days, I will stop back before a week goes by!

Shelly
Old 04-11-2016, 04:51 AM   #4730

Lot's of oh-no's in this group....

Oh no! Lynn, I'm sorry to hear your DH is so sick. It is exhausting for both of you. (((HUGS)))

Oh no! Maxine, your DH is still struggling with health issues, too. I'll keep praying!

Oh no! Maggie, I'm sorry you can't sleep! UGH!!! I know the feeling too well, so I'll empathize with you!

Oh yes! Good to see you, Shelly... sounds like you've been busy but having fun!

Waving to everyone else!

I had a great day yesterday - and my DH made it safely to his destination, so that's good. Brock and I went to our "old church" for services last night. He was a happy man!

Today I have two meetings... and I'm a single parent. It might be an interesting day.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-11-2016, 05:03 PM   #4731
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Evening Ladies--we are home! We got home late this afternoon and had a fantastic long weekend! Our friend Penny was name the National Elementary Physical Education Teacher of the Year, so we are pretty proud of her accomplishment. Her mom, 2 sisters, SIL and three of us friends attended the banquet, along with her Principal. That was great that he was there too and a number of people commented that they did not remember a Principal being in attendance in the past--so that is Awesome!!!!

I was able to make a run into Anchor Paper on Saturday as we were stuck in traffic on the way up Friday due to a pretty bad accident. I also was able to make a stop at Dick Blick. On the way home, we stopped at a LSS in Eau Claire, WI and it was wonderful! It was one of the largest stores I have ever been in and full of paper and many, many lines of stamps and dies. It was good to see some friends we have not seen lately and roomie was able to connect with 7 people from two different companies she used to work at.

We did have some snow showers at various times during the weekend, including this morning on our way home. But, the sun is shining now and it is pretty nice outside! Maybe spring is around the corner!
Old 04-12-2016, 03:20 AM   #4732

Welcome home Barb... I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! Congrats to Penny, too!

I woke up very early today. Hmmmmmmmmmmm... I wonder what I should do with this "extra" time in my day???

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:27 AM   #4733
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends ~ Happy Tuesday!

Kiwime likes this post.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:28 AM   #4734

Hi Barb... love your graphic!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:32 PM   #4735
Mad Swapper

Hi girls - me again - I have just had some garden time and feeling good for the exercise!!
Although we have had quite a bit of rain, the garden is still growing as it is still mild for this time of year. - That means more weeds too

Back to the Dr this morning with DH - left lung still not clear - if he finishes this lot of antibiotics and no better it's back for an x ray etc etc. ... fun. We had to delay his eye appointment - again, and now it is for the day after my follow up - that means a lot of driving two days in a row...

Good to keep up with the chat here - sounds an awesome trip Barb!!

Blessings and hugs to you all from down under
Old 04-13-2016, 05:10 AM   #4736

Maxine, I'm so sorry DH is not improving. UGH! And all the doctoring, going, coming... it's exhausting for both of you. (((HUGS))) and prayers!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-13-2016, 06:23 AM   #4737
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy, Happy Hump Day!!!!!! I hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday!

I spent some time yesterday in the flower garden, taking out the hydrangea stems from last year. A guy was replacing the heater in the hot tub, so I wanted to be outside with him. It was a nice sunny day and I bagged up 4 contractor bags of garden waste!
Old 04-13-2016, 09:04 PM   #4738
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Hi all! I am finally getting caught up- I have a few more posts of ATC's that I made last month, but was finally able to stamp today- and made 3 cards- yippee! Felt so good!

I also had time to practice my piano lessons this week, so lessons today were not too bad either.....

I am working tomorrow, will head to Kankakee to stay with Brother and stay with Mom- SIL has a Dr appt Friday AM early : ) I think I will take Mom to church, then to the cemetery and see if Dad's headstone is out yet. We have a choral event- high class choral event at the High School- the neighbor is in Fri night and then going to a Cubs game on Saturday- Wahoo- looking forward to it Go Cubs Go..... : )

Barb- great productive day for you- sounds like you have tons of energy! I love hydrangeas and love sitting in a hot tub too..... : )

Maxine- will keep you and hubby in prayers! Sounds like you had a might productive day as well- I always seem to have something that stops me from gardening eg my neck...... Hope that does not happen again this year! Allergies as well... I really do want to look into the milkweed and Monarchs like Maggie- sounds really neat all of the butterflies this year : )

Maggie and Jeanette- not sure how you do it on little sleep- I am a baby- need my 8 hours. If I only get 6 hours today, I sleep an extra bit of time tomorrow to make up for it...... Must be the fibromyalgia......

Kelly, one day all of the running will stop, and you will not know what to do with your self!

Off to get some shut eye!

Shelly
mschoener likes this post.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:15 AM   #4739

Barb, I'm glad I wasn't at your house... I don't play in dirt, even if the repairman is there.

Shelly, I'm glad you had some time with ink/paper... I've been thinking of you. I am sure this weekend's visit will be bittersweet - seeing your mom and missing your dad. (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-14-2016, 04:20 AM   #4740
Quacker Stamper

Shelly, I was doing some commenting over at OSAAT and saw that you were chosen as one of the Top 3 for the last round. Congrats!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:09 AM   #4741
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! Today I am heading on a road trip with Sarah, my SU demo, to check out some antique furniture items for the house remodel she is planning. I am sure we will have a great time. Then, tomorrow is the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo in Milwaukee-I am taking a morning class and I am sure I will spend a bit of time (and $) in the hall................

Have a Terrific Thursday!
Old 04-14-2016, 03:43 PM   #4742

When I grow OLDER-than-Dirt, I want to be Barb.

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Old 04-15-2016, 04:26 AM   #4743

Leaving a trail of (((HUGS))) and Merriment

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-15-2016, 05:57 AM   #4744
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--yes, we did have fun yesterday and brought home some fun treasures. Sarah did take some pictures of some furniture to see if it will work. I am off to the stamp and scrapbook expo--more fun!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:22 AM   #4745
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Mornin'! Notice I missed the "good" part ...... missed my 'Bux, so I'm grumpy!!
Not. Good. At. ALL!

Jeanette, what lovely chicken legs!! Some great dance moves, too!

Barb, wishing you BIG FUN at the expo!! I can't wait to hear all about your spoils and bounty! Though I'm thinking, ladies, that she forgot to swing by and pick us up! Hmmmmfpt.

Max, I'm sorry about your hubby ......... and praying that the next round of antibiotics will be the healing needed. Sounds like a stubborn bug that's lasting and tough - I keep hearing that there are new bugs that are outsmarting some of our current medications. But good for you for getting some gardening done!

Dh is off to get my tire repaired on his way to work - my SUV arrived at the school drop off with a flat! a nail. It ended up being cumbersome but the AAA was super funny - we joked about all the stuff in my car when he tried to get the spare (and actually asked as he moved toys and books and lunchboxes and jackets and what not "Oh, do you have kids?" Hello! No, I just like driving around with all this stuff .... I'm into the 'lived in look!" Honestly. I told him as long as there isn't an avalanche when I open the back hatch, then it's a GOOD car day!

Shel, it's good to see you peek in, my friend and keeping up with cards and work - you are superwoman!

*waving to all as today is another on the GO kinda day!*
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 04-15-2016, 04:24 PM   #4746
Insane Embellisher

Lynn and Maxine - thinking of both of you and your husbands. I hope their health improves soon. Big hugs!
Old 04-15-2016, 04:26 PM   #4747
Insane Embellisher

Sorry I haven't been around...I have been in quite the funk lately. Still waiting for spring here. The last few days have gotten into the 50's but the mornings have been in the 30's and the evenings have been cold too.

I am ready for warm weather, steady sunshine and outdoor fun. I hope to catch up over the weekend. We don't have much going on besides a pizza lunch date tomorrow and I have an eye appt in the afternoon.

Sending hugs to all.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:03 PM   #4748
Pearl-ExPert

Checking in here. All's the same and I suppose that no news is good news! I think all of us should have been with Barb for the expo! Sounds like fun.
barbaralynn, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:09 PM   #4749
Quacker Stamper

Late night check in here too Lynn. Sorry I forgot to wish you a

yesterday. Hope you were able to enjoy your special day!
Old 04-15-2016, 07:10 PM   #4750
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Checking in here. All's the same and I suppose that no news is good news! I think all of us should have been with Barb for the expo! Sounds like fun.
I really hope to get to a show this year. Wish they still had ScrapFest going.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:15 PM   #4751
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Sorry I haven't been around...I have been in quite the funk lately. Still waiting for spring here. The last few days have gotten into the 50's but the mornings have been in the 30's and the evenings have been cold too.

I am ready for warm weather, steady sunshine and outdoor fun. I hope to catch up over the weekend. We don't have much going on besides a pizza lunch date tomorrow and I have an eye appt in the afternoon.

Sending hugs to all.
Sorry you're in a funk Kristie. I hope it warms up soon and you can bring out the smiles again! I can only imagine how everyone is dealing with the crazy weather up north. It's still mild down here though too. No coats, but it is sweater weather. Enjoy the pizza date.

A good friend is having a birthday party for her DH tomorrow evening so I'll be going to that. Her DH is actually our Bishop at church. We've known them for over 30 years and my girls and their children kind of grew up together. She's also a member of our book club and she works with me on the Family History class on Sundays, so we see a lot of each other.

I went and did my grocery shopping on the way home from work tonight so I have some free time tomorrow. I called the nursery today and put a hold on 8 more milkweed plants so I need to pick them up in the morning as well as some decorative flower pots. I have some plants on my patio that I want to repot into pretty pots and then place them out on the stones that my lawn guy put down between the patio and the fence. I think that will make it look nice over in that area.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:18 PM   #4752
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Mornin'! Notice I missed the "good" part ...... missed my 'Bux, so I'm grumpy!!
Not. Good. At. ALL!

Jeanette, what lovely chicken legs!! Some great dance moves, too!

Barb, wishing you BIG FUN at the expo!! I can't wait to hear all about your spoils and bounty! Though I'm thinking, ladies, that she forgot to swing by and pick us up! Hmmmmfpt.

Max, I'm sorry about your hubby ......... and praying that the next round of antibiotics will be the healing needed. Sounds like a stubborn bug that's lasting and tough - I keep hearing that there are new bugs that are outsmarting some of our current medications. But good for you for getting some gardening done!

Dh is off to get my tire repaired on his way to work - my SUV arrived at the school drop off with a flat! a nail. It ended up being cumbersome but the AAA was super funny - we joked about all the stuff in my car when he tried to get the spare (and actually asked as he moved toys and books and lunchboxes and jackets and what not "Oh, do you have kids?" Hello! No, I just like driving around with all this stuff .... I'm into the 'lived in look!" Honestly. I told him as long as there isn't an avalanche when I open the back hatch, then it's a GOOD car day!

Shel, it's good to see you peek in, my friend and keeping up with cards and work - you are superwoman!

*waving to all as today is another on the GO kinda day!*
Sorry about no "Bux" this morning. Too funny bout AAA and your car. I can only imagine what it is like with hauling around 3-4 kids and all their stuff.

Jeanette, is she saying that you have "chicken legs"?????? LOL! j/k.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:28 PM   #4753
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hi all! I am finally getting caught up- I have a few more posts of ATC's that I made last month, but was finally able to stamp today- and made 3 cards- yippee! Felt so good!

I also had time to practice my piano lessons this week, so lessons today were not too bad either.....

I am working tomorrow, will head to Kankakee to stay with Brother and stay with Mom- SIL has a Dr appt Friday AM early : ) I think I will take Mom to church, then to the cemetery and see if Dad's headstone is out yet. We have a choral event- high class choral event at the High School- the neighbor is in Fri night and then going to a Cubs game on Saturday- Wahoo- looking forward to it Go Cubs Go..... : )

Barb- great productive day for you- sounds like you have tons of energy! I love hydrangeas and love sitting in a hot tub too..... : )

Maxine- will keep you and hubby in prayers! Sounds like you had a might productive day as well- I always seem to have something that stops me from gardening eg my neck...... Hope that does not happen again this year! Allergies as well... I really do want to look into the milkweed and Monarchs like Maggie- sounds really neat all of the butterflies this year : )

Maggie and Jeanette- not sure how you do it on little sleep- I am a baby- need my 8 hours. If I only get 6 hours today, I sleep an extra bit of time tomorrow to make up for it...... Must be the fibromyalgia......

Kelly, one day all of the running will stop, and you will not know what to do with your self!

Off to get some shut eye!

Shelly
Hope you have a safe journey over to see your mom this weekend. Sounds like some fun times planned

I usually make up my sleep on the weekends. I do try to get at least 7 hours, but usually it's 7 to 7 1/2. Occasionally I get less, but I try not to do that too often. Did I tell you that I figured out why I was having such a bad time sleeping? I had forgotten to take my Potassium. I had run out of it, and got some more, but forgot to put it with my other supplements, so I forgot to take it. Things have been much better since I started taking it again.

I was able to release 2 more yesterday and 3 today. Sadly, I've lost 3 also. Don't know why, but sometimes their wings don't form correctly and open the way they should so they can't fly.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:37 PM   #4754

Oh shucks! I missed Lynn's Birthday party. Hope you had a great day, Lynn!

Kelly, you and the AAA guy sure made me laugh! And yes, I do have some chicken leg moves, don't I?

Maggie, so glad you figured out why you weren't sleeping... and fixed the problem! YAY!

Kristie, it's good to see you. Hopefully spring will arrive and you've get out of your funk!

Barb, I hope you don't feel so guilty in forgetting to pick us up that you couldn't enjoy your day. Sheesh!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-16-2016, 04:23 AM   #4755

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-16-2016, 11:53 AM   #4756
Quacker Stamper

Just a quick check in. It's been a busy day here. Started out going to pick up 8 gallon containers of Milkweed. Everything I have has been chewed down so they really needed some new ones. Some of my old ones have some good leaves starting to sprout out so they should be good to go soon and I won't have to keep going and buying new ones I hope. I also bought 5 decorative flower pots to put in my rock garden. That's the space between my patio and fence. I repotted 5 plants into the new pots and put them out in the rocks. They look good there. I have a big plant at my office that I need to bring home and put it in a pot and also put it out in the rock garden. That will dress up that area of the yard.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:01 PM   #4757
Quacker Stamper

I've been keeping an eye on my butterflies. The 2 that wouldn't fly away yesterday still wouldn't go this morning. I took them out of the hutch and put them over on one of the new plants that I bought. Figured they could feed on the flowers if they were hungry. I looked up on the Internet on how to take care of Monarchs that couldn't fly. Very interesting. I do have a butterfly cage that I could use and I was getting it all ready to put them in. Found that I had 2 more in the hutch that wouldn't fly either, one was on the floor. I went and put it in the cage. It was flapping its wings all over the place. When I went to get one of the ones I had put on the new plant, it flew off!!! I was so excited that it was able to fly. Then I went to get the other one, and it hopped on my hand and then it flew away too! Finally all 4 of them flew off. I think they just needed to warm up their wings a bit longer. I've just been seeing a couple butterflies flying around the back yard, so hopefully that will mean that I'll have eggs and baby catterpillars in a few days.

Cleaned out the cat dog houses and have their blankets in the wash until next Winter.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:59 AM   #4758
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the birthday wishes Maggie and Jeanette. It's always good to have another one. LOL!
Old 04-17-2016, 12:41 PM   #4759
Mad Swapper

Oops, sorry I missed your birthday Lynn. Hope you had a good one.
Life has hit me with several days in one recently, it feels. But I did get some crafting time yesterday.
Saturday we traveled to our DIL's graduation. Over an hour's travel time, over two and a half hour ceremony, tea and tiny cakes and home again. Stopped at MC D's for a meal as we got into town and were sorely disappointed. Prices up and quality down since last we were there. We were glad to get home .

Kristie sorry to hear you have been in a funk - hopefully spring will help.

Maggie I was surprised at the potassium helping you sleep. DH needs it for his heart function, as some of his other meds deplete his levels. I use magnesium for sleeping!
Your monarchs sound amazing. Well done on nurturing them as you do.

Jeanette I loved your comments about cleaning when DH is away

Shelly hope your travels this weekend are safe and you can enjoy your time with your Mum.

Kelly I hope you don't miss your SB today - can't have you grumpy!!! That must have been so traumatic .
Hugs to you all from down under.
Old 04-17-2016, 05:39 PM   #4760
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Evening Everyone..................... looks like I have been away from SCS for a few days. The stamp show was nice--I got a couple of stamp/die sets and my class on layering backgrounds was good.

It as a great weekend here--temps in the 70's. so we worked in the gardens quite a bit and I cut the grass for the first time this year. And, burgers on the grill tonight too!