In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2016, 02:47 PM   #4681
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Maggie--I hope your arm is getting better. Which arm is it?
It's my left arm and still pretty painful if I try to put any pressure on my hand, like trying to open (pull) a door or cabinet. I had a hard time using a pair of nail clippers on my right hand. Using my big cutter is hard when I have to use my left hand to steady it while I cut with my right hand. Things like that. I still can't stretch it out straight.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:48 PM   #4682
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Yesterday all I did was dream about my stamps.... DH and I had our flu jabs scheduled for late afternoon. I got mine, but the nurses at the drs surgery were so concerned about DH that they made him see a GP, who was also worried. Nearly sent him to the hospital, but let him home after another multiple dose 'go' on the nebuliser... Thankfully it is looking as though he may be on the mend this morning - finally. Men! 'Cos he had been so well for so long he didn't get onto his meds soon enough and so he really crashed and they took so much longer to kick in.
Ah well a quieter day today I hope and maybe some studio therapy
Thank goodness for the meds and hope he gets well soon.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:49 PM   #4683
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
So much for a quieter day - it's off to the dentist for me this afternoon thanks to a toothache!!
Sorry, I hope it's not serious.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:37 PM   #4684
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

It shouldn't be too bad Maggie - it's niggled a couple of times before this so thought I had better get it seen to - I put such visits off, which really isn't wise
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:31 PM   #4685
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Well the tooth is already filled with a root canal, so I am on antibiotics, and if it does not settle, then it well be out . I have another appointment next week for the other work that needs doing.... Ah well, it had to come..... still no play time in the studio, but I did get some gardening done, almost as good.
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:39 AM   #4686
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,903
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!




Maggie, thank you for explaining. Tee hee! You've changed my injury, too (from my motorcycle accident)... my bone didn't separate, so I guess I had a fracture, not a break. Back then my doctor called it a break... so I never knew the difference.

Maxine, that's rough about the tooth. Sure hope it "settles".... love your positive attitude, though I must say playing in the dirt would NEVER be as fun for me as getting inky. (I don't do dirt!)

I am leaving town VERY early tomorrow morning and won't get home again until very late Monday night... so unless I pop on here later today (which is doubtful since I have so much to do today), I'll see you again on Tuesday morning. Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:58 AM   #4687
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Ouch--take care of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
It's my left arm and still pretty painful if I try to put any pressure on my hand, like trying to open (pull) a door or cabinet. I had a hard time using a pair of nail clippers on my right hand. Using my big cutter is hard when I have to use my left hand to steady it while I cut with my right hand. Things like that. I still can't stretch it out straight.
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:00 AM   #4688
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Good Morning--Happy Thursday. I had a couple of errands yesterday and spent some time trying to get an issue worked out with my phone and computer. About three weeks ago, they stopped talking to each other............................ no syncing between my calendar and contacts. So--I spent over an hour at the Apple store and they could not figure it out as I use Outlook, a non-Apple product. They sent me to a Microsoft kiosk at the mall, waiting more than an hour for a person to be available (spent my time in the new Nordstrom's...... ) and then close to another hour for them to tell me they too could not figure it out. So, this morning, I did an online chat with Office and they too could not help. So--then a phone call to Office 365 folks and I guess I do not have administrative rights to the account that is set up from roomie's work. So--email to them to see what is next. A bit frustrating as everything worked fine 3 weeks ago! I am thinking a trip to the Geek Squad as they were able to help with a similar issues last fall.

Anyway--that aside, it was a beautiful day yesterday and not so much today--colder and rainy. So--that means heading to the stamp room to play!

Have a Terrific Thursday!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:51 PM   #4689
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

Good golly Jeanette!!!! It really is a wonder you weren't killed in that accident. How awful!

Maggie, glad the arm is going to be ok. Know it'll take some getting used to for a while but sounds like you should be fine. Could have been so much worse I know.

Maxine, I'm so sorry your husband is having problems/congestion, etc. Not fun for him OR you I know. Will be thinking about you.

Kelly, glad you had a GREAT birthday!!!!!! So, I see you're going to hit the big 2-zero next year???

We're still rocking along. I've been so busy this week and haven't posted, commented or anything. Just not enough time to do that and everything else right now. Maxine I know what you're talking about long nights. I'm up with Jim every single night at least two or three times. Nose bleeds out the kazoo, leg cramps, back aches, congested. Never ending.......I almost feel like I have a baby in the house again and have to get up all night. Ever so often I'll sleep all the way through the night and he's basically on his own. Haven't trained Rambo yet to help out in any way when it comes to that. He just lays up in bed on his back, with all four legs straight up in the air, and is probably thinking he'd just wish someone would turn off the lights and stop all the racket. LOL!

Hope everyone else is doing good.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:15 AM   #4690
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Hi girls - 'fraid I won't be around much this weekend either - DH took a turn for the worse and is in the local hospital. He just did not respond to the oral antibiotics as he should have and the congestion in his lungs was really bad - he was really struggling so this morning I took him up to ED and he was admitted - no sign of pneumonia thankfully, but on IV antibiotics now and oxygen, so stable but very fragile still.

Hugs all round - Lynn you really do need to get Rambo trained and earning his keep
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:35 AM   #4691
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Hugs and Prayers to both Lynn and Maxine and their families ............
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:00 AM   #4693
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

Thinking about you Maxine and hope they can get all that cleared up quick. I know how stressful it is so hugs to you.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:48 AM   #4694
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Computer update--I fixed it myself!!!! I did some checking online and found a post about checking to make sure the ICloud add-on is enabled and mine was disabled. A few clocks and it now works!!!! Am I smarter than the people in the Apple store and Microsoft kiosk and Office online help--maybe this time................................
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:30 PM   #4695
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi girls - 'fraid I won't be around much this weekend either - DH took a turn for the worse and is in the local hospital. He just did not respond to the oral antibiotics as he should have and the congestion in his lungs was really bad - he was really struggling so this morning I took him up to ED and he was admitted - no sign of pneumonia thankfully, but on IV antibiotics now and oxygen, so stable but very fragile still.

Hugs all round - Lynn you really do need to get Rambo trained and earning his keep
Sorry that DH had to go to the hospital Maxine. I hope that they are able to get him fixed quickly. Sending up prayers for you guys.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:35 PM   #4696
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Good golly Jeanette!!!! It really is a wonder you weren't killed in that accident. How awful!

Maggie, glad the arm is going to be ok. Know it'll take some getting used to for a while but sounds like you should be fine. Could have been so much worse I know.

Maxine, I'm so sorry your husband is having problems/congestion, etc. Not fun for him OR you I know. Will be thinking about you.

Kelly, glad you had a GREAT birthday!!!!!! So, I see you're going to hit the big 2-zero next year???

We're still rocking along. I've been so busy this week and haven't posted, commented or anything. Just not enough time to do that and everything else right now. Maxine I know what you're talking about long nights. I'm up with Jim every single night at least two or three times. Nose bleeds out the kazoo, leg cramps, back aches, congested. Never ending.......I almost feel like I have a baby in the house again and have to get up all night. Ever so often I'll sleep all the way through the night and he's basically on his own. Haven't trained Rambo yet to help out in any way when it comes to that. He just lays up in bed on his back, with all four legs straight up in the air, and is probably thinking he'd just wish someone would turn off the lights and stop all the racket. LOL!

Hope everyone else is doing good.
Thanks Lynn. I'm learning each day what I can and can't do. Look forward to what the orthopedist has to say on the 11th when I go back. I need to have him check out my right knee too. It's been giving me some problems and no one ever did look at it.

Sorry that Jim is still having health issues. Does he eat bananas or take Potassium tablets. I do both and I don't get leg cramps anymore. You gotta get with Rambo there and get him to help out. At least he could go fetch.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:37 PM   #4697
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

I'm so excited. Finally have my sprinklers installed and working! There are 4 different sections for grass and flower beds. The front yard is the most. He has them set to start at 1 am on Monday. Wednesday, and Saturday for now. Tomorrow he'll be back to do the planting, clean off my roof and the patio cover. Next week he's going to put some sod down around the outside of the flower beds where it's all muddy. On the other side between the patio and fence, we're thinking of putting down some gravel. It's so dark over there that he doesn't think that grass will grow there. I'm thinking that maybe I'll put a few potted plants over there on the gravel if the kitties don't knock them over.

__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:53 PM   #4698
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Thank you Kelly for the sweet card. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:54 PM   #4699
Proud Fan Club Member
 
mcschmidty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 5,108
Default Hi

Hello to all! I have the weekend off- happy to say : ) I have alot to do, so cannot stay up too much later tonight. I am going to try to make 8AM mass tomorrow......

Maxine- prayers and hugs to you- hoping for speedy healing for your hubby, and hoping that your tooth responds to the antibiotic quickly.

Maggie- yikes- sorry about your arm! Good o hear it is not too painful. Did the doc give you a time frame for how long it will take to heal?

Barb- you are a genius! I would never have figured that out..... Sounds like you are busy, and having fun.

Lynn- I would be so tired if I was up at night. Bless you my dear! Glad you got the tree taken care of- and so glad you got some help with it. Sounds like you had an action packed Easter weekend.

Kristie- sounds like you are working hard on getting more exercise- I need to get on that program!

Kelly-Hope you had a fab Birthday!!! Really, last year in the 40 somethings? It is back to the grind- glad you had a fun week despite the Chicago like weather..... It is going to get chilly here again this next week- boo!

Jeanette- you are so lucky you did not get hurt worse- sounds like an awful ordeal though! So good you recovered and have such a positive attitude : ) My son really wanted a motorcycle, and at a time where he was not mature enough.

We were able to have dinner with friends tonight. We have not been keeping up with friends too well with all of the driving to Ky we have been doing. I am fortunate that now Mom in closer, so I can go for a day, and not have to spend a weekend away! I spent the day with her Wednesday, and I cherish the time we get to spend together.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Shelly
__________________
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
Visit My Instagram HERE DT for  Jan's Digital Stamps
mcschmidty is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:56 AM   #4700
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Good Morning--Happy Saturday! April Fool's Day is on the 2nd this year as we woke up to snow here and it is still snowing! We are to get an inch or so and everything is covered in white! Our daffodils are about ready to pop and I am sure they are now staying in! We planted 10 trays of seeds last week and they are in the basement, under lights. Pretty much everything is up a few inches and we will transfer them to the greenhouse in the next week or so. We are going to be gone next Friday-Monday, so I am thinking those little guys will stay in the basement until after we come back.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:37 PM   #4701
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Hi Girls - life is returning to something vaguely normal - DH is home from hospital, but has been referred to the 'Specialist Respiratory Nurse' for assessment for oxygen at home and all that goes with that!! Fun. The infection has abated with IV's, but his overall condition is such that the oxygen now looks to be an essential, as he is now running on levels that are too low - I have been thinking this for a while, but now he is admitting it too, and the professionals agree.

I did get one card finished yesterday that I started last week, and another one planned that I was asked to make ready for this coming Saturday.... . Back to the dentist tomorrow so probably no chance to do anything until later in the week.

Lynn I hope Rambo is starting to be useful and fetching and carrying for you

Maggie good to hear you are coping well - what exorbitant costs for home help!!!

Jeanette I hope you have a restful weekend - yeah right I hear you say

Shelly it was good to hear you have a weekend off - enjoy it So glad to hear also that you can do a day trip to see your mother - a lot less pressure for you.

Barb I am in awe of your computer skills - well done!!!

Kelly sorry I did not say Happy Birthday on the day, so belated wishes from me now - glad to hear you enjoyed it!!

Kristie - you really sound as though you will be fit in no time

Hugs to you all - don't know if I will manage to catch up an all the commenting - I will see how I go, but will certainly will keep up from now on.
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:13 AM   #4702
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default



Good Morning--yes, it is Monday and not a nice one at that. Temps only in the 30's today and a chance of more snow this week. We had a couple of inches of snow Saturday morning too--but yesterday it was in the high 60's! This sure is spring.......................

I am off to stamp class this morning! Have a great start to the new week!!!!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:29 PM   #4703
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default

HI all! Dashing by to say hi ......

Maxine, thank you! The birthday celebration continued, surprisingly - dh whisked me off to a romantic get away in the Keys this weekend, just the two of us! Even the kids were in on the surprise and no one spilled the beans It was so wonderful although I ate WAY too much and totally blew my diet - lol.

I'm glad your dh is improving and getting the specialist help!

Last week about broke my back with how insanely crazy busy it was -- running back and forth and this week is shaping up to be the same! (when are they not, Lol) I'm convinced at this point the only way I will be making any cards or doing any blogging is to forgo sleep! Or learn to do it IN my sleep...........

So I'll wave and send love!
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:23 AM   #4704
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,903
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!




Oh no! Sorry to hear of your DH's health scare, Maxine. Praying he's improving quickly!

Lynn, sheesh! You'd think Rambo would be more helpful! I'm sorry that you are the sole care to Jim - though I'm sure you willingling/lovingly do it and he appreciates you... still it has to be exhausting. Please take care of yourself, too!

Maggie, yay for new sprinklers!

Kelly, I wish your life weren't so hectic. You must be tired, tired, tired!

Barb, congrats on fixing your computer yourself!!!

Shelly, I'd own a motorcycle today... but DH is not the biking type.

I had a great trip - the last workshop went very well and was well-attended in spite of horrible weather - blowing snow; poor visibility. Then I spent a couple of days at DS's home... such fun! I got to eat at Chipotle twice on my trip! And had Starbucks 3 of the 4 days! Life is sooooooooooo good!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:21 AM   #4705
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Good Morning! It was 21 degrees when I left the house to vote this morning and it warmed up to 30 right now! At least the sun is shining...............
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:45 AM   #4706
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,903
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!




Barb, it's good you had sunshine, but warmer temperatures would have been nice, too!

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering... yes, I have been awake since 3:00 AM.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:25 AM   #4707
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default



Yes, it is spring by the calendar and we are to get rain today, but that is about it for a Spring reference!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday--Happy Hump Day!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:58 AM   #4708
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!




Barb, it's good you had sunshine, but warmer temperatures would have been nice, too!

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering... yes, I have been awake since 3:00 AM.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
I don't know how you do it Jeanette. I hope you get to have a nap. that is one thing about being sick. I can nap and still go to sleep at night.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:00 AM   #4709
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
HI all! Dashing by to say hi ......

Maxine, thank you! The birthday celebration continued, surprisingly - dh whisked me off to a romantic get away in the Keys this weekend, just the two of us! Even the kids were in on the surprise and no one spilled the beans It was so wonderful although I ate WAY too much and totally blew my diet - lol.

I'm glad your dh is improving and getting the specialist help!

Last week about broke my back with how insanely crazy busy it was -- running back and forth and this week is shaping up to be the same! (when are they not, Lol) I'm convinced at this point the only way I will be making any cards or doing any blogging is to forgo sleep! Or learn to do it IN my sleep...........

So I'll wave and send love!
That was so sweet of DH to take you off for a relaxing weekend. I'm sure you need it after your hectic weeks of running hither and thither!
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:02 AM   #4710
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi Girls - life is returning to something vaguely normal - DH is home from hospital, but has been referred to the 'Specialist Respiratory Nurse' for assessment for oxygen at home and all that goes with that!! Fun. The infection has abated with IV's, but his overall condition is such that the oxygen now looks to be an essential, as he is now running on levels that are too low - I have been thinking this for a while, but now he is admitting it too, and the professionals agree.

I did get one card finished yesterday that I started last week, and another one planned that I was asked to make ready for this coming Saturday.... . Back to the dentist tomorrow so probably no chance to do anything until later in the week.

Lynn I hope Rambo is starting to be useful and fetching and carrying for you

Maggie good to hear you are coping well - what exorbitant costs for home help!!!

Jeanette I hope you have a restful weekend - yeah right I hear you say

Shelly it was good to hear you have a weekend off - enjoy it So glad to hear also that you can do a day trip to see your mother - a lot less pressure for you.

Barb I am in awe of your computer skills - well done!!!

Kelly sorry I did not say Happy Birthday on the day, so belated wishes from me now - glad to hear you enjoyed it!!

Kristie - you really sound as though you will be fit in no time

Hugs to you all - don't know if I will manage to catch up an all the commenting - I will see how I go, but will certainly will keep up from now on.
So sorry about your DH Maxine that he'll have to be on oxygen now.

How'd things to at the dentist? It's great that you are still able to get some crafting time in with all your other responsibilities.


I got the name and phone number from a lady that used to go to my church, but moved, to come clean. I'm going to try to get in touch with her tonight and see if she can come on Saturday. I'm going to DD's house on Sunday for dinner. We haven't had our family dinners for about 2 months now since they have been dealing with my SIL's parents' health issues and getting them moved into an assisted living facility and selling their house. I told her that I couldn't have it at my house yet because it's a mess and not sure I can do all the cooking etc. I hope to be able to have them over at the end of the month.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:05 AM   #4711
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello to all! I have the weekend off- happy to say : ) I have alot to do, so cannot stay up too much later tonight. I am going to try to make 8AM mass tomorrow......

Maxine- prayers and hugs to you- hoping for speedy healing for your hubby, and hoping that your tooth responds to the antibiotic quickly.

Maggie- yikes- sorry about your arm! Good o hear it is not too painful. Did the doc give you a time frame for how long it will take to heal?

Barb- you are a genius! I would never have figured that out..... Sounds like you are busy, and having fun.

Lynn- I would be so tired if I was up at night. Bless you my dear! Glad you got the tree taken care of- and so glad you got some help with it. Sounds like you had an action packed Easter weekend.

Kristie- sounds like you are working hard on getting more exercise- I need to get on that program!

Kelly-Hope you had a fab Birthday!!! Really, last year in the 40 somethings? It is back to the grind- glad you had a fun week despite the Chicago like weather..... It is going to get chilly here again this next week- boo!

Jeanette- you are so lucky you did not get hurt worse- sounds like an awful ordeal though! So good you recovered and have such a positive attitude : ) My son really wanted a motorcycle, and at a time where he was not mature enough.

We were able to have dinner with friends tonight. We have not been keeping up with friends too well with all of the driving to Ky we have been doing. I am fortunate that now Mom in closer, so I can go for a day, and not have to spend a weekend away! I spent the day with her Wednesday, and I cherish the time we get to spend together.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Shelly
Hope you enjoyed your weekend off and nice that your mom is now closer to where you live so you can visit with her more often.

I go back to the orthopedist on Monday to have the arm re-xrayed, so I guess I'll find out then how it is coming along and what is next.


It's been busy being back to work and stuff to do in the evening. Last night my niece and nephew-in-law met me at Best Buy so I could buy a new microwave. My "old" (1 year + 1 month) went out on me on Saturday, so I had to go get a new one. Since I have a bum arm, I knew I couldn't do it myself. It's so huge, I don't think I could have done it myself even with both good arms. I'm glad they went though because my NIL had to check out reviews online before we made a purchase. I went with a Panasonic. It's the largest size too, which I wasn't going to get, but it had the best reviews and the price was the same as the next one down.

They just stayed for a short time after to go out and look at the back yard which they love and they want to call my guy to come clean up their yard also. While they were there, we released 3 more Monarchs after I released 2 the night before and there are a few that look like they are ready to hatch out too. Besides the 30+ in my hatch, we found about 5 Chrysalis's outside that hatch in various places. My niece also found a few more caterpillars in the Milkweed garden which she put in the hutch for me. I probably have about 10-12 more caterpillars growing. It's so much fun to see them come out, flap their wings and fly off.

__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 04:16 AM   #4712
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,903
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!




Woo Hoo! I slept until 4:35 this morning!

Maggie, wow! Your life has been busy! Thanks for your sweet words - yesterday was okay, I got a bit sleepy... but kept busy. I try not to take naps (only allow myself the luxury if my tiredness causes me to either be dizzy or nauseous, which happens sometimes).... because if I nap it only causes sleeping problems again that night. Fortunately I don't require a lot of sleep, since I rarely get more than 5-6 hours.

It was too cold to work in the garage yesterday, so I worked at sorting/purging/organizing in my Working Studio. I have a huge pile of things to sell at the yard sale I'll be having early this summer. (I'm having it to get some spending money for DD and my Bible Journaling Cruise.)

Today I have errands to run, correspondence to tend to, and a meeting.... but hopefully I'll have some time to continue working on my Working Studio Makeover, too.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:32 AM   #4713
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Good Morning Ladies! It is lightly snowing out this morning-yes, SNOW!!!!! That is for sure a four-letter word around here.............

I plan to spend some time in the stamp room today and then I am heading to hostess club tonight as I will not be around tomorrow afternoon. We are leaving for MN early tomorrow morning and will not be back until Monday afternoon. A good friend is up for National PE teacher of the year and the banquet is tomorrow night--she is one of the 7 regional winners and we are so excited for her! It is going to be a very busy 4 days as we are visiting many of roomie's friends and former co-workers as she lived in that area for many years. I think I am just along for the ride, though I am promised a stop at Anchor Paper--a great store with awesome stamping supplies!

See you all on Monday--have a Fantastic Weekend!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:53 AM   #4714
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,903
Default

Have a great time on your trip, Barb... and enjoy the shopping. Wish I were going to Anchor Paper... I've never been, but have heard wonderful things about them.
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:33 PM   #4715
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!




Woo Hoo! I slept until 4:35 this morning!

Maggie, wow! Your life has been busy! Thanks for your sweet words - yesterday was okay, I got a bit sleepy... but kept busy. I try not to take naps (only allow myself the luxury if my tiredness causes me to either be dizzy or nauseous, which happens sometimes).... because if I nap it only causes sleeping problems again that night. Fortunately I don't require a lot of sleep, since I rarely get more than 5-6 hours.

It was too cold to work in the garage yesterday, so I worked at sorting/purging/organizing in my Working Studio. I have a huge pile of things to sell at the yard sale I'll be having early this summer. (I'm having it to get some spending money for DD and my Bible Journaling Cruise.)

Today I have errands to run, correspondence to tend to, and a meeting.... but hopefully I'll have some time to continue working on my Working Studio Makeover, too.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
Lucky you Jeanette! Last night was my bad night again! I tossed and turned and coughed and coughed until 2 AM! I tried reading, but even that didn't work. I finally got up and went and had some yogurt and then went back to bed. I was hoping that the calcium in it would help. I guess it did because I was able to get right to sleep until 5:30, so 3 1/2 hours for me last night. I feel like one of The Walking Dead! I can't nap either during the day unless I'm sick.

I'm still trying to get my organizing done. I've also been practicing some with my Copics on different techniques. There's so much that I need 2 arms to do.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:34 PM   #4716
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies! It is lightly snowing out this morning-yes, SNOW!!!!! That is for sure a four-letter word around here.............

I plan to spend some time in the stamp room today and then I am heading to hostess club tonight as I will not be around tomorrow afternoon. We are leaving for MN early tomorrow morning and will not be back until Monday afternoon. A good friend is up for National PE teacher of the year and the banquet is tomorrow night--she is one of the 7 regional winners and we are so excited for her! It is going to be a very busy 4 days as we are visiting many of roomie's friends and former co-workers as she lived in that area for many years. I think I am just along for the ride, though I am promised a stop at Anchor Paper--a great store with awesome stamping supplies!

See you all on Monday--have a Fantastic Weekend!
Enjoy all your stamping time today. Have fun at your hostess club. Congrats to your roomie's GF. Hope you have a good trip and visit with everyone.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:35 PM   #4717
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Finally able to get my car washed yesterday. It's beenn since I was gone at Christmas and had them do it at the Car Park. It's a service that comes to our office building and they take your car to their washing place. The wash people did a great job. Can't say so much about the administrative end of the company. They ended up almost having my CC cancelled. The lady that was handling that got my expiration date wrong and ended up trying to enter my card FOUR times, all of which were DECLINED. I went down to the bank and the girl there said everything looked okay, but I had a call from the bank's fraud department when I got home last night. I had to tell them that the charges were okay so that they didn't cancel my card. Now I have to wait to see if they actually clear my account so I can have the car wash company reimburse me for the extra charges.

I ended up releasiing 4 more butterflies last night. I took a video of 2 of them flying away and posted it on FB if you want to see.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:14 PM   #4718
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,903
Default

Oh Maggie, I'm sorry you didn't sleep well last night - hopefully tonight will be better. And YUCK! That was quite a mess with the CC.
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:03 PM   #4719
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Maggie another natural remedy for sleeplessness is Magnesium taken dinner time or earlier - works a treat. Trouble is my tummy does not like it all that much so I have to be careful.

DH is gradually improving, but very slowly this time. We have a grandson's birthday party tomorrow, so I now have to go and wrap a helmet for him, to go with his new bike!

Hope you have had some good crafting time Barb, and that your weekend goes well.

Jeanette you will have to show us some photos when you have your new working area up and running

Shelly I hope you have a good weekend - do you have time off during it this week?

Kelly how has your week gone - other than frantically taxiing young people hither and yon?

Anybody heard from Darlene?? Hope life is returning to some semblance of normality for her now.

Lynn - glad to hear you had some help with the yard work - my DS is a bit on the useless side, but my SIL is wonderful, and does it so graciously too. Hope the change of season does not affect Jim too much with his congestion issues.

Kristie, Kel - trust life is treating you both well

Waving from a rather autumnal down under
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:35 AM   #4720
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,903
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!




One does wonder how one wraps a helmet. ??? Interesting shape, for sure!

Maxine, I have a organization project on My Peek at My Week on my blog today - well, it will be, since my post doesn't go live until 6:00 AM and it's only 5:30 right now.

I also a My Working Studio page at the top of my blog where I'm going to be putting pictures from time to time... showing the area where I play/create.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off