In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2016, 12:54 PM   #4641
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Thank you Jeanette - sleep tight
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:03 PM   #4642
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

Hey everyone - it's me once again!

Maggie, I just saw about your accident this morning. I figured you were out dancing or sky diving or something! LOL! Hope you're not in too much pain with all that. I know they probably have you on some of those wonderful "kick-a-poo no pain" meds. Hope you heal fast. Not fun I'm sure but hopefully you can see a specialist soon and good good advise and then some rest.

All is well around here. Rocking along with the flow of things. One of Jim's sons will be here tomorrow with his family. I'm hoping he'll help me get a couple of huge tree limbs cut up that we lost in a storm a couple of weeks ago. I do NOT use a chain saw but have an electric one I can use. It's just so heavy and I keep putting it all off, so hoping I can get him to help some. (he's borderline worthless though so we shall see! LOL) It looks like Easter Sunday will just be the two of us.

Nothing new and exciting around here. I haven't been able to get much done in the way of card making and really want to. Never enough time most days. Oh, the last one I did I used a piece of the Xpress Blending paper for Copics that a friend had sent me. Oh My Goodness!!! That stuff is NICE. It's wonderful to use with Copics and seems to blend so much better. Have any of y'all ever used it before?
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:58 PM   #4643
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,920
Default

Ok, Maxine, I'll try!

Lynn, so good to see you. hmmmmmmmmmmm.... more worthless company heading your way? That's just not right!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:26 AM   #4644
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,920
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Since I don't normally get on SCS on Sundays I thought I'd go ahead and wish you a...


Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:49 AM   #4645
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default



HOPPING by with Easter blessings to some of my favorite PEEPS!! you!!

It's been an incredibly fun Spring Break/Birthday week celebration but it's nearly over - kids return back to school Monday and that's going to be some foot dragging! We have had a lot of fun and great weather, minus one tiny rain shower, and today we are heading to the Keys! We'll hit the beach and the canoe/kayaking trails - and I'd be in a canoe every day if I could figure out how to get the kids to school in it - tee hee!

Maggie, speedy recovery to you, my friend! I saw your photo but wasn't sure what you'd done or how you were injured but love that big 'ol smile you have on your face! I'm guessing that's a good sign (or a sign of some good drugs?! LOL!)

Lynn, I don't know if I've used epxress or not - lol. I was in several image exchange groups and it's possible I've had something stamped on it and just don't recall, but I don't color with Copics - I think I own one, lol. I'm glad you like it and hope your company shapes up enough to help you around the house/yard with what you need.

Barb, thank you for the beautiful birthday card!! You are so very talented - thank you!

Wishing everyone a great day and a beautiful Easter tomorrow! ♥
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:02 AM   #4646
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default



I too am stopping by today to wish everyone a Happy Easter today! The Badger lost last night.................. it was a bad game, at least the last 20 seconds that really cost them! Roomie's family will be here tonight for supper and tomorrow we are heading to her sister's place for their Easter Sunday brunch after the two church services they sing in the choir.

Have a Special Weekend!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:46 PM   #4647
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oh my goodness Maggie, did you not know that skating at our age is dangerous? - that was my downfall too. (Pardon the pun). Prayers for a rapid recovery.

Jeanette so glad you slept well - I have just woken after a good night too - bliss. So glad I was still in the spare bedroom as DH had another bad one. Good to hear you have got your articles all finished.

Barb your weather is fair rocking from snow to rain to ice to sun....

We had lunch with DD and family yesterday after Good Friday church. She made hot cross buns - gluten free and all, and they were yummy.

Waving to you all from down under
.
I wish I had been doing something fun like skating instead of walking to my car talking to a friend! Thanks for the well wishes.

Hope your DH is doing better today.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:48 PM   #4648
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Hope you get into an appointment today Maggie--more hugs!
Thanks Barb. I haven't seen the doctor yet. They were also closed. I have to call Monday and hope I can get in.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 05:04 PM   #4649
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Hey everyone - it's me once again!

Maggie, I just saw about your accident this morning. I figured you were out dancing or sky diving or something! LOL! Hope you're not in too much pain with all that. I know they probably have you on some of those wonderful "kick-a-poo no pain" meds. Hope you heal fast. Not fun I'm sure but hopefully you can see a specialist soon and good good advise and then some rest.

All is well around here. Rocking along with the flow of things. One of Jim's sons will be here tomorrow with his family. I'm hoping he'll help me get a couple of huge tree limbs cut up that we lost in a storm a couple of weeks ago. I do NOT use a chain saw but have an electric one I can use. It's just so heavy and I keep putting it all off, so hoping I can get him to help some. (he's borderline worthless though so we shall see! LOL) It looks like Easter Sunday will just be the two of us.

Nothing new and exciting around here. I haven't been able to get much done in the way of card making and really want to. Never enough time most days. Oh, the last one I did I used a piece of the Xpress Blending paper for Copics that a friend had sent me. Oh My Goodness!!! That stuff is NICE. It's wonderful to use with Copics and seems to blend so much better. Have any of y'all ever used it before?
Wish I had been doing something fun. It's not that painful and no strong meds, just otc. Hope to see a doctor on Monday.

Sure hope that SS steps up and gives a hand.

I love Xpress It. I buy it by the ream. I haven't tried stamping yet. I need to see if I can work on a card.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 05:07 PM   #4650
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

I just finished taking a shower and washed my hair. Go Me!! Wrapped my arm with a plastic bag and cling wrap and taped it up. worked pretty good.

My DD and DGD came over and brought us some goodies to eat - mini bundt cakes. My other DD and SIL sent me a box of chocolate dipped fruit so we each had some of that too and watched Hunger Games. DD also did a couple chores for me. I also got my groceries delivered. So glad I signed up for that.

I haven't driven yet. Will tomorrow to go to church.


__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Kiwime and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #4651
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,920
Default

__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:43 PM   #4652
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

Kelly, be careful what you wish for on taking the kids to school in a canoe. If you ever have a hurricane down that way and flooding you may be doing just that! I know.....not funny! Just hope you never have a hurricane that way. I used to teach canoeing classes when I was younger - and loved it so much. A very peaceful feeling to glide along in a canoe.

Maggie, hope you get in to see the doctor this week. I know you're anxious to find out what's what. How long will you have to leave the cast on, or do you know. Wish we all were there to not only sign your cast but also help you out if needed.

Where do you buy your Express paper Maggie?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter weekend. Maxine, I assume yours is over with since it's Monday there - so hope you had a good one.

I did get Jim's youngest son to help me with the big tree limbs - he did the chain sawing and I did all the hauling. Whew! Glad that's over with. His oldest son will be stopping by later this afternoon so it's been a full weekend here.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 02:46 PM   #4654
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Easter blessings to you all - we had a lovely day/weekend sharing with family. These were our treats to ourselves - see attached at least I hope it is...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160328_103706220.jpg (38.3 KB, 7 views)
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:39 AM   #4655
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,920
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!





Leaving a trail of (((HUGS))) and Merriment!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:53 AM   #4656
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,920
Default

Kelly, I hope your day is FANTASTIC!!! Happy Birthday my dear friend!!!

__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:47 AM   #4657
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

For Our Special Friend Kelly!

barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:00 PM   #4658
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Kelly!

Hope you have a great day!
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:01 PM   #4659
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

I hope you all enjoyed the Easter holiday. Went to church first and then my sis picked me up to go over to her great granddaugher's house to celebrate Easter with all the family. Lots of fun, food, and good times. Got to finally hold my Great-Great grand nephew. He's 3 months old and just too cute. The kids had lots of fun with the egg hunt, although it wasn't much of a hunt since the eggs are just put out all over the lawn. There were confetti eggs for the older kids. Got home about 7.

The lawn guy came yesterday also, was supposed to come on Saturday, but one of his men got injured on the job, so he had to take care of that. They started on the sprinkler system and it looks like the front is done, but they still have to finish up the back and then put in the times and hope it all works! I have to be at home for the timers since they are going in the garage which is locked when I'm gone. Can't wait!

__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:01 PM   #4660
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Some good new ladies. I saw the Orthopedist this morning and he said I didn't need the cast, just the sling. It is fractured, but up nearer to the elbow although the elbow is not involved. He told me to try to use it some for eating, showering, washing my hair, light duty, but no lifting or anything like that. He does want me to exercise it some and not to keep it immobile, so the sling is on when I'm out or at work and at home I can mostly keep it off if I remember not to do anything strenuous. Then I go back in 2 weeks to get re x-rayed and check to see how it's doing. So happy to get rid of that cast.

__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:57 PM   #4661
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default



Thank you for the sweet birthday wishes! It's my last year in the 40's :/ They say that we are only as young as we feel, right? That means I must be 101! LOL!

Starbucks made my coffee today with a Birthday cake and balloons on it - made my morning! Kids are all back today ~ now that we are all home (just waiting on our oldest), a *little birdie* told me we are heading out to dinner. Good to know, especially since i don't have a stitch of make up on and my hair is in a ponytail, LOL!

Lynn, oh you are so right about the hurricanes! We've lived through 2 big 'uns. Not cool! We even had so much flooding when our girls were tiny that we had a raft out front going down the street. The rain was so high, it came right up to the house (luckily, not in it!) Glad you got some well deserved help with the trees!

Maggie - YAY! That's awesome news! I'm glad you will not need a cast or surgery - woohoo! Sounds like you some good company and fun for Easter.

Maxine - that egg and bunny looks yummy!

*waving to everyone!*
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 03-28-2016 at 06:23 PM..
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:51 PM   #4662
Insane Embellisher
 
ksmile1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in my craft room
Posts: 808
Default

Hello all!

Belated Easter Wishes and Happy Birthday to Kelly!

This month has just flown by. We are at the end of the quarter so I have been a little busier at work. I've also been trying to get more exercise in with walking at lunch time and using the elliptical at night. We hosted a small family party for my nephew on Saturday night, and then yesterday we had a free afternoon before going to my parents for dinner.

Maggie - I am so glad to hear your fall didn't result in a break!

I have caught up on the last 8 pages or so of posts. Next month shouldn't be as busy, so I will hopefully be around more!
__________________
~Kristie~
My Blog: My Paper Life
ksmile1978 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:31 AM   #4663
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,920
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!




Maggie, that is awesome news! So glad that you aren't too confined with the break... when I broke mine in my motorcycle accident, I didn't have a cast, just a splint/sling. I was elated!! So I know your feeling and celebrate with you!

Kelly, you look fabulous for a 101 year old woman! (Maybe older-than-dirt Barb can give you some pointers on how to cope with the "0" birthday next year, since she's celebrated s-o-o-o-o-o many of those.)

Kristie, it's good to see you! Life sure can be busy, can't it?

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering... yes, I did get up way too early this morning. I've been awake since 3:00. Sheesh!!! DH says I might need to get a sleep aid but I'm too stubborn for such things. LOL! Besides, I live by the mantra that Sleep is highly over-rated. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:25 AM   #4664
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Good Morning Friends! I am headed to the stamp room again today--fun times! I hope you too have a Terrific Tuesday!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:00 AM   #4665
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hello all!

Belated Easter Wishes and Happy Birthday to Kelly!

This month has just flown by. We are at the end of the quarter so I have been a little busier at work. I've also been trying to get more exercise in with walking at lunch time and using the elliptical at night. We hosted a small family party for my nephew on Saturday night, and then yesterday we had a free afternoon before going to my parents for dinner.

Maggie - I am so glad to hear your fall didn't result in a break!

I have caught up on the last 8 pages or so of posts. Next month shouldn't be as busy, so I will hopefully be around more!
No break, but a fracture and very sore none the less. I did find a big bruise on the underside of my elbow area last night. It was nice to give my hair a proper washing last night. It was so hard to do one-handed the other night, but got done. I'm continuing with the sling most of the time at work so no one bumps into me but I can kind of east out of it when needed.

Just when I get back to walking, we start again with bad weather. Hopefully it will only be a couple days and gone again.

Glad that you are busy at work. I hate when I have to find things to do.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:03 AM   #4666
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!




Maggie, that is awesome news! So glad that you aren't too confined with the break... when I broke mine in my motorcycle accident, I didn't have a cast, just a splint/sling. I was elated!! So I know your feeling and celebrate with you!

Kelly, you look fabulous for a 101 year old woman! (Maybe older-than-dirt Barb can give you some pointers on how to cope with the "0" birthday next year, since she's celebrated s-o-o-o-o-o many of those.)

Kristie, it's good to see you! Life sure can be busy, can't it?

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering... yes, I did get up way too early this morning. I've been awake since 3:00. Sheesh!!! DH says I might need to get a sleep aid but I'm too stubborn for such things. LOL! Besides, I live by the mantra that Sleep is highly over-rated. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT!!!!! Yikes, tell me that was in your wilder, younger days Jeanette! Was it your own cycle? I've ridden on one twice in my life, but never owned one.

LOL! I feel like you do. I've had a few of those "early" mornings, but still don't ask my dr. for a sleep aid. I know he'd give me one if I asked for it. I don't get up though, I stay in bed and read and sometimes will get tired and go back to sleep.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:05 AM   #4667
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

I got home last night and my lawn guy had the sprinklers going in the front yard. So nice to see them going. The back yard is still kind of a mud pit. He is working on the back, but it's not done yet. He's supposed to finish that up today if the weather holds out. I need to get him to lay some sod down also around the flower beds and maybe over between the patio and the fence. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, he'll mow and plant flowers in the beds and remulch them. Can't wait!
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:30 PM   #4668
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Hi Girls,

So glad that you don't need the cast Maggie - they are a pain.

Sleep - wot's that. Didn't get much last night as DH has a doozey of a chest infection and was not responding to the meds, so went up to ED and they x-rayed him (not pneumonia) and gave him a couple of extra lots of meds through the nebuliser - finally got home at 11:00 p.m. Was awake ond on his own nebuliser again at 5:00 a.m....

Still not really under control today , but a bit better than last night. It's been so long since he was up there for his chest the nurse could not remember his Christian name - sad in a way that we are so well known, but reassuring too that we know the staff and get good treatment.

I did a big order from ODBD when they did their last release (succumbed to the 20% off the bundle deal) - it arrived today so will be having fun in the studio later - 11 days from order to delivery - pretty good going.

Waving to you all from down under
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:51 PM   #4669
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default



Maggie, you don't need your sprinklers, dear - you can have our rain! It was a monsoon out there today! On the way to the dentist, I had to pull over and wait it out - couldn't see and the wind was so severe it was blowing my SUV all over the road. I was supposed to go out to craft shop after the dentist but with the weather had to reroute my plans. Dashed across town after to get little man from drama club, then the other side of town to get dd17 from rehearsal.

My dd's boyfriend gave me a very generous gift card for Michaels for my birthday - very unexpected! I was quite humbled as he said you are always making pretty cards and things, so it was what i thought would make you happiest - awww! (he also snuck in a Starbucks gc - this kid knows me well!) It was hilarious when he said him and his best friend walked in to buy it, the bf looked around and said "what IS this place? What do you do here - what is all this ........ stuff?!" LOL!! Oh ladies - where to even begin, right!

Maxine - have fun with your ODBD order! I love that company! It's a perfect fit for you and your cards, too- I can't wait to see what you make.

I hope you and Jeanette get some sleep soon - I don't thrive well on lack of sleep. I'm always on the go, go, go and never home but managed to crawl into bed at night and dont usually wake up! (the dogs figured that out after 2 weeks - ROFL! Go potty for the last time then it's in bed, lights out, mama isn't getting up to let you back out! hee hee!)

I hope your dh is better ........ and Lynn's hubby, too!

*waving to all!*
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 03-29-2016 at 05:01 PM..
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:51 AM   #4670
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,920
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!




Oh, Kelly... tell DD that young man is a keeper! How sweet of him!

Maxine, I'm so sorry your DH is so sick. UGH! Hopefully you'll get some rest soon. And YAY for the ODBD goodies!

Barb, I hope you had fun getting inky!

Maggie, I'm not sure I know the difference between a break and a fracture. I thought those were the same thing. Guess I need to do some research.

Now about the motorcycle accident... I was younger (though not much - I'm 17 now, and it was when I was 16. ) I had been driving motorcycles since I was 11. And was very good at it. I started on a Honda 150, smaller bike, then when I got tall enough I started driving the twin Honda 350's that my parents had. I was on one of them... had gone to town to buy my sister a birthday gift. I had the right of way; the cars coming from left/right had a stop sign. The driver stopped, but didn't see me - say what?!?!?! - and rushed across the road, planning to get to the other side before the car behind me got there. Needless to say, she hit me broadside. I flew 32 feet through the air before landing. Fortunately, I wasn't killed. I had a broken arm, a lacerated leg (permanent nerve damage), lots of pavement rash, and my knee was swollen to the size of a basketball by the next day. It was crushed into the gas tank of the bike on impact. I have pretty significant arthritis in my left knee (the basketball one) and my right shoulder (which hit the pavement upon landing). I walk with a limp. But I am so fortunate... it could have been much MUCH worse.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:27 AM   #4671
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,920
Default

Oh. my. goodness! It looks like DD and I are going on the Bible Journaling Cruise to Alaska this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:43 AM   #4672
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default



It is Wednesday and look who I found on my deck this morning?!
He sends his love all of you and also special kisses today!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:44 AM   #4673
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Maggie--I hope your arm is getting better. Which arm is it?
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:53 AM   #4674
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,920
Default

Smoochy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Barb! You've made my day!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:50 AM   #4675
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Ohhhhhhh Jeanette a Bible Journalling Cruise - you are making me break the 10th commandment...
I pray you have a WONDERFUL time
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:01 PM   #4676
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Yesterday all I did was dream about my stamps.... DH and I had our flu jabs scheduled for late afternoon. I got mine, but the nurses at the drs surgery were so concerned about DH that they made him see a GP, who was also worried. Nearly sent him to the hospital, but let him home after another multiple dose 'go' on the nebuliser... Thankfully it is looking as though he may be on the mend this morning - finally. Men! 'Cos he had been so well for so long he didn't get onto his meds soon enough and so he really crashed and they took so much longer to kick in.
Ah well a quieter day today I hope and maybe some studio therapy
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:04 PM   #4677
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

So much for a quieter day - it's off to the dentist for me this afternoon thanks to a toothache!!
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:32 PM   #4678
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi Girls,

So glad that you don't need the cast Maggie - they are a pain.

Sleep - wot's that. Didn't get much last night as DH has a doozey of a chest infection and was not responding to the meds, so went up to ED and they x-rayed him (not pneumonia) and gave him a couple of extra lots of meds through the nebuliser - finally got home at 11:00 p.m. Was awake ond on his own nebuliser again at 5:00 a.m....

Still not really under control today , but a bit better than last night. It's been so long since he was up there for his chest the nurse could not remember his Christian name - sad in a way that we are so well known, but reassuring too that we know the staff and get good treatment.

I did a big order from ODBD when they did their last release (succumbed to the 20% off the bundle deal) - it arrived today so will be having fun in the studio later - 11 days from order to delivery - pretty good going.

Waving to you all from down under
Yes, it was a pain Maxine. I'm glad I don't need it also, but even the sling can be a pain. I do wear it at night though and at work. At night, keeps me from turning over on to my left side and at work, keeps people away from me so they don't bump into my arm.

Hope DH is feeling better todayl I'm a little on the down side myself. Started getting the scratchy throat yesterday and the runny nose. This morning had congestion. This afternoon have a bit of a fever - 99.5.
I was planning to go back to work tomorrow.

Have fun with your new toys. I have a SAB order from SU which I haven't gotten out of the box yet. Trying to get the room organized first.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:37 PM   #4679
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post


Maggie, you don't need your sprinklers, dear - you can have our rain! It was a monsoon out there today! On the way to the dentist, I had to pull over and wait it out - couldn't see and the wind was so severe it was blowing my SUV all over the road. I was supposed to go out to craft shop after the dentist but with the weather had to reroute my plans. Dashed across town after to get little man from drama club, then the other side of town to get dd17 from rehearsal.

My dd's boyfriend gave me a very generous gift card for Michaels for my birthday - very unexpected! I was quite humbled as he said you are always making pretty cards and things, so it was what i thought would make you happiest - awww! (he also snuck in a Starbucks gc - this kid knows me well!) It was hilarious when he said him and his best friend walked in to buy it, the bf looked around and said "what IS this place? What do you do here - what is all this ........ stuff?!" LOL!! Oh ladies - where to even begin, right!

Maxine - have fun with your ODBD order! I love that company! It's a perfect fit for you and your cards, too- I can't wait to see what you make.

I hope you and Jeanette get some sleep soon - I don't thrive well on lack of sleep. I'm always on the go, go, go and never home but managed to crawl into bed at night and dont usually wake up! (the dogs figured that out after 2 weeks - ROFL! Go potty for the last time then it's in bed, lights out, mama isn't getting up to let you back out! hee hee!)

I hope your dh is better ........ and Lynn's hubby, too!

*waving to all!*
I'll do without the monsoon, thank you and stick with the sprinklers! He came and cut the grass this morning even though it was kind of drizzly. It's been cloudy all day and hope to see some sunshine tomorrow. I expect he'll come back tonight maybe so he can connect up the timers in the garage. I hope so because I need to talk to him about laying some sod down around the edges of the flower beds in the back and along the fence where it's all muddy. I want to go back to the nursery also and get some more flowering plants for the front flower bed.

Kelly, you're lucky that you can sleep through the night. That's a rarity for me. It's usually only once and I can get back to sleep without too much trouble.

So sweet of DD's BF to surprise you like that. He is a keeper.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:44 PM   #4680
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!




Oh, Kelly... tell DD that young man is a keeper! How sweet of him!

Maxine, I'm so sorry your DH is so sick. UGH! Hopefully you'll get some rest soon. And YAY for the ODBD goodies!

Barb, I hope you had fun getting inky!

Maggie, I'm not sure I know the difference between a break and a fracture. I thought those were the same thing. Guess I need to do some research.

Now about the motorcycle accident... I was younger (though not much - I'm 17 now, and it was when I was 16. ) I had been driving motorcycles since I was 11. And was very good at it. I started on a Honda 150, smaller bike, then when I got tall enough I started driving the twin Honda 350's that my parents had. I was on one of them... had gone to town to buy my sister a birthday gift. I had the right of way; the cars coming from left/right had a stop sign. The driver stopped, but didn't see me - say what?!?!?! - and rushed across the road, planning to get to the other side before the car behind me got there. Needless to say, she hit me broadside. I flew 32 feet through the air before landing. Fortunately, I wasn't killed. I had a broken arm, a lacerated leg (permanent nerve damage), lots of pavement rash, and my knee was swollen to the size of a basketball by the next day. It was crushed into the gas tank of the bike on impact. I have pretty significant arthritis in my left knee (the basketball one) and my right shoulder (which hit the pavement upon landing). I walk with a limp. But I am so fortunate... it could have been much MUCH worse.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
I guess they are all breaks and fractures, but this one, the bone didn't dislodge or come away from itself, I think. Since it wasn't serious enough to need a cast, I call it just a fracture that will hopefully knit back together soon.

Oh my, you are really the miracle child aren't you. Yes, it could have been so much worse.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off