Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2016, 06:57 PM   #4481
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies--Happy Thursday! I have two errands to do today and hope to clear off my stamp table by completing a swap. We leave very early tomorrow morning--before 4:00 am--for the airport. I checked the weather for Punta Cana and the temps are to be in the 80's, but it is showing rain for Friday-Sunday.................... I wish I had not looked! But, it will be warm and that is why we are going!

See everyone next week on Wednesday--have a good weekend and a great start to the new week!
I guess it was a good thing that you looked or you wouldn't have been prepared for it.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-24-2016, 07:00 PM   #4482
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Thanks, J! Today definitely will not be the say - as I'm about to commute! All day! And then a field trip to see The Lion King. And tonight is our huge Boy Scout banquet and crossing over - our little man isnt' so little it seems. Did you sleep better?

Shelly, did you get your car back?

Have a good Friday girls -- no chance of getting inky here today Barb, may the sun be shining where you are!!!!!!

Scattering hugs!
How did you like Lion King? I thought it was spectacular when we saw the stage show. And how was the banquet? Did they have endless speeches or were they able to keep it to a minimum?
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:00 PM   #4483
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hi Maggie, I'd wondered why we hadn't seen you lately. UGH! I'm sorry you've been sick. (((HUGS))) It sounds like you've been productive, though. Kudos on all the organizing! Great news about your sis, too!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mschoener likes this post.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:02 PM   #4484
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hello all - it is still warm here after a couple of rainy day s earlier in the week - the gardens loved the rain!!

DD and family have shared their cold and I am MISERABLE - it won't last but in the meantime I am having a pity party. I have managed several cards this week, thankfully.

Good to see you popping in more regularly Darlene, and to hear you are still in the land if the living Lynn.

Jeanette and Kelly I don't know how you do all that you do, you both put the Energiser Bunny to shame!

Maggie your butterflies sound wonderful - there are a huge number of wasps around this year, and so the monarch caterpillars are getting sucked dry by them and not pupating .

Shelly it sounds as though you and Barb are having a well deserved break - enjoy your travels and stay safe.

Waving to you all from down here
Our weather is so topsy-turvy. A few nice days, then a cold blast for a day or 2 and then back to warm again. It's no wonder that everyone here gets sick. Hope you are feeling better now.

Yes, I get wasps too which is why I had the butterfly hatch built so I could put them in there to grow away from where the wasps could get to them.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:21 PM   #4485
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Hi Maggie, I'd wondered why we hadn't seen you lately. UGH! I'm sorry you've been sick. (((HUGS))) It sounds like you've been productive, though. Kudos on all the organizing! Great news about your sis, too!
Thanks Jeanette! Yes, I'm not much use when I don't feel well. My brain doesn't work very well.

Yes, now she has a few weeks of radiation and then she'll be done with it. So happy they caught it when it was so small.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:23 PM   #4486

That's great news about sis. Are you feeling all better now... or just enough to go back to work?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-24-2016, 07:38 PM   #4487
Mad Swapper

Oh Maggie - sorry to hear you have not been well - hope you go from strength to strength now! Good news for your sister by the sounds of it. Whoo hoo on the organising - while you are in the groove, can you come and do mine now. please???? Pretty please

Barb, how irresponsible to loose Smoochy . Glad to hear you had a good break away

Jeanette it's good to see you home and chatting again, and posting!

Kelly how wonderful to have an unexpected morning home - pity about the study getting the 'flu - at least you got a smile out of that too

Waving from a warm 'down under' - we are due to get the remnants of Cyclone Winstone, so it will be warm and wet from Saturday for some days - not much wind is predicted thankfully. Just hope the tomatoes don't blight with it being warm too..... I have a good crop this year, and there is still a lot on the vines - the late raspberries are also starting to crop too - large and juicy - Yum!!
Old 02-24-2016, 09:39 PM   #4488
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Hi to all!
We are taking a week off- running like a maniac to get ready to go : )
We flew into Dallas yesterday and spent the night there, and went to the JFK memorial today and the Bush Presidential Library, then headed to my brothers- a little East of Dallas. We are heading to Austin for the weekend- have a couple of nephews and a niece there. We will be home next Tuesday night, then I will head to Dubuque to visit Stephi for a few days.
We are hearing that there is snow and rainy/windy weather coming to home- we had a wind storm last weekend and lost about 60 shingles off the roof- had a tarp placed on the roof before we left, so hoping it will hold.

So, will be MIA for the week, I will try to get around to blogs when I can.

Hugs
Shelly
Old 02-25-2016, 03:57 AM   #4489
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
That's great news about sis. Are you feeling all better now... or just enough to go back to work?
Thanks Jeanette. Much better, but it would be great not to have to go back to work - EVER!
Old 02-25-2016, 04:36 AM   #4490

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Oh! OH! I want some of your fresh raspberries, Maxine! YUMMY!

Have a great trip, Shelly... we will miss you!

Maggie, I imagine that is true!

FYI - I am leaving early tomorrow morning and will not be back until late Saturday night. Since I don't do SCS on Sundays, I'll see you again next week (unless I peek in here again later today). Have a FABULOUS weekend!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-25-2016, 07:49 AM   #4491
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--late check in for me today. Heading to the treadmill and then stamping for the rest of the day!

Have a Terrific Thursday!!!!
Old 02-25-2016, 07:02 PM   #4492
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Jeanette - I love that little critters face!! Yes, I wants a hug! What a cutie - and such big expressive eyes!!

Speaking of eyes . We had an emergency here today - got everyone dropped off at schools and as I'm getting home, our oldest daughter was concerned about her right eye. The pupil was completely dilated - she has blue eyes, but when I look at her, one was blue and the other black ... Literally no color! It was combined with a piercing headache so we went straight away to the pediatrician ... Then a specialitist (same hospital, thankfully) and then refered to the opthamalogist (different hospital) ... Turned out to be a severe allergic reaction to an eye drop - whew!! They were scheduling an MRI, but at least now we have an answer. My kids are giving me grey hair!!

We ended up going out for pizza and little man is at his first "big boy" Boy Scout meeting having just crossed over from Webelos <3

What a day! I'm glad it's over and almost the weekend!

Maggie - I should have explained better. We saw the Middle School production of The Lion King. I have seen the (real) Broadway version before and it's mesmerizing! This one was adorable. Absolutely creative - when they didn't have a kid for,the part or not enough money raised from booster sales to,cover a costume, the kids and stage managers created it and out of the neatest parts!! Thyme had a 3D moving mechanical bird as ZAzu - so neat!

Next month, dd19 and I are using my Christmas present she bought 2 tickets for us to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway! I loooove Phantom <3

The Boy Scout crossing over was truly boring! It was wonderful to see the boys move over but zzzzzz. As you said, the speeches and all were loooong.
And I'm glad you are feeling better. My mom gets bad sinus infections. They knock her down for days!

Maxine, I love fresh raspberries!!! My very very fave! I hope you guys stay safe - you sure are getting your fair share of the natural disasters! How is Jordan doing? I think of hi, so often.

Shel, happy travelin'!! Your getting around is so fun to read, all the fun places you travel!

Lynn, I hear you my friend. You are missed!!

Waving to Jeanette and Barb and Darlene and Kristie and Kel ... Hope I'm not missing anyone.

Hugs!!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:41 AM   #4493
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Everyone--welcome to Friday. I hope you have a great one!!!!
Old 02-26-2016, 07:15 AM   #4494
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

GO TEXAS DAY!
barbaralynn and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:20 AM   #4495
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh Jeanette - I love that little critters face!! Yes, I wants a hug! What a cutie - and such big expressive eyes!!

Speaking of eyes . We had an emergency here today - got everyone dropped off at schools and as I'm getting home, our oldest daughter was concerned about her right eye. The pupil was completely dilated - she has blue eyes, but when I look at her, one was blue and the other black ... Literally no color! It was combined with a piercing headache so we went straight away to the pediatrician ... Then a specialitist (same hospital, thankfully) and then refered to the opthamalogist (different hospital) ... Turned out to be a severe allergic reaction to an eye drop - whew!! They were scheduling an MRI, but at least now we have an answer. My kids are giving me grey hair!!

We ended up going out for pizza and little man is at his first "big boy" Boy Scout meeting having just crossed over from Webelos <3

What a day! I'm glad it's over and almost the weekend!

Maggie - I should have explained better. We saw the Middle School production of The Lion King. I have seen the (real) Broadway version before and it's mesmerizing! This one was adorable. Absolutely creative - when they didn't have a kid for,the part or not enough money raised from booster sales to,cover a costume, the kids and stage managers created it and out of the neatest parts!! Thyme had a 3D moving mechanical bird as ZAzu - so neat!

Next month, dd19 and I are using my Christmas present she bought 2 tickets for us to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway! I loooove Phantom <3

The Boy Scout crossing over was truly boring! It was wonderful to see the boys move over but zzzzzz. As you said, the speeches and all were loooong.
And I'm glad you are feeling better. My mom gets bad sinus infections. They knock her down for days!

Maxine, I love fresh raspberries!!! My very very fave! I hope you guys stay safe - you sure are getting your fair share of the natural disasters! How is Jordan doing? I think of hi, so often.

Shel, happy travelin'!! Your getting around is so fun to read, all the fun places you travel!

Lynn, I hear you my friend. You are missed!!

Waving to Jeanette and Barb and Darlene and Kristie and Kel ... Hope I'm not missing anyone.

Hugs!!
Glad your DD is okay now with her eye and it was something as simple as an allergic reaction.

I used to LOVE to go see my DGD iin her theatrical performances while she was in Middle and High School and even now with her in college. I can't wait until the other one out in Utah starts being able to perform on stage too. They don't do that during their freshman year. Great excuse to travel and see my DGD's.

I also love Phantom, but I love all of Andrew Lloyd Weber's musicals. I think I've seen most of them. I used to have an English version of it on stage on my DVR, but I think I may have lost it when my Receiver crashed the last time. It was fabulous.

Looking forward to the weekend. I have some friends coming over for dinner on Saturday, so the house needs a good cleaning.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:20 AM   #4496
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hi to all!
We are taking a week off- running like a maniac to get ready to go : )
We flew into Dallas yesterday and spent the night there, and went to the JFK memorial today and the Bush Presidential Library, then headed to my brothers- a little East of Dallas. We are heading to Austin for the weekend- have a couple of nephews and a niece there. We will be home next Tuesday night, then I will head to Dubuque to visit Stephi for a few days.
We are hearing that there is snow and rainy/windy weather coming to home- we had a wind storm last weekend and lost about 60 shingles off the roof- had a tarp placed on the roof before we left, so hoping it will hold.

So, will be MIA for the week, I will try to get around to blogs when I can.

Hugs
Shelly
So close and yet so far away! Hope you have a wonderful trip.
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:23 AM   #4497
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oh Maggie - sorry to hear you have not been well - hope you go from strength to strength now! Good news for your sister by the sounds of it. Whoo hoo on the organising - while you are in the groove, can you come and do mine now. please???? Pretty please

Barb, how irresponsible to loose Smoochy . Glad to hear you had a good break away

Jeanette it's good to see you home and chatting again, and posting!

Kelly how wonderful to have an unexpected morning home - pity about the study getting the 'flu - at least you got a smile out of that too

Waving from a warm 'down under' - we are due to get the remnants of Cyclone Winstone, so it will be warm and wet from Saturday for some days - not much wind is predicted thankfully. Just hope the tomatoes don't blight with it being warm too..... I have a good crop this year, and there is still a lot on the vines - the late raspberries are also starting to crop too - large and juicy - Yum!!
I would LOVE to come visit you Maxine! I don't know how much organizing we would accomplish though!

I would love to have berry bushes in my yard. I tried blueberries one year, but they did not do very well so I gave up. I do love raspberries though. I usually buy some each week. I fast freeze them and then take some for my snack in the afternoon with my fat free vanilla Greek yogurt.

Hope you stay safe from the storm and that the garden also survives.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:43 PM   #4498
Gabfest Goddess

Hello friends.

Maggie, glad that you're feeling better. I'm fighting off something in my sinuses and chest, hoping that I caught it early enough with some over-the-counter help.

Kelly, what a scare with DD's eye. PTL it was not anything horrible. <giggling> about DS and his scout ceremony.

Jeanette, I know you're away, but wishing a safe trip and maybe we can connect online at some point. I'm slowly getting back into SCS...

Maxine, your garden sounds heavenly. When I was young we all picked raspberries in the farming fields for spending $$. LOL Got paid 15 cents per pint. Hard, sticky work and the thorns - ouch.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 02-26-2016, 07:13 PM   #4499
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello friends.

Maggie, glad that you're feeling better. I'm fighting off something in my sinuses and chest, hoping that I caught it early enough with some over-the-counter help.

Kelly, what a scare with DD's eye. PTL it was not anything horrible. <giggling> about DS and his scout ceremony.

Jeanette, I know you're away, but wishing a safe trip and maybe we can connect online at some point. I'm slowly getting back into SCS...

Maxine, your garden sounds heavenly. When I was young we all picked raspberries in the farming fields for spending $$. LOL Got paid 15 cents per pint. Hard, sticky work and the thorns - ouch.
Thanks Darlene. Sorry to hear that you're not well. If the OTC doesn't help, don't put off going to the doctor for meds. I tell you everyone at my office has been coming down with something. When I talked to my sis today, she says it's everywhere. One of her DGD's is a teacher, and the kids are all sick and teachers. We've had a fairly mild Winter and not cold enough to kill off the germs and bugs. It's going to be a rough summer with flies, mosquitoes, fleas! Yikes!

I have a new toy and it's NOT stamp related! LOL! It's a FitBit! I have tried at least 3 different pedometers in the last year and I really didn't like any of them. The last one sometimes didn't even record my steps. So I finally broke down and bought a FitBit. I just set it up so I don't know too much about it yet, but can't wait to see all that it can do.

I also quit WW. I've been working on that for 2 months and have only lost 3 pounds and sometimes it seems like the same 3 pounds over and over again. So I just saw a new program from Cooking Light (I love their recipe magazines). I only signed up for a month to see if I was going to like it and how easy it was going to be. Every Thursday they send you new recipes for foods you can fix for the following week, you can make up your shopping list from that and then you have the recipes to cook from. If you don't want to use their recipe for something all you have to do is exchange the calorie count. If their recipe was 250 calories, then you just substitute something 250 or less. My big problem is always sitting down and planning the meals, so I hope this is easy enough to do. I've already gone to the store for this week, but I'll look it over tomorrow and give it a go.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:02 AM   #4500
Gabfest Goddess

Morning everyone

Maggie, I love Cooking Light mag-new ideas all the time. WW did not work for me at all. It messed up my blood sugar levels too much. CL's menu and shopping planning sounds like a good way to go.

I have been eating vegan a couple of days each week. I am surprised that I dont miss the meat at all, as long as I have enough other protein in the meals. Of course I lost a lot of weight over the past 6 months from the stress and grief. But now my body has sort of reset to needing less food. It would be nice if I could keep it like that.

I made a vegan version of Amanda's favorite soup to take to church last week. It was really good, and everyone liked it. So I've had that for dinner 3 nights so far.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:06 AM   #4501
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Morning everyone

Maggie, I love Cooking Light mag-new ideas all the time. WW did not work for me at all. It messed up my blood sugar levels too much. CL's menu and shopping planning sounds like a good way to go.

I have been eating vegan a couple of days each week. I am surprised that I dont miss the meat at all, as long as I have enough other protein in the meals. Of course I lost a lot of weight over the past 6 months from the stress and grief. But now my body has sort of reset to needing less food. It would be nice if I could keep it like that.

I made a vegan version of Amanda's favorite soup to take to church last week. It was really good, and everyone liked it. So I've had that for dinner 3 nights so far.
I don't eat vegan as much as I could or should, but if I eat meat, it's chicken or fish. I rarely eat beef of any kind and pork sometimes. What kind of soup was that and care to share the recipe.

That's good that your body is not reacting now and wanting more food.

Time to go get started getting the house cleaned up.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:33 AM   #4502
Insane Embellisher

Hello all

Darlene, good to see you posting. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Hope you are on the mend!

Maggie, I have heard several people mention not doing well on WW. Was it their new plan or the old one? The new one is harder to lose weight on although my mom swears by it. I subscribe to the Cooking Light magazine on my ipad and some of the recipes sound really good. We haven't tried any of them yet as I need to get Mike on board. I sent him one recipe and he goes why isn't there more cheese? Duh, dear, it's Cooking Light LOL!!

Shelly, hope you are enjoying vacation!

Kelly, how scary about DD's eye! Glad it was just an allergic reaction and nothing serious.

Waving hi to Lynn, Maxine, Kel, Jeanette and Barb!

Yesterday I spent the day out with my mom. I took her to lunch and we went shopping. I got a few books for myself and mostly stuff for my niece and nephew. Easter shopping is all done and I just need to order a couple of books for my nephew that B&N didn't have. His birthday is 4 days before Easter this year. He is going to be 4 and going to preschool in the fall! With Easter being early and her going back to work, she's decided to just do cake with her inlaws on Easter and cake here for him. I am looking forward to it (since I volunteered lol) as I want to decorate for him and make a big deal.

Today is cleaning, laundry and crafting day. Not sure how much I will get done of each. Feeling a bit lazy this morning!
Old 02-28-2016, 11:57 AM   #4503
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning lovelies!

Woohoo - Maggie is bull riding! You go girl! I hope you (and Lynn!) had a great Texas day.

Bummer about WW that's exactly the program I made my goal weight with. But it was the old program. I made Lifetime member but didn't keep going - the weight came back, LOL.

There is no way I could go vegan. I can't drink my 'Bux without milk!! I love my dairy products too much! Vegan seems really strict. But being vegetarian (actually, pescatarian) has it's own struggles at times - like banquets and dinners with the kids, I pay for a dinner ticket and nerve get to eat I end up with a plate of salad *grin* I take the food and give it to one of my kids or they give me their salad LOL

Now that we're home for the afternoon, I've gotta scramble to get cards made and blogged!

Waving to all!
Old 02-28-2016, 01:15 PM   #4504
Pearl-ExPert

Everyone seems to have been around here - but me! And Kel too. Hope she's doing ok.

Sorry to hear you were sick Maggie - but what's this about you bull riding! Yikes!
Shelly, I saw your picture on FB this morning and y'all were in Austin. Sure wish I could have gotten there to meet you. It's about 3 hours from me.
Kristie, I'm really liking all the scrapbooking you've been doing lately. Never even tried that.
Darlene, so good to see you! Not sure about being vegan or any of that though. I love, love, love veggies - but need meat every so often too I think.
Maxine, hope that storm missed you! Scary! You garden sounds heavenly.
Kelly, busy busy Kelly......scary about your daughters eye but glad it all turned out ok.
Barb, last I saw you were headed off somewhere. Hope you had a good time.
Jeanette, you're always heading off somewhere and know you have a good time!

All is ok here. Plugging along. Golf is on all weekend - along with basketball - so Jim's glued in front of the TV and I'm trying to get a couple of cards made. All CAS but it's something on paper. Besides that, CAS is what I like to do!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:06 PM   #4505
Mad Swapper

It is late Monday here and we have finally had a decent amount of rain - no wind as such, and several days of light rain, and a few heavier falls today - all good for the gardens - still warm thankfully.

Good to see you here Lynn, and know you have had some crafty time

Kristie it's always good to see you pop in and say hello.

Enjoy your trip Shelly - it must be a great time to be away and not have to be worrying about your parents - I trust they are keeping stable now.

Darlene I hope you get over your cold and ills quickly - I take Olive Leaf Extract capsules when I am getting/have got a cold and they help not to get the secondary bits.

Maggie it's good to know you are on the mend - hope the new diet works for you.

Kelly love it when you pop in and give us all an update on your eventful life - glad to hear that DD's eye is o.k.

Jeanette I hope you have enjoyed your weekend and looking forward to seeing you pop in again.

Waving - and love to you all!!
Old 02-29-2016, 04:03 AM   #4506

Today is the best day to celebrate leap year...
so hop to it!

Darlene, I'm so sorry you've been feeling poorly! I hope you're better soon!

Maggie, I hope the Cooking Light program works well for you!

Kelly, how did the scramble go?

Barb, you must have been busy this weekend... since you didn't post here this weekend.

Kristie, how fun to spend time with your Mom!

Lynn, so good to see you! I love your cards!!!

Maxine, I did enjoy my weekend. Thanks!

My first workshop went well... just a few tweaks I want to make before I do it again this weekend. But today I'm going to do some cleaning and some cardmaking... tweaking can come another day.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-29-2016, 06:05 AM   #4507
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi ya'll! Kids dropped off, and waiting for dh to get home so we can head to his appt - before kid pick ups again

J, you are unFROGettable! Yep, I scrambled .... and made one card, lol. I was watching the Oscars - congrats to Leo on your well deserved Oscar! He's such a talented actor ....... and in between all the other stuff, I was able to get a whole ONE card made

I now have what my family calls the traveling craft room! Hee hee! I decided I couldn't craft in the bedroom at the tiny little kiosk. My dd19 and I moved my huge craft desk to the living room - didn't like it there - so we moved it again to the back of the dining room. I moved it in front of this lovely window with a lot of natural light but now I stare out at the yard and the pool and the gorgeous fruit trees and daydream ... After 3 moves, it is staying put for awhile!

The puppies are begging to be walked before I leave so I'll zip on out and wave to all!
Old 02-29-2016, 06:06 AM   #4508
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi ya'll!

J, you are unFROGettable! Yep, I scrambled .... and made one card, lol. I was watching the Oscars - congrats to Leo on your well deserved Oscar! He's such a talented actor ....... and in between all the other stuff, I was able to get a whole ONE card made :/

I Made a card. Yep. One card. LOL!! But it's a start - right?! Hee hee! I'm soooo excited to sit down at my now newly moved craft desk again and work! So far, so good! I decided I couldn't craft in the bedroom at the tiny little kiosk. My dd19, her boy friend and I moved my huge craft desk to the living room - didn't like it there - so we moved it again to the back of the dining room .......... I have a traveling craft room! hee hee! I moved it in front of this lovely window with a lot of natural light but now I stare out at the yard and the pool and the gorgeous fruit trees and daydream ...
Old 02-29-2016, 06:08 AM   #4509

awww... Kelly, you are, too! Love you, my friend!

tee hee... have desk, will travel.

Find Me on Instagram

MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:49 AM   #4510
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Monday! Have a Great Day--even if it is a Monday...........

We had great weather this weekend and it seemed we got a lot done around the house too. We went for a hike with a friend yesterday at the state park with the dogs we watch often during the year. We are to get a winter storm tonight, up to 6 inches of snow. I guess we need to be reminded winter is still here.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:13 AM   #4511

Barb, I love that thought... this day is a special one... we should make the most of it!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-01-2016, 02:49 AM   #4512

Today is the first Tuesday (of 5) in March... I can't believe how quickly 2016 is marching on.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-01-2016, 06:43 AM   #4513
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! Happy March!!!!!

We did get some snow overnight, but it was much less than they predicted. We maybe got a couple of inches, but it is blowing pretty good today and there are still some flurries now. Maybe this means March is coming in like a lion and will go out like a lamb!

I spent some time yesterday in the stamp room and will be there again today. I trying to really get ahead with swaps, DT's and other things so I can get my quilting out and spend some time in front of my machine! I am also getting donations from some local businesses for the Fur Ball fund raiser this week.

I hope you have a great day!
Old 03-01-2016, 09:29 AM   #4514

Barb, I'm glad you didn't have too much snow. We had a thunderstorm this morning... I am so excited about spring coming!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-01-2016, 09:40 AM   #4515
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Everyone seems to have been around here - but me! And Kel too. Hope she's doing ok.

Sorry to hear you were sick Maggie - but what's this about you bull riding! Yikes!
Shelly, I saw your picture on FB this morning and y'all were in Austin. Sure wish I could have gotten there to meet you. It's about 3 hours from me.
Kristie, I'm really liking all the scrapbooking you've been doing lately. Never even tried that.
Darlene, so good to see you! Not sure about being vegan or any of that though. I love, love, love veggies - but need meat every so often too I think.
Maxine, hope that storm missed you! Scary! You garden sounds heavenly.
Kelly, busy busy Kelly......scary about your daughters eye but glad it all turned out ok.
Barb, last I saw you were headed off somewhere. Hope you had a good time.
Jeanette, you're always heading off somewhere and know you have a good time!

All is ok here. Plugging along. Golf is on all weekend - along with basketball - so Jim's glued in front of the TV and I'm trying to get a couple of cards made. All CAS but it's something on paper. Besides that, CAS is what I like to do!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Hahahaha! No,I don't go bullriding, got too many brittle bones. Friday was the kickoff of the Houston Llivestock Show and Rodeo - the biggest and best in the world. Friday was Go Texan Day! Everyone dresses up in the western attire. The trail riders come into town during the day. You can see them on every major freeway coming into H Town from all over the state and then Saturday is the Rodeo Parade in downtown. I haven't been since the kids were younger, but it's a fun event . One of the girls that used to work here now is raising goats and she has some of her goats at the Livestock Show.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #4516
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all - rushing by, did you see my supermom cape flying behind me?! LOL!

Today was lots of zooming around (schools) but also a very sweet date! My dd had her 2nd class cancelled so we went out to lunch at Panera Bread (yummy! I'm a salad fanatic!) and then shopping. She needed dresses for work, I need dresses for a few upcoming events - she found several, I found NONE! But the company was extra sweet and we had a lovely day ♥

LOL Maggie - guess we should have mentioned you were just bull ridin' in a blinkie ... hee hee! The town sounds FUN! My brother lives in a small Texas town where covered wagons are the norm - the few trucks and cars on the road pull over for them. It's bizarre to imagine, but that's how they 've always done it - lol.

waving to all!
Old 03-01-2016, 03:56 PM   #4517

Oh fun, Kelly! I love Panera............ and rumor has it that they might be putting building one in the town that I go to for card class, shopping, etc. I sure hope it happens!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-02-2016, 05:50 AM   #4518
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--welcome to Wednesday! I hope you had a Wonderful One!
Old 03-02-2016, 06:57 AM   #4519
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi all - rushing by, did you see my supermom cape flying behind me?! LOL!

Today was lots of zooming around (schools) but also a very sweet date! My dd had her 2nd class cancelled so we went out to lunch at Panera Bread (yummy! I'm a salad fanatic!) and then shopping. She needed dresses for work, I need dresses for a few upcoming events - she found several, I found NONE! But the company was extra sweet and we had a lovely day ♥

LOL Maggie - guess we should have mentioned you were just bull ridin' in a blinkie ... hee hee! The town sounds FUN! My brother lives in a small Texas town where covered wagons are the norm - the few trucks and cars on the road pull over for them. It's bizarre to imagine, but that's how they 've always done it - lol.

waving to all!
That's so nice that you and dd were able to have some one on one time. I love Panera Bread. We have them all over town. Sorry that your shopping didn't give you any sweet deals.

Yes, those country cow towns are pretty laid back.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:03 AM   #4520
Quacker Stamper

I finished up my DT card last night and like how it came out. I had also worked on another card over the last week or so and have that finished. I need to put that one on my blog since it will be going out to someone next week.

I've been working on organizing everything in my stamp room. I started with my stamps and took them out of all the drawers and rearranged them by themes so I'd know whick drawer to look in for something. And I got everything to pretty much fit, so I better now buy too many more real stamps as opposed to digital images. I also worked on my dies. I cut out a sample of all my dies unless I had a picture of one on the package and then I just used that. I have a binder where I keep all my punch and die samples. I also organized all my dies in me Art Bin holders. I actually had to order one more, so I'll have 4 of those and I organized the dies so they are also in themes together - Christmas, borders, flowers, nesting, doilies, etc. I also organized my little corner in my dining room where I have 2 hanging file carts with 12 x 12 dp. I also have 2 milk crates with folders of stickers and embellishments for scrapbooking. I still have to work on organizing my ribbons better. It's great though to have that all cleaned up. I hope it will help in getting more work done. I really want to do some more work on scrapbooking again.
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.