Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-14-2016, 03:07 PM   #4441
Quacker Stamper

Glad that there were still some people around when you got locked out of your car. Would have been kind of scary to be there just with your DS waiting for DD to come with the extra keys.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:12 PM   #4442
Quacker Stamper

It's been a busy weekend. My oldest DD and her DH came into town on Friday. He had business in Austin so they were there from Wednesday to Friday. He also has a sister living there so they visited with her family also.

We all got together at my other DD's Friday night. I went over there from work.
It was fun. We had homemade individual pizzas and watched Oblivion with Tom Cruise. It was good. Interesting premise. My DD from CA had picked up salad a cheesecake for dessert. I was good and didn't eat any, but I was still full from my pizza. Mine had a bunch of veggies on it.

Saturday was more family stuff.
The day started out with the family going to IHOP for breakfast. My sister and 2 of my nieces joined them. I opted not to go because I had a bunch of stuff to do (and I didn't know that my sis and nieces were going to be there). I had also ordered my groceries which were to be delivered late morning. It was better for me anyway. I went out to DD's about 1 and we went to the movies and saw Hail Caesar. It was pretty good; better than I thought it was going to be and then we went out to dinner and my sister and nieces were there plus a great nephew and a great niece and her gf. There were 12 of us. We had to wait a half hour for our table so we all went outside. It was pretty windy and I finally ended up going back inside after about 20 minutes and then the rest of them came inside also to wait. This morning my throat was a little scratchy. Not bad like it was last week. I've been taking tylenol today and it seems to be getting better. Dinner was good (Mexican) and I brought half of mine home for lunch today.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:12 PM   #4443
Quacker Stamper

3 of my Monarch chysallis's hatched last week. The first one came out while it was still kind of cold out and it wouldn't fly away. At one point I found it laying on it's side on the ground, but picked it up and put it in a pot with some milkweed sticks in it. There are no leaves on any of my plants, but I think they will still eat off the stalks. It seemed to perk up a bit, but it still wouldn't fly away. Finally on Thursday it got kind of warm and 2 more of the Monarchs hatched out and they all flew away. None of them were in the yard when I got home from work. I still have 4 or 5 more that need to hatch.

Old 02-15-2016, 04:57 AM   #4444
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

If I'd been here yesterday - Valentine's Day - I am sure we would have talked about love,
so here it is, a day late...

I hope you'll forgive me... I'm not going to read the thread to catch up on the days i was gone. Instead, I'm going to trust that you'll tell me if I missed something important, okay? I you!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:31 AM   #4445
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning All--Happy Monday and Happy President's Day!

We had a great time in Chicago, but it was a slow drive home on snowy roads last night! It is lightly snowing again this morning, but we are not to get much. It is to be 50 on Friday with rain! I am swapping out the Congratulations cards today and will mail them tomorrow. It will be a short week for me as we are heading to Punta Cana on Friday for a quick, warm, relaxing 4 night vacation! I am excited and ready for a getaway!!!!!! No laptop--just a couple of books and the goal to enjoy the sunshine!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:34 AM   #4446
Gabfest Goddess

Hello everyone. I'm starting to get back into the groove, and that means more regular check ins with my friends here on SCS.

Barb, I hope you REALLY enjoy the warm getaway. We had -35 degrees last weekend, that is just way too cold.

Jeanette, hugs & prayers for all of you.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:40 AM   #4447

Hi Barb! I want to go along... ready for warmer weather!

Hi Darlene! Thanks! It sure is good to see you!!!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:57 AM   #4448
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good afternoon - spend the morning running around!

Maggie, I would love to see your chrysalis' open up - I bet that is a vision! Do you have a butterfly garden or flowers on a trellis somewhere? My neighbor behind us (and o'er the fence!) had a butterfly garden and we loved watching them flitter around and dance about in flight.

Glad you are enjoying your family visits Dinner sounds Yummy ( you had me at cheesecake! LOL!) I think tonight will be PFChangs - my dd brought home hoards of food at closing so we'll just heat that up *slurp!*

Welcome home, Jeanette ♥ and Barb, how fabulous! Our church does countless mission trips to the DR - it's warm and inviting and the cost of living is ridiculously low so vacations so you wont' break the bank. And Darlene, so good to see you, dear!

We are getting rain today - had a ton of errands this morning, starting at Starbucks, of course! I charged it to my iPhone, then just now realized the coffee never rang up * I was worried that the baristas drawer would be short so I called the manager and she was LOLing saying don't worry about it, she wont' be in trouble but thank you for calling - so that was an unexpected but nice surprise - Free 'Bux ~ Picked up my new glasses and they are TERRIBLE .... blurry up close, they fit horrible, and all they kept saying is "take them anyway and just get used to them, it takes a week." By the time I got home, I had a huge headache! This is a big I told you so - I went with a cheaper store, advertising a great deal and the old adage "you get what you pay for" came true this time

You may have seen from my blog post today that dd got a call from Disney - from an old video she went in - they want her next month at a casting call for a role in a show at Disney's Animal Kingdom (thud!) I doubt she will entertain the idea - she has so much scholarship money, and her special honey (boyfriend!) ♥ I'm sure she won't want to leave either, lol, but we're going to the audition anyway for kicks and giggles and you just never know. My other daughter is leaving for Disney as well and spending Spring Break there with her besties and their beaus ...... yes, they will have a parent chaperone, LOL, though at 21-23, none of the kids need one - they are amazing kids. The mom wanted to go to Disney, too, so we all agreed she will be mommy to the group for the week

Laundry and my floors beckon me now that I'm home!

Scattering love and hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:15 AM   #4449
Quacker Stamper

Howdy! Glad to see Barb and Jeanette back from their trips safe and sound and good to see Darlene back once again. Yeah! Hail, hail, the gang's all here! Almost anyway. I think Kel has to much on her plate for us right now. She's working, in school, had 3 kids, and on a bunch of DT's. She and Kelly should compete for "most busy."

I don't have to go anywhere for warmer weather! I think Spring has Sprung. It's up in the 70's all week and may get to 80 by Friday! I really want to get back out to walk, but my throat is still a little scratchy this morning, so decided I better wait until tomorrow.

Kelly, I've never seen one actually open up and have the butterfly come out. They usually do that early in the morning or during the night. I almost did one time, but I went in the house to get ready for work and not an hour later when I checked back it was already out drying it's wings. Maybe one of these days I can get a video of one of them. They are amazing. I do have 2 butterfly/hummingbird bushes and a few flowering plants that they like. I want to get a landscape company to come do my flower beds for me this year. Just need to call them. They all need a ton of work done on them. Not sure if I'll have them keep coming to take care of them over the summer.

Does one of your DD's work at PF Chang's? Their food is incredible. Love it. Congrats to your DD. I hope the audition goes well even if she decides not to take the role. It's good experience. So nice of SB to give you free latte today.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:57 AM   #4450
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Tuesday!!!

Old 02-16-2016, 05:01 AM   #4451

Woo Hoo! How exciting to be called for a Disney audition. Kelly, I hope your DD has fun with the audition even if she doesn't want the job.

Oh Maggie, to be so close to seeing it open and then miss it must have been a huge disappointment.

Barb, now you've made me hungry for a cupcake! Sheesh!

It seems I'm busy, Busy, BUSY. (I know that word a bit too well at times, too.) So I tend to peek my head in the threads in the morning and then never make it back again until the next morning. Sheesh!

But I do love seeing all of you and catching up on the news!

Yesterday we went out of state (to the city 1 1/2 hours away) to make two hospital visits. I drove - I'll chauffeur DH anywhere for a Starbucks.......... so enjoyed my treat on the drive home. (Brock chose Olive Garden for supper - I was so happy!!!)

Today I need to study - our first VBS Workshop is next weekend and I'm no where near ready. EEK! It's a 3-hour workshop... so takes a lot of preparation. So much to do; so little time.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-16-2016, 08:06 PM   #4452

Checking in before the night is through... I will be gone all day tomorrow, so I'll see you again on Thursday!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-17-2016, 07:51 AM   #4454
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Woo Hoo! How exciting to be called for a Disney audition. Kelly, I hope your DD has fun with the audition even if she doesn't want the job.

Oh Maggie, to be so close to seeing it open and then miss it must have been a huge disappointment.

Barb, now you've made me hungry for a cupcake! Sheesh!

It seems I'm busy, Busy, BUSY. (I know that word a bit too well at times, too.) So I tend to peek my head in the threads in the morning and then never make it back again until the next morning. Sheesh!

But I do love seeing all of you and catching up on the news!

Yesterday we went out of state (to the city 1 1/2 hours away) to make two hospital visits. I drove - I'll chauffeur DH anywhere for a Starbucks.......... so enjoyed my treat on the drive home. (Brock chose Olive Garden for supper - I was so happy!!!)

Today I need to study - our first VBS Workshop is next weekend and I'm no where near ready. EEK! It's a 3-hour workshop... so takes a lot of preparation. So much to do; so little time.

Yes, it was, but I hope to have lots more this coming season. Also thinking of planting Dillweed to attract Swallowtail butterflies. One of my niece's does this and she released 3 last year.

VBS already?????
Old 02-17-2016, 05:47 PM   #4455
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy late check in!

Maggie - or happy Maggie as I call you (to myself, anyway!) always so cheerful and wonderful thoughtful posts. Your butterflies sound like they know where they have a place to land - landscaped or not I've noticed a lot of activity around my dd's citrus tree -the hybrid orange and lime tree - not sure what part of it is attracting them but they are definitely active.

Yep, dd works at Changs! Holy Canoli, the food!! Oh my. It is DIVINE. One of my favorite restaurants, but it's not something you can eat often or oh my, the pounds! One of the perks is she works closing and since the food is tossed, they are allowed to bring it home. Many times that's the next day's lunch.

Yes, the free Starbucks was a nice treat - that's my daily vice. I don't eat much, but cannot function without my beloved Starbucks ♥ But a busy mom on the go, I NEED it! (or so I keep telling myself and that works, ha!)

Did anyone order from SU! from the SAB? I placed a little order and it arrived - I keep waiting for a free moment at home to ink them up! I can't wait! I sold off 75% of my stamps last year (purged and sold for the Dog Ranch) and just got so sad looking at the same 3-4 stamps over and over, lol - I decided to spend some of my 'sock money' and get some fresh new sets. Seeing that brown SU box on the porch is like Christmas!

Maxine, very scary that you were near something so dangerous and glad you are all okay! It seems like the news is always bringing some scary weather from somewhere.
How is Jordan - has he had a good recovery progress? I'm thinking you mentioned he might be back to work, but I could be thinking of something else.

This week has been BONKERS ..... then again, when are they not! Aside from little man doing his scout meeting, he has another one on Friday for the bridging ceremony and a banquet - guess who got roped into helping with that *Me!* dd17 has had rehearsal x2 this week (and I nearly jumped for joy when the 3rd was cancelled - halleluah!) Of course the kids aren't complaining because I'm gone from sun-up to sun-down with no time to cook so we've been rolling through Boston Market or Pizza or KFC every night. If not, it would be Ramen noodles and grilled cheese - LOL!!! (though that works for me!)

Scattering love and hugs!
Old 02-17-2016, 08:01 PM   #4456
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hi ladies : )

What a week- it is flying by and I am not as busy as Kelly, just the week is flying by: ) I have 2 weeks off work and looking forward to it. Ray and I are going to Dallas to visit my brother and his family (he is very fun, and funny too, so looking forward to it : ) ) We will take off and go to Austin for the weekend and visit nieces and nephews there.

I was planning on going to Ky when I get back, but my eldest sis wants to go that weekend, so I will go 2 weeks later, which will be Dads B-day and St Patricks day.

We had a wonderful time in Dubuque- it is about 3 hours from here- rolling hills. The downtown has no chain stores, so it is fun to drive around and see what all is there- old houses, and cool scenery. It is on the Mississippi, so there are bluffs with big Victorian houses overlooking the downtown and the river. Galena Ill is across the river, which is a cool area. We saw some Eagles too- and I was really hoping for that. They did not make us wait- came and said hello right away- so beautiful!!! Oh, and got a snowstorm on the way home- Yeah for all wheel drive! And no deer in the road : )

I read back- feel like lots of reading in the past week. I love our group here and you are all such a blessing- and I look forward to coming here and seeing what everyone is up to, and getting to blogs and seeing what you are creating too! I will get to blogs tomorrow nite after work R on Friday.

We are having friends over for dinner Friday nite, so have to get house ready and find a meat free entree........

Shelly
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:29 AM   #4457

Yes, Barb, my Wednesday WAS happy; how about yours?

Maggie, the VBS Workshops are held in February - April. We teach the teachers... so we have to do them early so the teachers have time to prepare for their VBS's which usually happen in June - August. We have 4 workshops in our state - one in Chicagoland, one in southern Illinois and two in the central area. They are all four the same - so one prep and teach it 4 times. It's a lot of fun!

Kelly, what SU set/s did you buy????

Shelly, have a great vacation - how fun to go visit your brother! I used to love going to Dubuque when we lived in northern Illinois.... it is a fun town!

Dear me... I've been awake since 3:00 and since I couldn't go back to sleep, I decided to get up. Yikes! I wonder if there is a nap in my future??? Not! I have a meeting this morning and a conference call meeting this afternoon. Oh well. Guess I'll sleep tonight.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-18-2016, 05:28 AM   #4458
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Thursday! I have two errands to do today and hope to clear off my stamp table by completing a swap. We leave very early tomorrow morning--before 4:00 am--for the airport. I checked the weather for Punta Cana and the temps are to be in the 80's, but it is showing rain for Friday-Sunday.................... I wish I had not looked! But, it will be warm and that is why we are going!

See everyone next week on Wednesday--have a good weekend and a great start to the new week!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:08 AM   #4459

Hi Barb... well shucks! Too bad you looked. I hope you'll have a good time, even if it does rain.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-18-2016, 09:22 AM   #4460
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning all!

Another busy start - Starbucks line was EMPTY again - they must have known I was on my way? LOL That's twice in a row and it's usually wrapped around the block. Got the kids off to school, then zipped off to the college to pick up my daughter as she is going out with friends and only one car is needed - always fun to spend the morning chatting and having our car concerts!

Later, I'm heading to my other daughter's classroom to be her assistant with her African Art masks that the children made with balloons and paper mache and a whole lotta paint! They are precious. I smiled at the memory of just 15 years ago, the roles were reversed - I was helping her paint in a preschool classroom ♥

Since I'm home for an hour only, I'm going to head outside in the gorgeous sunshine and give our two stinky dogs a bath! LOL!

Barb - here's to a great trip with NO RAIN ...... we won't allow it! And to Jeanette's nap! (almost typed lap - awkward!) Jeanette, I scooped up the Beautiful Ride set and the Happy Home set, but 2 SAB sets (honeycomb and botanicals) and a script set - which the name escapes me now ....... can't wait to get those inked!

Shel, your description of the trip is absolutely DREAMY!! There is nothing more serene and heart warming for the soul that an trip away - even if it's just to the farms or rolling hills. One of the things I looked forward to the most when dd was contemplated FSU was just that - how the area around was still so rolling and green and just a step back in time! Old men in rockers on the wrap around wooden porches, dogs by their sides - everyone friendly and saying hi. Get back to Miami and it's lets just get through the day without anyone screaming at someone or cutting you off in traffic! LOL! How fun that dad shares a birthday with St Patricks! I hope you tell him they turn the river green in his honor!

Scattering love!
Old 02-18-2016, 11:44 AM   #4461

LOL! Lap/nap... neither one is happening, Kelly! Oh what fun stamps... hope you get to enjoy them soon!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-19-2016, 04:12 AM   #4462
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks, J! Today definitely will not be the say - as I'm about to commute! All day! And then a field trip to see The Lion King. And tonight is our huge Boy Scout banquet and crossing over - our little man isnt' so little it seems. Did you sleep better?

Shelly, did you get your car back?

Have a good Friday girls -- no chance of getting inky here today Barb, may the sun be shining where you are!!!!!!

Scattering hugs!
Old 02-19-2016, 04:22 AM   #4463

- and it's going to be a busy one for me -

Kelly, have fun seeing the Lion King today... and be safe out and about!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-19-2016, 06:08 PM   #4464
Mad Swapper

Hello all - it is still warm here after a couple of rainy day s earlier in the week - the gardens loved the rain!!

DD and family have shared their cold and I am MISERABLE - it won't last but in the meantime I am having a pity party. I have managed several cards this week, thankfully.

Good to see you popping in more regularly Darlene, and to hear you are still in the land if the living Lynn.

Jeanette and Kelly I don't know how you do all that you do, you both put the Energiser Bunny to shame!

Maggie your butterflies sound wonderful - there are a huge number of wasps around this year, and so the monarch caterpillars are getting sucked dry by them and not pupating .

Shelly it sounds as though you and Barb are having a well deserved break - enjoy your travels and stay safe.

Waving to you all from down here
Old 02-20-2016, 05:15 AM   #4465

Oh Maxine, you are so sweet to pair me with Kelly, but seriously............ she runs circles around me. I could in no way keep up with her busy schedule.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-21-2016, 05:00 PM   #4466
Insane Embellisher

I'm so sorry it has been so long since I have checked in!! I have just caught up since the beginning of the month. It's mind boggling that there is only a week left in February.

Darlene - Happy belated Birthday!!

Jeanette - I'm so very sorry on the loss of your MIL.

Shelly - sounds like you are coming and going on several fun trips! Enjoy!

Maggie - Love reading about your butterflies. I hope you can catch one on video someday!

Lynn - sending hugs!

Kelly - So cool that your daughter gets to audition for Disney! I wonder if it's for their new Rivers of Light show opening up in April?? I follow a lot of younger kids on Instagram that work there through the college program and go back afterwards. I think they have fun but the benefits/pay isn't all that great. Your DD probably has a much better thing going for her at school. It is neat that they called her!

Maxine - Yes, I was doing great at blogging my pages daily. I struggled for over a week just getting one done daily and had to stop blogging them right away.

Barb - I hope you are enjoying Punta Cana!! I'd take the rain in warm weather lol!

As for me, these last few days have been really good. I had a few weeks where I was really struggling to do anything. I thought the winter depression wouldn't hit me this year since we were having a mild one. Then we started getting storms every week and we got arctic cold weather.

My sister and BIL brought the kids over last Monday since we had the holiday off. It was a really nice visit. Madelyn will be 8 weeks old on Tuesday! She's getting so big! She's a little lovebug

We are going to watch the Disneyland special and I will comment on blogs during commercials. I have been horrible about it and I am truly sorry for that!
Old 02-22-2016, 04:50 AM   #4467

Thank you Kristi!

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I did.

But, alas,
all good things must come to an end...

And my plans for today are making me a bit teary. I made the decision that it was time to find a doctor closer to home - no health problems - but 3 1/2 hours is a long way to go to visit the doctor, especially if I should develop health issues. So, today, for the first time in 32 years I am seeing a new doctor.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-22-2016, 07:51 AM   #4468
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Thank you Kristi!

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I did.

[CENTER]But, alas,
all good things must come to an end...

And my plans for today are making me a bit teary. I made the decision that it was time to find a doctor closer to home - no health problems - but 3 1/2 hours is a long way to go to visit the doctor, especially if I should develop health issues. So, today, for the first time in 32 years I am seeing a new doctor.

I hope the visit with the new doctor goes well. I know it has to be hard to say good bye to the old doctor. It does make more sense to have one close to home, just in case you need to get there quickly to be seen. Hugs!
Old 02-22-2016, 11:41 AM   #4469

Thanks Kristie... funny thing.. as I was backing out of the driveway to go this morning, the doctor's office called to reschedule. Dr. is sick to day. UGH! Now I have to go through all this fretting again on Wednesday.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-22-2016, 03:06 PM   #4470
Mad Swapper

I hear you Jeanette. Our GP left town about six years ago, and we had a series of locums over the next three years, and finally we have young Dr (younger than my offspring) from Belgium who has been here two years and staying on at this point - thankfully!!
Old 02-22-2016, 03:09 PM   #4471

Maxine, I hope your doctor stays a long time............ this changing is the pits.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-23-2016, 03:31 AM   #4472

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-23-2016, 09:34 AM   #4473
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends ♥ I haven't fallen off the face of the earth! (just kinda feel like I did, lol!) I'm tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired! Busy weekend, already busy week - running around to the High School, elementary school, college (twice, thanks dd for forgetting your paper! ) and yesterday was double dentist for dd17 and ds11, who managed to score yet another cavity. Had to rush and drop her off at rehearsal and come back to a squeeze in for him to get that fixed - right under where his braces band was for 2 years. I was not so happy but what can you do. By the time I got home at dark last night, I could barely get up off the couch ....

... all to hear the joyous chorus of "MOMMY! What's for dinner?!" LOL!! Fun-ny.

Times like that I wish my kids had eaten Chef Boyardee! (I don't buy it)

Today was school drop offs and bible study - got to church to see a sign on the door that "Bible Study has the flu." Not the leader. Or members. But Bible Study. LOL! I had to laugh and laugh So it's nice to have an unexpected morning home - yep, in my own house - where I can mop the floors, toss in some laundry, and make a few beds!

Barb - I hope your trip went MARVELOUS!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. And Jeanette, I feel for you - I've been with my OB/GYN, who delivered 3 of my 4 babies - the 3rd one was too impatient to wait for him to make it to the hospital and I ended up nearly having her in triage!) for 24 years now. While he's NO LONGER MY OB (just sayin!), he's an amazing dr and I'll be crying the day he retires.

Great cards, all - I'll be make another round and leave love to those that have recently posted!

Scattering hugs to all!
Old 02-23-2016, 01:24 PM   #4474

Hi Kelly... well, gee.... who'd a thunk that a Bible study could have the flu??? But at least that resulted in a wee bit of time at home for you.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-23-2016, 07:25 PM   #4475
Pearl-ExPert

Not even going to attempt to figure out what everyone has said and done lately. Just hope everyone is doing great though!
We're plugging along. My blogging and commenting have taken a nose dive for a while. Just the way it is right now. I'll get by to everyone's blog when I can.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:40 PM   #4476

Hi Lynn.... been thinking of you and praying for you and Jim! (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Kiwime likes this post.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:46 AM   #4477

Oh, oh, OH! I think Barb got home from vacation last night.... I sure hope we see Smoochy today!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-24-2016, 09:33 AM   #4478
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--yes, I am home but I could not find Smoochy to send kisses to all!

We had a great trip. First time at an all-inclusive resort and also the first time in the Caribbean. It was wonderful! 4 nights was just about right--maybe one more night would be good. Great food, beautiful resort and wonderful weather--it did rain on the way from the airport to the resort, then again on and off on Sunday and a lit yesterday in the morning before we left.

I am headed down to the treadmill for a workout--we did lots of walking as well as a couple of times at the fitness center--but I need to get back to my routine here!

Have a fantastic day everyone!!!
Old 02-24-2016, 06:44 PM   #4479

Well, drats! Barb goes on vacation and then loses Smoochy! That's just not right.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-24-2016, 06:55 PM   #4480
Quacker Stamper

Good evening Stamp Addicts! Sorry I haven't been around, but what I thought last week was allergies, turned out to be a sinus infection! I go back to work tomorrow finally. I hate taking days off to be sick, no fun in that.

Everything went fine with my sis's surgery on Monday. They were late getting her in because of more pre-op tests they needed to do that she didn't know about. It all went well though and she was back home by 4 PM. I haven't had the chance to talk to her yet, but plan to do that sometime tomorrow. I've been letting her rest up from the stress.

I did spend some time in my stamp room over the weekend and got all my stamps organized in my large pullout drawers in categories. I think I might be able to find stuff now. I'd really like to make a binder with copies of all the stamps that I have, but that is a huge project that will take some time to do. I did also get my dies organized. If I didn't have a photo of it, I ran the dies through my Vagabond and then glued them on cardstock and put those in page protectors in a binder. I have all my dies organized in categories on my metallic art bin sheets. I have a couple left over, so I'm going to have to order a few more of the metallic sheets for them.