Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-05-2016, 06:02 AM   #4401
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--Welcome to Friday!!!!

I have a couple of stops this morning before heading to hostess club at 1:00. I am shopping at a few area businesses to request donations for the Fur Ball next month. I will put together a couple of silent auction baskets for the event. AND--since I am hostess this month for club, it will be fun to make my list of free items!

Have a great day and a fantastic start to the Super Bowl weekend!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:36 PM   #4402
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Friday!

Today was 'take your child to work day" so I had my children drive around, clean the house, grocery shop, cook, and make cards - just for starters! LOL!!!

I let them stay home from school today - as going to work with dh is out of the question! Imagine: Sitting in a therapy session with a bespeckled 11 year old taking notes ............ LMBO.

I actually ran a quick errand (appt) and got new glasses - ugly as sin, but at least I'll be able to see! In a week ......... unless they come in sooner And Wednesday I did my rounds at the (a-hem!) craft stores ........ I stopped in Hobby Lobby for glue/tape and YA'LL - all the stamp sets are 40% (no coupon needed) and they had ALL THE NEW Art Impression stamps in ........ those are a hoot! I did Joann's and Mikes as well - left Joanns with envelopes and Mikes empty handed ........ but did score at Tuesday Morning! I love it when I'm at the right place, right time.

Jeanette, oh be still my heart - what a great mama B will be to Barrow! He looks like he's going to be HUGE!!! What will happen when she's home for the holidays - does he fly back with her, stay there ....... is there a vet in town to get him the shots you were looking for? I'm happy she finally got her doggie - I remember when you said daddy said no when she was little. Have a safe trip, my friend!

Shel, that is terrible about changing the numbers on your check!!!!!
We had that happen in our pregnancy group - and like you, I would have never known something was wrong. I don't assume the worst or check up on people, but we got a suspicious email - get this - from the MOM of the girl in the group saying (after the ordeal of the baby, fire, etc) that she had just died suddenly in a tragic car accident and was going to have to raise the newborn grandbaby by herself on a limited budget and could we please send money? Hello, red flag! I don't know about your but my mom wouldn't even know about you guys, let alone what groups or forums or any passwords and you'd be hard to alert if something was wrong, kwim?! I just let it go but one of the ladies tried to contact the town newspaper to get the funeral and burial information for flowers and they were like "what are you talking about." Turns out, it never happened either. One lady was SO MAD she sent her brother, who happened to live an hour away, AND was a sheriff's deputy to investigate, and that's how the whole story unraveled, piece by piece. It was devastating - I mean, we were all online friends for years, and we just never knew

Aren't we glad we are special ladies and friends and all things beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ♥ you all!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 02-05-2016, 03:59 PM   #4403
Pearl-ExPert

Just checking in..........all is rocking along down this way in Texas. Ready for some spring time weather. We actually did see the low 80's last week but it was only for a couple of days. Hopefully soon. Maxine is sliding into winter and we're headed to summer.

Hope everyone is doing good. Shelly, I saw that on FB about the check and all! So awful but I'm glad you caught it. I never would have even noticed!
Old 02-06-2016, 09:55 AM   #4404
Gabfest Goddess

Hi everyone. I'm going to try getting back in the habit of checking in here at least 1/day. I miss our conversations and the connection to all of you. But for some reason everything seems to take so much energy right now. I'm a lot better than a few weeks ago, but still not myself.

Anyway, going to try making some cards now. Wishing all of you a good weekend. Lynn, glad you're getting signs of Spring. We just got 10" of heavy, wet snow, more on the way in a couple of days.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 02-06-2016, 04:37 PM   #4405
Quacker Stamper

Time sure flies, can't believe I haven't posted since Wednesday. The sore throat was still a problem and with the fever, I decided I needed to see my doctor. My throat doctor was in surgery and then gone until the 12th, so I went to see my primary. He checked for strep, but it wasn't that. My throat was really, really through. He had to have the intern that was observing look at it too. It wasn't just allergies. I reminded him that I had something similar last year and the throat doctor prescribed Bactrim, so he went ahead and gave me a prescription for that. Today is the first day that I've really felt good.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 02-06-2016, 04:42 PM   #4406
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Shelly - So sorry to hear you had a fender bender and while you were trying to save money! Drats! Glad everyone is okay though.

Jeanette - Sorry you were having issues with my blog. It's the only instance I've heard of that happening. Glad it worked fine today.

Maggie - Hope the allergies or whatever is bothering you clears up. I groaned when I read you were having A/C issues as I remember all the trouble you had with your old car! I hope Paisley will be okay, good luck with giving her medicine.

Kelly - Congrats to your DD on her $$ for school!

Monday was not a good day...our close knit little Disney group (the one where I met some people in September) discovered some issues with a member and it was pretty shocking to us all. Some changes were made after that to protect our group. Then I found out a dear online friend from a scrapbooking group has skin cancer on her head and also a mass in her head. Testing is still being done before surgery can be scheduled and treatments decided. I got to meet this friend a few summers ago when she and her husband were passing through town. She has a strong faith that I am hoping will carry her through this and well as all the support she has gotten already.

It is not going to be easy getting through these 29 days of pages. What was I thinking? I do think pushing myself to do it is probably better than wallowing letting everything get to me. Last night Mike and I had a date night. It was a nice few hours out and I got to clear my head a bit.
Hopefully, I hear something about Paisley after the weekend. Yes, I need to call the service department to get the service on the a/c scheduled. It needs a fuel check up too. I took it in early this morning to the Quick Lane to get the oil changed.

So sorry about your friend's health issues. I completely believe in the power of prayer, so will be sending up some for her and her family. Sorry about the friend that you've had to banish from the group. Must have been bad.

Glad you were able to get out and spend some time with your DH.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #4407
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Late afternoon check in! What a day!! ALL. DAY. LONG. on the road. Oh I just about passed out going to pick up dd/ds .... with traffic, spending all day in the car back and forth ....... whew! I'm going to apply for UBER! hee hee!

DD has her truck back ... whoop! boyfriend took her to pick it up and she wasn't happy about a chunk of her paycheck fixing it, but as we tried to tell the kids often,
"Welcome to Adult!"

Kristi, you are correct! Now she can drive herself again so one less kid I'm sorry to hear about your Disney group, whatever the trouble was ... but I'm sure it will strengthen the bond with the remaining friends and bring you closer! I was in a pregnancy forum with my dd Victoria, then 2 years after all the kids births, we found out one of the ladies was never even pregnant or had a kid (or a house fire, etc!) The massive amount of fraud that ensued was so heartbreaking. We send her things for the pregnancy, collected $$ for her birth, then the fire ........ oh my. You know the saying, once burned .......... but in my heart, we meant well and whatever we lost monetarily, I would have felt even worst had it been real and not to have helped at all - kwim? Rambling ........

Gotta help little man with science ......... well, just supervise, since I'm clueless! He has Math/Science Bowl this Saturday at a nearby college ..... dd is taking the SAT (college) so dh will have to take him and cheer him on (and send mama pictures!)

I will catch up, I hope, tomorrow! *crossing fingers!*

Scattering love and hugs!
Glad to hear that DD has her truck back. Yes, welcome to the real world. At least it is one less trip you have to make, well 2 actually; taking her there and picking her up after.

Wow! that is terrible what that lady did. I see things like that on tv, but don't always think that it happens to real people. What goes around, comes around, so she will get her just desserts in time.

Hope things went well for DS today.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:49 PM   #4408
Quacker Stamper

k
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello to all. Wet chilly day- not raining but a mist in the air...... Good day to stay in and get things done..or not : )

Kristie- my husband thinks that was an awesome weekend and knows right away who Hall of Famer Fred Lynn is ...... Bet the snow is beautiful, but it is a pain- has it started melting yet? Sorry about your fraud in your group- crazy! I sent a check and a card to a little girl who was severly burned out East and is the only surviving family member, etc....and my check was altered in the amount box- and the band debited my acct for an extra $100.00 I called in and they fixed it right away, but cannot imagine someone doing that. Wonder WHO would do that and HOW many people had it happen and do not notice. (I would never notice, but hubby watches checks and Visa like a hawk- he catches so much stuff!

Barb- the Fur Ball sound like so much fun! I too would like to see pics of the decorations- sounds really cool : )

Maggie- glad hand is better and hoping your throat improves swiftly! And, don't laugh- I checked all of the blowers when I got in my car today- glad to say they are all working just fine! So sorry about your kitty- so sad! I do not worry about comments from challenge blogs- and that is why I got off a DT- too many people don't do the commenting and no one says anything to them..... I see them comment from other teams, so some teams do watch.... Whatever........ I love winning an occasional challenge, so that is good enough for me.an

Jeanette- so did your daughter get her dog as a little puppy? Does she have to run home during the day to take him/her out....awwwwww!

Kelly- what grade is your little guy in this year??? Congrats to him and wishing him the best for this weekend. And. also to your daughter! So, what type of coffee do you make at home?

Waving hello to all

Shelly
Wow! More fraud. Did they think that you wouldn't notice an extra $100 missing from your bank account?? That's one of those "dumb crooks" things. I'm the same as your DH, I look at my account most every day and I keep it all on Quicken, so I know exactly what I'm spending and I'd notice $100 missing.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:54 PM   #4409
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Oh Shelly, that's awful about the check. Just awful!

Yes, DD's Barrow is a puppy. No one wanted him and he would not have survived had someone not taken him... the natives don't place much value on homeless dogs. So she took him. He's a handful right now - all puppy and growing fast. But he is quickly becoming a great companion for her. She actually takes him to the home of one of her fellow teachers during the school day - a family member there watches him... and Barrow gets to play with their two dogs, which is good for him.

Speaking of Friday... I'm heading out of town early tomorrow morning for meeting after meeting, after meeting. Yes, I actually have three different meetings in our state offices over the next 4 days - none on Sunday but it makes no sense to drive home 3 1/2 hours to turn around and go back in about 16 hours... so I'm staying in the city. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... might need to go to Michael's, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's................ oh, and Chipotle and Starbucks, too!

I will be home late Monday night and back in the threads on Tuesday. Have a great weekend!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
That was so sweet of your DD to rescue Barrow and that she has a dog sitter while she's at school. I'm sure he's nice to snuggle with in the cold evenings. I'd have a dog if they weren't so much work.

Hope your meetings went well and that you were able to make your other stops too.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:56 PM   #4410
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning--Welcome to Friday!!!!

I have a couple of stops this morning before heading to hostess club at 1:00. I am shopping at a few area businesses to request donations for the Fur Ball next month. I will put together a couple of silent auction baskets for the event. AND--since I am hostess this month for club, it will be fun to make my list of free items!

Have a great day and a fantastic start to the Super Bowl weekend!
Hope you had a good time at hostess club. What did you order?

I hope the area businesses were generous for your event. It's so worthwhile.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:58 PM   #4411
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Just checking in..........all is rocking along down this way in Texas. Ready for some spring time weather. We actually did see the low 80's last week but it was only for a couple of days. Hopefully soon. Maxine is sliding into winter and we're headed to summer.

Hope everyone is doing good. Shelly, I saw that on FB about the check and all! So awful but I'm glad you caught it. I never would have even noticed!
Good to hear from you Lynn. Jim is doing okay?
Old 02-06-2016, 05:00 PM   #4412
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hi everyone. I'm going to try getting back in the habit of checking in here at least 1/day. I miss our conversations and the connection to all of you. But for some reason everything seems to take so much energy right now. I'm a lot better than a few weeks ago, but still not myself.

Anyway, going to try making some cards now. Wishing all of you a good weekend. Lynn, glad you're getting signs of Spring. We just got 10" of heavy, wet snow, more on the way in a couple of days.
Hi Darlene, So glad to see you here. I'm sure it's going to take some time for everything to seem "normal." You've been through a terrible ordeal.

Glad you're getting your stamping groove on again.

Sorry about all the snow. So glad that we don't have to deal with that down here.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #4413
Quacker Stamper

I hate having to take time off from work to be sick. I was such a slug all week too. I was not very productive. I did do a little bit of stamping here and there, but not a lot.

Today I've been working on my Clothing Class that I bought from Kit & Clowder. Wow! It's really hard getting those little teeny lines like she does. I know that I really need a lot more practice.

I went to the PO after getting the oil change and sent off boxes to my DGD's for Valentine's Day. I also have something for the 2 DGC here. I had to return a couple things to Papertrey Ink. I love their mini stamp sets and the dies. I"m collecting them and can't wait to start using them. I had somehow ordered duplicates of 2 items and they are pretty pricey, so I'm glad that they will take them back and give me a refund.

No company tomorrow, but I'm making ribs and sauerkraut in the slow cooker tomorrow. My Super Bowl food.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #4414
Mad Swapper

Oh Maggie - you really have had a rough week {{{{{hugs}}}}} and I hopeyou stay well for ages

Kelly it's always good to see you - even if you are in as rush - hopefully the rushing will ease a bit now and you can drink your coffee in peace and not on the run . Isn't it ghastly when you come across fraud like that in a supposed friendly group Glad you did not get caught financially, but it sure leaves a sour taste afterwards.

Lynn - I am always pleased to see you popping and - and blogging. Glad to hear things are well for you at the moment, and that spring is starting to show it's face.

Darlene you must be well sick of all that snow - so glad we rarely get it near us. Good to see you here too, and I hope we can see some more of you. Don't be too hard on yourself, you have had a battering these past few years and it will take time to recover - praying for you.

Shelly its wonderful to know that life has been with out a crisis this week - it seemed though you were lurching from one to another with your folks - have they accepted they help they need, and not fired the help you set in place?

Kristie I see you are managing really well with your challenge - you go giorl, and take card of your foot.

Jeanette I hope the meetings are going well for you - looking forward to hearing from you again in the coming week

It is still hot here, 28 oC today.... we have had some rain the past couple of days, but it is back to watering the gardens again tonight. .

A bit scary about North Korea's rocket launch...
Old 02-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #4415
Mad Swapper

Sorry about the spelling in the above
Old 02-07-2016, 01:04 PM   #4416
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon--Happy Sunday! It is a bright, sunny day here and I hope you are having a good one. It is Super Bowl Sunday, so I have been watching all of the pre-game along with getting some of the recent swap packages I have received recorded and organized. I am hoping for a Bronco win, but I just hope for a close game!

Have a Super Sunday!!!!!
Old 02-08-2016, 06:08 AM   #4417
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning, everyone!

Congrats to all rooting for the Broncos on your win! Me
Old 02-08-2016, 06:33 AM   #4418
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Welcome to a new week and it does start with a Monday!

I thought the game was a good one yesterday and the commercials were a hoot--especially the Kevin Hart one with "tracking" his daughter's date! We got a dusting of snow overnight and maybe another inch today. I hope you have a great day!
Old 02-08-2016, 10:49 AM   #4419
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning--Welcome to a new week and it does start with a Monday!

I thought the game was a good one yesterday and the commercials were a hoot--especially the Kevin Hart one with "tracking" his daughter's date! We got a dusting of snow overnight and maybe another inch today. I hope you have a great day!
I watched most of it, but went in to bed about 9.

I think the WORST commercial was that "Dog, Monkey, Baby" thing. What was the point of that stunt. I thought it was weird. Yes, the Kevin Hart was was funny.

So, I'm back to work today. Haven't seen my boss yet though. He came in early and left about 7:30 for something (nothing on his calendar) and we haven't heard from him since. I've been checking his Outlook and he hasn't looked at any messages from this morning either.

Sunday I made my Super Bowl food - pork ribs and sauerkraut in the slow cooker with a good cooking sauce. The ribs are so good and nice and tender. Will keep me in lunches this week especially since our mediation on Wednesday cancelled

I did work on a Teapot Tuesday card and love how it turned out. Can't wait to post it tomorrow in the thread.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:03 PM   #4420
Pearl-ExPert

LOL! That dog, monkey, baby thing was absolutely the most freakish thing I'd ever seen. Definitely a horrible, horrible commercial! Weird!

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Darlene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:32 PM   #4421
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, I am with you! So creepy! The floor mat commercial- is a place about 45 minutes from us- Made in America- Wahoo! We watched the game and were not really wow'd by the commercials. The wiener dog one was soooo cute, and we liked the Honda commercial......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLENE!!! Hope you have a fab day : )

Shelly
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:41 PM   #4422
Mad Swapper

Happy Birthday Darlene
-
May the year ahead bring you much joy.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:29 AM   #4423
Swapper of the Month March 2013

I've loved reading the posts - yay! Darlene was here.... and Lynn too! Maggie was sick but seems to be feeling better! Kelly got a day off from running around and spent it shopping! Barb is working on a great fundraiser! Shelly checked in, too! How fun!

Happy Belated Birthday, Darlene!

FYI - I will be MIA again...for the rest of this week (I'll see you again next Monday).

My MIL passed away yesterday. Hospice told the family on Friday it would be less than 24 hours, most likely just a very few hours in fact. Well, MIL had her own idea of how long to stay.... and left this world for her heavenly home late yesterday morning. We lost her years ago to Alzheimer's and yesterday we lost her body. We are sad, but also relieved that she is no longer suffering.

We will leave early tomorrow morning to drive to Kentucky. DD will fly in tomorrow (and fly out on Saturday) weather permitting. DS will drive to Kentucky on Thursday. Visitation is Thursday, funeral Friday.

Thanking you for thinking of us during this time!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 02-09-2016, 05:56 AM   #4424
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies. I am off to stamp class this morning and to work with Sarah to finalize my hostess club order for this month--free things for me--YAY!

Hugs and Prayers to Jeanette and her family. Safe travels for everyone in her family too!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!
Old 02-09-2016, 06:19 AM   #4425
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Thanks Barb!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 02-09-2016, 09:18 AM   #4426
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

I've loved reading the posts - yay! Darlene was here.... and Lynn too! Maggie was sick but seems to be feeling better! Kelly got a day off from running around and spent it shopping! Barb is working on a great fundraiser! Shelly checked in, too! How fun!

Happy Belated Birthday, Darlene!

FYI - I will be MIA again...for the rest of this week (I'll see you again next Monday).

My MIL passed away yesterday. Hospice told the family on Friday it would be less than 24 hours, most likely just a very few hours in fact. Well, MIL had her own idea of how long to stay.... and left this world for her heavenly home late yesterday morning. We lost her years ago to Alzheimer's and yesterday we lost her body. We are sad, but also relieved that she is no longer suffering.

We will leave early tomorrow morning to drive to Kentucky. DD will fly in tomorrow (and fly out on Saturday) weather permitting. DS will drive to Kentucky on Thursday. Visitation is Thursday, funeral Friday.

Thanking you for thinking of us during this time!
Sorry for your family's loss Jeanette. It's great though that the children are able to get there for the funeral service. Yes, any kind of dementia is so terrible. My mom was never diagnosed with Alzheimer's, but it was still the same with the memory loss. Have a safe journey there and then home again. Sending up prayers for you.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #4427
Quacker Stamper

Belated
to Darlene!
Old 02-09-2016, 06:45 PM   #4428
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

I am so sorry for your loss Jeanette.

My hope is that there will be progress in the Alzheimers research in our lifetime. My neighbor is a doctor and had to quit working at age 65- has Alzheimers....so young! He used to be really serious and now is happy and enjoys life like a little kid!

I am off tomorrow- which is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. I work Thurs-Friday, and we are heading to Dubuque with Katie to visit Stephi for the weekend. I am so looking forward to time with the girls! We will all stay in one hotel room (Stephi too), which I love..... There is such pretty landscape there, I look forward to a little hike and adventuring.

Shelly
barbaralynn, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:55 PM   #4429
SCS RAK Coordinator

Shelly--that is such a pretty area. Have Fun!
Old 02-10-2016, 05:38 AM   #4430
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Hump Day and Ash Wednesday. I am off to the treadmill, then to meet a friend for coffee and then take the car in for a quick check of the battery. Then--time to get inky!

Have a great day!
Old 02-10-2016, 07:40 PM   #4431
Pearl-ExPert

Jeanette, so sorry about your mother in law. That's sad but yes, she's no longer suffering.

Shelly, have a wonderful trip! Sounds like fun to get to see the girls. Know you're looking forward to that.

We're suppose to be in the 80s for the next couple of days so that's a welcome! If I have the time, going to try and get some yard work done - maybe.

Sorry I haven't been around to comment today - just one of those crazy type days. I managed to do a few comments and then that was it. Jim's doing about the same - and Lynn's just tired.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:04 PM   #4432
Mad Swapper

{{{{{hugs}}}}} to Jeanette - sorry to hear your news. At least you have the comfort of knowing you will see her again and fully restored.

What fun Shelly - I had a ball when my DD and I went to Australia together a few years ago. Enjoy your trip

Lynn you sound as though you need a vacation - Hugs and prayers. The hardest part is there is no 'end' in sight when your DH is failing.

Hope you have got inky today Barb and that getting inky was successful

Kristie is keeping up her scrapbooking with a post a day - well done!

Maggie I hope your throat is all healed up now - thankfully your Dr listened to you regarding what the specialist had prescribed previously.

Anybody seen Kel of late?

Darlene I hope you had a wonderful birthday, and that we see some more of you and hear how Bijou is these days

I have had a week where I have been flat out and have not had much time on line - so that means I will be missing a few visits to blogs. It's hot again here - nearly 28 oC again today, so the evening will be spent watering the gardens again. I did get into the studio this afternoon and got a couple of cards made.

Hugs to you all from Down Under
Old 02-11-2016, 09:10 AM   #4433
SCS RAK Coordinator

It is a Cold, Cold Day here in Wisconsin. I left early this morning to have breakfast with some guys in the town where I used to teach. It said 14 degrees when I pulled out of the garage but by the time I got to the corner, it was minus 4! I also got my hair cut and am back home now--toasty! I have an errand this afternoon, but stamping before and after!

Have a Wonderful Day!
Old 02-12-2016, 06:27 AM   #4434
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Welcome to the end of the week! I am headed to a couple of card classes at my LSS today and then we have Euchre tonight. Tomorrow we are heading to Chicago to spend the weekend with relatives. We will go out to dinner tomorrow night and then a DePaul women's basketball game on Sunday-an annual tradition!

I hope you have a great weekend--stay warm (except those in the west!)
Old 02-12-2016, 07:14 AM   #4435
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

TGIF! Got in at 10 pm last night from a Boy Scout meeting that ran WAY late - thanks to me locking my keys in the car!! I haven't done that in 20 years! And of ALL NIGHTS my keypad (how I get into my car anyway, I don't even use the key) decided to STOP WORKING ........ oh my word. It was 40, our jackets were in the LOCKED trunk, and I could not have felt more dumb!! 3 Boy Scout dads, 5 Scouts all clowning around the car trying to figure out how to open it - LOL! I did try to tell them my daughter was on her way with a back up key, but they didn't leave until she arrived (it is DARK and SCARY at this church at night!!!) which I thought was very sweet and Boy Scout like ......... truly embarrassing. Not one of my shining moments!

But luck WAS on my side this morning when the Starbucks line was EMPTY!!! *insert Twilight Zone music* I thought did I get up late? 2 hours early? Is it set the clocks forward or something? LOL! Guess it was just a rare moment but hey, I'll take it!

Happy Birthday greetings to Darlene - may the year ahead bring fond memories and lots of love from family and friends ♥

And while Jeanette already knows my support, love, hugs and sympathy, I'll share in the thoughts of a safe trip and condolences.

Lynn, bless your heart - hugs to both of you, too! Hopefully Rambo is being a good boy and giving you guys lots of cuddles instead of rambunctiousness

Maxine - we have taken the cold here and LOVING it! We don't have the heat you have but when it hits, whew - all you want to do is stay indoors and stay cool.

Maggie - thinking of you and the kitties - thank you for the lovely Valentines! It is always so sweet to see the cards IRL! I don't think we will be doing much for V-day around here as we just are too wiped out - sounds crazy, but a nice of celebrating to me is catching up on sleep and cards - LOL! Like Lynn, I'm just plumb tired out.

Scattering love and hugs!
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:35 AM   #4436
Pearl-ExPert

Just saw about a earthquake hitting somewhere in New Zealand!!!!!! Maxine, I hope this wasn't anywhere close to you but wanted you to know I'm thinking of you today and hoping all is ok.

Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day - or just a nice day anyway!
Old 02-14-2016, 11:21 AM   #4437
Mad Swapper

It was by Christchurch - again!! that is mid-way down the South Island, we are close to the centre of the North Island
Thankfully no major damage this time, and no casualties... a few minor injuries and shock, needless to say.
Thanks for your thoughts Lynn
Old 02-14-2016, 01:39 PM   #4438
Pearl-ExPert

Thank goodness! I was really worried about you Maxine. Glad there wasn't any serious damage or serious injuries - and it wasn't close to you either. Scary!
Old 02-14-2016, 03:03 PM   #4439
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
I am so sorry for your loss Jeanette.

My hope is that there will be progress in the Alzheimers research in our lifetime. My neighbor is a doctor and had to quit working at age 65- has Alzheimers....so young! He used to be really serious and now is happy and enjoys life like a little kid!

I am off tomorrow- which is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. I work Thurs-Friday, and we are heading to Dubuque with Katie to visit Stephi for the weekend. I am so looking forward to time with the girls! We will all stay in one hotel room (Stephi too), which I love..... There is such pretty landscape there, I look forward to a little hike and adventuring.

Shelly
Hope you all have a fun time.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:05 PM   #4440
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning--Welcome to the end of the week! I am headed to a couple of card classes at my LSS today and then we have Euchre tonight. Tomorrow we are heading to Chicago to spend the weekend with relatives. We will go out to dinner tomorrow night and then a DePaul women's basketball game on Sunday-an annual tradition!

I hope you have a great weekend--stay warm (except those in the west!)
I hope you had a great weekend with your relatives.