Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-28-2014, 04:49 PM   #401
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyK. View Post
Good Monday morning!!
Well - yesterday ended up being a relaxing day for me and the hubs. Normally my Sunday is spent cleaning house, doing laundry and catching up on paperwork. But yesterday the hubs wanted to "take a Sunday drive" along the coast and who am I to turn down that!! I got about half the laundry done before we left. Drove along the coast for about 2 hours, stopped and did a little shopping, had lunch and headed on back at a leisurely pace. It was very relaxing. When I got home I did the rest of the laundry but passed on cleaning the house!!I'll have to do a little bit today and finish on some paperwork to get caught up.

Kelly - the waterpark sounds great - we are certainly having the weather for it!
Maggie. The concert sounds wonderful! And thanks for sharing your garden photos. Your roses look fantastic.
That sounds so relaxing. Whereabouts did you go? Yes, cleaning can wait. The house is not going to go anywhere.

Thanks!
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #402
Die Cut Diva

Hi all - Kelly I am so glad that you and yours are all o.k. after that crash - and that the other driver has insurance and it will be repaired at his expense!! Nasty.

Maggie you garden is looking good - Nancy I am sure you benefited more from a relaxing Sunday drive than from doing h^*w&^k.!!

DH had the procedure done yesterday - there wasn't skin graft as we had anticipated (a different surgeon did it) but because it was pulled so tight, the stitches popped by late afternoon, so I held it together with some stri-strips I had on hand.... his eye has been pulled into a funny angle - 'they' assure us it will return to normal shortly as the 'face is very forgiving' - NOT IMPRESSED!!

This morning he has developed a raging chest infection again.... prayers will be appreciated from those of you who pray.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #403
Die Cut Diva

Here is another link to a somewhat simpler use of gelatos
Old 04-29-2014, 03:15 AM   #404
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mschoener likes this post.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #405
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi!

Good morning SA's! Sorry I have been a little MIA!

Off work for a couple of days- yeah! I am finishing up DT work today- I have been stamping like a maniac! I am not the most productive this past week- prednisone- making me have some insomnia........ I am having less pain, but neck muscles are in total spasm!

Maxine- so weird to imagine the stitches pulling out like that. Glad you had steri strips to fix it- and what a blessing to need a less invasive procedure!

Maggie- loving your pictures! the kitty sitting in your flower bed is sweet- and loving your roses.

Yikes- Kelly- glad everyone is OK! With my neck, I have alot of anxiety about getting into any accidents. Love your story about being Queen for the day- and the cleanup- so nice people pitch in like that! Did I miss the F/U about your daughters audition?

Nancy- what a wonderful sounding day! Sounds very relaxing- looking forward to nicer weather so we can enjoy like that! So, did you buy anything? I imagine there were lots of flowers in bloom too.....

Barb- the show sounds great- what kind of glitter technique did you do? I just did my first swap as a hostess- for ATC's thru the Technique Junkies- it was fun...I learned a few things along the way too. It is so fun to get the packages in the mail and open them up!

Lynn- how big of an area do you end up having to mow? We just bought a Fiskars push mower (yep, the old fashioned kind)....got rid of the old mower, and the self propelled feature is broken and it costs more to fix it than to buy a new mower...... I do not mow the lawn- but maybe I will be able to now.....

Kristi- hope you have great weather @ Disney!

Waving Hi to everyone!

Have a great day

Shelly
Old 04-29-2014, 10:03 AM   #406
Proud Fan Club Member

HI girls! Queen Kelly checking in! ~~

Thanks for the little hugs and warm words - we all all fine. My Jeep .. ehhh.... had a call this am that an adjuster will come out and take a look at it by tomorrow. The funny thing is, the guy who hit me was HUGE!! His FLDL says 6'5" and 315 pounds! He reminded me of the guy from The Green Mile, remember the actor Michael Clarke Duncan? Like spot on! I did this double take and here I am with my tiny self, all 5'3" of me - lol. But a nice man and it was an accident, after all.

Maxine, I'm glad your hubby is home and hopefully on the road to recovery. You are so dedicated and wonderful wife, my friend. I hope the stitches heal and the steri strips do the trick! I can't wait to look at the link you have there for the gellis - I'm clueless with those.

Maggie, did you ever get your yard work done or call the yard man? I hope you're feeling better and no joke on the getting older I keep telling dh that the one thing on my bucket list I must do is go white water rafting. By the time we get around to it, I'll be too old and falling apart, LOL!!

Darlene - are you all healed up yet from your fall? I hope you are resting, too!

Hi Lynn, Jeanette, Nancy, Kristi, everyone that I'm sure with my foggy brain I'm forgetting! Hugs!!!!!!!! x0x0
Old 04-29-2014, 10:10 AM   #407
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
So sorry about the accident and glad that they had insurance. So many times around here they are illegals and don't have any insurance so it's up to you to pay to have it fixed. Glad that your DS was not seriously injured. I can't wait to hear whether you have to go testify for that lady. I know that you will be a big help to her.

LOL! Queen Kelly of the Muck! That's funny that you were all mucked up earlier in the day and then got to be Queen for the Night! Are we going to see those pics on FB or here? I guess you had to go to the water park and get all that muck cleaned off you.

Where are the Hamsters going to live?
First, welcome Soni! I didn't see that you had joined our group, too - welcome! I think that makes a few we are in together

Nancy, wish you could have joined us at the water park! Sunday Drives are the best!!!!

The hamster You may remember we had them on New Year's - she had 11!!! We have done well up until now - but being they are Syrian hamsters, they are not meant to live together. That meant 11 cages! It became overwhelming and not even for me, my daughter took them over. Well, I put an ad with much heartache on a rescue me 'small animal' site in case anyone wanted them and they are ONLY allowed to go to reputable homes, not petstores that will resell them or use them as food Within 24 hours a teacher reached out to me and called saying she runs the Environmental Center at at Jr High and needed them! So we sent 4 her way and the students were so happy. They had cages and food and were so eager. They study them, take care of them, handle them, and in the summer, take them home and eventually adopt them. Lots of tears. My daughter cried all night. And she's 19, lol.

Now let me show you that muck! UGH!!!!!!!! I was up to my knee caps in this stuff ..........
Old 04-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #408
Proud Fan Club Member

These will probably not end up on facebook, lol .... but yes, this was our Saturday adventure ! It was a good thing to do and the kids learned a valuable lesson about community involvement, I hope ....... if nothing else, they got free tshirts out of it

Don't I look BEAUTIFUL!! NOT!!! Right after this, exhausted, smelly and dirty, we sat to recoop on the grassy area by the water to watch the show. Yes, the show I ended up being in ..... had I known ....... LOL!!

The first is my daughter Chrissy who found a giant horseshow crab shell.
Then the bay, overlooking Key Biscayne - how about that outside your window every night! And then me - blehhhhhhhhh!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg get-attachment (62).jpg (72.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg get-attachment (64).jpg (58.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg get-attachment (65).jpg (84.2 KB, 8 views)
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:07 AM   #409
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Great Pictures Kelly--love your smile!
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:07 AM   #410
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello Ladies! Back home after getting a haircut, grocery shopping and stamp class--Fun Morning!
Old 04-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #411

Hi Shelly, Queen Kelly, and Barb! You're all looking good!

Love the pictures, Kelly!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #412
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Hi all - Kelly I am so glad that you and yours are all o.k. after that crash - and that the other driver has insurance and it will be repaired at his expense!! Nasty.

Maggie you garden is looking good - Nancy I am sure you benefited more from a relaxing Sunday drive than from doing h^*w&^k.!!

DH had the procedure done yesterday - there wasn't skin graft as we had anticipated (a different surgeon did it) but because it was pulled so tight, the stitches popped by late afternoon, so I held it together with some stri-strips I had on hand.... his eye has been pulled into a funny angle - 'they' assure us it will return to normal shortly as the 'face is very forgiving' - NOT IMPRESSED!!

This morning he has developed a raging chest infection again.... prayers will be appreciated from those of you who pray.
Thanks Maxine.

Yikes, that's crazy that his stitches popped. So lucky that you had some of those stri-strips on hand. That could have been disastrous. I do hope his eye fixes itself very soon. Sorry about the chest infection. Is he on some meds for that? Will be sending up some prayers for him.
International Art & Soul
Old 04-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #413
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Good morning SA's! Sorry I have been a little MIA!

Off work for a couple of days- yeah! I am finishing up DT work today- I have been stamping like a maniac! I am not the most productive this past week- prednisone- making me have some insomnia........ I am having less pain, but neck muscles are in total spasm!

Maxine- so weird to imagine the stitches pulling out like that. Glad you had steri strips to fix it- and what a blessing to need a less invasive procedure!

Maggie- loving your pictures! the kitty sitting in your flower bed is sweet- and loving your roses.

Yikes- Kelly- glad everyone is OK! With my neck, I have alot of anxiety about getting into any accidents. Love your story about being Queen for the day- and the cleanup- so nice people pitch in like that! Did I miss the F/U about your daughters audition?

Nancy- what a wonderful sounding day! Sounds very relaxing- looking forward to nicer weather so we can enjoy like that! So, did you buy anything? I imagine there were lots of flowers in bloom too.....

Barb- the show sounds great- what kind of glitter technique did you do? I just did my first swap as a hostess- for ATC's thru the Technique Junkies- it was fun...I learned a few things along the way too. It is so fun to get the packages in the mail and open them up!

Lynn- how big of an area do you end up having to mow? We just bought a Fiskars push mower (yep, the old fashioned kind)....got rid of the old mower, and the self propelled feature is broken and it costs more to fix it than to buy a new mower...... I do not mow the lawn- but maybe I will be able to now.....

Kristi- hope you have great weather @ Disney!

Waving Hi to everyone!

Have a great day

Shelly
Sorry that you're having spasms. That can't be much fun at all. I'm glad at least that you have less pain.

Thanks for the comments on Glinda and the roses. She's a mess, but pretty friendly.

Had a learning day today with morning and afternoon sessions learning how to use Word. If I can figure all this out, then you can teach an old dog new tricks.
International Art & Soul
Old 04-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #414
Die Cut Diva

Great pics Kelly.....you look just like a true outdoorsy lady! Looks like fun too.

Maxine, horrible about the stitches!! Yikes!!! He's got the best nurse possible having you though. Thanks for the link for the geletos card too......that's definitely my style! CAS all the way. I may even have to try that one. You have all my prayers for your husband! Chest infections really aren't something to be taken lightly since they so often turn in to pneumonia (Is that how you spell that word! Wow....maybe I got it right for once). LOL!

Shelly, yea on getting some days off! Those are always nice even if you are busy stamping (since stamping is relaxing!). You asked about how big the yard, etc. It's almost an acre or half acre I guess. Just so big. I usually do the mowing and Jim does all the weed eating. Always something to do out there. We do have a riding mower though so that makes it nice. Used to have a self propelled one but even with both of use taking turns mowing, it would take up to about 3 or 4 hours! Now we can do the mowing in a little over an hour.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #415
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
HI girls! Queen Kelly checking in! ~~

Thanks for the little hugs and warm words - we all all fine. My Jeep .. ehhh.... had a call this am that an adjuster will come out and take a look at it by tomorrow. The funny thing is, the guy who hit me was HUGE!! His FLDL says 6'5" and 315 pounds! He reminded me of the guy from The Green Mile, remember the actor Michael Clarke Duncan? Like spot on! I did this double take and here I am with my tiny self, all 5'3" of me - lol. But a nice man and it was an accident, after all.

Maxine, I'm glad your hubby is home and hopefully on the road to recovery. You are so dedicated and wonderful wife, my friend. I hope the stitches heal and the steri strips do the trick! I can't wait to look at the link you have there for the gellis - I'm clueless with those.

Maggie, did you ever get your yard work done or call the yard man? I hope you're feeling better and no joke on the getting older I keep telling dh that the one thing on my bucket list I must do is go white water rafting. By the time we get around to it, I'll be too old and falling apart, LOL!!

Darlene - are you all healed up yet from your fall? I hope you are resting, too!

Hi Lynn, Jeanette, Nancy, Kristi, everyone that I'm sure with my foggy brain I'm forgetting! Hugs!!!!!!!! x0x0
Wow! He's a pretty big guy. Probably could have done some damage running into you without a car.

I've been working in my yard for a couple of weeks now on the weekends. I did call the yard man to do the original plantings, but then I added some more and have some more shrubs for him to plant next Monday when he comes to put mulch down.

Yikes! White water rafting! Not for me. I can swim, but not a real strong swimmer and I'd probably fall overboard.
International Art & Soul
Old 04-29-2014, 05:12 PM   #416
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
First, welcome Soni! I didn't see that you had joined our group, too - welcome! I think that makes a few we are in together

Nancy, wish you could have joined us at the water park! Sunday Drives are the best!!!!

The hamster You may remember we had them on New Year's - she had 11!!! We have done well up until now - but being they are Syrian hamsters, they are not meant to live together. That meant 11 cages! It became overwhelming and not even for me, my daughter took them over. Well, I put an ad with much heartache on a rescue me 'small animal' site in case anyone wanted them and they are ONLY allowed to go to reputable homes, not petstores that will resell them or use them as food Within 24 hours a teacher reached out to me and called saying she runs the Environmental Center at at Jr High and needed them! So we sent 4 her way and the students were so happy. They had cages and food and were so eager. They study them, take care of them, handle them, and in the summer, take them home and eventually adopt them. Lots of tears. My daughter cried all night. And she's 19, lol.

Now let me show you that muck! UGH!!!!!!!! I was up to my knee caps in this stuff ..........
LOL! Soni isn't joining our group. She was just coming over here to look at the pictures of my flowers. For some reason, she couldn't see them over on the Quackers thread where we chat.

That's interesting about the hamsters having to be in their own cages. How do they ever have babies? So you still have 7 left? Awww. . . it's hard to give the babies away after you've helped raise them. I"m glad they went to a good home.
International Art & Soul
Old 04-29-2014, 05:13 PM   #417
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
These will probably not end up on facebook, lol .... but yes, this was our Saturday adventure ! It was a good thing to do and the kids learned a valuable lesson about community involvement, I hope ....... if nothing else, they got free tshirts out of it

Don't I look BEAUTIFUL!! NOT!!! Right after this, exhausted, smelly and dirty, we sat to recoop on the grassy area by the water to watch the show. Yes, the show I ended up being in ..... had I known ....... LOL!!

The first is my daughter Chrissy who found a giant horseshow crab shell.
Then the bay, overlooking Key Biscayne - how about that outside your window every night! And then me - blehhhhhhhhh!
YOu look great! Chrissy kind of in the dark, so it's hard to see her, but I'd say she looks a lot like you. That view is gorgeous! I'd sit out on the back patio all day and just stare at that.
International Art & Soul
Old 04-30-2014, 03:28 AM   #418

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Do you know what day it is???

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-30-2014, 05:49 AM   #419
SCS RAK Coordinator

Here are some slobbery smooches from Smoochy for Jeanette and all of my SCS Buds!

Old 04-30-2014, 05:58 AM   #420

Woo Hoo!!! THANK YOU, Barb!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-30-2014, 06:00 PM   #421
Proud Fan Club Member

Heart

Quote:
LOL! Soni isn't joining our group. She was just coming over here to look at the pictures of my flowers. For some reason, she couldn't see them over on the Quackers thread where we chat.

That's interesting about the hamsters having to be in their own cages. How do they ever have babies? So you still have 7 left? Awww. . . it's hard to give the babies away after you've helped raise them. I"m glad they went to a good home.
By mistake! LOL!! They have them when you put a little boy in with a little girl by mistake, like Pet STores like to do! Hee hee! See, the funny thing is the boys are ....... um ....... HUGE. You'd have to be BLIND not to be able to tell the difference!! We adopted out 3 today - family!!!! - who took 3 males and have separate living quarters for all. They used to have ferrets or something for years but they escaped while they moved into a new home and are finally getting back into pet ownership. We now have 4. Thankfully so much more manageable.

I thought about you the other day when I came outside on the patio and saw the neighbor's cat swatting at the cage!! YIKES!!!!! She (her name is Princess, ha ha!) just looked up at me like "yes, can I help you?" LOL! Sasssy girl

Thanks for explaining about Soni! Your roses were certainly worth coming to see!
Old 04-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #422
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
YOu look great! Chrissy kind of in the dark, so it's hard to see her, but I'd say she looks a lot like you. That view is gorgeous! I'd sit out on the back patio all day and just stare at that.
Isn't it though! We love to go out there, especially me with the canoe - sadly, I have to rent one and that gets expensive! That water/muck is DISGUSTING!

OH Shel, I'm so sorry I never answered your question about Chrissy! See, Maggie, you are good for my brain!

She did not move forward in the Young Arts Talent because she is leaving tomorrow on a school trip. This is what I explained to her. The final showcase was last weekend ~ had she gone, and I am sure she would have placed, she would have had the finals this Saturday. Well, this Saturday she will be in Jacksonville, FL at a Federation Vocal competition! In other words, two places at the exact same time doing the exact same thing. She had to chose. To not go to Federation meant not singing her 4 songs, plus she is filling in for a friend that could not go and singing her songs in a group choir, and get judged/placed which will go towards her college application.
To stay, she would have possibly placed and won a small award for tickets, plays, etc BUT that also means she would have taken the place of another child that might be able to advance forward. So to go knowing you can make it to the finals to me felt wrong and maybe she could give her spot away. So I called and thanked them and told them the situation and they said regardless of her giving up her spot, she earned it and they will not give it to someone else. But I tried! So long story short, while we will never know the outcome of what this Saturday would have held locally, she already won in my eyes

Now, I'll be pacing back and forth this weekend while she is away!! I'm NOT good at having my babies gone on trips without me but we could not swing this trip for both of us. I guess it's like a small taste of her going away to college in a year
Old 04-30-2014, 07:05 PM   #423

Just wanted to let everyone know... I’m leaving early tomorrow morning for a Women’s Conference, so I won't be on SCS again until next Monday. Have a FABULOUS and FUN weekend!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #424
Die Cut Diva

And may your conference bring you many blessings Jeanette. Safe travels.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:01 AM   #425
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy
NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER!!!

May each of you be so blessed in your daily walk and always!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ndp2014.jpg (36.6 KB, 0 views)
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:37 AM   #426
SCS RAK Coordinator

Another.................................

Old 05-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #427
Proud Fan Club Member

Waaaaaaaaah!

I just sent my daughter off on a 5 day school trip. I wasn't able to chaperone this one since my dh is working like 85 hours a week! She'll be fine, but still. It wont' be the same without her. Her brother was in tears - I can't imagine what it will be like when she heads off to college!

Off to finish a card

Hugs!
Old 05-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #428
Die Cut Diva

Calm down mama!!!!!!!!! LOL!!! She'll be fine and have a lot of fun.

Would someone tell me how to find where I'm getting the notices for Nancy's posts!!!!!!!! Nancy, anyone else? I subscribed and know it's going someplace but it doesn't come to my yahoo e-mail in-box and have no clue where to even start looking for it!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #429
Die Cut Diva

Hmmm - come to think of it I am only getting Barb's notifications.......... thanks for the reminder Lynn.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #430
Die Cut Diva

Um.......ok, Nancy............where do we do to get the updates on your posts??
Old 05-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #431
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Made it past hump day- on to the weekend!

Jeanette- have a fab weekend!

Kelly- she will do fine! Wahoo- how exciting for her- and thanks for the update on her singing.

I do not know how to get notifications on SCS-is that what you are all talking about- or do you mean Blog Updates?

Barb- love that graphic- we had rain all day here as well- just a bit south of you. It looks like it will be getting nicer for the weekend though : )

I am off for 4 days now- yeah! Stephi is coming home tomorrow- yeah! Since my neck went out, I am going to stay home- Ray will do the fun... I will go get some groceries- she is a vegetarian, so will fill the fridge with veg's and good food : ) I will also work upstairs- the linen closet has been emptied on Stephi's bed while we were painting the woodwork- gotta put that back together.

Saturday there will be a digi released at Saturated Canary (there are 6 altogether) one was commissioned by me-it is supposed to look like Stephi in her running digs....cannot wait- so excited! I look forward to seeing how she likes it- once I make a card with it! I think the images are so awesome- esp for practicing coloring and shading with the alcohol markers.

Have a great nite- and weekend too if you are off for a few days!
Shelly
Old 05-01-2014, 10:21 PM   #432
Die Cut Diva

I see Nancy has a follow me tab that gives an RSS feed, but I find they do not come through for me .... I tried it and got a page of computer language...

Shelly I hope the stamp is all you want it to be - how exciting!!

Kelly your DD will be fine - trust God and the way you have trained her to be a young woman of God.

I do hope you all are surviving the rains - they are making the news here they are so bad!! I feel for you.

Life here is chugging along - DH is slowly improving from the chest infection, which I suspect was a pneumonia from what he has said since, but is still pretty fragile. The stitches on the wound not only popped within hours, but then 48 hrs later started to undo from one end - thankfully I still had some steri-strips to hold it together, and it is now starting to look far better, but the eye is still a bit twisted toward that end.

The last of the family have gone home and the house is pretty much back to normal now, finally, apart from all the glitter in the carpet I am gradually putting the gardens 'to bed' for the winter, and soon only the winter veggies will be in the main garden. So then I may get to the studio again - I need to make and anniversary card for DH for this weekend, and then organise my class projects and my June orders - ah that will keep me out of mischief for a few wet days .
Old 05-02-2014, 02:00 AM   #433
Quacker Stamper

Good morning! Just a quick check in. Sorry I wasn't able to be on yesterday. It's been busy at the office and at home trying to get things done so I can leave this morning to CA. I'm not taking my laptop but will have my Kindle Fire, so hopefully will get updates and able to get on SCS if I have some downtime. I'll be back Sunday evening. Hope you have a great weekend.
International Art & Soul
Old 05-02-2014, 05:13 AM   #434
Proud Fan Club Member

Maggie have a safe trip! You will be miss, our chatty friend

Thank you, Maxine - you are such a wise lady with wonderful words of warmth and love all the time! You are a wonderful philosopher! ♥

Happy Friday, all!!! I am SO GLAD it's the weekend. YOu just don't know ....... LOL
Well, you do -- ya'll have been there, I'm sure!

I hope Jeanette is doing well at her conference and getting good grades

Sending hugs all around as I get ready to head to chapel (at my son's school) and figure out next week's VERY BUSY Teacher Appreciation Week! Yikes! Anyone free to head to Florida?!!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2014, 05:24 AM   #435
Stazon Splitcoast

Maxine- hope hubby gets better soon- sounds like a terrible infection! And, hope his eye is OK- when does he go for follow up? Is it allergy season there? In the fall, we have a weed called ragweed that reaks havoc in us poor allergy sufferers......

Kelly- yes- you have taught her well- she will have a blast- and sounds like they will be too busy for any mischief anyway!

Maggie- hope you have a fabulous trip! And that the weather cooperates!

We have rain and cool- my sister is on a trip to Pensicola, Fl to a music festival, and she is safe, but she says some areas got it bad with rain and flooding. Praying for all those affected!

Waving hello to all- up early- still not sleeping 8 hours- going for a f/u appt with my doc this AM in regards to the neck .....

Oh- my Gelato's card is up on my blog. A simple resist technique- before I rubber stamped, I used to sew ALOT, so love sewing themed cards : )

Have a fab day!
Shelly
Old 05-02-2014, 05:27 AM   #436
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, I used to live in Pensacola!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it there! I hope she will be safe in all the rising water they've had in the last few days!

I hope all goes well at the dr!

Off to check out your card! (and I'll get caught up this weekend on blog rounds, promise!)
Old 05-02-2014, 05:28 AM   #437
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh!!! Question! Is that the challenge of the month - to use gellatos? I'm so far behind!

And did we have a send a card partner for April? I didn't receive a name and want to make sure I didn't skip someone's card! EEEEEEK!!!
Old 05-02-2014, 06:38 AM   #438
Die Cut Diva

Somehow I missed the challenge of the month too - Just noticed it when I saw Shelly's beautiful card! Duh......where have I been anyway!!!

Kelly, they'll have a great time. No worrying!! LOL! I have been hearing about all the rain that way....at least you'll have plenty of green grass!

Maggie, hope you have a wonderful trip

Maxine.....Hugs to you in caring for your husband. I know that's very stressful! Glad he's feeling somewhat better now. Yes, I know that Nancy's come though on the RSS feed - just can't find my RSS! LOL! Maybe someone will know where we're suppose to look for it.

Kelly..........LOVED the pic of the dog and flapping ears! LOL! He even looks a little like Rambo but Rambo isn't a long haired.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:47 AM   #439
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Friday!
Old 05-02-2014, 08:47 AM   #440
SCS RAK Coordinator

OK Ladies--you will need to fill me in as a newbie here. I do not know about monthly challenges or partner cards. Please help!