Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-21-2016, 08:12 AM   #4321
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Hi Maggie... I'm so sorry to hear your DD's MIL isn't doing well since the surgery. Praying things improve soon! (I've actually had a bit of cardmaking today - and also have been continuing the uploading of my stamps in my Evernote Inventory. Yikes! Today I worked on that too much, I guess... because in this one day I've used over half of my monthly allotment of space.)

Hi Barb... I wondered where you were.
Thank you Jeanette.

I really should check into that Evernote. Would be good to have stamps organized.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-21-2016, 06:41 PM   #4322
Swapper of the Month March 2013

And with Evernote, I take the inventory EVERYWHERE I go because it's on my phone as well as my computer.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mschoener likes this post.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:11 PM   #4323

Okay Fellow Stamp Addicts...

... see you Monday!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-21-2016, 09:25 PM   #4324
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Hi ladies,
I am trying to keep up..... down in Kentucky again- Dad had a collapsed lung and the chest tube they use to treat it was leaking, so off to surgery he went. When the chest tube leaks, air leaks under the skin- usually just up the chest- but he looks like the Pillsbury doughboy! His face was so puffy his eyes were swollen shut! He went to surgery on Wednesday and is recovering beautifully.
I am also keeping Mom in line at home- a little touch of dementia, so cannot be left alone......
I did bring some cards with me that I put together at home, just need to add coloring for the Bugaboo B-day bash- pretty CAS and nothing overly special, but barely have time to color. Almost done though!

Hugs to all- have a fab week- heading home on Sunday PM and will have Monday to catch up on household duties and blogs.

Shelly
Old 01-22-2016, 05:43 AM   #4325
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good rainy morning, all! It seems it rains EVERY SINGLE FRIDAY here! And I know that because my son is on the run club and it's been cancelled every Friday!

Prayers for your dd's MIL, Maggie - and also for Shelly's dad. Sounds like the group could use a little extra prayer!

It's been hard getting back into the swing of this week - I'm literally dragging. My dd's bf pointed out you DID GO CAMPING FOR 4 DAYS! As in, zero sleep, lots of activities, so maybe my body is just screaming for a rest, I dunno - LOL

YAY for Darlene and Barb's fabulous visit together! Please send our love and hugs and I'm sure it will be a great girls weekend ♥

My daughter is singing at the Rodeo tomorrow! We are super excited for her - and we are hoping the rain goes away. Its been cold here, then hot, then cold again, now rain, tomorrow cold again ......... if not, she'll be singing in the rain - haha, pun intended!

Still running around to and fro and wishing I could stay home a little more - I have a bunch of stamps stamped out into cardstock, and a few digis as well, but zero time to color/craft. And this week, we met up again for our Book Club ........ good to be back!
And last week, our bible study group met up again and it's going super ♥ What's two more stops in a week already full of madness *grin*

Hugs for all!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:52 AM   #4326
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Sending hugs and prayers to Shelley and Maggie.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:52 AM   #4327
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Friday!

Darlene is here and all is well.................... I picked her up in the afternoon, then we went to a couple of local stamp/scrap stores. We were to pick up Rebecca after work, so we had a glass of wine, ate supper and got a burger and salad to go for Rebecca as then we headed to the basketball game. We are just hanging out here today and at 4:00, we will head to the church to open up and help set up Camp Stamp-in-Oga!!!

Have a Fabulous Friday and an Awesome Weekend!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:57 PM   #4328
Mad Swapper

Yay to hear Darlene is there safe and sound and you are enjoying life together .

We have heard of the storm heading your way - take care y'all and stay safe.

Hugs
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:50 PM   #4329
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I hope you all up there are staying warm and safe! We are enjoying our 50* weather but it looks scary in some places. We were drooling over Times Square having all the snow - even though the stores were all closed, it looked amazing ♥

Friends, if I could ask for some good thoughts! My son's audition for middle school is tomorrow - I'm super nervous for him. He's applying for drama - and another area middle schools for merit (academic excellence) but there's no audition for that ~ you apply and wait. We find out both in March. For tomorrow's, it's a performing arts middle school so he had to prepare a monologue, song, there will be improv, interviews, etc. Eek! A few have asked "you have to apply to middle school?!!" Yes and No - LOL! Only if you are entering a magnet or academic advanced school, then yes - you apply, audition (or not) and wait.

Thank you! ♥
*hugs for all*
Old 01-24-2016, 01:56 PM   #4330
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon--we are watching football as Darlene is a Pat's fan! We had a great time at Camp Stamp-in-Oga. We helped set up Friday night and then were back again at 7:00 yesterday morning. The class was great and we made 5 nice cards. LJ and Terry were also in the card class. Then, in the afternoon, I worked on a couple of swaps, Darlene also on a swap and her nephew's wedding invites. We had such a nice time and it was great to have it at my church--so close and a nice venue!

Tomorrow, Darlene and I are heading to Coffee, Cards & Biscotti class and then to the airport.

Picture is from yesterday--Darlene, Terry, LJ and myself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Camp Stamp in Oga 1-23-2016.jpg (91.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-24-2016, 02:02 PM   #4331
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hi ladies,
I am trying to keep up..... down in Kentucky again- Dad had a collapsed lung and the chest tube they use to treat it was leaking, so off to surgery he went. When the chest tube leaks, air leaks under the skin- usually just up the chest- but he looks like the Pillsbury doughboy! His face was so puffy his eyes were swollen shut! He went to surgery on Wednesday and is recovering beautifully.
I am also keeping Mom in line at home- a little touch of dementia, so cannot be left alone......
I did bring some cards with me that I put together at home, just need to add coloring for the Bugaboo B-day bash- pretty CAS and nothing overly special, but barely have time to color. Almost done though!

Hugs to all- have a fab week- heading home on Sunday PM and will have Monday to catch up on household duties and blogs.

Shelly
KInda scary situation for dad. Hope he is recovering well and will be home soon. So good that you can go and take care of things.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:18 PM   #4332
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

I hope you all up there are staying warm and safe! We are enjoying our 50* weather but it looks scary in some places. We were drooling over Times Square having all the snow - even though the stores were all closed, it looked amazing ♥

Friends, if I could ask for some good thoughts! My son's audition for middle school is tomorrow - I'm super nervous for him. He's applying for drama - and another area middle schools for merit (academic excellence) but there's no audition for that ~ you apply and wait. We find out both in March. For tomorrow's, it's a performing arts middle school so he had to prepare a monologue, song, there will be improv, interviews, etc. Eek! A few have asked "you have to apply to middle school?!!" Yes and No - LOL! Only if you are entering a magnet or academic advanced school, then yes - you apply, audition (or not) and wait.

Thank you! ♥
*hugs for all*
HOpe that things went well at the Rodeo and the singing and no rain. Sending prayers for the DD man and hope that it goes well and he'll make it through the auditions. They are always scary.
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:19 PM   #4333
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Afternoon--we are watching football as Darlene is a Pat's fan! We had a great time at Camp Stamp-in-Oga. We helped set up Friday night and then were back again at 7:00 yesterday morning. The class was great and we made 5 nice cards. LJ and Terry were also in the card class. Then, in the afternoon, I worked on a couple of swaps, Darlene also on a swap and her nephew's wedding invites. We had such a nice time and it was great to have it at my church--so close and a nice venue!

Tomorrow, Darlene and I are heading to Coffee, Cards & Biscotti class and then to the airport.

Picture is from yesterday--Darlene, Terry, LJ and myself.
Great photo of you guys. Hugs to you both. I hope Darlene will pop in and chat again. Miss hearing from her.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:53 PM   #4334
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, good thoughts going your way on your son and the middle school audition! I've never heard of auditioning for a school either but know that different states have different ways of doing things.

Speaking of schools. I'm proud of my daughter. She was just named Principal of one of the schools in Lubbock. She's been the Language Arts coordinator for all the schools in Lubbock for the past 12 years and finally decided to take the plunge and try for a change. I'd love to say she gets all her smarts from her mom - but dang, I'm afraid they came from somewhere else! LOL.

Hope everyone had a good - and WARM - weekend!
mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:31 PM   #4335
Mad Swapper

Yay Lynn - good to see you here, and well done to your daughter - of course she gets her smarts from you!!!

Shelly I hope your Dad is good to go sooner rather than later, but at his age...

Maggie it's good to see you here and commenting - hope you had a good weekend.

Barb and Darlene - it's good to hear you had a great time - lovely photo too

Kristie I see you have popped into my blog - hope life is treating you well.

Jeanette I pray you had safe travels - looking forward to an update

Kelly your school system is sooooo different to ours - I take it Middle School is aged approx 10 - 13 or there abouts? We would call it intermediate..

Waving to you all before I dissolve - we are back up into the late 20's already today - 84.2 oF at the moment, and yesterday we were at 31 oC , but on the website I follow it said "feels like 34 oC" (93.2 oF) - happy happy. I don't water the garden until 8:30 in the evening!!
Old 01-24-2016, 09:05 PM   #4336
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Hi to all!
Back from Kentucky tonight- I have tomorrow off work, so will have a day to catch up luckily- lots to get done. Thanks for all of the prayers- so far, Dad is OK past surgery- I was not Confident it would go well, so God must not be ready for him yet! Tomorrow the chest tubes are coming out, and if all goes well, discharge home Tuesday! Mom is a delight to be around, but her memory has really gotten bad. One morning, she got up and asked me if this was the house I grew up in (no). She had a dream we all lived on the same street at home......

I will be trying to catch up on blogs tomorrow and getting things done around here!

Kelly- glad you survived the camping- and good thoughts for your daughter and no rain for the rodeo and for your son too!

Barb and Darlene- how fun and cool! Thanks for sharing the great picture : ) I love that you two know each other IRL! You both look great. Be safe and enjoy your visit.

Maxine- is it humid where you live? I can take heat UNLESS it is humid out!

Lynn- bet you have a few smarts to share with the kids : ) Congrats to your daughter- that is awesome!!!

Waving hello to everyone- gotta get to bed!

Shelly
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:39 AM   #4337

Shelly, I'm so glad to read your last post to hear that "Dad" is doing okay. That was scary! I'm sorry your mom's memory is deteriorating further. So sad!

Lynn, congrats to DD! I had to laugh about your comment about her smarts. I always tell people my children got their stubbornness from me............ because their dad still has his.

Kelly, praying for "little man" today!

Barb, great photo...... the smiles tell me you were all having a great time. Wish I'd been there, too........... though my weekend of meetings was needed, worthwhile, and enjoyable, too!

Maxine, my travels were great... and I got to watch the full moon rise above the horizon on my drive home. Stunning! (I've always loved full moons!)

Maggie, I hope you had a great weekend!

Waving to everyone else.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-25-2016, 11:13 AM   #4338
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Kelly, good thoughts going your way on your son and the middle school audition! I've never heard of auditioning for a school either but know that different states have different ways of doing things.

Speaking of schools. I'm proud of my daughter. She was just named Principal of one of the schools in Lubbock. She's been the Language Arts coordinator for all the schools in Lubbock for the past 12 years and finally decided to take the plunge and try for a change. I'd love to say she gets all her smarts from her mom - but dang, I'm afraid they came from somewhere else! LOL.

Hope everyone had a good - and WARM - weekend!
I"m sure she gets her smarts from her mom!

That's a great opportunity for her. I hope that she enjoys it and works well with the parents and kids and all those other people that they have to deal with.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:15 AM   #4339
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hi to all!
Back from Kentucky tonight- I have tomorrow off work, so will have a day to catch up luckily- lots to get done. Thanks for all of the prayers- so far, Dad is OK past surgery- I was not Confident it would go well, so God must not be ready for him yet! Tomorrow the chest tubes are coming out, and if all goes well, discharge home Tuesday! Mom is a delight to be around, but her memory has really gotten bad. One morning, she got up and asked me if this was the house I grew up in (no). She had a dream we all lived on the same street at home......

I will be trying to catch up on blogs tomorrow and getting things done around here!

Kelly- glad you survived the camping- and good thoughts for your daughter and no rain for the rodeo and for your son too!

Barb and Darlene- how fun and cool! Thanks for sharing the great picture : ) I love that you two know each other IRL! You both look great. Be safe and enjoy your visit.

Maxine- is it humid where you live? I can take heat UNLESS it is humid out!

Lynn- bet you have a few smarts to share with the kids : ) Congrats to your daughter- that is awesome!!!

Waving hello to everyone- gotta get to bed!

Shelly
So, it's just your mom and dad at home? Does someone come in or a regular basis to check up on them and do cleaning and cooking? In her condition, I can't see how your mom can do that and your dad isn't really up to a lot of heavy stuff either.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:52 PM   #4340
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon/Early Evening Ladies!!!!!! It was a whirlwind last few days and I loved every minute of it! Darlene and I went to stamp class at Sarah's this morning and then we headed to the airport. She is on her way to Orlando and then home later tonight. No snow in NH, so all flights are on time! It was great having her here and I am pretty sure she had a nice time!

Tomorrow is stamp day to finish a swap to get postal and get a bit ahead on DT cards too. I hope you had a great day--even for a Monday!!!!!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:28 PM   #4341

Friends, I will be gone the next two days for a meeting, so I'll see you again on Thursday.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-26-2016, 06:09 AM   #4342
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope your Tuesday is Bark-a-rrific!

Old 01-26-2016, 08:01 PM   #4343
Mad Swapper

Ugh - the weather here is just as hot, but the humidity is currently 85% and there has been thunder rumbling all afternoon and not a lot of rain, although we have just had a heavy shower which has eased things for a bit.....

Safe travels Jeanette - I love watching a good moon-rise too .

Waving rather damply to you all
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:51 AM   #4344
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning. I have a couple of errands to run today and then time getting inky. Have a good day!
Old 01-27-2016, 08:43 AM   #4345
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, congratulations to your duaghter! Woohoo! And I"m sure she is sweet like her mama and will be a nice principal

Yes, auditioning for a school does sounds bizarre - lol. I get that a lot. You attend your elem, middle, high schools per your housing/school zone. Except if it is a performing arts or charter school (like academic excellence) - then you apply. You either test in (academics) or audition in (band, orchestra, chorus, art, drama) and get accepted, or not. If not, you just got to the school you are supposed to - in our case, the PArts school is the same one, he just won't be in any of the 'strands' or speciality areas. He's in advanced and gifted classes so he will be plenty challenged - he just hopes to be in drama so we are crossing our fingers! His audition went superb. He said it ranked a 9 out of 10, all the students were cracking up and 2 of the 3 judges were rolling in their seats. He's one of the naturally funniest kids I know so maybe that will come in handy, lol. We won't know about the schools until March - eek!

We went to the Arrow of Light Ceremony last night after school, rehearsal, church ... made it in time! He crosses over to big boy 'Boy Scouts' next month. My friend sent me these - but at least it's viewable, lol!

Hugs to all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2336.jpg (37.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2410.jpg (45.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-27-2016, 06:23 PM   #4346
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Lynn, congratulations to your duaghter! Woohoo! And I"m sure she is sweet like her mama and will be a nice principal

Yes, auditioning for a school does sounds bizarre - lol. I get that a lot. You attend your elem, middle, high schools per your housing/school zone. Except if it is a performing arts or charter school (like academic excellence) - then you apply. You either test in (academics) or audition in (band, orchestra, chorus, art, drama) and get accepted, or not. If not, you just got to the school you are supposed to - in our case, the PArts school is the same one, he just won't be in any of the 'strands' or speciality areas. He's in advanced and gifted classes so he will be plenty challenged - he just hopes to be in drama so we are crossing our fingers! His audition went superb. He said it ranked a 9 out of 10, all the students were cracking up and 2 of the 3 judges were rolling in their seats. He's one of the naturally funniest kids I know so maybe that will come in handy, lol. We won't know about the schools until March - eek!

We went to the Arrow of Light Ceremony last night after school, rehearsal, church ... made it in time! He crosses over to big boy 'Boy Scouts' next month. My friend sent me these - but at least it's viewable, lol!

Hugs to all!
Pics are great Kelly. Congrats to him on moving upward in the Scouting program. Hope all goes well with the school situation and he gets to be where he's supposed to be. Don't you hate waiting.

Saw on the news tonight about big storms down in Florida. Hope you are NOT in the way of any of those tornadoes.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:32 PM   #4347
Quacker Stamper

It's been a busy week so far at work. Boss will be out part of the day tomorrow and then out of town on Friday for a meeting in Austin and then for a mediation on Monday in San Antonio, so a nice quiet long weekend for me. Our paralegal's DH is in the hospital with heart issues. I think they are going to do bypass surgery on him on Friday. I'm sure they would appreciate prayers. He's the kind that really doesn't take care of himself. He's got High BP and works himself like crazy and never slows down.

Tomorrow night is Single Chicks. It's been awhile since we've gotten together, so I'm looking forward to that. We're going to a new Chinese place.

Saturday I get to drive up to Lake Livingston with my DD and her DH. His mom was moved to a nursing home this week. She's at the end of life. Not sure how much longer it will be, but her DH can no longer care for her at home. It's such a sad thing. I drew up estate papers for them to sign and have notarized last Friday and my DD and SIL took them up there last Saturday. They went to the local bank to have them witnessed and notarized, and the notary there didn't like the way some of them were done, so wouldn't notarize them. They did get her Medical POA and Directive done so those were the most important ones. I was a tad upset because it was NOT that notaries job to say what should or shouldn't be notarized. It's their job just to do the notary part. I found out from my boss that they are not even supposed to read the papers Their job is strictly to put their signature on the paper. So that's why I'm going up, so I can notarize all the rest of the papers that didn't get done. It will finally give me a chance though to see my niece's lake house that she's been inviting me too since last Summer. She will be up there this weekend, so we'll drive over to see her and the house and then get lunch on the way back.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:58 PM   #4348
Quacker Stamper

Have you all heard the sad news about Basic Gray, that they are getting out of the paper crafting business and won't be manufacturing any more paper. They are going into fabrics. I went to the A Cherry on Top tonight and bought some BG that I didn't have - just a few 6 x 6 paper pads and journaling cards.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:37 AM   #4349

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Kelly, congrats to little man! (Though after seeing the FANTASTIC photos, I may have to quit calling him little man. He's getting closer and closer to your height.)

Maggie, I had not heard about Basic Gray. So sad. (I heard someone say the trends are saying papercrafting is on the way out. Has anyone else heard that?)

Maxine, I sure hope your weather is better now! My trip/meeting was good, thanks!

Barb, love your fun greetings! Did you get inky?

What's everybody up to today?

I'm not sure what today will bring. We have a Bible Study luncheon, but I also need to make a hospital visit in the nearby city (1 1/2 hours away) so am not sure if I'll skip the luncheon and go do that today or if I'll wait until tomorrow to do it. I'm waiting for DH to wake up and we'll talk about the best plan of action, since either way will require him to be available for Brock.

Find Me on Instagram

Kiwime likes this post.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:38 AM   #4350
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I did get inky yesterday. I completed a swap and two DT cards--Yay for me! I am having a SU party tonight at my demo's house for a couple of stamping friends as I am hostess for our club in February--another Yay for me! I love being hostess during SAB time.

Have a Terrific Thursday!
mschoener, Forest Ranger and Kiwime like this post.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:46 PM   #4351
Pearl-ExPert

Jeanette, I also heard that papercrafting could be going by the wayside. Too much technology out there now I guess. No one takes photos anymore unless they're on a phone these days it seems. Also heard that Michael's may be getting out of all the scrapbooking type things too. And of course it was really said about Basic Gray. They had such pretty paper.

Got my nose job done last week and the stitches out yesterday. I lost count after they took 22 out. Yikes! Look a little like Frankenstein's sister right now but maybe it'll look better some day.

Kelly, the pictures are great - but........he's no longer little. I know you don't ever want to hear that though. My son is 40 and to me he's still the "little man"! LOL!
Old 01-28-2016, 06:56 PM   #4352
Mad Swapper

Ouch Lynn - that sounds extensive!!! Hope it fully heals soon - thankfully with the good blood supply to the face things don't take too long...... Praying they got all the nasties!!
Old 01-29-2016, 04:46 AM   #4353

Barb, I'm glad you had an inky fun time!

Ouch, Lynn, that sounds terribly painful! Are you doing okay? I'm sad, too, about Paper Gray... and if that's true about Michael's I'll be so very VERY sad.

Maxine, I'm praying along with you! How are you doing these days? Still enjoying produce from the garden?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-29-2016, 06:44 AM   #4354
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning!

Maggie, I had not heard about Basic Grey (or Paper Gray as Jeanette says - hee hee!) That makes me sad! I LOVE LOVE their mat stacks. I will miss them Last weekend, I reorganized some of my crafting supplies to find things and found many of my OLD 6 x 6 stacks. Now I'm nostalgic!

I, too, have heard that this is a dying art. Many LSS's have closed, as well as smaller online stamp stores and companies. I suspect the ones that will be around the longest will be huge conglomerates like SU!

LOL on the "little man" = he's already my height (I was wearing 3" heels!) At just 11, we are eye to eye ........ can't imagine he will have much of my slight stature by the time he's grown up

LYNN! Bless your heart - that sounds painful! Speedy recovery, my friend - I hope you heal nicely and Rambo takes it easy on you at play/romp around time

Our Book Club met up again this week - we met up at The Corner Bakery (not sure if that is local or a chain - but YUM on the salads!) We are reading Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson - not sure it's a book club style book but it's FABULOUS on it's own as a read ........ so far, thumbs up! The problem I have with our book club is that I am a speed reader and plow through a book and can't stop and go chapter by chapter - ugh, it's just excrutiating to pace myself!

Speaking of hilarious, one of the ladies told me about another book (the title is a bit ............ harsh!) but she said she thought of me and 'those cards you make" because there is a section on scrapbookers and paper crafters, LOL! She's like "you ladies are insane ......."

Here it is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/034554983X?keywords=people%20I%20want%20to%20punch%20in&qid=1454078356&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
SO there you go, we're insane!

Scattering hugs!
Old 01-29-2016, 06:47 AM   #4355

Kelly, my mind knew grey, but my fingers liked gray better. How sad about the hobby we love.

Wow... won't be long until little man is taller than you are. I remember when my nephew "outgrew" my mom... she said, "Darrell, I look up to you now." His quick-witted response was "Grandma, you should have been looking up to me all along."

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-29-2016, 01:38 PM   #4356
Mad Swapper

Hmmm Kelly - that read could be hilarious. We are not insane, just having enjoyable therapy!!
Yes Jeanette we are still harvesting beans, peas (last lot picked now) zucchini, tomatoes are just ripening. as are the sweet corn.... I have taken the first fruits off the broccoli, and now the side shoots are growing, and the cabbages are huge!! Will be pick rhubarb today

Hugs to you Lynn - gentle ones I might add! Praying the healing is on track.

Barb you sound one busy lady - hope the inky-ness continues today.

Maggie it's so sad to hear supplies are tightening - I have no local supplier - there are a few art supplies around, but no real stamping/card making/scrapping stuff! The worst is have to send overseas for stuff......... with the low $$ and frieght is is a killer.

I have also been in the studio (hiding there with the air con on) and creating a storm, trying to get ahead before my arm is immobilized, although I am still waiting to hear when surgery will be....

Waving to you all - Kristie and Kel I hope all is well with you...
Old 01-30-2016, 04:10 AM   #4357

Oh Maxine, your garden veggies sound wonderful!!!

We went to the city yesterday afternoon/evening... made a hospital visit, went to several stores trying to find/buy puppy shots to mail to a certain puppy in Alaska (well, to his "mama") - we weren't successful, ate at Olive Garden, and enjoyed Starbucks on the drive home, too. It was a good day!

Leaving a trail of (((HUGS))) and Merriment

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-30-2016, 05:40 AM   #4358
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Kelly, congrats to little man! (Though after seeing the FANTASTIC photos, I may have to quit calling him little man. He's getting closer and closer to your height.)

Maggie, I had not heard about Basic Gray. So sad. (I heard someone say the trends are saying papercrafting is on the way out. Has anyone else heard that?)

Maxine, I sure hope your weather is better now! My trip/meeting was good, thanks!

Barb, love your fun greetings! Did you get inky?

What's everybody up to today?

I'm not sure what today will bring. We have a Bible Study luncheon, but I also need to make a hospital visit in the nearby city (1 1/2 hours away) so am not sure if I'll skip the luncheon and go do that today or if I'll wait until tomorrow to do it. I'm waiting for DH to wake up and we'll talk about the best plan of action, since either way will require him to be available for Brock.

I haven't really heard that about paper crafting, but I see it happening. There is so much available in the digital world. I'm not one of them though. If I scrapbook, it will be with real papers. I see the changes in get togethers - not many people do that anymore and it used to be so much fun.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:42 AM   #4359

Maggie, I agree. I can't imagine I would do the digital scrapbooking. I need to feel paper.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-30-2016, 05:42 AM   #4360
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Jeanette, I also heard that papercrafting could be going by the wayside. Too much technology out there now I guess. No one takes photos anymore unless they're on a phone these days it seems. Also heard that Michael's may be getting out of all the scrapbooking type things too. And of course it was really said about Basic Gray. They had such pretty paper.

Got my nose job done last week and the stitches out yesterday. I lost count after they took 22 out. Yikes! Look a little like Frankenstein's sister right now but maybe it'll look better some day.

Kelly, the pictures are great - but........he's no longer little. I know you don't ever want to hear that though. My son is 40 and to me he's still the "little man"! LOL!
Glad things went well with the surgery. Have you tried some of that oil that helps reduce scars? I used it on my foot last year and I really think it helped a lot. It's not completely gone, but sure looks lots better.