Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2016, 09:25 AM   #4281
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

WOW--I had no idea the Jeanette would check back in as I thought she had a busy day! However, I was able to bring Smoochy in from the cold Wisconsin temps!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-13-2016, 02:46 PM   #4282
Swapper of the Month March 2013

SMOOCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Smoochy!

Thank you, Barb!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:47 PM   #4283
Insane Embellisher

Maggie - saying prayers for your sister. I hope the surgery gets all the cancer out. The lumpectomy is what my mom had done in October 2014. So far, so good. Good luck with WW! My mom has been doing it for 8-9 years now and has been quite successful with it.

Lynn - praying Jim gets better soon. I'm sorry your new year has been off to a rough start!

Shelly - Feel better from that root canal! I think it's great that you are able to go and help your parents often. I am sure your dad does appreciate it even if it isn't expressing it quite right.

Work has been pretty crazy. Yesterday and today were the first quiet days I've had in awhile. I've not been in the mood to do much except read and use the elliptical. Trying to get back into those good habits again since I gained the 5 lbs I lost last summer. I have much more than that to lose but need to start somewhere. I've been trying to clean up the craft room a bit too..making progress! I should be back on track over the upcoming long weekend.

Hugs to all!
Old 01-14-2016, 06:24 AM   #4284
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I hope your day is starting out great! The house is back to "normal", whatever that might be here.................... All of the decorations are put away for another year. I have a couple of errands to do today and will spend some time this morning in the craft room. Tonight I am headed to my demo Sarah's house for Bingo Night! This is a new event she is trying and I am sure it will be fun!

It is a bit warmer today as our temperature is 25 right now and no wind--we are actually going to get above freezing today. It will only last a few days as we are to be back below zero on Sunday! Winter in Wisconsin!!!!!!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:12 PM   #4285
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Checking in and waving hello - and a see ya next week! I"ll see you all on Tuesday.

We are off bright and early tomorrow for 4 days in the wilderness!
Dh and I are both taking little man to his Boy Scout camping in central Florida ('bought 2.5 hours out of Miami in RURAL Fl!) Its supposed to be cold and/or rainy and I'm silently having 500 temper tantrums an hour!

"You wanted ADVENTURE!" dh says. Funny man!

We'll be there 4 days, in rickety tents and sleeping bags, with NO ELECTRICITY! Hello! I can (sorta!) go without my Starbucks or a hair dryer - but come on! LOL!!! We've been warned there are 1. critters and 2. port'o potties and 3. no electricity whatsoever so the minute it gets dark, I'm running for the SUV! It has a built in tv, radio, car charger .... LOL!!! There's archery, canoes, outdoors, adventure ... I have a great sense of adventure but when they tell me "Oh, the lake - stay out of it - it has water mocassins! Oh, and we saw two - not one, but TWO, rattlers in camp last year!" 'Scuse me?!!!!!!!!

"It will be fun! You'll love it!" they said. NOT!

Luckily, we are blessed with a wonderful Den and the kids are great, the families greater and I am hoping for the best. Guess you'll either hear back from me on Tuesday or my dh will have me committed, whichever comes first!

Maggie, prayers and best wishes for your sister. My mom went through that, and it's rough but support is key!

Lynn, continued prayers - thinking of you and Jim!

I wish you all a wonderful weekend ......... and myself as well - ROFL!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:53 PM   #4286
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Maggie, it's so good to see your posts. And to hear what your cooking for the meeting is making me hungry. Sounds delicious!

I'm praying for your sister... so glad they've found this early. I'm praying everything goes smoothly and she's C-free soon!
The food turned out really good. Everyone loved it and took some of the sandwiches and cake home. I even took the leftover cake to work and gave a couple of my salmon salad sandwiches to one of the girls at work. She really appreciated them since her apartment is in turmoil. She had a water pipe leak and half of her apartment was flooded. They had to take all her furniture out and take up the carpet and put new padding down. She's had to sleep on her couch the last 2 nights.

Thank you for the prayers. I know she appreciates them. I have not heard any more from her about what the next step is going to be. They've also had a loss in the family. The mother of her son's ex-wife passed away unexpectedly this past weekend. I think I saw somewhere that she had pneumonia. It's more sad because the ex-wife's sister died from cancer about 3 years ago. She is really still a big part of the family and gets invited to some of the gatherings where the son is not going to be since he's remarried.

Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:54 PM   #4287
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Today I have 3 meetings.... yikes! And I need to finish laundry, and pack... and finish two cards that are a work-in-progress from yesterday. I guess I'll prop my feet up and relax.................. tomorrow. Not! But I will sit a lot tomorrow... in the car (2 1/2 hours to the airport, in the airport, on the plane, in the van from the airport to the hotel (45 minutes), in the meeting.

I'm leaving in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow... and won't return until late Saturday night........... so I'll see everyone again on Monday! Have a great end of the week and weekend!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
Wishing it was Friday. Hope you have a safe trip Jeanette.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:56 PM   #4288
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Maggie - saying prayers for your sister. I hope the surgery gets all the cancer out. The lumpectomy is what my mom had done in October 2014. So far, so good. Good luck with WW! My mom has been doing it for 8-9 years now and has been quite successful with it.

Lynn - praying Jim gets better soon. I'm sorry your new year has been off to a rough start!

Shelly - Feel better from that root canal! I hink it's great that you are able to go and help your parents often. I am sure your dad does appreciate it even if it isn't expressing it quite right.

Work has been pretty crazy. Yesterday and today were the first quiet days I've had in awhile. I've not been in the mood to do much except read and use the elliptical. Trying to get back into those good habits again since I gained the 5 lbs I lost last summer. I have much more than that to lose but need to start somewhere. I've been trying to clean up the craft room a bit too..making progress! I should be back on track over the upcoming long weekend.

Hugs to all!
Thank you Kristie. Now sure yet when the next step will be. I need to call and chat with her about it.

It's been a busy week at the office. The paralegal has been out the last 2 days with my baby attorney boss. That meant today I had to do some of her work for my regular boss since she wasn't there and it was something that she would normally do. It was okay. Kept me busy.

I've had no mojo, although I really do want to get in and create something. I've been a slug at home not getting anything done really except the regular clean up around the house. I am so looking forward to the weekend. No real plans except dinner at DD's on Sunday to celebrate my DGS's birthday on the 19th. He is going to be 17!!!!!!! He's our baby! Gosh they grow up so fast.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:59 PM   #4289
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Checking in and waving hello - and a see ya next week! I"ll see you all on Tuesday.

Dh and I are both taking little man to his Boy Scout camping in central Florida ('bought 2.5 hours out of Miami in RURAL Fl!) Its supposed to be cold and/or rainy and I'm silently having 500 temper tantrums an hour!

We'll be there 4 days, in rickety tents and sleeping bags, with NO ELECTRICITY! Hello! I can (sorta!) go without my Starbucks or a hair dryer - but come on! LOL!!! We've been warned there are 1. critters and 2. port'o potties and 3. no electricity whatsoever so the minute it gets dark, I'm running for the SUV! It has a built in tv, radio, car charger .... LOL!!! There's archery, canoes, outdoors, adventure ... I have a great sense of adventure but when they tell me "Oh, the lake - stay out of it - it has water mocassins! Oh, and we saw two - not one, but TWO, rattlers in camp last year!" 'Scuse me?!!!!!!!!

"It will be fun! You'll love it!" they said. NOT!

Luckily, we are blessed with a wonderful Den and the kids are great, the families greater and I am hoping for the best. Guess you'll either hear back from me on Tuesday or my dh will have me committed, whichever comes first!

Maggie, prayers and best wishes for your sister. My mom went through that, and it's rough but support is key!

Lynn, continued prayers - thinking of you and Jim!

I wish you all a wonderful weekend ......... and myself as well - ROFL!
Thanks Kelly. I have 2 friends who are breast cancer survivors also. I think we all know someone who has been touched by it in some way.

My kind of camping is the closest 5 star hotel! Hope you have a great time though Kelly and return home in one piece.

barbaralynn and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:32 AM   #4290
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--It is Finally Friday!!!!!

I did have a great time last night at Stamp Bingo. I did win the first round of Bingo and I had a choice of 5 different bundles of stamping things. I picked the one with two new stamp sets, 2 packs of cardstock, 2 packs of baker's twine and one package of the new enamel dots. We had five rounds of regular bingo, with a make and take between every two rounds. The last round was for a $50 credit and we had to fill our entire card. Sarah is going to have another night in March, but I am not around then--darn!

I am going to a stamp class at my LLS today--making Love Cards!

Have a Fantastic Friday!
Old 01-17-2016, 10:41 AM   #4291
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Happy Sunday

Whew- weekend flying by fast! Worked Fri and Sat., went out to dinner with Katie Friday after work, then went to be early- had a scratchy throat. Yesterday worked, then went out to eat with 3 other couples and went back to one of the houses and chatted it up for a while.

I am headed back to Ky- have a week off, Dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday with a collapsed lung and a fast/irregular heart rate. Mom has dementia, so cannot be left alone. I am hoping this trip that we can set up home care, or will have to consider whether or not I will keep running there so much- if they do not hire help, the siblings think it is enabling to keep running there so much...... Please keep them in prayers!

Oh Kelly, you really are going to have a weekend- cannot wait to hear about it! The kids remember those fun occasions- I am sure it means so much to your son that you are going there!

Barb- you are so lucky- what a fun win! And, lots of stamping- good for you. My SU demo moved to Florida, she used to give me a discount, so not sure what I will do now. The others I have found just do not have as nice of cards.... : (

Maggie- hope the new is good- aka clean margins! The Salmon sandwiches sound great- love salmon : ) Always sounds like a good day when your boss is out too!

Kristie- good luck with the weight loss- I would have to set my goal as more like 15#..... I have gained 8 over X-mas and my doc's scale is 5# higher than mine : ( Good luck with organizing your craft room. Mine is moving along very slowly, as I am constantly going to Ky!

Waving hello to everyone else- Safe travels for Jeanette and speedy healing for Jim.

Shelly
Old 01-17-2016, 11:32 AM   #4292
SCS RAK Coordinator

We were at a trivia event last night as a fund raiser for the Humane Society--so that is where we watched the exciting, however frustrating Packer game! Our trivia team did OK--out of 12 teams, we tied for third and were in the top three all night long. This was the first year of the contest at the new shelter and I am sure it will continue in the future.

The last set of dogs went home today as their owners stopped by today before church. They just came from a Hawaiian Island cruise and I am sure the minus 7 this morning was a bit cooler than what they were used to..................

Watching football today too and enjoying the sunshine--from inside!!!!
Old 01-17-2016, 06:52 PM   #4293
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I hope you are doing okay during your time in the wilderness, Kelly! I couldn't do it!!
Old 01-17-2016, 06:54 PM   #4294
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post

I did have a great time last night at Stamp Bingo. I did win the first round of Bingo and I had a choice of 5 different bundles of stamping things. I picked the one with two new stamp sets, 2 packs of cardstock, 2 packs of baker's twine and one package of the new enamel dots. We had five rounds of regular bingo, with a make and take between every two rounds. The last round was for a $50 credit and we had to fill our entire card. Sarah is going to have another night in March, but I am not around then--darn!

Have a Fantastic Friday!
Wow, Barb, that's an awesome prize!! Enjoy your new stuff!
Old 01-17-2016, 06:57 PM   #4295
Insane Embellisher

Shelly - saying prayers for your parents and you! I hope you can get them agree that they need a little more help than you can give them at this point. It won't always be possible for you to run to KY when they need you. I am glad you have the week off to help out now. I hope your dad feels better soon.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:00 PM   #4296
Insane Embellisher

Day 2 of my 3 day weekend is almost over. Yesterday was fun. Our LSS moved a bit down the road to a new location after 10 years. I went to their first crop with two friends from my local group. I made 6 cards and two bookmarks. I'll go back there in 2 weeks for two Lawn Fawn classes with Jenn Shurkus.

After a very late night and sleeping in today, I went to visit my niece and nephew. Maddie will be 3 weeks on Tuesday. Time is flying by so fast!

Tomorrow I am hoping to get more crafting done. I'd like to get some scrapbook pages made.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 01-17-2016, 07:47 PM   #4297
Pearl-ExPert

Whew!!!! What a time I've had! Jim is starting to feel a little better I think and not as weak as he was when we first came home from the hospital. The pneumonia seems to be on the downswing now but he has COPD and is on oxygen all the time. That's taking a lot of getting used to for both of us needless to say. I keep having to get up during the night several times to make sure he's still got it in his nose and all that. Makes for some long nights around here but guess I'm getting used to it more now. I can't seem to sleep during the day because there are always 100 other things to do right now. We're getting the routine down once again though so we'll be ok. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for us.

This weekend was really nice with football and basketball on! LOL! Kept him occupied and I was even able to make a quick card for Valentine. I'm really missing blogging and visiting everyone.

No way can I ever catch up on all the chatter here but did see that Maggie's sister needed some prayers right now. Maggie, I'm sorry she's having this medical issue and hope all turns out good. So thankful they caught it early.
And Kelly camping..........yikes! What fun though! So many wonderful memories being made.
Also saw that Darlene posted a card! YEA! Hope all is well with you Darlene! Think about you all the time.
Kristie, you're so lucky to live close to a craft store and get to go to all the classes and things. I can't think of anything more fun right now.
Barb, that's great about the trivia contest and taking 3rd place. Sounds like so much fun too. I KNOW it's cold there! Don't know how you stand such frigid temps!
Jeanette, let's see.......last I saw I think you were traveling! Busy, busy, busy......and did I see you were coming to Texas? Wish it was close to me so we could meet.

Shelly, please don't ever think you're enabling your parents about being there for them. I think you're just a wonderful person for going like you do and caring for them. Jim has two sons. The oldest lives about an hour from us - and he's been here one time since Jim had the stroke in July!!!!!! Yep! And when he came he only stayed about 2 hours and then was gone. He's just been "busy"....going to his deer lease, etc....No excuse! He calls at least once a week but it's not the same as if he'd come and at least attempt to help out some. His youngest son lives about 3 hours from us and we haven't seen him at all. Just so busy......UM.......no comment! But anyway, Shelly, hope your dad gets to come home from the hospital soon and y'all find some care for your parents. It's not an easy situation to be in I'm sure.

I'll get off my high horse now (LOL) and close but just wanted to let y'all know I'm still here and will be back soon!
Old 01-18-2016, 06:46 AM   #4298
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning! It is cooooooold here today. Wind Chill is -22 and real temps are below zero! Again, it is sunny, so a nice day too look out the windows, from the warmth of the inside! It is the last day of cold temperatures and we will be in the 20's the rest of the week and above freezing next weekend.

I am heading to the stamp room to finish a swap and start to get projects ready for Camp Stamp-in-Oga this weekend. My friend Darlene--yes the one who is a member of this group--is flying in on Thursday and is staying until Monday. Another SCS'er Terry is coming on Saturday too and staying all day with us! It should be a great day stamping and laughing and just having fun! I know Darlene is ready for a get away and we are ready to spoil her too!

I have a meeting tonight and one tomorrow night too-so a busy week here.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:58 AM   #4299

Shelly, I am sorry to hear about your dad's health situation... and am glad to hear you are able to go help. I know it takes a lot out of a person to go as often as you do, but I'm sure your parents appreciate you. I'll be praying for you as you consider the best options for the future.

Lynn, oh my! Sounds like you and Jim have had a lot to deal with. Continued prayers for both of you!

Kelly, having fun yet? Yikes! I know how you love camping (NOT!) so am hoping it's going okay. One. more.day. Then you'll be home to civilization again.

Maggie, you are so generous... giving food to friends, co-workers, etc. I hope they appreciate you!

Barb, congrats on the Bingo win!

Kristie, it sounds like you had fun at the LSS... and more fun in your future, too! YAY!

Waving to everyone else.

I am home from my second out-of-state trip in a week (southern states)............ and came home to Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I am longing for the warmer weather of the south.

I have a meeting tonight - and I'm in charge... making refreshments, putting my head around the final details, too. So that will fill most of my day.

Tomorrow I hope to play.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:26 PM   #4300
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Whew- weekend flying by fast! Worked Fri and Sat., went out to dinner with Katie Friday after work, then went to be early- had a scratchy throat. Yesterday worked, then went out to eat with 3 other couples and went back to one of the houses and chatted it up for a while.

I am headed back to Ky- have a week off, Dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday with a collapsed lung and a fast/irregular heart rate. Mom has dementia, so cannot be left alone. I am hoping this trip that we can set up home care, or will have to consider whether or not I will keep running there so much- if they do not hire help, the siblings think it is enabling to keep running there so much...... Please keep them in prayers!

Oh Kelly, you really are going to have a weekend- cannot wait to hear about it! The kids remember those fun occasions- I am sure it means so much to your son that you are going there!

Barb- you are so lucky- what a fun win! And, lots of stamping- good for you. My SU demo moved to Florida, she used to give me a discount, so not sure what I will do now. The others I have found just do not have as nice of cards.... : (

Maggie- hope the new is good- aka clean margins! The Salmon sandwiches sound great- love salmon : ) Always sounds like a good day when your boss is out too!

Kristie- good luck with the weight loss- I would have to set my goal as more like 15#..... I have gained 8 over X-mas and my doc's scale is 5# higher than mine : ( Good luck with organizing your craft room. Mine is moving along very slowly, as I am constantly going to Ky!

Waving hello to everyone else- Safe travels for Jeanette and speedy healing for Jim.

Shelly
Sorry about your dad Shelly, sort of puts aside his feelings about not having you go up there so often. Sounds like they are going to need some real help up there on an ongoing everyday schedule.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:30 PM   #4301
Quacker Stamper

Left work early today to meet the ATT guy. Two of my DVR receivers went out on Saturday, the one in my bedroom and the one in my stamp room. At first they were supposed to send someone yesterday between 1 & 4, but then I got a text telling me that they were coming between 4 & 8. Unfortunately, I was going to be at DD's for my DGS's birthday celebration. Had to reschedule so it was today. Lucky too that the guy got there just a little before 4. So instead of having to replace 2 of the boxes, turns out it was the splitter outside that he was able to replace and the 2 TV's are working perfectly!

Since one was the TV in my stamp room, I had to move a bunch of stuff from in front of where the connection comes in from outside. I had boxes of old negatives and old letters and memorabilia. Letters from my oldest DD after she left home. They were interesting and I need to remind her of some of the things she said. I have letters from my mom and some aunts, my younger brothers wife and other friends. One day it will be fun to sit down and really read them. I'd really like to become more of a letter writer. Maybe the one to do that is through those pocket letters. Now I have to go clean it all up and put it back. I did toss out some stuff out.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:32 PM   #4302
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Have a Fantastic Friday!
Sounds like you got a great prize Barb.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:36 PM   #4303
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post

Shelly
My sis goes to see her surgeon on Thursday, so we don't know yet exactly what the protocol is going to be except for the surgery. She mentioned that they might want to do radiation. If I were her I'd opt out of that since the tumor is small and it's not invasive anywhere else, but that's her decision.

Yes, and looking forward to him being gone Thursday afternoon and all day Friday up in Austin for and ADR Seminar.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:39 PM   #4304
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Day 2 of my 3 day weekend is almost over. Yesterday was fun. Our LSS moved a bit down the road to a new location after 10 years. I went to their first crop with two friends from my local group. I made 6 cards and two bookmarks. I'll go back there in 2 weeks for two Lawn Fawn classes with Jenn Shurkus.

After a very late night and sleeping in today, I went to visit my niece and nephew. Maddie will be 3 weeks on Tuesday. Time is flying by so fast!

Tomorrow I am hoping to get more crafting done. I'd like to get some scrapbook pages made.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
I really miss having an LSS store close by to go to events. As big as Houston is, there doesn't seem to be many people who are interested in stamping anymore. It used to be a lot of fun to get together. YOu really keep busy with your cards and pages.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:44 PM   #4305
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Whew!!!! What a time I've had! Jim is starting to feel a little better I think and not as weak as he was when we first came home from the hospital. The pneumonia seems to be on the downswing now but he has COPD and is on oxygen all the time. That's taking a lot of getting used to for both of us needless to say. I keep having to get up during the night several times to make sure he's still got it in his nose and all that. Makes for some long nights around here but guess I'm getting used to it more now. I can't seem to sleep during the day because there are always 100 other things to do right now. We're getting the routine down once again though so we'll be ok. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for us.

This weekend was really nice with football and basketball on! LOL! Kept him occupied and I was even able to make a quick card for Valentine. I'm really missing blogging and visiting everyone.

No way can I ever catch up on all the chatter here but did see that Maggie's sister needed some prayers right now. Maggie, I'm sorry she's having this medical issue and hope all turns out good. So thankful they caught it early.
And Kelly camping..........yikes! What fun though! So many wonderful memories being made.
Also saw that Darlene posted a card! YEA! Hope all is well with you Darlene! Think about you all the time.
Kristie, you're so lucky to live close to a craft store and get to go to all the classes and things. I can't think of anything more fun right now.
Barb, that's great about the trivia contest and taking 3rd place. Sounds like so much fun too. I KNOW it's cold there! Don't know how you stand such frigid temps!
Jeanette, let's see.......last I saw I think you were traveling! Busy, busy, busy......and did I see you were coming to Texas? Wish it was close to me so we could meet.

Shelly, please don't ever think you're enabling your parents about being there for them. I think you're just a wonderful person for going like you do and caring for them. Jim has two sons. The oldest lives about an hour from us - and he's been here one time since Jim had the stroke in July!!!!!! Yep! And when he came he only stayed about 2 hours and then was gone. He's just been "busy"....going to his deer lease, etc....No excuse! He calls at least once a week but it's not the same as if he'd come and at least attempt to help out some. His youngest son lives about 3 hours from us and we haven't seen him at all. Just so busy......UM.......no comment! But anyway, Shelly, hope your dad gets to come home from the hospital soon and y'all find some care for your parents. It's not an easy situation to be in I'm sure.

I'll get off my high horse now (LOL) and close but just wanted to let y'all know I'm still here and will be back soon!
Lynn, sorry that Jim has to be on oxygen all the time now. Hard when your sleep gets interrupted all the time. You really need time to rest so that you don't get sick yourself. Sorry that the kids are not more help and don't keep in touch. I know the feeling though. My oldest right now is a bit like that, but I understand that they are starting their own business and it does take time. I let things go for awhile and then will call her. It's funny because of some of the things she said in those old letters. I'm going to have to scan a couple and send them to her.

Hang in there. Sending HUGS!
Old 01-18-2016, 04:45 PM   #4306
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning! It is cooooooold here today. Wind Chill is -22 and real temps are below zero! Again, it is sunny, so a nice day too look out the windows, from the warmth of the inside! It is the last day of cold temperatures and we will be in the 20's the rest of the week and above freezing next weekend.

I am heading to the stamp room to finish a swap and start to get projects ready for Camp Stamp-in-Oga this weekend. My friend Darlene--yes the one who is a member of this group--is flying in on Thursday and is staying until Monday. Another SCS'er Terry is coming on Saturday too and staying all day with us! It should be a great day stamping and laughing and just having fun! I know Darlene is ready for a get away and we are ready to spoil her too!

I have a meeting tonight and one tomorrow night too-so a busy week here.
Hope you have a great time at your stamp camp and I hope that the weather holds up.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:26 PM   #4307
Mad Swapper

Hi there - it's been good catching up on all the news.

Lynn so sorry to hear Jim is on oxygen all the time - the broken sleep is a killer, but the need to keep the oxygen 'on' is overwhelming... hugs and prayers, and take care of yourself, it's important. Thankfully I don't have to do the oxygen supervision, yet.....

It's always hard when family don't pull together - thankfully ours is wonderful when it comes to helping, and having them local is a real blessing. Maggie and Lynn I hear you .

That stamp camp sounds amazing Barb - I remember you going last year - please give Darlene my love and a hug, as I can't get there to do so.

Jeanette you sound like the engergiser bunny who just keeps going and going and going!! Hope all your hostessing and leading tasks go smoothly.

Good to see you popping in Kristie - oh to have a LSS - but July and the big stamp expo are coming up!!

Kelly - I see you are blogging again so the creepy crawlies and snakes and bugs and bears obviously did not get you - thankfully. Looking forward to hearing how the camp went
it's been hot and wet here, but clearing again for the weekend - the garden is starting to crop and we are eating vegetables as though they are going out of fashion - i may have to resort to freezing them, but I much prefer fresh. May share with the family rather than freeze.

Waving to you all from sunny and warm down under!!
Old 01-19-2016, 04:54 AM   #4308

Maggie, I'm glad the TV repair was more simple than they first thought. Sounds like you walked down memory lane a bit, too, when moving things for the repair.

Maxine, I am so jealous! I would love to have some fresh produce from the garden right now. Enjoy a nibble for me, okay?

Oh, and did I mention we never made it above 16 degrees yesterday, it is currently 12 degrees, and it's supposed to start snowing this evening and snow ALL DAY TOMORROW?!?!?!? I'm. so. ready. for. spring!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-19-2016, 05:47 AM   #4309
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies!

Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:10 AM   #4310
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Okay, ya'll - we're home! Rolled in late last yesterday and showered off 15 layers of dirt and happiness! That boy was beaming from ear to ear and had a blast like none other, while mommy contemplated never coming out of my bubble bath ever - LOL! It was unbelievably fun, unexpectedly so, but very hard at the same time ...

In the middle of NOWHERE rustic Florida, pretty sure Colombus forgot to discover this patch of America - ROFL! I have such a respect for people who do this FOR FUN! No RVs, No cabins - just you, the dirt, your tent, fireplace and whatever fun/food/insanity you wanted to bring along! The boys did so much, as did I - jumped right in and volunteered for all sorts of crazy stuff, like snake ranglin', nature walkabouts in 8" mud and oh so many memorable things! I took a TON of pictures (including one in the middle of a canoe caught in a current pulling us right into an alligator nest - YES, that happened!) Holy Camping ............ bucket list moment: Check!

We are back to the rat race today and kids could not get up for school - now it's time to pick them all up again! Dh took the day off - ROFL, the man could NOT keep up! - to 'clean up the tents' - uh-huh, okay honey - tee hee!

Lynn, glad to hear that Jim is on the mend. Goodness knows the caretaking is the hardest part of all of it but he's lucky to have you. And Shel, prayers for dad .........

I am sure I'm missing a lot. I had to scramble last night to get a card posted for today's DT listing (hate it, but didn't have time to make another before we left) so it is what it is, eh! I tried to make my blog rounds this am at the school library while breaks in book checks but will make my rounds again ........

Hugs, girls!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 01-20-2016, 04:21 AM   #4311

Hello Barb... lovely colorful greeting yesterday... hoping for a Smoochy greeting today.

Welcome back to civilization, Kelly. Oh my!!! Really? An alligator nest??? EEK!!!

We have snow, snow and more snow........ schools are closed today and I'm suspecting Brock's workplace will be, too, but still waiting to hear that. We have a lunch Bible study (DH is leading it at the church we just left) but I also suspect it will be canceled. The joys of winter. I. am. so. ready. for. spring!

I did manage to snag some time in my Working Studio yesterday. I had great fun making 4 cards! I might even get to make a card or two today, too!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #4312
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hello Barb... lovely colorful greeting yesterday... hoping for a Smoochy greeting today.

Welcome back to civilization, Kelly. Oh my!!! Really? An alligator nest??? EEK!!!

We have snow, snow and more snow........ schools are closed today and I'm suspecting Brock's workplace will be, too, but still waiting to hear that. We have a lunch Bible study (DH is leading it at the church we just left) but I also suspect it will be canceled. The joys of winter. I. am. so. ready. for. spring!

I did manage to snag some time in my Working Studio yesterday. I had great fun making 4 cards! I might even get to make a card or two today, too!!!

With all the snow and being stuck in the house, I hope you're able to have some fun time. I worked on my DT card last night. Tonight I have to finish putting it together. I need to go visit a lady from church first so won't have a lot of play time. I'm still trying to put it all back together after I had to tear it apart when the ATT guy came the other day.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #4313
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi there - it's been good catching up on all the news.

Lynn so sorry to hear Jim is on oxygen all the time - the broken sleep is a killer, but the need to keep the oxygen 'on' is overwhelming... hugs and prayers, and take care of yourself, it's important. Thankfully I don't have to do the oxygen supervision, yet.....

It's always hard when family don't pull together - thankfully ours is wonderful when it comes to helping, and having them local is a real blessing. Maggie and Lynn I hear you .

That stamp camp sounds amazing Barb - I remember you going last year - please give Darlene my love and a hug, as I can't get there to do so.

Jeanette you sound like the engergiser bunny who just keeps going and going and going!! Hope all your hostessing and leading tasks go smoothly.

Good to see you popping in Kristie - oh to have a LSS - but July and the big stamp expo are coming up!!

Kelly - I see you are blogging again so the creepy crawlies and snakes and bugs and bears obviously did not get you - thankfully. Looking forward to hearing how the camp went
it's been hot and wet here, but clearing again for the weekend - the garden is starting to crop and we are eating vegetables as though they are going out of fashion - i may have to resort to freezing them, but I much prefer fresh. May share with the family rather than freeze.

Waving to you all from sunny and warm down under!!
Hi Maxine, I saw that photo of your broccoli head that you picked from your garden. Wow! that sure was a big one.

I envy you your warm weather, but we'll be getting there. This weekend they are calling for us to have a freeze! Not looking forward to that especially since my Instacart is on the fritz. I've got a glitch somehow and they can't seem to be able to fix it, so I'm going to have to give it up.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:18 PM   #4314
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Okay, ya'll - we're home! Rolled in late last yesterday and showered off 15 layers of dirt and happiness! That boy was beaming from ear to ear and had a blast like none other, while mommy contemplated never coming out of my bubble bath ever - LOL! It was unbelievably fun, unexpectedly so, but very hard at the same time ...

In the middle of NOWHERE rustic Florida, pretty sure Colombus forgot to discover this patch of America - ROFL! I have such a respect for people who do this FOR FUN! No RVs, No cabins - just you, the dirt, your tent, fireplace and whatever fun/food/insanity you wanted to bring along! The boys did so much, as did I - jumped right in and volunteered for all sorts of crazy stuff, like snake ranglin', nature walkabouts in 8" mud and oh so many memorable things! I took a TON of pictures (including one in the middle of a canoe caught in a current pulling us right into an alligator nest - YES, that happened!) Holy Camping ............ bucket list moment: Check!

We are back to the rat race today and kids could not get up for school - now it's time to pick them all up again! Dh took the day off - ROFL, the man could NOT keep up! - to 'clean up the tents' - uh-huh, okay honey - tee hee!

Lynn, glad to hear that Jim is on the mend. Goodness knows the caretaking is the hardest part of all of it but he's lucky to have you. And Shel, prayers for dad .........

I am sure I'm missing a lot. I had to scramble last night to get a card posted for today's DT listing (hate it, but didn't have time to make another before we left) so it is what it is, eh! I tried to make my blog rounds this am at the school library while breaks in book checks but will make my rounds again ........

Hugs, girls!
YIkes! I think I would have been out of there in a minute if I had seen an alligator's nest anywhere close to where I was camping. Glad that it turned out okay and that you and DS had a good time over all. Boys just seem to like that sort of thing.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:19 PM   #4315
Quacker Stamper

Update: My DD's MIL is not doing well since her surgery. She's been in and out of the hospital for various reasons since then. She did finally get to go home instead of in rehab. That was hard on her DH since it's far from their home and he couldn't go home every night. The boys took turns going and staying with her every so often so he could go home and get some rest. I really don't see this ending well.

My sis goes to see her surgeon tomorrow, so I hope to hear from her after that about what is going to be the next step.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:05 PM   #4316
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon--very late check in today. I had an appointment this morning and did a couple of projects around the house when I got home. I had a meeting Monday night and one last night too--but I am home tonight...................... Tomorrow afternoon Darlene flies in and we might be heading to my great-niece's college basketball game as she is playing in Milwaukee.

I will check in tomorrow morning, but I am not sure how much I will be here after that. I plan to enjoy my time with Darlene and we have some fun things to do! I hope you have a great Wednesday!
Old 01-20-2016, 02:40 PM   #4317

Hi Maggie... I'm so sorry to hear your DD's MIL isn't doing well since the surgery. Praying things improve soon! (I've actually had a bit of cardmaking today - and also have been continuing the uploading of my stamps in my Evernote Inventory. Yikes! Today I worked on that too much, I guess... because in this one day I've used over half of my monthly allotment of space.)

Hi Barb... I wondered where you were.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-21-2016, 04:28 AM   #4318

FYI – I am leaving tomorrow morning for an out-of-town meeting and won’t be home again until late Saturday night, so unless I pop in again later today, you won’t see me again until Monday. Have a FANTASTIC weekend!!!

Leaving a trail of gasps and giggles....
and friendly (((HUGS))) too!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-21-2016, 06:54 AM   #4319
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! I hope your Thursday is terrific!!!!!

Jeanette--your greeting just makes me smile! Safe travels my friend!

I am glad that Darlene is flying out today and not tomorrow. She is heading to Orlando now--then to Milwaukee. Quite a interesting flight pattern! She will be here around 1:30!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:11 AM   #4320
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Afternoon--very late check in today. I had an appointment this morning and did a couple of projects around the house when I got home. I had a meeting Monday night and one last night too--but I am home tonight...................... Tomorrow afternoon Darlene flies in and we might be heading to my great-niece's college basketball game as she is playing in Milwaukee.

I will check in tomorrow morning, but I am not sure how much I will be here after that. I plan to enjoy my time with Darlene and we have some fun things to do! I hope you have a great Wednesday!
I take it that is "our" Darlene that is coming to visit you??? If so, give her a big hug from me. We really miss hearing from her. The holidays must have been so hard for her and the family.