Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-05-2016, 07:28 PM   #4241
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hello Friends

Barb, my day was good; I hope yours was too!

Lynn, oh dear! I am sorry Jim is so sick. Keeping you both in my thoughts/prayers!

I wanted to pop in before settling in for the night to let you know that I will not be on SCS tomorrow... I'm going to be gone all day. I'll see you again on Thursday.

G'night!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:43 PM   #4242
Mad Swapper

Oh Lynn what a start to the year for you and Jim . Hoping he, and you, are back at full strength soon. Sorry to hear the walls were being climbed due to lack of internet - I always call my computer my social life in a can!!

We had a couple of family gatherings over the Christmas/New Year break, but over all it was a quiet time for us. I packed the decorations away yesterday so now it is all officially 'over'. Both the 'kids' are back at work and the 'littles' are enjoying their long break from school.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #4243
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hi ladies : ) Doing nothing today- my goal was to get through my blog list and comment : ) Mission accomplished- Yippee! Lots of wonderful inspiration!

I did not sleep well last night- have a tooth ache- throbbing and sensitive. Dentist will come in tomorrow to see me at 4PM. Keeping fingers crossed. She is my friend, and usually works Mon and Thursday, and I hate to imposition her..... I have a bad feeling- hope it is not another root canal.....

I told my husband I would put the ornaments away and he does the rest....we decided not to decorate the tree since we were away for Christmas...there are just three ornaments on the tree for me to put away hehehe We have garland outside and a nativity set to disassemble, and the tree is pre-lit, so he takes care of that too.

We are heading to Ky either Thursday PM after I get off work or Friday AM. It will be our Christmas with them. My Mom fell and broke her wrist right before Christmas, so cannot drive at all. I will try to cook a bit as well and put some food away for them.

Welcome back Jeanette! Are you all unpacked already? So glad to hear you have an indoor 'playroom' in this house : ) How is Brock adjusting?

Lynn- sorry about Jim feeling ill- hope the meds clean out the gunk from his lungs Glad you have your internet back too.

Maxine- saw a post about your garden- how awesome to have fresh lettuce and produce. Do you have bunnies that eat your plants and lettuce? Glad you had a fab but quiet Christmas!

Kristi- you have been on a creative roll! Saw your Christmas decorations- lovely & it really made your house festive. Congrats on your new Niece!

Kelly- back to the grind tomorrow. I stock up on adhesives and other stuff when I get Joann coupons....... Hope everyone is on the mend from the flu bug there.

Barb hope you shake the bug quickly!

Maggie- you did quite a bit of holiday celebrating with family Do you buy all of the kids and Grandkids gifts? Or, do you exchange?

Quick question- if you want to submit to Take 10, is there a place to find the new sketch online of I do not buy the magazine???

Off to bed. Waving hello to everyone.

Shelly
Old 01-06-2016, 04:40 AM   #4244
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning. Happy Hump Day Wednesday!!!!!
Old 01-06-2016, 06:18 AM   #4245
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning - school's in! Back to the rat race, rushing to and fro and not happy in the least, lol. It's been a pretty smooth week w/ traffic - in the mornings, anyway. This week is full with meetings and rehearsals and upcoming trip meetings so I'm hoping to throw some images to color in my bag and work on something

Lynn sorry to hear about Jim but glad he's feeling better and the medicines are doing what they need to do! Sounds like a nice visit with the kids

Waving to all!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 01-06-2016, 03:19 PM   #4246
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, not sure what Take 10 is? Is it a craft magazine or what?
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:02 PM   #4247
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
I'm back among the living once again! Christmas was great. My daughter was here for a week. She left on Saturday to beat a big snow storm and ice in Lubbock, and then on Sunday my son and his crew came in - left a day early to beat the flooding in Dallas! LOL! They left on Tuesday. Wednesday morning my internet was dead - completely! Called the service company and of course due to Christmas and holidays they couldn't get out here until yesterday! Six days without a computer and I thought I'd go nuts! New Years Day was nice and quiet - and then Jim started feeling bad. Geeze!!!! We're suppose to have a good year not a bad one! Anyway, the next day we were sitting in the ER. He has a viral infection on one side and early pneumonia on the other. Double whammy! He's feeling better though with all the meds he's popping. Just the cough is lingering pretty bad. Follow up with the primary this afternoon.

So, that's whats been happening with me the last couple of weeks. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Years. Guess it's time to get back in the swing of things for me. Finally was able to throw together a card this morning so as soon as I get a picture of it, will be posting again.

I'll get around to everyone's blog as soon as possible!
Sorry that the visits got cut short, but I hope everyone made it home okay and no damage anywhere. It was pretty scary up in North Texas.

Sorry about the computer, but glad you were able to get it fixed. At least I have my Kindle to take the place of the laptop.

Wow! Poor Jim. I hope he's feeling much better by today. Not fun at all. I just had a little scratchiness in my throat the other day and thought I might come down with something too, but lucky me, it went away and I'm doing okay. I really do not want to start the year off being sick.

Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 01-06-2016, 05:06 PM   #4248
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oh Lynn what a start to the year for you and Jim . Hoping he, and you, are back at full strength soon. Sorry to hear the walls were being climbed due to lack of internet - I always call my computer my social life in a can!!

We had a couple of family gatherings over the Christmas/New Year break, but over all it was a quiet time for us. I packed the decorations away yesterday so now it is all officially 'over'. Both the 'kids' are back at work and the 'littles' are enjoying their long break from school.
Glad to hear that everything is back to normal. I hate to think that we have to wait until the end of March for our next holiday!
Old 01-06-2016, 05:18 PM   #4249
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hi ladies : ) Doing nothing today- my goal was to get through my blog list and comment : ) Mission accomplished- Yippee! Lots of wonderful inspiration!

I did not sleep well last night- have a tooth ache- throbbing and sensitive. Dentist will come in tomorrow to see me at 4PM. Keeping fingers crossed. She is my friend, and usually works Mon and Thursday, and I hate to imposition her..... I have a bad feeling- hope it is not another root canal.....

I told my husband I would put the ornaments away and he does the rest....we decided not to decorate the tree since we were away for Christmas...there are just three ornaments on the tree for me to put away hehehe We have garland outside and a nativity set to disassemble, and the tree is pre-lit, so he takes care of that too.

We are heading to Ky either Thursday PM after I get off work or Friday AM. It will be our Christmas with them. My Mom fell and broke her wrist right before Christmas, so cannot drive at all. I will try to cook a bit as well and put some food away for them.

Maggie- you did quite a bit of holiday celebrating with family Do you buy all of the kids and Grandkids gifts? Or, do you exchange?

Quick question- if you want to submit to Take 10, is there a place to find the new sketch online of I do not buy the magazine???

Off to bed. Waving hello to everyone.

Shelly
So sorry about the toothache. I"m glad that your dentist friend can help you with that. Hope it's an easy fix. Sorry about your mom's fall. That's great that you can cook some things for them to keep them going. I wonder if they have an Instacart there in the area. That would be great if they could have things delivered. I'm loving it.

Hahaha! I love your thinking about dividing up the work of putting Christmas away! Good for you.

With the 2 families so far apart, we always have a lot of celebrating to do. Once in a great while we are able to all get together, but that has only happened about 3 times since the girls have been out of the house. Since I only have the 2 girls and 5 grands, I buy for all of them as do the girls. We don't leave anyone out including my DGSIL. It's not always a lot depending on the finances of the year, but they all get enough. I love to spoil them.

I haven't purchased a Take 10 magazine in a long time, but have a few here in my stash. I'm sure the address is still the same:

Stampington & Company
c/o Take Ten Issue
22992 Mill Creek, Suite B
Laguna Hill, CA 92653

Hey, I was just there over Christmas - at least at Laguna Beach. Good luck. One of these days I want to be published. I just ordered a subscription to Cardmaking & Papercraft. Hope to get some ideas and inspiration and maybe can submit some cards there.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:02 AM   #4250

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Shelly, I am so sorry to hear of your mom's tumble and broken wrist. It's so difficult when things like this happen - at any age - but I think it's even worse as we age. Healing seems slower. I will pray that all goes well! The unpacking (inside the house) is finished. Still have boxes to go through/purge/unpack in the garage. That may take months! Brock is adjusting VERY well!

Maxine... I love it... social life in a can. Clever!

Barb, yesterday (Hump Day) was fantastic! Thanks!

Kelly, you're on the go go go again. Safe travels!

Maggie, I will look forward to hearing when you get published!

Waving to everyone else!

Today I'm doing laundry, working on some cards, and buying some groceries to tide my guys over for a week. Tomorrow I leave for Alabama (taking 2 other ladies... and my Private Jet). Come home next Tuesday. Leave for Texas VERY early next Thursday, unless the weather is less-than-ideal. If that's the case, I'll leave Wednesday and stay in a hotel near the airport.

What's everybody else up to today???

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:13 AM   #4251
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Shelly, I am so sorry to hear of your mom's tumble and broken wrist. It's so difficult when things like this happen - at any age - but I think it's even worse as we age. Healing seems slower. I will pray that all goes well! The unpacking (inside the house) is finished. Still have boxes to go through/purge/unpack in the garage. That may take months! Brock is adjusting VERY well!

Maxine... I love it... social life in a can. Clever!

Barb, yesterday (Hump Day) was fantastic! Thanks!

Kelly, you're on the go go go again. Safe travels!

Maggie, I will look forward to hearing when you get published!

Waving to everyone else!

Today I'm doing laundry, working on some cards, and buying some groceries to tide my guys over for a week. Tomorrow I leave for Alabama (taking 2 other ladies... and my Private Jet). Come home next Tuesday. Leave for Texas VERY early next Thursday, unless the weather is less-than-ideal. If that's the case, I'll leave Wednesday and stay in a hotel near the airport.

What's everybody else up to today???

Woo Hoo! Where in Texas are you coming to Jeanette????? How long will you be in our wonderful state? Anywhere near H Town?
Old 01-07-2016, 03:13 PM   #4252
Mad Swapper

Ooops - for some reason I missed most of yesterday's posts.

Kelly I don't know how you keep up with all that driving and all those activities - I guess I got spoilt living in a small town where the kiddos walked to school! As I couldn't drive until they were just on finished school, they couldn't avoid the walking, unless others picked them up

Safe travels Jeanette - you sure get around! Glad to hear Brock is adjusting well to the changes - it's always a worry.

Maggie sounds as though that cart scheme to order your groceries and having them delivered is working a treat for you!!

Barb hoping you are keeping better now - those lingering colds are horrible

Kristie your blog posts have slowed - trust all is well with you and yours

Shelly I hope your weekend goes well - it's not easy when you have frail parents!!

Any news of Darlene, anyone???

We are wet here today - mild, but under a severe thunderstorm and rain warnings.... hope the garden survives with little/no damage

Waving and hugs to you all from down under
Old 01-07-2016, 05:50 PM   #4253

Maggie, I'll be in the Dallas/Fort Worth area... attending a national VBS Training event. They will work us hard with little free time... and then we'll fly home again. I will get to eat some amazing Texas food while I'm there though. Last year we found a great restaurant in the "livestock district (or something like that). It was so good we plan to go back this year.

Maxine, thanks! Loved reading your post, BTW!

Find Me on Instagram

Kiwime likes this post.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:39 AM   #4254
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--welcome to Friday! We now have three dogs staying with us. I would say they are tolerating each other--but not really getting along. One goes home tomorrow and I need to put him in his crate while I run a couple of errands and go to hostess club today.

Tomorrow is our Christmas party with roomie's family and we are keeping an eye on the weather as it is to be an icky weekend. It is a smaller group this year and we have let everyone know that if the roads are going to be bad, we will cancel.

I am not sure how much I will be here the next few days, so I will wish everyone a great weekend now.......................
Old 01-08-2016, 06:39 AM   #4255

Barb, I sure hope the weather doesn't mess up your get-together!

FYI - I am leaving - heading south in just a few hours. I am not taking my computer, as I won't have a moment to do anything on it anyway. This is definitely a "working" trip. But it will be GREAT to be working with friends and learning from the national leadership, too!

I'll be back the middle of next week (for just a day before heading south again) so I'll see you then!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-08-2016, 03:26 PM   #4256
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Stopping by my own house to pick up my dd's clothes and head back out - LOL! I'm PRETTY SURE I live here ...... some days I wonder! I drove through Starbucks a few days ago and the Barista said I was his very favorite customer - that I'm always happy and smiling and he gave me my coffee "on the house!" I told him - are you kidding, I'm only happy because I'm being handed my coffee - LOL! Watch me 10 minutes before as I'm in a long line, all bug eyed and foaming at the mouth! ROFL!

J, happy travels ....... not a clue what kind of restaurant that is but I've lived in Texas before so I can only imagine ........ so I'll just look the other way and pretend you're eating a salad!

Maxine, that's the cutest - tin can social life - love it!

I want to party with Barb. Sounds fun!

Shel, sorry to hear about your mom - that's two of you, now ....... Jeanette's mom and yours. Prayers going up!

Gotta gotta get inky this weekend, as I'm about to hit the road (though not as fun as Jeanette, we'll be leaving Thursday for this G*d awful campground in Clewiston with the Boy Scouts - legit in the middle of the boonies with NO ELECTRICITY!!! They wanted rustic, they are getting rustic but I didn't sign up for that!!!!!!!!! I'm literally already itching and feel the bugs. I think I'd rather have a root canal, seriously. The thought of it ......... shuddering. "It will be fun, they said! You'll love it, they said!"

We are off to the movies to see Daddy's Home ......... yummy popcorn and lots of laughs, I hope!

Oh I saw this the other day and just HOWLED! Can you imagine this on the back of our cards? LOL!! Hampton Art This Card - Rubber Stamp LE1061 - 123Stitch.com

Hugs!

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 01-08-2016 at 03:29 PM..
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:49 PM   #4257
Mad Swapper

Hi Kelly - hope you get time to return and read somewhere in you mad dashing around . I can just see you gnashing your teeth waiting for you SB's of a morning . Well done on the free one.

Loved that stamp - not the best though when trying to sell your cards .... I could imagine the purchaser wanting to white it out .... or returning the card once they saw that. not everybody's funny bone is in the same place - pity.

Waving to you all from a warm and sunny Saturday down under
Old 01-09-2016, 03:49 PM   #4258
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Hello from Ky!

I ended up with a root canal Thursday : ( It is a bit sore still- but not the nerve pain or the throbbing. It was infected per doc, so I am on an antibiotic as well. Worked 1/2 day before going for RC, and another nurse wants to pick up hours, so the boss said she could finish my shift (Saturday) and I do not have to make u the 4 hours- yeah!

Ride to Ky was smooth- we are expecting snow going home Sunday PM though 2-4 inches. Hope traffic is not too bad.

Mom has replaced purple cast with a pink one. She cannot drive with the cast on at all, so we took them to the grocery store and Friday church. They really get tired out quickly. Today, we took down the Christmas tree and outdoor decorations. They have 3 nativity sets up, those came down as well.

Waving hello to all- going to go serve dinner to the folks.

Shelly
Old 01-10-2016, 02:55 PM   #4259
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon/Evening. Happy Sunday...... Watching the Packer game and it sure has it's highs and lows so far!

We did have the party yesterday and it was fun. The weather held out and it started to get a little dicey in the evening and most had left by then. Aben, Kathy, Arlyn and Simone stayed overnight as usual and we had fun today. We took the dogs for a walk, played in the snow, took a hot tub--last night and this morning! I am sure the two dogs are much happier that things have calmed down!

I have a meeting out of town tomorrow, but I will check in here in the morning. I also will start to take down all of the decorations and that will be nice. I love them all up, but it feels so clean and new when everyting is put away.

Have a great rest of the weekend!!!!!
Old 01-10-2016, 03:54 PM   #4260
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, I'll be in the Dallas/Fort Worth area... attending a national VBS Training event. They will work us hard with little free time... and then we'll fly home again. I will get to eat some amazing Texas food while I'm there though. Last year we found a great restaurant in the "livestock district (or something like that). It was so good we plan to go back this year.

Maxine, thanks! Loved reading your post, BTW!
Too bad. Would love to meet up some time. Yes, the food down here is pretty amazing - Mexican, BBQ, etc. Yummy
Old 01-10-2016, 03:54 PM   #4261
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Barb, I sure hope the weather doesn't mess up your get-together!

FYI - I am leaving - heading south in just a few hours. I am not taking my computer, as I won't have a moment to do anything on it anyway. This is definitely a "working" trip. But it will be GREAT to be working with friends and learning from the national leadership, too!

I'll be back the middle of next week (for just a day before heading south again) so I'll see you then!

Hope you have a great trip Jeanette.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:58 PM   #4262
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Stopping by my own house to pick up my dd's clothes and head back out - LOL! I'm PRETTY SURE I live here ...... some days I wonder! I drove through Starbucks a few days ago and the Barista said I was his very favorite customer - that I'm always happy and smiling and he gave me my coffee "on the house!" I told him - are you kidding, I'm only happy because I'm being handed my coffee - LOL! Watch me 10 minutes before as I'm in a long line, all bug eyed and foaming at the mouth! ROFL!

J, happy travels ....... not a clue what kind of restaurant that is but I've lived in Texas before so I can only imagine ........ so I'll just look the other way and pretend you're eating a salad!

Maxine, that's the cutest - tin can social life - love it!

I want to party with Barb. Sounds fun!

Shel, sorry to hear about your mom - that's two of you, now ....... Jeanette's mom and yours. Prayers going up!

Gotta gotta get inky this weekend, as I'm about to hit the road (though not as fun as Jeanette, we'll be leaving Thursday for this G*d awful campground in Clewiston with the Boy Scouts - legit in the middle of the boonies with NO ELECTRICITY!!! They wanted rustic, they are getting rustic but I didn't sign up for that!!!!!!!!! I'm literally already itching and feel the bugs. I think I'd rather have a root canal, seriously. The thought of it ......... shuddering. "It will be fun, they said! You'll love it, they said!"

We are off to the movies to see Daddy's Home ......... yummy popcorn and lots of laughs, I hope!

Oh I saw this the other day and just HOWLED! Can you imagine this on the back of our cards? LOL!! Hampton Art This Card - Rubber Stamp LE1061 - 123Stitch.com

Hugs!
That's funny about the Starbucks person giving you your coffee on the house. Keep smiling!

Camping is a big NO NO for me. I've done it before and even once in October. Too cold! I don't like bugs or the outdoors, so no more of that.

How was Daddy's Home?

Funny stamp!
Old 01-10-2016, 03:59 PM   #4263
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hello from Ky!

I ended up with a root canal Thursday : ( It is a bit sore still- but not the nerve pain or the throbbing. It was infected per doc, so I am on an antibiotic as well. Worked 1/2 day before going for RC, and another nurse wants to pick up hours, so the boss said she could finish my shift (Saturday) and I do not have to make u the 4 hours- yeah!

Ride to Ky was smooth- we are expecting snow going home Sunday PM though 2-4 inches. Hope traffic is not too bad.

Mom has replaced purple cast with a pink one. She cannot drive with the cast on at all, so we took them to the grocery store and Friday church. They really get tired out quickly. Today, we took down the Christmas tree and outdoor decorations. They have 3 nativity sets up, those came down as well.

Waving hello to all- going to go serve dinner to the folks.

Shelly
Oh, sorry about the root canal, but at least you don't have a toothache anymore. Good thing.

Glad you were able to visit the parents and take care of those things for them. Have a safe trip home.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:02 PM   #4264
Quacker Stamper

I have writer's group tonight, almost missed it since the girl who sends out the reminder didn't. Got a text from the hostess to see if I was coming. Glad she did that.

I was hoping to get in my stamp room and get some cleaning up done, but I guess that will have to wait until tomorrow night. I have book club at my house Tuesday, so I'll be busy tomorrow night too prepping food for that.

It got really cold here this weekend and the wind was blowing really hard last night. I always worry about the outside kitties, but they all seem to have somewhere to keep warm and are okay.

I finally made a big decision and took the plunge (again)! I signed up for Weight Watchers. After these holidays this year and the extra pounds I put on, I decided that I really needed some help. I just did the online one though, so no going to any meetings. I did that before and I don't think it really helped me. Maybe it was just the guy that lead the meetings, but with the new program and recipes, I think I can do this. I've been doing it since Tuesday and it's been going okay.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:13 PM   #4265
Pearl-ExPert

Just a quick dash through once again. Took Jim to ER on Friday night and he has full blown pneumonia. The first round of antibiotics didn't work. They transferred him to San Antonio yesterday morning early. Hanging in there and I'll be back whenever.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:35 AM   #4266
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning. Happy Monday from -7 SE Wisconsin--at least it is sunny............
Old 01-11-2016, 09:15 AM   #4267
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

We had a balmy 59* this morning when I began the school drop offs - positively gorgeous. Wish it were like this always ... by February, those numbers will be reversed!

3rd drop off was getting dd to college but had to be back in an hour to pick her up and take her to work. Still no car because my dh made a decision to put that on hold - he wants her behind the wheel longer and I'm not happy about that but not going to fight it So I went to Michaels and Hobby Lobby and Barnes and Noble. Funny how these craft items, books and S'Bux coffee just jumped in my carts ........ LOL!

I'm home now, briefly, then it's back out to pick everyone up, get dd to her voice coach, little man to the library and hopefully back home before dinner - especially since I'm cooking!

Lynn, hugs to you and Jim and you take care of both of you! I am sure with rest and the proper meds he will be on the mend in no time and Rambo will be back to keeping you to hopping.

Maggie, GOOD FOR YOU!!! I love WW!!! That's how I made my goal weight - tried a few programs, but WW was the one that worked. It just made sense to me. I was one of those crazy ladies that loved the meetings and counting points and all that I was opposite of you, it seems! I can't imagine a guy at a meeting - I think I'd be uncomfortable but wish you best luck! Did you make it into the stamp rooms?

Shel - how are you feeling today? Pain free, I hope ....... hugs my friend!

Okay, off to be productive in the hour I'll be home!

Hugs!
Old 01-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #4268
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Hello,
Back from Ky- I am not sure if bad roads/driving follows me around, but had a nice drive from Ky yesterday- I drove the first half, which was all ice on the roads, and hubby took over North of Indianapolis and the roads were fine......

Neither of us slept well in Ky- we arrived late Thursday, and hubby has Bronchitis, Dad was up in the middle of the night coughing and around the house- normal for him, but it woke me up- he gets up early and talks so loud he wakes me up. He is a chatter box....! He was a bit crabby, telling me the kids (me and siblings) do not need to be coming down there so much. My Mom loves company. Trying not to take it personally : )

I am headed to take a shower, then will blog hop. I was going to create today, but did not get around to it. I slept in until 10am (yikes), went grocery shopping, made dinner- which took me forever! I wanted to try stuffed Butternut squash- hubby thought it was awesome and, although he was not too hungry, ate his and 1/2 of mine. I used hamburger, mushrooms, red onion, carrots, celery, garlic, spinach and topped with caramelized onions and bacon. There was a little cinnamon added, and I am not sure if it was that flavor...or what that I was not too keen on. I have enough left over for another night, so will try in an acorn squash- which I love....

Oh Lynn, hope Jim responds quickly to the new antibiotic! Will keep you in prayers.....

Kelly- back in the saddle : ) So cool you got a coffee RAK! So you!

Barb- sounds like a fun gathering. Yes- it is nice and cold here too- did you get much snow???

Maggie- maybe I should follow your lead- I am getting pleasantly plumper...... : ) Need to get a move on and quit my habit of trail mix......

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
Old 01-12-2016, 06:06 AM   #4269

Kelly, I cannot even imagine you being anything but sweet/smiling/pleasant... even while waiting in line for your SB! And YAY for the free one! (BTW... I didn't get a single SB on this trip. Have I ever mentioned that I really prefer traveling without passengers. LOL! DH and Brock are fine, but other ladies tend to cramp my style. I didn't get Chipotle or SB either one. )

Maxine, I giggled when you were talking about that stamp Kelly found. It would be funny to see the reaction of the purchaser of cards when they turned it over and found that. LOL!

Shelly, YIKES! That picture looks a bit treacherous! I'm sure glad you made it safely home!!! Sorry the trip - and Dad's words - might have been a bit hurtful. (((HUGS)))

Maggie, I wish you well with WW! And think it's great that you are taking steps in that direction.

Lynn, oh my! I'm sorry to hear Jim is no better; in fact, worse. Will be praying that this next round of meds/etc do the trick and he's all better sooner than soon!

Barb, sounds like you had a great weekend! YAY!

I had a GREAT trip. The meeting was so good... well, until the very end when our national Executive Director announced her plans to retire this year. I was on the national board when we made the decision to hire her... so I've always felt a great love/respect for her - and a bit of a bond. Now she will be retiring. I am happy for her, but sad for our organization.

I'm home today. Fly out for Texas very early Thursday. Still not sure if I'll drive closer to the airport tomorrow and get a hotel or I'll leave at 5:00ish on Thursday morning.

I get home from that trip on Saturday evening. Then have 3 more out-of-town overnight trips in the next three weeks. Wow! 2016 is proving to be a go go go year so far.

I will do some catch up today and think about the preparations to leave again soon.

What's everybody else up to???

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-12-2016, 06:15 AM   #4270
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--we did get a couple of inches of snow overnight and it is cold again this morning. We are to have minus teens for the temps tonight--brrrrrrrrrr!

I have a stamp class this morning--it is called Shine On! Then, I start the task of taking down the Christmas decorations. I hope to finish tomorrow so I can spend some time in the stamp room then!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!
Old 01-12-2016, 06:46 AM   #4271

I wish I could Shine with you, Barb! Sounds fun!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-12-2016, 11:39 AM   #4272
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Just a quick dash through once again. Took Jim to ER on Friday night and he has full blown pneumonia. The first round of antibiotics didn't work. They transferred him to San Antonio yesterday morning early. Hanging in there and I'll be back whenever.
O M G! Sorry to hear this Lynn. Seems like one thing clears up and then there's something else. Hope that he'll recover soon and be back home. Sending up prayers for you guys.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:45 AM   #4273
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

We had a balmy 59* this morning when I began the school drop offs - positively gorgeous. Wish it were like this always ... by February, those numbers will be reversed!

3rd drop off was getting dd to college but had to be back in an hour to pick her up and take her to work. Still no car because my dh made a decision to put that on hold - he wants her behind the wheel longer and I'm not happy about that but not going to fight it So I went to Michaels and Hobby Lobby and Barnes and Noble. Funny how these craft items, books and S'Bux coffee just jumped in my carts ........ LOL!

I'm home now, briefly, then it's back out to pick everyone up, get dd to her voice coach, little man to the library and hopefully back home before dinner - especially since I'm cooking!

Lynn, hugs to you and Jim and you take care of both of you! I am sure with rest and the proper meds he will be on the mend in no time and Rambo will be back to keeping you to hopping.

Maggie, GOOD FOR YOU!!! I love WW!!! That's how I made my goal weight - tried a few programs, but WW was the one that worked. It just made sense to me. I was one of those crazy ladies that loved the meetings and counting points and all that I was opposite of you, it seems! I can't imagine a guy at a meeting - I think I'd be uncomfortable but wish you best luck! Did you make it into the stamp rooms?

Shel - how are you feeling today? Pain free, I hope ....... hugs my friend!

Okay, off to be productive in the hour I'll be home!

Hugs!
No stamping in the stamp room yet. I have book club at my house tonight, so I've been getting ready for that. Spent the evening last night prepping all the food. After this though I should be able to get my life back on a more even keel. I desperately need some time in there to get it cleaned up and somewhat organized so I know what I'm doing. I also really, really want to figure out how I'm going to sell cards and get that all in order. It's the year of ME!

Okay, I'm a little confused, and maybe I'm reading it wrong, but your DH is putting on hold getting your DD in college a car because he "
he wants her behind the wheel longer" How does her not having a car put her behind the wheel longer, seems it is just the opposite. ??????

My head has been so fuzzy. I even forgot all about making the set ups for our mediation this morning!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a long time since we've had one here and I had work waiting for me at my desk so it slipped my mind. It didn't take long to get it ready so it wasn't too bad.

Lunch was good - Asian Chicken salad, but it's so hard to figure things out on weight watches that you didn't make yourself or buy at a store. I'm guessing.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:52 AM   #4274
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hello,
Back from Ky- I am not sure if bad roads/driving follows me around, but had a nice drive from Ky yesterday- I drove the first half, which was all ice on the roads, and hubby took over North of Indianapolis and the roads were fine......

Neither of us slept well in Ky- we arrived late Thursday, and hubby has Bronchitis, Dad was up in the middle of the night coughing and around the house- normal for him, but it woke me up- he gets up early and talks so loud he wakes me up. He is a chatter box....! He was a bit crabby, telling me the kids (me and siblings) do not need to be coming down there so much. My Mom loves company. Trying not to take it personally : )

I am headed to take a shower, then will blog hop. I was going to create today, but did not get around to it. I slept in until 10am (yikes), went grocery shopping, made dinner- which took me forever! I wanted to try stuffed Butternut squash- hubby thought it was awesome and, although he was not too hungry, ate his and 1/2 of mine. I used hamburger, mushrooms, red onion, carrots, celery, garlic, spinach and topped with caramelized onions and bacon. There was a little cinnamon added, and I am not sure if it was that flavor...or what that I was not too keen on. I have enough left over for another night, so will try in an acorn squash- which I love....

Oh Lynn, hope Jim responds quickly to the new antibiotic! Will keep you in prayers.....

Kelly- back in the saddle : ) So cool you got a coffee RAK! So you!

Barb- sounds like a fun gathering. Yes- it is nice and cold here too- did you get much snow???

Maggie- maybe I should follow your lead- I am getting pleasantly plumper...... : ) Need to get a move on and quit my habit of trail mix......

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
Wow! That road looks terrible. So glad that you were able to make it home safely. Even though I grew up in that kind of weather, I never drove until I moved down to Houston, so I've never had to drive in that. I'd be terrified!

I guess Dad seems to like his independence and thinks that the family are being overprotective of them, but when your mom has an accident like that, it's good that you are able to go and help them. Glad to see that you don't seem to take offense to his words or actions. He's probably somewhat hard of hearing and that tends to make people speak louder even though they don't have to.

Your stuffed squash sounds yummy. If you have a recipe, maybe you could send it to me. I'm always on the lookout for vegetarian dishes I can make for my DGD.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:56 AM   #4275
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Kelly, I cannot even imagine you being anything but sweet/smiling/pleasant... even while waiting in line for your SB! And YAY for the free one! (BTW... I didn't get a single SB on this trip. Have I ever mentioned that I really prefer traveling without passengers. LOL! DH and Brock are fine, but other ladies tend to cramp my style. I didn't get Chipotle or SB either one. )

Maxine, I giggled when you were talking about that stamp Kelly found. It would be funny to see the reaction of the purchaser of cards when they turned it over and found that. LOL!

Shelly, YIKES! That picture looks a bit treacherous! I'm sure glad you made it safely home!!! Sorry the trip - and Dad's words - might have been a bit hurtful. (((HUGS)))

Maggie, I wish you well with WW! And think it's great that you are taking steps in that direction.

Lynn, oh my! I'm sorry to hear Jim is no better; in fact, worse. Will be praying that this next round of meds/etc do the trick and he's all better sooner than soon!

Barb, sounds like you had a great weekend! YAY!

I had a GREAT trip. The meeting was so good... well, until the very end when our national Executive Director announced her plans to retire this year. I was on the national board when we made the decision to hire her... so I've always felt a great love/respect for her - and a bit of a bond. Now she will be retiring. I am happy for her, but sad for our organization.

I'm home today. Fly out for Texas very early Thursday. Still not sure if I'll drive closer to the airport tomorrow and get a hotel or I'll leave at 5:00ish on Thursday morning.

I get home from that trip on Saturday evening. Then have 3 more out-of-town overnight trips in the next three weeks. Wow! 2016 is proving to be a go go go year so far.

I will do some catch up today and think about the preparations to leave again soon.

What's everybody else up to???

Sorry no SB or Chipotle on your trip. Hope you're able to find some down here in Texas while you're here.

Glad to hear that you had a good trip, sorry that the director is retiring. Does that give you any ideas??? Wow! 3 more trips. That is a lot in such a short amount of time. You may find yourself coming and going.

Spent time last night getting ready for book club tonight. I'm making salmon salad sandwiches on croissants with sweet potato tortilla chips, veggie and fruit trays and Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cake for dessert. It all looks so good. Can't wait to try it out tonight. I'll be glad when this is over because then I can get my life back into a normal routine.

My head has been so fuzzy. I even forgot all about making the set ups for our mediation this morning!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a long time since we've had one hear and I had work waiting for me. It didn't take long to get it ready so it wasn't too bad.

Lunch was good - Asian Chicken salad, but it's so hard to figure things out on weight watches that you didn't make yourself or buy at a store. I'm guessing.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:57 AM   #4276
Quacker Stamper

I'm sending out a prayer request to all of you who are the praying kind. It's for my sister who has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. Luckily through her yearly mammogram they found it early (only 1 cm). They did biopsy also 2 lymph nodes, but they were benign, so luckily it has not spread and they are pretty sure they can get it all with a simple lumpectomy. Since it's not something that runs in our family, I don't think she needs to worry about it coming back once this is done. Not sure yet when the surgery will be. She still needs to meet with the surgeon and figure all that out. She's already survived colon cancer about 20 years ago, so hopefully this will also have a good outcome. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:24 PM   #4277

Maggie, it's so good to see your posts. And to hear what your cooking for the meeting is making me hungry. Sounds delicious!

I'm praying for your sister... so glad they've found this early. I'm praying everything goes smoothly and she's C-free soon!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-13-2016, 05:48 AM   #4278

Today I have 3 meetings.... yikes! And I need to finish laundry, and pack... and finish two cards that are a work-in-progress from yesterday. I guess I'll prop my feet up and relax.................. tomorrow. Not! But I will sit a lot tomorrow... in the car (2 1/2 hours to the airport, in the airport, on the plane, in the van from the airport to the hotel (45 minutes), in the meeting.

I'm leaving in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow... and won't return until late Saturday night........... so I'll see everyone again on Monday! Have a great end of the week and weekend!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-13-2016, 07:01 AM   #4279
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Wednesday! I hope your week is going well...............

My stamp class yesterday was fun--we made 5 cards and most had some "shine" on them from the new clear Wink of Stella pen that we got with our class fee! I then started the take-down of the decorations and the main tree is done--yay! I WILL finish today! It still is cold and then wind chill is -20 some, so a day to stay inside anyway!
Old 01-13-2016, 07:35 AM   #4280

Barb, I love Love LOVE the Wink of Stella markers! I have several.

I do not love the fact that you're hoarding Smoochy, though.

Find Me on Instagram