Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-01-2015, 08:27 PM   #4121
Quacker Stamper

HI Stamp Addicts. I've been doing a lot of Christmas shopping and I think I might be done unless some last minute thing comes up.

Lynn, I just take my photos using a white background and then I just enhance it with Photoshop. I'm not good at Photoshop but I can do that and add a watermark. I do have a light box that I bought, but it's a pain to set it all up for one card, so I don't use it much.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-02-2015, 05:47 AM   #4122
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--Happy Hump Day Wednesday. The transformation to Christmas is going slow but we have a dusting of snow this morning, so that might help my spirits!

Have a great one!!!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:49 AM   #4123
SCS RAK Coordinator

The photo program I use is Picasa and it works for me. I crop and use a feature called "I'm Feeling Lucky" and that seems to enhance what is needed. I really do not spend more than 15 seconds on each card when I edit--they may not be perfect, but I am fine with the end product.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:37 PM   #4124
Mad Swapper

Oh what a tragedy you have had to endure again - the shooting in California is horrific.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:06 PM   #4125
Mad Swapper

A stat in our national paper - you (America) have had to endure 355 mass shootings in 336 days!! My heart goes out to your nation.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:28 PM   #4126
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I don't have Photoshop - and wouldn't know how to use it anyway I'm afraid! I do have Picassa and have never, ever figured any of that out. I can't even usually find a picture on it. Crazy I know! I have Paint.net for watermarks and got that and I'm sure there are other things you can do like enhance a photo. I'll have to check into that. Right now I'm just using Word on the computer. Know I could do better but my computer is old and so am I! LOL! I am looking into a light box though!

Yes Maxine, it's horrible about the shootings in California. It's almost like the world has gone completely mad - and so very, very sad.
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:54 PM   #4127
Mad Swapper

I have Paint.net and found it way harder to use than Photoscape, Lynn.

I am having a lazy day here - i just can't seem to get off my derriere and get going - I had better, or the Christmas mail will never get posted, and I was aiming to get it away on Monday..........
Old 12-03-2015, 04:42 PM   #4128
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, is Photoscape free or one that costs?
Old 12-03-2015, 04:51 PM   #4129
Mad Swapper

It's a freebie Lynn - I linked to it on another post, but here it is again Photoscape
Old 12-03-2015, 04:51 PM   #4130
Mad Swapper

Where I have linked you to will tell you all that the program can do, the next tag along the top is the download page.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:26 PM   #4131
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Maxine. I'm off to check it out!
Also saw something on FB called a Foldio 2 that's suppose to be good. Kristie commented on the post saying she had one. Any input Kristie?
Old 12-03-2015, 06:38 PM   #4132
Pearl-ExPert

LOL!!! Well, that didn't take long for me to mess up! I did the "download" for the Photoscape and it said after it downloaded to locate the "installer" and follow the directions. Well, hello............Can't find the "installer"! Think I'm going to have to wait until my daughter gets here at Christmas to help me. Yikes! I'm just not a very good techie I guess.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:11 AM   #4133
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Friday Ladies. Our house is all decorated inside--YAY! I will pick up the roping for the outside railing and we will put up outdoor Christmas lights tomorrow. We are to have temps close to 50 today and tomorrow--so great to be outside. Not so nice for real December temps and snow--but there still is time!

We have our holiday cocktail party tomorrow so I have a few errands to run today and tomorrow morning to get ready--so have a great weekend!
Old 12-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #4134
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hello! Lynn, I simply put one piece of card stock flat on the counter and one up against a kitchen wall, and use my Ott Light for pictures. I use Paint Shop Pro for editing, 'cept I am bad at it, just crop and watermark with it mostly.......

I bought a photo tent similar to #17, but never use it...... It twists and folds flat. You really need to shine lights on it for a good pic. I find just plopping down card stock is easier and quicker......

We have weather similar to Barbs. Wow Barb, you sure have a fun life : )

Maxine- loving your roses- the pic I saw on Instagram was fabulous!
Yes, the shootings are happening more and more- there are SOME that are on a mission to obliterate us! Not all shootings are 'mass' shootings, some are disputes handled by a gun, or gang shootings. Many are inner-city. I do not feel unsafe in my everyday life, but you never know anymore!

Back to Happy Christmas chatter...... I make a few cards each year, but Ray likes to send a picture card, so I do not 'have' to make too many....... so working on 'other stuff' when in the craft room- ATC swaps, etc.......

My husband is up in Detroit for the MAC championship game NIU vs Bowling Green. I worked all day and he will be home tomorrow by the time I get home from work.

Since we are going to Colorado, we are not sure about putting up a tree. We have the wreath and garland up outside, and I need to add the bows. We also have a Nativity set to put up out there. We have a warm up this next week n the mid 40's, so will take advantage of that to decorate.

I am still taking Piano lessons, and although my son does not have a piano, there is a store about 1 1/2 blocks from him that has a piano outside..... Hubby thinks I should have a family sing along at the piano one day while we are there.... So, I am working on my songs.

Have a great weekend!
Shelly
Old 12-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #4135
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, you MUST do the sing a long on that piano! How fun!!!! Of course you'll have to put the pictures on FB too! Can't wait to see.

I'll try that with the photos too. I have an Ott light.

I got the Christmas tree up today and a few decorations but not many at all. I just keep thinking of everything that would have to be taken down afterwards. lol! The tree is bare right now but will get the full treatment tomorrow. Christmas isn't that far away now!
Old 12-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #4136
Proud Fan Club Member

wHOOPS- i DID NOT PUT THE LINK FOR THE PHOTO TENTS- THEY HAVE COME way down in price! Whoops- sorry.

Photo Tent

I tried and tried to use this- I should get rid of it!

Yes Lynn, That is what I think exactly, all of the work putting up a tree, decorating it , getting all of the lights to work and taking it down...... Maybe lets forget it......

Shelly
Old 12-06-2015, 04:02 PM   #4137
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon--early Sunday evening here........................ The decorations are all done--added one more small decorated tree inside--so we have 18 decorated trees and another 3 that have just lights! Our party was very nice last night and I think everyone had a good time. This week is to catch up with stamping projects that were neglected this past week and then Friday I am heading to Orlando for our National Athletic Director Conference. I will be gone 6 days, so I have to get a bit ahead too.......... Plus, getting Christmas Cards done and mailed.

Have a great rest of the weekend!
Old 12-06-2015, 04:55 PM   #4138
Pearl-ExPert

18 decorated trees???????????? Mercy me!!!! All I'd think about is having to un-decorate them Barb! LOL!! I have one and already dreading having to take it all down now. It is a pretty one though. I have a great big one but decided I didn't want to drag that one out. Also have a 3 footer that we usually decorate with Milk Bones for Rambo - and didn't want to use that for us either. So, hit Wally World and got a nice (cheap) pre-lit one and love it. Why didn't they have the pre-lit ones years ago!!!!!
Old 12-06-2015, 10:28 PM   #4139
Mad Swapper

Ooops - missed a bit here - not notifications again . Lynn I think my installer popped up automatically, from memory .

I have not decorated anything yet, but got all my cards made and in the mail today!! Yay me!! The earliest I have been in years

Wet here again at the moment, and tomorrow we head down to 16 oC... hopefully we get a fine and sunny Christmas as we are gathering as a family for a BBQ meal.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:15 AM   #4140
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Monday!

Old 12-07-2015, 07:30 AM   #4141
SCS RAK Coordinator

I did not take pictures of my trees this year, but this is my blog post from two years ago that has quite a few pictures of the trees and some decorations: Barb's Inkin' into Retirement: A look at our Decorations
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:12 AM   #4142
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello girls! 'Membah me?!

I hope I haven't been kicked to the curb by now! I just can't find a moment to breath.
Last night, I was so exhausted, I forgot to move the Elf on the Shelf. My son's face this morning was like "Oh, he didn't move ........."

My 3 beautiful girls all have birthdays this month - talk about adding extra madness to an already busy month. I feel for them because their birthdays always fall on some school related holiday event - downfall of being born in December! Between the rehearsals, choir, concerts, schools back and forth at different times at different parts of town, afterschool activities, I'm always zipping around livin' off coffee and whatever fruit I find on my counter that morning - LOL!

Lynn, love my ottlight too - I used it for reading most of all. I take my pictures outdoors - the natural light is amazing!

Shelly, I hope the travels go wonderfully ! My brother in law is moving to Colorado - he's packing up his condo and putting it on the market. He met one of his high school girlfriends at their 30 year HS reunion last year - him, a confirmed batchelor and her, married with two kids, hit it off and now she's almost divorced and he's moving in! Scandelous! But I do hope that means we'll have the opportunity to visit CO sometime in the future

I'm far behind so I'll just wave to everyone and send big hugs!!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:32 PM   #4143
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
The photo program I use is Picasa and it works for me. I crop and use a feature called "I'm Feeling Lucky" and that seems to enhance what is needed. I really do not spend more than 15 seconds on each card when I edit--they may not be perfect, but I am fine with the end product.
I have Picasa on my computer, but I've never used it for anything. It's just another place where my photos hang out. I'll have to look iinto that more.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:46 PM   #4144
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Well, I don't have Photoshop - and wouldn't know how to use it anyway I'm afraid! I do have Picassa and have never, ever figured any of that out. I can't even usually find a picture on it. Crazy I know! I have Paint.net for watermarks and got that and I'm sure there are other things you can do like enhance a photo. I'll have to check into that. Right now I'm just using Word on the computer. Know I could do better but my computer is old and so am I! LOL! I am looking into a light box though!

Yes Maxine, it's horrible about the shootings in California. It's almost like the world has gone completely mad - and so very, very sad.
I have Photoshop and Paint. I don't really know much about how to use them either. I did figure out something last night about changing a png file so the checked background disappears, but it's still not transparent. Now it just has a white box around it. I use Word to resize my images before I print them off.

I agree about our world today. It's pretty scary.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:53 PM   #4145
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello! Lynn, I simply put one piece of card stock flat on the counter and one up against a kitchen wall, and use my Ott Light for pictures. I use Paint Shop Pro for editing, 'cept I am bad at it, just crop and watermark with it mostly.......

I bought a photo tent similar to #17, but never use it...... It twists and folds flat. You really need to shine lights on it for a good pic. I find just plopping down card stock is easier and quicker......

We have weather similar to Barbs. Wow Barb, you sure have a fun life : )

Maxine- loving your roses- the pic I saw on Instagram was fabulous!
Yes, the shootings are happening more and more- there are SOME that are on a mission to obliterate us! Not all shootings are 'mass' shootings, some are disputes handled by a gun, or gang shootings. Many are inner-city. I do not feel unsafe in my everyday life, but you never know anymore!

Back to Happy Christmas chatter...... I make a few cards each year, but Ray likes to send a picture card, so I do not 'have' to make too many....... so working on 'other stuff' when in the craft room- ATC swaps, etc.......

My husband is up in Detroit for the MAC championship game NIU vs Bowling Green. I worked all day and he will be home tomorrow by the time I get home from work.

Since we are going to Colorado, we are not sure about putting up a tree. We have the wreath and garland up outside, and I need to add the bows. We also have a Nativity set to put up out there. We have a warm up this next week n the mid 40's, so will take advantage of that to decorate.

I am still taking Piano lessons, and although my son does not have a piano, there is a store about 1 1/2 blocks from him that has a piano outside..... Hubby thinks I should have a family sing along at the piano one day while we are there.... So, I am working on my songs.

Have a great weekend!
Shelly
Sounds like you and I are about the same Shelly. That's how I take my photos right now but do have a light box that folds up and has 2 lights that you need to shine on your project. Like you say, it's a lot of trouble to get out and set up all the time. I used to use my Ott light for taking the pictures, but I also found that a lot of extra trouble, so I just use the "Enhance" mode in Photoshop and that takes care of it.

Sounds like a fun thing to have a family sing a long on the outside piano. Maybe you will get "discovered" there!

I put up my little tree last week. It's only 4'. Wasn't sure if I was going to decorate it or not since I'm not going to be home for Christmas, but then the kids were coming over for diinner on Saturday, so I decided that it needed some decorations on it and the house needed to look festive, so I got some of my things out and decorated the tree and the house (inside). Not everything by a long stretch. I decided that next year when I'm going to be home, I will get all my decorations out and go through them and see what I want to keep and see if there's anything that my girls want to have. The rest will get donated somewhere. I have a lot of decorations out and still a lot still in boxes. I don't want the house to look cluttered. My tubs were too heavy to carry into the house, so I had to open them out in the workroom and carry in stuff little by little. At least I got another workout in.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:55 PM   #4146
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
wHOOPS- i DID NOT PUT THE LINK FOR THE PHOTO TENTS- THEY HAVE COME way down in price! Whoops- sorry.

Photo Tent

I tried and tried to use this- I should get rid of it!

Yes Lynn, That is what I think exactly, all of the work putting up a tree, decorating it , getting all of the lights to work and taking it down...... Maybe lets forget it......

Shelly
The one I have is like that top one. I've used it and it's okay, just a big bother. I wish I had a place where I could just set it up and leave it. Maybe once I get my workroom all set up out in the garage.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:57 PM   #4147
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Afternoon--early Sunday evening here........................ The decorations are all done--added one more small decorated tree inside--so we have 18 decorated trees and another 3 that have just lights! Our party was very nice last night and I think everyone had a good time. This week is to catch up with stamping projects that were neglected this past week and then Friday I am heading to Orlando for our National Athletic Director Conference. I will be gone 6 days, so I have to get a bit ahead too.......... Plus, getting Christmas Cards done and mailed.

Have a great rest of the weekend!
That is way too many trees to decorate. You must have a HUGE house! I have one other tree that I used to put up and thought about putting it upu too and decorating it. Maybe next year, but I haven't a clue where I would put it.

Hope you have fun at the Conference.

I guess we still don't have any word from Jeanette on how the move went. I guess she's getting all settled in before the holidays.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:03 PM   #4148
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I did not take pictures of my trees this year, but this is my blog post from two years ago that has quite a few pictures of the trees and some decorations: Barb's Inkin' into Retirement: A look at our Decorations
they are so very pretty, but a lot of work. What do you do with the tree that is sitting on the master tub when you want to use the tub?
Old 12-07-2015, 02:07 PM   #4149
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Hello girls! 'Membah me?!

I hope I haven't been kicked to the curb by now! I just can't find a moment to breath.
Last night, I was so exhausted, I forgot to move the Elf on the Shelf. My son's face this morning was like "Oh, he didn't move ........."

My 3 beautiful girls all have birthdays this month - talk about adding extra madness to an already busy month. I feel for them because their birthdays always fall on some school related holiday event - downfall of being born in December! Between the rehearsals, choir, concerts, schools back and forth at different times at different parts of town, afterschool activities, I'm always zipping around livin' off coffee and whatever fruit I find on my counter that morning - LOL!

Lynn, love my ottlight too - I used it for reading most of all. I take my pictures outdoors - the natural light is amazing!

Shelly, I hope the travels go wonderfully ! My brother in law is moving to Colorado - he's packing up his condo and putting it on the market. He met one of his high school girlfriends at their 30 year HS reunion last year - him, a confirmed batchelor and her, married with two kids, hit it off and now she's almost divorced and he's moving in! Scandelous! But I do hope that means we'll have the opportunity to visit CO sometime in the future

I'm far behind so I'll just wave to everyone and send big hugs!!
Hi Kelly! Glad to see you are still alive and kicking! Have fun with all those birthdays. I had birthday dinner for my DGD on Saturday. My sister has a bunch of December ones in her family. Then my DGS has his in the middle of January.

Yikes! That BIL of yours is something else. Who can say how love works though. I hope that they know what they are doing especially her with two children in the mix.

I had a couple of errands to run Saturday morning and then worked on getting dinner ready for the kids to come over. I made Cheese Tortellini with an Alfredo sauce with portabello mushrooms. Turned out really good. Everyone liked it and they took a bunch of leftovers home. We were celebrating Morgan's birthday which was on December 1. I made yummy pumpkin brownies with cream cheese swirled through them. They really came out good. I can't wait to make them again.

Sunday was church and I worked the rest of the day on finishing up my December DT card and getting my cards ready to send out to everyone. I need to see if I have enough or if I need to make anymore. I always wait until the last minute also to do the insides, so I was stamping a lot last night doing that. I hope to finish that up tonight and then I can run the labels for the envelopes. I can't believer there are only 2 more weeks until I head off to CA.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:04 PM   #4150
SCS RAK Coordinator

That is a pretty small one--maybe 18 inches, so I just pick it up and move to the counter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
they are so very pretty, but a lot of work. What do you do with the tree that is sitting on the master tub when you want to use the tub?
Old 12-07-2015, 03:07 PM   #4151
SCS RAK Coordinator

Not huge at all--three bedroom with a lower level walk out. The living room upstairs has the main tree, plus 7 of the two foot trees. The lower level has 2 four foot trees, plus 2 smaller ones.

I have texted a few times with Jeanette. Her mom fell a week or so ago and had surgery, so that has also been on her mind. She did not travel there, but has had a couple of out of town meetings. Still unpacking along with getting Christmas decorations out. She too puts up numerous trees!

Quote:

That is way too many trees to decorate. You must have a HUGE house! I have one other tree that I used to put up and thought about putting it upu too and decorating it. Maybe next year, but I haven't a clue where I would put it.

Hope you have fun at the Conference.

I guess we still don't have any word from Jeanette on how the move went. I guess she's getting all settled in before the holidays.
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:27 PM   #4152
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Thanks Maxine. I'm off to check it out!
Also saw something on FB called a Foldio 2 that's suppose to be good. Kristie commented on the post saying she had one. Any input Kristie?
Sorry for the late reply, I've been MIA. I love the Foldio but have experienced a few issues with it. One is user error, I couldn't figure out how to keep the dang background on after taking it down and putting it up. Mike fixed that. Then a light went out but Mike wrote to the company and they replaced it. There are two sizes, since you only make cards the smaller would be good I think. I have the larger size so I can put in a 12x12 page. Using the Foldio makes a huge difference in my photos. Sometimes I am too lazy to come downstairs to use it though since I craft late at night a lot.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:29 PM   #4153
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Good Morning--Happy Friday Ladies. Our house is all decorated inside--YAY! I will pick up the roping for the outside railing and we will put up outdoor Christmas lights tomorrow. We are to have temps close to 50 today and tomorrow--so great to be outside. Not so nice for real December temps and snow--but there still is time!

We have our holiday cocktail party tomorrow so I have a few errands to run today and tomorrow morning to get ready--so have a great weekend!
Wonderful!! We are very slow going here. Mike got the outside decorated over the last two weekends and he just put up the tree yesterday. It's one I bought on clearance several years ago and didn't realize it wasn't pre-lit. So we need to add lights tonight and then hopefully ornaments during the week! We are debating if we want to put up the 2nd tree in the dining room and the village.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:45 PM   #4154
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I have Picasa on my computer, but I've never used it for anything. It's just another place where my photos hang out. I'll have to look iinto that more.
I use it to adjust color if needed and to resize my photos. I also add my watermark (just plain text) that way.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:02 PM   #4155
Insane Embellisher

I can't remember the last time I checked in. Work has been crazy and last week it was birthdays for my stepdad and my Mom. We had a nice Thanksgiving with them and I went shopping with Mom the next day. My sister is on bed rest, it was modified until today. Now she is not allowed to even stand up and cook. Her shower is Saturday and it's a surprise....guess it will be a surprise if she is there! I don't see why she can't go for a few hours since she can sit the whole time. We'll see. I still need to get to Babies R Us to pick up a few things she needs. I have been buying clothes for months but told her I would get something off her registry that she needs.

As I said in a previous post, we're hardly decorated inside yet. Usually I'm all over it but can't get into it this year. I think it's because I went nuts with fall decorations and had to declutter a LOT. I hope to make a bunch of progress this week. I decided to do 25 Days of Christmas on my blog which was crazy of me lol. I used to always do it before I moved and then it just fell by the wayside. I don't think I even need any more cards but I like making them!

Shelly - I hope you enjoy your trip to Colorado and I think it's a great idea to have a sing a long at the outdoor piano!

Kelly - glad to see you checking in

Barb - Thanks for the update on Jeanette!

Waving hello to the rest of you!
Old 12-07-2015, 10:40 PM   #4156
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Wow- it was so quiet here, and now lots of you have dropped in! Sounds like everyone is in the Christmas spirit for the most part : )

We were not going to do much inside- but Ray decided yesterday to put up the tree. He was a little frustrated, as one of the strings of (re-lit) lights would not go on, but I stayed out of his way...... I worked indoors on making cards while he went out and put up the garland and a wreath and the Nativity set. This year we went with all white lights and red bows, which I think looks so pretty.

We have not started Christmas shopping yet....will work on that the next couple of days.

Kristi- you sound really busy- and lots of fun family events. You are so lucky to have Mom so close by. Hoping your sis does well! I was on bedrest for a few months with both pregnancies- Sitting up would make me have contractions....... Keep that baby in there as long as possible : ) Will keep your sis in prayers.

Barb- that is alot of trees! I loved the blog post with all of the pics too. Thanks for the update on Jeanette too. You are busy- and your trip right before Christmas sound heavenly!

Maggie- you gave in and put a tree up- do your cats leave the tree alone? It will be home to have family over. It has to be hard to have a December birthday! Sounds like you got alot of your shopping done; lucky you!

Kelly- were in Co. is your brother moving? Chris is in a small town by Grand Junction. Is is so nice there- small town where you can walk to the market, to downtown and to church. I imagine we will end up in a small town.

Maxine- sounds a little chilly! (But warmer than here....). Sounds like the flowers and the earth are getting lots of good watering. Hope you are getting some time for yourself too. How is hubby doing- no lung infections lately....correct?

Waving hello to everyone else!

Shelly
Old 12-08-2015, 05:34 AM   #4157
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I did have a good day in the stamp room yesterday and I hope to mojo continues today as I need to finish a second swap and get two DT cards done. I also put some of the clothes I am going to pack for Florida in the spare bedroom to make sure things are clean!

I hope you have a Terrific Tuesday!
Old 12-09-2015, 06:23 AM   #4158
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Old 12-10-2015, 10:18 AM   #4159
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning! It is Thursday and I am getting ready to head out for a couple of errands and then come home to pack. I have a double batch of chicken and bacon crock pot chowder in the kitchen--smells yummy!!! All of Christmas Cards are ready to go to the Post Office too--YAY!!

I am heading to the airport at zero-dark-o'clock tomorrow morning and I am not sure when I will check in from Orlando. I am taking my laptop along so I will see you from a sunny state!!!

Have a Great One!
Old 12-11-2015, 12:00 AM   #4160
Mad Swapper

Arggghhhhh - just did a long post and forgot to refresh the page before I did and it all disappeared .....

Barb you really are most faithful at commenting - hope you enjoy your trip away, despite the early start

Shelly you sound really busy - your decorations sound lovely. How is the shopping going? - I have not really started, but have to check what I have squirrelled away through the year before I do anything else.

Kristie you really are crafting a storm with all your cards and challenges to yourself - hope work is not too busy for you at the moment.

Jeanette - we are hoping you pop in here soon - it will be good to see you again.
'
Anyone heard how Darlene is doing?

Kelly it was good to see you call by, and see you on your blog too - I do hope next year will be a little quieter for you and we can enjoy your company more

Maggie - are you busy at work that we have not seen much of you? Good to hear you had some lovely family time last weekend.

DH had his annual respiratory check up yesterday - he is as ok as he can be, but the specialist has changed his meds a bit, so we will be under more frequent reviews next year to see how he responds.

We are going "fibre optic cable" next year for our internet (we are currently on copper cable) - a great offer of the same plan for the same cost and free installation

Summer has finally arrived today and it was 25oC - and it had to be the day of the school picnic and the grandparents were invited. Lydia got her first school report, and in the six months she has been at school she has completed 12 months worth of study!! One bright wee girl, and one proud grandma here.

I am currently babysitting her and her brother whilst her parents go to an end of- year dinner - all was good until I said it was bedtime.... then they learnt that Mama can be a meany!! All is quiet on the home front now, and has been for over an hour and a half - thankfully

Waving to you all