Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-23-2015, 11:29 AM   #4081
Quacker Stamper

I had a busy weekend. Saturday morning I went to get my hair done - got it colored and cut. I really like how it came out this time. Came home first before going to the grocery store. After I got home I ate lunch and then cleaned up the back patio and cleaned out the 2 cat, dog houses I have out there. I got all the outside cat bedding out and put sleep pads in the 2 dog houses. I have a lounge out there and during the winter I open it up and put heavy towels on it so the kitties can curl up on that. They love it. Then I got the big crate out and put a rug in the bottom of it and put a blanket over and around it so it would be another warm spot. They love that spot too where they can get out of the wind. I did order from Groupon 2 large sleep pads that are about 3" thick with removable covers and I'm going to put those in the dog houses and hope that the kitties will like that and go in there. Yesterday Ralph was taking over one of them.

Got to work on a couple of cards. Trying to finish up my DT card that is due on Friday and I also worked on one using a Paris freebie image that I got from Simply Betty Stamps. The image was free as long as we used it to make a card.

My DD in CA called Saturday evening so we got to talk a little bit. Her DH was on his way home from Oregon with his Mom for her to spend Thanksgiving with them. The oldest DGD and her DH are arriving today and the other DGD will get there on Wednesday so she'll have all the family there for the holiday.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-23-2015, 11:29 AM   #4082
Quacker Stamper

Sunday morning I spent some time on the phone chatting with my SIL in GA. She's married to my younger brother that is the quadraplegic. Right now he is in the hospital for a severe wound he has on his butt. He gets them periodically from having to sit so much. Both his kids and his DGS's will be home for the holiday and my SIL is planning to celebrate in his room at the hospital. He'll be so happy to see his grands. She says that the room is large so they'll have room to put a folding table in there. She went to a Fresh Market about a block away from the hospital and ordered a Thanksgiving dinner which she will pick up for them. I sort of have an idea what I'm going to make, but I'm also making some side dishes for one of the ladies at church that I visit every month. She and her DH will be alone and another lady is making them a turkey breast and a pie.

I stopped by my sis's on my way home from church yesterday to say hi to my cousin in from FL. One of my nieces was also there so I stayed for about an hour to chat and then had to rush home to get some dinner and off to Writing Group last night. Didn't get out of there until almost 10 and then was up until midnight. I wanted to get my Paris card on my blog and posted on the Simply Betty Stamps FB page.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:30 AM   #4083
Quacker Stamper

Boss has mediation today and tomorrow! Yeah! That means free lunch. Had a salmon salad today which was okay, but not as good as the other place where we sometimes order from. On my lunch break I went across the street to LOFT and exchanged to items I bought there last week. When I was there I was not finding very many large size items which I normally am, but when I took them home and tried them on, they were way too large! LOL. Took them and exchanged for mediums. Now I hope they fit right.

I have one more DT card to finish up and post and then I'll be done until January. We're only doing one card in December for OSAAT and then taking a short break. Hopefully I can work on some other things of my own.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:50 PM   #4084
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello ladies! Had a very busy weekend- worked a number of days in a row, and had lots of fun in the evening. Went to an Auction for the March of Dimes on Thursday, worked Friday and Sat., went to church & a play my nephew was in. Sunday it was so freezing out, we went out for a hike and stayed in the rest of the day- watched the Bears (loose) and Green Bay(won).

Worked today and watched TV tonight. I need to get my hair colored tomorrow, then picking up Stephi, and heading out Wednesday.

Maggie- the SCS HYCCT has a prize thread, and the question for today is who has the highest number of posts on SCS- and it is YOU!!! You are the queen of posts on SCS!

Blessings to all and Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Shelly
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:08 PM   #4085
Proud Fan Club Member

Sad news- saw a post on FB that Darlene's Amanda passed away today.

May Amandas soul rest in peace and may Darlene find strength in the good memories and may she feel our love and prayers.

Shelly
mschoener, ksmile1978 and Kiwime like this post.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:48 AM   #4086
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Ladies--It seems there are some issues with my email as I had sent out three emails yesterday to those of you who sent me your email address. I had not heard anything back from the first one so I resent it last night. Still was not received, so I sent a third time from my Hotmail account. It now looks like some of you never received any of them....... sorry.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:57 AM   #4087
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--off to stamp class this morning and then a stop at the grocery story to get things for Thanksgiving dinner at my nephew's house. We are moving it from my brother's house down the road a few miles as he had hip replacement a month or so ago and it would be too hard this year. It will be a late night as the Packers are playing the Bears that night. On Friday, we head to Chicago for roomie's family time.

Have a Terrific Tuesday!!!!!
Old 11-24-2015, 11:43 AM   #4088
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello ladies! Had a very busy weekend- worked a number of days in a row, and had lots of fun in the evening. Went to an Auction for the March of Dimes on Thursday, worked Friday and Sat., went to church & a play my nephew was in. Sunday it was so freezing out, we went out for a hike and stayed in the rest of the day- watched the Bears (loose) and Green Bay(won).

Worked today and watched TV tonight. I need to get my hair colored tomorrow, then picking up Stephi, and heading out Wednesday.

Maggie- the SCS HYCCT has a prize thread, and the question for today is who has the highest number of posts on SCS- and it is YOU!!! You are the queen of posts on SCS!

Blessings to all and Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Shelly
Yep! I am! There was a time so long ago that chatters used to post tons to see who could get the most posts. There was sort of a rivalry about it. Somehow I ended up at the top and no one has been able to pass me up as yet. Hahaha! I've never seen that thread. Fun.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:45 AM   #4089
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Sad news- saw a post on FB that Darlene's Amanda passed away today.

May Amandas soul rest in peace and may Darlene find strength in the good memories and may she feel our love and prayers.

Shelly
I saw that post from her brother. It is such a sad thing for a life to be gone so young. I know that Darlene is going to need all the prayers and strength that she can receive to help her through this hard time. She was such a beautiful girl and such a senseless tragedy.
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:46 AM   #4090
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Ladies--It seems there are some issues with my email as I had sent out three emails yesterday to those of you who sent me your email address. I had not heard anything back from the first one so I resent it last night. Still was not received, so I sent a third time from my Hotmail account. It now looks like some of you never received any of them....... sorry.
I did finally get the last one. I had been waiting to get the photo of Amanda that you were going to send out, but never got it.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:46 AM   #4091
Quacker Stamper

I got ready for the most part last night for Thursday. I placed a grocery order at HEB through Instacart last night to have it delivered tonight between 6 and 7 PM. I ordered some side dishes to take to a lady I visit every month from church. One other lady is making a turkey breast and pie for her and her DH. I also ordered all the ingredients I need to make what I am going to take to my sis's on Thursday. I sure hope this works out well cause I can see it will be a real time saver.

We have family Thanksgiving at my sis's every year since she has the big family and the big room to accommodate everyone. This will be the 1st Thanksgiving without my BIL so a sad occasion, but also happy. It will still be a fun time.

My great niece who bought a house not that long ago is having a house warming of sorts tomorrow night, but I don't think I'll be able to make it there. For one thing, it is an hour away from my house during good driving times, but at night during rush hour it would probably take longer than that. I don't get off work until 5 and then have to go home first to take care of kitties and take the food to the lady from church so I probably wouldn't even be able to get away until at least 6:30 or 7 and that is just way too late, I'd have to turn around and come back home as soon as I got there. Not sure what else the weekend will hold since the weather is not supposed to be all that great.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:51 AM   #4092
SCS RAK Coordinator

I sent this picture just now from my Hotmail address.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
I did finally get the last one. I had been waiting to get the photo of Amanda that you were going to send out, but never got it.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:08 PM   #4093
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I never got the email with the photo either. I did get one other you sent regarding Amanda. I'm sorry with having to deliver the news that you are having so many email troubles too!
Old 11-24-2015, 05:13 PM   #4094
Insane Embellisher

Hello to all! It's been a busy few days at work catching up on what I missed last week.

Maggie - how nice that your brother's family will be together to celebrate with him. Sounds like you have your plans all worked out. Hope it all goes as planned!

It is so sad about Amanda I am keeping Darlene in her family in my thoughts.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #4095
Mad Swapper

Still no photo Barb, although I did reply to your hotmail address yesterday after your message got to me.

sunny and warm here, but we are supposed to get thunderstorms this evening.... hope so, it will save me having to water the garden

I am well on the way with my mass produced Christmas cards - all piercing, stamping and embossing done, just have to assemble them now. I will start on that later this afternoon.

How did your online shopping and delivery go Maggie?? That sounds like an awesome service

Hugs to you all, and loads of prayer for Darlene.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:35 PM   #4096
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Still no photo Barb, although I did reply to your hotmail address yesterday after your message got to me.

sunny and warm here, but we are supposed to get thunderstorms this evening.... hope so, it will save me having to water the garden

I am well on the way with my mass produced Christmas cards - all piercing, stamping and embossing done, just have to assemble them now. I will start on that later this afternoon.

How did your online shopping and delivery go Maggie?? That sounds like an awesome service

Hugs to you all, and loads of prayer for Darlene.
I've been working on tons of Christmas cards too. I had gotten one of the kits from SU so that gave me 18 and I've made a bunch of my own. I do need to get my list together to see how many I really need.

The online shopping and delivery was great. There were only 2 things that they were out of and they were not critical. I'm thinking I may go back online and shop at Whole Foods for a few other things and have them delivered tomorrow night.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:37 PM   #4097
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I did finally get the photo. She was so young and pretty. So sad that her life was cut short.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:00 PM   #4098
SCS RAK Coordinator

I did send the picture one more time.......... hopefully it comes to all of you!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:54 AM   #4099
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope your preparations are going well...................... SO

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:08 AM   #4100
Quacker Stamper

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

mcschmidty and Kiwime like this post.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:21 AM   #4101
SCS RAK Coordinator

mcschmidty and Kiwime like this post.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:05 AM   #4102
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello all- Happy Thanksgiving to all- no graphics from me today.

Just popping in to say hello- at hotel in Ky waiting for everyone to get ready, hair and all...... : )

We will meet family for Thanksgiving meal at 1PM here, and I am sure there will be lots of football later. I will being 50th Scrapbook stuff for folks- that only has one page done and everyone can work to finish it- while the guys watch football........

Barb- I did not get an e-mail with a pic of Amanda either.....

Waving hello to all

Shelly
Old 11-28-2015, 06:02 AM   #4103
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. It's cold again here after having a couple days of mild weather; done to the 50's.

We did make it to Old Town Spring yesterday. The weather was near perfect - cloudy, but minimal rain. We didn't get wet. Rained while we were in the restaurant. Not hot, not cold, perfect temps. Did some shopping, but not a lot. My comment was that "We drive for an hour to walk around, pick up one or two things, just so we can eat at Puffabelly's!" LOL! The food is NOT healthy at all, but we all indulged - french fries and onion rings. So good. After that no one wanted dinner when we got home, so we hung out for a little while and then went off to Marble Slab.

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day - lots of photos on FB. Hope you all enjoyed your day

Today the family is going to see the Peanuts movie. I don't think I'm going to go. I want to spend some time at the house and I think I'm going to use Instacart again today to order my groceries for next week. My SIL is making Italian food later - stuffed shells, so I'll go over there later for dinner.

Old 11-29-2015, 03:11 PM   #4104
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon Ladies--Happy Sunny Sunday!

We had a great few days away--fun times (other than the Packer loss) at my nephew's house and then we had another Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday in Chicago. We played basketball on Saturday morning as Aben rented a gym at the park across the street from his house. Saturday night we walked around a German area of Chicago and had supper at a wonderful German restaurant. We came home this morning and now have all of the Christmas decoration boxes in the garage. The main tree is up and I will start the "transformation" tomorrow. I am also swapping out the packages from the Snowy/Big Guy Santa cards tomorrow and plan to get them postal too. Roomie has a minor surgical procedure on Tuesday morning, so I have to in to be with her as she will be under and bring her back home. I hope to be done decorating Thursday morning and then on Friday, I will be able shop for our annual cocktail party-to be held Saturday night. Yes--Busy Week Ahead!!!!

Temps are to be pretty nice--high 30's and maybe some rain tomorrow and Tuesday, but sunshine and 40's the rest of the week.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great weekend!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2015, 08:42 PM   #4105
Proud Fan Club Member

Maggie- sounds like a fun day of shopping and eating : )

Barb- thanks for sending out the e-mail about Darlene and Amanda- my heart is broken for her- cannot even imagine : (
You keep yourself so busy! What a hoot- your annual cocktail party sounds like!

We are thinking we may not put up a treee this year, we'll see. We will be in Colorado for Christmas. Ray found tickets to fly- 20 hours of driving x's 2 (round trip) does nothing for him, so he broke down and bought airline tickets : ) : ) : ) Yippee! But, now we will have to only buy gifts that are easy on the suitcase and flat.... and pray for weather that will not screw up our trip there and back.........hehehehe

The break did just fly by! We spent Thanksgiving in Ky and parents celebrated their 60th Anniv on Sat with us- their actual 60th was at the end of May, but they were not up for a big crowd. We were about 22 and that was not all of us- so manageable- but I think they will sleep alot this week!

Did anyone get any good Black Fridays deals. I stopped at Michaels and Joanns for 12 x 12 paper for scrapbook, and ended up buying more- Joann was 1/2 off papercrafting supplies...OK......! Also glue- everything I bought was on sale. Michael's had 1/2 off stamps, so I picked up a couple.....

PS- that is Ray in the above picture on the Lt- laughing in church.....

Blessings to all!
Shelly
Old 11-29-2015, 10:45 PM   #4106
Mad Swapper

Quiet weekend here - I resisted buying on line as postage is expensive as well as the exchange rate being lousy.... instead I finished mass producing my Christmas card, and did another couple as well.
The weather has been wonderful - up in the mid-20's (Celsius) with some overnight rain. Very good for the gardens too.

Barb you sure keep yourself busy!!

Shelly that photo is fabulous - happy and safe flying for Christmas

Maggie it sounds as though you had a wonderful, family Thanksgiving

Hoping we will see Jeanette here again soon - wasn't her move this past weekend?

I am certainly praying for Darlene - what a heartbreak for her.

Kristie, Kelly and Kel - sending hugs and best wishes to you all
Old 11-30-2015, 06:51 AM   #4107
SCS RAK Coordinator

Great Picture Shelly!
Old 11-30-2015, 07:07 AM   #4108
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie- sounds like a fun day of shopping and eating : )

Barb- thanks for sending out the e-mail about Darlene and Amanda- my heart is broken for her- cannot even imagine : (
You keep yourself so busy! What a hoot- your annual cocktail party sounds like!

We are thinking we may not put up a treee this year, we'll see. We will be in Colorado for Christmas. Ray found tickets to fly- 20 hours of driving x's 2 (round trip) does nothing for him, so he broke down and bought airline tickets : ) : ) : ) Yippee! But, now we will have to only buy gifts that are easy on the suitcase and flat.... and pray for weather that will not screw up our trip there and back.........hehehehe

The break did just fly by! We spent Thanksgiving in Ky and parents celebrated their 60th Anniv on Sat with us- their actual 60th was at the end of May, but they were not up for a big crowd. We were about 22 and that was not all of us- so manageable- but I think they will sleep alot this week!

Did anyone get any good Black Fridays deals. I stopped at Michaels and Joanns for 12 x 12 paper for scrapbook, and ended up buying more- Joann was 1/2 off papercrafting supplies...OK......! Also glue- everything I bought was on sale. Michael's had 1/2 off stamps, so I picked up a couple.....

PS- that is Ray in the above picture on the Lt- laughing in church.....

Blessings to all!
Shelly
Great photo of your parents and Ray. I think it's okay to laugh in church at the appropriate time and for an appropriate reason.

I did not do any shopping over the weekend except at Old Town Spring. I really think that I'm getting to the saturation point with paper and some stamping supplies. I know I won't quit but I need to be really selective about what I buy.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:08 AM   #4109
Quacker Stamper

Finally back at work today. It was so nice to have those 4 days off. Now looking forward to a week off at Christmas time. We had more family time on Saturday and Sunday, but I did take some breaks in the mornings to get things done around the house. Yesterday made a big pot of chicken soup which I put in 9 pint jars in the fridge for lunches for the next 2 weeks.

I think it's time for Christmas shopping so I'm hoping to get that done today or at least most of it.

It's supposed to be kind of on the icky side this week with cooler weather and rainy off and on. Ugh. I need to go across to the mall today and return some things that I bought online.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:11 AM   #4110
Quacker Stamper

I wasn't going to put a tree up this year either Shelly since I'll be in CA for Christmas, but now I think the kids are coming to my house for dinner either this Saturday or the next, and if they do I want some Christmas things up even if it isn't the big tree. I have a small one that I can put up instead. Next year I want the big one up and time to go through all my decorations and see what I really want to keep and what I can pass on to my kids if they want any thing. I know my DD here wants the ones that she made when she was a kid, but those are the ones that I want to hold on to for now.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #4111
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, this is a fantastic picture of your parents! Love Ray laughing in the background too. LOL! That's just wonderful to be together with the love of your life for 60 years! What an accomplishment!

I enjoyed a week off from computer/blogging/commenting, etc. I was finally able to get a few things done that needed to be done and feel better about that now. Thanksgiving was nice and quiet and we enjoyed it all. My brother and his crew were here the next day and that was also nice. Looking forward to Christmas now since my kids will be here for at least some of the holiday.

I didn't do a bit on Black Friday shopping or Cyber Monday either! It was so tempting with all the great deals out there but I just said no to it all this year and survived! LOL!

Down here in Texas in order to have good luck for the new year, you eat black eyed peas on New Years Day. Jim and I didn't eat any this past New Years Day - and it wasn't a good year for us. We're pretty well ending it right in sync with the previous months too ........I went to the dermatologist the week before Thanksgiving and ended up having a biopsy on a place on my face. Turns out it's skin cancer. I'll be going in sometime in Dec. after the insurance ok's it all and have them do Mose surgery. Of course - and wouldn't you know it - it's right on the end of my nose!!!!!!!! LOL!!!! I've searching all over for one of those plastic noses to wear now. HA!!!! I looked lovely at Thanksgiving with stitches in the end of my nose and now am going to look even prettier with all the carving they're going to do. Groan! You can be SURE we'll be eating black eyed peas this coming New Years Day - maybe even a gallon bucket of them!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:50 PM   #4112
Mad Swapper

Oh Lynn what a bummer about the skin cancer - I can empathise as I may be in line for more surgery for that too. {{{{{hugs}}}}} I can well understand you wanting to eat a bucket full of black eyed peas, but that too may have disastrous after effects, so be careful, very careful
Old 12-01-2015, 08:34 AM   #4113
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning. Happy Tuesday! Hope it is Terrific!
Old 12-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #4114
Pearl-ExPert

I have a question for everyone............how do you take pictures of your cards? Do you use a light box (homemade or bought), outside, near a window, etc........ I'm having a terrible time getting good pictures of my cards. I can go outside and do them except when it's really windy or wet. Then it's not a good thing. I tried to make my own light box and due to limited space, it's more hassle than it's worth - and I can't seem to get enough light on it either. I've seen so many blogs with homemade boxes and also some with light boxes purchased on Amazon, etc. Just wondering how everyone here does it.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:08 PM   #4115
SCS RAK Coordinator

Lynn. I use s small light box I got 5 or so years ago. Here is a link to it.
TOPOPENTENT

I also got this small light.
PB05 LIGHT

I have a small tv table tray set by a window with these two items on it. It works for me.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:15 PM   #4116
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks so much Barb. I'm going to check these out!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #4117
Mad Swapper

Daylight, near a window, and depending on the season as to whether I prefer direct sunlight or just a strong light. I have been known to use a halogen lamp and then 'edit' the photo in Photoscape (a free program) Hope that helps Lynn.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:31 PM   #4118
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, thanks to you too. I've been trying to do it in the house with the window but the one window I can use is so hard to get to with setting up a card and all that. I have an Ott lamp that would help with the light too I think but of course there's no place to plug it in near the window. Still working on that one too.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:37 PM   #4119
Mad Swapper

That sounds all very awkward Lynn - I move around according to the light between the ranch slider, or two windows, depending on time and conditions.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:39 PM   #4120
Mad Swapper

I often use a white back cloth, and if I am not happy with the colour, I can use the 'whiten' function in photoscape to correct it on the cloth, before I crop the image.